Who Uses This Software?
Creative teams, K-12 and university, enterprises, NGOs and individuals that rely on diagramming and visualization to manage information and knowledge.
Average Ratings28 reviews
- Overall 4.6/5
- Ease of Use 4.7/5
- Customer Service 4.7/5
- Features 4.5/5
- Value for Money 4.6/5
- Free Version Yes
- Free Trial Yes
Installed - Mac
Cloud, SaaS, Web
Installed - Windows
Mobile - iOS Native
Mobile - Android Native
- Expert Software Applications
- Founded 2002
Online collaborative mind mapping, concept mapping, outlining and Gant Chart software for visualizing and organizing information. Freemium software that offers its basic services for free, while charging for premium features. The free version has a three mind map limit. The software can be used from any standard web browser, or by installing the free desktop, iPad and Android applications.
- Activity/News Feed
- Idea Ranking
- Mind Map
- Status Tracking
- Workflow Management
- Presentation Tools
- Project Planning
- Publishing / Sharing
Mindomo Most Helpful Reviews
Reviewed on 12/5/2019
Best of breed mindmapping software
Comments: I left a Mindomo competitor years ago because they failed to move to the cloud effectively. Since then I've used, and even taught, Mindomo exclusively. Simply the best.
Pros: Cloud based, ubiquitous
Cons: Android app could use some polish.
Reviewed on 18/4/2019
Mindomo is my number one mind mapping tool!!
Comments: Mindomo hits the sweet spot by making an intuitive balance between simplicity and functionality, so that new users would start mindmapping in no time while advanced users can access deeper functions and tricks.
- making elegant zooming presentations with beautiful themes which is way faster and easier to produce than slide based presentation tools.
- publishing interactive mindmaps with embedded notes, links, audio, videos and presentation, which is very enjoyable to navigate.
- real-time collaboration with comments, votes and chat.
- has dedicated business functionality (task management, gantt chart) and educational functionality (student assignment, LMS integration)
- free web version offers three mind maps limit
- mobile apps (android and ios) doesn't offer the same complete experience as the web or software version
Reviewed on 22/5/2019
Comments: I've been using several free/paid tools for mindmapping: Mindmeister, Xmind, Freemind and some others. My favorite was Xmind until they changed their cloud strategy. Mindomo was the best alternative at the perfect price for my use.
- you can save / manage mindmaps in the cloud
- you can customize templates
- you can share / bookmark maps urls
- you can use a huge database of templates / examples (like with some other competitors)
Cons: - the text editing section for annotations could be improved with better resizable & movable window
Reviewed on 15/3/2018
Feels out of date and difficult to use compared to other mind mapping tools.
Comments: It helps me visualize my thoughts and notes, and works well for brainstorming and capturing ideas.
Mindomo allows you to quickly capture ideas in the form of a mind map.
It has solid mobile apps and works on the web, allowing you to work with your maps from anywhere.
The map can be structured in a number of ways so that you can use it for brainstorming, project planning, building organization hierarchies, or taking notes.
I like the many tags you can use to brighten up your maps, and it is great for visualizing information.
The price is very high, and doesn't justify the limited features.
The cloud sync is only available to subscribers, and doesn't work very well.
Reviewed on 10/5/2019
Keeps me organized
Comments: I am using Mindomo to organize my lecture material with links to resources. I am also using Mindomo for the assignment feature for student group work.
Pros: Ease of use and very easy to learn. Ability to copy and paste maps as well as import / export maps. Many ways to attach links, images, or files to a node.
Cons: The set styles to change color of nodes are not diverse or organized. It would be great to have the ability to save a new style rather than having to set it up for each new map.