What Is Caspio?
Caspio is the world's leading NO-CODE platform for building online database applications without coding. The all-in-one platform provides everything you need to digitally transform business operations and workflows. It includes an integrated cloud database, a visual application builder, enterprise-grade security, regulatory compliance, and scalable global infrastructure. See why Caspio is trusted by over 15,000 companies worldwide. Try it for FREE.
Who Uses Caspio?
Caspio is enterprise-ready and trusted by 15,000 companies across all industries and geographies, including regulated industries that must meet HIPAA, FERPA and GDPR requirements.
Where can Caspio be deployed?
Cloud, SaaS, Web-based
- Yes, has free trial
- Yes, has free version
Caspio has a free version and offers a free trial. Caspio paid version starts at US$100.00/month.
Caspio videos and images
- Access Controls/Permissions
- Activity Dashboard
- Activity Tracking
- Approval Process Control
- Audit Management
- Audit Trail
- Business Process Automation
- Calendar Management
- Collaboration Tools
- Compliance Tracking
- Configurable Workflow
- Customisable Dashboard
- Customisable Forms
- Customisable Reports
- Customisable Templates
- Customizable Fields
- Data Import/Export
- Document Management
- Document Storage
- Drag & Drop
- Email Management
- Forms Management
- Graphical Workflow Editor
- Mobile Access
- Progress Tracking
- Project Time Tracking
- Project Workflow
- Real Time Data
- Real Time Notifications
- Real Time Reporting
- Real-time Updates
- Reporting & Statistics
- Role-Based Permissions
- Rules-Based Workflow
- Task Management
- Task Planning
- Task Progress Tracking
- Task Scheduling
- Template Management
- Third Party Integrations
- Workflow Configuration
- Workflow Management
Caspio AlternativesMore Caspio alternatives
High Feature Low-Code SAS
Comments: After trialing a large number of low-code software, this option was a clear winner due to the customizability of apps and compatibility with wordpress.
Fully featured software. Rock-solid infrastructure. There is few things that we have found can't be done with capsio. Any additional features can be custom developed. Unlimited users, unlimited tables. Dataviews can be purchased cheaply. Specialists also provide very helpful 24/7 live chat support.
Storing 10,000+ of photos inside the apps can become a bit expensive.
Reasons for Choosing Caspio: Improve security & functionality.
Reasons for Switching to Caspio: Features, security, reliability, industry leadership.
Caspio - create powerful web applications with little to no coding.
Comments: We collect data from a variety of customers and generate benchmarking analysis. We used Caspio to not only collect the data and manage the data process, but also have created a management backend to control our internal processed to create custom reports. The workflow capability automates a lot of work for us which has improved our productivity (for example, automatically sending status reports for review).
There are very few features that I do NOT like. This is just a great application and we have used it to automate our remote processes, collecting data online and the management portals to run our business.
Hi Eric! Thank you so much for taking the time to review us. We're happy to hear that you've significantly improved your productivity with Caspio. If you have any features you want us to include in the next releases, feel free to add it to our Ideabox: https://casp.io/3rd0tmK
Great potential, but stay away if you're not an enterprise client
- Basic database builder tools have more built-in options than similar software, so it's easier and faster to build more complex setups - If you don't know code, the interface and logic is very close to MS Excel, so the learning curve isn't too bad - Easy to embed and publish applications - Has an unlimited app user model (though not administrators), which is superior to other database app builders that limit user capabilities and charge based on users. This is ideal for customer-facing applications where users need to be able to more advanced functions outside of simply viewing. - Offer a free plan that is fairly well featured, though would only be useful for internal or personal apps
- Pricing structure is highly frustrating for a small business user or team. Basic paid plans have no access to APIs, Zapier, or automation/importing, which is high for the base plan compared to similar apps. To get those features, the next level jumps over 4x higher. - "Datapages" allotted for each plan (which is the foundation of the app) are misleading since similar competitors use an allowed number of "apps". Some basic applications in Caspio need 10-20 data pages, but the basic plan only allows 5. Ultimately a large amount of time was spent figuring out how to cut out pages and combine features, killing user experience. - Had a bad experience with customer support (sales) when I accidentally deleted an entire table. Was informed that as a basic/free trial user they would have to charge me to get the table back, even though it existed. And days saved was only a few, so had to quickly decide. They were not sympathetic to my plight even as I was in the evaluation stage. - If you're a major enterprise with a large budget and some programmers, Caspio may be an ideal solution. If you're a small business, be very careful when evaluating and I'd recommend looking elsewhere. The subscription models and definitions are confusing and you may find yourself with an app built during the free trial and realizing you can't possibly afford to launch it.
Easy App Deployment; Very low code; Lots of functions
Comments: Overall Caspio is an inexpensive way to publish your apps. If you have an idea but don't have enough coding experience, or if your team is small, this is an excellent service. If you are an advance web developer or if you need an app that does some advanced operations, this servive will not fit your needs.
Caspio is an excellent app deployment tool. Period. We had the "mid tier" level, so base your expectation accordingly. Caspio hosts your databases, your user authentication, your web deployments, and hosts all your actions. It's very low code involvement, so if you have an idea for an app, you get it up and running in 15 minutes. Their customer support is quite helpful and they will back to you, but again, we did have a mid-tier plan.
While low code involvement is good for quick deployment, it's limitation is lack of flexibility on your own customization. While Caspio let's you customize some of the "look and feel" of your app, advanced operations/visuals are not easy to do and when you can do them, they are clunky.
Caspio is a robust, affordable option for organizations without in-house IT!
Comments: A software developer for over 20 years, I help small to medium-sized organizations, mostly nonprofits, find affordable software that supports their business processes. I found Caspio when I was searching the marketplace for a low-code platform that could be used to build a type of software that does not exist in the marketplace and it allowed an organization to build their dream application in a matter of months....custom software at an off-the-shelf price! I have been impressed with all the options available as well as the excellent online documentation and customer service of the Caspio support team.
I think Caspio is incredibly easy to learn and use and it allows non-technical professionals to quickly establish a data-centric web-based application without needing to know Python, Java, or another programming language. I have been a software developer for 20 years, so for me the tool takes even less time -- and functions like triggered notifications and tasks allow me to add "behind-the-scenes magic" so one process can trigger dependent processes in a seamless way. I also love the support team's helpful and responsive attitude.
Truly my only complaint is not a bad thing, just a choice -- I wish I did not have to wrap all the Caspio code in separate HTML, mostly b/c I do not think it is as easy to teach to non-technical people. Most of the organizations I work with need help getting everything set up and launched but then can largely be trained to maintain and extend their Caspio app...and while HTML and CSS are not complicated, they are not as predictably explainable as the tables and datapage interfaces.
Reasons for Switching to Caspio: Cost and ease of maintenance -- I am helping organizations build software which they maintain, despite not having programmers on staff. This primarily works not only due to the high quality product but the pricing model. The fact that Caspio is priced by datapage and functionality and not user seats keeps the ongoing cost low, making it affordable for smaller organizations.