15 years helping Irish businesses

About AWeber

Turn passive prospects into loyal customers with easy-to-use email marketing and automation tools and live 24/7 customer support.

Learn more about AWeber

Pros:

Feature I like the most that has recently launched on AWeber built-in landing page.

Cons:

Unable to crop or make any edits to photos in the software. Formatting for blocks sometimes was off when the email went out.

AWeber ratings

4.5

7.9/10

AWeber has an overall rating of 4.4 out 5 stars based on 301 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used AWeber before?

awogor
awogor
Editor In Chief in Nigeria
Professional Training & Coaching, Self Employed

Poor Deliverability For Me Best Tagging Experience

Comments: My experience with Aweber's customer support even when I start as a free trial was something to take home about. It's easy to create both HTML templates for your emails and also, their easy drag and drop email builder makes it possible to design your email templates or pick from the library of already made templates and edit your campaigns. Email campaigns can also be shared with someone else to import all the flows to their autoresponder with Aweber and save a lot of stress.

Pros:

I love Aweber's ease of signing up plus, it's a powerful autoresponder with a nice user interface, great email list management, custom segmentation, and the fact that it even delivers analytics to your email after sending an email campaign makes it my favorite. As compared to ConvertKit, Aweber is still cheap and an affordable autoresponder to rely on. Aweber has outstanding customer service which you can reach at any point in time from email, live support, and phone call.

Cons:

Aweber's Campaign flows feature is currently my third best but then it lacks some features as compared to sender. An example of that feature I was looking for is setting a condition of either a subscriber is qualified to receive the next flow or change a path. That which I can't find in an expensive autoresponder like Aweber.

Ben Marcoux
Ben Marcoux
Manager in US

AWeber: A Good Start With Email Marketing

Comments: I enjoyed using AWeber. It was easy to set up lists and broadcast emails. And it made it possible for me to get started building my business online without much tech skill. However, as I became a more advanced marketer and wanted more control in my business, the way AWeber was set up did not seem to make certain advanced automation features possible. Or the interface was set up in such a way to dissuade you from using it for more complex features.

Pros:

The best part about AWeber is how easy it is to use. There aren't a whole lot of bells and whistles which means that it's super fast to get up and running. And honestly, though it's not my favorite tool, most businesses would do better to use AWeber than their current email marketing system. Also, it's got good deliverability which means your emails actually show up in the inbox instead of spam.

Cons:

I call AWeber a "beginner" email marketing tool because that's what it feels like. Yes, it'll get you up and running. But it doesn't "feel" powerful and the lack of features leave some things to be desired. But "something" is better than "nothing", so if using something easy gets you and your business to do email marketing, than by all means use AWeber.

Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Use It - Better than Mailchimp

4.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

Their support is better than Mailchimp. Yes, I said that. I think there was a time MC had support down pat, but Aweber always has someone available via their chat tool to help me.

Cons:

Their email editor until recently was pretty janky, but recent updates have really improved this.

Writing & Editing, Self Employed

Decent but Old

3.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

I like that AWeber is an established company that feels steady.

Cons:

It also feels like it hasn't been updated in some time. AWeber is not intuitive and it is lacking some of the features that other email companies offer. The pricing was solidly in the middle of competitors.

Patrick
CMO in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

AWeber Delivers

Comments: I love being able to create, and having AWeber is like having the perfect assistant! Always on time, never late. Gives me the very best results everytime and doesnt create customer problems! AWeber is simply the BEST!

Pros:

I love everything about AWeber! Support is awesome! The tools are easy to use and there is an abundance of support materials and videos for DIY How to! I enjoy having an email responder that cares!

Cons:

I dont think there is anything negative to say about using AWeber! Everything I need to do is available in AWeber!

Nanaka
Nanaka
Infrastructure Specialist in Japan
Financial Services, 10,000+ Employees

Using Email Marketing Effectively

Comments: Simple email automation solutions have simplified our marketing efforts, allowing us to easily construct dynamic campaigns. The mobile-responsive email templates ensured that our messaging reached our target audience regardless of device. AWeber's holistic approach has improved our email marketing strategy and strengthened customer relationships.

Pros:

It's important to draw attention to some of AWeber's limitations because it distinguishes itself in the field of email marketing with two remarkable characteristics. Although useful, the reporting and analytics features could use more cutting-edge alternatives for comprehensive analysis of campaign performance. Also, increasing the number of third-party integrations that are enabled would give users even more options when integrating AWeber with their current marketing solutions

Cons:

It's a dependable choice for email campaigns thanks to its user-friendly interface and powerful automation tools. Continuous improvement in reporting features, on the other hand, would provide marketers with even deeper insights into their email performance, allowing data-driven decisions for better results.

Angelica
University Intern in Ecuador
Pharmaceuticals, 501–1,000 Employees

Streamlining Email Campaigns: Maximizing Efficiency with AWeber

Comments: I used AWeber to manage email updates and communications with stakeholders, such as researchers, collaborators, and industry partners, during my internship at the university's Department of Pharmaceutical Development and Research. Building professional connections, exchanging research discoveries, and successfully disseminating information all benefited from the software. AWeber's user-friendly UI and adaptable templates made creating emails quick and easy while maintaining brand consistency. The automated features improved communication efficiency by enabling customized messages and guaranteeing prompt follow-ups. We could monitor engagement levels and modify our email campaigns as needed thanks to AWeber's dependable deliverability and analytics. AWeber was essential in establishing departmental collaborations and supporting our study.

Pros:

AWeber provides businesses with a strong email marketing solution that enables them to engage their audiences and get results. Without any coding experience, you can easily design professional-looking email campaigns using its user-friendly editor and drag-and-drop functionality. With the help of AWeber's automation features, businesses can communicate with customers in a targeted and personalized way, nurturing leads and forging lasting relationships. The program offers in-depth analytics and reporting that provide insightful data on subscriber behavior and campaign performance. The wide template collection and customisable sign-up forms offered by AWeber further improve lead generation and brand consistency. AWeber is a dependable option for companies of all sizes looking to maximize their email marketing efforts because to its exceptional customer support and consistent deliverability.

Cons:

AWeber has many advantages, but there are also certain things to take into account. When compared to some contemporary email marketing platforms, the software's user interface could feel a little archaic. Although it offers the most fundamental automation features, more complex workflows could call for extra integrations or workarounds. AWeber's price model, which is based on the amount of subscribers, could be difficult for companies with lists that are expanding quickly. The template customization choices may not offer as much freedom as other rivals, but being enough for the majority of needs. Despite these drawbacks, AWeber is a good option for email marketing needs thanks to its extensive feature set, deliverability rates, and customer support.

Randall
Owner in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Aweber is a must for small businesses.

Comments: I love Aweber and will continue to use all the features.

Pros:

AWeber lets you create the lists and you are able to design forms and landing pages that meet your website design. You don't have to augment your site to make your forms look right. That was critical to me. The push notifications, social media integrations, and automation made aWeber a game changer.

Cons:

Sometimes Aweber isn't offered as an integration possibility.

Sam
Sam
Marketing Specialist in US
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

One of the most effective pieces of software for online marketing via email.

Comments: If you're seeking for a dependable and simple email marketing solution, AWeber is what you need. It's an effective tool for organizing marketing campaigns because to its automated features and ability to connect with other apps. It may not be the greatest option, though, if extensive personalization and detailed reporting are must-haves for your business.

Pros:

My first foray into email marketing was with Aweber. It's perfect for mass emailings like newsletters. Once among the finest, its email delivery rates were respectable. It also gives decent options for customizing emails for each individual consumer.

Cons:

Although Aweber has many useful capabilities, I have found that its email template customization possibilities are limited, making it difficult to create truly unique layouts.

Jo-Ann
owner in UK
Retail, Self Employed

Good for Etsy integration

Comments: AWeber offers a very easy integration with my Etsy shop, allowing me to collect Etsy customers emails for email marketing. Unfortunately, it does not work all the time and it's not so easy to navigate their interface to solve the issues. Very good customer support.

Pros:

It offers Etsy integration allowing purchasing customers on the platform to be added to mailing list

Cons:

Not very intuitive or easy to set up, integration does not work all the time

Jason
Music Producer in US
Music, Self Employed

Way better than MailChimp.

Comments: I switched to AWeber from MailChimp after learning about how bad MailChimp does with keeping our emails out of the Spam folder. I reached out to AWeber’s customer support multiple times and I can vouch for how AMAZING they all were.

Pros:

Customer service is AMAZING when you need them. I can’t stress that enough. Once you learn your way around AWeber, it’s not too difficult to start creating campaigns and sending mass emails out. I love being able to have multiple list for different products and services. The A/B split testing is a really nice feature as well. They also help you connect your website domain host to help you stay out of the spam folder.

Cons:

There is a bit of a learning curve to it. Setting up your host domain to prevent emails from landing in the spam folder is not an easy thing to setup but that’s a complicated process for ANY email marketing software.

Richard
Owner in UK
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Makes life easier

Comments: First class, the support is great and on hand 24hrs a day. Its easy to see the best performing emails.

Pros:

the sign up forms are fast and easy to design and put on any website. it links in with facebook and twitter and social media. plus PayPal or stripe, so when a customer make a purchase they get added to the right mailing list and receive the automated email

Cons:

im unable to automate moving subscribers from one list to another when they finish a automation series

4 years ago

Hi Richard, Thanks for your review! I noticed that you mentioned wanting to automatically move subscribers from one list to another when they complete an automation series. This is possible within AWeber, except you wouldn't need to move them from one list to another. Instead, you would keep them on the same list, and start them on a new automated series. Our support team can help you with this. Please contact us at https://www.aweber.com/contact-us.htm. Brandon O.

Jean
Director in US
Internet, 2–10 Employees

A good overall product but quite expensive and quite limited

Comments: I signed up there because there were number one and it was an easy setup. Over the years competition has been improving a lot and cutting down the price while Aweber stayed the same while raising prices. I was also disappointed when I realized I was charged multiple times for one email address (for each list), and also for unsubscribes. Have to get in touch with support for them to delete in batches. Good support, that being said. Over the years I got frustrated by using the software and how much I was paying for it.

Pros:

Deliverability to subscribers inbox. Aweber is a reference and well known so email do get in people's inbox. However that has changed in recent years in my country (France). I enjoyed the drip sequence (emails are sent in order over days), but that feature is now available in competitors for cheaper, sometimes better. Customer support has been great, very fast, friendly and responsive.

Cons:

Templates are quite dated and the general interface is a bit limited. For example, you can only delete 100 subscribers at a time... even if you are charged for the unsubscribed users. Pricing is quite high considering the features. Too high for the money I make with the list. Languages : some part of the software are "hardcoded" in English which is problematic for foreign subscribers.

Joshua
Minister of Music in US
Religious Institutions, 2–10 Employees

Great tool for daily emails at a great price!

Comments: AWeber is the budget-friendly solution to marketing emails! You don't have to spend a lot to get big results.

Pros:

We send a daily email newsletter to several hundred people on a managed list, and AWeber allows us to do this scheduled in advance a month or so out, creat professional emails, and not break the bank doing so.

Cons:

Occasionally the social media cross-post of our daily campaign has ended up with an AWeber logo instead of our own custom branding. Aweber has worked with us to resolve their issue on that, but for a few days it looked less than desirable. For the money we saved, we are okay with that.

Linden
Content Creator, marketing director in Canada
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

Where any email marketing should start.

Comments: Overall it’s been a positive experience with Aweber. Enjoy using this to create email newsletters and campaigns.

Pros:

It’s simple to use. With a few clicks, you can start collecting emails to your email list, and start creating your news letter as well. The email editor is as simple or complex as you want to make it. It’s easy to integrate with whatever word processor you write your copy on, or even as a native word processor. I love how easy it is to see what your stats are on sent emails. It allows you to drill down on what works best in your headlines, email body, and if the links you send are getting click throughs. I also like how very few emails get bounced from the receiver. Aweber is a trusted email newsletter source, so gmail and even hotmail won’t mark it as spam often.

Cons:

The biggest problem I find has to do with the lead pages. The lead pages on Aweber aren’t great, and they don’t always work fantastic putting them into a Wordpress blog. Then trying to integrate Aweber with lead pages was a problem for myself. I had to consult friends to discover how to do it properly. If the lead pages function was improved, and integrating with lead pages, it would immediately improve the experience and product.

Hemal
CEO in Malaysia

My Favorite Email Marketing Tool

Pros:

AWeber has significantly contributed to the growth of my business through Email Marketing. I am using many platforms but AWeber is super easy to set up and use. The features are awesome especially integrations, marketing automation, email sequences and Landing pages.

Cons:

Nothing to say so far. Everything is perfect

Haresh
Email Mrketer in India
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Awesome experience so far to use Aweber email marketing system for my all clients

Comments: My overall experince is fantastic so far because I have almost used their all features. Moreover, I also help many people to integrate Aweber without any charges because I love to do that to help people.

Pros:

Specially Aweber has great amount of templates to use for different type of emails to send out for email marketing. Moreover, they have best integration way to integrate their system with landing page. Even they provide an API option so we can easily integrate our custom workflow with website or mobile applications. I found, they have excellent email tracking history and reports. By this tracking details, we can easily find how it delivered to our customers, they the email got opened and clicked on any link which we had in email body part. Overall, my experience is fantastic to use Aweber to use it for all my clients so far. I also help people to integrate Aweber with their landing page without any charging because it doeant take much time for me so if any help needed, I would surely help you. Thanks

Cons:

I found only one and that is you need to have bit knowledge of how email marketing works. But, thats a part of any email marketing though!

Jorden
Owner in US

My email server of choice!

Pros:

I've been using Aweber since the very beginning of my online business about 7-8 years ago. It integrates well with other services to make an automated flow of things. I love the segmentation I can do. Just the overall ease of using it. Oh, and their customer service is INCREDIBLE. Probably one of my favorite features. There is someone live to chat with within seconds to help you. Incredible support, no waiting.

Cons:

Of course, like any new tool, is the learning curve at the beginning. But once you understand the different things you can do with your email lists...it's easy. And depending how complex or simple you do things to send emails, it can be super simple to get started.

5 years ago

Thanks so much for your feedback, Jorden! We really appreciate it. We're always looking for ways to shorten the learning curve and make using our platform as easy as possible. If you have any questions or need any help with your account, please let us know! Brandon O.

Justin
Head of Marketing in UK
E-Learning, 11–50 Employees

Simple and effective email marketing tool

Comments: Very good. We have kept this service for a number of years because of their support and functionality. Every software has its issues but if their support team are quick and effective it makes it a great software.

Pros:

I like how you can easily put together a broadcast email here. Their support team are fantastic.

Cons:

I think that it can be a little easier to turn off double opt-in for subscribers.

Daniele
Social Media Marketer in Italy
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

One of the most famous Email marketing software

Pros:

- Very easy to use and implement - In minutes you can upload your list and send a broadcast - Very easy to create followup/automation

Cons:

- I don't like they charge many times the same lead because is in the different lists - Marketing Automation with limit, not so complete as others

Prudencia
Prudencia
Technician in Energy and Thermal Engineering in France
Research, 51–200 Employees

Highly Satisfied with AWeber's Services!

Pros:

AWeber is an excellent email marketing service that is user-friendly and efficient. Its drag-and-drop email editor makes creating visually appealing emails effortless, while its wide range of features such as autoresponders, RSS-to-email, and email list segmentation, make it extremely convenient to use. Furthermore, its customer service team is knowledgeable and always willing to provide assistance when needed.

Cons:

The biggest downside to using AWeber is the cost. While the features are great and the customer support is reliable, it can be expensive for a small business or individual.

Jacob
Store Manager in US
Retail, 10,000+ Employees

AWeber is the secret that we experts use.

Comments: This software has doubled my results since I started using it.It is the greatest hack for pioneers who wants to grow their own companies fast.

Pros:

It has excellent dashboard and tools which are used to provide technical help to us as the users.Its low predictability structure and the high delivery rates have brought a great impact in my company.

Cons:

AWebers' customer service is always active and ready to help us.i am a happy user.

Olga Liliana
Olga Liliana
Freelance in Colombia
Computer Hardware, 11–50 Employees

Revisión de Aweber

Pros:

Pros I just like the capability to look the stats on my campaigns and subscribers. They are compatible with most different softwares accessible. The cellphone app is pretty on hand, too. Their customer support is the first-rate I've discovered for an access stage plan for an e-mail autoresponder. Well, no longer the unfastened model, I do not think. But the lowest degree paid plan lets you call them as much as you like and they may be constantly very helpful. I experience assured that I can discern out anything I need to do as long as I can name them. Most different e mail carriers make you pay a lot more for that characteristic. This is probably the most important purpose I've stayed with Aweber

Cons:

Cons the have improve región where you compose the emails but there are still issues Whit It I continously ought to undero my emails. and do hard retursn on each líne to get the spacing accutare Also there troubles with transferring for the duration of the email text and adjusting the font sizes and so fort i'm constalytly going returned to the drop menú make certain the font is an appropiate zise as It does not do not forget what font size i decided on for the preceding parágraph maybe there's an área to adjust this

Michelle
Michelle
Owner, Massage Therapist in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

Not Great for Small Business

Comments: This was the first email marketing software that I used when I first opened my massage practice, based on the recommendation of someone who owned a much larger business. Turns out size matters when choosing an email marketing system. While it was great for my friend with a larger business, it was too simultaneously too much and not enough for my microbusiness

Pros:

It offered a functional email marketing service that complied with the Can-Spam act

Cons:

It was not intuitive to use and because I'm such a small business, I had the smallest/cheapest plan which gave me less functionality. I couldn't store images or create templates with my plan, which meant I had to recreate the wheel every time I sent an email.

4 years ago

Hi Michelle. Thanks so much for your feedback. I see that it's been several years since you were a customer. I wanted to let you know that a lot has changed since then and the limitations you mentioned no longer exist (e.g., ability to store your own images, create templates, etc.). In fact, every customer has access to all features and functionality, regardless of their rate. We do not have pricing tiers that limit functionality. We hope you'll consider giving AWeber another try. We offer a 30-day free trial and would be happy to do a brief demo for you, if you'd like. - BO

Curt
Curt
Pastor in US
Religious Institutions, 2–10 Employees

Good Value Overall

Comments: Overall we are happy with Aweber, despite it not being a perfect solution. They treat us well but can be a bit slow to respond to some types of support requests. New features are added pretty regularly, although some of the things we have requested don't get done.

Pros:

Reasonably easy to use overall. Creating emails and campaigns is fairly straightforward. Deliverability is decent.

Cons:

Deliverability is decent, but we do run into problems occasionally. Support is decent, but not excellent. Sometimes I have been told that there is no known problem when emails we send are clearly being rejected by a particular network.