15 years helping Irish businesses

About AWeber

Easily create beautiful emails that drive traffic to your business, creates customer loyalty, and increase your sales.

Learn more about AWeber

Pros:

Feature I like the most that has recently launched on AWeber built-in landing page.

Cons:

Unable to crop or make any edits to photos in the software. Formatting for blocks sometimes was off when the email went out.

AWeber ratings

4.3
4.5
4.2
4.2

7.9/10

AWeber has an overall rating of 4.4 out 5 stars based on 307 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used AWeber before?

awogor
awogor
Editor In Chief in Nigeria
Professional Training & Coaching, Self Employed

Poor Deliverability For Me Best Tagging Experience

Comments: My experience with Aweber's customer support even when I start as a free trial was something to take home about. It's easy to create both HTML templates for your emails and also, their easy drag and drop email builder makes it possible to design your email templates or pick from the library of already made templates and edit your campaigns. Email campaigns can also be shared with someone else to import all the flows to their autoresponder with Aweber and save a lot of stress.

Pros:

I love Aweber's ease of signing up plus, it's a powerful autoresponder with a nice user interface, great email list management, custom segmentation, and the fact that it even delivers analytics to your email after sending an email campaign makes it my favorite. As compared to ConvertKit, Aweber is still cheap and an affordable autoresponder to rely on. Aweber has outstanding customer service which you can reach at any point in time from email, live support, and phone call.

Cons:

Aweber's Campaign flows feature is currently my third best but then it lacks some features as compared to sender. An example of that feature I was looking for is setting a condition of either a subscriber is qualified to receive the next flow or change a path. That which I can't find in an expensive autoresponder like Aweber.

Nanaka
Nanaka
Infrastructure Specialist in Japan
Financial Services, 10,000+ Employees

Using Email Marketing Effectively

Comments: Simple email automation solutions have simplified our marketing efforts, allowing us to easily construct dynamic campaigns. The mobile-responsive email templates ensured that our messaging reached our target audience regardless of device. AWeber's holistic approach has improved our email marketing strategy and strengthened customer relationships.

Pros:

It's important to draw attention to some of AWeber's limitations because it distinguishes itself in the field of email marketing with two remarkable characteristics. Although useful, the reporting and analytics features could use more cutting-edge alternatives for comprehensive analysis of campaign performance. Also, increasing the number of third-party integrations that are enabled would give users even more options when integrating AWeber with their current marketing solutions

Cons:

It's a dependable choice for email campaigns thanks to its user-friendly interface and powerful automation tools. Continuous improvement in reporting features, on the other hand, would provide marketers with even deeper insights into their email performance, allowing data-driven decisions for better results.

Adegboyega
Ticketing Agent in Canada
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11–50 Employees

What I Know bout AWeber

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: My overall experience is remarkable, AWeber is the real deal solution for automating marketing strategies.

Pros:

AWeber enables me to seamlessly create, customize and send high volume outbound marketing emails in just few clicks.

Cons:

I use AWeber on a daily basis and I barely come across any hectic aspect.

Andy
Director in UK

Good value but UI not as good as Mailerlite

3.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Aweber could be great if they made the user interface more simple IMO.

Pros:

Aweber has been around a long time and has a good reputation. It has a free plan so that you can test it out.

Cons:

I dislike the UI compared to similar software like mailerlite.

Use It - Better than Mailchimp

Pros:

Their support is better than Mailchimp. Yes, I said that. I think there was a time MC had support down pat, but Aweber always has someone available via their chat tool to help me.

Cons:

Their email editor until recently was pretty janky, but recent updates have really improved this.

Ben Marcoux
Ben Marcoux
Manager in US

AWeber: A Good Start With Email Marketing

Comments: I enjoyed using AWeber. It was easy to set up lists and broadcast emails. And it made it possible for me to get started building my business online without much tech skill. However, as I became a more advanced marketer and wanted more control in my business, the way AWeber was set up did not seem to make certain advanced automation features possible. Or the interface was set up in such a way to dissuade you from using it for more complex features.

Pros:

The best part about AWeber is how easy it is to use. There aren't a whole lot of bells and whistles which means that it's super fast to get up and running. And honestly, though it's not my favorite tool, most businesses would do better to use AWeber than their current email marketing system. Also, it's got good deliverability which means your emails actually show up in the inbox instead of spam.

Cons:

I call AWeber a "beginner" email marketing tool because that's what it feels like. Yes, it'll get you up and running. But it doesn't "feel" powerful and the lack of features leave some things to be desired. But "something" is better than "nothing", so if using something easy gets you and your business to do email marketing, than by all means use AWeber.

Patrick
CMO in US

AWeber Delivers

Comments: I love being able to create, and having AWeber is like having the perfect assistant! Always on time, never late. Gives me the very best results everytime and doesnt create customer problems! AWeber is simply the BEST!

Pros:

I love everything about AWeber! Support is awesome! The tools are easy to use and there is an abundance of support materials and videos for DIY How to! I enjoy having an email responder that cares!

Cons:

I dont think there is anything negative to say about using AWeber! Everything I need to do is available in AWeber!

Amanda
Administrator developer tech support etc. in US

Very competitive Autoresponder option

Comments: When we first started with AWeber a long time ago, it wasn't the most user friendly platform and was pretty limited in what it could do. They have consistently updated it over the last decade to be a really solid competitor in the autoresponder/email marketing field.

Pros:

I love that it doesn't charge extra for subscribers for the plan that we are on. It is also incredible competitive in its pricing compared to Mailchimp which does much of the same things. Love that they also added in tagging options.

Cons:

I honestly don't really have any dislikes of the platform. It integrates well with what we use and we have no complaints.

Ihugo
Sales and Marketing Executive in US
Hospitality, 201–500 Employees

AWeber Insight by S&M Executive

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

It is straightforward to create, personalize and send high volume outbound marketing emails with AWeber.

Cons:

Kudos to both parties success team for ensuring zero flaws on AWeber.

Faith
Digital Marketing Specialist in US
Hospitality, 201–500 Employees

AWeber: Robustious Email Marketing Automation GURU

5.0 last month New

Pros:

AWeber makes it seamless to create, customize and send high volume outbound marketing emails.

Cons:

Even my overall rating depict that I face zero issues when using AWeber.

Randall
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Aweber is a must for small businesses.

Comments: I love Aweber and will continue to use all the features.

Pros:

AWeber lets you create the lists and you are able to design forms and landing pages that meet your website design. You don't have to augment your site to make your forms look right. That was critical to me. The push notifications, social media integrations, and automation made aWeber a game changer.

Cons:

Sometimes Aweber isn't offered as an integration possibility.

Manish Singh
Affiliate Marketer in India

A Comprehensive Review of Aweber: Pros, Cons, and Overall User Experience

Comments: Aweber is well-regarded as a solid option for managing email marketing campaigns, but it may not be the best fit for everyone's needs and preferences. It's important to evaluate the specific needs and budget of your email marketing strategy before choosing a tool. But AWeber gives a free account, which is the best point of this software.

Pros:

I like most about Aweber is the Drag-and-drop email builder, Automated email sequences, and pricing.I can subscribe and Unsubscribed people from my list. A wide range of integrations with other tools. Comprehensive reporting and analytics. Also, testing tools and a Good deliverability rateOverall, Aweber is often praised for being a reliable and effective tool for managing email marketing campaigns.

Cons:

Its interface is outdated and not as visually appealing as other email marketing tools, and the automation features could be more flexible and customizable.

Jason
Music Producer in US
Music, Self Employed

Way better than MailChimp.

Comments: I switched to AWeber from MailChimp after learning about how bad MailChimp does with keeping our emails out of the Spam folder. I reached out to AWeber’s customer support multiple times and I can vouch for how AMAZING they all were.

Pros:

Customer service is AMAZING when you need them. I can’t stress that enough. Once you learn your way around AWeber, it’s not too difficult to start creating campaigns and sending mass emails out. I love being able to have multiple list for different products and services. The A/B split testing is a really nice feature as well. They also help you connect your website domain host to help you stay out of the spam folder.

Cons:

There is a bit of a learning curve to it. Setting up your host domain to prevent emails from landing in the spam folder is not an easy thing to setup but that’s a complicated process for ANY email marketing software.

Jessie
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

Good for getting started

Comments: I used AWeber for a few years with my first business and was very happy for the price. I had their most basic paid plan which did everything I needed at the time. I will say after taking a year off and reopening this year, AWeber came in second (in a list of 10 options) when making my decision for what to use for the reopening.

Pros:

When I started my first solo business and needed a way to send emails to a list, Weber was where I started. I had little knowledge about what I might need and wanted a way to get started with as little friction as possible. AWeber did just that.

Cons:

Probably user inexperience on my end, but I couldn't get a handle on how to best use tags and segments to my advantage.

Richard
Owner in UK

Makes life easier

Comments: First class, the support is great and on hand 24hrs a day. Its easy to see the best performing emails.

Pros:

the sign up forms are fast and easy to design and put on any website. it links in with facebook and twitter and social media. plus PayPal or stripe, so when a customer make a purchase they get added to the right mailing list and receive the automated email

Cons:

im unable to automate moving subscribers from one list to another when they finish a automation series

5 years ago

Hi Richard, Thanks for your review! I noticed that you mentioned wanting to automatically move subscribers from one list to another when they complete an automation series. This is possible within AWeber, except you wouldn't need to move them from one list to another. Instead, you would keep them on the same list, and start them on a new automated series. Our support team can help you with this. Please contact us at https://www.aweber.com/contact-us.htm. Brandon O.

Paul
Freelancer in Zambia
Computer Software, Self Employed

My Honest Aweber Review 2021

Comments: I've had a great overall experience with Aweber. The software has been extremely helpful in launching multiple campaigns across various brands and business lines, and it allows me to see the big picture of my marketing efforts, including open rates, click rates, and top line results, all in one place as soon as you log in. It's one of the first simple email marketing tools that new affiliate marketers and those who are serious about making money online utilize.

Pros:

Aweber provides a completely free subscription that is simple to use. It comes with a huge selection of templates, many more than its main competitors. Their customer support is award-winning, easily accessible tech assistance is the ultimate equalizer. Their customer service is divine in terms of hospitality. It's inexpensive and includes a landing page builder. The program gives you the option of allowing people to subscribe to your email list via single or double opt-in. Aweber has several integrations with reliable third-party tools and apps. All of their email templates are mobile-friendly.

Cons:

There are less expensive choices available that offer significantly more capabilities in the marketing automation field. Also, while sending an e-newsletter, you can't include or exclude several segments. The RSS to email templates are inadequate, and they aren't editable with Aweber's regular drag-and-drop email builder. A/B testing, as well as how to use Facebook pixels and Google Analytics cookies in a GDPR-compliant manner, are not available in the landing page builder.

Jonas
Jonas
CEO in Sweden
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

The easiest autoresponder for beginners

Comments: Fantastic. I don't think i'll ever change autoresponder. I've tried GetResponse and others and they are also awesome, but I like the simplicity of Aweber so I don't really see why I would ever change.

Pros:

I've used Aweber since 2014, and i've NEVER had an issue with them. Sure, they have downtime just like every other autoresponder a couple times per year, but it's always fixed really quickly. The deliverability is awesome, it's extremely easy to use and their customer is support is insanely responsive. I have had to do a few minor changes to my account every now and then, I kid you not, they have taken care of my issues usually within 2-3 minutes of me opening up the chat (which is now open 24/7)

Cons:

I've heard that if you open a new account with Aweber now, you need to use their service for around a month using double optin, which could be annoying. When I set my account up several years ago, I didn't have to do that. So if you're planning on running paid ads etc right away, that might be an issue for you. If not, Aweber is awesome and i'm sure you'll love it.

5 years ago

Hi Jonas, Thanks so much for your feedback! We really appreciate it. I wanted to quickly clarify that, generally speaking, we don't require new customers to use double opt-in after signing up for an account. Please let us know if you have any questions or need any help with your account. Brandon O.

Suzanne
Education Management, Self Employed

AWeber can help you improve your email marketing

Comments: Overall, it's been satisfactory. It's possible I could have benefited more by using their tutorials and calling support. It has collected subscribers easily for me and it's been effortless in maintaining them over the years. I haven't used any other programs and have considered switching recently, but I'm not sure if I would be able to transfer my subscriber information easily.

Pros:

I started using AWeber to college subscribers to my college prep mailing list. They offered an affordable way to college email subscribers and sell my college product. Once subscribers are collected you can create email marketing campaigns using newsletters. It also allows you to manage your subscribers and determine which emails are effective.

Cons:

From the beginning, it was a bit difficult to navigate the program. I have had problems with their templates and understanding how to use them. I also was not happy with the increase in cost from $19 to $29 when my subscribers reached a certain threshold. I have also had trouble with understanding how to schedule emails and use the data to my benefit.

Bill Laurel
Bill Laurel
Programmer in France
Computer Software, 201–500 Employees

Awesome!

Pros:

It allows me to quickly create engaging emails with their drag-and-drop email builder. I also appreciate that I can track the success of my emails with their comprehensive reporting suite. Additionally, I love the variety of automated features like segmentation, list segmentation, and automation rules. All of these features make AWeber a great choice for businesses looking to maximize the impact of their email marketing campaigns.

Cons:

AWeber has some features that I found difficult to use. For example, I found the automation rules difficult to configure, and the interface was a bit overwhelming. Additionally, the customer service was not always helpful or responsive to my inquiries. I also found that some of the reporting was not very detailed and I was not able to access some of the data I needed.

Owner in Canada
E-Learning, Self Employed

I Used to Love Aweber, It is great for a beginner

Comments: I was very happy with it in the beginning, it just didn't meet my needs as my business grew.

Pros:

I liked that it was a low annual fee for my needs. I liked that they were pretty good at following trends, like customizing user experience for my email members.

Cons:

Honestly, I really did enjoy using this service, my business needs just grew and it didn't grow along with it fast enough for me. It was pretty hard to get everything I needed to communicate across my multiple platforms, so I eventually moved to an all-in-one platform to make my business life much easier. But they were great for a beginnner.

4 years ago

Thanks for your feedback, Amanda. We really appreciate it. Just for your awareness, a lot has changed with our platform since you left. We've been releasing tons of new features. If you're ever interested in taking another look at AWeber, we'd love to have you back. If you have any questions, please let us know.

Ifeanyi
Director in Nigeria
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

Marketing made easy

Comments: We use Aweber to connect more with our audience via email campaigns, email automation, sending out newsletters, and tracking how our audience resonates with our brand.

Pros:

One of the easiest email marketing programs I've tried so far is Aweber. Additionally, the product has been regularly improved, for example, by include additional features like a landing page builder and push alerts. The software's excellent email delivery rates are one of my favorite features. You can also rapidly create emails using the "Drag & Drop builder." In addition, it is a list-based program with a straightforward user interface.

Cons:

Pricing should be somewhat adjusted to better serve small business owners because it is high The segmenting is not something I enjoy. The ability to make segments on the fly would be a little more intuitive, in my opinion. I find it difficult to use AWeber's more advanced functions. Aweber might improve its usability.

Internet, 2–10 Employees

Strongly recommended, AWeber is one of the pioneers of email marketing for several reasons

Pros:

This software allows me to automate my email communication and improve my email open rate, thanks to features like A/B testing to test and optimize conversion. Easy-to-use, intuitive e-mail editing with drag-and-drop functionality.

Cons:

So far, I haven't encountered any major difficulties in using this autoresponder.

Robert
Owner in Canada
Music, Self Employed

Aweber is ok but there are better alternatives

Comments: I have used it for years for email marketing to customers.

Pros:

There are many templates available. I also like that the emails designs are responsive and that you can also use web fonts. Good implementation of split tests and reporting.

Cons:

Autorespond features could be more expansive.

Internet, Self Employed

Excellent email marketing for small businesses

Comments: I've been very happy with Aweber. It's reliable, pretty easy to use, and can do everything that I need it to do. It's rare that I need customer service, but their service has been very good when needed.

Pros:

Aweber is very powerful with lots of features and options, but still easy to use. You won't have to spend hours trying to figure out how it works. There is very little learning curve.

Cons:

The email automation features are a little more limited as compared to some other companies, however, Aweber is priced well and does everything that most small businesses will need.

Adrian
CEO in UK
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Easy to use and great support

Comments: I use AWeber for list managament especially for new projects where I want to test a market before allocating resources to build a website. It works really well for that. Split testing is easy and their support is very good. The landing pages could be more controllable but actually that probably isn't the most important thing in a campaign (Although you could say why bother to split test then, well that would be a good point). I would like to be able to put video in there because that does make a difference to engagement. I guess they'll add it at some point. It's not full of features like ClickFunnels but then it's much more reasonably priced as a result!

Pros:

I can set up a list campaign quickly and easily without even needing a website

Cons:

I can't put video in the AWeber landing page

4 years ago

Hi Adrian. Thanks so much for your review! I noticed your comment about not being able to put video on your landing page. We do allow that by simply adding the link to the video on YouTube or Vimeo. If you need assistance with it, please contact our Customer Solutions team.