15 years helping Irish businesses

Paylocity Reviews

4.3 (795) Write a Review!

About Paylocity

All-in-one, modern HR and payroll solutions that make real-time smart recommendations to help you drive better business outcomes.

Learn more about Paylocity

Pros:

I liked the integration with my tax software. I only exported my payroll information, reviewed it, and that's it.

Cons:

The dashboard is TOO confusing for some people-this is NOT technologically inept friendly at all.

Paylocity ratings

4.0

7.9/10

Paylocity has an overall rating of 4.3 out 5 stars based on 795 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Paylocity before?

Sarah
Sarah
Speech Language Pathologist in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

Slow but thorough

Comments: Personablity and productivity were high on their good side and the overall flow and application of the app or desktop site were both high positives, and even though you had to wait 48 hours usually for a response, when you needed help you at least know they're reliable and responsible...even if they're not hasty.

Pros:

This company had excellent rollout of the product into the work environment with the most amazing customer support I've ever received. Training and utilization were easy to understand and execute, with very little hiccups at all. Their app is colorful and keeps you very updated on your progress and profile management issues!

Cons:

There wasn't an easy way to find answers to questions "fast", you would always get a personable and functional response to your questions from a real human who knew your name, but sometimes an immediate assist is more important than an overly communicative/thorough one.

Alyssa
Alyssa
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees

Paylocity can be used effectively with little to no training

Comments: Paylocity is a highly flexible solution that can grow with a company of any size. From an employee's point of view, the interface is simple and the selections are straightforward.

Pros:

Paylocity has a great interface. We use it to manage payroll for a client base of 100+. It's simple to use, learn, and manage from a managerial and end-user perspective. The technology simplifies the process of hiring new staff members, managing existing ones, and making necessary changes. We're satisfied with it internally, and so are our customers.

Cons:

Too many checkboxes to fill out, cumbersome document uploading, and an inaccessible "cause for termination" form are just a few of the complaints that have been voiced about the system.

Alan
Alan
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees

Paylocity simplifies HR and payroll administration

4.0 last month New

Comments: Paylocity allows us to centralize our human resources and payroll data, making management more simpler. Our efficiency and precision will both increase as a result of this. The unified system not only helps us save time, but also lowers costs.

Pros:

Paylocity's user-friendly interface streamlines and automates HR and payroll processes for better management. Our platform provides streamlined processes and thorough reporting tools, guaranteeing effective administration and meeting regulatory benchmarks. Because of this, Paylocity is an essential tool for any company.

Cons:

Paylocity's mobile app is currently more limited in functionality than the desktop version. If the app were upgraded and expanded, the user experience would be more in line with that of the desktop version.

jeramie
Quality Manager in US
Machinery, 501–1,000 Employees

First time integration from paper based system.

3.0 2 months ago New

Comments: We were integrating from a paper-based system. The lack of development and automation in our existing system made integration difficult. We relied too heavily on manual intervention and Paylocity did not adjust to this easily. My negative experience was largely due to our own sub-standard infrastructure. I felt HR bought the program and then after the sale was complete, we tried to see if it would work for us.

Pros:

a lot of features, easy to navigate within the system, ability to incorporate outside documents into training modules.

Cons:

when it didn't work, we would not know or recognize until the problem grew. Time, attendance, vacation accruals, and other features did not tabulate correctly, but it was not easy to identify.

Kendall
Human Resources Executive in US
Hospitality, 5,001–10,000 Employees

One central hub for all HR-related needs

Comments: Paylocity overcomes the problem of disjointed HR procedures by centralizing them under one roof. This increases efficiency and decreases ambiguity. Additionally, the mobile access capability allows us to operate from anywhere, greatly increasing our adaptability.

Pros:

The intuitive layout of Paylocity streamlines daily operations. Complex procedures like payroll and human resources administration are simplified. In addition, it provides me with in-depth reports that inform my judgment.

Cons:

It's not easy to adjust Paylocity so that it meets all of my company's requirements. Due to its generalizability, it doesn't always mesh with our processes.

Loni
Controller in US
Restaurants, 201–500 Employees

Paylocity is great!

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall, we are very pleased with Paylocity. We've tried all the big ones (ADP, Paychex, etc) but have never had great experiences with those companies. Paylocity takes care of our every payroll need and reports tax information to the government accurately and timely on our behalf.

Pros:

Paylocity makes processing payroll easy. I process payroll for 6 entities and Paylocity makes this an easy task by allowing data imports from POS systems for some locations and time & labor tracking within Paylocity for others. Additionally, all onboarding is done within Paylocity so no need for paperwork or saving employee legal documents outside of Paylocity.

Cons:

Sometime customer service can be hard to reach for questions but they do eventually get back to you with resources.

Katrina
Katrina

All HR processes can be automated using Paylocity

4.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: One-stop payroll processing for maximum convenience. It files payroll taxes and does the math automatically. It's also a great tool for getting new hires up and running. Because of how easily it can be done now, no special training is required.

Pros:

Excellent service is provided to customers. Every time I've had to contact customer support, I've been blown away with the kind of service I've received. I've never had to wait more than a minute to get an answer to a query I've had.

Cons:

There isn't anything about Paylocity that bothers me. Everything is explained clearly and in terms that a newbie can grasp. Those links to assistance are a big help. Additionally, navigating the menus and links is simple. Simple and obvious in its construction.

Lillian
Lillian

Using Paylocity, I can efficiently manage HR

Comments: The ability to set goals is Paylocity's strongest suit. It helps the user stay focused and accountable while also providing insight into the priorities of employees and how those priorities relate to the overall goals of the business.

Pros:

I like how user-friendly the system is and how readily available the data about employees is for study. Another positive is that it may be customized to become your company's complete human resources and payroll solution.

Cons:

Customer service has been frustrating and useless in the past, but we've now built constructive partnerships and are seeing better results as a result. The reporting is similarly mediocre but serves its purpose.

Gary
Gary
Human Resources Manager in US
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Highly effective for human resource administration

4.0 last month New

Comments: Creating and delivering pay stubs for employees has been a breeze. I am able to keep precise records of my earnings, tax withholdings, and other perks because to this platform.

Pros:

It was convenient to have all my resources in one location thanks to the consolidated platform. In particular, their payroll system stood out. Compensating and paying out employees, as well as keeping tabs on their deductions and perks, has never been simpler. It was really easy to create and send out pay stubs with only a few clicks.

Cons:

It took some time to become used to the platform's interface. It took me a bit to learn my way around the platform and figure out how to utilize it effectively, but I'm now well familiar with all of its features and capabilities. It would have been more efficient to adjust quickly if we had been given more specific instructions or training.

Patrice
Patrice
Owner in US
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

Great product, I am happy with Paylocity

Comments: Overall, I am happy with Paylocity as my payroll provider and time management system. I will be using their onboarding next and hope to review my experience with that feature next.

Pros:

I like most how easy the portal is to use. I also appreciate how quickly customer service picks up each time that I call for support.

Cons:

During implementation I would have liked more support with setting up my DBL/PFL and other feeds. I worked with 3 different specialists during implementation which made account set up feel delayed.

Corina
Human Resources Business Partner in US
Retail, 51–200 Employees

So good, selected a 2nd time

Comments: I first used Paylocity 10 years ago at a prior employer when we were changing our payroll system. When I left that company last year, we were still using Paylocity and happy with the services it provided. At my new employer, I was tasked with finding a way to leave a P.E.O. and researched several other systems before settling on Paylocity again. For the functionality and the pricing, Paylocity was very competitive for what we needed.

Pros:

The features that Paylocity offers for an entire HCM system is very easy to use and implement.

Cons:

It isn't always scalable. Some features that get rolled out are in the early stages making them difficult to implement all the time because the pieces desired are missing. We had originally planned to use the recruiting and applicant tracking system but it would take so long to set-up, it doesn't make sense to move from what we have been using that has so much of our previous history already available.

Autumn
AVP of Human Resources in US
Higher Education, 501–1,000 Employees

Paylocity is a game changer

Comments: This software has transformed how we work as an HR team. Further, it has made day to day processes easier and put data in the hands of leaders quickly, where in the past both things would have been highly time consuming and often paper based.

Pros:

Everything? We are using time and attendance, payroll, benefits administration, learning, surveys, applicant tracking, and onboarding. We also use data insights frequently. If I had to pick a favorite right now, it would be learning (the LMS), as we have used that a great deal over the past year of working and training as a remote workforce.

Cons:

None that I can think of. When we have had an issue, the support team is quickly able to address the issue and we are always seeing system improvements.

Stefan
Talent & Process Development Manager in US
Semiconductors, 11–50 Employees

HR Manager's Best Friend

Comments: I like Paylocity a lot and as a company we are very satisfied with the software and currently wouldn't look to change HR & Payroll systems unless something significantly better or more cost effective came along. As long as Paylocity keep moving forward and making the userability experience their focus we will remain a customer.

Pros:

I use Paylocity everyday and find the software very user friendly. For our business size it is very cost effective for what you get.

Cons:

There are some minor features that have bugs that I have bought up over a year ago that have yet to be fixed. The PTO tracking feature is not very user friendly and causes a lot of confusion amongst employees and admins alike.

Stephen
People Operations Lead in US
Computer Software, 201–500 Employees

Review for Paylocity

Comments: I am satisfied with the product but the service aspect of it can be improved.

Pros:

The product has great payroll ability, and it has been mostly reliable so far. I like that it is easy to maintain data integrity in the system, and the self-service portal is also very helpful. Being able to manage benefits and payroll in one system is a big plus.

Cons:

Wish it has more integration such as BambooHR. It also takes a long time to build an integration(3+ month for our 401k vendor). The spending accounts function also needs to be improved as it operates on a separate platform and the employee experience is subpar.

Kelly
HR Director in US
Education Management, 201–500 Employees

Great product; a lot of personnel changes recently

Comments: Overall, Paylocity has really helped my organization come out of the "dark ages". I love that we are no longer a paper and pen company!

Pros:

I love the Paylocity platform! It's intuitive and I like how most of the functionality "speaks" to each other (i.e. you can send hires in the recruiting function over to the onboarding function and then over to payroll).

Cons:

Within the last year I have had a LOT of change in my account managers - both my main rep and my benefits rep. It's a bit frustrating because I was working with my old reps on stuff that the new folks don't necessarily know about and then I have to explain the issue all over again.

Angela
Payroll Manager in US
Hospital & Health Care, 501–1,000 Employees

Very Intuitive and User Frendly System

Comments: I have worked in many systems and Paylocity is by far my preference. Their implementations are smooth and their product is exactly what they promote it to be. Their robust reporting features have allowed us to better support our finance team in creating more accurate financial backup. The ease of use for our users has created more accurate timekeeping and labor cost allocations.

Pros:

Paylocity is very a very intuitive system. All of our team members, from the more computer savvy to the infrequent computer users liked the ease of use of Paylocity.

Cons:

I really don't have any negative feedback. Paylocity is very good about collecting feedback from customers and working to implement changes in the software to meet their clients needs. Many companies say that, but I have witnessed in many instances that Paylocity has DONE it.

Eric
Chief Operations and Financial Officer in US
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 51–200 Employees

Robust system, not the most user friendly

Comments: We have 100s of contractors who are managed separately from our full- and part-time staff. Paylocity enabled us to handle the different demands of both groups.

Pros:

A very robust system. Keeps abreast of policy changes making it easy to consider options. Extremely function rich with many reporting options, sometimes to the point of fault in that it takes some training to become familiar with the system. Integration and customer services have both been excellent.

Cons:

The system is not the most user friendly, but it adds functionality in place of user experience. For example, adding a new 401k/403b program took multiple calls with customer service to be sure everything was set appropriately. Same for HSA enrollment. The full product requires more than a basic level of technical proficiency.

Lisa
Controller in US
Pharmaceuticals, 11–50 Employees

Easy to use, end users have been impressed

Pros:

The end user employees are able to take care of most questions and issues themselves through the Self Service Portal. Our semi-monthly payroll entry is simple. Like how the recruiting information for a new employee rolls over to onboarding and HR seamlessly.

Cons:

There are some processes that aren't intuitive. For example, setting up HSA bank accounts for individual employees. The integration with our benefits software is a little buggy. There have been errors and I still have to go into our benefits system to make sure terminations and new employees are rolling over.

Julia
Project Manager in US
Consumer Services, 11–50 Employees

All in One HR Software

Pros:

Paylocity makes it easy for us to manage everything from onboarding, timekeeping, PTO, and payroll. We had two separate systems for timecards and payroll and no system for onboarding before and Paylocity has helped us go almost completely paperless. Timekeeping is easy and the mobile app is excellent for the employees.

Cons:

Since the product is modular (pick and choose which modules you would like), some processes require a little hopping between applications but everything works very well together.

KRISTI
VP - FINANCE in US
Medical Practice, 201–500 Employees

Good product

Comments: Overall, we have enjoyed Payolocity as our payroll software. My only complaint would be some features that we are not able to change or integrate with other software for our industry and I feel like Paylocity has grown significantly since we originally purchased the product and there is a small decline in promptness of reply on support issues.

Pros:

Our office enjoys Paylocity for our payroll needs. It is very user-friendly and customizable to our industry.

Cons:

The Onboarding module has had multiple issues when attempting to make changes or having employees cause an error that can't be fixed by administration.

Jacquelyn
Payroll Manager in US
Real Estate, 501–1,000 Employees

Excellent Payroll Service

Comments: Paylocity has made our jobs easier, more accurate, more efficient and take less time to look up the history of an employee. If something goes wrong, Paylocity fixes it right away, their customer services is impeccable, they are attentive and very knowledgeable in the payroll and hr field. I love that they are compliant in each state which makes making sure we are compliant in all areas easy.

Pros:

I love Paylocity. The reports are easy to use, I can even create a custom report for exactly what I am looking for. I love the ease of adding a new employee, setup between multiple services is amazing and makes our job that much easier.

Cons:

Transferring an employee between different companies. That section does not work properly. I feel that I should be able to click on what I would like to transfer from 1 company to the next.

Alison
Exec. Director in US
Philanthropy, 51–200 Employees

Persistent Issues/High Turn-Over

Comments: Their sales is excellent and they will sell you what they have while telling you they can make anything else work as they started as a "tech company." Be warned however, you never actually get to talk to a "tech person" if you have issues with their system and therefore, nothing ever changes. They also have a lot of turn-over and it appears that they lose their quality representatives to promotions and seemingly do not have incentive for those quality employees to stay in the representative positions. Those left to support the customer are typically very new and/or entirely unpleasant to work with. If you see exactly what they have during the sales pitch and it works for you, this company could work well for your payroll needs! I would highly discourage any employer from using this company if you have employees that work outside of typical daytime work hours. I do not have confidence that they are willing or able to fix some of the detrimental payroll issues that we are experiencing.

Pros:

There are a lot of options that you can decide to use with Paylocity and like other reviewers, we were really impressed with the report options and capabilities when we were interviewing payroll companies.

Cons:

We were definitely sold on a lot of options that we are necessary for us to run a smooth, effective and correct payroll but many of those have turned out not to be true. I'll describe out top three persistent, unresolved issues. For starters, we have employees the work overnight shifts and the way Paylocity time sheets are set up is that if you work an overnight, all of your hours fall on the day you clocked in. This is a huge issue at the end of the week when employees would get paid for overtime in that week if we didn't manually adjust their time sheets to split the shift at midnight. I'll state that again... we have to manually edit every time sheet to correctly prevent incorrect payment of overtime. It's extremely time consuming and often leads to more errors and Paylocity has failed to mitigate this issue at every chance. Secondly, some of our employees receive a shift differential if they work certain hours. Paylocity reportedly has a set up for this that "works at other companies" but in our experience, it is a serious disaster. Their code/rule/setup does not catch the correct hours for adding the differentials and does one of six things: 1. It does not add the differential at all 2. It adds the differential to some, but not all, of the correct hours 3. It adds the differential to hours that it does not apply to 4. It adds a double differential and on rare occasion a 1.5 differential 5. It adds random dollar amounts at the differential rate with no corresponding hours 6. It occasionally pays all of the hours correctly for one or two employees per payroll To sum this up, we have to review ever employee and manually adjust these calculations. I'll state that again... we have to manually edit every time sheet to correctly pay our employees. It's extremely time consuming and often leads to more errors. Paylocity has also failed to mitigate this issue at every chance. Lastly, we have been with Paylocity for almost exactly 2 years and are now working with our sixth company rep who can guarantees, like all the others, that they will solve this issue. There has been one attempt at resolving the issues that

James
Office Manager in US
Construction, 11–50 Employees

Payroll Management

Comments: In general, we’ve had a good experience with this software. Paylocity has worked well to meet the payroll needs of our company. IT’s been easy to use and helps us to quickly and efficiently take care of the employee timekeeping and payroll each week. Paylocity manages all of the direct deposit, payroll deductions, payments to tax agencies, insurance companies and garnishments, et cetera, so that we don’t have to employ an in-house Payroll expert. Employees have an online profile that they can log into, where they can manage their information and can pull up their pay history. In a small company like ours, we appreciate the ability to oursource the heavy lifting of the payroll responsibilities. Paylocity has done a great job in this regard, and they are responsive when we need to give them a call for support.

Pros:

Once you get Paylocity set up, the interface to input employee information and employee time is pretty easy to use, and we have never had issue with any software “glitches”. Whenever there has been any error, it was because of garbage in, garbage out. Paylocity automates all the payroll processing, so as long as the correct data is input each week, the whole weekly payroll process is painless and mostly effortless. The software's reporting features are good, and offer plenty of standardized reports that fit our needs, so we're able to easily handle the payroll accounting with our small office staff.

Cons:

Paylocity's support is OK, but could be better. We have an account manager that handles our account, and you have to call or email your account manager. If I need an explanation, or support with an issue, leave a message and have to wait for her to get back to me. Often it takes a lot of back and forth to get the issue resolved, usually days, not hours.

Alex
Alex
President in US
Real Estate, 201–500 Employees

Good product, terrible support

Comments: Our team has lots of experience migrating large systems from one software provider to another; while these projects are always nuanced and challenging, we've never experienced the lack of support and integrity that we experienced with Paylocity.

Pros:

The product is both well designed and executed. While implementation and support have been another story, the product's functionality and ease of use have been enjoyed by both our administrators and users.

Cons:

Unfortunately, our organization had an extremely poor implementation experience. Like many, our industry has some unique payroll tracking and reporting requirements; however, through numerous meetings, Paylocity's salespeople and implementation specialists ensured the product could handle these requirements out of the box. With consultation from Paylocity's team, we scheduled over three months to implement and test the product before going live for a stress-free experience. Unfortunately, our experience was the opposite of what was promised. In addition to breaking numerous commitments and being misadvised by our implementation specialist on multiple occasions, we were not re-assigned an implementation specialist for over a month, which pushed us past our "go-live" date. Ultimately, we had to self-implement the product to a large degree. After seven months with the product, we are still waiting on promised fixes to multiple issues. We have tried for months to address these experiences and concerns with Paylocity's [SENSITIVE CONTENT] of Implementation Services and other higher-ups. Unfortunately, our e-mails go unanswered for weeks, and the short responses we receive don't address the topics we have raised.

Food & Beverages, 11–50 Employees

Very few kinks

Comments: Overall, implementation was good and reporting is one of the few bumps. We expect as we use the system and learn it better, we can make it work for us.

Pros:

It was easy to roll over into paylocity from our old system and we like that we are able to still cut payroll checks in-house. The time management and benefit feature is nice and the portal is very user-friendly.

Cons:

This was the most expensive solution we looked at. While we decided it was probably the best for our uses, the jury is still out on whether it is worth the money or not. We have found that our old system produced better reports that were specific to our industry (restaurant) and that Paylocity does not have the same reports set up.