15 years helping Irish businesses

About AssetCloud

Eliminate spreadsheets and manual process with an asset tracking solution that's easy-to-implement and use.

Learn more about AssetCloud

Pros:

The process adds another step for us when checking in or out assets, can be tedious when trying to get a load out quickly.

Cons:

If the system has the information input it is possible to pull out the information for reporting. The app that goes with this software always has some kind of problem.

AssetCloud ratings

4.2
4.5
4.3
4.4

8.1/10

AssetCloud has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 346 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used AssetCloud before?

Hillary
Hillary
Sales Assistant in Romania
Construction, 51–200 Employees

AssetCloud is an Effective and Helpful Asset Tracking Package.

Comments: AssetCloud is very effective project Asset management product and the compliance management and coordination across project teams is amazing.

Pros:

Through its Cloud functionalities its very simple tracking all the Construction projects Assets and the ability to manage event through AssetCloud is incredible.Helpful on easy allocation of Assets and the employees data management and expense tracking using AssetCloud is perfect.

Cons:

Effective and easy on Cloud implementation and its training curve is very friendly and myself i got nothing to dislike.

9 months ago

Thanks for commenting on how effective and helpful AssetCloud is to your business. You'll be happy to know that we've also added brief quick-help videos to our website so you can quickly and easily reference any self-training needs.

Craig
IT Administrator in Canada
Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

Children's Treatment Centre of Chatham-Kent

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Good, we are happy with Asset Cloud and have overcome some of the previous short coming mentioned.

Pros:

Ease of use, and training videos. The ability to granulate the reports.

Cons:

Some note functions did not transfer over so we lost critical information such as the ability to write in note section critical information such as admin password and login information.

4 weeks ago

Good to hear that you're leveraging our on-demand training video. The idea actually came from reviewers on this site.

Melanie
Laboratory Analyst in US
Biotechnology, 1,001–5,000 Employees

WASP Cloud

Comments: The intent for using of this software is to reduce typographical errors on case related paperwork, reduce the amount of information written on case related documents with the use of an asset tag number, provide a one stop location of all electronic data (e.g. Q/QC data, Casefile documents, product information, etc.) as they pertain to specific asset numbers and assets associated to the parent asset. The software accomplishes this goal. Although years ago sales had recommended "Professional" when it was the available software type/version based on our needs when I originally reached out the WASP, I can't say that I would recommend this software for the laboratories functions and needs I have outlined throughout this survey for other forensic laboratories.

Pros:

Creating a label within the software is a nice feature and makes that function easy. The previous Enterprise version required a label software to generate labels making it rather laborious. Customer service is mostly helpful although there were a few instances a resolution could not be resolved either by the lack of knowledge of the rep or the limitation of the software.

Cons:

Integration of my 3G database from Enterprise to Cloud was a nightmare and took months to resolve. Although the software is easy to use once the user becomes familiar with its functionality, it is not user friendly and takes a significant amount of time to navigate the program. A training session either on-site or by virtual meeting would be helpful. Some of the available video were helpful, but limited. Once the user becomes familiar with the software, portions are easily navigable, other functions are not attainable. One function I'd like to see improved is the ability to pull expiration dates of assets between a select subset of days. Currently, to pull a select range of expiration dates (e.g. 08/01/21 - 08/14/21), I have to search for the year 2021, then scroll and select assets within that date range.

Corina
Dir of Accounting in US
Banking, 201–500 Employees

One year in

Comments: Had we known during the selection process that on-premise would create some important limitations with the hand held devices and functionality at our locations we might have made a different choice. The support team was always available to help during implementation, but sometimes didn't have an answer or took a long time to reply. We asked for assistance with writing custom reports to aid in extracting date for Depreciation journal entries to be created (because the system doesn't have a canned version for what we want) but we often got push back, even when we offered to pay for report writing time.

Pros:

It is a user friendly interface and pretty intuitive menus. The Asset tracking is good and we like the barcode features using the handheld devices.

Cons:

The depreciation functionality seems to have been an afterthought. Some basic questions we raised during implementation and initial training make it clear the trainer (and developers) did not have a great grasp on the accounting needs around depreciation. Our own company policies did not allow for us to use their cloud version, and that has led to some frustrations where the functionality was limited with on-prem

4 months ago

Thank you for taking the time to share with everyone how user friendly you feel AssetCloud is. Do know that we review all of your comments and are committed to continuously improving on your experience.

Eric
Field Services Equipment Coordinator in US
Environmental Services, 2–10 Employees

Eric, The SCA

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Great product for sure, friendly staff too

Pros:

Labeling function and hardware is a real joy to use

Cons:

Wish there was some kind of regular training series that I could follow instead of having to do a call with someone to figure out things

Tauye
Program Coordinator in Papua New Guinea

AssetCloud Review

5.0 last month New

Pros:

Report Extraction & Check In & Check Out

Cons:

Receipts and forms - They need to be tailored to suit business requirements and also integrate company details. These also need to be shared/made available with other users easily. Support - Support services by 3rd party vendors need to be consistent. At times, we have to wait for 3rd party to contact WASP in America to get solutions to our problems.

4 weeks ago

We are so glad to hear that you are enjoying the report extraction and check-in/check-out capabilities of AssetCloud. Also thank you for your recommendations.

Andrew
Imagining Centers IT Director in US
Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

The best asset management

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall experience now that we’ve been using it for a long time. It makes life so much easier knowing where all your assets are how many of which assets. You can combine assets together, so you know that they are there together. You can see what location they’re at you can check assets out you can check assets in Can attach you can do so much with it. It’s amazing.

Pros:

Once it’s all set up. You are able to fill in so much description that it’s readily available to you. You can attach images to your ass. You can put notes about your asset, so that everything is right there when you need to find it. It was one of the best purchases that we have made and we use it weekly.

Cons:

The least likely thing I like about it is, it takes some time to get familiar where to set up

4 weeks ago

Appreciate your glowing endorsement that AssetCloud is the best asset management software. We've also added helpful new quick start videos.

Sue
Office Manager in US
Utilities, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Asset Cloud Review

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: We are happy with the product. It works well for our industry.

Pros:

Ease of use with this product. Easy to track our assets.

Cons:

We have no compaints with the product. The cost is rather high.

4 weeks ago

Good to hear that not only do you not have any complaints about AssetCloud, but that you also find it very easy to use.

Reggie
Lead IT Support Project Coordinator in US

Easy to Manage Software Contracts

4.0 last month New

Pros:

I use AssetCloud to manage software assets and contracts. I like that I'm able to customize contract forms to capture the information that's most relevant to me. It's also easy to set up custom emails notifications, which allows me to stay up to date on expiring contracts.

Cons:

I wish there was some agent to install that can automatically collect IT inventory data.

4 weeks ago

Thank you for sharing with everyone how easy AssetCloud is to use. We appreciate yo8ur insights and we are committed to continue to improve on your experience.

Gerri
Assistant Treasurer in US
Higher Education, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Useful, but likely not worth the price for the way that we use it

Comments: While it's a helpful tool, the AssetCloud product doesn't quite meet our needs. We have a simple inventory/tracking/audit requirement and are considering moving it into an Excel document in the near future.

Pros:

The product helps to manage our inventory and track/audit assets.

Cons:

Have not discovered an easy way to assign employees (that do not have access to WASP) to audit their own assets or be notified when an audit needs to occur.

4 weeks ago

Thank you for sharing your experience. Do know that we value your comments and are committed to improving on your experience.

Anthony
Operations Manager in US
Construction, 51–200 Employees

Asset Cloud Review

Comments: Asset cloud has allowed us to maintain all of our assets and view the data accompanying those. Overall the platform is very beneficial.

Pros:

I like the search bar, and reporting options/customizations available.

Cons:

Some of the software seems to not work as smoothly as it should. Example: when checking out an asset and assigning a due date, you must add the asset to the queue and then re-click the record and add the date. Why not just have the due date available without extra steps.

last year

Good to know that AssetCloud is effectively helping you to manage, search and report on your assets. Do know that we take your feeback very seriously and that we are committed to improving upon your experience.

Russ
Demo and Rental Manager in US
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1,001–5,000 Employees

AsstCloud works great for us!

Comments: AssetCloud is the best tool we've found to serve our multiple requirements for our pool of assets (sales demonstration, tech support, and rentals, also depreciation and calibration tracking)

Pros:

We use AssetCloud to track thousands of assets spread all over the company. These assets are used for sales demonstrations, tech support, and also rentals. The check-out and check-in functions make it simple to move items and keep track of where they are, and when they're due to be returned. We also use the depreciation utility to calculate depreciation each month, and track current book value.

Cons:

In a previous version, we used the "parent/child" asset relationship tool. It was only recently added back to the AssetCloud version. I would like to have the view option to see "Top level assets only" in the main list views. Regarding initial set up, it takes time and patience to upload an existing database. Care must be taken to have upload files properly formatted and uploaded in the correct order. But that's the world of relational databases!

Tom
Tech Director in US
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

Morin Review of Wasp Assett Cloud

Comments: We are finally able to do something with our inventory. Check in and out computers and chroembooks and track them. Its been a learning process in setting it up the way we want.

Pros:

I liked that we got all the equipment we needed including printers etc and the support to aid in setup and further issues was excellent.

Cons:

I would like that when I use the import tools to bring in more assets that it would give a warning if the tag numbers (asset numbers) were already in use. I have had several times on accident that I built my import file and accidently had asset tags I already used and it simply overwrote all the asset info. NO Prompting that they were already in the system. That would have queued me something was amiss (unless I knew I was updating assets) One feature I wish it had was the ability to create an asset template that could have a bardcode that represents everything about the assett so I could then simply scan the new barcode and serial number and it would allow me to easily add many at the same time. (example I buy 100 chromebooks off same PO, same model, etc and the only difference is the serial number and the asset tag that will be assigned. It would be nice to be able to preprint the asset tags and apply them then scan the asset template barcode followed by the SN and Asset tag on each of them. I have to build an CSV file to do this each time.

2 years ago

Thanks Tom for sharing your review. Good to hear that you had a good experience onboarding and integrating your equipment with the software. Thanks also for taking the time to detail some opportunities for improvement. We'll spend some time on these ideas.

Andrew
Center IT Support Engineer in US
Information Technology & Services, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Worth the time to learn

Pros:

It's a pretty robust tool, to be honest. I like the physical tag integration, the options for specifying geographical area/section for the item, and of course having the serial # as part of this as well. With a great deal of "work from home" happening in light of the pandemic, we used to have a lot of hardware "go missing" or "get misplacaed". You want to think the best of people, but in a business environment you have to protect yourself and the company. Having something tangible to point to is a very valuable tool that can circumvent many awkward situations, related to possession of said item. With proper implementation set into motion, being able to scan in (with a mobile phone even) hardware on-site in front of the user lets them know we are keeping track of the item. This works as a powerful deterrent to theft in many cases. A lot of the flexibility for how to tag and the organizational options in AssetCloud are great. I've been around systems that are literally just a list and that's it...things that are tagged with a few text characters at best. The fields for keeping things organized makes the tracking much easier and helps me keep on schedule for the rest of my day.

Cons:

Right off the bat, I wouldn't say it's impossible to pick up (it's not like learning to script or do SQL), but you'll need to study up some to get things the way your organization/company wants them done. Fortunately, we had a representative from WASP do a Zoom call and walk us through some of it. That helped whittle down the mountain a bit, but any new system can be intimidating. This is a very soft con, as it's a common occurrence with any new system.

2 years ago

Thank you Andrew! We're so pleased that you are getting strong value out of AssetCloud. Also thank you for your recommendations on how to continue the improvement. We will share your insights with key decision makers.

Eric
IT Specialist in US
Education Management, 501–1,000 Employees

AssetCloud for a School District

Comments: As a previous user of MobileAsset from WASP, it was not a "very steep learning curve," and conversion was not as painful as I anticipated. The interface is simple to use, and consistent uptime is great without having to physically house our own local server!

Pros:

-Ease of use-Granular management of access to the program for user roles-Reporting is (somewhat) easily editable!-Integrated Asset Tag printing!

Cons:

-If this product if bought for a school district, it shouldn't be so expensive to have more users than assigned. And concurrent users trying to log in at the same time causes issues.

9 months ago

We are happy to hear that you agree AssetCloud is easy to use. Do know that we are committed to maximizing your value for this solution.

Anthony
IT Support Professional II in US
Higher Education, 1,001–5,000 Employees

AssetCloud brings order to chaos of inventory

Pros:

AssetCloud is easy to implement. We had the previous version MobileAsset. We upgraded to AssetCloud a few years ago. Easy to use. It basically manages itself

Cons:

The reports could be better. The reports often gives me either too much or too little information. Often when I run a report I have export it to Excel to tweak it.

last year

Well said. AssetCloud does bring order to chaos regarding inventory management. Do know that we are committed to improving on your experience.

Sushant
Project Incharge in India
Logistics & Supply Chain, 11–50 Employees

Smart and innovative software to track your Asset

Comments: My overall experience with AssetCloud is exceptional.

Pros:

It is one of the smarter and innovative software which helps you to track various assets from one place. You can get real-time data for your assets lying at different places within few seconds. With RFID you can eliminate manual barcode scanning process. RFID can read all assets tags within range simultaneously even they are not in sights.

Cons:

There is nothing to dislike AssetCloud with me as it works fine as per expectation.

7 months ago

Thanks for letting everyone know about the wonderful capabilities of leveraging AssetCloud for RFID. Glad to see you regard it as exceptional.

Randy
Computer Technician in US
Education Management, 201–500 Employees

Using AssetCloud for Equipment Inventory in Schools

Pros:

It is easy to enter and maintain our IT inventory in AssetCloud. Customer Service has been quick to respond to our questions and has even implemented some of our requested options. They continue to improve the product with upgraded features. We also use the WASP barcode printer with AssetCloud, which makes printing labels much easier than with our previous software. We also like that the software is web-based and we can access it from anywhere when needed. The new "quick search" feature is also helpful. We also like being able to mass import new devices and import the serial numbers or locations later if not immediately available when imported.

Cons:

So far all the features that we felt were missing have been added or upgraded, so no "cons" for us at this time.

Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Simplify and Optimize Asset Management with Asset Tracking Solutions

Pros:

One of the key benefits of asset tracking solutions is their ability to provide real-time visibility into asset locations and statuses. By leveraging technologies like barcodes, QR codes, or RFID tags, I can easily scan and track assets throughout their lifecycle. This level of transparency enables me to quickly locate assets, monitor their movement, and prevent loss or theft. The ability to access accurate asset information on demand has significantly improved asset accountability and inventory management.

Cons:

I have no negative opinion that I write here. Recommend asset tracking solutions to businesses seeking to optimize their asset management processes and improve overall operational effectiveness.

11 months ago

Glad to hear you're benefitting from the RFID capabilities of AssetCloud. Good to know how this and the solution's other capabilities make your efforts much easier.

Monica
Senior Scientist in US
Pharmaceuticals, 51–200 Employees

Asset Cloud

Comments: Tracking laboratory equipment, and setting maintenance schedules for calibration/preventative services.

Pros:

Maintenance schedule tracking & report offerings

Cons:

Software can be finicky when it comes to searches... must clear previous query. Not very intuitive to use.

2 years ago

Thanks for detailing your experience with AssetCloud. We have reviewed your experience and will leverage these insights to continue to pursue the excellence of this software.

Kevin
Help Desk Manager in Canada
Automotive, 1,001–5,000 Employees

WASP review

Comments: For the most part it does what it does the job.

Pros:

I like the range of fields offered along with the ability to add additional fields. I like that the scanner works the application.

Cons:

It can be slow to load a view. Sorting does not work. When performing Audits the scanner app will crash, we have to go back and scan again.

7 months ago

Good to hear that you like the range of fields offered along with the ability to add additional fields. These are just a couple of the many features available in AssetCloud.

Rajendra
Warehouse Executive in India

Awesome Asset tracking solution

Comments: The overall experience with AssetCloud is great.

Pros:

1) It is one of the best Asset tracking solution which helps you to track your assets in easiest way. 2) You can use mobile scanners or RFID for asset tracking. 3) The best thing is that you can track GeoLocation of any asset easily.

Cons:

As of now we never faced any issues with AssetCloud.

7 months ago

Thanks Rajendra for your awesome review. Great to see that you're leveraging some of our high value capabilities.

Brooks
Scientific Operations Specialist in US
Pharmaceuticals, 51–200 Employees

A great product

Comments: It has been an overall positive experience

Pros:

It helps build a system of tracking all of the assets together and making sure things are being serviced appropriately

Cons:

There is a lot of features that are not so intuitive, but are very powerful when specifically trained on how to use them

Laura
Accounts Payable in US
Accounting, 51–200 Employees

Training Requested

Comments: Overall customer experience truly hinges on the strength of the customer support. From my experiences with this company, the customer support is not very helpful to those who are new users to the program. I felt that because we only pay for one user we were not worth the time to help our new employee learn the program. As a result, we are researching other products that offer the same and added features for a fraction of the cost of this program.

Pros:

We purchased Wasp Asset Cloud to help our school maintain a large inventory of computers, small inventory <$250. The features and the potential time savings to our school is what we like most about this product. We have a new user to this software and she has never used this type of program before. It would be helpful if this software had video training modules that are updated and available to the company with each annual subscription.

Cons:

For our new user (not the person that set up this asset software), the software seems clunky and not intuitive. I think a training course for brand new users would be extremely helpful to retain customer loyalty and appreciation. Presently our school is looking at less expensive software with well marketed and robust looking applications, such as offered by a software program like File Maker Pro. For the same price we can have 5 users and access to training videos.

Taylor
Program Assistant in US
Law Enforcement, 201–500 Employees

Great for any asset tracking needs!

Pros:

AssetCloud is very easy to use and integrate into our business. All of the features are fantastic, and we don't even need all of them. We have bee using older WASP products for years and AssetCloud is a real upgrade. We love that it is on a cloud and multiple users can be updating in real time.

Cons:

The only thing we have had an issue with in the past year and a half is recovering of disposed assets. You can recover them, but you have to know the asset tag number. There have been times I wish I was able to recover a massive (100's+) chunk of assets at once but I don't have the tags.

7 months ago

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with AssetCloud. We are happy to hear that you find it very easy to use. Do know that we are committed to making your experience even easier and valuable.