Filter by:

• Overall

About ActiveCampaign

130,000+ customers in 170 countries use ActiveCampaign to automate their marketing, from contact management to email personalization.

Learn more about ActiveCampaign

Showing 1,455 reviews

Amanda M.
Client Success Operations Analyst in US
Financial Services, 11-50 Employees

ActiveCampaign, 4 Months In

5 4 months ago

Comments: Although I'm fairly new to AC, I manage it for multiple others at my organization, so I've been deeply entrenched in it for the last 4 months. The learning curve wasn't too steep, the onboarding/training were all very good, and any time I've had an issue, the Customer Service has been top notch. There are some minor issues that are clunky (as described above) and I'd like an easier way to do reporting/analytics, but no software can do everything. All in all, their service and their respectable feature list make AC a very good value and a good choice for anyone who isn't total Type A :)

Pros:

The Customer Service is stellar, especially for being chat-based. As a previous HubSpot user (which is prohibitively expensive), AC comes pretty close to delivering all the essential features and the ease of use between the two platforms is night and day. AC is, for the most part, pretty intuitive. They also have better onboarding/training.

Cons:

There are some seemingly very basic features that are missing. That being said, I'm able to create 'workarounds' to get what I need, but the workarounds do cause unnecessary work. Specifically, I can't automate task assignment at the Contact or Account level so I have to create and organize wholly unnecessary Deals and Deal Pipelines to do what I need to do. The other (minor) frustration is not being able to customize/save multiple views. I can add columns to views and that will stay put, but the default ordering of pretty much every page is alphabetical. For instance, when I switch the Contact view to sort by Date Created, if I navigate into a contact record or another page, the list reverts to being sorted alphabetically. Same with the Automations page, etc. I want to set custom sorts that are my own defaults (preferably multiple custom sorts/views). And I want it to remember to show me records by the 100s, not 20 at a time. It's little stuff, I know, but the constant extra clicks does get tedious.

Sarah M.
Owner in Lithuania
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

Everything I wanted in marketing automation & more!

5 5 months ago

Comments: I'm blown away, to be honest. I never expected this much personal support from an ESP, and I keep winding up wonderfully surprised by just how much ActiveCampaign can do. I look forward to having this software grow with me and my business!

Pros:

I made the switch to ActiveCampaign after using Mailchimp for years because I wanted the ability to get to know my contacts more intimately and to better communicate with them in personalized, relevant ways. I needed an email service provider, and what I got with ActiveCampaign was more - it's customer experience automation. I love how easy it is to get started, and how in depth this software is. The long I use it, the more I learn and am able to do with it. Also - the support from ActiveCampaign is AMAZING. I got stuck at one point early on, they could see I wasn't using the software, and someone reached out to me to help me get going again!

Cons:

There is an intimidation factor, to be honest. ActiveCampaign can do SO MUCH, so when I was making the decision to switch, this caused me to pause. I was thinking - wow, it is going to take me a long time to learn this and it's frustrating to have to learn another software package. On advice from friends and colleagues in the entrepreneurial space, I decided it was worth the risk to try it out and see. And - it's true. There IS a lot. It DOES take time to learn and it is frustrating sometimes to learn how to do something that would have made things much easier if you knew it earlier.

Alternatives Considered: Kartra, Kajabi, MailerLite and GetResponse

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign: I started running into the limitations of the Mailchimp platform. I couldn't personalize emails in the way I wanted, and I wasn't able to build complex automations.

Switched From: Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign: ActiveCampaign is best in class for what it does, and I decided on a strategy of choosing the best tool for the job rather than going the all in one route. I heard the best reviews about ActiveCampaign from within my network - that's what sealed the deal when I was making my final decision.

Letha D.
Letha D.
Marketing Director in US
Events Services, 2-10 Employees

Best Value For Your Email Marketing Channel

5 6 months ago

Comments: In the 8 years that I've been setting clients up it's been worked great. The first client that I setup, still uses it! The features and options are what make AC our go to platform. Moving to AC often reduces our clients tech stack overhead.

Pros:

The combination of the UI and all the features makes this a no-brainer for us. We can easily manage email marketing or set our clients up to do it. In no instance has this been a bad choice. Typically, what makes the difference from the existing platform is the automation features. Our clients get to benefit from automated workflows gaining more engagement without additional costs.

Cons:

I only would like for the dashboard to be more customizable and lead data driven. I think the reporting can be presented better.

Alternatives Considered: Drip, Klaviyo and Keap

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign: Mailchimp - ease of use, Pardot - ease of use and costs.

Switched From: Pardot and Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign: Features and costs.

Luke J.
Founder in Germany
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

ActiveCampaign is great!

5 9 months ago

Comments: After nearly two years, I'm very pleased with ActiveCampaign. It's a well thought out feature rich platform. In my opinion there isn't another service on the market that can beat them for what they provide.

Pros:

1. The automations. It makes complex automations easy to understand and seemlessly blends the users interactions in my app with emails in their inbox. 2. The email designer Easy to use and great templates to get you started 3. Reliability & Peace of mind Once you set up your automations it's a great feeling to know that it will run like clockwork. 4. API I was quickly able to interact with ActiveCampaigns API and it runs so perfect! It gives me such power over how users interact with my application. Literally any interaction a user makes with my application, I can capture and add to their contact profile and send them through automations in regards to their actions / inactions. Super Powerful!

Cons:

1. No Sandbox mode There's only one mode to use the software and that's live. This means you have to be mindful when generating software tests as you can end up sending emails to dummy accounts as ActiveCampaign doesn't differentiate between a Live and Sandbox version. I would be super greatful if there was a sandbox mode that could be used for testing my applications and not worry about passing dummy contacts through automations etc. 2. Subscription model can be a little bit pricey if not utilized When I began using ActiveCampaign I was starting a fresh business, so my mail list was 0 at the time. It took me sometime to get accustomed to it & test integrations etc. This setup time and any other non-marketing time still costs money with the current subscription model. I would personally prefer a usage based fee based on features and emails sent. 3. No built-in suggestions to get more emails in the Primary folder. It may be wishful thinking as the goalposts are often moved by what is deemed as falling under "Promotions", nevertheless there could be more done to get emails in the Primary Inbox at the time of creating emails. I would really appreciate a "likelihood of reaching the primary inbox" meter before creating campaigns. This could be difficult to implement but I feel it would help alot of new users and people new to email marketing.

Alternatives Considered: Mailchimp

Mike C.
Mike C.
Founder in UK
E-Learning, Self Employed

Best of its kind but getting complacent on the basics

4 11 months ago

Comments: I was a huge advocate for AC early on. Now, I temper that because of my frustrations. If they listen to their users more and get down to fixing the basics that are way outdated, they can soon get back to a full 5* experience. But for now, I would say try it out carefully. If you don't need the capabilities that distinguish it from the likes of MailChimp, it probably is not worth the annoying hassles.

Pros:

This is high-end marketing automation at mid-market pricing. If you want to automate marketing to a high-degree and with great sophistication, AC allows you to do nearly anything - yet at a price point similar to email marketing tools with little or no automation. That's why I chose Active Campaign and why I stick with it.

Cons:

For all of its technical sophistication, there are a few weak points around basics. Its email creation interface feels dated and the handling of image assets is clunky and horrid. Creating restore points and undo is flaky and unreliable. And what makes all this so bad is that users have logged these points for several years as top requests and AC has not addressed them. Instead they add fancy functionality. The basics of everyday use matter and the experience spoils the software for me.

Alternatives Considered: Keap and ConvertKit

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign: I switched from MailChimp because I needed the automation functionality. Now, MailChimp are building that capability. I hope AC can continue to stay ahead on that and catch up with MC's usability and UX.

Switched From: Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign: I chose AC over ConvertKit for better functionality and marginally better price (2017) and over InfusuionSoft (now Keap) because that was WAY too expensive for my business.

Deanna F.
Speaker, Coach, Trainer in Canada
Professional Training & Coaching, Self Employed

Very happy with ActiveCampaign!

4 last year

Comments: My business is still small but growing and I know that there is a lot more to tap into for what ActiveCampaign can do but I have been very happy with it so far. When I was deciding who to go with, I researched many of the options that were popular and this one just seemed like the best one. Now a couple years later, I'm seeing more and more people praising it and what it can do. That's got me thinking I made the right choice. I mean, I figured at the time that it was the right choice but I'm seeing that validated by other's comments, too.

Pros:

I like how powerful this software is and for a great price! When I started with it, I had quite a bit of a learning curve to learn it but had excellent help from support staff. It integrated well with my other online sites. Now I'm all set up and it runs like a charm. I look forward to using more of its capability as my business grows.

Cons:

I have found it a little complicated for setting up with new lead magnets but I have attributed that to its ability to do so much so that you have to navigate around to set up what you need. And, I am still learning it. But what's great is that you can duplicate an automation. So once you have created what you want, you don't have to necessarily go back to square one. That I like very much!

Alternatives Considered: ClickFunnels, AWeber, Leadpages, ConvertKit, Mailchimp, GetResponse and Constant Contact

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign: Price was a big factor and this one seemed perfect for where I was at which was at the beginning of starting to grow a list. But it also just seemed more robust for what you paid for it compared to the others. It was going to let me start off not paying a lot but have so many awesome features. And, I considered that as my business would grow, the increased price still seemed reasonable. So, I went with it.

Brian S.
Brian S.
President in US

The right combination of power, flexibility, and price

5 last year

Comments: I migrated to Active Campaign after being certified on a top-rated automation platform, and from a direct competitor that did not have an easy-to-use and elegant email editor.

Pros:

The two features that make ActiveCampaign powerful for me are the ease and elegance of creating email templates and campaigns, and the robust automation features. I've been able to accomplish everything I need. The email build is superb. I've been able to integrate Active Campaign via Zapier to every other platform we use.

Cons:

The recent activity panel could be more compact and robust. The overall dashboard could be more informative for at-a-glance assessment of activity. I do wish it included landing page features. I do wish the saved elements could be edited in the email builder and that there was more of a true "style" system with reusable and editable master elements.

Alternatives Considered: BenchmarkONE

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign: Needed better email builder and easier to manage automation builder

Switched From: BenchmarkONE

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign: Price, email builder, automation builder

Kevin J.
Kevin J.
Digital Marketing Strateeg in Netherlands

The automations work like a charm

4 last year

Comments: We are using Mailblue, which is a certified partner of ActiveCampaign and makes their software available in my native language and with Dutch support. This makes it quite easy to get support when you need it. We were looking for a tool with e-mail, automation and lead scoring features. As we didn't have any in-house knowledge about these (especially the tools), I've done some research. ActiveCampaign came out as the tool with the best functionalities for the best price (through Mailblue). This made me decide to start a demo, and eventually get the software. So far, it does exactly what I need and at this time it doesn't cost me a lot of time to figure out how to use it. The only thing is we currently don't really use the lead scoring mechanism as it needs a lot of tweaking (on our side). But as all other features are working really well for me, we're still happy users of the software.

Pros:

The flexibility of the tool is something I really like. It's quite easy to use your own email templates, which are (as long as you keep it simple) completely adjustable as well as responsive. Besides that, the automation part is working like a charm. By using your own tags and fields you can practically do anything you want.

Cons:

I am still trying to figure out how to set up a link with our current CRM. As ActiveCampaign has their own CRM built in, this is not one of the key futures. For our business however, we only use ActiveCampaign for the e-mail marketing and automations (so only the marketing department is using this tool). The entire company is built on the use of our CRM, so we'd like to see all of the ActiveCampaign data on there for a complete report.

Alternatives Considered: Pardot, Mailchimp and HubSpot Marketing Hub

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign: The previous software has been stopped before I was working in this department, but as far as I know the main reasons were pricing and complexity/features.

Switched From: Marketo Engage

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign: The main reason was pricing, but I've also had some good referrals of other users. In the end the Dutch support (through Mailblue) made me decide to go for ActiveCampaign.

Geir G.
Growth Expert in Norway

This blew my mind

5 2 years ago

Comments: Fantastic!! And extraordinary follow up by their team! Tons of free personal 1:1 help, which I never expected.

Pros:

Switched to ActiveCampaign from Pipedrive via ConvertKit and Keap - this is something else. I am so impressed. Very easy to use and well laid out, it is easy to create some of the most robust automated customer follow ups I have seen. AC blows the other softwares out of the water. It works, it is easy to understand and it is the most powerful peace of software I have seen in years. I am so pleased my grin goes all the way around my head.

Cons:

Customer service gave 8-10 min waiting time on their chat support these days, and that is just not good enough.

Alternatives Considered: Keap

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign: Pipedrive is a very good service, but they change things all the time and breaks our aotomations. This created a ton of trouble for us, and when addressing the issue with them, they did not care. So after three years with this we left.

Switched From: Pipedrive

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign: Tried Keap, but their software are very cumbersome to use compared with ActiveCampaign. Used two weeks with help from a keap consultant and was still not near to be up and running. Used two days in AC on my own, as comparison. Further on Keap does not support country soesific characters in customers names, so I could not import my list, a ton of stuff does not work outside US, so it turned out there was not much left we could actually use. The rock at marketing, but the software - not for us!!

David j. B.
David j. B.
Managing Director in US

If you had to recommend one marketing automation tool for small business, here it is

5 2 years ago

Comments: I refuse to ever tell a client there's a single software in any category that they should use without proper investigation further, but I have yet to run into a time where ActiveCampaign wasn't a massive improvement to upgrade to from other tools of similar price but lesser capabilities, like MailChimp and ConstantContact. AC has been my own email marketing and marketing automation system for approximately five years now and I don't see myself moving away from it at any point. It's important for me to be aware of the tools on the market, and there are other great ones, but none that have been a worthwhile transition off AC for.

Pros:

You have a massive amount of features available to you to handle basic email marketing, advanced marketing automation, behavioral automations, tagging and audience segmentation, and so on. That's just the basic package, too. More advanced packages introduce a CRM (Customer Relationship Management) aspect that is particularly helpful for sales teams, Lead scoring to help prioritize accounts for your sales teams to be more efficient, and dynamic content (among many other features).

Cons:

There is little to see on the Cons. If I had to select something, I suppose the limit of three users on the Lite plan can be frustrating. However, it's typically safe enough for a small business, easy to share logins if needed, and the price and added features of upgrading to the Plus plan is quite affordable as well.

Alternatives Considered: Drip and Keap

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign: MailChimp did not provide adequate automations and was very limited in segmentation.

Switched From: Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign: Best pricing for the features provided. It also integrates with everything I needed it to and they clearly are moving in a positive direction, always improving the product and introducing new and upgraded features.

CEO, Founder in US
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees

Active Campaign has been a Game Changer for Our Business

5 last year

Comments: It's been a wonderful experience all in all using AC for our businesses

Pros:

Incredibly powerful marketing automation. We've been able to set and forget so much in terms of marketing emails thanks to this powerful system so we can focus more on our customers.

Cons:

Lacks a useful mobile app for Android. The email editor is rather clunky and can be frustrating at times, especially with regard to the "undo" function. The image selector/inserter is also terrible.

Alternatives Considered: Ontraport

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign: We needed more powerful features.

Switched From: Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign: The features for the price was a wonderful combination for us.

B.a. I.
President in US
Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 Employees

Best tool I have purchased to manage my customer/client relations and workflow

5 11 months ago

Comments: All I can say is I wish I had known about ActiveCampaign at the beginning of the year because I could have saved a lot of money experimenting with other products that had less capability and functionality than ActiveCampaign.

Pros:

ActiveCampaign ease if use is one of the best and the customer service is awesome. I have gotten nothing but great support and assistance in creating automatons that have help me immensely in setting up my new workflows. There is not a day that goes by that I a am not using ActiveCampaign to create more effective and efficient ways to communicate with my customers.

Cons:

Although the software in a bit expensive, compared to some others the features outweigh the cost it would require to have several tools do the tasks of ActiveCampaign.

Alternatives Considered: ClickFunnels, AWeber and Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign: Did not have the functionality I needed to manage my customer relations and integrations were also lacking.

Switched From: AWeber

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign: After installing the trial and using it for a few weeks I begin to see the power of the software and what it could do for my business. Then during several training calls, one-on-one help sessions and friendly emails the customer service made my decision to upgrade and use the product easy. I am so glad I did.

Dianne K.
Director in US
Education Management, Self Employed

ActiveCampaign review

4 3 weeks ago New

Comments: I needed an autoresponder and since AC was the last one I used in my previous company, I went with it. But overall, I feel like I've wasted time and money on a startup. Within a couple of weeks of signing up, I started getting ads to get 90 days at half price. For an autoresponder product with the capability to filter out these kinds of ads to people who can't get the deal, it felt grimy. I contacted support and they gave me one month half credit, but I did not get the 90 day deal. The worst part was that no one informed me that if I uploaded my list of 10,000 people who have opted in, that my emails would not get delivered because I am a new account. So I paid for 10,000 contacts for 3 months who were not even getting my emails, another grimy move. There should be a caution when you upload explaining this. I didn't discover it until I messaged support to ask why I'm getting such low response. Had I not asked, my emails would have continued to be blocked. No reason for it, other than I'm a new account. Further, when I move people from one list to another, it shows as an unsubscribe, and that is confusing.

Pros:

I have used it in the past with another company that I owned, and found tagging to be helpful in automations.

Cons:

For the price, I don't think I'm getting anything more than another autoresponder company that also offers tagging at half the cost. The spam rules for new accounts is overzealous and unexplained.

Alternatives Considered: AWeber

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign: Because it was the product I used in my last company. However, my reasons for choosing AC over Aweber in my last company had to do with tagging, and being charged multiple times in Aweber for one subscriber who happens to be on multiple lists. Aweber doesn't do that anymore and their tagging is just as sophisticated as AC, so I'm contemplating uploading my list to Aweber to see if I get different results.

Rebecca C.
Owner in US
Alternative Medicine, Self Employed

Way better than InfusionSoft

4 last year

Comments: As the sole owner of a growing small business, I finally decided I needed "help" in the way of marketing automation. So that is why I turned to ActiveCampaign. It has been less than 6 months since I have signed up and so far it is going good and is helpful. The transition over from Constant Contact was a struggle for me since I don't like change. However I knew this change was a good one.

Pros:

It is easy to maneuver through the dashboard and create campaigns. It is affordable and for a small business (only me) with over 6,000 customers the price point is WAY better than InfusionSoft.

Cons:

It took a long time for onboarding. I wish they were able to complete it within one single week vs over the span of a month.

Alternatives Considered: Keap

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign: I made the switch because Constant Contact was getting to be extremely expensive (basically when my database went from 4998 to 5001 contacts, just 3 contacts increase, my monthly fee doubled!

Switched From: Constant Contact

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign: InfusionSoft does not have a price point that is reasonable for the small business with lots of customers. It seems like they would prefer to have you keep your contacts in the hundreds vs growing to the thousands. Their pricing structure shows that.

Carlos C.
Owner in Spain

The best CRM I have worked with

5 last year

Comments: Very smooth. It is all very logical, and I had no problem implementing everything I needed.

Pros:

The delivery rate is impressive. I always had problem with another providers, but with ActiveCampaign none of my subscribers complain about not receiving emails. The other thing that I LOVE is the power of the automation system. With this CRM I have finally do what I needed to do.

Cons:

The price. It is a VERY good CRM in my opinion, but it is expensive. I feel that I don't need every feature, but I'm still paying for them (I'm a very small business). I pay it happily, but it still hurts :)

Alternatives Considered: Mailrelay and Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign: Their delivery rate were very bad (I received a lot of complains from my subscribers). That was the main thing. Besides that, I don't know if they improved their automation system, but it lacked some things that I really needed.

Switched From: MailerLite

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign: They were far inferior, in my opinion. Not the same features, and very hard to use (specially MailChimp automations).

Allen E.
President in Canada
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees

Great value for money and excellent customer service

5 3 months ago

Comments: its easy to find ppl to help you setup campaigns, but now I can set one up myself very quickly and easily.

Pros:

its easy to start, quick learning curve, lots of educational resources and excellent customer service

Cons:

it's clunky. Click a button and it takes a while for something to happen, or the page shifts at last minute and what you clicked is something else.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign: needed a more robust platform

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign: cost and value

Jorge L.
Marketing Manager in Chile
Professional Training & Coaching, 11-50 Employees

Powerful and friendly at the same time

4 10 months ago

Comments: Other than the above mentioned problem, all i have to tell are good experiences using ActiveCampaign. It's a powerful suite of email marketing tools and automations, worth the money.

Pros:

The interface is really friendly while it offers a lot of advanced features. You have to learn the platform's language and logic, but once you do that, you realize there's so much you can do. You can automate everything you need, and that's huge.

Cons:

When using conditional blocks, there are some conditions that are not to be trusted. This isn't my opinion, it's what they told me when they answered me a support ticket suggesting me to use another filtering method because the one i chose "was not reliable". I asked them why they allow people to use it if it's not reliable... They didn't get back to me.

Elisabeth W.
Elisabeth W.
Wellness Coach/Mentor in Australia
Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 Employees

Continual support each step forward

5 last year

Comments: Even the times of technical challenges I have had were supported from the onboarding specialist and I have maintained what has been taught in each catch up. The technical complications are broken down and made simpler through amazing support. This has included a variety of either in person online, video training, correspondence through email and Q & A pages. I am so happy with what I have set up, it is much more than is needed for where my business is at, however many foundations are created to support my business growth.

Pros:

The support is awesome and unbelievable. I save about 10 hours a week with everything set up as what is needed to be done once set up continues to meet the outcomes I created. There are so many options and ways to use active campaign. I use campaigns, automations, contact lists, email sign ups and as my business expands active campaign has so much support which I will continue to use. I am now free myself to do so much more than I could of imagined 6 months ago.

Cons:

It is complicated for a non technical minded person.

Alternatives Considered: ClickFunnels

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign: I had immediate support from an on boarder who met all my questions and feelings of overwhelm by taking myself and another team member through what best met our needs.

Alison B.
Small Business Owner in UK
Sports, 2-10 Employees

Fabulous

5 last year

Comments: Fabulous

Pros:

I’ve used the free version of Mailchimp, and as my email list grew to a point where I would have to start paying for an account, I started looking around. After doing lots of research settled on ActiveCampaign, and while I’m only just learning how to use all the features available, I’m so pleased with it! I’m no technical wizard, but it’s clear how much more usable the platform is - I’ve got lots more to learn but for a relatively small monthly payment, I can now start creating way more targeted campaigns and building better relationships with the people on my list. Highly recommended!!

Cons:

Nothing yet! I need to learn how to use the more advanced functions, but I’m more than happy right now!!

Alternatives Considered: ConvertKit and Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign: I had to start paying MailChimp and it’s was clunky and lacked functionality when compared with ActiveCampaign

Switched From: Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign: Recommendations, user friendly, the level of functionality at a price I can afford, potential to help me segment and send targeted campaigns

Owner in US
Photography, 2-10 Employees

My favorite email marketing automation I have ever used

5 7 months ago

Comments: The are not "monkeying" around and have created a product I look forward to using. Some email systems chimp on features but they have included things like text messaging into the system for a long time. While the paid tier is smaller it is easy to make money with ActiveCampaign.

Pros:

My favorite thing is the ability to set up automation and start creating it, but not finish it. As users progress through, you can add steps to the end and keep it going. This is critical for marketing that needs to be flexible and is still in the testing phase.

Cons:

While it is very minor, sometimes contact changes that you make manually require a few more clicks than needed but overall the process is clear.

Alternatives Considered: ConvertKit and Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign: Integrations. There are so many more integrations with the other products I use. ActiveCampaign is so popular the other software companies make sure to integrate directly with them.

Switched From: Drip

Ronaldo T.
CEO in Canada
Education Management, 2-10 Employees

Great for automations

5 last year

Comments: Great cusomer service. Great for automations.

Pros:

This a tool to help you convert more leads. The flexibility and power of automations is worth the money.

Cons:

I just wish the forms were more up to date. Thinhs like a popup, floating bar lacks some behaviour control. But it allows you to customize it all with CSS.

Alternatives Considered: CRM Sales Force Automation

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign: Automation and lead scoring flexibility and power.

Switched From: Zoho CRM

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign: Sales force is great name but not on the market for small business. Too much configuration and complexity.

Jorge A.
Jorge A.
CEO in US
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees

A Must Have in Sales and Marketing

5 11 months ago

Comments: Keeping our team all on the same page. Being able to automate several tasks and be more efficient.

Pros:

Ease to use and automations. How you can keep track of all the touches you've had with your contact all in one place. And the fact that I can send all my contacts a bulk or text without having to use another software.

Cons:

More straight integrations with other software's instead of having to use Zapier

Alternatives Considered: Salesforce Analytics Cloud

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign: CRM function is much better with Active Campaign

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign: Because it seemed more user friendly

Nick J.
Nick J.
CEO in US

Get Great Bang For Your Buck

5 last year

Pros:

1. Integrates with almost every major platform on the planet either directly or through Zapier. 2. Set up is pretty straightforward. 3. Great product if you are looking for a central automation hub with email marketing 4. Customer Support is pretty good. 5. Pricing is very reasonable for what you get. 6. Less challenging to learn that many competitors 7. Great online learning resources

Cons:

--Text Messaging Setup isn't exactly easy to figure out if you are new. --Learning automation with AC as a whole isn't for the faint of heart for newbies --Sometimes support can be a bit slow to respond and it depends on who you get. Some of the support team aren't well trained --Paying a pro to help you can be expensive.

Alternatives Considered: Keap

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign: Ease of use, price and simplicity to learn.

Head of Digital Marketing in US
Political Organisation, 11-50 Employees

Great ESP for Mid-Large Size Organizations

5 2 years ago

Pros:

My favorite part about ActiveCampaign is the automation features. Using this Automations, you can set up complex marketing email campaigns. I use this to develop a welcome series and a reactivation series for people on our list who stop engaging.

Cons:

The part that I did not like is very simple. There is no "Undo" button in the email editor interface. Control + Z doesn't work either. You would think for a basic email design interface an undo option would be standard.

Alternatives Considered: Iterable and Mailchimp

Switched From: Campaigner

Saima R.
Marketing Manager in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees

Good tool to have

5 last year

Comments: Even though I signed up in June/July, I've only just started collecting contacts from my landing page. I have not taken any training videos due to lack of time but as I learn how to manipulate AC more I may find more things I can do. I still have to fully explore it.

Pros:

I can create different buckets for various campaigns.

Cons:

I have to choose the entire audience list in a bucket for a particular retargeting campaign instead of selecting only the ones that I want to target from the given list.

Alternatives Considered: Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign: AC was recommended by an online YouTube marketing training I was doing.

Switched From: Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign: AC was recommended by an online YouTube marketing training I was doing.