ProWorkflow Reviews

by ProActive Software

• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.3 /5
    4.6 /5

About ProWorkflow

ProWorkflow is an industry leading and much loved project, task and workflow management software.

Learn more about ProWorkflow

Jessica rose M.
Managing Director
  • Reviewed on 25/7/2018

"Bring on tick Friday - Love ProWorkFlow"

Comments: Our team are able to collaborate more. We have a greater transparency with clients & are overall much productive.

Pros: Our team are able to collaborate & we are able to manage both projects (development/design) as well as monthly recurring tasks (agency social media posting/community management). ProWorkflow weekly workload app is a life saver & the team proactively have a "tick Friday" were we go home early if all boards are cleared and completed. Our business is able to see where the profitability lies within our services & where we can make improvements. Highly recommend this tool due to its ease of use & flexibility.

Cons: For recurring tasks / monthly repetitive services of an agency you cannot just duplicate a current "project" and rename it. This would be an awesome time saving feature to have.

Leah D.
Art Director, Designer
Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 9/2/2021

"Out of the Box Solution for Creatives"

Comments: Favorite things: Job numbers, Messaging, Custom task templates, expense and notes feature. Private notes feature.

Pros: I've been using ProWorkflow for over a decade. The time tracking, custom task templates, messaging and client interface make it a critical part of my business. The few times I have had to contact customer service they have been responsive and exceptionally helpful. ProWorkflow is the administrative backbone of my business. At a glance I can see where a project is, how much time has been spent on it, what tasks have been completed and which ones are outstanding. I can add documents, notes and information specific to each project. When a project completes, it is archived and very easy to pull up should I ever need to reference it again. If you are looking to for a way to EASILY manage your projects and workflow - this is the software for you.

Cons: I dislike the fact that contractors cannot track time in the software. So if I have 10 contractors I use, I have to buy full account access for each of them, even though they may only use the software 2-6 times a year. This has always been my biggest complaint.
Add time tracking to the contractor designation and charge 1/2 of the employee rate.

Digital Marketing Executive
  • Reviewed on 25/7/2019

"Straight to the point solution"

Comments: Overall, a great solution that cuts through the noise for you in the already-crazy world of project management with great value for money as well.

Pros: - Great support for Agile sprints, you can tell that the Agile methodology was thought of in the product's design, offering so many tools and features that enable working on sprints and other fast-paced projects. - Nice Milestone and Kanban visualisation as well. As I said earlier, points your attention to the most important thing to note; straight to the point. - Great value for money too.

Cons: - Not great support for all invoicing scenarios; that would be useful to integrate into some projects that perhaps require follow-on funding or fractional and/or incremental payments. - It doesn't have great support for extra-platform communication with colleagues and third parties that are outside the platform, this could be useful when interfacing with clients who may not be registered users

• Reviewed on 25/7/2019
Justin P.
Division Manager
Market Research, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/9/2017

"ProWorkflow has powerful features yet is still very intuitive for Project Managers and Team Members."

Comments: Introducing Project Management in a Marketing environment is very difficult. This is a group of people that don't typically like to be dictated timelines and held accountable for documenting their hours and progress on projects. ProWorkflow was the only Project Management software I found that had the robust features I needed to effectively document projects and manage resources, while providing an intuitive interface that creative team members would embrace.

Pros: I started using ProWorkflow as a project management tool for marketing teams. They liked that it was well designed and extremely easy to use. There is so much flexibility -- such as entering Time Spent -- that users have options in finding what workflow suits them best. What I personally like most is how quick and easy it is to navigate between the different screens. Practically everything is a link, so it's very efficient moving around within, and between, projects.

Cons: If I HAVE to identify a shortcoming with ProWorkflow, based solely on my own preferences, it would be the reporting tools. They are very robust, even including a custom report builder, but it's never been as intuitive as the rest of the software.

by ProActive Software on 26/10/2017

It's great to hear that you're loving ProWorkflow Justin! Thank you for the brilliant review.

• Reviewed on 15/9/2017
Gina G.
Practice manager
Medical Practice, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/7/2018

"Organising our projects in PWF"

Comments: We are not using all of he features of PWF - only really using it to time-track some monthly projects and track certain types of billing. The projects help us track our work on projects and also accurately invoice our clients. I know PWF is capable of doing more, but haven't had the need to use the other features.

Pros: We enjoy being able to load a task template each month for repeating projects.
Also having multiple people able to track their time in the projects from various locations.
Being able to print reports of tasks and times inside of the projects.

Cons: It is a bit "buggy" in certain browsers - ie Can't seem to be able to create a pdf (in chrome) when wanting to print a "tasks and time" report so I just "print" it and then save as pdf that way....also, unable to open new project and use template in one of the browsers (Safari I think). There is usually a workaround though. I find the archive section a little difficult to navigate when I need to search for quite a few archived projects ie when you hit the back button it takes you out of the archive page, but perhaps I've overlooked something.

Dustin B.
President/Creative Director
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2/3/2021

"Choosing To Use ProWorkFlow Was A No-Brainer!"

Comments: I chose ProWorkFlow when I was with a previous company. I knew when I started my own company that THIS was going to be the software I was going to use. No doubt in my mind.

Pros: ProWorkFlow keeps me organized. It helps me to track the progress of a project and the time spent on that project.

Cons: I don't really have anything that I don't like. I feel like there is so much functionality that it can do that I don't utilize. I wish I knew more about how the product works. Maybe offer some more tutorials?

Georgina P.
Graphic Designer & Illustrator
Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2/3/2021

"Great option for sole traders with diverse businesses"

Comments: Great company, great product and really nice support staff.

Pros: It's quick and efficient to track time (can even do it from the app on my phone) and create invoices, even for low-value projects.

Cons: Because it's so powerful and has so many features, it can be a bit overwhelming working through the parts and learning how to use it for your own needs. But customer service is second-to-none and they're always available to assist.

Steve L.
  • Reviewed on 10/2/2021

"Best PM Software Hands-Down"

Comments: I've used PWF for nearly 10 years. Along the way I've entertained others here and there, and PWF has consistently been the best value and features.

Pros: Super easy to use; great customer support; great training videos and on-boarding; robust features at a reasonable price

Cons: Specifically for marketing/advertising agency...a client proofing/review feature would be great, along with better asset management specific to a project/client. A more robust client portal would be great, too.

Lead Planner
  • Reviewed on 15/2/2018

"One of my Favorite Project Management Software"

Comments: Once I decide to purchase this software, my business would improve efficiency for scale.

Pros: I was excited to try Proworkflow's free trial. After trying so many different products, proworkflow suits most of my business needs. I like the features such as a user friendly dashboard *a must* (plus it feels & looks professional and can be brand personalized). Next in line is the actual functionality - Project Management includes agility timelines, timesheets, budget tracking & tasks. Has a ton of tools which are easily accessible, projects have a great layout with customizable templates for seamless workflows. I especially like the Client/Vendor Collaboration portal. I can upload files, organize and set privacy. Reports have a clean and easy to read layout and are pretty much a one click to print. Lastly, the integrations are useful - google docs, drive and quickbooks are my favorites. Overall, ProWorkFlow could be a great investment, The Solo price is $10/m w/out plugins such as Quotes Manager and Invoices Manager. The Advanced price is $30/m includes plugins such as Quotes Manager and Invoices Manager (which is reasonable).

Cons: What makes me sad is the time it has taken me to finally discover this software. During my trial, I was not able to test drive the Quotes Manager or Invoice Manager. Otherwise, not sure exactly what the Advanced level offers that Solo doesn't. To completely setup the software without help would probably add an extra 20+ hours to my workload. I am definitely considering to make the switch to Proworkflow. A major bonus would be added features such as the ability to send project contracts and project questionnaires.

by ProActive Software on 13/5/2018

Thank you for the review!

• Reviewed on 15/2/2018
Todd W.
Graphic Design, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/2/2021

"Does what it says on the packet - and does it well."

Comments: We compare PWF with other solutions on the market on an annual basis (every year for 10 years!) and still continue to find ways that OPWF comes out on top.

Pros: We have used Proworkflow for around 10 years and heavily use it for time tracking, resource scheduling, budget management and cost tracking. We run a marketing agency with a team of 13 people and all users rely on PWF for daily management of their billable. The reporting features are strong and customisable. The interface continues to improve and periodic upgrades that always seem o add another level of improvement and usability.

Cons: We have seen other more feature rich software options on the market that would improve our client collaboration.

Vice President of Operations
  • Reviewed on 19/7/2018

"ProWorkflo is a good value"

Comments: Early on, PWF was ideal for our production system and really advanced our internal efficiency. But as we grew and our projects became more complex and diverse, PWF had a hard time keeping up. The templates - for what we are doing - became very unwieldy, and the dashboard feature really did not have the capacity to give us the snapshots of our many projects that we needed. I truly like PWF, but it may be that we simply outgrew it. New features to answer our concerns - storage, dashboard, snapshots especially, along with the ability to streamline templates, could easily bring us back to the fold.

Pros: Flexibility of template creation, internal team communication.

Cons: Will not connect with our NAS. Connection through Dropbox is awkward. Does not have nearly enough storage on its own servers for our purposes.

Mark J.
General Manager

"Production Life Saver"

Comments: I have been using Pro Work Flow for the last 4 years and couldn't survive without it. Easy to use, easy to teach other staff how to use, and customer service is available as needed. I'd recommend it to any company or business that needs to keep tasks and projects organized.

Pros: I have been using Pro Work Flow for the last 4 years and couldn't survive without it. Easy to use, easy to teach other staff how to use, and customer service is available as needed. I'd recommend it to any company or business that needs to keep tasks and projects organized.

Cons: I don't really have anything that I'm not happy with. If I had to pick something...I wish there were more seasonal and/or holiday backgrounds to choose from.

Wendi S.
President | Creative Director
  • Reviewed on 27/7/2018

"ProWorkflow Rocks"

Comments: I have been extremely happy with ProWorkflow. Our project management had gotten out of hand with the company growing so quickly. This software allows us to keep a handle on all projects and each task within those projects. The support I've received from the ProWorkflow staff has been amazing!

Pros: This software helped us streamline our work process. We have several people working on dozens of projects all the time. ProWorkflow helps us meet deadlines, look ahead for planning, and keep everyone on task so all deadlines are meet despite heavy workloads.

Cons: I would like to be able to add a status column to the main project page. Many of our projects get put on hold, or we are waiting for the client. It would be nice to be able to quickly change the status of a project so my employees know what's happening with one glance.

• Reviewed on 27/7/2018
Leora V.
Accounting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 9/2/2021

"ProWorkflow allows me to track our time and status"

Comments: I like working with the support staff as they usually answer within hours even though we are on opposite sides of the earth. I like having the information all in one place and that all my staff can have access to all of it or just their part. Very flexible that way. And I really like the time tracking ability within each project.

Pros: I really like the option to track time for each task and I like that we can communicate with our clients and keep the emails all together.

Cons: The only issue we sometimes have is with the limitation to the file size when we upload or download. Sometimes 1GB just doesn't do it.

Sally-anne P.
Managing Director
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2/3/2021

"Excellent timke tracking software with Great Customer Service"

Comments: Excellent. It has been a game changer for us in terms of managing staff time.

Pros: Proworkflow is simple to use and the customer service is excellent. It enables us to readily manage client engagements and individual tasks and is a great tool for recording and billing time.

Cons: I think the only way of recording expected hours worked for part time and casual staff is to set any days they don't work as "out of office" or "vacation". This makes it challenging for forward managing projects against available staff time.

Angela R.
Promotions Specialist
Higher Education
  • Reviewed on 30/4/2018

"Awesome project management software!"

Comments: Helps me plan my work and make sure all of my projects' tasks are kept in track.

Pros: Like the versatile options - you can use it the way you want to. Customizable templates. Easy to track the work on all projects. Easy to prepare a project report for my internal customers.

Cons: Would like to be able to have the option to have just due dates appear in the dashboard/activity list. Right now it shows both start dates and due dates and is bit cluttered. There may be a setting that I could use, not sure.

by ProActive Software on 16/5/2018

Thank you for feedback Angela! We appreciate it.

• Reviewed on 30/4/2018
Joshua L.
Senior Production Artist
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2/3/2021

"Excellent tool for keeping track of jobs I am working on and time used."

Pros: This is a simple way to keep track of multiple jobs I am working on simultaneously and track my hours in those jobs. It is also a helpful central resource when needing to dig up information from jobs that I worked on years ago.

Cons: Sometimes it feels like there are connectivity issues, where I have to switch over to VPN to re-establish a connection with the software, but I'm not sure if that's on your end or mine.

Justine P.
  • Reviewed on 7/9/2017

"Brilliant Customer Support and Proactive!"

Pros: ProWorkflow ticks all the boxes and we have had a look at a few different Project Management systems and ProWorkflow met all our requirement; it was able to put everything we need in one place and in detail and without being overwhelming but very compressive at the same time.

Cons: Pricing because I have such a big team using ProWorkflow! Would also love it if you had a CRM module with it.

by ProActive Software on 26/10/2017

Thank you for the brilliant review Justine!

• Reviewed on 7/9/2017
Kelsey S.
Director of Operations
Media Production, 11-50 Employees

"Kelsey's Review"

Comments: ProWorkflow has been useful in tracking timeline/due dates for all of our projects, notifying all necessary team members at the start of a project, and helping us keep track of when it's time to invoice.

Pros: The ability to divide projects into categories and the activity timeline on the home page.

Cons: When you make a change to a project, I wish it did a better job of identifying the change in the update that's sent out to the team assigned to the project.

Philip M.
Business Owner
Logistics & Supply Chain, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/7/2018

"Good for SME"

Comments: Very very good. For simple work flows as in my business it has proven to be an excellent tool

Pros: Very easy to use
API with call
Intuitive
Flexible

Cons: The ability to copy jobs
Certain issues around invoicing e.g.from a quote the invoice sometimes doesn't appear in the job
Lack of customised reports (even if a higher monthly cost)
Lack of centralized "storage" e.g. For documents that need to be emailed out with every job

• Reviewed on 18/7/2018
Sheila K.
  • Reviewed on 27/10/2017

"PWF has made scheduling many products very easy. It is easy to use and the calendar view is great."

Pros: It is very understandable & logical to use. The information can be archived. The calendar view is a plus.

Cons: This is a small thing - when I create a template and copy it to a new project, I still have to plug in the dates. They don't automatically populate, but that's probably ok.

by ProActive Software on 31/10/2017

Hi Sheila! Thanks for the review, Tim will be in touch shortly to discuss template dates to show you how you can achieve this.

• Reviewed on 27/10/2017
Sean H.
Business Supplies & Equipment, 2-10 Employees

"My Experience"

Comments: In a small business with 2 sales staff and often over 50 jobs to manage at a time, plus incoming enquiries and quotes, it's often easy to forget or miss a lead or part of a job that needs to be done. Workflow has helped me to keep a track of what is complete and what is yet to be done. As long as I make myself input my tasks, I don't forget anything anymore.

Pros: The task management system.
Being able to create my own groups to separate all of my general tasks into the area's of the business they are part of and then to set them a priority within that group. Also then being able to sort ALL tasks by priority to see if there is anything i have missed when grouped.
This has helped me to improve my business process's and stop forgetting some of the smaller jobs I have to do if I get interrupted before completing them. When sometimes i have 70 or more tasks, this is a great help.

Cons: I have had issues using thew web interface on android, this is not something I have brought up with the Workflow team yet, as such I'm not sure if it is my issue, phone issue or a workflow GUI issue.

Jeremy G.
Chief Technology Officer
  • Reviewed on 24/7/2018

"Great project tracking software, albeit a bit pricey"

Comments: Proworkflow was a great solution when we found it and started using 5 years ago. We've been a loyal customer and have varied from 4-7 users. It's great that you can add and remove people easily but it can be a costly investment. Although if it catches at least 1 hour of billable time a month, that would've been missed otherwise, it pays for itself.

Pros: Ease of tracking time, creating projects and tasks.

Cons: Cost seems high per person for a small agency really adds up.

Mike K.
Human Resources, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 1/8/2017

"Easy To Use & Excellent Integrations"

Comments: Being able to integrate my financials and the tool was excellent and easy to use.

Pros: The application is a terrific and excellent tool for my time management and also integrates with my financial packaging which makes it so easy for me!

Cons: Not really, the only thing is sometimes when I adjust invoice have to scrap everything can't reproduce it.

by ProActive Software on 2/8/2017

Thanks Mike, much appreciated. Will show the team...

• Reviewed on 1/8/2017
Alexa R.
Digital Designer
Design, 10,000+ Employees

"Ideal Team Collaboration"

Comments: Our creative team needed a place to keep track of all the jobs we are working on, scoping, and pending approval. ProWorkflow allows us to do all of these things and more. We also integrated OneDrive into PWF, and it is a dream! The system gets better as we dive into more of the features. I'd be interested in some more customizations, but our team is very happy.

Pros: Simply being able to keep track of jobs, what their status is, and our team having access to check into it at any time.

Cons: The client companies cannot overlap, or you can't assign two client companies to the same project.