15 years helping Irish businesses

About Keap

The smarter way for small businesses to do great work Keap organizes your client information & daily work in one place, freeing you up

Learn more about Keap

Pros:

The customer service was easy to access and willing to go the extra mile to help out.

Cons:

It essentially has no (easy) pipeline management. Cancellation and rude customer service experience.

Keap ratings

3.5
4.0
4.1
3.8

7.4/10

Keap has an overall rating of 4.1 out 5 stars based on 1,266 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Keap before?

Filter reviews (1,266)

Mohan Lal
Mohan Lal
Freelancer Marketing Consultant in India
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Best marketing automation software for small businesses

Comments: Keap is a beast in itself in which you can do things effectively provided that you use it effectively, and know your way around it. We used Keap for managing our Contacts, sending promotional emails, marketing automation, and e-comm. Keap became much easier to use as we got to know the right ways of doing things starting from tag naming conventions, right ways of using Goals, Campaign links etc. And, now it is one of my favorite software when it comes to Marketing Automation.

Pros:

I like various things about Keap including: 1. Being able to use tags. This helps in organizing contacts in the proper way (when used effectively, you can easily see things from Macro to Micro levels in your list) 2. Marketing automation capabilities of Keap are best. This includes things like billing automation for e-commerce as well. 3. Being able to use third-party tools like Deadline Funnel, PlusThis helps in making things more personalized and improving conversions for promotional campaigns. 4. Dynamic Content, this helps in making automation campaigns better & simpler

Cons:

Nothing apart from, it is a bit on the expensive end.

2 years ago

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We love your valuable feedback and are thrilled that Keap has been able to help you grow your small business.

Rachel
Rachel
System Engineer in US
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

It's great that KEAP can keep track of my clients' information

Comments: Keap is our primary customer relationship management tool, and it stores not only marketing and sales data but also details on our customers' accounts, such as their plans, employees, invoices, subscriptions, and more.

Pros:

The most profitable methods of reporting can be extensively tailored with the entirety of custom fields, saved, and reused over and over again. Some reports may long for additional features common to all reports, but overall the feature set is quite enough.

Cons:

It might be difficult to keep track of the background of changes made to corporate paperwork, client paperwork, subscription paperwork, etc. While this is not unprecedented, there are situations when knowing who changed a subscription or configuration is essential but cannot be identified in Keap.

8 months ago

Hello Rachel, We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with Keap! We're glad to hear that using Keap has helped reduce the amount of time and effort spent on follow-up. Thank you for the feedback regarding being able to see more User actions. We went ahead and submitted that as feedback on your behalf.

Heather
CEO in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Keap Is Vital to My Business!

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall my experience with Keap has been great. The company has a great vision and purpose and the entire community associated with Keap from users to partners has always been encouraging, supportive and inspirational. As a software, it has been instrumental to my business' continued growth.

Pros:

Keap has become a vital part of my business. As a small business owner I did not have the money to hire a full time assistant to help me and Keap has helped fill that space. Being able to set up automations that not only help collect new leads for my business, but also help get those potential clients scheduled in my calendar without me needing to do a thing saves me so much time and energy. I have been able to create marketing campaigns that run like clockwork generating new leads and sales. I honestly could not run my business without it.

Cons:

Keap can have a bit of a learning curve to it. As with any software it can take some time to get things set up and running the way you need them to.

10 hours ago

Hello Heather, We're happy to hear that Keap was able to fill the space of an assistant to help you and your business. We love hearing that you find the Keap ecosystem of partners and users to be encouraging, supportive, and inspirational. Thank you for leaving us a review, we wish you the best!

Todd
Owner in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2–10 Employees

Keap Falls Well Short of Expectations

1.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

I had high hopes for Keap, considering its promising concept, but my experience with the software has been far from satisfactory. The numerous bugs plaguing the system make it a frustrating and unreliable tool for managing contacts and communication. The most glaring issue lies in the phone and text features, which seem to have a mind of their own. More often than not, they simply don't work at all, leaving me in the dark when it comes to crucial communications. This inconsistency is not only inconvenient but also undermines the very purpose of the software. To add insult to injury, the mobile app performance is even worse than the desktop version, making on-the-go management a nightmare. It's disheartening to see such a lack of attention to the mobile user experience, especially in an era where mobile functionality is essential.

Cons:

Customer service is another major letdown. My attempts to seek help have been met with abysmal response times, and when I do finally hear back, the quality of support leaves much to be desired. I've resorted to contacting my assigned representative, [sensitive content hidden], and his manager, [sensitive content hidden], but their responsiveness has been shockingly slow. Waiting weeks for a reply is simply unacceptable, and when I do get a response, it's clear that the customer service team is still grappling with the basics. In conclusion, while Keap may have a promising concept, the execution falls flat due to persistent bugs, unreliable communication features, a poorly designed mobile app, and a customer service experience that can only be described as abysmal. I would strongly caution anyone considering this software to explore alternative options with a more reliable track record and a commitment to customer satisfaction.

2 months ago

Hello Todd, Your feedback is immensely appreciated. We sincerely apologize for the challenges you've faced with Keap. Your experience does not reflect the standards we strive to maintain. Your input is invaluable in our journey toward providing a seamless and satisfying experience for all our users. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused. If you are open to it, please reach out to [email protected] so that we can look into your concerns further. Thank you.

Amanda
Administrator customer service tech support etc in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Keap: A difficult app with lots of potential

Comments: We have used it for over ten years now and stay because it does work however, there are a lot of features that are missing or are just dated. Luckily, we have found work around for most but it is discouraging that they haven't updated these.

Pros:

The campaign management element of Keap is absolutely fantastic and one of the main reasons we have kept it over the years. It also integrates with A LOT which is really useful for us.

Cons:

They don't update very frequently and don't give features that their customers want. Their order forms and internal web forms are beyond dated and the landing page builder they sourced out to another company is one of the worst builders I have ever used. Their customer service is also a joke.

3 months ago

Hello Amanda, Thank your for taking the time to leave us a review! We're happy to hear that you find the campaign management tool to be fantastic! It's one of our favorite features as well. Regarding updates to the products, we do have some exciting new things coming out very soon. Here's a link to our product update page to keep an eye out: https://keap.com/product-updates We're sorry to hear that you've had some poor experiences with our support team. If you ever have a bad experience with support, we do send out customer surveys after each case. If you'd like to discuss a past bad experience, please feel free to reach out. We're happy to look into things further on your behalf.

Jennifer
Jennifer
Human Resources Generalist in US
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees

The best CRM for email marketing in all sectors

Comments: Built-in support for email marketing was a big assist. The automation released me from the mental burden of keeping track of where people were in the pipeline and what they needed to do next based on the results of customer-facing tasks.

Pros:

The level of automation is unparalleled. A common feature of CRMS is the lack of a "if/then" configuration option. If I tell Keap yes or no to a task, the program reacts differently depending on my answer. If you require robust automation that can do a wide variety of actions based on results, look no further. It's yours, Keap.

Cons:

There was a lack of functionality in the mobile app. So that I could access Keap from my mobile device, I bookmarked the website. This method was effective, although it lacked caller ID.

6 months ago

Hello Jennifer, We appreciate you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're happy to hear that you find our level of automation unparalleled and that Keap makes it simple to automation processes. Thank you for your feedback regarding the mobile app.

Sarah
Sarah
System Administrator in US
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

It is easy to use and effective for automating campaigns

Comments: For tiny, high-tech businesses, we leverage Keap's automatic lead follow-up features. It's an excellent method to keep track of leads and customers, stay organized, and know who to reach first thing in the morning. It can also be used to promote and follow up after trade shows, webinars, and the combination of text and email message marketing.

Pros:

For times when I need to take a break from work, it's helpful to have a system in place that automatically follows up with leads. I really like the automated email and text message sending, lead scoring, and reports on who is signing up for webinars.

Cons:

Keap is missing crucial functionality and customer support that are essential for any expanding firm. As soon as they left the CRM, all outgoing emails were flagged as spam. The interfaces for their template makers were equally unattractive.

10 months ago

Hello Sarah, We're glad to hear that you're pleased with Keap! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We love hearing from users who use automation to give themselves time back.

Saskia
Saskia
Senior Director Sales Marketing in US
Restaurants, 10,000+ Employees

All the finest at one convenient location.

Comments: Keap helps us streamline our CRM procedures, thus it's in regular use here. Keap aids us in solving company issues including lead management, marketing campaign automation, and client communication management. We want to use Keap to improve productivity and patron happiness by collecting and following up on leads, monitoring sales activity, and keeping in touch with patrons on an individual basis.

Pros:

You may program your advertising push with keap. The system automatically stores the produced leads where users may access them. The administrator may monitor every aspect of the delivered emails, from when they were opened to which links were clicked and for how long. The information provided here will allow users to adjust their campaign accordingly.

Cons:

There are per-customer and per-subscriber costs for integrating keap with other applications. In exchange for a restricted number of users and page views, it offers free data movement.

6 months ago

Hello Saskia! We're so happy to hear that Keap has been helpful to you and your business! Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

Sai
Sai
Client Project Manager in US
Internet, 51–200 Employees

Perfect for streamlining operations

Comments: The experience has been very positive and productive

Pros:

Keap is an amazing platform for simplifying and effectively managing customers, leads, and prospects. The support team is exceptional to help you scale and grow your processes.

Cons:

There haven’t been too many factors or features to dislike about Keap

7 months ago

Hello Sai, We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review! We're glad to hear that your experience has been very positive and productive. We'll be sure to pass along that you have found our support team to be exceptional.

Oil & Energy, 501–1,000 Employees

good program

4.0 last month New

Pros:

you only want to understand the way to use this software then your life will be change due to its

Cons:

the best things in keap that it can be continuously management your data everyday and any time but it must have more update to keep it always on the top .

4 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We appreciate it.

Colette
Marketing Director in US
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

Came to Keap for Price. Leaving because not keeping up with our needs.

Comments: Customer support is really good with Keap. I do appreciate that. When we moved from HubSpot, I really missed the features they provided--just simple things but when adding a photo to a campaign, I could see a thumbnail. With Keap, you always have to know the exact name of the image, etc. Keap needs to update the site to make it more robust and intuitive like their competitors.

Pros:

Have been using Infusionsoft ---> Keap for 6+ years. We initially moved from HubSpot to Infusionsoft simply because HubSpot was too expensive for the size of our company or what we were looking to accomplish with simple campaigns.

Cons:

I feel like Keap has not stayed on the cutting edge--seems a little behind the times now, honestly. We're looking at Klaviyo now and it seems like their campaigns, analytics and action sets will be easier to execute.

2 years ago

Hi Colette, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We're glad to hear that Keap has been an affordable solution for your business, but I am sorry that you feel our product has not stayed on the cutting edge. Our product team consistently has new updates in the works, and we are always working to ensure that we are making the user experience easier for our customers.

Owner in US
International Affairs, 2–10 Employees

Infusionsoft refuses to make simple fixes. Terrible for business to business!

Comments: I'm business to business and have spend over $100,000 on development to overcome its inadequacies.

Pros:

Not sure. It has lots of functionality but most everything is clunky. Only comes with 99 custom fields and you can't modify the home screen. When you click around it always defaults you to a place you don't want to be. If you look up a contact it insists on defaulting you to first name and it has a nasty delay. So if you want to search by company you will start typing and then after the delay it will switch you to first name. You can't choose the view to do your lookups and it defaults to the record view, which I never use. So every time I do a search that turns up multiple records I have to click on the list view. Another infuriating thing is that if you want to sort by a field in list view it defaults to zto a instead of a to z. They will never fix anything even if it is a 2 minute fix.

Cons:

It uses a flat database that is terrible for business to business. No primary fields or tags so if you add a company contact there is no way to tag or have company related field data updated to the new contact without expensive api coding from your website. They added linkedin, facebook and twitter years agobut didn't include the fields in the mass update section. What does this mean? When linkedin changed their url format I was stuck with over 3000 records with bad url's. So with any of their other fields you lookup the filled fields and then you choose mass update contacts and click on the allow blank fields to remove existing data. Well they didn't include the fields here so you can't do it. Maybe just export the records and replace the filled fields with empty into a csv file and import to remove the data. That doesn't work either. Blank field data won't replace filled data in a modify existing records merge. If you try chat support you will more than likely get a foreign support person (mine was from the Phillipines) who will act like he or she has never heard of this problems and make you explain it over and over and ask you to do a million unnecessary tests. I finally became so frustrated that I called support, got someone who at least admitted that it was impossible to fix. All the while I had the chat person on still instructing me to do more tests. The phone support person kept trying to get me to drop chat but I made her see how ridiculous it was.

CEO in US
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Infusionsoft not Keap

Comments: Excellent, I am approaching 7 years using this software and am still happy with it.

Pros:

I use the Infusionsoft product as opposed to the Keap product. I like the flexibility and robustness of the campaign builder.

Cons:

It can be challenging to train others on the intricacies of the campaigns.

Vincent Po
Vincent Po
Managing Director & Global Chief Marketing & Technology Officer in Hong Kong
Information Services, 2–10 Employees

We were a loyal IS customer for 10 years until...

Comments: Product is fine, but management, support and client service leaves a lot to be desired.

Pros:

The product itself is very useful and good. While there are no "perfect" automation apps on the market that fulfill all our requirements, IS did a relatively good job of it. They've been pushing lots of regular updates which is good, but doesn't make up for what I'll describe in the Cons section.

Cons:

Many other automation apps have built-in features that are very useful, but Infusionsoft requires a LOT of 3rd party apps (which adds on a lot of costs for a small business) to do a lot of things other apps have out of the box. As mentioned, I understand no app on the market is 100% perfect and the other apps have their own deficiencies. The worst part of Infusionsoft is not the product itself (the product is relatively good) but it's the entire management and customer support that is problematic. Often times, chat support (while friendly & quick), is not very familiar with the IS product. Often times, it's the we the customers who know more than they do. Finally, as mentioned, we were with IS for 10yrs and then they decided to raise our price by 400% giving us only 30 days notice via email (and a poorly written one). This has caused a furor amongst long-time clients & resulted in a large exodus of long-time clients. Apparently the new management didn't really care, despite many of thus believed we were grand-fathered into our original plans. All in all, many of us felt it was poorly handled by management and that's why we left them after ten years, despite the pain of migrating to a new platform. They are trying to expand globally but IS is still not really setup to work internationally. We were probably one of the first companies in Asia to use them and they completely ignored our feedback or even show any interest us when we attended a live seminar with them.

Susan
Digital Business and Marketing Consultant in US

To Infusionsoft or not to Infusionsoft. That is the question.

Comments: While I think the dated back-end and the pricing are an issue, I will say that when dealing with a larger contact database or enterprise system, I am hard pressed to find another platform that can do all that I rely on Infusionsoft to do for my larger clients.

Pros:

Infusionsoft is one of those stalwart applications that is almost synonymous with marketing automation online for serious businesses (often with a host of disclaimers... see "cons" section). The greatest feature of Infusionsoft is the robust nature of its features, it integrates with almost everything a large enterprise would use (although these features come with a price). If you are looking to grow an online business, and you can afford the on-going maintenance in terms of staff time and cost, Infusionsoft will offer you plenty with room to grow.

Cons:

Sadly, Infusionsoft has been around for so long that I believe the back-end, administrative user experience suffers. A quick Google search of the application will return many negative and less than stellar reviews. One could surmise that any big brand is likely to have many detractors (and this is true), however, most are balanced out by equally glowing reviews. Infusionsoft sits on the fence. This is unfortunate, because I believe that Infusionsoft could be very useful to many growing online, eCommerce businesses and membership associations. However, the owner will need deeper pocket than he or she is likely to have starting out, and migration with a mid to large size database is no picnic. I'm hopeful that Infusionsoft will work toward meeting the needs of a modern, point and click audience.

6 years ago

Hi Susan, Thank you for leaving a review and for your honest feedback. I will share your comments with the right teams here so we can create a better experience for our customers and solution for other small businesses. Thank you!

Sofia
Product Manager Marketing Moda in Chile
Retail, 10,000+ Employees

An efficient CRM solution

Comments: Overall, I have had an excellent experience with Keap. It is a great all-in-one CRM platform that is easy to use and provides great customer service. The only downside is that it can be a bit pricey, but if you are looking for an all-in-one CRM platform, Keap is a great choice.

Pros:

Keap is an incredibly user-friendly all-in-one CRM platform that makes it easy to manage customer relationships. I love how quickly I can access customer data and generate reports. The customer service team is also incredibly helpful and always on hand to answer any questions I might have.

Cons:

The one downside of Keap is that it can be a bit pricey for some businesses. However, if you are looking for an all-in-one CRM platform that is easy to use and has great customer service, Keap is a great choice.

8 months ago

Hello Sofia, Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your experience with Keap. We greatly appreciate your kind words and are delighted to hear that you find Keap to be efficient and user-friendly. Regarding your comment on pricing, we understand that affordability is an important consideration for businesses. We constantly strive to provide a valuable solution at a competitive price. Once again, we appreciate your feedback and your endorsement of Keap.

Steve
Lead Software Engineer in US
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Probably the best CRM and marketing automation tool you'll find

Comments: Keap is an exceptional tool that we have greatly benefited from. It allows us to do many things that make our daily work within the organization easier; it allows us to very easily and accurately store our customer information, have efficient handling of email marketing and automations, create landing pages and funnels that help us attract leads and guide them on their journey from first interaction to conversion, and more. It has helped us automate our business and is excellent value for money for us.

Pros:

In my organization, we have been using Keap as our main CRM for tracking our sales pipeline efficiently, but it has also been extremely useful for active engagement and tracking of all our marketing. It is a very versatile tool that allows us a great variety of actions; it allows any activity related to audience segmentation, communication control, and marketing automation, among others, to be done with ease thanks to all the features and functions it integrates. The marketing automation it provides has been one of the strongest points of this tool. It has saved us a lot of time and money.

Cons:

There is a learning curve when starting to use the product, which is normal for a tool so rich in CRM and marketing functionalities. In terms of analytics, there is room for improvement. Finally, it could be more flexible to integrate with third-party tools, but that is more limited.

6 months ago

Hello Steve, We're glad to hear that Keap has saved you time and money! We love hearing about businesses that take advantage of a wide variety of our features. We appreciate your feedback on the learning curve and potential improvements in analytics and third-party integrations. Overall, we're thrilled that Keap has proven to be an exceptional tool, streamlining your daily operations and providing excellent value for your organization.

Andron
Marketing manager in US
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

Powerful and flexible engine for a tech-savvy business

Comments: Infusionsoft by Keap (AKA the "classic Infusionsoft") has been on top of the small business automation marketplace for years, and for good reason. In the right hands, it's a perfect marriage of automation + CRM. Its strengths are best-in-class, and it is refreshingly light on gimmick features that claim to fulfill a business need without offering real capability. That said, there are some noteworthy holes in functionality. Caveat: the power comes with a substantial learning curve, and you *do* need to learn the software well to use it effectively. Campaign builder has many quirks, there are multiple ways to accomplish any result, and the number of settings is astonishing. Infusionsoft's own (paid + mandatory) onboarding at the time we started using it was insufficient. Fortunately, its history means there are many good Certified Partners and tons of free blogs, videos, and other resources to guide your implementation. I recommend having at least one person on your team who can take on the role of Infusionsoft expert and take responsibility for configuring, organizing, and maintaining the app. For a solopreneur whose time is better spent doing the business, or a small organization that's just beginning to figure out its digital processes, IS is likely to be too overpowered and cumbersome. (FWIW, we started with IS too early ourselves. We've grown into it and are now very happy, but the first couple years were frustrating.)

Pros:

The campaign builder is an unmatched canvas for automating almost any business process imaginable. It doesn't restrict you to a single workflow paradigm, so you have the freedom to design systems to match your business AND organize them how you want. I love the options of using tags, custom fields, notes, and API goals for storing data on the contact record, segmenting contacts, or automating based on that info/event. Plus, all of this feeds a reporting system that can track any aspect of a business's growth and health (with some configuration). The extensive API and HTTP post automation supercharge all of this with custom development or addon tools. The new responsive email builder is extremely user-friendly, and has a nice assortment of premade templates, as well as letting you build a library of your own custom templates. Lastly, the Infusionsoft community is deep and extremely knowledgeable. Practically any question you have, you can find an answer to. Infusionsoft's own support is solid and generally satisfactory, but the breadth of experience available from other users is an incredible resource.

Cons:

Over the past year, a lot of development resources were directed toward the creation of the new, entry-level Keap product, so Infusionsoft has gotten a bit dusty. Reportedly this has changed now that Keap is launched, and Infusionsoft development is once again getting its fair share of attention. This means, however, that there are a number of modern marketing functions that IS cannot handle natively. Examples are Facebook custom audience syncing, SMS messaging, website event tracking (unlike Drip, for instance, there is no JavaScript API that can be used to trigger automations inside IS as a result of a contact's activity on a webpage). Web forms and order forms are dated. Tracking online orders made through 3rd party shopping carts is complicated and frustrating. Reporting, though *immensely* capable, is hampered by the lack of built-in charts or graphs. Stripe is not natively supported as a payment processor. At some point, it becomes essential to start using "satellite" helper tools, like PlusThis or MyFusionHelper, to address some of Infusionsoft's shortcomings, manage data more effectively, build graphic reports, or create custom automations. This adds to the baseline cost.

Mark
Management in
Primary/Secondary Education, 51–200 Employees

Horrible Customer Service Sold A $4,600.00 Plan and Kept Stopping Email Send Outs

Comments: Terrible company. A customer service run-a-round.

Pros:

Absolutely None, this field is requiring 100 characters minimum. Infusionsoft does not have any pros

Cons:

Our company has requests from industry professionals that have directly requested to receive specific information from our company. Our single newsletter kept getting stopped from send out by Infusionsoft because they claimed supposed Spam rates in excess of 0.1%. According to Jacob Hoiby if 2,000 people on a list request information and 1 person of the initial send out of 1,000 e-mails clicks on the Spam button rather than Delete or Unsubscribe then too bad for the other 1,000 people who requested the information, they won't get it because Infusionsoft won't send out the remainder of the email list. Sadly, according to Infusionsoft's logic those other 1,000 potential recipient's desires don't matter. Sadly too our world is plagued by some lazy people who find it easier to just click the Spam button. Despite the unreasonability of some less than caring people, we expected Infusionsoft to reasonably send out our email newsletters which was the purpose of the product and service we purchased. Instead, they chose to view only the 0.1% Spam rate and disregard the opens rate of our lists ranging from 12% to 20% within 24 hours. The most significant problem was the extensive amount of time our company spent during the past 2 weeks trying to work with multiples of their less than knowledgeable customer service members. Today alone was in excess of 10 hours of time. Save your company money and time DO NOT bother trying to work with Infusionsoft. They will hold to their claim that the industry requires a less than 0.1% spam rate. They will disregard your concerns. They will try to tell you that you need a "healthy" email list. This is not rocket science people. It's a list of first names, last names and email addresses from people whom provided that information which is compiled in a data file uploaded to their system. How much "healthier" can we possibly get? Unfortunately, the world is "unhealthy" because there are a few lazy bad apples that somehow find it easier to click Spam then unsubscribe or delete when they no longer have an interest. Unfortunately, the world is plagued with "unhealthy" companies like Infusionsoft that sell a service, but refuse to deliver the service they sold claiming that they have to keep at high standards. Their service does not produce any better marketing delivery either. Numerous newsletters landed in peoples Promotions and Spam folders. Infusionsoft does not have a better delivery mode to In-Boxes as they claim. I hope sharing our experience can help save another company the extreme headaches, cost and sheer waste of time we have endured during the past 2 weeks attempting to deal with Infusionsoft.

Romney
COO in
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 2–10 Employees

Too many broken connections between databases

Pros:

Simple to learn and use. Navigation was ok, capable of making some good looking emails, email campaign system was pretty cool and easy to do with some limitations of what it could do.

Cons:

Databases not linked, meaning if you make an email in their marketing area, you cannot save it and use it in your individual emails. Templates are not transferable, so you have to send individual emails by creating a tag of the customer name, apply the tag to the customer, then send a broadcast email for ONE email in order to use the template. They SELL you on their ability to take email lists and mail to potential customers (say, from a trade show). But then they give you a HUGE legal disclaimer that won't allow you to actually DO this. They will charge you $250 per email which gets a complaint (I got zero, but I did not send to a generic list). When you call to ask to do something, 50% of the time they are NOT available, or you have to wait up to about an hour on hold. There seems to be only ONE guy who knows the database and if you point out something like the incongruity of the databases, he will simply tell you "we can put this on our list of fixes" and then do nothing about it. They spend an inordinate amount of time to help you buy or use free marketing setups in their "marketplace," but meanwhile they have so many glitches that they simply refuse to fix.

7 years ago

Hi Romney, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. We’re glad you wrote about your experience so we can help fix the issue. Our templates are in fact transferable. When you are in an email within the campaign sequence, on the upper right Actions drop down there is a save as template button. We do not charge per email but do have email overages if a user goes over their limit for the month. If you would like to increase your limit, I recommend contacting our phone or chat support http://help.infusionsoft.com/contact-us I hope that helped and if you have further questions or comments please don't hesitate to reach out to us. Thank you!

Brad
CRM Analyst/Consultant in US
Computer Software, 5,001–10,000 Employees

All in one CRM!! Solid for small businesses!

Comments: Infusionsoft is a solid choice for a small business without ambitions to scale rapidly (i.e. think accounting firm, not tech startup).

Pros:

As a CRM Analyst/Consultant, most of my projects are helping companies administrated and implemented different types of CRMS and marketing software. So I have the chance to research and test a multitude of CRM's and Marketing Software for the past several years and Infusionsoft is one of my favorites. I have helped two small companies(around 20-30 employees)implement this product from start to finish. I have very impressed on how robust and strong this CRM really is. With this software, you can create a software stack with different add-ons which can accomplish almost anything. There are programs that help with scheduling, membership sites, integration with Facebook audiences, text messaging and countless others. Infusionsoft has an API that is easy to use and integrate with other systems you may be using. For the price, I would say this is an all in one CRM tool. Another great feature that Infusionsoft offers is the ability to create mobile-responsive landing pages and pairing this automation with a CRM with robust capability for sales follow-up is what creates the value and you also get the ability to generate e-commerce and tracking reports. I would definitely recommend this product.

Cons:

Infusionsoft only includes the basic Lead Generation reports. If you want to generate the true ROI reports it will require you to purchase add-ons, such as Wicked Reports. I would say that these reports are critical for understanding where your leads are generated and how to refine your marketing.

Karen
Owner, Chief Marketer in
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Infusionsoft helps me capture and convert leads by combining the best of CRM and marketing automation functionality.

Comments: The ecosystem of Infusionsoft is almost as important as the software itself. You can create a software stack with a number of different add-ons which can accomplish most anything. There are programs that help with scheduling (Appointment Core), membership sites (Memberium), integration with Facebook audiences (Sync2CRM), text messaging (Plus This) and countless others. Infusionsoft has an API with which it is easy to integrate and many platforms within the community have done just that.

Pros:

Infusionsoft simply has the best "all-in-one CRM" for the price. The marketing automation section of Infusionsoft includes a visual campaign builder for automated emails which I consider one of the best in the industry. The ability to create beautiful, mobile-responsive landing pages simply adds to the value of the automation. Pairing this automation with a CRM with robust capability for sales follow-up is what creates the value. The e-commerce and tracking reports are just a bonus.

Cons:

Infusionsoft includes basic Lead Generation reports but true ROI reports require add-ons, such as Wicked Reports or Graphly. Such reports are critical for understanding from where your leads are generated and how to refine your marketing. Despite this being a downside, I would add that a software stack of Infusionsoft and Wicked Reports is often less expensive and more effective than other CRM alternatives. Additionally, Infusionsoft is planning to release advanced analytics baked into the platform shortly, or so I have heard.

Owner/Operator in US
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Customer Service or Sales CRMs

Comments: Looking at most CRMs the database aspect is pretty much the same from one to another. What I have found is that most are slightly better setup for sales than for customer service. Without diminishing the importance of sales (we all need them, all the time) we are a customer service-based company and follow many qualitative data points of customer satisfaction and comments. We use them to keep track of current service levels and to anticipate the needs of our clients. InfusionSoft has been very good at helping us identify these data and prepare them for analysis. SalesForce is not as friendly to helping us find and use them. I take nothing away from SalesForce and a robust sales program for medium and large operations, however small to medium businesses that are driven by customer service more than sales will find that InfusionSoft is more tho their liking. As for the value, both are reasonable in terms of ROI, but InfusionSoft is less costly and has a much softer, more relaxed sales team. After sale, InfusionSoft is outstanding in helping capture complex, less obvious data about our clients. InfusionSoft represents the concierge service level that so many businesses are trying to develop and maintain with their customer base.

Pros:

The people of InfusionSoft know how to help customize their software to whatever you want to follow, no matter how unconventional it is. They work hard at through free of cost assistance to leverage their program to the clients benefit. They have a large and deep community of users that help enrich the users' experience.

Cons:

Its integration is less ubiquitous than that of SalesForce, but is growing constantly.

Gerri Ravyn
Gerri Ravyn
Author in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Don't do it!

Comments: Our experience has been very challenging. Thanks to InfusionSoft, we are now able to send automatic messages to our customers when they purchase a product. Unfortunately, our customers also have received receipts for past purchases that looked like possible identity theft, and have had their cards automatically charged multiple times for the same product based on a setting checked (or not checked) in a campaign or the system by IFS staff. We have also had multiple consultants not respond to our email questions, and were charged by IFS when they said they would remove a charge. The right hand does not know what the left hand is doing. I would definitely not choose this product for our organization if I could go back and do it again.

Pros:

The promises made by the salesperson, the kickstart consultant, the data transfer team and the customer service specialists that this software would help us immensely. We do like the ability to automate responses to emails and follow up with clients.

Cons:

The constant and enormous mistakes made by InfusionSoft staff, including a data transfer error that generated over a thousand receipts for past purchases made with our organization (which made our customers believe they had been hacked), and a situation when they charged a customer's card over and over automatically, so that customer was charged $21,000 over Thanksgiving weekend. We have had to purchase many add on pieces of software to make the IFS software work and of course, we were unaware of all the extra costs we would incur making this work. We have also been frustrated by the lack of response of some Infusionsoft staff to both email and phone messages. This has happened to our Office Manager, our Board President, our Training Director, and myself.

Jorge
President and Founder in
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

A Strong CRM / Email Marketing Solution / Not Trivial to Set Up

Comments: Infusionsoft is a CRM solution designed for small businesses. It's not the tool for enterprise or medium sized businesses needing more than 15 to 20 seats. Think of it as a MailChimp / Saleforce with an emailing workflow engine. It allow you to build email sequences that adjust the content you send based on what each contact does. That's an over simplification, but at it's core that what it does. It's got a huge community of add on products supporting it. You can build membership sites with it. You can enable call centers with it. The application are numerous, but it is not a tool very everyone. There are times when its not a fit. Many business owners take it on expecting to configure it with minimal outside help. That is probably not a good idea. It's like building your office network yourself following YouTube video instructions. You may get it done, but not without a lot of time and frustration. Even worse, when you are done, you may have made mistakes an experienced person would never do that keep you from making the best use of the tool especially in the long run.

Pros:

The tool has a lot of power. It enables you to automate email campaigns targeting each contact based on what you know about them. If they answer a question on a form, you can sent them one thing. If you learn they live in one state versus another, you can customize content to them. If they visit specific pages of your site and login many times into your membership site, you can change what they see. It has a huge amount of power.

Cons:

It's not a do-it-yourself tool. Lot's of people complain saying it's too hard to use and too expensive. Infusionsoft is a complex piece of software. If a complete newbee could make it work perfectly on their own, it wouldn't be able to provide you with all the feature it includes. I have seen Infusionsoft sold from the stage with promises that it's a self-serve, DIY solution. Honestly, it is not. That's why you have a very healthy Infusionsoft consultants and partners community servicing it. These consultants and partner focus on all aspects of the solution working to help business owners put the tool to good use.