15 years helping Irish businesses

Emma by Marigold Reviews

About Emma by Marigold

Emma by Marigold makes it easy for teams of all sizes to create and collaborate on campaigns that drive conversions and revenue.

Learn more about Emma by Marigold

Pros:

Customer service is responsive and human, not robotic.

Emma by Marigold ratings

4.2
4.2
3.9
3.9

7.4/10

Emma by Marigold has an overall rating of 4.2 out 5 stars based on 148 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Emma by Marigold before?

Jessica
Jessica
Designer in US

I loved my experience

Comments: It was so easy to use and the customer service helped with any issues.

Pros:

I loved so many things about using Emma. If I didn't like something I would be able to reach out to customer service and receive a quick response.

Cons:

I didn't like how you couldn't change the background or how the templates weren't always working the way you wanted them to.

Consumer Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Great ESP for Enterprise Level

Comments: Great. No complaints. System works as advertised, allows us to use more advance features and integrations and the always available call in customer service is very helpful when needed.

Pros:

I currently use this to manager multiple brands as sub-accounts under a single primary account. The interface is intuitive, once you get used to it the builder is more powerful that others out there, and I really enjoy the way segmenting works. Automation is a breeze and multivariate testing works really well and is clear to see campaign specific winners.

Cons:

The only real item on my wish list would be the ability to build a segment on the review and send tab instead of actually building a segment, saving it and then going through the process of sending your campaign and selecting the segment then. Would be nice to build segments on the fly based on previous campaigns etc.

Ben
Director of Communication in US
Higher Education, 11–50 Employees

Decent Platform, but Beware the Extra Fees

Comments: Overall, Emma is certainly on par with most of the well-known email marketing management platforms and has good insights and customization options. I only advise that you pay close attention to your contract.

Pros:

Emma is a solid email marketing management platform that provided campaign performance insights, tracking, and a fair amount of customization. Additionally, building out an API so that it spoke to our personnel database made updating contact information and managing unsubscribes considerably easier.

Cons:

There were two areas that were considerably frustrating when it came to Emma. The first was the sometimes inexplicable display/formatting differences that would exist between the preview of an email draft and the test email that you'd receive. Line spacing, text formatting, and other inconsistencies would occur when viewing a test email, which were all things that did not show up when creating the email draft. Most of these issues only occurred when copying and pasting content into the draft. The other frustration stemmed from billing. Condensing a long-winded and uninteresting story, we unknowingly doubled our contacts by creating sub accounts within our account. This doubled our contact count, which put us more than 20,000 contacts over what we were contracted for. We were never notified of the issue, only later receiving a sizeable bill in which we were charged per contact that exceeded our contract. It was expensive and the sting of it was only amplified by the fact that there was no customer service interaction or notification of the issue prior to us having to fork over a considerable amount of money.

Ram
Chief of Party in US
Construction, 201–500 Employees

Email Marketing at Breeze with Emma by Marigold.

Pros:

It is simple to create and send personalized and targeted email marketing campaigns with Emma Marigold.It is possible to reach and engage our customers using this software.

Cons:

I haven't experienced anything to complain about Emma by Marigold as it suits best out email marketing needs.

Lalao
Lalao
Graphic designer in France
Internet, Self Employed

Optimize your email marketing strategy with Emma for effective growth

Comments: First of all, the interface is simple, intuitive and easy to navigate, which is ideal for me. The pre-designed templates are also very attractive, and it's easy to customize and adapt them to my needs.

Pros:

One of the advantages of Emma is that it works in real time. This means you can see the results of your marketing campaign almost immediately. You can also access detailed analytics for each campaign, so you can see what's working and what's not. I especially appreciate the quality of the customer service.

Cons:

The subscription price is higher than some competitors. Also, while the templates are beautiful, they may lack customization if you want to go further.

Trevor
Trevor
Founder in US
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Emma Gets It Done

Comments: If you're looking for an alternative ESP and are tired of MailChimp, Klaviyo, or Constant Contact, then you really should give Emma a try. We've had a very pleasant experience with Emma, and their staff is there to answer questions for you any time of day. They are extremely knowledgeable and can help with the most complex requests.

Pros:

The thing i like most about Emma is how easy things are to manage. The UI is laid out in a way that makes it very straightforward to get what you need to do, done. ;) Things are laid out in a very easy to understand way.

Cons:

We don't like the creeping cost of Emma. That is really the only thing that we don't like about Emma.

Christian
Director of Housing in US
Higher Education, 1,001–5,000 Employees

A Helpful Tool for Mass E-Mail Communications

Comments: Emma has been a helpful tool for our organization. We recognize that students get inundated with emails so using Emma allows us to be more strategic and create messages that are more engaging to students.

Pros:

Even prior to COVID, we rely on regular email communications to provide our thousands of residential students with important updates and news each week. Emma makes it easy to send emails that are both rich with content and also aesthetically pleasing. The system also makes it easy to send messages and track the success of your messaging.

Cons:

Generally speaking, I don't have any major issues with Emma. We did run into some issues as we were getting the system set up on our campus but much of that was the luck of the draw (or lack thereof) with how our other data systems integrate with Emma.

Jonathan
Business Development and Marketing Lead in South Korea
Real Estate, 11–50 Employees

Effectiveness of Emma

Pros:

I replaced Emma with iContact - it helped me to create and customize marketing emails in real-time.

Cons:

Unfortunately, Emma lacked a lot of tools auch as web design and e-commerce unlike it’s alternatives.

Brian
Brian
Marketing Director in US
Airlines/Aviation, 51–200 Employees

Great for beginners, a nightmare for experienced marketers

Pros:

Easy to set up, import names, and send basic emails

Cons:

It does not allow full HTML coding, and is very blocky in appearance and build.

Marigold Response

5 years ago

Hey, Brian!¿ Thank you for the feedback, though I hate to hear you are experiencing frustrations with the Code Your Own template capability and the editor¿s default block-structured formatting! We have a very informative set of articles with guides and tips for using this feature that can be found here (https://support.e2ma.net/Special:Search?search=code+your&qid=&path=&fpid=407&fpth=). These guides and tips should help you break free from the blocky structure you are experiencing in the default editor. If you need further assistance with any of these features, please feel free to reach out to support directly at support.myemma.com!

Isaac
Isaac
Sales and Marketing Coordinator in US
Medical Practice, 11–50 Employees

It’s a solid product and it comes with Meevo

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: It was very good. It was great because it plugged into the meevo database for automations.

Pros:

Very easy to use. Intuitive software and it also plugs into Meevo.

Cons:

I didn’t understand how to use the coding aspect with HTML. Perhaps aadd more dev notes.

Computer & Network Security, 51–200 Employees

Awful unsubscribe process - confusing & unclear and unlike any other software product

Comments: After moving to a (better & cheaper) provider, a message was sent cancelling our subscription (the only way you can cancel once subscribed) with no information listed in the settings on how to unsubscribe. My Emma claimed never to have received the email, and so the matetr was left. Rather than email or contact me again, MyEmma started threatening debt collectors, sent to every email address in the company. In order to close the matter as quickly as possible, 3x months of the unused service has now been paid for. Unreasonable business practices from a mediocre (at best) provider. I would strongly advise looking elsewhere.

Pros:

The product itself is very basic compared with other tools on the market.

Cons:

The inability to export data easily was the main reason we had to move away.

Kimberly
US

New Format Needs Improvement

Comments: You should at least have a customize the group views that the customers can change to their preference. To do some of these changes without notice is ridiculous. People should have the option of seeing things the way we used to, not everyone is like me and I know some people like the new changes. There should be a columns with First and Last Names within the audiences. I can't be searching my larger group of over 4,000 people by email. Also, the search bar should be made available throughout the audience categories and not automatically go into the search. There are times I copy and paste a good email and want to remove a letter because we had it missing and I want to correct the old email. I can't do this anymore. It's been annoying that it seems some of my requests to bring something back won't happen. I don't know about everyone, but when I open one of my groups, I like to see the email, First, and Last name. It helps for when I put in John Doe, that all those named John Doe or with an email of [email protected] appear for me to find the correct one. Not all these emails with no names attached and all I see is [email protected] and [email protected]. This should be an easy fix or at least a way for us to lock our preferred view.

Pros:

It's pretty quick. Love the Response area and the breakdowns.

Cons:

Some of the changes to the Audience. You should be able to minimum keep the First and Last name showing with the email in the groups and searches.

Steve
CEO in US
Logistics & Supply Chain, 2–10 Employees

Beware of their subscriber practices

Comments: I was a good customer of Emma for about five years. Although they were more expensive than other similar services, I stuck with them because I did not want to go through the process of setting up another service. Then things changed this year. The administrator told me my open rates were too low. I had not changed anything in the way I sent my emails for the last several years. I asked to be let out of my one year agreement and they refused. Emma then locked my account and demand that I pay for an additional 3 months with no ability to use the service. I am in the process of filling a Tort claim against them. Also, when I wanted to upgrade my membership, they were happy to take more money. When I asked to lower my contact number level, they refused. I found a much better service at half their cost.
Emma proved to be a very greedy and unethical company. I would not recommend using them at all.

Pros:

It was easy to use, although limited and outdated compared to other services.

Cons:

Limited software to send emails. Poor customer service. Expensive compared to other services.

Monica
Marketing in US

Email Automation and Insight with Ease

Comments: We are much happier with it in comparison to our formal software Constant Contact - the customer service is just more responsive, and the interface is so easy to use that we are able to have interns use with little direction.

Pros:

We are able to manage and automate customer campaigns all with one login - we are also able to visually show our customers the effectiveness of the design and lay out not just the messaging

Cons:

I wish that the templates were a bit more flexible so we could create ones not available in the system - however the option to work with a designer is quite nice and have used that service several times.

Pamela
Consulting Partner in US
, 2–10 Employees

EMAIL DEMYSTIFIED

Comments: Companies typically spend ridiculous amounts of money on search engine marketing. This is no longer effective. Spend more on content syndication and companies that provide highly segmented lists with technographic data included. Then use email. For most companies - the website is no longer the destination for finding or educating buyers.

Pros:

Fully featured solution for using email to create actionable engagements with customers and prospects. B2B Tech companies don't have to spend valuable budget dollars on costly competitors; with Emma you get all the features you need to educate, engage and convert leads to pipeline. The dashboard tells the story of engagement, the engine has the automation you need to push leads through your funnel. The templates are creative so you can create memorable mail and there is a great resource library to improve your overall approach and skills to have effective email campaigns.

Cons:

Needs plug and play with sales activity trackers like Outreach. Could be easier to run multiple campaigns to different segments.

Rebecca
Rebecca
Content Writer / Executive Assistant in US
Legal Services, 51–200 Employees

Emma Marketing Software is Easy and Affordable

Comments: This product allows me to reach law clients for the personal injury firm I currently work for.

Pros:

I began using this software during my current marketing position at a large law firm. We send out large email blasts to our clients from Emma. Emma makes it extremely simple to upload email lists, create campaigns and email a large list of clients. Emma email reports are also a great way to see which clients you're reaching, helping you in your marketing efforts. The pricing is also very competitive with other email marketing software, with their base pro price.

Cons:

I don't have anything negative to say about this software. I haven't experienced any issues with this email marketing software.

Allison
Marketing and Event Manager in US
Chemicals, 51–200 Employees

Good platform for email and landing pages

Comments: I had great customer service and it has met my needs. The platform is extremely easy to use but I wish it was a little bit more sophisticated on adding new contacts into automated campaigns.

Pros:

The price and easy set up. Very easy to set up with our information and start sending out emails.

Cons:

The process for adding new people to an automated email list. This was a major time waster for me and I wish there was an easier process for adding new people into an automated campaign.

Research, 11–50 Employees

It's better, but not there yet

Comments: meh

Pros:

Since emma added drag and drop functionality, it's a big improvement. It's got a long way to go

Cons:

social sharing not there yet, photo editing, forget it. frustrating to make it look nice

Cory
Owner in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Plenty of other great, more affordable products than this one.Training is a Scam

Comments: Other than a monthly billing for NOT using there product, literally no benefit.

Pros:

Has nice templates and admin. Other than that there werent many features that couldnt be selected or offered from another company at a far more reasonable cost.

Cons:

Training was a COMPLETE waste of money. All the "Trainer Did" was give me a 15 -20 minute rundown of some of the features I already knew about. Company claimed it was an "hour consultation"...which even if it had been would be an insane hourly rate I had clients interested in using it and having us manage it. Ultimately they did not like the functions, especially for the price, so we discontinued that service within 2 months of using MyEmma. However, MYEmma continued to bill use and threatened to bill for a full entire year. Event though we no longer use any aspect of their business. Proving the greed of business and their "could care less" about the customer business motto.

Marigold Response

7 years ago

Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear about your experience with Emma and would like to address your concerns. Our Director of Customer Success, Cliff Corr will reach out to directly to set up a time to discuss.

Melinda
US
Used the Software for: Not provided

Easy-to-Use, Basic ESP

Comments: Emma makes email marketing easy for small businesses, non-web people, and those with low resource availability. It's intuitive and easy to use, no HTML knowledge required. There are hundreds of templates to pick from, or you can upload your own custom emails as well. One of the major limitations I find in this software is in testing capabilities. A/B/C testing for subject lines is built in, and it will send to the winner after a few hours, but that's it. You can't A/B in email content without manually downloading, splitting your list, and re-uploading it as two different segments. You track the results on your own and send to the remainder of your list. It's time-consuming and cumbersome. Emma does integrate with many major e-commerce providers. We've used the Shopify integration. That has also been a bit cumbersome. Though we get the emails of purchasers, there aren't very many trigger email options through Emma. Overall, this is a great little program, especially if you are a small business or don't have an email team. It's not the Cadillac of ESPs, but it all you need is a reliable Honda, this would be a good fit.

Mich
spokesperson in US
Education Management, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Emma is just OKay

Comments: I really looked hard at using this program again, because I used it at my previous work and thought it would save me time in the short run, but quickly realized it wasn't going to work for me. The CSR was illusive and the price wasn't right. Then when I factored in the problems I experienced with the platform at my previous job, I felt it was no longer a good fit for me.

Pros:

I like that you can create super professional emails. I liked the templates one could choose from and ability to use links.

Cons:

Where do I start? Emma can be persnickity... meaning, if you exhale wrong, the wrong version of your email may go out. Label it incorrectly and you'll get a strange headline pop up on your target audience's email headline. It's also super slow. It is drag and drop, to a point. You can use links, but you can't put documents in your emails. You have to host those on Office 365 or someplace like that, get a link, then put that in the doc.

Lacy
Manager - Marketing Account Services in US
Insurance

I love MyEmma

Pros:

It's very intuitive. I like how you can drag and drop components and it's easy to type in straight text without coding. It's a great tool for many situations. It's easy to use templates saved in the system for regular emails such as newsletters as well.

Cons:

Sometimes it's not as flexible as I would like. I can't move a certain component, though I can move others.

Lisa
Reservations Manager in UK

Excellent

Pros:

Fantastic software and a very helpful team also! Very good for sending company emails. Easy to use.

Cons:

No undo button. if you have more than one venue you have to update sender info rather than a drop down option with details saved for footnote

Malii
Global Network Communications, Director in US
, 51–200 Employees

Really enjoy using Emma

Comments: With the exception of greater flexibility with formats and response tracking in Emma, I enjoy using Emma and have advocated that my client stay with this provider instead of moving to another. Customer service is always fab!

Pros:

- friendly, efficient, effective and accessible customer service when i have a question - ease of use/ user friendly - saves histories

Cons:

- wish links remained live for more than 6 months - wish had more flexibility with formatting text, images, overall layout, etc. - wish had some international distribution benchmarks; all info seems to be US-centric

Sarah Catherine
Sarah Catherine
Executive Director in US
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 11–50 Employees

Great option for my small company

Comments: Would suggest to anyone! Offers our company (less than 1M nonprofit) exactly what we need for mass donor commmunicatkon.

Pros:

Used friendly, integrates with my CRM database, easy to use templates, plug and play so I can make my monthly newsletter, good click analytics

Cons:

I run a small nonprofit and, especially for the price, Emma offers us an incredible service. If I had one Con it would be the customization of my emails. With our subscription and templates provided, we are very limited on what we can edit in our emails. But again, being the size we are, I wouldn’t expect different and the setup makes it easy for us to create nice looking emails.