15 years helping Irish businesses

About Workday HCM

Cloud-based human resources solution that helps businesses streamline workforce planning, talent management, and payroll processes.

Learn more about Workday HCM

Pros:

It also is useful to keep track of pay as well as money being taken out for insurance and taxes.

Cons:

Their expensive user training courses are absolutely appalling for adult learners - 4 days in a classroom flicking through a 500 page bound workbook, anyone.

Workday HCM ratings

4.2
4.3
4.4
4.3

8.1/10

Workday HCM has an overall rating of 4.4 out 5 stars based on 1,392 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Workday HCM before?

Filter reviews (1,392)

Priya
Priya
Team lead operations in Canada
Apparel & Fashion, 201–500 Employees

One of the best tools available

5.0 last month New

Pros:

The ease to use for both, management implementing and customer using along with all the features, it’s like a one stop shop for the employees to access everything

Cons:

User interface can definitely be looked into improvement

Jon
BSR in US
Insurance, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Workday, it's a usefull HCM

4.0 last month New

Comments: Workday is intuitive to use. There are some features that take some getting used to, such as finding your benefits and end of year tax info, but once you figure it out, it's easily found again. Overall it's a great tool!

Pros:

Workday is relatively easy to navigate.

Cons:

Initially, you have to go through several steps to find benefit summaries for my benefits. But once you figure out the route, it's much easier than most I've used in the past.

Kyla
Administrative Assistant II in US
Accounting, 501–1,000 Employees

Workday Review

3.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: It is convenient and easy to use. The features are easy to understand

Pros:

Clock in feature and turning in timesheets from your phone, I like to be able to retrieve my W2 form my phone

Cons:

I don't like that there are no HR feature considering that we rarely had an HR personal on staff and had to communicate through email for time changes every time

Human Resources, 10,000+ Employees

Workday is the best tool for HR

Comments: Very recommendable! Mainly for managers and HR have been a great tool

Pros:

1. Unified - combines HR, payroll, talent management, and workforce planning in one system, providing a seamless and integrated experience for users. 2. User-Friendly Interface- making it simple for employees and HR professionals to access and manage their information. 3. Mobile Accessibility. 4.Continuous Innovation hearing the needs of HR professionals and organizations.

Cons:

Sometime gave me problems with integration challenges, I believe that Integrating Workday with other systems and processes can be time-consuming and may require additional resources to ensure seamless connectivity.

Edward
Lead infrastructure engineer in US
Banking, 10,000+ Employees

Workday Review

5.0 last month New

Comments: It has been good - it is far superior to previous applications we have used

Pros:

It is very easy to set up incident queues and manage tasks

Cons:

The reporting tool sort function took time to adjust to

Wesley
Director of Technology in US
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

Real-time payroll experience and labor cost insights

4.0 last month New

Comments: All records in one place and can be accessed anytime, anywhere. Well organized and collaborative customer support team.

Pros:

The major pillar is optimizing financial resources and plan for the future effectively. The support offered is unmatched giving personalized solutions for the entire business. Also, no surprises in pricing, it is quite transparent. It is a user friendly system which has made payroll processing easier.

Cons:

Editing should be improved. It is difficult to go back to already saved data and edit them.

principal accountant in US
Accounting, 10,000+ Employees

Ease of Use and Cost Efficient

4.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Ease of use and flexibility of setup. Product was also cost efficient.

Cons:

Required a considerable amount of troubleshooting in the initial setup due to the complex and diverse nature of our reporting.

Rick
Engineering Tech Supervisor, Test Equipment in US
Oil & Energy, 201–500 Employees

Workday is good for Tracking Employee Time, Time-off Requests, Goals, & Achievements, and Training.

4.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Easy of use to enter information into. I like how it links to Outlook also.

Cons:

I'm not sure. I haven't used a lot of it's features yet.

Education Management, 51–200 Employees

Everything you need in one place

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

I love that I can login and view everything I need. From trainings, to performance, to time off, to salary and career development (and much more). This makes things easier for me, as I can log onto workday and find everything in one place. Do i need to take time off, easy, i request it, do I need to see how much I am making, go to payroll.

Cons:

It is not that easy to take off notifications.

Executive Office, 201–500 Employees

User-Friendly

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I highly recommend Workday to all businesses. Its easy to check the input and output for reports, payroll and performance management.

Pros:

It is very user-friendly, As an employee I can easily complete all my interactions. It's the system we use for payroll, human resources and other employee-related tasks.

Cons:

It will make your day life easier and better. Workday HCM requires a bit of a learning curve. Sometimes I can't receive the code immediately.

Kendall
Human Resources Generalist in US
Hospitality, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Using Workday streamlines organizational tasks

Comments: When it comes to human capital management, Workday HCM is hard to beat. It's easy to learn, has a wide range of useful features, and won't break the bank. You may get information on employees, recruits, payroll, and more with the use of this platform.

Pros:

Many businesses struggle with adaptability, but Workday distinguishes out thanks to its intuitive design. In comparison to the MIS we used before, I found it to be pretty engaging. In my perspective, Workday can be integrated with a wide range of third-party programs. The internal hiring process is also simplified.

Cons:

Workflow integration severely restricts its flexibility in terms of making global adjustments or edits. It's hard to navigate because items are split and there are too many action item tabs. It is challenging to acquire or develop individualized reports.

System Administrator in US
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Increase HR and payroll compliance and daily efficiency

Comments: Post-sandbox testing, Workday can update and release software. This sandbox environment allows me to try things out, observe what happens, and then fine-tune my procedures. Many issues are resolved because to Workday's ability to notify workers of pending tasks and make information about those tasks readily available to them.

Pros:

If you're familiar with the system and its customizations, you should be able to accomplish just about anything using Workday. I really like how workday can be used to both investigate past company procedures and improve current ones. After years of using ADP, I have concluded that Workday is the superior HR software.

Cons:

In my opinion, the time it takes to find and interview potential candidates is too long. While Workday's learning resources are excellent, I do wish they provided more configuration-specific instruction.

Nadezhda
Report Developer in Bulgaria
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Outstanding Experience with Workday HCM

Comments: Overall, I have had a great experience with Workday HCM. It provides a comprehensive and powerful platform to manage employee data and gain valuable insights from analytics.

Pros:

Workday HCM provides an incredibly user-friendly and intuitive interface which makes it easy to navigate and manage employee data. Its powerful analytics capabilities allow us to gain invaluable insights into our workforce.

Cons:

Workday HCM can be slow and unresponsive at times, and it can be difficult to troubleshoot issues.

Hospital & Health Care, 501–1,000 Employees

Half-Baked Cake

Comments: I've used the Recruiting module for three years now, I can't help but wonder if the development team has involved an experienced recruiter when developing the module. I honestly don't think that Workday is ready to roll out to the market. If you are the decision maker consider buying this application, you really should include your recruiters' opinions.

Pros:

The look and layout of the worklets are the only things I can praise about.

Cons:

The business processes are too disconnected to count. The security level is so high up that a small change requires the product admin. (or whoever has the security level) to configure it at the backend. Pre-screening questionnaires must be pre-defined and pre-populated in the system - you can’t adjust the questions according to the requirements of each job at the time of Job Requisition creation. Trying to find a Job Requisition associated with a Position requires the skills of Sherlock Holmes. Recruiter receives many useless notifications and hiring managers receive many emails to a point of hysteria. Workday refreshes itself so frequently that recruiter can never leave their My Recruiting Jobs report on the screen longer than half-an-hour. Moreover, as soon as you click on any link on the My Recruiting Jobs report, any sorting/filtering will be lost. Customizing the columns of the Candidate Grid does not mean you can export it to Excel the same way you’ve arranged the columns. You can’t write comments as you read the resumes in the Candidate Grid - you have to go to individual application and write in the Activity Stream. Hiring managers can’t select and move multiple candidates at the Candidate Grid - can only move 1. You can’t use simple AND/OR with the filter feature at the Candidate Grid – can only search 1 word. When you search a specific name (i.e., Patel) in the Search Box, it spit out a list of names with no particular order; importantly, no filtering tools.

Lauren
HR Central Support in US
Mining & Metals, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Workday - Powerful but Complicated (The Double-Edged Sword)

Comments: The best thing about Workday is its ability to work across countries and functions with immense power and customizability, while maintaining a workforce database and recruiting functions that are critical to a complex and ever-shifting employee base.

Pros:

Workday is a powerful platform that seems able to do it all from an HR standpoint...and if it can't do it, the open API allows for seemingly-endless integration with platforms like LinkedIn, LinkedIn Learning, eVerify, and more.It's an excellent employee database and application tracking system, and once you understand the platform's organization and process, it's a powerful tool that can replace countless programs within an organization.

Cons:

There is absolutely nothing intuitive about the program. Our organization is admittedly large and complex enough to further complicate the system, but the learning curve is so steep that we have to constantly create and update a Workday Wiki, and create a series of training videos to help staff learn their specific tasks.Part of that is due to the extreme customizability of the platform, which is a double-edged sword.We have an entire IT team whose sole purpose is to program, troubleshoot, and fix Workday issues. My role often requires me to support HR generalists and Managers in their use of the platform, and report the almost-weekly issues that arise from back-end changes.

Kay
Sr. Manager, Talent Acquisition in US
Oil & Energy, 10,000+ Employees

Workday Recruiting - You'll set back your recruiting function years behind

Comments: integration w/ Workday HR - not enough benefit to outweigh the functional negatives

Pros:

Graphical Interface - cool graphics is the only positive Yes it integrates candidate data with HR (if you have Workday HR) but that benefit isn't worth the flaws

Cons:

Workflow is too restrictive - nice in theory but you have to go back to you in-box to move the candidate to the next step Offers take forever and if you make a mistake you have to resend to leader for approval Everything is effective dated - if you have a recruiter who started after a req is opened they can't take action on a candidate who applied before that date (terrible for vacation coverage/new hire recruiters). Can't search by candidate name (e.g. you are looking for John Smith - Names tha thave J or S in them come up in no particular order - also can't use the ATS as a sourcing database (we had a progressive sourcing team and they couldn't use it) Recruiters in a high volume environment will hate it - it takes literally 4x the time to hire a candidate in the system. There are too many steps and flaws. There are many more issues - My company met with Workday User Experience Leader and they listened to the feedback and in a year - no changes were made. These aren't configuration issues people - these are architectural design flaws. Run don't walk from this software - It's at least 5 - 10 years away from anything on the market. You will impact recruiter morale in high volume recruiting shops. If you have very low volume recruiting then I guess you could live with it. Reporting functionality is almost nil - doesn't come with any really useful canned reports - very limited.

Human Resources, 11–50 Employees

‘A platform for employees to speak-up’

Comments: comparatively, ‘workday’ is an efficient, effective and affordable system for an above average organization.

Pros:

Many companies lose their talented employees due to failures by the top management to recognize the contributions made by certain employees for the growth of the organization, which goes unnoticed by the hierarchy which creates a negative opinion towards the management by those employees. HCM tool makes a positive impact as a go-between the employee and management and WORKDAY has made substantial developments with this regard. ‘Workday’ HCM has given the employees all the freedom to put on record their contributions/ achievements, goals, training requirements, etc which has almost totally brought to halt human ignorance/negligence of appraisers during evaluations and give due recognition to each employee according to the employee value to the company. ‘Workday’ has many features that help both the management and employees to know each other better and make justifiable decisions. With an advanced HCM such as ‘workday’, it is not only the HR head, but the whole top management is aware of the positives and negatives of the members of the organization which strengthens the transparency of the decision makers. With ‘workday’, the management doesn’t need to wait till the due period for performance appraisals, but identify ‘real-time’ the value of certain talents and apply sensible decisions to recognize such employees. ‘workday’ comes with an attractive UI which is a pleasing plus point. Additionally, it supports multiple devices which are useful on the go.

Cons:

so many beneficial features are incorporated in the system that it takes a fairly big effort to familiarize. As this is a HR centered software with access to each member, we find difficulties in getting the full potential due to cultural diversities by way of language barriers (non-English speakers).

Kayla
HR in US
Banking, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Best HCM Option

Comments: Great HCM. By far the best I have worked with in my HR career.

Pros:

Workday is not perfect, but it is the best HCM software that I have used. You can integrate almost every aspect of HR into one platform. The employee self service is easy to use.

Cons:

It can be time consuming / a big lift to implement and deploy new modules within Workday, especially if you don't have a knowledgeable Workday team dedicated to the project. I have worked on small Workday implementation teams where we learned as we went along (it's painful) and I have worked with Workday consultants who do all of the work. I highly recommend hiring experts for the implementations. You are paying a lot for the software and want to make sure it is setup properly and getting the full value.

Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

New HR Tool brings some challenges and benefits

Comments: MY organization switched over to Workday and I had the chance to use this tool for a while now. I'll say that it's a lot easier to pick up and the available info to learn it was easy to grasp as well.

Pros:

You can pretty much find any HR related features/questions/information in one spot. I was able to consolidate my benefits options, PTO, reviews, in one spot. I also think that it's certainly more robust/ takes a lot less down time than our previous software. Besides that Workday comes with the standard user logins, password setup, online time-sheet, etc. that I expect. I really like the ability to edit my own info very fast. I can change things like benefits or dependencies quickly rather than going directly to my HR's office.

Cons:

My one complaint is that I used to be able to directly edit some of my team member's info and reviews from our old platform on my own. I think whether it's due to lack of access rights or just how my HR department has set it up, I can't do that any longer. It's a more lengthy process of getting it manually updated from my end and through some parties outside my immediate department.

Lucy
President of Sales in US
Cosmetics, 51–200 Employees

I can't ask for more when handling payroll.This tool is smart.

Comments: Workday HCM has promoted productivity and general growth through great intelligence and dedication from the customer service. It is a must have tool.

Pros:

In simple terms, Workday HCM is more than enough for me. I have enjoyed it's flexibility in usage, customization, integration and implementation too. There is reliable content out of its analytics. Automation is a great way to save time and improve productivity and accuracy. Workday HCM is an empowering tool.

Cons:

None. I honestly find no cons for Workday HCM. It is working well for us.

Manju
Data Labeling specialist in India
Hospitality, 5,001–10,000 Employees

The best software for marking attendance, leaves and benefits

Comments: On workday I apply leaves which is very easy as it gives detailed segregation of them. The notification comes when the leave is approved. I also update my yearly goals on it and file yearly work report for appraisal on it. Setting goals and comparing them on year end it so simple. It comes with pre filled details as per organisation requirement which makes filling details even more easier. Different benefits provided the employer is displayed nicely and adding members or new details are straight forward.

Pros:

Workday is very easy to understand. Marking leaves is very easy. Enrolling for the benefits given by organisations is also very simple. Adding family members to the benefits and checking the changes was never so seamless.

Cons:

I wish my organisation leave other tools for IJP, onboarding and payroll and use workday because its just the best. No flaws whatsoever.

Accounting, 51–200 Employees

Learning Curve, but Allows for a lot of Consolidation

Comments: Complex so far, but also rewarding to have a single platform to build off of. There are a lot of things that need to be monitored at once, but again, having things consolidated will make those efforts much easier, along with leveraging the consistent updates from Workday.

Pros:

Consolidating one-off software into a single solution. We were utilizing separate candidate tracking software, performance review software, employee profile details, and more. Workday offers all of this, and once everything was ported over, it has become much easier to manage and there are now several other offerings that can be taken advantage of from a data analysis and management standpoint.

Cons:

The onboarding and internal training required is extremely robust, however, essential. This is not an overnight switch, it will take a lot of time and internal training, to achieve the top uses of this powerful platform, but the expectation is that it will be very worthwhile.

Jonny
Jonny
SEO Executive in UK
Financial Services, 201–500 Employees

Clunky staff software that makes work a chore

Comments: Whilst I haven't experienced much software of this type, I can't help but feel there must be far better options than this out there. The clunky design, awful interface, frustrating processes and overall lack of thought into user experience makes WorkDay an unfortunately poor solution for workplace administration.

Pros:

There are a lot of features in Workday, if you can find them, and the detail that can be stored and accessed across multiple users is good for things like procurement and staff administration. Being browser based as well means that there is no need to install anything on individual user devices.

Cons:

There is next to no user experience. The journeys to do simple tasks are confusing and there are often seemingly multiple paths to do any task but only one that actually works. Error messages for not filling something in perfectly will often take you back to the start of the process. If you are using the procurement features, the notifications are sporadic and you will often be left to chase people in your company manually to find out what is going on. The design and interface is straight out of a warehouse inventory screen, like you'd see on an old beat up computer in the back of a massive warehouse of boxes. Not good and really uninviting to use. Having to do anything with this software feels like a huge chore.

Ryan
Ryan
(Former) Head of Comp Team in US
Computer Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Great for managing Comp workflows, but not for analytics/reporting

Pros:

1) Ability to audit change logs: who made what change when, who was it approved by, was it later edited or rescinded, etc. 2) The ability to mass rescind changes is a lifesaver; you can filter by data input date range, specific input files, individuals / business units, etc. 3) Quick learning curve to get familiar with the interface, new comp team members can get ramped up in no time.

Cons:

1) While reporting within the tool does exist, I always found it lackluster compared to what we could build on top of it with Tableau or custom dashboard tools. 2) Doesn't do a great job of interacting with equity data, particularly vesting data. We always created custom tables in SQL and fed them into Workday for reporting purposes, didn't trust using it as the system of record for equity. 3) Difficult to make corrections to a comp change record without manually rescinding and updating subsequent comp changes (which can be VERY tedious).

Senior Manager, Operations in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 10,000+ Employees

Workday is the best HRIS

Comments: It's been an incredibly positive experience. It's intuitive, efficient, and gets the job done quicker and more accurately.

Pros:

I was in HR for a long time and have a lot of experience with HRIS systems. Workday is far ahead of the rest and it's so simple, intuitive, and organized to help me complete tasks faster. In a previous role, I used ADP and the system is incredibly archaic. It would take me 10 minutes to find an employee's compensation, you weren't able to change an employee's manager without submitting a form to the HR Support team, etc. Workday is a gem in the HRIS world. I also love that it's an all-in-one tool that enables me to focus on the full lifecycle of the employee - from the job application through termination of employment. Leaders are also more self-sufficient due to the ease of use, which saves a tremendous amount of time.

Cons:

The only issue I have is being able to update goals throughout the year to keep track. When I do that, it goes back to my manager for approval and I'd love to avoid that.