Function Point Reviews

by Function Point Productivity Software

Filter by:

• Overall

About Function Point

The all-in-one system with project & resource management, time tracking, estimating & invoicing, and financial reporting.

Learn more about Function Point

Jen M.
Business Operations Director
  • Reviewed on 16/9/2016

"The Function Point team is always responsive and available"

Comments: Function Point has grown with us as we've grown as a company. Their support team is responsive when question arise, and I know that everyone from their account team to product development to support is available when I need them. Their interest in soliciting feedback and involving clients in their roadmap development is so welcome.

Pros: Budgets, tasks, and schedules can all be connected and feed into each other, meaning less work for our team. Enter a timesheet entry and everyone knows the status of that task and how it has affected the overall budget immediately.

Cons: I think most things are specific to how we do business. For example, we'd like more customization of contacts and companies so we can track details more specifically. Right now, we're maintaining two CRMs -- FP and Salesforce. It would be amazing to combine them. We'd like to be able to give clients more insight into their projects. We stopped pursuing the client portal because it looked outdated. Perhaps that's changed. But providing some way to share a real-time timeline / schedule with clients would be valuable to us. We'd also value a re-do of the Resource Planner / Scheduler that allowed us to look at forecasted work, landed business that's not yet actionable (draft tasks) and landed, actionable work. This would give us greater insight into what business we can commit to.

by Function Point Productivity Software on 17/9/2016

Hi Jen - thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts here. We truly appreciate your continued support of Function Point and your suggestions for how we can make the system better for you. Please feel free to reach out if you ever have other suggestions. We're always ready to listen.

• Reviewed on 16/9/2016
Jamie F.
Accounts Payable Manager
  • Reviewed on 8/6/2021

"FP is great for project-based workflows"

Comments: Their onboarding and customer service people have been great. I love the check-ins that they do to see if FP can be more useful to our company. Any technical problem that I've had has been resolved in a speedy manner.

Pros: We love it's ability to have over-arching projects that individual jobs are tied to. We have a lot of clients that give us a large PO to cover multiple things. We also like the ability of manage deferred payments / deposits in the system. I also like that the development team is listening to their users requests. There is a Submit and Idea button available, and users can view others ideas and give their input as well. Their Help Centre is fabulous, too, with videos, briefs, Crash Courses, Webinars, and a library of help topics.

Cons: I feel the reporting features could be improved. They do have wonderful reports for getting granular data, but they don't have the particular information I am looking for in a report. Users do, however, have the ability to download data from reports to spreadsheets so data can be arranged in a report of their choosing.

by Function Point Productivity Software on 27/7/2021

Hi Jamie,

Thank you for taking out the time to review Function Point. We really appreciate your feedback and are especially pleased to hear about your experience with our customer success team and help center. We're glad Function Point is helping your team get through their day and providing long-term value to your clients.

Thank you for your feedback regarding FP reporting; please do not hesitate to reach out to your CSM who will be happy to walk you through the possibilities with custom reporting.

Thank you once again!

Best regards,
Team FP

• Reviewed on 8/6/2021
Robin S.
Robin S.
Principal
  • Reviewed on 6/12/2017

"Function Point is a great productivity tool that offers all the features that we were looking for."

Pros: The user interface is great and so easy that our creatives actually use it to track their time, while offering needed information for account services and project management AND it also back ends into Quickbooks to make AP and AR easier.

Cons: It would be great if the software had a more robust time tracking capability so that I can see more easily at a glance PTO, overtime, etc. That way, I won't have to invest in another software to track employee time.

by Function Point Productivity Software on 7/12/2017

Thanks for taking the time to leave us your thoughts, Robin! We've added your feedback about time tracking to be considered by our Product team.

Walter P.
Walter P.
Graphic Designer
  • Reviewed on 9/5/2018

"Function point takes the messiness of time tracking out of the equation"

Comments: Being able to track time and stay up to dat with my workload, and when I am asked what I spent my time doing, my boss can easily pull up my time sheets and see what was done

Pros: The ease of which I can track time and be aware of deadlines and time estimates. Function point helps me stay ahead of my workload

Cons: You have to refresh your browser whenever a new task is added, requiring you to stop your time and copy and paste the time

by Function Point Productivity Software on 14/5/2018

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us, Walter. Your Customer Success Manager will be reaching out to clarify why you're needing to refresh your browser when a task is added. Keep an eye on your inbox!

Carrie L.
Account Manager
  • Reviewed on 17/7/2017

"Overall we've been very happy with FP and are really enjoying all of the functionalities it offers."

Comments: Much happiness.

Pros: The connect to email feature is fabulous, as is the Campaign view especially for viewing financials across several jobs at once. Just being cloud-based is a huge plus too. Very customizable which has made our team's immersion great, support is fantastic and very fast. We all love it!

Cons: Sometimes the organization is a little irritating, ie if I click into a job's Notes from the icon on the Summary page (as opposed to the Notes "tab") I'm now in an overall Notes space and no longer under the umbrella of the job I started from. Even with the breadcrumbs, I find I have to do a fair amount of backward navigating to access info I'd already navigated to. If I click into a task, to get back to the main task list I have to navigate back to the job, then back to the Tasks tab/list. I know we can use the browser's Back button but that doesn't feel like true navigation and sometimes needs a refresh to update which is just another added step. Just seems funny to me that sometimes while navigating within a job, you are taken outside of it even if you are still just viewing its contents. Overall this is minor and we've gotten used to it, and I'm sure there are reasons why things are the way they are, but if I could change it I probably would. Only another thing I'd say is that more text formatting options would be huge, being able to set a text to even just one other color (red?) or highlight portions of text would make tasking things out even better.

by Function Point Productivity Software on 18/7/2017

Hi Carrie, thanks so much for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. Please continue to reach out with your feedback - we're always ready to listen for how we can make Function Point better!

• Reviewed on 17/7/2017
Adam S.
Design, 2-10 Employees

"Diverse and Meaty"

Comments: Great customer service and training for initial setup and loads of features. The software has a lot to offer but takes effort to manage correctly. Some features are not fleshed out as well as they could be, but I am continually impressed with the updates that are released. I feel that FP is actually listening to users and making changes to continually improve performance. Overall I would highly recommend -- 95/100

Pros: automation power of schedules, integrated timetracking and invoicing

Cons: FP tries to accommodate so many types of businesses I feel there is a lot of wasted features for me personally. Some aspects of system setup were very cumbersome, and certain features just don't make sense; Using taxes for US based businesses is a burden, unable to add a separate bill-to on invoices than the actual company name (many companies use alternate names for billing) makes integrating into QB a burden as there must be manual changes whenever this occurs (which is often), and numerous other odd items that don't make sense to me.

by Function Point Productivity Software on 17/10/2016

Hi Adam - I appreciate you taking the time to write us a review. I'm happy to hear that fp. has changed PMDI signs so positively. Please continue to reach out with suggestions for how we can make fp. better. We're always ready to listen.

Conrad F.
Director of Finance
  • Reviewed on 25/8/2014

"Overall great program."

Comments: I joined my Agency about 20 months back. At that point, it became quickly apparent that the Firm was in need of an Agency Management System capable of handling the growth. After rating 5 of the leading programs based on about 15 factors (ie. Great UI, strong support system, evolving, OS compatibility, easy to use time-tracker etc.), Function Point found itself at the top of the leaderboard. That was in comparison to programs going for twice the price. Once we finally integrated the software in our Agency we were quite pleased with how easy it was to adopt the new system inside of our existing processes. Now 16 months later, I'm quite pleased with my initial decision and I'm looking forward to all the updates FP has in the works to continually evolve its software. Pros:
- Easy to use
- Great User Interface/User Experience
- Easy on the eyes and great job summarys
- Lots of useful information at your finger tips
- When needed, FP has the robust features you might expect in more premium programs.
Cons:
- The back-end coding still seems a little rigid and thus small coding changes that could have a big impact on your business require some time.
- Being in the experiential marketing sector, we process a lot of expenses. The UI does not accomodate our throughput when compared to Quickbooks.
- Sometimes the back-end reporting has minor glitches relating to taxes etc. that can be frustrating as it requires an extra step to understand what the actual "Health" of your project might be.
Overall, our Agency is looking forward to growing with Function Point and we're extremely happy with their support team (shout outs to OMAR!!) and the whole gang there who made sure the implementation went smoothly. They have a solid team and I think this will pay dividends for their clients as they are taking all the right steps to ensure they are a leader in this segment. I'd highly recommend their product for an XM Agency but especially for a purely creative company (with little to no external expenses). The program is growing nicely with our mid-size Company and we're happy to be working with such an innovative Company and hope they will provide us with the tools we need to ensure we can continue to grow and evolve. Great work FP!

• Reviewed on 25/8/2014
Media Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 29/10/2018

"Clear and easy to use"

Comments: Overall great experience so far, collaboration is easy and keeping track of spending / job progress / billable hours is simpler than other platforms.

Pros: That the layout is clear and easy to navigate. It makes it easy to assign tasks and collaborate with the rest of the team. Also love how easy it is to track time using the Weekly View timesheet window.

Cons: The financials page can be confusing when flipping between Estimates, Financials and Invoices (numbers repeat themselves, and line items are used a bit differently on each page).

by Function Point Productivity Software on 30/10/2018

Hello,

Thanks a lot for taking out the time to review Function Point.

We really appreciate your feedback and are glad to hear that it is helping you track your time easily.

Please do not hesitate to reach out to your CSM in case you need help with understanding the financials page.

In the meantime I've provided links to our help documentation which has useful information on financials.

Best,

Ann S.
Office Administrator
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/9/2017

"Great tool for the price"

Comments: Great value. It's not the most robust tool that I've used, but it gets what we need done.

Pros: This software adequately serves its function as our project management and billing tool. Well designed interface that's easy to navigate and customize per user role. Customer service is great and responsive. Serves its purpose well.

Cons: My biggest issue with the software to date has been the ability to customize toward our needs. i.e. more flexibility to run reports applicable to our business needs. That being said, its works great for what we pay. Another thing I'd like to see added to the functionality is an app that would allow our users to assign tasks via iPhone/Android.

by Function Point Productivity Software on 12/9/2017

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, Anne!

• Reviewed on 7/9/2017
Perry B.
Principal
  • Reviewed on 6/9/2016

"Don't wait another minute"

Comments: Function Point is the backbone to our studio. It helps us manage clients, the projects they assign us, costs that are incurred as a result of these jobs and allows us to focus on developing exceptional creative solutions for our clients. Without it we would be lost.
Go Function Point Go.

Pros: Soup to nuts. It is comprehensive and is wonderfully supported by the responsive team at FP.

Cons: The graphic interface needs some work. Slowly we are getting there, but that would be my only criticism.

by Function Point Productivity Software on 9/9/2016

Hi Perry - thanks very much for your kind words here. I'm so pleased that using Function Point is allowing you and your team to focus on what you do best. Please feel free to reach out at any time, we're always ready to listen.

• Reviewed on 6/9/2016
Glenn B.
VP/Director of Content Development
  • Reviewed on 27/9/2016

"Absolutely essential"

Comments: We used a spreadsheet to organize jobs and accounts, but as our business grew so did the spreadsheet. And not in a good way. We knew it was crucial to find an app that would engage our progression to a higher level. Having Function Point is what we imagine having clones of our best employees must be like. Intuitive, dynamic, quick, versatile, deep features, excellent customer service...this software is an essential part of our success. And it has paid for itself several times over. We couldn't be happier.

Pros: Deep feature set, powerful interface, remote accessibility, ease of use, customer service, idiot proof, smooth running

Cons: Nothing--it's damn near perfect.

by Function Point Productivity Software on 29/9/2016

Hi Glenn - I really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review. I'm so happy to hear that fp. has been a crucial part of Living Pink's growth - nothing makes us happier! Please reach out if you ever have suggestions for how we can make fp. better.

• Reviewed on 27/9/2016
Accounts Receivable Specialist
  • Reviewed on 2/2/2018

"User friendly interface and a helpful support staff"

Comments: It provides a way for me to be able to know what jobs our company is currently working on and a way to invoice our customers.

Pros: The software is so user friendly you can figure almost everything out yourself and if not they have a very helpful support team that will help you with your issue.

Cons: There are small issues that can get frustrating. Integration with QB is not the best. Invoices and expenses will export twice sometimes even though the export button was only clicked once. Also, FP is able to read QB to tell when an invoice has been paid, which is great, but will not automatically change a job status from Invoiced to Closed once the invoice is paid.

by Function Point Productivity Software on 5/2/2018

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. We've taken your feedback back to the Product team, and would love to keep hearing how we can make FP even better!

• Reviewed on 2/2/2018
Jennifer H.
  • Reviewed on 6/12/2017

"Easy to implement after the training sessions. I am still learning new things nearly 3 years later."

Pros: I love the timekeeping, the reporting and efficiency utilization of the reports. I can see where my staffing has holes, and what jobs are profitable. Priceless! As my company grows, we can utilize more of the FP features.

Cons: The CRM portion is not as streamlined as we originally wanted, but it has improved. It would be great to utilize this as some sort of marketing tool in the future with our prospects.

by Function Point Productivity Software on 7/12/2017

Thanks for sharing your feedback, Jennifer. We love nothing more than to hear that Function Point is scaling with your company's growth. Congratulations on all your success!

Madhu J.
Executive Assistant
Machinery, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 9/5/2018

"Function point tool is awesome. It just finishes my work in no time."

Comments: as stated earlier

Pros: Reports features, Leave features, Currency features, user-friendly, more approachable, perfect reports as per requirements

Cons: 1. When we create a batch invoice the currency (other than default) should be reflecting in the invoice when we print wherein as of today it doesn't reflect. It comes up as default currency.
2. FAM code should come in the "Invoices" tab when we pull all invoices report,

by Function Point Productivity Software on 14/5/2018

Hi Madhu -- thanks for your kind words. We're so glad to hear that FP is helping Atlas Copco become positively productive!

Katie N.
  • Reviewed on 12/9/2018

"Function Point Keeps Us Sane"

Comments: Excellent - the only issue was when they updated the display of the task page and the took the feedback and improved it for the customer!

Pros: I love how naturally intuitive the software is. It's really easy to use and navigate - couldn't be any simpler!

Cons: We were disappointed with how the "add a task" page was functioning but the Customer Service team heard our feedback and restored the page to how it previously displayed.

by Function Point Productivity Software on 4/10/2018

Hi Katie, thanks for your feedback! We're always ready to listen, so if you ever have other feedback for us, just let us know!

• Reviewed on 12/9/2018
Creative Director, Account Manager
  • Reviewed on 22/1/2018

"Function Point is easy and simple to use. The interface is easily understood by each team member."

Pros: The desktop version is easily understood with a clean interface. I like the option of the mobile application as well for on the go record keeping.

Cons: I love the idea of the mobile application; however, it freezes all the time and needs the bugs worked out. If you can fix these reoccurring issues I'll be a raving fan.

by Function Point Productivity Software on 25/1/2018

Thanks for sharing your feedback! We'd love to learn more about how the FP app is working for you. Feel free to email us at [email protected] and we'll get right back to you.

• Reviewed on 22/1/2018
Julia D.
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 31/3/2020

"Solid solution for core business functionalities"

Comments: Overall Function Point is a great comprehensive tool that helps increase productivity, supports automate many processes within a company and helps improve the collaboration and communication between workers.

Pros: It's best feature is most probably the time tracking functionality. Every employee uses it to track their time daily, then reports will be created and send directly to clients. The real time tracking makes clients happy as they know where their money goes, also the employees have it all saved as input for later.
Also great reporting tool: the organisation knows where most time and energy is invested by its employees.

Cons: The one con we can think of is that although for an experienced user it becomes easy to maneuver, it does require training.

• Reviewed on 31/3/2020
Jackie M.
Production Manager
  • Reviewed on 14/5/2018

"I love FP, it's easy to use and covers everything we need it to cover."

Pros: I like that FP is very easy to use, and intuitive. There are multiple ways to review jobs (financials, hours, etc) and pull different reports which is incredibly helpful.

Cons: I think an improvement could be for email notifications, I haven't seen that as an option. As far as workflow/scheduling goes, it would be awesome to be able to know when a task or notification was pushed to you via email.

by Function Point Productivity Software on 22/5/2018

Hi Jackie, thanks for your kind words about FP! Your Customer Success Manager will be reaching out to show you how to enable those email notifications for yourself. Keep an eye on your inbox!

• Reviewed on 14/5/2018
Jenny J.
Creative Director
  • Reviewed on 31/7/2017

"Organization and scheduling in one spot!"

Pros: I like the time tracking feature. I work at an advertising agency. Our team using this feature daily to clock our time throughout the day. From meetings to individual jobs, FunctionPoint gives us a way to track our REAL time, in turn, helping us make our business practices more efficient.

Cons: I wish the job jackets would have the option to print out with multiple deadlines. For example, a "proof out by" date, a "printed by" date and an "install" date.

by Function Point Productivity Software on 31/7/2017

Hi Jenny, thanks for taking the time to let us know your thoughts. We appreciate it!

• Reviewed on 31/7/2017
David H.
Account Strategist
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 11/7/2017

"Move over Toggl, there's a new time tracker in town!"

Pros: Function point is incredibly good at consolidating your billable hour tracking, creative briefs, projects and more. Additionally, it allows you to have multiple team members working on the same project at once.

Cons: The only thing that I have found frustrating with function point is how easily the timer clears (you win this one, toggl). If you accidentally close the tab you were tracking time in, say bye-bye to your accurate number. This is easily solved by popping out the timer, but sometimes you just forget.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 11/7/2017
Web Designer & Account Manager
  • Reviewed on 25/6/2018

"Good platform, always adding new features. Very robust in service offering."

Comments: It's easier for our company to track results.

Pros: There are many characteristics of FunctionPoint that I like but what I like most is that it is a very robust platform that allows our company to do many different tasks including creating estimates, invoices, jobs, and more.

Cons: Although the software is consistently updated, the user interface can be very cumbersome to overcome and learn the software.

by Function Point Productivity Software on 3/7/2018

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us!

• Reviewed on 25/6/2018
Victoria G.
Traffic Manager
  • Reviewed on 10/8/2018

"Function Point Review"

Pros: It's very simple to create gantt charts, schedules, and assign tasks and projects to our creative team. It's great for getting work done on time and making sure everyone is on the same page.

Cons: User interface isn't as beautiful or doesn't look as easy as it is. Our creative team has a hard time using it because they don't believe it will be as easy as it really is.

by Function Point Productivity Software on 14/8/2018

Hi Victoria, we really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts!

• Reviewed on 10/8/2018
Project Manager & Associate Digital Producer
51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 8/5/2018

"Not the best UX, but does a great job at what it's for!"

Pros: Easy to fill out time sheets and check on the hours that team members are logging to track to budgets.

Cons: Not incredibly intuitive to do much of anything except filling out time sheets with. I've had a lot of questions for our "Function Point Expert" in our office especially when creating budgets with service groups.

by Function Point Productivity Software on 11/5/2018

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us! Feel free to reach out to us at anytime with questions: [email protected]

• Reviewed on 8/5/2018
Nick W.
Operations Manager
  • Reviewed on 17/10/2016

"Function Point - Streamlining operations, and saving money"

Comments: Function Point has allowed us to refine our operations significantly. A lot of our processes were being done manually by hand and taking absorbent amounts of time. Since implementing Function Point, we have saved countless hours by being able to automate many functions. From entering and sharing client information/notes, to entering expenses, timesheets and invoicing our clients - Function Point has made life much easier and streamlined. The estimating and markup process has allowed us to focus on the work that needs to be done, not manually calculating billing rates and expenses. And the reporting - WOW. We are able to dive very deep into the details of our business unlike any software before. I would highly recommend Function Point to any agency that is looking streamline their internal processes, desiring in-depth reporting, and seeking great overall usability out of a software.

by Function Point Productivity Software on 17/10/2016

Thanks for your kind words, Nick. I'm so pleased to hear that fp. is helping automate and streamline processes at Compass Marketing. Please let us know if you ever have suggestions for how we can make fp. even better!

Steven L.
Senior Graphic Designer
  • Reviewed on 12/10/2017

"It's fantastic and easy to work with."

Pros: keeps track of everything from person to person. Is very easy to explain to someone new and works for everything we do

Cons: Could use more functions and the app is a little lacking. the folder structure is a little messed up since the recent update.

by Function Point Productivity Software on 16/10/2017

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, Steven!

• Reviewed on 12/10/2017