CAP Retail Point of Sale Reviews

• Overall
    4.6 /5
    4.5 /5
    4.8 /5

About CAP Retail Point of Sale

CAP Retail by POS Nation supports retailers with a turnkey solution including software, hardware, support, and payment processing.

Learn more about CAP Retail Point of Sale

Sonya H.
Marketing Specialist
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/12/2020

"CAP Retail review"

Comments: We love this program and would recommend it to small or large businesses. We do $200,00 sales a year and it works great for us.

Pros: CAP Retail is easy to use. We use it on a daily basis in our shop.

Cons: The software is easy to setup and install and once sync your inventory, you are ready to use it. It is fast and easy to reconcile daily sales, monthly sales and year end inventory.

by POS Nation on 22/12/2020

Sonya,

We are happy to hear that the software was easy to setup and install! Reviews like this really make our company proud. Thank you so much for your kind words, and for being a valued POS Nation customer!

• Reviewed on 16/12/2020
Paul D.
  • Reviewed on 14/12/2020

"Tech Support"

Comments: CAP POS is great to use but I notice they are few little things as end user myself, we need tech support to help us get though some of glitch & add-on products to the POS sooner & less wait time.
I am always please & special thanks to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] , he have always help solve all issue I encounter in just one call, his knowledge of this software is second to none.

Pros: We have been using Cap software for many years & I found it's easy to use, it have many options available that business manager would love to explore it for their business. I hope CAP will post more video in how to explore all the great feature in it.

Cons: I can't find much of what I like least about this software but I do hope the wait time for tech support is shorter, retail business POS can't be down for too long customers have least patient when system have a glitch and tech support can't be reach right away.

by POS Nation on 18/12/2020

Paul,

Thank you for your feedback regarding both the software and our technical support team. We want to ensure that we are decreasing our wait time and you are receiving the help you need in a timely manner. Please give our customer success team at call if you find that the wait time has become too extensive. You can reach us at 877-727-3548 Option 2. Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to working with you in the future!

• Reviewed on 14/12/2020
Karen K.
PRESIDENT
  • Reviewed on 11/12/2020

"Good value for small business"

Comments: Cap is very helpful, solves problems readily, have great features, like off site back up, and is easy to use and change as needed.

Pros: This software is easy to use, has a lot of features, and can be used in a limited way then expanded asfeatures become needed. Ability to sell misc. items not in inventory.

Cons: There is a lot of features, that I am not familiar with and take time to learn, but as a small business it is hard to find that time. Would like to be able to amend a sale after the fact(ie change a visa charge to a mater card without reringing, or unvoid a sale )

by POS Nation on 15/12/2020

Karen,

Thank you for your feedback regarding our POS System and service. We pride ourselves on delivering service our customers can brag about, and it is great to know that we succeeded with you! We greatly appreciate your business. In regards to amending the sale after the fact, feel free to call our technical support team at 704-405-5089 and they can help walk you through this process. Thank you again and we look forward to working with you!

• Reviewed on 11/12/2020
Michael D.

"My business backbone"

Comments: Overall good experience. I depend on it as if it were one of my best employees.

Pros: This is the only POS I have ever used. It is the first and only one this family business has ever used. The point of sale works well as we have a large inventory for a small business. I have trained six different people to use it and have done well. The ability to generate reports related to sales for tax purposes and managing inventory as well as managing A/R is wonderful.

Cons: We have had some anomalies over the years that can not be explained. We have several accounts for individuals that generate a repeating sale each time I do monthly statements. I will name them ghost acct and discard them each month. Occasionally this will happen with an inventory item. The amount in stock seems to change by itself

by POS Nation on 29/12/2020

Michael,

Thank you for your feedback regarding our POS System. We pride ourselves on delivering service our customers can brag about, and it is great to know that we succeeded with you! We are happy to hear that six different individuals were easily trained on the system and also that our reporting functions are just what you need. We greatly appreciate your business.

Phil H.
Farming, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/3/2019

"Love our POS System"

Comments: We are a Christmas Tree Farm with a fairly large gift shop. We are only open seasonally and POS Nation is willing to work with us during the time we are open. This system has allowed us to have total control of the trees in the field, the number of trees sold, and aided us in knowing when to close the harvest. Our entire gift shop is now in the data base which allows for quick and accurate checking-out of the customers. We have also integrated our CC processing in with the POS system and everything works great! I can't say enough good about our experience with POS Nation.

Pros: How easy it was to enter the entire inventory into the system. The speed with which you can check out a customer! And the ability to run easy accurate reports at the end of the day, week or year!

Cons: I can't think of anything I don't like about the software. Anytime I have had a problem, the system had what I needed, I just didn't know how to use it. Customer support has always solved my problems and taught me what we needed to know. Or better yet, how to use the system.

by POS Nation on 17/10/2019

Thanks for the review, Phil! We're glad you're enjoying the software and find it easy to use.

• Reviewed on 23/3/2019
Tj A.
  • Reviewed on 23/10/2020

"LOVE POS NATION"

Comments: Wonderful- Highly recommend

Pros: User Friendly, Reporting, Inventory. The best customer service and IT support. Easy set up and the POS NATION teams care about you and your business.

Cons: Worldpay take 1-2 days to deposit funds from customers paying with credit cards.

by POS Nation on 26/10/2020

TJ,

We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your POS system so far specifically the reporting and inventory modules. Thank you for taking time out of your day to share your feedback with us. Please let us know if you need anything in the future!

• Reviewed on 23/10/2020
Jeff D.
Technician
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/6/2019

"Great bang for the buck"

Comments: We have a unique environment here at ESI where we have an engineering & manufacturing facility with an employee cafeteria. There's only one register with a local receipt printer and a networked line printer for the grill/sandwich items. When we installed the software customer support listened well and understood so that it was quite seamless. Then, later when we added debit card support we ordered & received the correct card swipe terminal and were able to turn on the functionality very easily. When we've had network outage issues or had to change IP addressing POS Nation support was very helpful and was able to assist to resolve issues quickly. Overall it has been very good.

Pros: Organization, flexibility and customizability

Cons: The look and feel seems a little clunky...perhaps time for an upgrade?

by POS Nation on 12/9/2019

Thanks for the review, Jeff!

• Reviewed on 17/6/2019
Otto G.
General Manager
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/3/2019

"Broad range, excellent service."

Comments: POS Nation has some of the best customer service I've come across. 24 Hour (I think anyway) technicians available, and they even assigned one person to be our contact guy for setting up the new system. He was an invaluable resource when we were just getting started. While not every technician is familiar with every POS System, they are knowledgeable enough to help solve most minor issues, or set up a call-back appointment for the next day with another agent. Could not be happier with POS Nation and their support.

Pros: I am using RPower POS System through POS Nation. This software is very in depth, almost overwhelmingly so. There is next to nothing you can't do through it and as far as POS Systems I've used throughout my career, is easily the most broad and intricate software I've ever seen. RPower comes highly recommended especially if you have a complex or large menu.

Cons: It's range of features and capability are so immense that at times it seems almost intimidating. I have been using it for nearly 4 months now and I'm figuring new things out every day. Sometimes confusing to do what one would imagine to be a simple task, until you figure out all of its various quirks and commands. If you have a small or very simple menu, I would suggest a smaller and simpler POS System.

Jack M.
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/12/2019

"Large, complex software"

Comments: Expansion of existing Point of Sale system - new terminal and migrating from a single standalone installation to a server-based installation. Great technical support during the transition.

Pros: It gets the job done. Responsive sales team during initial contact. Excellent support while installing the product.

Cons: Complex user interface. Very complicated database structure

by POS Nation on 17/1/2020

We're happy you're staying in touch with tech support! Let us know how we can help with anything else in the future. Thanks for the review!

• Reviewed on 19/12/2019
Lucky C.
Consumer Goods, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/3/2019

"Amazing support and equipment"

Comments: Overall satisfied with my purchase and service. Wish they would provide free upgrades when requested.

Pros: They have multiple of options available including equipment to software to match your business needs. Very compatible with current equipment so it wasn’t hard to switch over.

Cons: At times the system will get slow, will call support however they require a level 2 support to assist. They are available during the weekday however not weekend. In addition, you will have to call to get your system updated and only if there is problems.

• Reviewed on 16/3/2019
David A.
  • Reviewed on 30/12/2020

"Very satisfied long term user 25+ years"

Comments: Basic 101 business needs.

Pros: All the basis features and daily reports

Cons: Product photos and emailing of purchase orders with the newest software is a big plus

by POS Nation on 16/2/2021

David,

We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your POS system so far. Thank you for taking time out of your day to share your feedback with us. Please let us know if you need anything in the future!

• Reviewed on 30/12/2020
Linda P.
Restaurants, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/3/2019

"POS Nation Technical Support Is The BEST!"

Comments: POS Nation Technical Support is AMAZING! When the system gets hung up or any problem, they answer and have the system going or problem solved quickly.

Pros: The software suggested by POS Nation is easy enough for anyone to use and yet is able to keep up with our growing business.

Cons: The software requires you to create modifiers for so many little changes.

• Reviewed on 12/3/2019
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/10/2020

"POS"

Comments: We use this for detail business reporting also it has all features

Pros: It has a great detail reports also it is very User friendly

Cons: It has two sale rate reports and point of sale system

by POS Nation on 29/10/2020

Thank you for your kind words, and for taking the time to share your feedback of our company! We greatly appreciate you and your business.

• Reviewed on 27/10/2020
Shanon M.
EVENING MANAGER
Food Production, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/3/2019

"GREAT PRODUCT AND SERVICE"

Comments: WE HAVE HAD A GREAT EXPERIENCE WITH THIS COMPANY SINCE WE BOUGHT THE SOFTWARE. IF I EVER HAVE ANY ISSUES, POS ARE ALWAYS THERE TO HELP ME.

Pros: I LIKE THE EASE OF HOW THE SYSTEM WORKS. IM VERY IMPRESSED WITH HOW WE CAN KEEP UP WITH INVENTORY MUCH BETTER THAN BEFORE.

Cons: HONESTLY I HAVE NO DISLIKES WITH THE SOFTWARE

• Reviewed on 17/3/2019
Mitch C.
  • Reviewed on 22/6/2017

"POS Nation was the best decision I've ever made."

Pros: It helps me run my business! It gives me the information I need to make decisions. I know my best and worst sellers. I know my margins by department. I can run promos to get my customers back in the door.

• Reviewed on 22/6/2017
Chris W.
Retail, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 6/3/2020

"POS Nation Review"

Comments: pos nation have the best best customer service i have ever see and the tech support is awesome

Pros: how easy to set up the software is easy to learn and operate

Cons: i do not have any fined i do not like least about the software

by POS Nation on 12/3/2020

We're happy to hear about your positive experience, Chris! Thanks for the review.

• Reviewed on 6/3/2020
Luis M.
IT/Sales
Consumer Electronics, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/6/2019

"Awesome POS TEAM!!!"

Comments: Awesome quality products ,very well trained staff and great costumer support

Pros: Easy to use,very knowledgeable ,Great product to help you save money

Cons: Too many options ,for the end use for a bar /restaurant they just want simple

by POS Nation on 12/9/2019

We appreciate the feedback, Luis!

• Reviewed on 19/6/2019
Hima P.
Sales Rep
  • Reviewed on 18/11/2020

"Great Customer Service"

Comments: great.

Pros: There guides and tools that are very useful.

Cons: There are a few bugs that have restricted me from completing my inventory on time.

by POS Nation on 23/11/2020

Hima,

POS Nation is lucky to have such great customers, like yourself. We cannot thank you enough for sharing your experience with our company. With that being said, please call our technical support team at 704-405-5089 so that we can fix those bugs that have restricted you from completing your inventory. We look forward to resolving these issues for you.

• Reviewed on 18/11/2020
Karen S.
Bookstore Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 11/5/2016

"Sellwise Software for Bookstore POS system"

Comments: Georgia Military College has been using Sellwise software for its Bookstore POS systems since 1997. Overall, I have been very pleased with the results. It's user friendly, with an myriad of reporting features, and the ability to maintain a perpetual inventory. In 2008 we implemented an all book rental system, institutionally, and CAP was able to create a program that allows us to issue books to students each term, and then receive them back at the end of the term. The system maintains a complete student history, as well as, a sales history for each inventoried item. Although we have encountered some issues and glitches in the past, tech support has always been able to address each problem and ultimately resolve the issue.

• Reviewed on 11/5/2016
Pete P.
Restaurants, 2-10 Employees

"Review"

Comments: Tickets are legible and easy to read and interpret. The software minimized previous mistakes from my staff.

Pros: Ease of use. Short learning curve. Mistakes by personnel are lessened.

Cons: A few small things where the software doesn’t know when to charge extra and when not to.

Patti S.
Restaurants, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/8/2019

"Love this product"

Pros: Easy to use. Easiest program I have used in 35 yrs.

Cons: Nothing, I like everything about software.

by POS Nation on 12/9/2019

Thanks for the review, Patti!

• Reviewed on 18/8/2019
Sharon G.
Bookkeeper
Museums & Institutions, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/3/2019

"Simple enough for volunteers"

Pros: For a small museum store point of sale system POS Nation is simple enough for volunteers to use.

Cons: Some of the reports are cumbersome to find, filter and print out.

Business Consultant
Financial Services, Self Employed

"Review of POS Nation"

Comments: Good service and user friendly

Pros: Pos nation has great custom service and is User friendly

Cons: Merchant services was quoted to be very high

Ministry Director
Restaurants, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/1/2019

"Life made easier"

Comments: This system has benefited us so much at McDonals, because it helps keeps us organized and up to date with everything that we may need help with or inventory on. It also makes it a lot easy for our crew too.

Pros: The most that I like about this software is that I am able to manage everything on this system at McDonald's. I can check times, check products and look at all the orders that had came through that day. Also with this system you are able to do schedules and make sure that the inventory is put in. With this system you can do just about anything even knowing the total sales for that day and month. This system helps keep everything together.

Cons: The only thing that I did not like was the fact that sometimes when I was trying to do an order, it automatically started rebooting itself and doing an update. It did not happen too often.

• Reviewed on 15/1/2019
Vivian W.
MANAGER
Sporting Goods, 2-10 Employees

"sPORTING GOODS"

Comments: Love it

Pros: The point of sale is easy to use. Reports are great..

Cons: It kicks you out often but you can get rite back in. The inventory is complicated way to many steps

by POS Nation on 29/12/2020

Vivian,

Reviews like this really make our team proud. We are happy to hear that the reports are great for your business. Thank you so much for your kind words, and for being a valued POS Nation customer!