• Overall
    4.3 /5

About Basecamp

Trusted by millions, Basecamp puts everything you need to get work done in one place.

Learn more about Basecamp

Showing 25 reviews of 12,658

Tacho T.
Driving instructor
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 3/10/2020

"Very good solution for task management and project management"

Comments: Basecamp allows me to have all my tasks and team communication in one place. Without the need to spend extra money for different tools .

Pros: As a driving instructor I have a need to record all my student and classes. Basecamp give me the opportunity to follow up all active tasks and deadlines.

Cons: It is a little bit tricky for students to work easy with the tool when day meet it for the first time.

• Reviewed on 3/10/2020
Kristen N.
Product Marketing Supervisor
  • Reviewed on 31/3/2020

"Basecamp Has Helped Us Organize the Chaos"

Comments: Our marketing team was the first to implement Basecamp, and, eventually, the benefits to project management were so evident that most of our company uses the platform—from R&D to technical support. The application is quite intuitive, requires very little training for use, and offers multiple ways to communicate: private messaging, group chat, and message boards. The integration Basecamp offers with Google is also seamless. Tip: Once your teams are established, setting communication expectations for each tool is a necessary step to achieving a high efficiency.

Pros: The integrations that Basecamp provides make communication for cross-departmental projects quick and effective. The integration we use the most is the support of Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Calendar. Within Google Drive, the folder system makes it often difficult to find documents, but Basecamp allows not only Google Docs and Google Sheets to be linked to, but conversations about that specific document to take place in one place. This makes it easy to hand off documents and files to another department, route items to our publication team, or to request feedback from partners. As an original user from Basecamp 1, there have been so many improvements to the second and third editions. Basecamp certainly does an excellent job listening to its users.

Cons: The only change in version 3 that I am disappointed with is the elimination of the built-in calendar. What used to be "Events" with an interactive project calendar became the "Schedule." The Events interactive project calendar functioned a lot like a Google Calendar, which allowed someone to see all touch points on the calendar itself. The "Schedule" is mostly a list of upcoming events. However, the benefits of the folder systems, the access to resources, and the task assignments outweighs this issue. Plus, if you are a new user to Basecamp 3, you won't even be aware that anything is missing.

• Reviewed on 31/3/2020
Recruiter
Broadcast Media, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/1/2020

"Basecamp is the best all user portal!"

Comments: Our team has always been collaborative but with Basecamp used as a tool, we have been able to increase our collaborative spirit. In addition, we have been able to accomplish projects and tasks faster because it gives us a way to share which piece we are working on and thus eliminating duplication.

Pros: I love Basecamp! I think it is a great software for keeping tabs on projects and people you work with. It is a collaborative space for users to update each other on what parts of the project they are working on or finishing up. It gives our team the balance needed to ensure no one is working on the same thing or on overlapping projects. It has been a huge asset and we have all loved watching the progression of projects and campaigns we are working on. It has many settings so you can really set it up based on how your team would best thrive.

Cons: One con is that this product could easily turn into a micromanaging tool for bad managers and leaders. When utilized properly it will do wonders for your team but if overused it could be a huge pain point and stressor for employees. They allow an option to have your team give a daily summary of their tasks and I could easily see that going wrong if used by the wrong manager.

• Reviewed on 16/1/2020
Michael S.
Management Consulting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 19/12/2019

"Great Solution For Team Collaboration & Basic Project Management"

Comments: I've used Basecamp to manage development projects, marketing programs, product management, company calendars, and basic HR/company policy documentation for several years. I've always found it to be reliable and easy to use. I will continue to use it going forward.

Pros: Basecamp is incredibly intuitive and easy-to-use. New users can start using the system in a very short period of time. I love the ability to upload files to specific projects or teams and to organize them into folders and update them with new versions. I also really appreciate how Basecamp makes sharing news, messages, and schedules with members of the team. Basecamp is also very affordable, even for small teams.

Cons: I would like to see some additional project management features added. Specifically, project milestones and Gantt charts. A few of the features are not particularly useful, such as the Gaussian-looking completion chart.

• Reviewed on 19/12/2019
Sean G.
Graphic Production Manager
  • Reviewed on 17/12/2019

"The best production management software for our company."

Comments: We use Basecamp for every project that goes through our company, and we have some team members that use it constantly and some that barely want to touch it ... when you rely on Basecamp for your company to run smoothly, you need to make sure you have 100% buy in from the team and everybody is using the software with some form of ground rules in place to help keep everything organized. Once that is dialed in, basecamp really can cover every needs we run across and it has grown with us from a 3 person company up to a 28 person company and should be able to sustain for the foreseeable future.

Pros: The pros of basecamp are the company wide team access and usage, easy access to current project related data, storage for project photos and renders. We have an archive of our projects for the past 6 years as well, so we can always go back in and find any info we may have had in the past but are missing now.

Cons: Basecamp is just difficult enough that our team members who are a little less tech savvy can feel overwhelmed with navigating the software. We tend to have 150 -250 open, active projects at any given time, so they struggle to know which project relates to them and get discouraged by the navigation. Since there are so many ways to use the software, to-dos, conversations, calendars, file browsing, etc. it can become disjointed and unorganized quickly. You really need to stay on top of keeping everything in a manner that cuts down confusion.

• Reviewed on 17/12/2019
Chris N.
Digital COnsultant
  • Reviewed on 2/8/2019

"Organising the mess!"

Comments: There is a distinct before and after Basecamp in our lives. After the implementation, we noticed a distinct improvement, not just in the output, but also in team culture and job satisfaction.
Basecamp helped to clear the mess that project communications were. While we still work a lot of hours, we now streamline it better.

Pros: Centralise all traffic, in-house and with clients.

Cons: It is a single approach to Project Management. The client side could be more developped as well.

• Reviewed on 2/8/2019
Kamila G.
Founder & CEO ¿ Business Coach | Marketing Strategist | Online Training for Coaches & Experts
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 16/1/2019

"Great for client management and projects"

Comments: It helps us keep the communication with clients in one place versus using email which is helpful. I wish they had a free version though. I like the style and branding of the app, but if I wasn't using it for client work I doubt I'd be using it for my own projects.

Pros: - The interface is fun to navigate, it's just pleasant to look at. I like all the little buttons, the way that the check marks are designed, it's fun to comment and check things off. I'm a big nerd when it comes to the actual enjoyment of a platform. The brand is on point.
- I like that you can set up different sections for todo's versus having them all be in place. It's also helpful to have a separate files section and discussions section for things not related to specific to-do's although we do rarely use them with my clients.
- I see they have an option to use Clientside where the client doesn't get to see all the things in Basecamp, and they can still use email primarily when it comes to the communication. I personally don't use this option and we just have the client in their own Basecamp but it's a great option for folks if they don't want their clients IN the actual project.
- It's easy to attach images, write quick comments, and send pings to team members.

Cons: - The price point, it's obviously not a free option like Trello or others and it is the same in terms of quality as those two except for the design and having clients in there.
- It can get confusing for the client. They don't know where to go.
- Sometimes we don't know where to write things, there are too many options for communication and discussion which makes the organization of our conversations a bit trickier to manage.
- I wish it was possible to see a visual representation of the deadlines for each task, like a gantt chart or something. I feel like Asana has more options when it comes to all of that and it's easier to organize things.

• Reviewed on 16/1/2019
Network Control Tech
Defense & Space
  • Reviewed on 10/7/2018

"Using Basecamp has totally changed the way my organization is ran"

Comments: Mostly it saved me tons of time. Everyone can easily see who is doing what without sending so many annoying emails and attending wasteful meetings.

Pros: The three things I love most are the ease of use, how nice it looks, and how useful it is. Basecamp is super simple. It's easy to learn and it allows you to keep all the data you need in easy to navigate locations. There's no searching through folder after folder and file after file for the data you need and the status you want to update. No more needing a bookmark bar full of websites to rummage through. More direct or analytical people may not care (or think they care) about how nice the tools they're using look, but believe me... If you want to get your entire company on board with a NEW product you're going to want it to look good. For better or worse that goes a very long way toward getting people to want to use a product no matter how useful it is. Which brings me to my next point: it's useful! This software has honestly saved us SO much time because we now get to avoid so many status update meetings. I personally only had to attend one status meeting each week and build the slideshow for it, but that alone saved me personally three hours. The rest of our organization spends who knows how many going through those things and Basecamp has fiercely cut back on those. It's awesome.

Cons: The only con I can really come up with is a people issue and not a software issue. No matter how simple, useful, and well designed a piece of software or website is, far too many people are just going to try and ignore it so they don't have to learn something new. Fortunately Basecamp is nice and easy enough that it wasn't a huge problem.

• Reviewed on 10/7/2018
Devora gila B.
Team Coach
Professional Training & Coaching, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 9/3/2018

"Using Basecamp helps me feel "on top of it" and connected to the other team players in the company."

Comments: goal setting, organizing information, communication, connection, team spirit, support, training

Pros: I have suggested Basecamp to others because of the organization, company spirit connection and communication it fosters. The main features we use on Basecamp are the Message Board, ping, Docs and Files.
Message Board allows you to keep themes organized so everyone can be on the same page together and chime in with their opinions and questions, and even enthusiasm. You can upload files here which is super helpful. The applause feature adds to connection and community.
The ping feature is awesome. It keeps a running list of the communication you've had with others. You can choose to ping one or more people. In ping you can also upload files. The automated subject line gives you faster response time than regular emails. With Docs and Files we can upload and store schedules, scripts, recordings, etc. You can sort by name or date created and everything is in front of you.

Cons: Maybe it's just me, but the Docs and Files section can be confusing because everything is there and you do have to look around for what you want. You can use the "find" feature to get at things more quickly but you need to know the keywords. It really needs some management. Basecamp is so effective at bolstering company spirit that during our launches I get notifications all day long. You can turn off the notification feature, but I actually love hearing what other people say and it keeps me engaged. I guess I will have to prioritize how I use my time!

• Reviewed on 9/3/2018
Gerente
  • Reviewed on 14/3/2018

"It is a very collaborative tool, for organizes projects in a simple and effective way. Its effective"

Comments: I have found many benefits when using and implementing this tool in our team: - Speed in my management and organization of projects - Efficiency in the coordination of processes - Security to use it in my mobile device - Real order in our work - Improvement of our routine in internal processes - Improvement in the performance of our equipment - Unification of all the professionals of the company in the same project - For a small company like ours, a great cost - quality ratio - Interaction with our customers - Simple to use even when someone is traveling They have implemented a very useful tool, which is the Daily Progress, very useful to review the events that have taken place in your projects over time Another benefit obtained thanks to the BaseCamp tool is that all our consultants have been able to use it, even people not very adept at the technology, they can use it very efficiently and simply BaseCamp We benefit from the TimeLine of the tool, because we can explain the progress of a project to our clients. The balance of failures and successes are other benefits The support of the platform, in the centralization of processes and communications of our digital projects, has been another of the great benefits obtained since we implemented BaseCamp In our scenario, the creation and dissemination of documents, conversations by messages and the generation of agreements become complicated actions and require an efficient organization system. What do we find in this tool? We benefit from online collaborative work. And it continues to evolve over time The support of the platform, in the centralization of processes and communications of our digital projects, has been another of the great benefits obtained since we implemented BaseCamp In our scenario, the creation and dissemination of documents, conversations by messages and the generation of agreements become complicated actions and require an efficient organization system We benefit from online collaborative work. We have the support that all conversations, requirements and shared files are stored on the platform. In this way we can always endorse the agreements, requests ,deliveries It has facilitated the monitoring of the work and the counting of hours of work of each professional, something very important for the internal management of the projects. In our experience, it has worked so well that it is already. So, Thanks fos that BaseCamp

Pros: I really like the ease of use that this tool has. Practically no more experience or tutorials are needed to learn how to use it. The internal chat is a great advantage, very nice. It is also an excellent option that allows teamwork and solve management problems quickly

Cons: The main disadvantage is that the client must understand the use very well, but generates prizes almost automatically. Especially for the client respect the threads of conversation. Another point against is that the platform only works online, so you can not advance in jobs when there is no connection

• Reviewed on 14/3/2018
Kris M.
DBA
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 3/10/2016

"Collaboration with Continuity"

Comments: Our organization is a non-profit organization serving around 4,700 kids and their families yearly - special fundraising events are counted on to close the funding gap - in fact it's over 10% of our revenue generation. These events have always been labor intensive requiring extra staffing just to keep track of all the planning and details required to make it a success. When we adopted basecamp we were all extremely skeptical - and we planned on having four temps on hand for the final three days, to pickup merchandise, wrap, package and stage the items we would be auctioning off. About four days out we were completely done! We didn't even need the extra help. The ability to collaborate with so many persons despite significant geographical separation, while retaining continuity is just not easy. Not only can the hand not see the foot but it doesn't know how many feet it has to call on - BaseCamp changes everything - we couldn't have been more pleased! Assigning due dates which can be made visible to all - prompted action - people didn't want to seem to be behind schedule (everyone would know). The work got done early. The multiple assignee feature worked like a dispatcher and then next available person got the next available task. And all this was visible to everyone on the team - so if any conflicts arose, you could get on the phone early or what we did most of the time was open a group chat because many times someone on the chat would be local to the problem and able to help more quickly. Growing every year, we would not be able to go back. Works like a charm and I would personally recommend this to any organization for profit or not who wants to track an event to a successful conclusion. Remarkable!

Pros: The visibility into everyone's business - it actually motivates participants to be timely (a huge factor in project collaboration) because everyone can see who is late.

Cons: Lots of emails (which you can adjust I know) but if you want to have everything reported to you - there is no way to get around email notifications.

• Reviewed on 3/10/2016
Heather S.
Creative Director
Food & Beverages, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 4/10/2017

"A great option for small-medium size businesses just starting to use a Project Management Tool"

Pros: I've implemented it at 3 different companies now. You can literally be up and running in 30 minutes. The learning curve is small so it was great for us to implement in a company with multiple locations and staff with different levels of technical abilities. It has helped us move out of communication silos and track project more efficiently. Leadership now has a clearer picture of what it really takes to accomplish something. It integrates with Google Docs which works much better than Word since you don't have to download the Google doc. They have very fast customer support and it's reasonably priced. It's web-based software so it's easy to access from anywhere you have an internet connection and they have a free app for mobile as well. It's funny, the people in our company that I thought would hate it the most and resist using it actually LOVE it the most!

Cons: Version 3 has some added functionality but has lost some of the simplicity because of it. For example, you can now assign multiple people to a ToDo and so each person's headshot shows up next to the ToDo. It's just a little distracting. You're not able to track the STATUS of a To Do (On hold, In progress, etc.) and Time tracking is a 3rd party add-on. I wish that was something you could turn on/off if you needed it. There are many 3rd party add-ons though for various things. I submitted the status thing many times over the years as a feature request but unfortunately it hasn't happened.

• Reviewed on 4/10/2017
Job E.
Web Content Writer
  • Reviewed on 27/6/2018

"Basecamp is a great all-in-one tool for project and team management. It has everything I need."

Comments: It saves time and effort in managing a team. There is no need for separate apps for things like task tracking, scheduling, automatic reminders, and the like. Basecamp is an all-in-one project management tool.

Pros: I liked that Basecamp had everything I might need from a project management software and more. It featured team chat, direct messages, forum-like posting and tracking of tasks, a calendar to set deadlines and schedules, a to-do list, you name it. Basecamp even features its own file server where I can attach and store your company's important files right on the app. No need for an external file hosting server, which would be an additional cost for the company. Having separate areas (or "basecamps" as the app calls it) for different projects makes management less confusing and more straightforward. I can even assign tasks directly to people and set deadlines for them. Team members can know exactly what I need them to do and when they needed to be done. The iOS, Android, and desktop/Mac apps all integrate seamlessly as well. All the user interfaces of all apps are quite user-friendly; I did not have to hunt around for buttons and links that I frequently used.

Cons: There was nothing I disliked about Basecamp, to be quite honest. It was the best project management app I have ever used to date. Though I have no idea about its customer support, since I was not responsible for calling in any support issues. Also I have no idea if the pricing is good enough or too high. I was not the one who purchased this software for the team. Those may be possible things not to like, but I cannot say with certainty.

• Reviewed on 27/6/2018
Kristin P.
Senior Graphic Designer
Graphic Design, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/11/2019

"The lifeblood of our team's project management"

Comments: Basecamp is the home base for all of our projects. It's the easiest way to get feedback from relevant stakeholders all in one place. I can't imagine a world where as a graphic designer, I'm receiving email feedback from marketing, engineering, growth, etc and having to somehow act on all those tasks without a repository for it all. It also keeps us honest on deadlines.

Pros: Basecamp is truly our home base for all things project management. Our project coordinator is the master of entering in all projects, sub-tasks and deadlines (an unenviable task) but it truly is the only way, as a senior designer, to keep a handle on a dozen or more ongoing simultaneous projects. We use it also to get approval on designs by just keeping a long thread going within a project and tagging relevant team leaders. Also love the Tracked plugin for kanban viewing.

Cons: I think the notifications were a bit much. Most mornings I have to sift through several dozen email notices, some for very small things like title change adjustments that our project coordinator had done in the evening hours. The only notifications I really need are someone commenting within a project of mine and someone tagging me.

• Reviewed on 26/11/2019
Brandon S.
Marketing Content Manager
Biotechnology, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/1/2020

"Not a Swiss Army Knife, But Offers Extreme Value"

Comments: I've used Basecamp for more than 10 years and it has worked with me through three different positions in the three different industries. Their onboarding tools and support team offers a lot of immediate help when you need it. I'm definitely an evangelist for this platform.

Pros: Basecamp 3 offers an intuitive platform and interface for project and operational collaboration across a wide distributed team. It's easy to onboard new team members both inside and outside the organization. The flat-rate price is a steal compared to all of its competitors.

Cons: Basecamp does not try to be all things to all people, which is a blessing and a curse. There are dozens of other features offered by other platform that are not offered by Basecamp. So if those features are critical, you may have to turn to one of the API-driven integrations for a separate fee.

• Reviewed on 7/1/2020
Ryan G.
  • Reviewed on 11/11/2020

"Can't Imagine Work Without It"

Comments: Been using Basecamp for years after trying several other different types of software for task management and collaboration. My business relies on Basecamp to stay the course and be efficient.

Pros: Basecamp's user interface is easy on the eyes and simple to use on desktop and mobile. The ability to create individual projects with unique team members is real helpful, and the ability to assign work with due dates. Including people on communications is flexible for the company and the team. Ability to manage notification preferences lets you see what you need to see and not be distracted by unwanted noise.

Cons: There is no one way to do things in Basecamp. You design to workflow and structure of projects and collaboration. This can be difficult for some people who rely on the system to determine how to organize things. With Basecamp, it's up to you.

• Reviewed on 11/11/2020
Thomas S.
co-owner
  • Reviewed on 21/4/2020

"We tried multiple other solutions and came back to Basecamp every time."

Comments: The beauty of Basecamp it that it doesn't try to do everything in a bloated interface.

Pros: Basecamp is extremely easy to use for teams of all experience levels. It handles project and task management extremely well.

Cons: The reason we moved away from Basecamp for a while was to try and find a software suite that could also include our weekly resource allocations (who's working on what project, billable targets, etc.). So while you could say that a lack of time tracking and resource reporting is a negative, it ends up being a positive because it keeps the software clean and purpose oriented. The integration with other purpose-built solutions like Harvest for time tracking is a dynamite combo.

• Reviewed on 21/4/2020
Jordan S.
CTO/Co-Founder
  • Reviewed on 15/8/2019

"Excellent Project Mgmt software"

Comments: I'm tracking my projects through the use of Basecamp and it's very nice to be able to see at a quick glance (for multiple different basecamp projects) what tasks I and my employees need to accomplish. First and foremost that helps to keep my projects on track and ensure I'm keeping my project turnover rate as high as possible.

Pros: I love the ability to set specific 'to-do' items for members of a given basecamp while also having community areas to discuss project objectives or blockages in general. I almost use BaseCamp as an IM tool for quickly asking questions or following through with certain tasks. I also love the desktop alerts from my browser as I don't need to install any stand-alone application to keep up to date on Basecamp happenings.

Cons: Hmm.....tough to say. It's a relatively simple piece of web-based software that VERY efficiently accomplishes it's task. I can't say that there's really anything I dislike about it.

• Reviewed on 15/8/2019
Michael L.
Digital Marketing Strategist
  • Reviewed on 20/12/2020

"Middle of the Road in Every Way"

Comments: You get what you pay for. A perfect, middle-of-the-road project tracking app for smaller (or cheaper) businesses.

Pros: Basecamp is a great tool for basic communication and project tracking--note that I didn't say project management. If your primary goal is to create tasks, assign them, and then have them checked off then this is the app for you. If you're looking for something more sophisticated or robust, this will be a disappointment.

Cons: While the tools they offer are constantly expanding, it's a slow and meandering process. Most of the tools are partially implemented, implemented in such a way that it's not comparable with competitors, or broken in their functionality. It's a glorified project description and checkbox system. Very polished in that particular aspect but rough around every other edge.

• Reviewed on 20/12/2020
Lili C.
Post Wedding Specialist
Photography, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/9/2018

"A fundamental tool for collaboration and team communication"

Comments: Using it to manage all company communications, files, tasks, and calendars.

Pros: Among the many tools that feel just natural to use after a while, the one I couldn't live without is the progress screen (which allow me to see my progress, a user's, or everyone's), the shared tasks and calendar functions, and the custom e-mail notifications. I have set up a number of special notifications so that I am informed whenever an update on a specific project happens, and I don't have to be checking in constantly or reading unnecessary information. This is more of a permanent database for all of our team's updates, while we use Slack to communicate in a more immediate fashion. Both tools have virtually replaced e-mail, and whenever we do use it, it gets forwarded through filters to Basecamp, so it's not really necessary as a tool per se. This definitely saves us a bunch of time.

Cons: It is not the cheapest of tools, but if you balance out everything you are getting for the price, it is worth it. I wish it would have more integration with other tools, or invoicing capabilities, but I understand it is not meant as a CRM although in many ways it can be used as such. Other than that, I don't have many dislikes as I have grown used to the interphase and it has been really helpful for our team so far.

• Reviewed on 7/9/2018
Kristie B.
Managing Director
Marketing & Advertising, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/12/2020

"A change in the rules of the game in our favor when making all kinds of investments"

Comments: This portal has provided a different and attractive point of view of what it means to make investments, it makes the process dynamic and they have always provided useful details to give us a good orientation and have a clear idea when making investments. Since Robinhood has been used, it has represented much less loss than gain because of the role it plays in our investment decision-making, which is a powerful profit made. Providing a very intuitive and navigable site, it is useful for making investments even for beginners, as the guidance and details provided in real time of the day-to-day options that exist in the marketplace are very helpful.

Pros: There are several reasons why I liked Robinhood so much, firstly its user interface is quite simple and friendly, it is not difficult to navigate in it, on the other hand it provides useful and real time data and statistics to evaluate and make investments to expand income. I can determine when and where it is a good idea to invest, it also provides useful data and statistics of the reality of the stocks I already have to have an idea of when it might be viable to sell to avoid losses.

Cons: So far I have not found anything that I dislike using this resource, however it has a wide margin of improvement in their analysis, could be more detailed in terms of purchases, sales, profits, losses, withdrawals in the time since we started using it.

• Reviewed on 21/12/2020
Kumar avinash S.
Digital Marketing Assistant Manager
  • Reviewed on 23/6/2019

"Awesome Team & Project Management Software"

Comments: I am using this software from the last 4 years. I worked on this software in my previous company and now currently using in the current organization too. So, my overall experience with this software is amazing. I use this software for client handling and team management. We can create projects, upload unlimited documents and can access from anywhere using the internet. Easy to use and easy to learn, not require any training for the basecamp. If you are an entrepreneur or running a big organization, Basecamp will be the best project & team management software for you.

Pros: We can create separate multiple projects lists and assigned the projects to any team members & clients too.
Easy to use and can navigate from any location. To-dos is the best feature, where we can assign a task for projects and basecamp remind us of the completion date of the task. We can upload unlimited files and format doesn't matter. All file formats acceptable. The best feature is overdue to-dos & upcoming dates, where we can track our assigned project's task. Best platform for communication with team members through ping feature individually & in the group.

Cons: Quite honestly, nothing more I dislike in this software. Only, Little bit issue with uploading the files. Need to add more graphical features in project lists and we can not install Version Basecamp 3 in an old smartphone.

• Reviewed on 23/6/2019
Lindsey G.
Web/UX Designer
Graphic Design, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/12/2018

"Intuitive and Organized"

Comments: Basecamp has easily made my project workflow insanely more organized. There is no doubt that this is a necessary tool in day-to-day communications if you're working on more than one project at a time, with different people on each of those projects. Larger organizations will greatly benefit from a tool like this, that keeps record of communications internally and externally, as well as a place for documentation to live relate to the project, and easily create to-do lists and assign content to individuals. Definitely a dream-tool for my industry.

Pros: I love that they keep evolving the platform. I have been using Basecamp since the first launch, and as the needs of users evolve, Basecamp is always trying to keep on pace with that. Its clean and organized, and I love the ability to have client facing versus internal communications all contained within one platform.

Cons: I still think, organizationally, Basecamp could use a little boost. The naming for some of the features within Basecamp isn't consistent with industry standards, therefore making some of the items overlooked within the platform that could be more useful. Some of the options are very underutilized within my organization because nobody quite understands how to use it. There could definitely be a much better on-boarding process for new users, and when updates are made.

• Reviewed on 12/12/2018
Joel N.
Data Analyst
Information Technology & Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/5/2019

"Basecamp Review - Your Online Project Management Partner"

Comments: Project management needs teamwork and clarity and Basecamp offers you a key solution. It's an amazing tool that does not require you to be tech-savvy to get around it. It is very user-friendly and puts everything into place.

Pros: With an intuitive interface, anyone with just about any technological skill can get by with this tool. Basecamp puts everything into place. This is the tool that has a place for everything to ensure you stay organized and on course. For any project you're working on, you will be able to monitor all activities in several ways: project, time and person. It's internal chat is a major highlight. It majorly facilitates teamwork. If there's a problem, everyone can chime in and give an input leading to quick problem solving. Also, you can record every step taken towards solving a problem or handling a project for future reference. Note that it details pretty much everything including project assignee or a team member who may have made changes at a given time. It is incredibly a time saver especially for projects that run on numerous status meetings. In essence, communication is way simpler with this tool and it's just a click of a button to update everyone. When working on any given project, you can limit access to the project by choosing who gets to see it. This again helps with organization and clarity. At any given time, teams will always know what they are working on and get updated whenever there are changes.

Cons: Occasionally, it's drag and drop feature can be a pain on the neck. You can experience some trouble integrating HubSpot. Also, there's lots and lots of email notifications.

• Reviewed on 24/5/2019
Contributing Editor/ Writer
  • Reviewed on 7/12/2018

"A very easy to use and efficient project and team management program"

Comments: The experience with Basecamp was great because it was the last piece we needed to fully accommodate remote workers. Project management and team management of remote workers has never been easier because it allowed us to effectively organize and assign people per project, track time, communicate with people directly in the project they're working on, and mark off completed tasks so everyone can see project progress. All in one place too, can't beat that.

Pros: The features are great, and Basecamp certainly makes it easier to communicate and pivot between multiple projects and teams simultaneously. I also think the chat and communication functions are great because I can easily shift away from groups to email someone privately. Overall I think it categorizes and organizes projects in such an easy to read interface that it quickly became a go-to program for us.

Cons: One of the drawbacks to using Basecamp is getting buy-in for it from clients. For people who are not familiar with the program, it can look like The Matrix. Whether it's navigating the dashboard or the email system, clients always seemed to have an issue with Basecamp in some way or another. The issue as I can see it is that it's a program for people who are technically savvy, at least to see the value in it.

• Reviewed on 7/12/2018