• Overall
    4.4 /5
    4.2 /5
    4.2 /5

About HotSchedules

Transform your scheduling process with the industry's most widely adopted forecasting, scheduling and communications tool.

Learn more about HotSchedules

Food & Beverages, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/3/2020

"Great tool to schedule your employees"

Comments: Using for 7 years and if they would not keep changing the format I could say I love it. Anyhow it is great app for managers, easy quick access to employees list, phone numbers, emails and etc.

Pros: I'm doing schedules for my employees weekly and this app has few great features. Coping, modifying and automatically feeling schedules are only few of them.

Cons: Constantly changing the format. Right after I'm used to one they changing it again.

• Reviewed on 18/3/2020
Anna W.
Employee
Restaurants, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 1/4/2021

"Great website"

Pros: This has been the easiest program I have ever used for scheduling. It makes it so easy to view the whole shift!

Cons: I have not experienced any problems! It runs smoothly, and it is easy to navigate!

• Reviewed on 1/4/2021
Eric F.
Kitchen Manager
  • Reviewed on 10/3/2020

"Restaurant Must have"

Comments: As a former manager at a Texas Roadhouse, I was familiar with this software, and eager to bring it to my new venture. It immediately eliminated the use of paper schedules, and the chaos of employees switching shifts without making management aware. This increased both labor costs, and morale.

Pros: It’s easy to use, built for high volume restaurants. I took a restaurant that was still relying on paper, emailed schedules, and converted them to Bot Schedules. This eliminated issues of shift coverage changes, where we expected one employee, but another showed up, and all the associated communication issues.

Cons: It was much more difficult to order and install that I previously remember. Customer service in the sales department was definitely lacking just a touch. Once we got the ball rolling it was fine, but the initial sale was a bit rocky to start.

• Reviewed on 10/3/2020
Paulina S.
Costumer service
  • Reviewed on 25/5/2020

"Much better then paper schedule"

Comments: Very positive experience. Made my schedule less chaotic and gives me options to control my work days and days off much better without having to deal with manger directly lol

Pros: Having a restaurant job means cheotic schedule. It's never the same. Impossible to keep up with and memorize. My last job had hot schedules but my new job doesn't:/ it's a nightmare without it. I miss it so much. It is so convenient to pick up and realise shifts whenever I please. No need to call or txt my co workers. Everything is done thru the app. App is not free but cheap and worth every single penny. I love that I can request days off and my ability. Super convenient. You have to wait for manager to approve or not of your request. I can see who my co workers will be for the shift. I can see all phone numbers and emails of my co workers. Every restaurant should have this app. It's very easy as well so even my 70 year old co worker knows how to use it. Very well done .

Cons: Sometimes I get loged out and have trouble logging back in. It froze few times. Could use more color and some fun options like emoji me lol make work schedule more fun

• Reviewed on 25/5/2020
Diandra D.
server
Restaurants, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/5/2019

"Great scheduling ap"

Comments: One of the best scheduling websites I've ever seen or used.

Pros: As a user, I love how easy this product is. You can view your schedule, see who else is working, and swap and release shifts without an issue. It has an easy to use web browser, and mobile ap (although you do pay for it) so you can use hotschedules whichever way you prefer. It also has a great messaging system which allows you to message entire groups of people at once (management, kitchen, servers). It also tells you how many people are ahead of you on a wait list for a shift you picked up. The autopick up function is excellent as well for when you need to get a shift and non are available.

Cons: I am not a fan of the most recent update. Prior, you would be able to "see all schedule" and see the entire week, alphabetically, where everyone was working etc. Now however, you can't see the weekly schedule at once and you need to click day by day. This can be challenging when trying to swap shifts with other staff, or see others schedules.

• Reviewed on 16/5/2019
Rebekah D.
Administrative Directors
Restaurants, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/9/2020

"Great Features"

Comments: It's been very useful and helpful in managing scheduling. The pros definitely outweigh the cons!

Pros: We use HotSchedules mainly for scheduling and messaging the team (direct messages, broadcasts). The scheduling features are great - we especially love that team members can swap and pick up shifts on their own, that saves us a lot of time. And the broadcast messages are great for getting important information out - everyone looks at their schedule, so everyone sees the broadcasts.

Cons: The website and app are very slow to use. Creating the schedule can be a pain as the interface is very slow, and the app will load for several seconds between each page while navigating. This can lead to some frustration.

• Reviewed on 22/9/2020
Operations
  • Reviewed on 24/7/2018

"Makes a restaurant run"

Comments: Internal communications and schedule notifications to a distributed workforce.

Pros: Hotschedules makes schedule creation and updates ridiculously easy. Not only can you input the schedules you need covered to receive optimization suggestions, but once you post the schedules, you don't have to track down your staff to inform them of their schedules.

Cons: When I utilizied Hotschedules my employees were not able to input one-off requests or identify preferred shifts, limiting the efficacy of the schedule optimization features. There was also not an option to send internal communication notes to management emails so there was no way to verify when management was reading the information.

• Reviewed on 24/7/2018
Michael B.
  • Reviewed on 25/7/2018

"Hot Schedules is easy to use and they have great customer support."

Comments: The opportunity to review a company that I use everyday. This is a more professional way of reviewing a company to help them to know what they are doing right and to possibly fix what they are doing wrong.

Pros: Ease of scheduling . We use the messaging every night to update all on how the day went. If there are any questions their customer support is easy to get a hold of and the problem has been fixed before hanging up. We like employees hour's tracking to keep everyone at or below 40 hours a week.

Cons: I don't like having to sign in everytime I want to use it. We would like to connect this to our POS system to have other tracking capabilities but there are additional fees for that.

• Reviewed on 25/7/2018
Tiara H.
Server
Hospitality, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/11/2019

"All in one scheduler and social exchange"

Pros: Users can be grouped into categories based on department, allowing for effective communication without clutter. Also users' title and contact information is kept in a master directory readily available to other users. Another great feature is push notifications regarding company announcements, published schedules, and schedule changes. No need to constantly check the app for changes.

Cons: There is no free version of the app, which could be problematic for some employees. Although not expensive, some users don't like to pay for an app to view their schedule.

• Reviewed on 13/11/2019
Ashley M.
Program Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 21/6/2018

"I used HotSchedules when I was a server in college."

Pros: I absolutely loved HotSchedules!!! It was so easy to use, and so convenient to see my schedule in real time! It was also great to be able to send messages back and forth with other employees or mass emails for shift coverage. HotSchedules made my life as a server SO much easier and convenient!

Cons: There isn't much to complain about with HotSchedules. If I was going to suggest any change, it would maybe be to spruce it up a bit so it's a little more colorful. My schedule and messages were always in grey and black. Color isn't necessary, but it is a little more appealing.

• Reviewed on 21/6/2018
Assistant Event Coordinator
Food & Beverages
  • Reviewed on 21/2/2018

"We utilize this program for our Catering company as a means to schedule & interact"

Pros: Ability to not only schedule/message in-house full time staff, but keep a running log of single event staffing as well. As a catering company you have many bodies you must manage, especially when an individual only works one event for you and that's it. With HotSchedules we're able to tabulate this into our weekly labor costs and it gives the functionality to forecast.

Cons: It's sometimes very complicated to use. You don't always know where to go for what you need and the customer service can be a little tricky to navigate- you don't always hear back from them or they're tough to reach. That being said when you do get a human- they're very knowledgeable and can help you out 100%.

• Reviewed on 21/2/2018
Ben A.
GM
Restaurants, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 3/10/2019

"Hot schedules"

Comments: Customer service is good. Not a fan of them implementing new things like “rate your shift” which nobody used. They made me contact one of the owners to turn this feature off. That was ridiculous.

Pros: The software itself is easy to navigate. The customer support is good and quick to access. Generally solve my issues quickly.

Cons: The actual scheduling of employees is difficult, I have to write the schedule down on paper EVERY week so I can truly see what the schedule looks like.

• Reviewed on 3/10/2019
Niklaus K.
Human Resources Manager
Food & Beverages, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 1/12/2018

"Love HotSchedules"

Comments: I've been using HotSchedules for several years and I couldn't imagine running a restaurant without it.

Pros: Scheduling, messaging, and forecasting have never been easier! If you own a restaurant, you need this.

Cons: Customer service used to be excellent, but lately, it hasn't been good at all. I went from a 2 minute wait to talk to 6+ hours to get a callback—usually by the time I'm home. I'm confident they're just going through some changes and it will be back to the high standard.

• Reviewed on 1/12/2018
Leigh L.
Project Manager / Entrepreneur
Building Materials, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/10/2018

"Whatever happened to Schedulefly?"

Comments: Online scheduling and shift trading is ideal when your staff is young. If you run a business where you employ teens, I strongly advise getting it.

Pros: I like that your staff can add shifts, swap shifts, put a shift up for grabs, request days off, etc. I like that you can tweak it to require management approval for these things. I like the entire idea of scheduling this way, particularly in a restaurant setting.

Cons: The cost. Ridiculous. I should not be required to tell my employees they have to pay for an app to have these features. I would've much preferred ScheduleFly. Such a better deal for the employees.

• Reviewed on 26/10/2018
Michael G.
Brand General Manager
  • Reviewed on 25/1/2018

"Good software, they are continually developing and improving. Definitely great for scheduling"

Comments: Allowed me to spend less time scheduling and communicating with staff. More organization on notes and employee files

Pros: Great for scheduling and staff communication. Makes handling a large staff easy. Logbook is great for communication on all issues with mangers and staff, even starting to use it to track our hr.

Cons: Want to see the inventory system improve as well as better ease of use across multiple venues other than that continue to grow and develop

• Reviewed on 25/1/2018
Javon A.
General Manager
Restaurants, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/1/2019

"HotSchedules -JA"

Comments: We use Hotschedules to facilitate an easy to read schedule for our Crewmembers and Managers. It integrates company initiatives and has revolutionized the way we produce schedules.

Pros: I love Hotschedules functionality and ability to adapt to its Customers' needs. I have seen the evolution of Hotschedules over the years and the product continues to not disappoint.

Cons: The smoothness of the software through the use of a browser.

• Reviewed on 19/1/2019
Anne B.
Data Analyst
51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/2/2019

"Used when I was working in a restaurant"

Pros: I think hot schedules was especially beneficial to the restaurant life as it allowed for real time shift changes, picking up shifts or switching shifts with someone. It also allowed me to message my managers directly.

Cons: I think the only con would be the processing time between requests that only allows for certain people to approve requests for changes.

• Reviewed on 25/2/2019
Jason C.
D.O.
Restaurants, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/9/2019

"All in one restaurant management solutions"

Comments: It has been a great asset to have for our operations teams.

Pros: Love the scheduler, the hiring platform, the redbook shift log notes. All in all a superior product that is constantly getting better and evolving.

Cons: I have used this software for over 10 years. It is a great solution to almost every restaurant need.

• Reviewed on 10/9/2019
Heather W.
Service Manager
Food & Beverages, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/3/2020

"The BEST scheduling software...period."

Pros: Hotschedules is honestly the best scheduling program I have ever used. There are SO many useful tools! You can pull up metrics based on yearly trends, make notes on why staffing is up/down for the period, and make minute adjustments based on every factor you could possibly think of. You can also use it as a communication tool for both individual and mass communication.
I genuinely LOVE this program, and would highly recommend it! You'll never go back to another program.

Cons: It takes a little while to learn how to use it effectively, but I promise that once you do, you'll find it pretty easy!

• Reviewed on 6/3/2020
Bamber G.
Owner/General Manager
  • Reviewed on 31/1/2017

"Saves Time!"

Comments: Overall I love HotSchedules. I would love to have it integrated with my POS system, which I think my franchise is working on. The other option I would like is for my staff to be able to put in how many hours they would like to work and then when I'm scheduling I would be able to see those wanted hours.

Pros: The many hours it has saved me!

Cons: Would like to be able to see how many hours each of my staff members want to work

by HotSchedules on 21/2/2017

Bamber,

We know you're very busy, so thank you for taking time out of your day to provide us feedback.

If you have any specific suggestions for product enhancements, please do not hesitate to voice your thoughts on our community forum page!

Happy Scheduling!

• Reviewed on 31/1/2017
Stephanie A.
Loan Clerk
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/5/2018

"Great option for EVERY Restaurant business!"

Comments: All around great product to use in a restaurant with many shifts and employees.

Pros: I loved the feature of swapping shifts with other coworkers. It was very user friendly and provided great solutions for when I was a server at a very busy restaurant.

Cons: I don't remember there being very many cons to this system. I do, however remember getting a lot of notifications on my cell phone which is something each individual user can change on the features of the app on their phone.

• Reviewed on 24/5/2018
Amanda F.
Assistant manager
  • Reviewed on 25/10/2019

"Easy to use"

Comments: I use HotSchedules every day to clock in check my hours request off or figure house much my check might be I love and can do it all from my phone

Pros: I love that we are able to request off using just our phones plus able to keep up with our times and pay it describes every detail on how much u make in a day

Cons: They only thing I can think of is that u can fix the employees time until the end of there shift for the day and it's not to much trouble because it's still better then what we had

• Reviewed on 25/10/2019
Simon I.
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 3/2/2017

"Great Tool to monitor employee time and more!"

Comments: We have been using hot schedules for 6 months now, I can tell by experience it has improved the way our we communicate with our employees and the way we control absences and schedules. The first thing we realized was a better flow of the time management process and decreasing on the late arrivals! It can be accessed by any of our employees any time, so they are always aware of changes because of a seamless email workflow. In resume is an effective and easy to use tool.

Pros: The control on the time, schedule replication, authorization and roles.

by HotSchedules on 21/2/2017

Simon,

Thank you so much for the great review! We love to serve those who serve and are happy to help your business run more efficiently. We appreciate your role in our community.

Happy Scheduling!

• Reviewed on 3/2/2017
Alainna B.
Student Organization Officer
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/3/2019

"HotSchedules eliminates any excuse for missing shifts!"

Comments: HotSchedules is the only scheduling software I've seen that meets the needs of the many workplaces I've been a part of!

Pros: I have found that HotSchedules solves the ever-present problem in any workplace: "I didn't know I was scheduled!" Even when employees swap shifts or take another employee's shift, the software shows them that they maintain ownership of their originally assigned shifts until manager approval.

Cons: The fact that users have to pay to download the app on their smartphones is challenging. Although the workplace pays for the software, employees have to pay to get the software on their cellphones. This problem is compounded by the fact that the website doesn't have a very interactive design, much unlike the app, so employees often have to get the app to have a decent experience using HotSchedules.

by HotSchedules on 3/4/2019

Thank you for the review Alainna, really appreciate you taking the time. Please don't hesitate to reach out to Customer Care with any questions or issues you may have down the road.

• Reviewed on 26/3/2019
Jenny H.
Waitress
  • Reviewed on 20/7/2018

"Used it for getting my schedule for work, waiting tables"

Pros: The interface was nice, I liked that I could see any notes or positions that I was scheduled for. It was easy to switch shifts with others.

Cons: Bugs, glitches, while rare, were very disruptive to everyday life, as this is how many of my co-workers and I communicated

• Reviewed on 20/7/2018