15 years helping Irish businesses

About OrangeHRM

Looking for a flexible HR solution? We offer a modular solution that grows with you. Join our global community of 5 million+ users!

Learn more about OrangeHRM

Pros:

I think the user-experience is above average and it's easy enough to navigate the platform.

Cons:

So it requires some time if you want to do any change. That's my only complain regarding the software.

OrangeHRM ratings

4.0
3.8
3.9
4.0

7.9/10

OrangeHRM has an overall rating of 4.2 out 5 stars based on 187 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used OrangeHRM before?

Vinoojan
Vinoojan
Implementation engineer in Sri Lanka
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Good for small scale project managment companies

Comments: This one solved our basic need for Applying leave and Time sheets.With the limitations we are using this for long.

Pros:

Very user friendly and we can have all the basic details of us and even with trial version they are providing Check in out to capture attendance also can apply leave to get approval.Can view all the employee details and can update our qualifications,etc. Time sheets functionalities are there. you can track project and task with employee or subordinates.

Cons:

There is no functionalities to track employees movement like promotions, increment,etc.Also Time sheets are there but can't assign to a particular person. Can only add to the project

5 years ago

Hi Vinoojan, thank-you for your review. The missing features you describe are available in all our product versions. Would you be willing to speak with a sales representative from our team, who could bring you through a quick demo and ensure you get the most value from the system?

Alexia
Human Resource Officer in Jamaica
Financial Services, 11–50 Employees

Simplifying HR and Performance Reporting

Comments: In my experience, I have encountered minimal issues while using the application. However, whenever I reported any concerns, the support team responded promptly and provided swift resolutions. Thanks to OHRM, the reporting process has become significantly easier and more streamlined. Without hesitation, I highly recommend utilizing this invaluable tool.

Pros:

OHRM has proven to be an exceptionally user-friendly and efficient tool for our team since its adoption in 2021. Its various modules, including Time & Attendance, Performance, and HR Management, have been instrumental in managing personnel data and facilitating the preparation of monthly performance reports. The application grants us easy access to performance reports and employee data, allowing us to filter and retrieve the information we require seamlessly.

Cons:

I would appreciate having additional access to other modules within the scheduled report section, particularly performance and time & attendance.

Ishara
Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer in Sri Lanka
Information Technology & Services, 201–500 Employees

Very good alternative for JIRA

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall all the things are good for now.

Pros:

User interfaces are very user friendly. Price is reasonable.

Cons:

Don't have anything to report about Orange HRM.

Melea
COO in US
Internet, 51–200 Employees

Overpromised in every way

Comments: We feel like we've wasted a year of resources trying to make it work. Complaints fall on uncaring and slow to respond ears. There are some great features in OrangeHRM, but not much attention is given to the essentials. We are walking away before our 1 year contract is up.

Pros:

OrangeHRM offers an on premise option if you prefer to keep your data in house. The mobile interface is nice and easy to use.

Cons:

We were promised features that do not exist. It is difficult to use the system for timecard tracking. With the paid version we are only able to export timecards by person rather than in a batch for everyone. Employees are frustrated trying to track their hours throughout the week. There is no easy way to see how many hours you've clocked and holiday and PTO hours do not show in totals. Employees that work overnight have incorrect totals. Support is very slow to respond. We feel mislead about how easy it would be to integrate with our payroll provider. We are a​ small company with about 70 employees and no desire to export 70 files each payroll.

Obert
COO in Zimbabwe
Food Production, 501–1,000 Employees

ORange HRM Review

Comments: Seamless in terms of challenges, a very good product

Pros:

Performance Management, Leave Management

Cons:

None, the system met our requirements, the issue turnaround was excellent

nuwan
nuwan
Quality Assurance in Sri Lanka
, 11–50 Employees

Manage & track the human activities to improve the efficiency & involvement of the company HRM.

Comments: I'm able to track my day to day activities by using the system.

Pros:

1. Can track the checking in time & checkout time of the employers. 2. Employers can apply the leaves & management can approve the leaves immediately. 3. Can maintain employers detail profile. 4. Can integrate with the fingerprint machines. 5. The system receives the emails both employees & management.

Cons:

1. There have some small bugs like When you add check in & check out manually through the system sometimes it not save at once. The user has to re-enter the information again.

Agnola
VP Human Resources in St Kitts & Nevis
Banking, 11–50 Employees

Employee Management made simpler with OrangeHRM

Comments: Great so far, no issues to report at this time.

Pros:

Ease of use and customer service. Employee matters are accessible and can be transferred from within the OrangeHRM system.

Cons:

Have not discovered that yet. So far, the system has what is needed to adequately track our staff information.

Alexander
Operations Director in Barbados
Retail, 51–200 Employees

OrangeHRM Small/Medium sized entity

Pros:

Ease of use, great team that are extremely helpful and responsive when we have issues, Tailored aspects that are unique to our organization.

Cons:

They're are costs associated with every aspect of the software, this is something that allows you to tailor your own needs. however, it also means that we have to find more money to use these additional features.

7 months ago

Hi Alexander, Thank you for the review. Your feedback is most valuable to us in enhancing the OrangeHRM experience.

Bernard
Bernard
Project Manager in Kenya
Events Services, 11–50 Employees

Among the best Human resource management software

Comments: This software is very comprehensive and includes all employee records including leaves, performance and even time sheets. Highly recommended to any HR managers

Pros:

The interface is very user friendly and minimal amount of training is required to get a hang on how to use the software.

Cons:

The release is not very stable and sometimes crashing may occur. The customer support team may also delay when responding to issues.

Suzette
Group Payroll and Benefits Manager in Jamaica
Consumer Goods, 51–200 Employees

Seeking to improve the quality of the service on offer.

Comments: Moving from a paper based to a computer base system.

Pros:

Leave features which include it allowing you to assign supervisors and having supervising being able to approve online.

Cons:

It's inability to cut off leave taken at a given time, for instance, I would like a report as at Sept 30, 2023, if employees apply for leave beyond this period I have to manually remove the leave not yet taken otherwise it would include same. The leave balance would understated as a result.

Maria
Director of HR, Benefits & Administration in US

A Cloud Based HRM Application We Could Not Do Without

Comments: We researched several HRM applications at the time we decided to transition away from our prior system. We weighed all options and made the decision to go with OrangeHRM. Pros: o Excellent customer support
o Very easy and functional report generator application for ad-hoc reporting
o Easy to use timesheet tracking built as module within the system
o Leave tracking seemed to happen effortlessly
o Extremely user friendly, pleasant interface both for staff and the company
o Easy custom fields in addition to more complex customization options
o Recruitment module
o Performance Module for annual and 6 month new hire reviews
o Very knowledgeable and helpful sales contact
o Easy and intuitive navigation within the system
o Fantastic training
o Will soon have mobile application of their cloud-based software
o Company is very open to client feedback
o The portal is customized with your logo and colors so it has your branding
Cons o It's hard to think of a con realistically, as if there is anything that we need to be done with the system, we know it can be addressed. The defaults may not be what we'd always like, but it's fine as we can modify it to meet out needs. So what may start out as a 'con' in this area turns into a 'pro' as in the end you have the system you'd like to have. o There is no integration with outside applications (i.e., payroll). This is not a con for us as we have no need for this - but for some companies seeking this, it is not part of this application's functionality. OrangeHRM doesn't try to be all things to all people like some HRM systems - which then end up being costly and much more complicated - but they have developed a solid HRM system with a very easy user interface for those companies looking for this. I would highly recommend at least exploring this solution when researching HRM options. This has been a fantastic decision for our company.

Shoshana
Senior Human Resource Officer in Jamaica
Banking, 51–200 Employees

Greatest HR Ptatform

Pros:

The approval system is the most impactful. Once a request is sent, the supervisors get a notification immediately which makes the work flows seamlessly. I love the reporting feature, as I can do a report on basically anything based on the information that has been inputted.

Cons:

I havent found any issues since I've been using. The maintenance team is annoyingly good at what they do.

Royce
IT Consultant in US
Used the Software for: Not provided

Simple and Complete HR Solution.

Comments: When in need for a specialized software in the work place and on a tight budget for SMB practices FLOSS software usually is my first avenue of exploration. Working as an IT consulting company for multiple vet clinics we were in need of a simple hr/time recording system that could be deployed within minutes and easy to maintain; something we found in OrangeHRM. We primarily use OrangHRM 3.1.1 for time sheets, attendance records and employee information. The ease of use for logging hours and pulling reports is dead simple and is easy to work with. Pros:
- Easy install with multiple options and documentation available
- Open source with options of paid support and hosting options
- Consistent performance
- Ease of use
Cons:
- Data backup is not built into the product (documentation for manual database backup/restoration available on forums)
- Software updates are not performed from web console/gui
- Feature sets limited to which product version utilized (most FLOSS products do this)
- Reporting functions leave room to be desired
Overall OrangeHRM is a fantastic product that can be easily deployed and setup within hours. With it's simple interface and user experience your office setups can greatly benefit from utilizing OrangeHRM. Keep in mind that if you are not paying for the hosted version/support you will need to take steps to ensure data backup policies and staying up to date with the software. Though this process is not difficult it is cumbersome and should be considered when weighing the costs and benefits in your decision making process.

Kathy
Content Strategies in India

Very good software for small and medium-size businesses

Comments: It is very cost effective and hassle-free software. Easy to manage for both admin and user. In one word great app.

Pros:

The attendance management is most attractive part of this software. Just log in to the software and it will record your attendance automatically. Integrate your CRM here too.

Cons:

Well, I'm still working on that. I'll update here once I come across with anything. As of now didn't find out any.

Elroy
Internal Auditor in Jamaica
Higher Education, 1,001–5,000 Employees

HR master

Pros:

Its easy to use and very user friendly. I love the fact that it has a good audit trail which can be used to hold persons accountable. The training module is perfect in an continuous professional development driven environment. Its easy to schedule training for each employee and updating the question bank is very easy.

Cons:

I wish more of the modules were cheaper or free depending on the number of employees.

Nemo
Nemo
HR Manager in Canada
Management Consulting

Best HR Software I've ever used, and I've used them all.

Comments: The value for what you get is amazing. It's extremely user-friendly (especially their new "eagle" version 6.1.) the functions is similar to your top-tier HRMS but the price was a fraction. I highly recommend it

Pros:

Top-Tier HR software functionality with the fraction of the price of top tier hr software.

Cons:

None.

Andrew
IT Manager in Uganda
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 51–200 Employees

Very good Human Resource Software

Comments: Very perfect solution and I really love it.

Pros:

It's very easy to use. The interface is on point

Cons:

There's a module I wanted but didn't see it.

4 years ago

Thank you for the review, Can we know what is the module that you looking for ?

Desmond
Systems Administrator in Zimbabwe
Packaging & Containers, 51–200 Employees

Human Capital Management on your fingertips!

Pros:

OrangeHRM makes it possible for the management of human capital within an organisation. I like that the software comes with functionalities such as attendance management, performance tracking and many more.

Cons:

I would have loved the software to have a built in payroll module.

Kateřina
Study Coordinator in Czechia
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001–5,000 Employees

OrangeHRM Review

Pros:

OrangeHRM is very easy to use even for unexperienced users. It provides the possibilities to customize the interface. I appreciate that it also offers mobile app, which makes it easy to work with the program from my phone.

Cons:

It is good tool for smaller companies but it may not be suitable for larger companies with more complex HR requirements.

yang
IT Engineer in China
Computer Software, 501–1,000 Employees

OrangeHRM is a good product

Comments: It solve our leave issue.

Pros:

it has what we need so far in hrm and the leave function is the major function. report function running well too.

Cons:

there is no overtime apply function so we have to using email to do that workflow. I hope it have in future.

Pete
HR Manager in Canada
Telecommunications

OrangeHRM - Great Product!

Pros:

Very intuitive, easy to use, and applies the principles of "keep it simple" to HR processes. Leave and Recruitment modules are very good. Great value for the investment involved.

Cons:

I can't think of anything - the support I have received (I am a long-time user) has been excellent!

Valerio
Director in Dominican Republic
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Human Resources Software for 90% of companies

Comments: We are a small company; However, OrangeHRM has helped us with our human resources tasks in a simple way and avoiding long hours of learning and implementation

Pros:

It is intuitive software, with all the basic options that a human resources department may need. It has modules that we use frequently as the Recruitment module and Time Attendance.

Cons:

For us this software covers all our needs; However, our human resources team is located in a spanish speaking country. The software translation is not good enough; but we have still adapted ourselves to use it

Hospitality, 51–200 Employees

Easy to use but not a lot of features available

Comments: A good platform that does it's job but it could use some improvement, especially on the UI part.

Pros:

It has the basic features and it's simple and easy to use.

Cons:

I didn't like the old user interface and I didn't like the fact that it didn't have a lot of options or features to use in your account. I would've liked to be more customizable.

Meredith
Admissions Manager in US

Great HR system!

Pros:

OrangeHRM is a great open source system. It's easy to use and simple. It's perfect for a start-up company.

Cons:

The customer service is the only draw back I've seen so far. Otherwise, it's not very fancy as far as HR systems go, which in and of itself can be a good thing.

Airlines/Aviation, 11–50 Employees

Good HRM

Comments: We use OrangeHRM for our HR needs

Pros:

I like that the software allows you to use all of the HR features in one place, it is very convenient and saves time.

Cons:

It was not easy to start using the platform as it is not much intuitive. Also customer support sometimes does not reply very quickly.