QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Reviews

4.5 (19,899) Write a Review!

About QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

The leading accounting software for small businesses. Instant access to customer, vendor and employee information.

Learn more about QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Pros:

Easy to navigate through. Amazing technical support, inexpensive, and it has such seamless integrations.

Cons:

Difficult to explore through the various bundles. Was charged 20$ and needed to experience a cycle where they input .01 into my record - which was redundant.

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise ratings

4.3
4.1
4.4
4.3

8.4/10

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 19,899 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise before?

Filter reviews (19,899)

Sarah
Sarah
Freelance Writer in US

Accounting software your clients will trust

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Although it was little hefty cost-wise for what we were wanting to spend, Quickbooks Desktop Enterprise is one most robust accounting software options on the market. The effortless, trustworthy client-end integrations and the helpful customer support make this account software a worthwhile addition to any contractor's toolbox.

Pros:

Quickbooks Desktop Enterprise provided visibility and reliability to our financials that enabled our company to make the best decisions in the shortest amount of time. The Advanced Reporting features were our favorite with this software, especially the estimates vs actual and "work in progress" reports. It's also been a really easy and efficient way to manage client payment because it provides email templates pre-drafted for each project with a link for the client to just "click and pay". Eliminating the need for third party emails, even something as simple as gmail or yahoo, in a professional and timely manner that the clients trust was also one of our favorite aspects.

Cons:

The software wasn't difficult to use but it was a little "cumbersome" looking initially and while the dashboard helped organizing our needs up front somewhat, it still wasn't quite as seamless of an integration as we were hoping for.

Constantine
Technical Director in Greece
Maritime, 1,001-5,000 Employees

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise: Comprehensive Accounting Solution

5.0 last week New

Comments: Overall, QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise is a great accounting solution for businesses of any size. The software provides a comprehensive set of features and the user interface is easy to use, making it a great choice for businesses that need a powerful accounting software.

Pros:

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise provides an incredibly comprehensive accounting solution that simplifies the process of tracking expenses and revenues, managing payroll and taxes, and more. The user interface is straightforward and easy to use, making it ideal for businesses of any size. The software also offers strong reporting capabilities, allowing users to quickly generate financial statements and other reports.

Cons:

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise can be a bit pricey for smaller businesses and requires periodic upgrades to ensure compatibility with the latest versions of Windows. Additionally, the software can be a bit overwhelming for beginners, as it offers a large number of features and options.

Tracy
Owner in US
Food & Beverages, 51-200 Employees

Basic accouting

3.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Customer service is terrible. Paying taxes is terrible. I went to another program.

Pros:

Reporting is good. Set up is helpful with the questions.

Cons:

Not set up for restaurants. Basic accounting is good. Bank reconcilations are difficiult. Intergrating other programs are difficult. Daily sales not standard.

Noam
Founder in US
Media Production, 11-50 Employees

Accounting Software with Advanced Features

5.0 6 days ago New

Comments: QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise is an extremely powerful accounting software that provides a comprehensive range of features. I found it to be highly customizable to meet my needs and the intuitive interface makes it easy to use. The only downside is that the software can be a bit expensive and requires a steep learning curve.

Pros:

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise is an excellent accounting software that offers a comprehensive range of features that are designed to help streamline accounting processes. It has an intuitive interface and provides a secure platform for managing finances. The software also offers a wide range of reporting options and is highly customizable to meet the needs of any organization.

Cons:

The software is a bit complex to use and requires a steep learning curve. Additionally, the software is quite expensive so it may not be the best option for small businesses or those on a tight budget.

Tania
Finance Administrator in Canada
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 11-50 Employees

Easy to use and allows for multiple users and access from anywhere

5.0 5 days ago New

Comments: The enterprise team was amazing when helping set everything up and have been helpful with any questions since. We used to use desktop so the switch was very easy for us. We did not like QBO and it didn't have the features we needed that were in the desktop version, so this was the ideal solution to add accessibility from different locations and for different users.

Pros:

The ability to access from anywhere and with multiple users - even at different locations.

Cons:

The ability to save a file onto the users computer rather than the enterprise "computer" is difficult to navigate. Unless using the program that came with the user computer, you don't seem to be able to send emails either.

Betul
Project Manager in Belgium
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees

Accounting Solution: QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Review

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall, QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise is a powerful and comprehensive accounting solution that offers a wide range of features to help businesses manage their finances effectively. While it can be quite expensive, the software is well-suited for businesses with complex financial needs.

Pros:

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise is a robust and comprehensive accounting software that offers a wide range of features to help businesses manage their finances effectively. It has a user-friendly interface that makes it easy to navigate, and the software is highly customizable, which allows users to tailor it to their specific needs. Additionally, the software is well-suited for businesses with complex financial needs, such as inventory management and job costing.

Cons:

One downside to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise is that it can be quite expensive for small businesses, especially when compared to other accounting software options on the market. Additionally, the software does not have a cloud-based option, which can be a limitation for businesses that need to access their financial information remotely.

Nischala
Nischala
Payroll Manager in US
Retail, 51-200 Employees

Financial health at your finger tip

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I use everyday for my salon franchise business in three states and could be happier more. There is always a human customer care person to guide which we hardly need since most fo the work is self explanatory

Pros:

Easy to understand terminology, navigating and multiple companies view to select from one login

Cons:

Banks file sometimes don't sync so there gets a delay in reconciliation

Tomas
Accountant in Czechia
Accounting, Self Employed

except for a few restrictions, good for non-profit

4.0 last month New

Comments: If one can discover a technique to prepare end-of-year gift tax statements, it is preferable for small non-profits.

Pros:

You can fairly handle non-profit accounting quite smoothly if you understand how to build up the chart of accounts, including utilizing Locations and Classes. Reporting is largely reliable. Entry of data is easy. The functions for export and import are excellent.

Cons:

The issuance of end-of-year donation statements comes with significant restrictions. Sales cannot be excluded, nor can the statement content be changed to comply with rules. The assertions are fairly rigid.

Abolfazl
Abolfazl
Accountant in Canada
Accounting, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Something nice for what I do!

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I recommend it to new businesses because it is easy to use and you can easily manage your financial matters.

Pros:

I like the fact that it integrates with a bunch of other thing, nice documentation, great support and finally i recommend it to ones that started a new business.

Cons:

When you want to update it there are just few issues and difficulties. When you make a mistake it will be hard to fix that and sometimes I have to restart the software because of some bugs.

Ashley
Ashley
Membership Director in US
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 51-200 Employees

QuickBooks is Quick and Easy

3.0 last month New

Pros:

It is easy to operate and I enjoy using.

Cons:

nothing, to like the least. It is a really good program.

William
Sales Representative in South Africa
Business Supplies & Equipment, 2-10 Employees

Quick Books is Perfect For Small to Medium size Businesses

Comments: I think quickbooks is a great accounting software for Medium size businesses such as ours its quick and very simple to use i find it very efficient when a customer needs a quotation or invoice urgently i can send him all the relevant information in less than 5 minutes overall i think its a great accounting software and its definitely the best at saving time

Pros:

I enjoyed the simplicity of quickbooks once i learnt how to use the softare properly doing quotations ,delivery notes & invoices become much more efficient than using Excel once all your company details & inventory is loaded into the software doing everything like quotations & invoices are just two clicks and its done it is very time saving as i do not always have to type out everything manually save it to file and then e-mail , everything is saved onto the software all i had to do was add my customer e-mail address and i could e-mail quotations & invoices straight from the quickbooks software which was very quick and efficient

Cons:

I disliked that we were limited to the number of users that can use the software at the same time once three or more people were logged the software would throw us out of what ever we were working on

Jane
Jane
Owner, Big Kahuna in US
Publishing, 2-10 Employees

Worth the price tag

Comments: I started out learning QuickBooks on the desktop version for a previous job, and the software has come a long, long way since then. The online version is well organized, easy to use, and in the three years I've been using it I've never run into a single glitch.

Pros:

QuickBooks online gives me one place to track everything related to money for my small business: income, expenses, taxes, and payroll. It's easy to set up and use, and I like knowing that even when I'm not paying as much attention to some of the bookkeeping as I should, it's still being tracked for when I have time to get to it.

Cons:

It's a little pricey and the help/FAQs aren't always that helpful, but those quibbles are greatly outweighed by how easy and useful it is.

Carolyn
Office Manager in US
Veterinary, 11-50 Employees

Mount Carmel Animal Hospital

Comments: Overall, Quickbooks is an amazing program. As someone who had no training in bookkeeping or business, it was very easy to navigate and utilize fairly quickly. The system is ultimately error proof, which is incredibly reassuring for someone who had no experience when starting out.

Pros:

Quickbooks is very user friendly and easy to navigate while being incredibly detailed and accurate. Coming from a veterinary background with not training in bookkeeping or accounting, I was able to utilize the software with minimal training. The way the software is designed, it is virtually impossible for errors to go unnoticed. There are multiple checks systems in place to ensure everything is accurate and correctly accounted for.

Cons:

Having multiple users can become a bit expensive. Remote access is also more difficult, requiring a third party to manage remote access. Quickbooks Online offers easy remote access, however, we found that the desktop version was better suited for our needs overall.

Justin
Justin
Business Owner in US
Consumer Goods, 2-10 Employees

Very Good Accounting Software for Small Businesses

Comments: It is a good business tool that helped me get a handle on mostly all of my expenses. It has a few buggy integrations which was frustrating. And I really disliked the non batch tagging system. Other than that, I have found it very useful and have used QB for the past 3 years for my taxes. I do not use it to file taxes any longer, as I now have an accountant and I prepare everything in QB first and then work with my accountant to file the taxes. Great for small businesses.

Pros:

I like that QB is easy to use and that I can connect mostly all of my accounts to it. However, I was unable to connect my Home Depot credit card for some reason. I have used QB to prepare a profit and loss statement for my accountant. I have painstakingly used this software. I have used it almost on a daily basis, as it helps to give me a clear financial picture of my small business. I can't see myself managing my e-commerce business any other way, since I have many transactions.

Cons:

The fact that I cannot group tag transactions. In a business like mine that has thousands of transactions throughout the year, the biggest gripe I have with QB is that I cannot batch select and change the tags. The tags are so important, especially if running multiple businesses, which I was. Since then, I have closed two of those businesses for the very reason that I cannot properly manage it all with one quickbooks account. I thought it would be easy to tag things, however, it truly sucks to have to go one by one. Also, I dislike the "rules" it auto creates because for any new transaction type, it pops up and really slowed me down when I was already having trouble with my tagging and categorizing.

Belasco
Digital marketing manager in South Africa
Building Materials, 11-50 Employees

Quivk Books desktop Review

Comments: Quickbooks has helped me keep track of my account books in one place therefore reducing confusion. I have intergrated the software with my other softwares like hubspot. The software enables me send my clients more professional and easy to understand quotations. However i have had problems with their phone support team, they are not easily accessible when there is emergency on the software. In a nutshell quickbooks software is a must get especially if you want to scale your small business up.

Pros:

QuickBooks has a variety of features that supports small and medium businesses and it allows up to 25 users. The software can intergrate with more than 500 business apps and softwares. QuickBooks has a friendly user interface which makes it easy to navigate through its dashboard. QuickBooks gives a 30 day free trial version which gives you a test drive of the software before deciding to subscribe. Enables you to keep all your books of accounts in one place.

Cons:

The price has been increasing throughout the years. Less automated as compared to online version which takes more time. Their phone support is not efficient and sometimes they do not assist by phone hence forced to migrate to online version which facilitate a quick live bookkeeping. Does not facilitate split transactions and auto sales report hence need to migrate from desktop to online version.

Darcie
Payroll Adminstrator/Bookkeeper in US
Architecture & Planning, 2-10 Employees

Great software-will continue using

Comments: This software keeps track of everything our company needs incl all AR, AP, payroll and tax transactions and accruals.

Pros:

Many features available making it an integral part of our day to day operations. Processing payroll is easy and tax accrual function and e-file makes it so simple and easy to match to federal and state calculations. Reporting features are very good. We have 100’s of customers and vendors and the tracking of availability of transactions is superb. We also use their remote hosting service for work from home employees and have never had an issue with maintaining connections and to the minute updated information.

Cons:

The only things I could recommend for improvement is the ability to have detailed customizable reporting for employee and payroll functions. Customer service is iffy-most are nice but some are not very knowledgeable and it can take quite a long time to resolve what seems to be a simple issue. Currently found that the annual renewal fee charged was $500 more than what was quoted by two of their reps so am looking at having to attempt to get a refund for the overcharge.

Bryan
Computer Repair in US
Computer Software, Self Employed

Great Software

Comments: I just received this product, and I am furious for two reasons. 1) The outside of the package said that I had to scratch off a label to reveal the license number. My fingernail was not taking it off easily, so I continued to work at it, trying to peel it off. I finally was able to gently scratch off and reveal some of the numbers, but whatever adhesive they used on the label TOOK THE REST OF LICENSE NUMBER OFF WITH IT. You can't install it without a license number, so this rendered the disk unusable. Is it really necessary to make someone have to go through that? All they had to do was insert a regular scratch off surface on the package or inside the package, and there would be no compromise of security. This is just incompetent package design, period. 2) It gets worse!! After going through Phone Menu Hell trying to get a live Customer Service person (outsourced overseas) to speak to me, I was informed that this product will not upgrade my old data files from QB 2011 because Quickbooks only supports upgrades within 18 months after the old product is replaced with the next version. Assuming that is true....the ad presentation MUST MAKE THIS PLAIN AND CLEAR UP FRONT!!! I have looked and looked again, and NOWHERE does it say that this will not update old files. If it did say that, then I would not have bought this product, which obviously is of no use. According to QB Customer Service, I can have THEM install the program for $299 and they will convert the files. Now instead, I have wasted incredible amounts of time on a product that I cannot use...and now have to work out how to be refunded. So this is not so much a review of the software itself, but rather a warning to others who are upgrading from anything older then QB Pro 2014 that you may have a lot of difficulty retrieving your product code and you may not be able to convert your existing files to work with the new program. DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE YOU BUY!!! ]

Pros:

Ease of use and able to get all my financial documents in order

Cons:

Getting to reveal the install code is hard be careful when scratching off not to take numbers with it

Paralegal in US
Legal Services, 2-10 Employees

A little clunky, but still the best accounting software on the market

Comments: The main benefit of quick books for my business is the ease of use for everyday bookkeeping tasks, and interfacing with our accountant for year and and quarterly filings. Also, it is such a standard software that it is easy to find new hires with quickbooks knowledge. Once your Quickbooks is set up to suit your business, keeping it up is really easy. It also saves on paper waste as documents and receipts and invoices can be scanned right into the software and the physical copies destroyed.

Pros:

Quickbooks contains everything you could need for most organizations. The user interface is a bit difficult to navigate, and could use updating, but the funcionality is there. My favorite feature is being able to attached scans of documents or receipts right to a transaction. You can upload saved scans from your computer, or quickbooks will interface with a scanner to scan them directly into quickbooks, which is very handy. This cuts down on lots of paper in the office. Also, the accountant function is great for utilizing a 3rd party bookkeeper. You can send out a portion of the quickbooks file to your accountant to make changes, meanwhile still being able to use the software and update with new changes.

Cons:

The interface takes a lot of getting used to. The usual keyboard shortcuts don't work in Quickbooks, and pulling reports is clunky, but functional in the end. There is so much functionality packed in that it is hard to navigate to simple things sometimes. Not all companies need inventory management and purchase order tracking, and complicated payroll features, but some of these functions are always turned on.

Kianja
Bookkeeper in US
Accounting, Self Employed

QuickBooks, Not Just For Professional Use

Pros:

Both QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online are very easy to use. They can both be customized to fit your companies business objectives. I love QuickBooks online for the convenience of accessing your accounting information from anywhere. I think that being able to login and download your financial transactions is very convenient for a small business owner. It is as simple as reviewing which category (or account, which it is known as within the software) the transaction is assigned to. If you do not have the transaction assigned to the correct category when it is initially downloaded, you can change this within the software in a few clicks. The best part is that QuickBooks Online will remember which category you assigned to the transaction. So, they next time you download transactions from the same vendor, QuickBooks will recognize the transaction and automatically recall the category you assigned the last time. QuickBooks Desktop does the same as QuickBooks Online. However, the beauty of QuickBooks Desktop is that you can create as many "Company" files as you want. I put the word company in quotation marks because you can also use this software to manage your personal finances. Although this is not what the software was created for, the fact is that if you manage your personal finances like a scaling business, you will have a better handle on living within your means. QuickBooks Desktop makes this very easy to do.

Cons:

I am not a huge fan of paying a monthly fee. While I like QuickBooks Online, I am not a fan of possibly paying an increase in monthly cost at any given moment. I also don't like that the mileage tracker is not readily available on the higher versions of QuickBooks Desktop (Starter, Essentials, and Plus).

3 years ago

Hey there, Kianja. Thanks so much for your thorough review. We love hearing how much you've enjoyed using QuickBooks and how helpful each version of the software has been for your business. You can count on us to have your back for all of your accounting needs for years to come! To find out more about ways we're working to improve the software and offer even more functionality to you, we recommend checking out our Blog: https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv Cheering you to continued success! Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Javier Victor Marian
Javier Victor Marian
Network Security Auditor in US
Government Administration, 11-50 Employees

And standard software for accountant in the US

Comments: Like I said, its the choice by default on software for financial at your company in the US. Great and easy to maintain with a simple but perfectly working backup option.

Pros:

QuickBooks went to be a simple software to be the most powerful and almost "by default" software for accountant in the US. Anything you need you have it in there, or they have a module for it. What I love MOST of them is that despite that they added a lot of functions, they keep the data files simple. The backup process its easy, and restore too. I have some customers with problems on their server and was like Reinstall windows/ quickbooks/ restore. And it started with all the info like nothing happen. You can even install QB and just paste files from the older folder and will work. I love that.

Cons:

I had some problems with the online version, and customer care take a while to resolve them. When an accountant give you access to his/her quickbook online, you enter info but if you change accountant the info its difficult to delete.

4 years ago

I'm delighted the powerful tools in QuickBooks have helped Infobyte Security Research, Javier. It's affirming to read the software has left a lovely impression on you, and that fixes for Desktop issues have been so easy to achieve. With this in mind, I'll ensure any problems with the Online service are corrected just as simply. The info in this Community database article discusses adding/removing accountant access: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Account-management/Add-or-remove-an-accountant-user-in-QuickBooks-Online/td-p/186006. Regardless, you deserve customer care that provides quick resolutions. As an alternative to calling in, I invite you to find the product experts on Facebook (Intuit QuickBooks) and Twitter (QBCares). They can handle the technical stuff while you focus on maintaining other aspects of your business. Additionally, these reps can lend a hand with both versions of QuickBooks, as can the Community linked above. Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Van
Executive Director in US
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 2-10 Employees

Gets the job done

Comments: Overall, it's good. Based on the reporting and payroll functionality, I would recommend it to my colleagues, but I would also recommend they check out other options. There is lots of software out there, and I think the QB app is pretty weak, and it's likely you could find something that may be better. I also would strongly recommend studying the basics of accounting before you starting your account.

Pros:

The reporting function, and the ability to integrate payroll (especially full service) is what makes this product for me. Full service payroll will file my tax forms, auto mail out W2s, and make 1099s fairly easy. I do have a state specific tax that my full service doesn't cover, requiring me to manually print and mail with a check, which can be a bit of a pain.. but it does make me appreciate how much time the other payroll automation has saved me. If you structure your system right, the reporting function is very powerful. Unfortunately, not a lot of people have the foresight going into the software on how to appropriately structure things, so I'd recommend planning out your books with an accountant before hand.

Cons:

The customer service is terrible. I usually get forwarded from person to person because I'm in the "wrong department," but I know it's because the person just doesn't know the answer. I do have an accounting degree, so I expect to be more knowledgeable about certain aspects of the system when I call in, but, usually my phone calls are to resolve a software bug or issue. I also think they made a big mistake when they changed their pricing structure by limiting departments/classes to 40 per user. The number is too low, and I previously had unlimited departments/classes, to which Quickbooks made me reduce my total amount when they transitioned to the new pricing structure, with threat of suspension none-the-less. I think that's a pretty terrible thing to do to a long time customer, who had been using the software for 5 years before these limits went into place.

Yelena
Director in US
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 Employees

QuickBooks for Succu

Comments: Easy to follow instructions, many features to run your business smooy

Pros:

QuickBooks is a great software for anyone. It’s easy to use and you are not required to be an account to use it. It’s also compared to other softwares fairly cheap

Cons:

Some critical fields are missing but you can always buy additional add-on. Annual fees are also a con but it’s not too expensive.

last year

Thank you so much for taking a moment to leave a review, Yelena! We're so glad to hear that QuickBooks Desktop is working seamlessly for you so far. Yes, you're exactly right! QuickBooks Desktop can integrate with several different 3rd party Apps/programs that offer additional features that may be helpful for what you're needing. To take a look at what's available, you can visit: https://desktop.apps.com/home If you need anything else or have any other questions, please feel free to get in touch with our QuickBooks Desktop Support using the (?) Help icon in-product! All the best! -Faith, The QuickBooks Team

Amanda
Meeting and Event Coordinator in US

Amazing ease of use and over 500 integrations

Pros:

Excellent user interface and navigation. Flexible contact records and transaction forms. Customizable report templates. Comprehensive payroll support. Hundreds of add-ons

Cons:

Poor Navigation. My biggest issue with the software is that it is incredibly difficult to navigate. Nothing is where I expect it to be. QuickBooks Online lumps feature together under umbrella words like Sales or Banking. I would so much rather have a straightforward menu that has designated tabs for Invoices, Estimates, Contacts, Time, etc. Certain key features, like Time and Estimates, don't even appear in any of the submenus, let alone the main menu. You have to access them through the quick-create section, which is incredibly ineffective. Additionally, the settings menu is more difficult to use than ever as the software exits you out of each section as you complete it, forcing you to go back into settings all over again to make any additional changes. Limited Time Tracking- The time tracking feature in QuickBooks Online has never been ideal, but now the feature is even more limited. I hope that the company will improve this feature in the near future. Major Software Glitch- I experienced a major glitch with my account where I was unable to use the sales tax module completely. I was in contact with customer support for over three weeks before the issue was resolved. Despite numerous promises to update me on my service case, I was only contacted about the issue once and was not updated about the Intuit engineers progress on my issue a single time. I had to call in several times a week to check on the issue

Dena
Assistant Office Manager in US
Human Resources, 11-50 Employees

My experience with Quick Books Desktop has been empowering, efficient, and very effective daily.

Comments: timely and accurate deliverables.

Pros:

The feature that is most attractive for me is integration. I'm the Hr Rep. at Placement Partners Inc. and I gather information from various platforms and applications. Integrating with Quick Books is very productive, saves me a lot of data entry not to mention eliminates any data entry errors. I can't go without mentioning the "Reports" option. On several occasions, the owners of my company are seeking explanations or documentation regarding employee hours, pay or spending in general, and thanks to "Reports", I am able to accurately provide information with the push of a button that will be produced in a PDF or Excel format for easy comprehension. There are several aspects of Quick Books that assist me in getting my responsibilities taken care of at work; especially the on boarding process & providing documentation for our employees. Lastly, props to the support team over at Quick Books. I've had countless situations where I had to consult support to help me before the cutoff time for Direct Deposit! The most recent incident I can recall preparing payroll for the end of July but my owner kept telling me that our Quick Books was showing the direct deposit had not reached the bank in addition to us needing to pay our liabilities, however the bank was telling us they received our deposits and also showed us paying our liabilities. Support connected with me and was able to identify that either or connection was down or we had not synced. Support SAVED the pay period!

Cons:

I want to be clear that I favor Quick Books Desktop and it's functionalities and will expect some challenges now and again. Although I give the support team their props, it can be rather challenging to get a hold of the correct number to call and get SUPPORT. The reason I capitalize support is, often when I am in a bind and in a hurry, I will google customer service or support and will have so many telephone numbers to choose from that it is really mind boggling. Often times, the first call or second call will direct me to a SALES specialist who will quote me a price for a support package before clearly understanding my problem. The infamous "Corrupted File" is the number one reason they are trying to sell support package. It is beyond frustrating and hinders me trying to identify and correct a problem. I have used the support team enough to know now, not to call the 1-844 numbers because in my opinion, they go straight for the close (strong salesman).

Ben
Director SEO Services in Guernsey

Quick Books Premier Edition 2016 Desktop -Good Except Multicurrency is Terrible

Pros:

This has a great user interface, as a qualified accountant, I can say it's definitely not traditional however it is functional and it has quite a lot of functionality for this price point. For non-accountants this is a good system in so far as it is user friendly. An amazing feature is that transactions can be edited or even deleted at least from the users perspective - that alone is one of the major reasons that I recommend this software ( the audit log maintains a complete record of the entries) Other good points, cost centres, document storage, easy account management, multi company capable, lots of configuration options.

Cons:

However this system has some flaws, and one very serious one which i will mention first. Multicurrency capability is a joke, I would say no it's not because its so labor intensive to use it you might as well convert all your currency outside the system and just post in your home currency - that itself is a nightmare and you can expect your auditor to hate on you with a bigger bill and whining but the option of using the currency features is not great either. I am in recovery from this right now so happily have forgotten some of the pain points, here are a few: Entering exchange rates - tedious and labor intensive audit trail for currency transactions - as above Propensity to make recording errors due to the systems short comings pretty high Quality of reporting for multicurrency - terrible, really terrible! ( the nominal ledger is available in the home currency only - if you have a lot of transactions and some reconciliations to do that is bad news. Some smaller issues, reporting is functional /ugly although it's robust its nott very customizable either expect to do formatting in excel . It has some really weird idiosyncrasies, for example under some circumstances to get the right fx rate on a transaction automatically i need to put the wrong date and then change it to the right date. However you have a perpetual licence for pretty powerful and user friendly software. Recommended except for those that do a lot of currency transactions

5 years ago

Hi there, Ben. Thank you so much for the honest and thorough review, as well as your recommendations. I'm here to help, and will do everything I can to simplify multi-currency and the reporting interface. To start, could you send me your suggestions for improvement to [email protected]? I'm thrilled that you're still getting so much from the system, and am excited to get the chance to further enhance your usage of the product. Jess, The QuickBooks Team