15 years helping Irish businesses

About SAP Concur

SAP Concur takes you beyond automation to a completely connected spend management solution that grows with your business

Learn more about SAP Concur

Pros:

It is super straight forward process when adding your expenses from any work trip and once you hit submit getting your money refunded is typically smooth.

Cons:

We were told that our cards would sync up, but they didn't and the customer service was bad. We really didn't even get to use the software as we never got through the whole onboarding phase.

SAP Concur ratings

4.0
4.0
4.2
4.1

7.8/10

SAP Concur has an overall rating of 4.3 out 5 stars based on 2,009 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used SAP Concur before?

Filter reviews (2,009)

Federico
Federico
CFO in Brazil
Banking, 2–10 Employees

Great solution to Manage your Expenses

Comments: Our experience with SAP Concur was excellent, we are really looking forward to keep using it for future projects

Pros:

We needed an app to approve hundreds of consultant's expenses and match our accounting. SAP Concur solved this for us. We loved the remotely review and approve, solved 90% of our previous issues. One of the best user friendly UX we ever tried. The import into our accounting ERP was flawless.

Cons:

The only issue we have with this app is the price, if they would offer an affordable plan for small businesses, that would be great.

Brittany
Travel and Expense Manager in US
Pharmaceuticals, 501–1,000 Employees

Industry standard

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

There are many add on plug ins that are compatible with SAP concur which makes it easy to solve business needs within the same plug in.

Cons:

The customer support portal can be slow to respond to urgent issues, even if you pay extra for service assistant to have a dedicated team.

HR & Technology Coordinator in US
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 11–50 Employees

Complex and glitchy but better than other options

Comments: My experience is generally positive - system is up most of the time, things work like they are designed to, etc. But we have frustrations which seem to be common to most tech companies these days - assumptions are made about how things work in other people's businesses and then tech is designed to meet those assumptions, which may or may not be correct. Then when I try to deal with sales and technical support to meet my needs, I'm told that the system can't do what I want because its not designed that way. I've managed technology transitions of hardware and software infrastructure for public agencies, professional associations, law firms, and labor unions and in my experience, a technology design team is usually very focused on meeting one or two primary needs such as expense reporting and policy enforcement and will design a system to do that. But very rarely does the team have on the ground experience in how that system will be integrated into the day to day lives of their customers. A sales team might deal with that when sales time comes, but it doesn't seem to be taken into account at the design level and in some cases it may be too late at that point. This has been my primary experience with Concur. More specifically, data disappears some times - which support claims must be user error because it can't be duplicated on their end. Its possible, but since I've gotten multiple reports of data loss from both tech and non-tech friendly people, I'm not sure that's the whole answer. In addition, although tech savvy users have no problems with the navigation and features, less tech savvy users struggle significantly. Also, because we have a complex accounting system that cannot be accommodated by Concur reporting, we still have to manually extract the data and enter in spreadsheets to get it into the format we need for accounting system import. I've discussed this issue with a Concur programmer and my account rep and they agree that what I need cannot currently be gotten from the system. Finally, when things go wrong in the feed between Amex and Concur it just becomes a blame game - its not our fault but theirs - doesn't really get me to a solution. So, it may be that I have too much work and just wish Concur were able to do more, but I find it limited in its usefulness except for that small group of users for whom it works perfectly.

Pros:

All the information is in one place, easy to access from any location, generally customizable. Working on integrating travel which should provide greater value. Generally logically designed and easy to use as an administrator.

Cons:

Structure of expense types and cost tracking is too rigid; ability to customize outputs is limited to standard accounting systems. But as a non-profit and a union, I don't have a standard accounting system. I need to be able to report in formats required by the federal government (LM2), the State of California (FPPC/Lobbying Reporting), and my board of directors. But the Concur system doesn't have sufficient flexibility of variables to allow for the generation of the complex account code system we use because of these conflicting reporting needs. So if anyone ever comes out with an expense reporting software that takes those unique needs into account, I will jump in a second. But no one else has anything better so far. In addition, the fact that any custom fields I create do NOT integrate with the Concur mobile software means that my users have to enter their data in on the mobile and then go to the desktop and add additional data. Before we used custom fields, they were able to use the mobile system exclusively, but we weren't getting all the information I need. So now we have a hybrid system that requires working on the report twice, once when the receipt is uploaded from their mobile device and then again when they want to add the cost centers and submit the report. Doesn't make my users very happy and costs more in time and effort than no customization. Receipt management at the accounting review level is also very limited and frustrating. Assumes too much

Steffan
Steffan
Senior Manager Customer Success in UK
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 10,000+ Employees

Efficient Expense and Travel Management

Comments: SAP Concur simplifies expense reporting with its robust reporting tools. I do feel however that the user interface needs a real uplift - comparing it to other products i have used it really is not as intuative.

Pros:

When onboarding new customers SAP Concur has a seamless integration of expense and travel management. The platform is convenient and accessible and has a wide range of features.

Cons:

The user interface is somewhat complex to use. The desktop version is not as intutative as similar products. Concur risks falling behind its competitors.

ERIN
Territory Manager in US
Medical Devices, Self Employed

Concur for Sales Expenses

4.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: It's reliable and I don't mind using it, although I prefer the streamlined utility of some newer platforms for expense reporting.

Pros:

I liked the ability to itemize hotel charges in detail. Made it easier than worrying about splitting off personal charges to a separate non-business card. Can mark some itemized charges as personal so they don't get filed for reimbursement while all the others get claimed.

Cons:

Overall it's a little cumbersome and the app seems outdated. It's bulky and more complicated to navigate than it needs to be.

Enrique
Enrique
Vice President, Human Resources and Administration in US
Construction, 51–200 Employees

Good luck trying to get support

Comments: Generally positive experience during the sales process, in implementation, and while an active customer/user. Absolutely awful experience post-disconnect, which would keep me from ever considering SAP Concur as a partner again in the future. Unfortunately can't recommend SAP Concur for expense reporting.

Pros:

SAP Concur has long been the industry standard for expense reporting and travel management, and so it was the natural choice when we were looking for a new expense platform several years ago. The sales process was straightforward (no negotiation or haggling needed as their price is their price), and implementation was planned and handled well by the assigned Concur team and our internal resources. Adequate training was provided for both administrators and end-users, so rollout and adoption of the new platform was pretty seamless. User experience was generally positive even if the platform was somewhat dated and not as user-friendly as competing options.

Cons:

Unfortunately SAP Concur's customer support, particularly during the disconnect process, was abysmal. When we requested the disconnect, we were offered no guidance or information from our customer success team re: how/when to download archived data, even after multiple requests by phone and in writing. Concur ended up disconnecting our site prior to making the download available, making it impossible for us to get to this critical data. We had to jump through countless hoops to get our site reactivated, download all the data, and then request another disconnect. In total, this debacle lasted almost five months. Could all have been avoided if the customer success team had communicated, responded to inquiries, and simply followed what I have to believe are well-documented Concur procedures for assisting clients through the disconnect process.

Allan
Head of Information Security in Australia
Education Management, 201–500 Employees

Great Expense Management Tool

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: I was very happy with the platform and the features provided. There was a big investment towards automation which helps build the value proposition of the platforms in large businesses.

Pros:

It was very easy to use and a fully featured mobile app

Cons:

It was more on the expensive side vs other solutions

Devin
Staff Accountant in US
Automotive, 51–200 Employees

Concur review

5.0 last week New

Pros:

I like that we are able to route the approvals to different people if we need to or send it back to the originator for adjustments.

Cons:

I don't like that you can't change you can't go back and unapprove an invoice after it's been approved.

Cristina
Accountant in US
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Reliable and Consistent!

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

I like how many of my customers and partners are on the SAP Concur network. This allows for a streamlined procurement, invoicing, and payment process. I like their features and the visibility within the payment process.

Cons:

I don't like how some of the processes are a bit longer to set up on the front end, but this is more so related to the procurement setup by customers.

Adam
Account Manager in UK
Food & Beverages, 51–200 Employees

SAP for Expenses

4.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall this is a software that improves the ability to manage expenses so it is a valuable asset.

Pros:

The software can auto fill a number of key details which speeds up the process of inputting expenses. It files all the receipts in date order to make it easy to see what and when you have spent.

Cons:

The mobile function is slow and can be very clunky.

Kristen
Executive Assistant to CEO in US
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Streamline your expense reporting

Comments: At my previous employer, I was the administrator of Concur and the person who set up the software. It revolutionized the way we processed expenses (which had previously been a manual paper and pen process). It integrates beautifully with multiple banking entities, automatically importing charges as they are posted to your card. It can accommodate e-receipts if the vendor supports those -- car rentals, airline tickets, and hotels being the most common. And if you set the software to require receipts for a type of expense or a dollar limit, users will not be allowed to submit the expense report without attaching a receipt to the line item. It saves so much time from an administration point of view, and the interface is very user-friendly. I would give this five stars and recommend it to anyone, from a small to enterprise level organization. Now, on the downside, my current employer also uses Concur, but they upgraded recently to the beta version, and it is full of bugs. Some of the best and most convenient features have been removed, such as the ability to perform batch changes on expense items and the ability to see at a glance which expense line items contained comments. Support has been completely non-existent for the beta version and we get nothing but run-around and excuses. I have been extremely disappointed with the entire upgrade process and the level of response we have received. Thus, my less than five star review. I hope that they resolve these issues.

Pros:

Straightforward administration setup wizard Ease of importing receipts Integration with our corporate bank account, credit cards, and purchasing cards Ability to customize limits and alerts Ease of administering multiple profiles for executives Integration with Expense-It so that users can take a picture of receipts with their phones and have them automatically uploaded to their expense reports

Cons:

The Beta version is full of bugs Developers refuse to support the beta version Does not adequately track users who have used their corporate cards for personal charges and owe the company money

Computer Software, 201–500 Employees

Doing expenses can be easy - just takes a bit of a learning curve

Comments: All in all, Concur does what it is supposed to do. There are a few things you learn over time that make things easier or help you along the way. It's not the most intuitive UI, but I see SAP's progress. So, I'm hopeful this will continue to improve. I've been using that tool now for many years (with 1-4 reports per month - creating and approving), and I have a pretty good system to do the expenses properly and efficiently. There are also more possibilities to help me do my reports. E.g., I would love to have templates for regular expenses. Let's say I expensed a particular bill every month - it would be great if I could mark that as a template and copy a version of that into my following reports - adjusting only the things that changed (e.g., the receipt image or the entry date. That would certainly save me time.

Pros:

SAP Concur is pretty standard in the industry for that purpose. It has a few features and functions that can justify that market share. I enjoy the widespread connections between apps I regularly use for business travel (e.g., Lyft, Uber, our travel agency app) and Concur. As soon as my ride is done, there is a new expense available that I can add to my report. Most fields for each item are filled out correctly, so I only need to add the missing items. I also don't need to scan the receipt or attach it somehow. Speaking of connecting - that's the second significant advantage. While doing my expense reports on my desktop computer, I can quickly log onto my mobile app and take a picture of a receipt I don't have digitally - e.g., the bill from my restaurant visit. Both work simultaneously - so I don't get logged out if I use the other channel.

Cons:

SAP Concur has improved its UI over the last few years, and it looks a lot more modern than it was before. Still, a few things are a bit old-school—for example, the view of an expense. I also approve reports for my team members, so I must open each expense and check the fields. At this point, this is still the old grayish windows-95-style form with the chained properties. What's possible can be seen when you enter an expense. Here, you see the properties in a somewhat modern design.

Julie
Controller in US
Retail, 11–50 Employees

Not Really Automated AP

Comments: Horrible. We told the product would work for our needs and we specifically asked prior to using the product that terms discounts would be easily handled. That was a complete lie. We specifically asked if it could handle multiple discounts for one vendor as we have several terms for just one vendor depending on the purchase. We were told it could handle multiple terms, which in fact it can not. It does not even calculate terms. We asked a lot of questions and our concerns were met with positivity that the product would work for our needs. Not so much. This is a huge deal breaker.

Pros:

Implementation was helpful and support was good, but the fixes from support were typically, "oh you will have to use this work around", or "no we can handle that".

Cons:

Too many limitations and the work arounds make it not an "automated AP processing". Has several limitation when it comes to the following items: Terms discounts, can not compute. Limit in invoice number extraction = 11 so we have several invoices where the invoice number was short by at least 1 digit and that is a problem when it comes to paying those vendors outside of Concur., since the vendor will now know which invoice # the payment belongs to. Too many mis match issues that are not easily fixed with vendor name/vendors codes and G/L codes. G/L codes need to be a certain number of characters so if you have an account with a sub account and another subaccount, they entire account needs to be reconfigured to Concur standards in order to be used. Can not post to ALL G/L codes, so the workaround was to create a "bogus" account so the invoice would post, then go into our ERP and change it to the proper G/L code, (thus eliminating the automated process). Invoice line level extraction is limited to 40 lines so if you have an invoice with 106 line items, it will lump it into one line item, which makes for PO reconciliation difficulties. Various other limitations where sometimes there is a workaround, but if there is a work around, then it really is not automated to begin with. i found I was babysitting invoices too much, so it really isn't automated for me.

Craige
Account Manager in US
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001–5,000 Employees

SAP Concur user - Field Use

Comments: Excellent. Concur software and Mobile App has made expense reporting easy. Using the Mobil App to do most of my reporting has alleviated time spent in the office and more time in the field selling.

Pros:

User friendly. As a sales Rep in the field, Concur allows me to easily log, identify, report and submit my expenses. Dashboards and reminders allow me to easily view what is open, submitted and or approved. Mobile app is well developed and allows me to do 99% of my expense reporting via my phone. The only issue i have had in the past was a receipt not attaching to an individual expense. Concur makes expenses an easy task.

Cons:

Create a file for receipt pictures. Instead of saving to my phone photo storage - or having to look for a receipt picture in my photo file, Concur should create a photo file exclusively for expense reporting via Concur. I believe Concur makes different capabilities harder to use than they have to. Most users (in my capacity) are using the same features every time so i should be able to customize my dashboard(s) with those features i use.Lastly, i have had issues in the past with a picture of my receipt not saving with an expense. Not sure if this happens alot, but it is troublesome if i delete the picture and or throw away receipt.

Accounting, 10,000+ Employees

It Will Get The Job Done, But Might Frustrate You Constantly Until It Does

Comments: Our entire firm just moved over to Concur Expense, and it has not been without it's issues. I think it will be a worthwhile transition in the long run, however, I need to watch a lot more of the help videos until I get there.

Pros:

It is very thorough, and really very detailed. I don't have problems with the reports once I make them, and I feel like the expense process is very thorough. From a company's standpoint, the software makes sense and provides them with a lot of information. It also has a TON of user input checks which are incredibly tedious, but also ensure that everything is inputted properly The app is also really helpful, especially when taking pictures of receipts and uploading them to reports. If I wanted to ensure accuracy and completeness and was choosing a software, I'd definitely go with this one.

Cons:

Sigh... all good things have their drawbacks it seems. I'd be lying if I said Concur Expense was user friendly. There are so many error messages possible, and it is not intuitive when trying to solve them all. The error messages are small, and contain limited information as to why they've occurred. Per diem is NOT self explanatory, and my firm had to put out an entire educational PowerPoint on how to input per diem expenses. And then additional help info on basically every other function. Sometimes the system will auto-populate when I don't want it to, and other times it will attempt to categorize expenses into categories that don't make sense. It's not the most intuitive software... and when I finally successful submit an expense report, I'm relieved more than anything.

Renaud
CCO in US
Medical Devices, 11–50 Employees

comprehensive and easy to use

Comments: Overall very good experience and I have seen the product evolve positively over the past 12+ years

Pros:

this is the most comprehensive product on the market for expense report and travel booking with easy integration

Cons:

The software tends to be expensive with the add on options to the basic set up, such as travel bookings and others It may seems a bit slow to answer at time and the customization require some work with the SAP team , not always the best at customer service

Roger
Sr Project Consultant in US
Management Consulting, 201–500 Employees

Easy way to track and report expenses

Comments: Overall, the best expense tracker that I have used. I would say that the features are always updated to help manage daily work for someone who remotely handles projects and needs the latest and most efficient way to work. This takes away a lot of the old processes for handling expenses.

Pros:

As a weekly traveler, my expenses add up quickly. This software allows easy import of receipts, tracking of projects, and submission of expense reports. You can use your camera to take a shot of a receipt so that you don't lose it (which is a great thing for me) Managing multiple expense reports, assigning the reports to specific projects, handling foreign tax exchanges, even the submission of the reports and tracking their progress, all made easy with Concur. I like having the mobile app that syncs with my laptop app as well.

Cons:

Sometimes it is not so easy to match up specific receipts to the correct expense when you have multiple ones for the same vendor. Not sure how to remedy.

Clayton
Engineer in US
Medical Devices, 10,000+ Employees

Software that gets the job done for users

Comments: Overall, Concur does its job well. I want to be able to book and expense travel easily and I have got that with Concur every time I have booked for the past few years. I would definitely recommend others to use Concur and, in all of my professional experience, have not used a software that performs better.

Pros:

I have been using SAP Concur for over 2 years to book travel and manage expense reports for travel. I have always found it easy to use and navigate, especially when booking travel. For international trips, I have found the customer service team to be prompt and extremely helpful. For domestic trips, the user interface is easy to use and I have had no issues booking both plane tickets and hotel rooms. I find that the results are up-to-date and there aren't flights "missing" from the Concur results. Expensing travel costs is also easy and usually uneventful.

Cons:

Occasionally there is some confusion with regards to reports. For example, some charges show up on a credit card as pending but never go through and Concur will keep them in perpetuity. Sometimes it appears there are extra expenses that need reporting. However, this is really minor and ultimately has never prevented me from using Concur successfully.

Kara
Director in US
Online Media, 51–200 Employees

Mobile friendly and seamless expense tool

Comments: Overall, Concur has been a huge time saver. We used to have to use excel sheets to submit expense reports. Now, it can happen in real time, and it's much easier to process the reports and submit payment quickly.

Pros:

The best thing about Concur is that the app user experience is fantastic and reliable. It's easy to take pictures of receipts, or even link your purchases to your Concur account to log automatically. When I use Lyft for work, for example, I use my "business account" to book the trip, and the receipt and trip log automatically in Concur. Another great thing about Concur is it's integration with TripIt and the ability to book work travel within Concur.

Cons:

The travel booking is a bit clunky, and doesn't allow for integration of certain rewards programs, like Hotels.com. It also doesn't always catch all options for your search criteria. For example, when searching for a hotel in New York City on specific dates, the cheapest hotel I could find using Concur's Travel was $500 per night, but when I went on Hotels.com, I found one for $300 per night.

Emily
Collections Manager in US
Financial Services, 51–200 Employees

Travel and Spend Management Program

Comments: SAP Concur save time which improve productivity and in turn ROI by reducing manual accounting tasks.

Pros:

SAP Concur has all the capabilities that help automate over 90% of my daily accounting processes such as AR and General Ledger.

Cons:

Compared to alternative accounting programs, SAP Concur is a bit expensive.

Catarina
SAP Business Analyst in France
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

My Review of SAP Concur

Comments: I am the administrator of Concur in the company where I work, together with my team. We use SAP Concur at our company to manage travel & travel expenses. It was the best thing that ever happen to us regarding expenses & travel - very good management and very custom content in order to adapt each reality to the tool.

Pros:

It is very intuitive, very flexible (since we are connected to other systems and it works quite well). It is a tool that offers an endless number of features that any company would like to have in order to optimize its employee expense & travel management.

Cons:

The only cons against SAP Concur I find is that, being a person who implements Concur projects in several countries, SAP Concur only works with country specifications when these are legal requirements. That is, if it is not a legal requirement but it is a constant practice of the company, Concur does not provide it. I think this is a cons against the tool, since it leaves users unhappy and in need of more (most of the time what happens is that users gain some features, but lose others - country specifications - that were already automated in tools previously used). However, I love the tool and I think it is a great asset.

Senior Financial Analyst in Canada
Wholesale, 51–200 Employees

SAP Concur - Expense Management from a Business User Perspective

Comments: Overall, SAP Concur Expense management fits what our company is expecting from it.

Pros:

Concur is a great way for a company to manage employees' expenses. You can customize and input your own controls to ensure that employees cannot take advantage of the system and that any fraudulent activity is prevented.

Cons:

The one part that SAP Concur could improve upon is that they could provide more flexibility with the missing receipt affidavits. At our company, we require employees to have itemized receipts along with the credit card receipt to verify the legitimacy of their purchase. If an employee is missing one of them, they can attach the receipt that they have, but cannot create a missing receipt affidavit for the one they are missing.

Kavindu Githsara
Kavindu Githsara
System Specialist in Sri Lanka
E-Learning, 51–200 Employees

Is SAP Concur the Right Travel and Expense Management Solution for Your Business?

Comments: SAP Concur is a good choice for businesses looking to automate and streamline their travel and expense management processes. Its range of features and integrations can help businesses manage and track employee travel and expenses more efficiently, while its advanced security measures provide a secure and reliable platform for conducting transactions. However, it may not be the best choice for businesses that do not have a high volume of travel and expense activity or those that are not willing to invest the time and resources required to set up and customize the platform.

Pros:

SAP Concur is a travel and expense management platform that helps businesses automate and streamline their travel and expense processes. It offers a range of features and tools to help businesses manage and track employee travel and expenses, including support for booking travel, creating and approving expense reports, and integrating with popular accounting and HR systems. SAP Concur is abale to automate and streamline travel and expense management processes. This platform helped us to reduce the time and resources they spend on manual travel and expense tasks, freeing up more time to focus on other areas of our business. Platform's integrations with popular accounting and HR systems, such as QuickBooks and Workday, which makes this a Powerful System.

Cons:

According to the experience, this platform may be expensive, especially for businesses that have a high volume of travel and expense activity.

Museums & Institutions, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Concur is a four letter word with most people at my institution

Pros:

It lets me log in easily most of the time.

Cons:

concur is a bad word or dreaded verb for most people who have to do reconciliation and expense requests at my workplace. we are not sure if our version is formatted/layed out/compiled specifically for us or if all other companies have the same problems. admittedly everyone hates accounting for their purchases. and you already asked and made sure it was okay to spend money from the budget. then you have to create an expense request ( paper trail / auditing document ) so that you can then buy something. then after you buy it and finally get a bill/receipt you go into concur to settle things up. but when you go to grab the request to link it to the autopopulated transaction, you have to look closely to see the little blue link that allows you to link the receipt to the request to the purchase. if you miss it on one page it doesn't appear easily in the expense report page. so when you get a new notification with a new expense, it is more linkable to go find your original request to link it to a new report expense to create a new report file and autoload the expense and attach your receipts. it would be nice if their were more cross links from expense to request that were more up front.

Jeff
Customer Service Manager in US
Construction, 1,001–5,000 Employees

The app is so easy!

Comments: Our expense tracking was fairly rudimentary and manual prior to using Concur. In just the few years that I have been using the software, new features have been rolled out that our company has embraced. The feedback that I've received from our accounting teams is great. It is playing well with our other software systems. As stated above, I love the app!

Pros:

My favorite part of this software is the companion mobile app. The desktop software is great but the mobile version utilizes what all smartphones have- a camera! The "ExpenseIt" feature is super easy to photograph your receipts and categorize expenses. It is relatively smart (ie; knows that food from restaurant X is probably a meal expense) and begins to learn your tendencies for category coding. Once I know that the receipt image is in Concur, I no longer have to keep the paper. I'm now in the habit of using the app as soon as I have a receipt in hand. So easy! I don't travel as much as our outside sales team, but there is also a great feature that I use occasionally and they use daily called "Concur Drive". It's a mileage tracker that automatically calculates your reimbursable mileage and uploads to your expenses file for you.

Cons:

The desktop application takes some training as it's not entirely intuitive. We have hundreds of users, so we have dedicated training modules hosted in person or online.