15 years helping Irish businesses

About Praxis EMR

The #1 rated, AI based, template-free EMR/EHR that learns and gets progressively faster and easier with the highest medical quality.

Learn more about Praxis EMR

Pros:

Flexibility, time saving for documentation and ease of use.

Cons:

I wasted a lot of time (and money) in not getting Praxis in the beginning, but I'm making up for lost time now. Praxis connects to everything in my office which is good.

Praxis EMR ratings

4.9
5.0
4.9
5.0

9.9/10

Praxis EMR has an overall rating of 5.0 out 5 stars based on 190 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Praxis EMR before?

Julius
Julius
Physician Owner in US

Best EMR for the money

Comments: I have used numerous EMR system in the past. In the clinic alone, this the third one we used. Praxis cuts back on my documentation time to less than an hour a day which is pretty good considering that I see > 20 patient a day. Technical support is outstanding. Very welcoming, friendly and knowledgeable.

Pros:

Functionalities that you can tailor to your needs. Live Technical support in case you need one.

Cons:

The first week of use requires building your knowledge base and can be challenging. However, as created two or three documents, it gets easier every time.

Todd
Physician Owner in US
Medical Practice, 2–10 Employees

PRAXIS - The only AI (Concept Processor) EMR... THAT LEARNS FROM THE USER.

Comments: My experience with Praxis has been nothing short of AMAZING. Is it perfect? NO!!! BUT, what Praxis has is something I have NEVER experienced with any other EMR and that is that it's corporate philosophy is that its clients are the teachers and Praxis is the student. Praxis will always be the leader because they understand that the clients and users are the most important part of their relationship moving forward and [sensitive content hidden] is wholly dedicated to making Praxis the PREMIER EMR from the perspective of the client and he will accept nothing short of that.

Pros:

The reviews pulled me in. The [sensitive content hidden] is a physician whose integrity is second to none who has cultivated a corporate atmosphere commensurate with their mission of servicing the front line medical providers to facilitate the physician-patient relationship, improve quality of care specific to each individual user, improve and streamline the documentation process while protecting providers from malpractice events in the process, all while allowing the provider to document encounters the way they practice medicine instead of forcing the provider to change the way they practice medicine to fit the preconceived format of the EMR and MACROs. Praxis is simply the MOST COMPREHENSIVE, MOST FLEXIBLE, MOST ADAPTIVE ( on the fly ), MOST TRANSFORMATIVE Electronic Medical Records Program currently on the market. Praxis incorporates your own verbiage into every note and there are no pre-loaded MACROs composed of someone else's words. Instead, Praxis uses selectable discreet variables that can be incorporated throughout the note that can be used to change the meaning of sentences or entire paragraphs to appropriately document the entire encounter, all of which is completely adaptive on the fly so if you change it once, it will forever be a selectable option for you to use on similar charts moving forward, as applicable. Additionally, Praxis has been designed to be completely searchable meaning that EVERYTHING within Praxis is searchable making Praxis, not only the best EMR for documenting encounters but also the most powerful tool for conducting Outcomes Based Research currently available, enabling researchers to incorporate research questions directly into each unique users note and then cull all the de-identified data directly to the researchers databank automatically without imposing any of these tasks on the front line users. To put it simply, Praxis if the only EMR currently available that was conceived by a physician, specifically designed to improve the physician-patient relationship, facilitate a highly adaptive documentation process in a way that helps to protects user form malpractice issues in multiple ways, facilitates high quality Outcomes Based Research without any additional burden to the front line providers and affords the users with a higher quality of life by streamlining the entirety of the medical documentation process. This EMR will change the practice of medicine and facilitating physicians retaking control of their profession on every level.

Cons:

What I liked the least about Praxis was that Praxis was not my FIRST EMR.

Pedro

Best EMR for physicians

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: With praxis I have no complaints it’s just the way medicine has come to at this stage

Pros:

The ease of use, not having to click on each point , I am able to free write notes on specified patient and it will save to that specific patient or also save in general for patients with similar diagnosis The system learns how you write and document

Cons:

I have used praxis for many years, the one minor issue I would say is with the way controlled medication need to be sent to the pharmacy

Tina

Praxis EMR first 4 months

Comments: Frustrating training. Very slow. Not consistent. Very robust in what it can do. But I think it will take me a while until I get to the point that I can really appreciate it. The concept pf the processer is great.

Pros:

It is different in that every thing is set up in one page for a SOAP note instead of having different windows for the note, the diagnosis , meds, etc. This is easier than flipping around the chart. Also, when you put something in the note, such as the prescription, or a referral, it sends it when you close the note. So you aren't having to do something twice.

Cons:

It is different as it is set up so the processor needs to "learn" what you do to help you write notes. You have a full note available and then activate or deactivate what pertains. Unfortunately the Plan section is a little disjointed and doesn't have this ability. In fact that is one of the most annoying things that there is not one consistent way to do things. Some processes take one click , some take two, some you check "ok" and some you click "enter". There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason. And my training had no idea why it is like that or how to help me know which way other than wrote memory. So the training is very uphill and the setting up of "assessments", their idea of templates, is very cumbersome. So I think that once I get there, it will be very useful . The other big downfall is that it is runs very slow. They recently migrated to Postgress to fix this, but I don't see a difference except there seem to be fewer crashes.

A breath of fresh air

Comments: An excellent Dr. friendly EMR. As a busy Dr. who works 12 hour days, it is very efficient.

Pros:

I was send private practice and use Praxis. 8 years ago I joined UCI Medical Center and had to use epic. After that I have decided to go back into private practice and use Praxis. Epic is a very large program made to run radiology, lab, universities etc., but it Is not very user-friendly for doctors. It seems like epic was written by attorneys. For example, if I ordered something in epic and wanted to change it, I can just delete the water. I have to use a drop-down list of reasons (such as ordered in error, duplicate order, etc.). That's just one example of the inefficiency in epic. Writing orders for anything in epic takes 3 times as long as Praxis. Praxis is very efficient at charting, ordering medications labs MRIs etc. I do use Praxis in a somewhat template oriented fashion which I prefer. It interface is well with transcription and voice-activated dictation.

Cons:

There is nothing I like the least about Praxis, Especially the current version.

Richard
Clinical Director Physician in US
Hospital & Health Care, 2–10 Employees

With Praxis nothing falls between the cracks... NOTHING IS EVER LEFT UNDONE OR MISSED

Pros:

The NURSING TASK agents. From referrals, test results, record request, patient compliance, orders, and any things outside of your clinics four walls and your control PRAXIS "stays on top of it" so you don't have to think about it. Also... when you call support the phone is answered within 10 seconds BY A LIVE, ENGLISH SPEAKING, KNOWLEDGABLE SUPPORT STAFF MEMBER. No leaving voice mails, no call backs, no being on hold for hours. ,

Cons:

I looked at PRAXIS over 25 years ago but went with SOAPWARE by DOC's instead. That one is now defunct as so so many others became following mandated implantation requirements by ONC and other federal agencies. Praxis had the knowledge, talent and determination to keep moving forward to serve the providers, their number one priority back then and remains that way today. It was my bad for not selecting Praxis years ago.

Steven
President in US

An EMR That Easily Grows & Changes To Suit My Needs

Comments: Praxis has become an essential partner of my practice, not just a software provider. I know many of the employees and I've even been contacted by the [sensitive content hidden] to be sure all was well. My career is over 30 years and I've used probably dozens of EMR programs. I almost universally disliked them all, except Praxis. Praxis is dynamic, flexible, mature, and easily modifiable by end users. It stands far above other EMRs I've used.

Pros:

Two major criteria that led me to select Praxis was the following. 1) I hate to repeat myself. I wanted an EMR that allowed me to develop diagnostic and treatment plans that reflect my style of care without having to repeat large groups of text for each patient with similar problems. And 2) I wanted to be certain that all problems are monitored to resolution. Praxis tracks and monitors problems over time and automates patient communication and recall. A perfect solution, and it keeps getting better.

Cons:

I've not encountered any major problems or concerns. Should I have any problems, customer support is consistent, reliable and quick.

Kristofer
Owner in US

Fantastic multi-diciplinary EMR

Comments: I have always felt like the crew at Praxis were working as a team. From the sales team to implementation and support. Issues come up and they get resolved quickly and efficiently.

Pros:

I love that it basically "reads my mind". I don't love to type so the fact that I can use my own words in many different ways and not retype them is gold.

Cons:

Was a pretty straight forward transition.

Ajeeb
Ajeeb

Praxis Great EMR for the Private Practioner and primary care medicine

Comments: Reduced time for documentation and patient charting!

Pros:

Easy to use documentation of patient visit notes and billing codes and procedures done as well.

Cons:

I have it interphasing with our billing software and the electronic prescription of controlled software

Darren
Admin in US

Praxis EMR

Comments: The team worked through setting up the system for our practice and once we learned it our documentation time continued to decrease. I really appreciate the support from the company after going live as well. We continue to learn new features and the company continues to improve the product.

Pros:

It helps carry needed information forward, has customizable profiles and speeds up documentation time considerably over our last system.

Cons:

The old version was slow, but with the new version that is corrected.

Erik
Psychiatrist / Owner in US

Incredible Experience

Comments: I'm a few weeks into the onboarding experience. The team has been phenomenal. Multiple attentive people, and the trainer is the best. Oh.. and I had a very unusual connectivity request, and in turn.. even their subcontractors are amazing. They are teaching our clinic how to vastly improve the tele-psychiatry experience for our providers (that wasn't even in the work order or request, it was, ...hey can I get some advice, ...for free I am working with expert who is amazing, he isn't even an employee of Praxis).

Pros:

So when I saw the demo, my jaw dropped... They took concepts I knew and ran with them further than I imagined possible. My next thought was... oh my... people may not easily realize what Praxis has accomplished until using the software... For context.. In residency training I was tasked with teaching patient presentations to medical student. I had some previous training in internal medicine at an Ivy League Program where I struggled with presentation skills. But due to a lot of intensive work and guidance I became very skilled (and the prior struggle lent itself to teaching students, because I could guide students having difficulty). One cornerstone was teaching students that were do not process information in written text, and if you look at a transcription of any conversation, it tends to be... run-on sentence, fragment, tangential thought, one word reply, then run-on sentence, etc. Speech is fragmentation and it needs to stay that way else it is difficult for the listener (..that is why it is so annoying when you hear an entire lecture read off long paragraphs in powerpoint). Speech patterns aside, the point is that we do not think in written text. Furthermore, as a provider gains experience, human cognition allows them to process information much faster than conscious awareness. Praxis understands this, and they built something revolutionary. Put in your information on their website and watch their demo, I would need to write 2 pages to explain it.

Cons:

It took me three years to find them, and had it not been for the Coronavirus pandemic forcing me to search high and low for an ideal EMR, I would have stayed with paper charts and dictations (I hate EMRs, every one except Praxis)

Anil
Medical Practice, 2–10 Employees

A great emr that will keep improving your pratice, keep improving your speed, and save you time

Comments: The overall Praxis experience has been fantastic. I wanted an EMR that would grow and flow with the way I think and mature with my clinical acumen and practice, and I found it with Praxis! Praxis is my best friend and has kept me enjoying my practice. I am saving anywhere from $24,000 to $36,000 a year by using Praxis EMR, and the system gives me immense pleasure every day just charting. Other EMRs I've seen keep changing the layout, without improving the system. Praxis just gets better over time.

Pros:

Praxis is an EMR that leanrs the way you think and keeps getting better the more you use it. Praxis will keep saving you an immense amount of time. It makes MIPS easy to do because the reporting can be incorporated in your assessment. You don't need a separate person doing it for you. Praxis will remind you when you need to do certain tests such as a lung nodule, it will remind you about repeating a CT scan or chest X-Ray in a year. What other EMR software does that? As you learn new treatment modalities once you teach Praxis, it will bring it up in any similar clinical setting. It's amazing. Praixs is like training your own PA, but better than humans, Praxis will never make a mistake.

Cons:

There is always help online within minutes for any issue, it is only click away. The Praxis engineers are excellent and are there for you in a blink of an eye To get started, you need to be trained by Praxis, and they have excellent trainers. They are always there to help you and improve the process as Praxis comes as empty canvas at first. Much like art, as you begin drawing on it, you keep improving the painting. If you don't want to spend the time teaching Praxis you can import medical knowledge from a similar provider or practice. Most of all the money you save is immense.

Daniel
Physician Assistant in US

Prraxis EMR- A diamond among the pack

Comments: As a solo provider Praxis has allowed me to save valuable charting time, allowed me to expand my clinical data base and easily integrate the administrative functions I needed.

Pros:

This EMR is the most flexible and adaptable EMR I have encountered . It is easily tailored to the individual provider, easily edited for individual patient differences and even remembers the chronic problems of each patient. You determine the format rather than being given a set format, Allows for minimal mouse use rather than tying you to a "clicker". Layout is excellent , well organized and intuitive. With this EMR you are not tethered to a template that is difficult to edit and it allows you to edit notes on the fly. Prescribing format allows for individual preferences and is extremely easy to modify to each patient. Allows you to keep private notes which are hidden and diagnostic testing templates can be added at user discretion. You are not stuck with a note that has a lot of useless junk because it allows you to edit the set-up on initial installation and then add or delete as you see fit. User Support is absolutely top notch, real time availability and always had any problem solved with a single call.

Cons:

The only thing I have found that could be improved is the product logo. My only desire is an added controlled substance tool but that is already in process .

JULIE
NURSE PRACTITIONER in US
Medical Practice, 2–10 Employees

PRAXIS GIVES ME GREAT DOCUMENTATION IN LESS TIME!

Comments: Exceptional! Customer service is priority. Staff are extremely responsive. During implementation, the person working with you tells you the next person you meet. Contact is made almost immediately. You are never left wondering if you are forgotten. With customer support, if they can't fix the problem, a ticket is sent to IT to assist. The problem gets resolved within 24 hours . I then receive an email. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is the usual person I get on customer chat. Her follow up has been timely, complete, and exactly what I requested.
A trainer is assigned at implementation to teach the system. My trainer, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], is available to me, even after initial training is complete. His availability is posted online for obtaining extra 1:1 help. He has email and text available for quick issues. He usually responds within the hour. If written communication instructions are not understood, a session invitation is extended to me. He has always been very patient, kind, and understanding. He ensures I understand the training and can reproduce processes without him.
The [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], is very involved with Praxis. He continues to improve Praxis by contacting providers for ways to make it better. He is always open, friendly, relaxed, and communicative. Before having this system, I never spoke with anybody outside customer support. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is always asking Praxis users about ways to improve his product and make it better for the end users, providers!

Pros:

Praxis has so many great features that confining them to a small space is difficult. The ability to document thoroughly is at the top on the list. Praxis remembers what is written from one note to the next, so you build upon what is written from note to note. Comparison is simple because it is already there. The time saved from not having to continuously document the same thing repeatedly, frees up so much time that a complex note can be completed in less than 10 minutes. The history of the note can be pulled over from prior notes easily without multiple steps. With just 1 click, it’s there. Codes are saved within Praxis, so a simple click recalls them. They are always saved and available at the click of a button from note to note. This feature saves so much time that documentation is shortened by not having to continuously “look” for the correct code. Once it’s there, it never goes away. The last great thing about Praxis is virtually no down time with the system. I don’t think I have ever had the system go down since I have been using the system. If the system shuts itself down for security reasons or you close it by mistake, Praxis automatically saves your note so nothing is lost. This is a priceless feature, having had other systems boot me out, losing everything in the note. I am usually at the end and must start the note all over again. With Praxis it is saved automatically and you pick up where you left off.

Cons:

The worst thing about Praxis is that I didn’t find it early enough in my search for an EMR to not have to go through two other systems that were disappointing and didn’t meet my needs. I have spent innumerable hours that I can never get back doing endless documentation when I could have been having time with family, friends, or a myriad of other pleasurable things instead of EMR work. I don’t feel there are any other cons of using Praxis except those associated with not finding this system sooner. Praxis gets faster and more intuitive the more you use it. this makes all the difference in the world when there is so much documentation required for reimbursement now.

Mark
Medical Practice, 2–10 Employees

Thanks PRAXIS for an excellent product

Comments: The most important step with starting out with PRAXIS is to realize that you will come with baggage, bad habits and workarounds from using your prior EMR and it is best to spend some time in identifying them and do not carry them into your implementation of PRAXIS.

Pros:

A clean interface that allows me to do what I want without having to look thru multiple panels of non relevant information, poke thru menu lists or buttons. This really reduces operator fatigue , frustration leaving me fresh for the rest of the day. All list boxes have a superb and fast search input line at the top a couple of keystrokes and I have what I want, no need to scroll thru endless lists. I had been using another EMR and had developed habits that were causing me to duplicate work while writing a note. On starting with PRAXIS I had to look at what I was doing and ask myself " What is the essence of this encounter, what defines it" This was the hardest step because it involved changes in my behavior, and once this was done, and it did not take long to get up and running. I had been using templates before and they were huge structures that fit no encounter, they had to be modified, whittled into shape on the fly. PRAXIS solves the problem by having smaller elements of a note which are rapidly assembled into the structure without any editing because each element is the essence. I can get a note for a diabetic exam including a foot exam before seeing the next patient. PRAXIS has a tremendous amount of automation, that diabetic patient will get an automatic recall for labs in x months. Support is excellent, there is an online portal where questions are answered. I have used this on many occasions and response is quick and interactive. Someone , is replying to your questions within a minute and since it is a two way conversation you do not get a "canned" answer. I have PRAXIS on my in house server, apparently 80% of users prefer the on line hosted version. I have used both and can find no difference in speed or utility. I will eventually migrate to hosted online version. This involves overnighting the drive to PRAXIS and you are up and running.

Cons:

Nothing, it has been a great improvement over my last EMR. I can get notes completed within a few minutes of seeing a patient with diagnoses that carry appropriate RAF scores for the patients problems.

Maria Chela
Family Physician/ Owner in Guam

Praxis EMR is THE BEST

Comments: Amazing and absolutely exceptional! I am SO happy that I chose Praxis!

Pros:

Praxis allows me to document each of my clinical notes the way I really want, in my own style and words, fast and efficiently. Praxis enables me to reference and use my old clinical notes efficiently and properly to write new, accurate and individualized notes as I see patients. I actually really enjoy using it, unlike many of the doctors I know who find using their EMRs frustrating and burdensome. The customer service and support that Praxis provides is the absolute BEST I have experienced. From the time I inquired with Praxis, to purchasing the system, and training to use it, the support that different members of the Praxis team has given me and my staff has been consistently prompt, supportive and knowledgeable.

Cons:

Nothing, I just wish that I discovered Praxis sooner than I did.

Atitaya
Medical Director/MD in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Early returns on investment are fantastic

Comments: Amazing

Pros:

Primary number one benefit is the reduction in time I am spending on doing notes. Our clinic is a headache center so we see a lot of the same type of patient, but two months in and Praxis is helping tremendously with the paperwork. Time spent on doing notes is currently reduced 60% and as the program continues to evolve it is likely to be reduced further. We switched from EMDS to Praxis and very much wish we had made the transition sooner. The speed of the server logged into is outstanding and seamlessly connecting from home is a huge perk that we had probably undervalued. Working from home in today’s pandemic climate is even more crucial than ever. The support staff assisting with the transition has been amazing. I can’t say enough great things about [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] as we have transitioned from EMDS to Praxis without missing a day of work. EMRs have come so far in the last 11 years and it feels like we are now back to the future. If your EMR is over 10 years old I highly encourage you to take a closer look at cloud based systems. The math (cost) and product have changed dramatically in that time and we have now moved away from our server and all of its clunkiness. We are so happy to have joined the Praxis family and can’t wait to grow our clinic with them through the years.

Cons:

Waiting this long to switch from our old server based EMR Emds.

Edwin
Medical Director in US

Excellent System. We would never go back to paper.

Comments: It allowed us to have notes that "sounded like us", not like some robot. It is easy to change the "templates" as we go along. It gives us more complete notes.

Pros:

We looked at most every large vendor system and all had the same limitation, you had to use templates so the notes sounded stilted or were simply unreadable. With Praxis our notes read as though we dictated them. They flow well and convey information in the way we think. Creating your own templates will take some time but you can modify them as you work. No need to call IT or tech support. You can dictate into the system as well, I think, but we never have done that. The trainers learned our practice style, a bit about our specialty (Sleep Medicine) and we decided to set the system up differently than is normally done. It worked great and Praxis software is flexible enough that we could do that. Most importantly, once we were up and running it didn't really slow us down. It also made for more complete notes. The query bit makes it easy to search your patient base when you are doing the Performance Improvement projects that the ACOs require.

Dr Catherine
Solo physician-Internal Medicine in US

Great EHR that I am able to customize to fit to my practice.

Pros:

Praxis has a Concept Processor model that allows you to make your own template for problems thereby reminding me to order the appropriate tests for a specific problem. I am able to change this as time goes by. This is what attracted me to this EHR. I researched several EHR companies finally deciding on Praxis. I wanted a company that was stable and was going to be around for the future . I also wanted a program that would have the ability to change to meet the requirements of the government or physicians. Because of the government, new burdens are placed on us every year and I feel that Praxis rises up to the challenge. I started off with my own server in my office and now I am using the cloud server. Customer service is very fast and prompt. The price I feel is reasonable. No EHR is perfect but I feel that Praxis fits almost of all of my EHR needs.

Cons:

EHR's are never fast enough, but Praxis does a good job in keeping up with me. I am sure every EHR user feels the same way.

Ray
Medical Practice, 11–50 Employees

Why would anyone use something else

Comments: I see my colleagues using other EMR's (names withheld) who now go to work at 5:30am and 6:00am every day just to finish the charting from the previous day. I walk out of the room and 3 min later my note is done, printed, orders ready to fax to surgery center, and consults ready to go to PCP. What more do I need?

Pros:

It is easier than a paper chart and my work flow has never had to change. It is absolutely intuitive. It leverages the power of the computer against the mind of the clinician. No EMR is going to make me a better doctor or make money that I don't earn. But, Praxis allows me to document what I do without extra work.

Cons:

The only drawback is that the government bureaucrats try to screw everything up. But, Praxis works hard to keep doctors doctors and giving the bean counters what they want without extra work from me.

Maria
M.D./ Family Physician in Guam
Medical Practice, 2–10 Employees

I think Praxis is the BEST EMR, and their customer service and training is EXCELLENT!!!

Comments: Praxis increases the efficiency in my clinic, and helps me document my cases more thoroughly, accurately and timely. I really like it that with Praxis, I get to document my notes on an EMR exactly the way I'd like, instead of having to use fixed templates. It's also enjoyable and intuitive to use.

Pros:

I like Praxis most because it lets me chart exactly the way I want, in my own words, instead of forcing a template on me. Their customer service is the best I've experienced. Their staff responds to my calls and e-mails very promptly and are always knowledgeable and helpful. This is so superior to the bad customer service that I've experienced inquiring with some other EMR companies before (late or no response to my e-mails/ phone calls, ect.). The Praxis trainer I was assigned is so excellent and supportive. I like having the flexibility and convenience of being able to do remote sessions with my trainer, and the Praxis training videos available online are great, as well.

Cons:

It takes a bit of work to put in your cases into Praxis at the start, as it is template-free, but this feature is actually one of the best things about the system, once you put in the time and work to set it up properly.

Ed
Medical Practice, 11–50 Employees

The most easily adaptable software out there

Comments: Praxis is exactly what we needed. We are Sleep Medicine docs so we deal with relatively few diagnoses so this works great. I have no idea how it would work for neurology, IM, etc. I suspect quite well.

Pros:

We can make changes on the fly and don't need IT to do that for us. We can have different "templates" for each clinician that they can customize themselves. The product reads like a dictation. We use scribes and this is a very easy system to adapt to that. Once you understand the logic behind the software it is quite brilliant.

Cons:

No real complaints. You have to be prepared to create your own "templates" but it is worth it to have it just like you want it. Like all software there will be a learning curve, but it is fairly intuitive. Support has been great.

david
Practitioner
Mental Health Care, 2–10 Employees

Praxis Review

Comments: I've been using Praxis for a year. It's a pretty awesome program. The design allows docs to build templates on the fly and reuse the same templates and modify them for each patient. The templates and modifications can be saved as new templates and pulled up based on assessments. If you've got a patient with multiple assessments, then pull up one or more of the completed templates and build a report as a collection of templates. For instance if someone has elevated homocysteine, then once you've built a template for this assessment, each time another case has this imbalance, the full template can be pulled in containing diagnosis codes, patient educational info, recommended diet and lifestyle changes, meds or supplements and description of the condition. Write it once and it's there whenever you need it again.

Pros:

Easy template use, smart software, great customer support.

Cons:

I'm waiting for patient portal for patients to fill out history online, to be incorporated directly into chart so that no manual entries will be required for this step. It's a feature that is in the pipeline and should speed up the patient management and reporting considerably.

Robert
President/Medical Director in US

Praxi EMR experince

Pros:

We started using Praxis in 2005, when it was still quite new because its approach to medical record generation was intelligent, adaptable and grew in sophistication and capability as the underlying database grew.

Cons:

It's a remarkably lightweight and ultimately intuitive software to use. Unlike template systems, the database from which new records are drawn goes to match the clinical problems encountered in the practice exactly and to adapt to changes in practice as they occur.

Robert
MD. in US

The more you use PRAXIS the speed of the program accelerates as it learns your thought patterns.

Pros:

The program has a Conceptual processor (not templates) which is extremely flexible, quick and this makes PRAXIS unique when compared to all other EMR's. Having used templates before it is an easy start but as the data is placed in the template EMR it becomes cumbersome, slower and more difficult to use. PRAXIS self learns your practice patterns and improves with time. After 16 years of using PRAXIS I still make daily micro improvements to my knowledge base as medicine changes. I go to an OB/GYN conference and learn a new treatment and at home I create a new virtual patient for my data base and throw away my notes.