15 years helping Irish businesses

About Church Windows

User-friendly, powerful church management software with Membership, Scheduler, Donations, Accounting, and Payroll. Desktop and Web!

Learn more about Church Windows

Pros:

It's easy to set up special accounts and link income and expenses, as was particularly needed this year when we received money from the Payroll Protection Program.

Cons:

Working without the help. My routine hard and too many mistakes.

Church Windows ratings

3.9
4.6
4.1
4.4

8.1/10

Church Windows has an overall rating of 4.3 out 5 stars based on 959 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Church Windows before?

Financial Secretary in US
Religious Institutions, 2–10 Employees

Awesome Church Management Software!

Comments: Church Windows has helped our church operations in so many ways. The reporting and budgeting options in Accounting have been especially helpful in financial planning and oversight. The payroll module simplifies all things related to payroll (direct deposit, taxes, W-2s, etc). Giving statements are easy to produce, as well as giving reports. People tracking is always a challenge, and the Membership module does so much to help. The support is fantastic, they know the program, and many of them also serve in their local church. Overall, Church Windows is an outstanding product!

Pros:

Our church has used Church Windows for many years. It seamlessly tracks people, giving, accounting, and payroll. Each module can be used by itself, or integrated to all work together. The support people are fantastic--friendly, patient, and easy to understand. Training is readily available through online video tutorials, brief online training sessions, workbooks, and the program help feature. The user-friendly software is great for beginners, offers many features for seasoned users, and versatile enough for church volunteers and employees alike.

Cons:

Nothing. I love everything about Church Windows!

6 years ago

Lisa, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at [email protected] Thanks again, Church Windows Support

George
Rector in US

Aging Technology

Comments: We use church windows to manage our parishioners’ records and all donations. We have been using this solution for more than 15 years. While it has served us well, it has not grown with changing technology. We are in the process of moving to a cloud-based solution.

Pros:

Robust church management solution from a well established provider. Cost of maintenance is negligible. Feature-rich.

Cons:

Single platform (Windows only). No viable cloud option (they offer cloud service, but it is really just their regular software on VM). Difficult UI, not intuitive.

5 years ago

George, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at [email protected] Thanks again, Church Windows

Staci
Office Secretary in US
Religious Institutions, 51–200 Employees

Navigating Church Windows for Ease of Use

Comments: Overall experience is very good. I would rate it very well. Adequate support makes all the difference in helping to apply a good experience in working with any kind of software uses.

Pros:

I like how all of the options and functions are easy to find and navigate through in finding the information and the end result of printing out a report, labels, or directory listing that I am looking for. All of the information is easy to read, find, and use when I am able to print out a listing and read it correctly.

Cons:

I did not like how the instructions are somewhat muddled and a little hard to interpret sometimes. The system itself is easy to use, but however the steps in order to understand in how to use the software is not necessarily the easiest to understand. Whenever I have contacted Church Windows phone support they have always been very helpful, but sometimes it gets confusing in order to know how to ask the certain questions to under to achieve the end results for what I am looking for. I am going to explore more so in newest coffee break webinars in order to access the features and function to help me understand the system and help me to navigate around it much better.

Patricia

Long-time user

Comments: The church Session likes the Income and Expense Statement that they are given each month. Also, reports for individual committees.

Pros:

I have used Church Windows at two different churches. Compared to other church software I have used, Church Windows is superior in ease of use, and support. The cost is very affordable. . Support is excellent, especially using e-mail.

Cons:

I would like to see more ability to build reports. Sometimes it is frustrating trying to get the information needed.

5 years ago

Patricia, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at [email protected] Thanks again, Church Windows

LAURIE

Church Windows - an A+ Product

Comments: We've been using Church Windows for about 15 years now. I love the history of transactions, how easy it is to use, and the good price for customer support.

Pros:

It's very user-friendly and the layout makes sense - I can find what I'm looking for and complete tasks easily and quickly.

Cons:

Occasionally, there are bugs, as with any software. We've had to call support a couple of times and they are very helpful.

Useful

Comments: I like using Church Windows. It has been good for our congregation.

Pros:

The modules and how payroll and donations work with accounting.

Cons:

Having to use an "accounting" rather than "financial" module. I don't like having to enter bills and pay them.

Brittney
Administrative Assistant in US

Church Windows

Comments: I use it for attendance, donations, and membership.

Pros:

There are MANY features available. We use if for many different reasons.

Cons:

Some of the menu options seem "old school". Not easy to navigate unless specifically trained, or read the manuals.

5 years ago

Brittney, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at [email protected] Thanks again, Church Windows

Sean
Religious Institutions, 2–10 Employees

Church Windows is a pretty good Church Management software, plain and simple.

Comments: As a younger individual who is able to use all of the tech that this program offers, most churches are not up to speed. let a lone up to the gathering point of contributions needed for the cost.

Pros:

Church Windows can help you track your membership, donations, accounting, and schedules. Highly supported and the team is available to help with anything you need.

Cons:

Sometimes too much of a good thing can be bad. While all the features offered by Church Windows are magnificent, many churches will never need even half of the potential this offers. When you see the price tag that may become clear.

Jamie
Jamie
Owner in US

Amazing Customer Service

Comments: Overall, Church Windows is a great software and I could never say enough about the wonderful customer service. I can easily track day to day transactions and report to our Vestry board on a monthly basis. As we all know, churches run on budgets so it is important to be as accurate as possible every month to make sure we stay within the budget. Church Windows has been instrumental in showing us where we need to make cuts and where we can afford to grow.

Pros:

Customer Service is amazing. I never have to wait on hold and they call back fairly quickly with a knowledgeable rep. Everyone I have spoken to has been extremely helpful and kind.

Cons:

Having used software like Quickbooks my entire career, I am used to Intuit's ease of use. Pulling up the check register and being able to click right to the transaction. Church Windows is great and I can find everything I need and print any kind of report I would need but it's not quite as user friendly as I would like. I also don't like that payroll is in a separate icon and not built into the other modules.

5 years ago

Jamie, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at [email protected] Thanks again, Church Windows Support

Jerry
Jerry
Church Treasurer in US

Difficulty Converting to Church Windows

Comments: I would not recommend this system for someone who is not knowledgeable in terms of accounting systems. The biggest issue, in my mind, is the way the donation module has to tie into the accounting system. In other words the total donations for a week must be exactly what is deposited in the bank. This my be great from an audit perspective, but it makes for difficulty on a weekly basis. The support is excellent and the Church Windows staff patiently answer my questions.

Pros:

I like the features of Church Windows but the fact that the donations and accounting are integrated make it difficult to utilize on a weekly basis.

Cons:

We are currently using a spread sheet program to record donations and are using Money Counts for our accounting system. The membership and donations modules were fairly easy to implement but the accounting system is more difficult. We have spent two years implementing the accounting system and are not finished.

5 years ago

Jerry, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at [email protected] Thanks again, Church Windows Support

Mary Katherine
Religious Institutions, 2–10 Employees

Sufficient for our needs, but always room for small improvements

Comments: Church Windows is a good general record keeping software for a church. We don't use some of the features (like class attendance) but those features that we use have helped us.

Pros:

I appreciate that this software helps us to keep track of our membership and visitors both, gives us a central repository for their details and helps us to track attendance trends. Where there are options to customize some of the fields that appear in the main panel for each individual person is helpful as I was able to reorder per our interests and remove from view fields that aren't important. That I could add more tags than just Member and Visitor has helped to keep a better distinction between former and inactive members as well as visitors who are 'friends of the church' (i.e. frequent attendees) versus our more occassional or one time visitors. We upgraded a few months ago to Version 21.18.1 - I like that the newer version has a more modern look and feel than the older version we had, and maneuvers around better.

Cons:

-That the Comments field is 'buried' on another tab instead of being an option to include on the main tab/panel of individual's information -Address entry is more steps than should be necessary, and there's no way to label addresses, such as for members who only reside in the area part of the year but provide their off-season address to us as well. -Rather than having to hunt through tabs on an individual's record, could the interface go to more of a central screen that scrolls through fields so you don't have to switch between sections so much? -I wish there was a way in Attendance Entry to have either (or both): A. Member names bold face and visitor names not so that it is easier to pick out your members when your list of names is large B. a feature where you can temporarily hide other categories of people to make the list of names shorter. -I have had to learn the hard way through experience to enter any visitor info for a service before I do Attendance Entry because if you stop to add a name mid-way through inputting attendance, you have to close out and bring the attendance back up again to see the new name. Could this be fixed? -When you export reports to Excel, there are way too many tiny or semi-merged columns to be able to do a proper sort function without having to basically deconstruct the report before you can work with it. There should be an option for report export that is just raw data with minimal formatting that would make this easier to work with.

6 years ago

Mary, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at [email protected] Thanks again, Church Windows Support

Melissa
Office Manager/Admin in US
Religious Institutions, 2–10 Employees

Great features but not always uiser friendly

Comments: Despite the above reasons, I am very happy with Church Windows. It gets the job done and the reports are clear and concise (when I can locate the ones I need!). The customer service is second to none. They have always gotten back to me the same day and they are wonderful about walking me through things that I do not understand.

Pros:

The features are really great. It has everything we need and even some things that we don't! The reports are clear and concise and there is a variety as far as what types/kinds of reports are available.

Cons:

The user-friendliness ability is lacking. There seem to be way too many steps to do one task. Also, it is not compatible with our label machine so we have to do our labels though the program provided by the label maker (Dymo) instead of through Church Windows, which is what we would prefer. One thing I really, really wish that Church Windows offered was the ability to separate families/people into groups that we choose as opposed to the default groups. There is also no way to do a mass delete of people/families, this is especially inconvenient for people who have only attended once or twice or for a function of one kind or another. Instead, I have to go through the entire list of people one by one and delete them. If I had a couple of days to devote just to that task, then maybe I could get it done but I don't so I can't! There should be a way for people to automatically drop off the rolls after "X" amount of time. It is a huge hassle to manually go through 1000+ people in order to see who needs to be dropped or moved to inactive.

5 years ago

Melissa, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at [email protected] Thanks again, Church Windows

Tammy
Bookkeeper & Office Admin in US
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 2–10 Employees

Why I Love Church Windows!

Pros:

Church Windows is a very user-friendly software. It's easy to navigate through the different modules. I use the Accounting, Payroll, Membership and Donations modules the most. I went to their location in Columbus for one day of training when I started using this software. It was very helpful and our instructor, CSR, was excellent! Since then I have been able to breeze through the accounting module with ease. It's great for printing financial reports for meetings, payables and receivables, tracking income and expenses, creating individual funds, writing checks and processing payroll. For the most part it's super easy to use! If I do have a question that I just can't figure out, I call their customer support and they're very friendly and helpful.

Cons:

The only draw back to Church Windows is when you call customer support, they can't help you right away. Someone has to call you back, normally it's within the hour. But sometimes it can be longer depending on the day and time you call. By the time you get a call back you're on to something else and you have to go back and remember why you needed them to help you. There have been times that I have figured it out before I get a call back. I believe you can pay more for immediate assistance, however I don't call very much so it's not worth the extra cost to our church. Some may want to pay the extra to get immediate assistance until you're more familiar with the software, then you can switch to the lower cost. Because it won't be long you'll be proficient and won't require much support!

5 years ago

Tammy, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at [email protected] Thanks again, Church Windows

Charlotte
Nonprofit Organisation Management, Self Employed

Use of Church Windows

Comments: Within my genealogy society, I am able to modify the membership features to show those that are of most importance to me (membership date, last paid date, etc.). It produces the reports I want - with some help from a telephone call. I always have telephone assistance to help me, and the people are always so patient and helpful and pleasant!

Pros:

As Parish Administrator at Grace Episcopal Church (Alexandria, VA), I used the membership, contributions and accounting modules of Church Windows for some eleven or twelve years. I selected the software from others and was pleased with it, and more pleased with its improvements. I attended two of their training programs (conducted locally). I was always well pleased with the telephone assistance, when needed. After I departed from Grace Church, I purchased the membership module for tracking members of a genealogy society (I am the treasurer). The membership module satisfies our dues payments and allows me to maintain membership information and produce a directory for our members (some 350 of them). I continue to be pleased with the telephone assistance. I am more than happy to recommend Church Windows.

Cons:

The contributions postings to accounting that was orginally offered. The contributions entries were totaled by day, confusing my bank reconcilations. This was changed during the time I used Church Windows; so it is no longer was a problem. I saw an example of email addresses entered in the household window, rather than in the individual window. Yes, there may be individual email addresses, but I would like to see an email address within the household window (even if it is a duplicate within an individual window).

5 years ago

Charlotte, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at [email protected] Thanks again, Church Windows

Bobbie
Office Manager (AR/AP) in US

Church Windows Review

Comments: Overall, not a bad experience and the wonderful customer service/support really makes up for other inefficiencies. 3.5 out of 5 stars overall.

Pros:

I love that support is always prompt and responsive. Any time there is an issue, they are willing to help as quick as they can and they are always very kind and informative. I like that only one user may be logged in at a time to prevent duplicate or missing information. That is smart and helpful in our Presbytery! I love the tax reporting feature in the Payroll Module. It is easy and efficient!

Cons:

I do not like how slow the software is, especially now that we access it through remote desktop. All the screens are slower and printing is excruciatingly slow. I wish you didn't have to hit the print button so many times on so many different screens before your report or confirmation actually prints. I feel like the software is difficult to learn. You guys do a great job making webinars and help materials available, which is great. But unless someone is trained on how to do things, I don't feel like the software is very intuitive or user friendly. I don't feel like an average AR/AP person could navigate through the system and figure things out without guidance/training.

6 years ago

Bobbie, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at [email protected] Thanks again, Church Windows Support

Pamela
Parish Administrator in US
Religious Institutions, 11–50 Employees

"Improvements" Frustration

Comments: Honestly, it functioned much better for us in the past. Even the accounting piece has become more complicated. I feel as if the company has sabotaged its best features in its efforts to "improve" their product.

Pros:

"DID" is the operative word. I used to love how intuitive it was and how easy to use. I could devise reports in 1-3 minutes and make entries and changes to membership records quickly, with ease. The screens were easy to use and the tab choices clear. This has all changed and with each "update" the software has become more cumbersome to use. The one area that is easier is exporting lists.

Cons:

The screens for members/visitors are awkward to use - you cannot see the data on one screen. The reports require a level of computer programming knowledge that most church employees do not have and while you can figure it out it takes 30 minutes to put together a simple report instead of 2-3 minutes. There have been no "courses" on reports that I have found. The new labelling of tabs is confusing for folks who have been using the software for years.

6 years ago

Pamela. We truly appreciate your feedback about Church Windows Software. We do have free videos and documents at the Support Center page on our website here: https://churchwindows.com/support/. We also have free, live webinar events each week that we encourage you to attend. They are generally 20 minutes in length. The list of December webinar events can be found here: https://churchwindows.com/free-online-webinars/. We hope this helps. Please call us at 800-533-5227 if you have questions. Thank you. Church Windows Support

Amy
Church Secretary in US

My Review of Church Windows

Comments: I LOVE Church Window software!! I have been using it for 15 years and every church should be using it.

Pros:

You can do so much with the Church Windows software. It is a great way to keep track of membership and visitors. Keep track of offering and printing reports are pretty easy to do. Customer support always returns call quickly but with work with you as long as you need. I'm a secretary at 2 Lutheran churches. The both have Church Windows. One use it for every thing. The other just uses the donation and accounting. The second church is hard to get things done and organized since they don't use the full scope of Church Windows. I think I have them talked in to using it more. Church Windows makes my job so much easier!

Cons:

The most trouble I have had with church windows is all the updates. The software is easy to use until they start updating the software. The seem to take something that work good and makes it more difficult to use. I'm sure that it works for the large or mega church but us little church just need simple software. Maybe they need a software for large or mega churches and another for small churches.

6 years ago

Amy, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at [email protected] Thanks again, Church Windows Support

Lynn
Office Administrator

Improvements needed for Reports

Comments: Church Windows software helps with our budget and our membership with associated income and expenses. We do not use the majority of the features offered with this software. Perhaps a compact version could be built for smaller churches with limited budget and less membership?

Pros:

We like the software for the tracking features in accounting and membership. We also like the improvements in searching for members and inputting to donations.

Cons:

After improvements a year or so ago, some of the features were no longer available, as in reports and labels, etc. Now, some times two fields, as in flagging deaths, are required to be "checked", other times only one field needs to be "checked", as in running custom labels, to get the results you want. The accounts balance sheet and treasurer's report are confusing for our congregation to grasp quickly, thus requiring officers to explain more and/or prepare a spreadsheet. The transfer of data to a spreadsheet is a great concept, however, the spreadsheet layout needs additional formatting making the transfer of data inefficient for our part-time positions.

5 years ago

Lynn, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. If you have specific questions about using any part of Church Windows, please call us. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at [email protected] Thanks again, Church Windows

Administrative Assistant in US

Church Windows Software

Comments: I think I stated that all in the above paragraphs. I really could not think of the way I did it before (so much more time consuming) verses what I do today and I can get a lot more done when reporting is much better.

Pros:

The software has made it very easy to keep up with weekly donations, to do the deposits for the weekly donations and it makes end of the year easier for tithe statements. Also, reporting is really good. I don't have to look up for paperwork but instead I document when I pay bills what it is for and it tracks it. It comes out a certain budget line item and it is a great way of running a report when someone wants to know what we have spent out of that account. I really like when we do the budget. It gives you a grid to help you for the following years budget to what you have spent that year and what we took in. I have used Church Windows for 10 years and it has been a pleasure working with them for any questions that I have. I like the online classes that does teach me something new each time that I can use.

Cons:

I think 10 years ago when I started using it, it was the hardest to set up because I was not use to do anything like this on the computer but always by paper or in books. Once I learned the software, it was much easier than I thought it would be. I am grateful that we found this software. I did look at others and found that it was not as good as this one was in support, ease of use and reporting.

5 years ago

Lisa, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at [email protected] Thanks again, Church Windows

Susan
Office Administrator in US
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 2–10 Employees

Church Windows makes church accounting a breeze!

Comments: Overall, very satisfied and pleased with Church Windows -- having all our records interconnected (membership-accounting-donations-calendar) is extremely beneficial.

Pros:

Been with Church Windows software for 15+ years, and have been thrilled with it from day one. Very user-friendly, and that's saying something since I have no accounting background. The support at Church Windows is always spot on, extremely helpful, patient, and above all, kind. They're never in a hurry, they never pressure me to get off the phone until I have all my questions and problems resolved to my satisfaction. I have seen the programs/modules and services (online reference, etc.) evolve over the years, and always for the better. They have even incorporated some of my suggestions for improvement!

Cons:

Reports -- it is very difficult to produce/design a church directory, or similar type document; also very difficult to obtain a usable type of giving statement, both for the Quarter and for Year-End. Other accounting reports somewhat difficult to obtain needed info.

5 years ago

Susan, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at [email protected] Thanks again, Church Windows

Jennifer
Business Administrator in US
Religious Institutions, 11–50 Employees

Best Software for Churches!

Comments: One of the most exciting new options of Church Windows that we are utilizing is accepting donations through our website and with a mobile app. You don't have to be a tech genius to install and use this feature and it is affordable!

Pros:

Church Windows is designed specifically for churches and has integrated tracking membership, donations, payroll and accounting into a very user-friendly package. Because fund accounting is so unique to churches, you need software that is specifically designed to track it, and it is why we initially chose this software package. I love the accounting module and having payroll linked directly to it, and tracking the funds, income and expenditures is a breeze! For any problems or questions, Church Windows is only a phone call away. I have never had an issue that could not be resolved by one of their technicians. They are friendly, kind, and they know their stuff!

Cons:

Making the move from Financial to Accounting and Contributions to Donations is a learning curve that takes time and patience.

5 years ago

Jennifer, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at [email protected] Thanks again, Church Windows Support

VICKIE
Church Administrator in US

Church Windows from a Church Administrator's Perspective

Comments: The church where I work has been excited to be able to view financial statements that are so much easier to understand than what they had been previously using. Yes, I can give them the same reams of data that they had been trying to wade through, but I can also condense that down where they can just ask questions about a specific area if needed.

Pros:

I liked being able to purchase a denominational specific version of the software. The updates address issues that are relevant to the ease of using the product. Call back time for telephone support is excellent. There is definitely a learning curve for the product; however, there are multiple ways available to assist with that such as the short live tutorials each month that last approximately 20 minutes and then are available to view at your discretion.

Cons:

There are times when I find it difficult to discern how to word my search question in the Help section to find the answer that I am needing. I would also like to be able to even further tailor my reports.

6 years ago

Vickie, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at [email protected] Thanks again, Church Windows Support

Louis
Church Treasurer in US
Religious Institutions, 2–10 Employees

Some good capabilities, but difficult to use and only fair support

Comments: We have been using Church Windows for about 20 years and the only reasons we continue to use it are (1) the cost and effort that would be involved in migrating to another church software package, and (2) it is a complete package that provides accounting and payroll in addition to the basic membership and donations functions. We're a captive audience.

Pros:

Integration of Donations and Payroll with Accounting

Cons:

Clumsy user interface that are difficult for non-computer people to use. Lack of consistency between the different modules of the program. Minuscule fixed fonts that are difficult to read. Limitations on use of Windows screen magnification capabilities. Functions that either don't work as expected or don't work at all. Getting workarounds instead of fixes when I call support. Unexpected changes in behavior when migrating to new releases. New functionality not fully tested before being released. No periodic autosave of Donation batches as they are being entered resulting in loss of work when program crashes or hangs.

5 years ago

Louis, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better software. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at [email protected] Thanks again, Church Windows Support

Church Administrator in US
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 11–50 Employees

Church Windows Software Review 11/13/18

Comments: Overall we have been very pleased with Church Windows software and especially the help staff.

Pros:

The continuous updates and support of the Church Windows staff. I find the accounting side much easier to make corrections than the older version. I find the set-up of campaigns easier in in the donation version.

Cons:

Donations. I find the new donations module very cumbersome, especially in entering batches. In Accounting it is one thing to edit an expense and have it drop to the bottom of the batch but in donations, to add a comment or make a correction and have it drop to the bottom of the batch means you have to pull the check and place it at the bottom if you want to keep things in order. It would be easier if you could make a correction and have it hold its place. In membership I find it more cumbersome to use the label section and the layout of the membership screen is hard to read. Overall the updates have made it less user friendly.

Treasurer View of Church Windows

Comments: We upgraded from the PC version to the web version so our whole team could use the software. This made us much more productive and allowed us to work from home and spread the workload. Support is also great. I don't have a strong accounting background so I depend on support to tell me how to do things using the accounting approach.

Pros:

Very logical division of features. We have 4 different volunteers using the software: Jan does Payroll, Cathy handles Donations, Dawn does our church membership and I do the Accounting as the Treasurer. In Accounting, putting in the Recurring Transactions is a great help. Over time, I've added most of our monthly bills; this helps keep things consistent and I don't need to think about what account to use.

Cons:

Occasionally, I need to change a transaction. One screen lets me review the transactions but I have to go to a different screen to change it although it is right in front of me. Selecting it on the first screen would be better.

5 years ago

John, Thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review of Church Windows Software. Your input is truly appreciated and helps make Church Windows better. Please let us know if you have questions by calling us at 800-533-5227 or email us at [email protected] Thanks again, Church Windows