15 years helping Irish businesses

Procare Solutions Reviews

4.6 (2,104) Write a Review!

About Procare Solutions

Child care management software enabling contactless check-in/out, integrated tuition collection, business management tools and more.

Learn more about Procare Solutions

Pros:

As it integrates solution Accounts, expenses reports, time card for teachers and payroll all achieved in one umbrella.

Cons:

Most f the time its human error not the software.

Procare Solutions ratings

4.4
4.6
4.4
4.5

8.6/10

Procare Solutions has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 2,104 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Procare Solutions before?

Filter reviews (2,104)

Marlene
Marlene
Administrator in US
Consumer Services, 11–50 Employees

Great Software for Child Care Centers

Comments: We love this program. It provides us with one place to quickly find out so much information. Log-in and see total enrollment, enrollment by classes or ages. Tracks child information without searching through files or looking in multiple places. Tracks employee attendance and any other info you might want to add like: Date of Hire, schedules, vacation time accrued or used, etc. Many things a pre-programed, but you can personalize it yourself or request assistance from a fantastic customer service person. This makes my job so much easier, especially with continual changes to State Day Care Licensing regulations. You do have to enter each child's information when they enroll, but once and it's done. Can update any information with only a few clicks and everyone that you assign a role can see everything.

Pros:

Simplicity of use. Saves paperwork. Can be used to create reports. Easily see everyone who is still in the building (children and staff members). Records many different types of information (attendance, immunizations, medicals, state required paperwork, Food Program info for the USDA CACFP, tuition fees, and other misc info.) You can program it to add user specific information such as allergies, restricted pick-up, authorized individuals for pick-up, etc. We even have a door unit that stores fingerprints of authorized individuals for pick-up and then allows the door to unlock for entry.

Cons:

W e have had to replace the door unit after someone cracked the screen and someone just chipped the fingerprint reader which may need replaced (it is still working). This is the result of individual user misuse though and not an actual flaw of the program or hardware. There is an annual update fee, but it is well worth the cost for the time and paperwork it saves.

Michelle
Assistant Director Curriculum in US

Procare is the Solution

5.0 last month New

Comments: We are happy with our Procare Solutions subscription and don't plan using any other app at this time.

Pros:

We use Procare to not only send real time communication to parents but also as administrators we get to see a snapshot of each classrooms day. Parents rave about the ability to see daily updates and pictures of their child when they have to be away at work.

Cons:

Sometimes we have issues with the app right around the time there is an update. The issues are usually resolved quickly.

Tracey
Hospital & Health Care, 11–50 Employees

PROCARE Review

3.0 last month New

Comments: The glitches and the automatic payment and report system can use some updating. More reports need to became available like an absentee report.

Pros:

Mangement of daily activities and parents being able to communicate more effectively with the staff.

Cons:

The reports are horrible and very hard to print out in simple form to contain all the information an example of this is the immunization Report.

Gabrielle
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

Procare is great software for daycares

Comments: Overall our experience has been great and we would highly recommend this software.

Pros:

We really like the ease of access and the functionality of the software, it allows us to manage all aspects of our daycare and keep parents involved.

Cons:

Some of the reports and billing features need updates and tweaks to make more user friendly for this era of families.

2 months ago

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I sent your feature update comments over to our product team. We appreciate you!

Tiki
Child care Provider in US
Education Management, Self Employed

Great app, but needs improvement, I believe it will get there.

4.0 last month New

Comments: I think it is a great app and very up and coming, I think it will continue to thrive and imporve. Once it has some of the things I am looking for I would certainly keep using this app.

Pros:

There are alot of options and I think it has alot to offer, this is my personal opinion. I have been looking for a app that checks off all my boxes, this one has majority of them but a few things missing. the price is much more afforable then alot of the apps out there and you get way more.

Cons:

I REALLY Wish it had a EXPENSE Section, This would be a game changer. The customer support is not the best. I emailed them about pricing and never got a response. Even the little messager box help is very slow. for anyone who is a visual learner it would be great if there were more short videos to help guide you. I believe there are alot more feature with partnered apps but was confused how to do this, not very user friendly for people who get confused easy with technology.

Aubrey
Program Coordinator in US

1080 Learning Center

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall, we have had a great experience with this app. Parents love to see photos and updates with their children, and it allows for open communication all day long.

Pros:

The ease of this app as a one stop shop is great. Everything from billing to daily updates is right there for both admin and parents to see, and keeps a record to look back on inf necessary.

Cons:

Sometimes the learning feature can be dicey, and does not seem to load properly.

Rebecca
Primary/Secondary Education, 11–50 Employees

Procare Review

5.0 last month New

Pros:

The simplicity and ease of the platform.

Cons:

Was told Procare had some features in my initial walkthrough that they do not actually have.

Luciana
head teacher in US
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

My observations on ProCare as an daily user.

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Parent and teacher communication messager.

Pros:

I like how efficient and clear communication is between teachers and parents.

Cons:

My dislikes are about when you have a child from another classroom visiting your classroom, and you want to share a picture of them playing, you cannot do it at once. You have to send the pictures to both classrooms. I also wished we could click saying that diaper cream was used.

Sonia
Sonia
Sound Design and Editing in Armenia
Media Production, 2–10 Employees

Streamlining Childcare Operations with Comprehensive Management Features

Comments: Procare Solutions is a comprehensive childcare management solution that streamlines operations and simplifies administrative tasks. Despite considerations such as the pricing structure and learning curve for advanced features, the user-friendly interface, robust reporting, and automation capabilities make Procare Solutions a valuable asset for childcare centers seeking to enhance their efficiency and improve parent communication.

Pros:

Procare Solutions offers a wide range of features that cover various aspects of childcare management. From attendance tracking and scheduling to billing and parent communication, the platform provides a comprehensive solution for childcare centers, making daily operations more efficient and organized.Procare Solutions automates many administrative tasks, reducing manual effort and potential errors. Features like automated attendance tracking, staff scheduling, and billing streamline processes, freeing up time for childcare providers to focus more on providing quality care to children.

Cons:

While the core features of Procare Solutions are easy to navigate, mastering all the advanced features and customization options may require some learning. Centers that want to utilize the full potential of the platform may need to invest time in training and familiarizing themselves with these advanced functionalities.Although Procare Solutions offers a mobile app, some users have reported that certain features and functionalities are limited compared to the web version. This limitation can be a drawback for centers that heavily rely on mobile devices for their daily operations.

11 months ago

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're very happy to hear that Procare has allowed you to automate so many processes at your facility and make life easier for you and your staff. In regards to your concerns about mobile app functionality, we'd love to hear any feedback you have and what sort of features you feel would improve your experience. We are continuously working to improve speed and performance for our mobile app users as well. We'd love to hear from you, please reach out to your Procare Account Manager or support team so that we learn more about how we can improve your mobile experience. Thank you!

Maria
teacher in US

Peocare teacher

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: It was very easy to learn how to use the app. as a teacher it was very easy for me to understand the need for something like this in our School. it make the day to day of our class much easier to manage. we get to look back at the week or even the month to see just how much the children have grown. I have been in the field of work for 20 years, I find this app easy to use and very useful. we can easily see if a child is absent. we can see if the parent let us know that child would not be in that day. If the parent did now notify us we will call and ask why the child is absent. This is a safe guard for the child.

Pros:

It does make the day to day needs of the center much easier for the teachers in communicating with the parents. the posting of the days adventures is a plus when it comes the parents. They do express how much they enjoy the pictures

Cons:

some times it takes a bit of time to load. We have had a few times when parent said they couldn't sign in.

Tiara
Operations Manager in US

Happy Procare User

Comments: Overall, I am very pleased and satisfied with the Procare Software. Since having the system, not only have my team and I been able to save a lot of time that was usually spent on manual entry, but we were also able to offer a convenient feature to the parents. Parents no longer have to wait to get to the front desk or call over the phone to make payments. Payments can be made via the online portal and immediately post to the account. They can also view statements and receive their monthly invoices via e-mail every month. I do wish that there was an easy way to transport information from one product to the next but I do understand the difficulty. That initial task of setting up 200+ families was tedious but once that was done I can definitely say it was worth the task! I am happy we made the switch.

Pros:

What I like most about the Procare software is the ease of use in regards to monthly billing. The option to set up contract billing every month is much easier and less time consuming than having to manually enter invoices as we once did. This features allows my staff and I to save time as well as ensure better accuracy as far as billing goes. Also, now we are allowed to have our customers pay via the online portal Procare offers as opposed to having to pay in person. This is a feature we didn't have prior to gaining the Procare software. Not only do we appreciate this convenience factor, but the customers we provide service for as well.

Cons:

Although not a big deal- the thing I initially liked least about the Procare software was the difficulty in figuring out how to navigate through certain reports. Because there are so many options it was a bit intimidating to find out how to access the various reports offered. However, I can say that the information provided by the websites customer service and videos were helpful. I do wish that there was an easy way to transport information from one product to the next but I do understand the difficulty in allowing that option.

Lorraine
Treasurer in US
Religious Institutions, 11–50 Employees

Top Notch

Comments: We had constant issues with our families understanding their billing and the emails they were receiving. With ProCare everything is clear, concise and I am in control of what emails are going out which has helped tremendously. Summer is our busiest time as we run a summer camp and this year has been so much easier than last year. I refer to ProCare as the "Cadillac" of child care software and it has run smoothly from the first drive off of the showroom floor.

Pros:

Ease of billing for the child care services for our 120+ students.

Cons:

That's tough because I really like the system. One piece I won't use is Tuition Express as I find it far too expensive (I have worked around it to keep our accounts receivable in a pre-paid status and all payments done by ACH which keeps our expenses down.)

Claire
Administrative Assistant in US

Sandbox Software Review

Comments: I was responsible for learning and implementing the software so I started from the beginning to learn all that Sandbox could do to improve our department. I was the point person so I needed to know it from A to Z. First, the customer service representatives at Sandbox are A+; always available to answer questions and help with the set up. The system basically gave us the ability to go paperless. The system gave parents/guardians a portal for all of their needs from electronic registration to monthly payments.

Pros:

The system basically gave us the ability to go paperless. The system gave parents/guardians a portal for all of their needs from electronic registration to monthly payments. We received 100% positive feedback from our families with the implementation of Sandbox. We went from entering monthly payments by hand to 98% of families using the electronic payment system through the parent portal. This gave a real-time payment tracker that allowed us to respond immediately for any late payments. This also gave us the ability to send end of the year tax statements electronically; no more bulk mailings so it saved money. We installed electronic sign-in/out for a secure and accurate attendance system. The accurate attendance also allocated accurate records for subsidy tracking; again saving money. The family account section gave the freedom to upload documents, keep track of physicals and due dates, write notes, communicate with the family securely. Sandbox has many important features that will help any child care center through the registration process, bookkeeping, communication, documentation, reports. I use many of the Sandbox installed reports each month from payment summaries to attendance reports. There are many reports available. There is also a section that we use for staffing that helps keep track of profiles, documents, due dates, etc. This gives us one location and accurate records that we use for Keystone STARS. I would highly recommend Sandbox for all child care providers.

Cons:

The only negative issue I have with Sandbox is that I need to have specific wording for payment receipts that parents need to submit to their employer for dependent care reimbursement. I need to insert the specific wording manually which is tedious and takes too much time to do each month.

3 years ago

Hi Claire, Thanks for taking the time to leave this amazing review! We are happy to hear that Sandbox was able to help you and your center optimize your daily processes and go paperless.

Heather

Game Changer

Comments: Overall, we have had nothing but positive feedback from our families. They love the updates in real time, that they can save photos we post, and all billing goes through ProCare too.

Pros:

ProCare has allowed our center to have a one stop shop for all our management needs. Billing and tuition, daily communication with parents, logging of daily routine care, enrollment, payroll and timecards and now curriculum!

Cons:

The only downfall is the fees we are charged for credit and debit card transactions. I wish those could be passed directly to the cardholder at the time of the transaction.

last year

Thank you for your review. When it comes to passing fees along to parents, our recommendation is to build those fees right into your tuition and fee structure for all customers. For example, if a credit card transaction costs you, on average, 2% and half your families pay by credit card, then raising rates across-the-board by just 1% would cover your costs without requiring you to jump through the legal hoops associated with charging a separate credit card surcharge. While some centers prefer to surcharge and add an additional fee in parent statements to cover online payment transactions, several states and credit card companies have restrictions on this practice and not everyone allows it. We hope that this helps give some direction on this and helps you decide how you want to proceed.

Casey
COO in US
Education Management, 201–500 Employees

Decent basic functionality, but limited application

Comments: Serves a limited purpose, but is falling behind. We may start looking elsewhere

Pros:

The system is easy to use for basic functions- child attendance, billing, child info tracking, basic reports.

Cons:

Procare seems to be trying to expand functionality to different applications (Kids Report, etc). However, their core offerings are dated and have had few improvements to make them more functional. I submit requests for functionality, but few things ever change. Here are my top items to change, that would improve the system: Basic: 1. Mail merge document is terrible and incredibly limited. I should be able to create a licensing-compliant registration form for parents, which includes emergency contacts, allergies, medical insurance number, etc. 2. Staff timecards are poorly designed. After years of using the timecards, we stopped. Using our payroll providers timecards are a far superior experience. Editing timecards was awful, building in automation was challenging, and the check in/out was a poor experience. 3. The user interface using two different codes is onerous. All other systems we use has just one login pin. 4. There is no data viewer report to access all info in the SQL database. To create a simple pre-filled registration code, I have to download numerous data viewer reports, combine them, manipulate data, and then mail merge into a document. It's almost not worth it. 5. MyProcare is pretty terrible. It looks like a 2005 UI, has limited functionality, you can't update your own information, and customization is poor Advanced: 1. There is no API to access the SQL backend. Without integration, it severely limits what we can do with the system. 2.

Debbie

Procare for Parents

Comments: Procare saves us many hours every week. We do not figure accounts or depend on spreadsheets, or even correct data entry. We do have about 5 parents that like to pay cash, but the other 50 or so families all pay with debit card or auto debit, which automatically posts to their account and updates. It helps us to look professional and current. It is also a great safety feature. Procare has a place for pictures of each child, parent, and anyone the parent authorizes to pick up their children. So we can quickly access who can pick up a child and what they look like. Everyone at my center loves Procare and it improves the quality of my business.

Pros:

Our Parents are always impressed that we are set up on a computer system for checking their children in and out. They really enjoy the fingerprint option for the most part. Some of the grandparents and a few parents do not have fingerprints that can be distinguished well enough to use, but they do have the option of using a code. Being able to look at their account, pay their account, and get their receipt emailed to them is just genius. It works perfectly, and requires no time on our part at all. The only thing we do is update the accounts on Monday morning. It truly is a great program for child care centers.

Cons:

I would have to say, for the parents that do have to use a code instead of a fingerprint, have to use 2 separate numbers; a code, and a pass code. They get used to it, but at first grumble a bit about it.

Laurie
Director, Cub Connections in US
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

We needed HELP!

Comments: Our before- and after-school care service has realized a marked improvement in percentage of payments received due to the invoicing and statement features of Kinderlime. We are much better able to communicate about delinquent accounts and show parents and caregivers their records so that confusion or misunderstanding are eliminated and positive and cooperative customer relations are preserved.

Pros:

Kinderlime allowed me and my staff to stay in real-time connection with our attendance, communications with parents and caregivers, and billing all in one platform! I am now able to keep records and communications at hand so that I provide efficient customer service to all stakeholders, including staff. I so appreciate that Kinderlime continuously improves the platform based on input from end users (like me) and always (ALWAYS) responds to requests for help or clarification before the day ends. (I am on the east coast so a time difference is expected.) Kinderlime tech support's prompt replies and interactions through the chat function have always been helpful and thoroughly clarifying. I recommend this service without hesitation or hidden concerns. You will be very satisfied!

Cons:

The only challenge I have is that the theme and font colors are sometimes difficult to see. I have to angle my screen "just so" to see things well. The colors are very pleasant, though, so I wouldn't want them to change much.

Faith
Accounts Receivable & Payable Clerk in Guam

Carpool function and Alphabetizing problem

Pros:

In the two years of use of Kinderlime there have been alot of adjustments and learning of how to best use this product to meet our needs. The customer service is always very responsive even though we are in a totally different timezone. They have also sought to resolve issues as they come up as relate to our specific organization and help direct how to use things that we have trouble with.

Cons:

I am reviewing two features as they are what I am currently working through in using the software. 1. We have been trying to implement the carpool feature to avoid individuals having multiple pins for different children they are picking up. The carpool feature is too difficult to monitor. When the caregiver is a parent, the next time that name is used as a carpool it must be added as a carpool to each sibling even if they are linked. Also, to use the carpool feature the individual must first be a parent or caregiver in the system on another child. If that status changes in any way (original parent or caregiver is deleted) the individual is also deleted from being a carpool entry in multiple other locations. There is no warning pop up indicating the individual being removed will also be removed from other locations. 2. The alphabetical sorting not traditional alpha order and does not match up to other lists causing confusion when making comparisons between other school softwares or reports that use normal alpha ordering. From what I have observed Kinderlime alpha order does not consider any commas or spaces thus greatly affecting sort order (for instance a traditional sort would consider the punctuation and spacing to show Su, John; Su, Joseph; Su, Lisa; Suki, Mary while kinderlime makes the order to be Su, John; Su, Joseph, Suki, Mary; Su, Lisa ignoring the commas and spaces looking only at the actual letters. In a longer list this is very frustrating & confusing.

Sherrie
Director/Owner in US
Primary/Secondary Education, 2–10 Employees

Unfortunate investment of time and money

Comments: Overall I think the core and idea of procare is beneficial but ONLY if it works. Can't use a product if it is continually locking up.

Pros:

This has a great foundation of ideas. Student check in/out, Employee check in/out, billings, time tracking, payroll, general ledger. Truly an all in one for a small preschool. Too good to be true for sure!

Cons:

The cloud base software clearly has issues they can not fix. Our check in computers are constantly locking up since the last update in November 2019. After using the same computers and hardware for 5.5 months they ran an update and now problems. We manually key in employees and students often which is time consuming because the computers are locked up at the time parents are picking up or dropping off. Tech support is NONRESPONSIVE to emails and hold times are on average of 35-45 minutes when calling tech support. They said today it is because they are "swamped". That speaks volumes, that means their product ISN'T working. They have been "working on patches to fix this" but in the mean time they have used the excuse it was because I wasn't hard wired to the internet. After the expense of hiring someone to run the wire and hardwire all of the computers they still are locking up. Now Procare support wants me to replace the router because it maybe causing problems. Cutting my losses at this point. A lot of time invested in a software that locks up frequently through out the day. Training is horrible and much of my experience has been self guided. They do have an extensive online resource which is very helpful but yet time consuming as you navigate which article you really need. When training is scheduled it has been late and limited to one function of the software. When asking about other functions you are directed to schedule training for that specifically.

4 years ago

Sherrie - We're very sorry to hear about on-going issues with the check-in system at your preschool. This appears to be a unique situation and we will work with you individually to resolve it. It's true that January is typically the busiest month for technical support; it can be easier to reach us later in the day (after 2:00 p.m. Pacific) or to email a request to [email protected]. As to training, we are happy to get you whatever help you may need. We will reach out soon to see how we can help.

Trevor
Business Manager in US
Accounting, 11–50 Employees

This software has changed the entire dynamic of our business. Business has never been better!

Comments: Overall this software has changed our entire dynamic of the business. Our enrollment has increased 25% and counting with less than 6 months of signing up. Parents are just amazed at what the software can do and are now telling their friends about our daycare. Our administration can easily manage client and employee information which allows more focus on the kids and less time running the business. This software has definitely been a game changer for our facility and we look forward to our continued partnership with Kinderlime.

Pros:

The ease of use and the organization of this software has totally changed our business practices and model. We are running a more efficient daycare, focusing more on the kids and not the business side of things. Our teachers are now able to eliminate the task of filling out meal sheets and incident reports and having to keep up with paper trails. The Sign In/Out feature along with the Parent App has given our parents something to talk about to their friends and family. Parents love being able to electronically sign their children in and out of our facility. They also love having their invoices go directly to their mobile device for billing and payment history. Our local CCS and CPS offices are amazed at what this program has done for us and are now directing parents in need of childcare services to our facility. We've seen our business increase each month since we've implemented this software. The invoicing feature has eliminated hours of work with the simple click of a button. Employee Time Sheets are already calculated and ready for payroll. Child enrollment is a breeze for those parents who are on the go and are dropping in their children for the first time. Most of them have switched from Drop In Status to Full Time Enrollment. The newsletter feature is just fantastic for sending out quick notices or monthly notices about what's happening at our daycare. Parents who were less involved in our activities have now shown a great interest in participation.

Cons:

Not every business is ran the same way and has its different needs. Having stated that, I feel that an improvement on the communication end of the software between parent and administration could use some improvement. The parents are able to send notices via the application but on the dashboard there is no way to communicate back with the parent or even between administration. There are no notices that alert administration that a parent has reached out to them on the dashboard. Also, there are no employee accruals(ie. sick, vacation) and uses included with the time clock feature. This would really keep everything in one place when it comes to employee management. There is also no place for teacher information and document uploading to have for our files. This would be a great way to go paperless without having to file. While these may seem like more of a preferred review it is something that I like least about this software because it does not have these things. Being able to just use this software would allow our facility to open up one window and manage our daycare would take care of all our needs.

Joshua
Information technology specialist in Philippines
Computer Hardware, 51–200 Employees

Procare Solutions Honest Review

Comments: Overall, while the issue of information not transferring seamlessly between the desktop and app versions is an annoyance, it hasn't detracted significantly from the overall usefulness of the system. I've found that the app is still a valuable addition to my toolkit, and I appreciate the freedom and flexibility it provides.

Pros:

I absolutely adore using this cloud-based system, as it offers me unparalleled flexibility and convenience. Being able to sign on from anywhere, be it from home or on the go, to assist my customers and staff is a fantastic feature that saves me a lot of time and hassle.Furthermore, the digitization of my files has been an excellent addition to my workflow. The ability to go paperless and store everything digitally has helped me streamline my tasks and reduce clutter. It's incredibly convenient, not to mention more environmentally friendly.One of the features I appreciate most about this system is its ability to track deadlines and overdue tasks. The software makes it easy to stay on top of all of my tasks, ensuring that nothing slips through the cracks. Moreover, the system provides a variety of useful reports that allow me to gain insights into my performance and track my progress over time.Having all of these features consolidated into a single app has been a game-changer for me. I don't need to switch between multiple apps or platforms to get my work done. Everything I need is in one place, which saves me a lot of time and effort.Finally, I also use the Kid Reports app, which is an outstanding tool that helps me keep track of my students' progress. The best part is that all of the data is automatically transferred, which saves me the hassle of manually entering information. It's an excellent addition to my toolkit, and I'm thrilled to have it at my disposal.

Cons:

One issue I've encountered is that not all of the information I need moves over seamlessly from the desktop version to the app version. While the app is incredibly useful for working on-the-go, there are times when I need to access information that is only available on the desktop version.This can be frustrating, as it disrupts my workflow and requires me to switch between the two versions to access all of the information I need. It's particularly problematic when I need to work on a task that involves information from both versions, as it can be time-consuming and cumbersome to merge the data manually.Despite this issue, I've found that the app version is still an excellent tool for managing my work, especially when I'm not at my desk. The app is incredibly user-friendly and provides a lot of the same features as the desktop version. It's also incredibly convenient to be able to access my work from anywhere and not be tethered to my desk.

last year

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience using the Procare platform. We appreciate you!

Sadie
Director of Child Care Programs in US

Procare for child care

Comments: It has been a great experience over all and a lot more user friendly than our previous software program.

Pros:

The ease of communication between families and child care staff and even child care staff to child care staff has been wonderful. We are able to communicate all activities the children do throughout the day and get input from parents in real time.

Cons:

There are some features that I would like to see added or changed a little. Such as attendance, I would like to customize exact times that children are enrolled for. The staff scheduling system would be great if it could automatically tell us how many staff are needed and when based on the children's schedules. It would also be great if we could put surveys into the newsletters.

11 months ago

Hello and thank you for your review. We're glad to hear that Procare has made communication much easier with you and your families. We appreciate your suggestions for attendance tracking, staff scheduling enhancements and adding surveys to newsletter. We've passed these along to our research and development team to consider for future updates. For surveys, you can use third party services, such as Survey Monkey, to create your own surveys and link to them from your newsletter as well. We will aim to continue to provide deeper, richer experiences for your staff and families going forward.

Caiden
Director and teacher in US
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

One stop shop

Pros:

As a director, I appreciate the ease of direct deposits and the fact that parents can easily put in their info. Before Procare we had a mess of constant cash and checks flowing in. This allowed for the process to be easy and clean as 9/10 parents chose the direct deposit option. I like the sign in screen and how simple it is to use. Our teachers post daily pictures of the children and activities they did for the day and I appreciate how easy it is to use and the parents as well as they love seeing the pictures.

Cons:

As a teacher a director I rely heavily on getting messages from parents and being able to message them. I have the Procare app on my phone and while it has previously worked great, the last few months I no longer was being notified I was getting messages from my parents. I would go into the app and see nothing and then go back in later and see that the message was from the previous day or many hours ago and usually it’s a message that I needed to see right away. The other teacher is experiencing the same issue and I’ve also heard the complaint from a parent. This has been a very frustrating issue.

10 months ago

Thank you for your feedback. We've made recent updates to the Procare child care mobile app that have significantly improved the speed for notifications. Please make sure that your operating system on your device is up to date and your app is on the most recent version. If you are still experiencing delays, please contact our support team and they can help troubleshoot your challenge.

Julie
Childcare Director/Owner in US
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

Why choose Procare over other Childcare Management Software?

Comments: We have used Procare for over twenty years now, and love it! Have we looked into switching? Absolutely, because you always want to ensure that you are using the best product for your business. In researching other childcare management systems, there is no childcare management sytem out there that can do everything that Procare does. I have never had a negative experience with Procare either. I love the Tuition Express feature and I use Procare to process our payroll, which saves our company so much money from having to outsource this. We love Procare and wish them continued success as that helps our business' continued success!

Pros:

I love how easy it is to use Procare and all of the capabilities of Procare.

Cons:

I wish that Procare could be used on an Apple product. We have to use Procare desktop due to the size of our school, but there is not an option to use Procare Desktop on an apple product. I wish that Procare Cloud could be used for our size of school. There are some features not on Procare Cloud that are on Desktop and vice versa. The app.procaresoftware.com interface could use a huge overtaking as well. We have to use this on our phones being as we cannot use Procare Cloud.

Sandy
Preschool Director in US
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

Why we use Procare Solutions.

Comments: I am very pleased with the staff any time I need to call and ask questions or when using the chat option online. They are always helpful and polite and respond quickly, which I value.

Pros:

Procare Solutions is an easy way to organize the children and their families in one convenient place. It allows us to archive children and yet still connect them to currently enrolled children. It helps by tracking monthly tuition payments and sends reminders to families to pay their tuition on time. This frees up my time as the manager of monthly payments. It helps me stay organized with my billing and payments allowing me to run any report I may need. I love that it gives parents the tax information as well.

Cons:

I enjoy working in Procare but, sometimes I find it difficult to explain to our parents how they need to set it up on their Cell phones. You they are not a very tech savvy person we have to physically show them on their phone which in turn takes up times . This could be my fault, there may be an easy hand-out that Procare has ready for us to give to families that I may not have seen. All in all , I am very happy with Procare especially what we use it for.