15 years helping Irish businesses

About Zeffy

Zeffy is the only zero-fee fundraising platform for nonprofits. Trusted by over 25,000 NPOs across North America.

Learn more about Zeffy

Pros:

Creating and adding the giving form on our website was easy and well laid out, integration with our bank accounts and options for when deposits happen are ok.

Cons:

I only wish we could use it for more services, but no doubt that will come.

Zeffy ratings

4.8
4.9
4.5
5.0

9.8/10

Zeffy has an overall rating of 4.8 out 5 stars based on 347 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Zeffy before?

Maude
Maude
Founder and Artivist at Large in Canada

Saving more than money

Comments: Zeffy has changed the way that I do things - it has made my life so much simpler. By having everything on Zeffy, I can take care of so many things in just one place, and in a more intuitive way than some other platforms. The staff have been helpful and friendly. Seriously, Zeffy has saved my sanity and renewed my ability to focus more on the work I do rather than scattering my energy every which way.

Pros:

I love how Zeffy has made my work life so much easier in many ways. I can manage my email list, send messages to different segments, tag individuals and their interests, sell tickets to events, collect membership fees, and track income and engagement throughout. Best of all, I can do all of this (and more) without having a portion of our income being snatched up by a supposed 'ally' of non-profit organizations.

Cons:

There is nothing that I dislike about Zeffy. I love that they have regular introductory workshops that you can join to learn how to use the platform. It still took me a little bit of time to learn some of the ins and outs of the program, but I feel confident that, if I had a question, they would answer it quickly.

Lauren
President and Director in US
Religious Institutions, Self Employed

Nonprofits Should Use Zeffy

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Zeffy has no transaction fees! Through another donation platform, I once had a donation of $1250 and only received $1213 because of credit card fees. Zeffy is great because it allows all of my donated funds to go toward my ministry! I also have used Zeffy for several raffles and have created an online store. It was easy to use and customize. Honestly, all nonprofits should use Zeffy and receive their full donation amounts!

Cons:

There really are no cons. If a nonprofit organization does not mind receiving their funds once a week to their bank account, there is nothing to complain about.

donald
President in US

Disappointed and Upset

Comments: I will file a complaint with the authorities about Zeffy's practice.

Pros:

I do not like anything a bout the way you do business!

Cons:

After we opened an account with Zeffy, within the first two months, Zeffy didn't pay two out of 4 donations we had received. I followed up with customer service and was notified that our account had been canceled because our nonprofit (501 c3) religious charity, which has a spotless record and has been active since 2001, was considered high-risk. No other explanation was provided. Also, it will take up to 60 days to refund the donor who paid two donations. My understanding is this can happen to anybody and not worth it. Once you open an account with Zeffy, please provide all the information they need and receive their approval. If your customers make payments to your business, you still may not receive your money without an explanation, and your account may be canceled without explanation. Your customer refund may take up to 60 days. I don't recommend this company and will file a complaint with the authorities about Zeffy's practice.

Zeeshanali
Zeeshanali
Treasurer in Canada

Using Zeffy

Comments: Excellent experience from a user, administrator as well as customer service

Pros:

Cost effective interactive platform that keeps on evolving Donor management Able to sell tickets for events and fundraise

Cons:

If donors do not contribute to help cover collection cost, Zeffy can limit the amount of collection per transaction

Jim
Communications Operations Dir. in US
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 2–10 Employees

A Great Find for Nonprofits!

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: The ease of use and versatility are simply outstanding!

Pros:

User friendliness. It saves us processing and bank fees. It allows the easiest registration for events. It allows me to create unique questions. Messages and emails direct from Zeffy are awesome!! Willingness to work on NEW improved features at the user level.

Cons:

It's easy to manage and remove contacts. But you can't delete "incomplete" visitors. It could use some "logic" with unique questions (if/then,etc).

Bridgette
Education Manager in Canada
Museums & Institutions, 51–200 Employees

Make Donating Easy

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

Can not say anything but good things about Zeffy! We recently ran our first fundraising campaign and the system is the best thus far for advertising/publishing a fundraising initiative, processing payment, and tracking donor information for future messaging.

Cons:

At this time, I do not have any negatives to say about the platform. The one hurdle we went through was ensuring our donors know about the additional cost percentage to support the platform.

Sophie
Development manager in Canada
Fund-Raising, 2–10 Employees

A secure and friendly using plateform to raise money and save important fees

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Great experience with an efficient team.

Pros:

The personalised customer service and disponibility of the team to help set up our account.

Cons:

Sincerly not much to say. There is someone to help out if I need assistance or if I have questions.

Mark
Director in US
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

Best reduced fee option for Non-profits tickets

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Great experience. We run a non-profit 501c3 organization and we needed a ticketing solution without a lot of fees. Zeffy provided the best solution for us.

Pros:

Ease of use and customer support.I asked 3 questions which were promptly answered within 48 hrs.

Cons:

Lack email customerization. Would like ability to customize the colors of the emails and receipts so they reflect our organization.

Brenna
Director in US
Performing Arts, 2–10 Employees

Great for Nonprofits

5.0 last month New

Comments: I am very pleased and highly recommend this for other groups like ours.

Pros:

As a small nonprofit educational group, we needed a way to digitize our ticket sales without losing money on fees. Zeffy was the obvious choice, and we've been very happy with not only how easy it is to set up events and ticketing, but how quickly we are paid out as well.

Cons:

There are a few minor issues, but overall it is an excellent product for us. I do wish that there was some sort of search function on Zeffy for people who wanted to find our organization but didn't have the direct link.

Anne
Operations Director in US
Environmental Services, 2–10 Employees

Zeffy Set Up

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: So far so good. From what I see so far, this may be excellent

Pros:

Customer service; pricing categories and options

Cons:

Did need take some time to set up and customer service was essential

Suzanne
Nonprofit Organisation Management, Self Employed

Non-profit enjoys no fees for credit card processing and more

Comments: Simplyk has been fabulous for our organization. It has decreased our processing fees significantly and has a very kind dedicated team at the ready to support and trouble shoot.

Pros:

I love that it's completely FREE!! I like the simplicity of uploading "events" for sale and the ease of making changes to them. I look forward to using SimplyK for connecting with volunteers and learning and growing with them as they offer more functionality.

Cons:

I hope that some day users/customers could purchase more than one different event at a time and register as a member so they don't need to enter all of their information every time they make a purchase. I also am looking forward to a better description on credit card statements as well as better options for the donation made to SimplyK - right now it is so high that many confuse it with a tax and some do rarely choose not to donate at all as a result.

Chase
President in US
Philanthropy, 11–50 Employees

Zeffy is FANDAGO for Non-Profits!

Comments: Has been great, especially the customer service. After I signed up, a member of Zeffy emailed and called to check in to see if I had any questions. I've had much follow up since and if I ever have a questions, they respond very quickly! They also listen to my opinions on how to make the site even better.

Pros:

I love that it is an entire free platform for non-profits with ZERO credit card processing fees. We have used Square & Stripe in the past and lose out on so much money trying to fundraise.

Cons:

Improvements could be made in the Membership area, as it's setup like you're selling tickets to an event. I would suggest that it has its own category on the site.

Cory
Manager of Fundraising & Special Events in Canada
Mental Health Care, 201–500 Employees

Five Stars

Comments: Zeffy is an incredible product and has been a real game changer for CMHA Toronto. Donor relations, reporting, and receipting are all vastly improved by this product and the elimination of transaction fees has already saved us tens of thousands of dollars in a short time.

Pros:

I was initially interested in Zeffy due to the promise of zero transaction fees. This is a very appealing feature for donors who always appreciate knowing that 100% of their donation is going to the charity. I had been using another product that charged nearly 5% in transaction fees. I soon began using Zeffy for anything that required a pay portal from the donation page on our website, to campaign pages for third party events. I have also used Zeffy for ticketing, and it has been a flawless experience.

Cons:

The templates can be a bit limiting, for instance if I want to employ a video and info graphic on the same page, you need to click on the box that says 'what impact will this donation have' in order to see the graphic. It's not the worst setup, but it could be improved.

Melanie
Fundraising Coordinator in Canada
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 11–50 Employees

We love Simplyk, and being transparent with our donors

Comments: Their friendly, professional team have been extremely helpful throughout our implementation and use of the software, from integration with our CRM to updates and responses to questions and issues. The forms integrate beautifully with our website and we couldn't be happier!

Pros:

Simplyk is 100% free for our non-profit to use, which allows 100% of our donors' gift to go towards our mission. Donors can voluntarily choose how much they would like to contribute, or “tip”, to support the operation of the platform, instead of a percentage being taken off the back end without their knowledge. It's increasingly important for us to have these kinds of open, transparent conversations with our donors and the broader community so they can make more informed decisions and have a better understanding of the realities and costs that non-profits face!

Cons:

The back end platform for donors to manage their donations, profile and preferences could use further development.

Michele

GREAT PRODUCT

Comments: My overall experience has been very positive. I highly recommend them. Do not be afraid.

Pros:

I like the fact that it is free, that when someone donates it is the full amount we receive. It is extremely simple and easy to use. Which is great when the organization is not a big one. This kind of system is perfect for a smaller organization like ours. It's not complicated and it is user friendly and it does whatever we need. I love the fact that those in charge of SimplyK are easy to connect with. They are always helpful and wiling to walk you through whatever problem you have and they are very quick at fixing problems if any. They can be trusted. They are always willing to try and grow new ways of offering the service.

Cons:

It will be a great benefit if eventually they are approved in other provinces to manage raffle tickets online. Otherwise, I don't have anything to criticize them about. They are still growing and they have been willing to adapt and modify as needed.

Zeffy Response

3 years ago

Thank you so much for the glowing review!

Jim
Marketing Board Chair in US
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 2–10 Employees

Zeffy is the Real Deal - Drop GoFundMe - Go with Zeffy!

Pros:

The features and the zero transaction fees make the platform ideal for NPO's. It truly is more intuitive in design and features than any other offering. We have saved $1,000's in transaction fees for our organization. We even use the system for tickets for events. It wonderful.

Cons:

Would be nice to have a messaging system to send updates out to donors who have donated via the system.

Catie
Board Secretary in US
Civic & Social Organization, 2–10 Employees

Perfect for a low-use Senior Center

Comments: I am so grateful we found this product! It is just what we needed.

Pros:

Our small-town Senior Center base basically disappeared during Covid. We are struggling to rebuild our membership. Many of our older population are not computer savvy, so we needed something simple to use and that we could easily add off-line (cash) payments to for tracking purposes. Zeffy suits us perfectly.

Cons:

I cannot get images to load no matter what size or shape they are. Customer Support has been great about getting them to load for me, but I hate to keep bugging them, and I'm not sure why I can't get it to work. Plus telling me what pixel sizes is not helpful for a non-graphic person :\

Nicole
Directrice in Canada
Education Management, Self Employed

Simple yet surprisingly extensive

Comments: User friendly and efficient

Pros:

Very user friendly, reliable. Excellent customer service. Always available.

Cons:

Still learning more about all the available options

Michelle
Graphic Designer / Volunteer in US
Philanthropy, 51–200 Employees

We ❤️ Zeffy

Comments: Overall I loved using the Zeffy platform to sell tickets for our fundraiser event. Once I set it set up, everything went smoothly. We’ll be using it for more events in the future. I found being able to sell tickets online to be a huge help, in the time it takes and also for planning purposes. And we also now have a list of people who bought tickets with their contact information for future events (which we didn’t necessarily have prior to using Zeffy). Thank you Zeffy!

Pros:

No cost to our service organization and no cost to our customers. Easy to set up, easy for our organization to get paid. Easy for our customers to go to the site and buy tickets.

Cons:

There were a number of times when I had questions about the set up or how to make changes after we were up and running. But there was no one manning the chat feature and when I left a message it took 1-2 days for a Zeffy person to get back to me. When they did I was not near my computer or I had already spent a bunch of time trying to figure it out myself (and being frustrated). I did appreciate that you got back to me to answer my questions. It would be much more helpful if the help was more readily available. I’d love it if the chat feature was truly live, at least during regular business hours. That would be a huge help.

Sarah
Corporate Services Coordinator in Canada
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51–200 Employees

Beyond Impressed

Comments: The customer service and integrity are second to none. Simplyk's team is so cohesive. They answer my emails quickly, professionally, and with great helpfulness. They arranged video calls to get to know our agency and goals; it's obvious to me that they know our agency personally and care about our success. As far as integrity goes, every promise Simplyk made has been delivered. We were shocked when the first donation came through at 100% of the donated amount. When they say "no fees," they actually mean it. I trust this company completely, and it has been a pleasure working with them on our projects.

Pros:

Simplyk is a dream solution for our fundraising. It is great for the donor, with easy navigation and few clicks. At the back-end, it was so easy to set up our pages and make them look beautiful on the interface.

Cons:

We are hosting an event that requires people to register before they create a fundraising profile. We have had a few people create a profile on the fundraising page without registering beforehand, which requires a bit of manual follow-up. However, Simplyk has some great features in place to prevent this, like auto-directing people to the event page after they register.

Jessica
Management Consulting, Self Employed

Love Zeffy

Comments: I use ticketing, donations, membership and volunteer tracking

Pros:

No hidden fees, works well, has multiple uses, love it

Cons:

I say it every time i'm asked but I'd love to be able to separate event tickets and donations when processing deposits. right now any funds owing come to me as a lump sum and does mean extra admin work

Rachel
Board Member in US
Alternative Medicine, 2–10 Employees

Way more than I expected! Zeffy does it all!

Comments: Love! It's helped our nonprofit achieve more faster than we expected!

Pros:

Zeffy is an incredible platform for our small nonprofit. We're able to save on donation fees, which is a huge burden lifted. And they offer SO MUCH MORE than I was expecting! They can handle event tickets, online shop items, raffles and even memberships. Zeffy has allowed us to set up programs faster and easier than imagined, all with embeded forms so we maintain branding.

Cons:

Large donations are tricky and users sometimes ask for alternative methods to pay.

Tyler
Director of Marketing & Design in US
Sports, 51–200 Employees

Great Registration Software for Non-profits

Comments: My rep has been fantastic and quick to respond, super easy to implement on our website, easy to build custom forms

Pros:

Zeffy was exactly what we needed to register and collect fees for our soccer camps. We needed a way to build forms with their shirt sizes, years of experience etc., as well as receive payments at the same time, and Zeffy does just that.

Cons:

I have no features of Zeffy that I do not like.

Alyssa
Board Member in US
Veterinary, 2–10 Employees

Great software!

Pros:

My organization started using Zeffy a few months ago and has been very pleased so far. At this point, we are primarily using it for event management because it allows for an easy, free way for customers to purchase tickets to events and make donations. It allows for easy filtering of donors and exporting to Excel if you need to analyze donations further. I have reached out to customer service twice to learn about different product features, and they have been incredibly helpful on both occasions. I am looking forward to learning more about Zeffy's capabilities and implementing them at my organization!

Cons:

I would be interested in more options on the volunteer management pages. I haven't spent a ton of time researching it, but on first glance it looked as though you could only post for specific volunteer event. It would be helpful for my organization if we could use it as a volunteer database.

Founder/CEO in US

Zeffy4Lions

Comments: Great, Great, Great, and very happy that my son told me about this for our Lions Lighthouse Concert - Humanitarian Aid for Turkiye & Syria.

Pros:

The best that I like to say is that in the world of non-profits like Lions Clubs, there is none better as they do not charge a mandatory percentage.

Cons:

24-hour email response. Wish immediate Message response.