• Overall
    4.7 /5
    4.6 /5
    4.7 /5

About Volley

Fast track design review with quick, visual feedback that gets everyone on the same page.

Learn more about Volley

Designer
  • Reviewed on 17/2/2021

"Useful tool annotating websites with quick back and forth team feedback"

Comments: With Volley, we found an easy way to write on top of the webpages and accelerate feedback between developers, clients, and designers.

Pros: Volley is useful for marking up websites to give quick feedback on design, UI, site navigation, and functionality, all with the best visual cue that is annotating over the real product.

Cons: I was reluctant to try Volley at first because when my development partner pointed me to their home page and what I saw put me instantly away from trying it, an ugly designed site with super cluttered home page using terrible fonts. I thought if this is the way they present themselves, and if the site is so badly designed, why would the product design be better. So, after his reiterative insistence, I agreed in trying it and must say we are finding it useful.

Amy H.
UX+UI Designer
  • Reviewed on 12/2/2021

"Great software but doesn't stand out too much from other solutions (Zeplin, Invision and evrybo)"

Comments: Definitely good, but nothing that stood out from other software. I have seen a very very startup company who offered a similar collaboration tool who had inbuilt ability to 'send for sign off' from the client and get client to check boxes to approve content, design and responsive. The company who did this (Share With Clients) is unfortunately not able to keep up with my other needs - the ability to tab between screens and Flexi width + height. However this element felt like it had massive potential

Pros: I like being able to mark comments as resolved - as a designer this is crucial when you have a list of 100 tasks on design boards to run through. The ability to attach images in comments isn't something I've seen before and was what really persuaded me to try out the software

Cons: The draw functionality - not sure it's needed. I think the ability to reply to comments with mockups is great and is more a priority. I've really enjoyed using this during the trial however couldn't justify the price.

Tom D.
  • Reviewed on 12/2/2021

"Simple to use and does exactly what it's supposed to!"

Pros: Volley has made our website feedback and revision requests much simpler. It's incredibly easy to use and has a clean and simple UI which adds to that easy to use feeling. The first client we had utilize it, I wasn't sure how it was going to go but he even called (unprompted) to comment how Volley was a "cool little tool" and made his feedback much simpler.

Cons: They're a growing company, so some features are still in the works. While it was easy for clients to use, they still had to create an account and install a Chrome extension. They also now receive emails from Volley such as feature updates, etc. which is a little frustrating as most of these are one-time users. This should be getting resolved soon though as I believe white-label is on the way at the time of this rev iew.

Thanks for your review Tom

The story about your client calling up made my morning! Really neat to hear.

In regards to clients still recieving emails, this is a good point, we're looking into adding a checkbox when signing up to opt in to updates, especially for anyone invited to colloborate. The last thing we want is for Volley to feel spammy.

Maybe something like this:

Also, youre right! Embedable widget is coming. Here's a video showing the UX

We cant wait to share this with all of you.

Adrian W.
brand.creator
  • Reviewed on 12/2/2021

"A must-have tool for every web designer"

Pros: Volley is easier to use, faster and more stable than other software I have used.

Cons: On-boarding instructions for clients could be improved.

Thanks for the feedback Adrian

Stability is mportant to us and we're glad it is resonating with you.

In regards to client onboarding, we agree. We're currently working on a page that you can send your clients that will explain in detail how to use Volley :)

Have a wonderful day!

Vivek G.
Graphic Design, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/2/2021

"Less bottleneck in our design process with Volley"

Pros: Our team was using various methods including sharing screenshots over emails. With Volley this process has been way more easier and enjoyable. We can easily track what needs to be done and mark it complete inside the app. Our team can now add notes and reply to them within the app without searching for email thread.

Cons: Currently there is no way of giving feedback without installing the google chrome extension. Sometimes we need to share the design with clients for further inputs and hard to explain to them that they need to download and install something to their browser to actually give feedback. But they say volley team is working on it. Once done it would be easier for guests to give feedback.

by Volley on 16/2/2021

Thanks for the review Vivek,

We're happy to hear Volley has made your feedback process easier.

We are indeed working on a very simle way to collect feedback without the need for the extension and we can't wait to realease it for all of you!

Mohammad A.
Product designer

"Volley Review"

Comments: I like the idea that Volley is based on, the collaboration and sharing feedbacks is much quicker and easier, especially on platforms that there is no feature for that or it's poor if exists, and I think Volley has this potential to be much better than this.

Pros: The thing I was really enjoyed using Volley was the process of using it through it's add-on.
It was a quick and efficient way to receive feedback on my designs and also It was very easy for our product manager as well so he don't have to screen shot and crop the screen to write his feedback, specially on designs that was on the Webflow.

Cons: The collaboration on Volley was a bit disappointing, the first time that my manager gave me feedback I asked him a question about that feedback and expected his answer but never received, then after that i realized that I won't be notified through email for the messages that I or him may miss on the project. So this time I went and asked my question on Slack to get his answer.

by Volley on 15/2/2021

Thanks so much for the review Mohammad. Especially as a someone who was added as a colloborator by another. Your thoughts and feedback are extreamly valuable. We're glad you found th eoverall process easy.

In response to your colloboration comments, thanks for the feedback. We recently added a notifications center which will ensure that your fellow colloborators recieve email notifications when you leave feedback from now on :)
You can read more about the newly launched notifications feature here:

John W.
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/2/2021

"This software saves numerous emails"

Comments: The software does exactly what it purports to do. It doesn't have any unnecessary features that bog down the product. It has changed the way I manage the deployment of websites.

Pros: I like that I can clearly understand changes from my clients and track the completion of those changes.

Cons: I wish there were a way in Volley to organize comments and changes by URL.

• Reviewed on 25/2/2021
Ishan B.
  • Reviewed on 13/2/2021

"Really improves the workflow"

Comments: It has really improved our workflow. Highly recommended.

Pros: Volley is as easy as it gets. One click and you can give the feedback. No need to capture screenshots and then writing on top of screenshots, Volley just works.

Cons: I wish it showed on the page all the feedback that's already given; for that we need to go to Volley dashboard.

Khaled A.
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/2/2021

"Useful way to provide website feedback"

Comments: Overall my experience with Volley is positive, I enjoy using it.

Pros: I enjoy using Volley for website feedback as the team works on new landing pages. It helps to keep the feedback right on the page without using other applications like screen capture software

Cons: It could be improved by having integrations with Zapier and Asana.

Vanessa G.
Director of Editorial and Content
  • Reviewed on 12/2/2021

"Great for proofing websites"

Pros: I liked that I was able to make edits directly on the webpage. Before I used to have to make PDFs of a page and make edits there, which was very time-consuming.

Cons: I didn't like that you couldn't go to a page and see all the sticky notes at one time. Navigating through the list on Volley is a bit confusing.

Thanks for the review Vanessa

Happy to hear that Volley has replaced the document method of website QA. I used to do it the same way and it was a nightmare. Things would end up so scattered.

Love your idea of seeing (and maybe even editing) existing notes while commenting. This is something we plan to look into.

Thanks again for the wonderful feedback and happy Volleying!

Ryan J.
  • Reviewed on 19/2/2021

"My new "go-to" tool for feedback"

Comments: I've enjoyed my experience and the support that Volley provides. I really hope this company continues to do great things with this product.

Pros: The ease of use and the amount of time that this software saves me is incredible. We use the tool for both internal and external feedback on websites. What used to take 30 minutes can now be done in five.

Cons: My Chrome extension was a bit glitchy at first, but it's all good now.

Marcin F.
Designer
Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 8/3/2021

"Very good tool to provide feedback"

Comments: It improves the workflow. I look forward to new features. Whitelabel option would be great.

Pros: It's intuitive and easy to use. I like that you only need a Chrome extension for it to work.

Cons: It would be great if I could receive an email with notification when there's a new feedback.

• Reviewed on 8/3/2021
Andrea C.
Freelance web developer
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 17/2/2021

"Huge improvements in web site bug management"

Comments: Volley let me lose less time trying to understand what my non technical customers wanted me to edit on the web sites I'm working on. They just navigate the website and point out something they want to be fixed by taking screenshots. Very very useful!

Pros: Very easy to use with great documentation. It's easy to setup even for the less techie customers.

Cons: I'd like to let customers take screenshots on mobile phones as well. Right now it's not possible.

Aman G.
Associate Director

"A must have tool"

Pros: I think it solves one of the key problems faced in the website development industry. it is very simple to use.

Cons: I think it is still in very nascent stage so missing few features which can be helpful. I think it will evolve with time.

Thora S.
Writing & Editing, Self Employed

"Cool tool"

Comments: It makes it easy to communicate with my web designer about changes to my site.

Pros: I like that I can specify precisely where on a page that a change should be made.

Cons: It sometimes does not acknowledge me and I have to uninstall and reinstall it.

Andrey K.
  • Reviewed on 27/2/2021

"Good UI/UX, missing a few features"

Comments: I think the process with volley could still be improved, but the software overall is nice

Pros: The UI/UX is very good and pleasant to use.

Cons: Missing the feature to organize and easily share results (send links)

• Reviewed on 27/2/2021
Ben O.
  • Reviewed on 26/2/2021

"A powerful design feedback tool"

Comments: Really good, there are a few client feedback tools in the space and really Volley is the simplest to use. I'm happy with Volley as is, and with forthcoming developments I expect it to become an ever more capable tool.

Pros: Simple solution to getting in browser feedback from clients on webdesign, UX and UI

Cons: Currently, the app uses a chrome extension, this creates a point of friction/resistance for users. Volley are working on a completely browser-based "widget" to solve this issue. At which stage Volley will be even more awesome.

• Reviewed on 26/2/2021
Serita G.
Founder | Cheif Strategist
  • Reviewed on 21/2/2021

"Must Have Workflow Product"

Pros: Volly makes it extremely easy to monitor and request specific feedback virtually.

Cons: I'd love if in the future I could use this product for video content reviews. It would indeed be a game-changer .

• Reviewed on 21/2/2021
Michelle U.
Art Director
  • Reviewed on 12/2/2021

"Great in concept! Could use some more features"

Comments: Generally positive, really nice to have the added visual element, but the lack of functionality for ticket organization and tracking is a big setback to me. We traditionally use Trello and tried out Volley for a specific project because the dev team already used it. I think in the future I would stick with trello just because it's much easier to organize.

Pros: I love that the tickets automatically generate a screenshot of the issue and link to that page of the site. I also like that you can draw, attach files, and comment anywhere on the screen.

Cons: One issue for me is the lack of organizational options and ticket management beyond "resolved" and "unresolved." I think there's a functional need to add categorization options so that tickets can be files as to do, in progress, ready for QA, opened, etc. Also, it would be nice if there was tagging and search functionality in the tickets aside from viewing them either oldest or newest first. It would make it much easier to keep track of the tickets

by Volley on 17/2/2021

Thanks so much for the detailed review, Michelle. We're happy to hear you are enjoying Volley's core functionality.

I love your thoughts about note labels. This is definatley something we plan to explore and a natural next step in terms of features :)

Happy Volleying!

Rob M.
Marketing Manager
Retail, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/2/2021

"Very handy tool"

Comments: Volley has definitely allowed us to streamline the development of our website and we will now consider the tool in other aspects on future projects.

Pros: Volley has been well thought out with regards to its functionality and simplicity of use. I've personally implemented Volley as a way to report bugs and styling issues in a beta website that I'm outsourcing. Volley allows me to pin the issues on the staging site to give feedback to my developers for changes needed.

Cons: It would be handy if Volley also included the URL of the specific webpage that I'm on when capturing a screenshot. As a workaround, I just copy the URL and paste it at the bottom of my comment but it'd be neat to have an "Include URL" tickbox.

by Volley on 16/2/2021

Thanks so much for the review Rob.

I'm excited to let you know that we actually do include the URL from the webpage where your note was capturred. You can click "Details" just below the note text to see the URL. Here's a quick video explaining:

Thanks again and have a wonderful day.

• Reviewed on 15/2/2021
Bryan L.
Co-Founder
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/2/2021

"Great Product, Excited to see its future"

Pros: Streamlines design process in a new approach

Cons: This is a new product to the game. Designers will be skeptical of completely switching to using it full time if it's uncertain how long it will be around.

Usman S.
Web Developer
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

"Easy to use"

Comments: The overall experience is good

Pros: I like almost every feature. It's easy to use and easy to navigate. I am using this as a user and with my client to keep him updated on projects I am working on.

Cons: The user interface will be needs some cool and attractive color scheming other than that its fine.

Art Director
  • Reviewed on 23/2/2021

"Time saving tool"

Comments: It's easy to use and I really like the minimal interface.

Pros: Everyone involved in developing a digital product spends countless hours implementing feedback comments after the first prototype is launched. This tool just cuts in half the time because you will stop guessing what the person on the other side of the screen meant to say.

Cons: Not all clients are tech-savvy and installing a browser extension could be a daunting task.

• Reviewed on 23/2/2021
Heather S.
Marketing Manager
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/2/2021

"Easy website markup for team"

Pros: I liked the functionality to add comments to a website page to share with my developer.

Cons: It was difficult at first to learn how to turn the commenting on and off on a website page.

Raúl P.
Marketer
Accounting, 501-1,000 Employees

"Not bad"

Pros: It's coool and helps me in my daily tasks

Cons: It's slow and I would prefer to have better ui