• Overall
    4.1 /5
    4.2 /5
    3.7 /5

About Genesys Cloud

Genesys Cloud makes customer relationships simple. We connect phone, email, and chat through one tool for better customer engagement.

Learn more about Genesys Cloud

Matthew C.
Communications Manager
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/11/2018

"99% Sunny and Hot with the odd occasional downpour"

Comments: The overall experience we have had is a great one with a few niggles I would say to describe the downsides. The main experience moving past the building and testing stage into full BAU was another great experience as the support during the early stages was nothing less than exemplary. The issues that abounded with our previous dialler software supplier have now been remedied by our decision to align our business with the Genesys product Purecloud. We are now investing our time and efforts to implement Pureclouds growing functionality to unify our communications Chat, Email, SMS and Social and integrate these with the voice channel to improve the customer journey everytime they wish to communicate with us.

Pros: The ease of use when building the infrastructure to run all the different brands and departments here at Grove & Dean, the stability of the Platform as we are open 24/7 and have only a small team in support of the system. The ease of use, for the agent with the simple yet full featured agent interface and desktop environment. The roll out of new features or improvement of existing ones, the visionary updates from the Genesys senior team and the ability for the users to influence the shape of the platform through the ideas Lab and the fact that they "LISTEN" to the users. Lastly, which is not really a software benefit, the community of users that are sharing their experiences for the greater good for all.

Cons: The support post "LIVE" - Processes too long, lack of knowledge and experience in the first line support team, no immediacy, solutions not always valid and some of the Self Service referral techniques support attempt to use to justify their solutions.

• Reviewed on 15/11/2018
Workforce Scheduler
Telecommunications, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/1/2021

"8/10 product for now, as this product gets better will easily be a 10/10 product in the future"

Comments: I'm happy to be using this product as it becomes better and will be a very strong product to beat in the future

Pros: It was easy to implement and start up. For my company as we had multiple software for our CRM, Genesys Cloud really made it easy as it is all in one software

Cons: Some areas still need to be developed, such as the reporting and the Workforce Management addon

• Reviewed on 24/1/2021
Murat A.
System Analyst
Banking, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/4/2020

"Genesys Pure Cloud"

Pros: It is easy to use this product it is like a rock

Cons: Price policies are not flexible and scalable.

• Reviewed on 29/4/2020
Teri P.
VP - HR, Payroll, Contact Center
  • Reviewed on 12/9/2017

"PureCloud is easy to navigate and I appreciate that there are continuous improvements being made."

Comments: Ease of connecting all my agents and the ability to easily move agents as needs changed. Adding customers quickly and being able to provide dedicated, specific customer service for their customers. Also, being able to have control of changing messages. In my previous software I was supposed to provide 24 hours notice if I wanted the inclement weather message played because we needed to close - we are in Wisconsin - we don't really decide to just close 24 hours in advance, we wait and see if it is really necessary and then proceed. Having that ability to change with changing/time sensitive situations also extremely helpful.

Pros: Hands down - ease of training new agents and getting them up and running is my number one. Also, I have transitioned from 3 separate systems for Outbound, Email/Chat and IVR and now all of my agents are in 1 system AND can communicate with each other! We have a much more customer-centric experience for our customers with better flow and getting them to the person who can help them the most without asking them to call back a different number. We are also able to house all supporting documents within the software - so we have cleared cubicles (which, let's be honest, are already small to begin with) of training binders, updates, FAQs, scripts and other resources. We were also able to move to USB headsets, further saving monthly land line expenses as well as improving sound quality for both the agents and our customers. Ease of scalability is one of the reasons we went with PureCloud as we were maxing out and having a difficult time going up/down in seats and be agile about it previously easy to add, difficult to remove. I find the Resource Center helpful and I am able to add or change things within PureCloud through the step-by-step directives. I also really like that there are improvements being made daily to PureCloud (weekly release notes) and it shows the proactive stance that Genesys takes with the product and not waiting to make annual overhauls to the product.

Cons: I would have to say my greatest pain point is reporting. Canned reporting within PureCloud is limited and there have been minimal modifications made here. The data is available through the API but without having that resource internally, I rely heavily on running my own data for the operation from contact center stats to generating information for invoicing clients that we provide 3rd party contact center services for. This is a sticking point for me. Additionally, the script writer is a bit cumbersome - improvements are coming on this one, but at this point I don't load a full script, I only screen pop information regarding the account because it is difficult to build and have it make sense for what I need it for. Biggest issue? Everything is plain text so all my bold, colorized, hyperlinked etc. all disabled.

• Reviewed on 12/9/2017
Network Mimar¿
Banking, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 9/1/2020

"Genesys Review"

Comments: When you compare the other Contact Center social media tools, I'm pretty sure that genesys did well on this. Previous versiyona has some issues and diffuculties while integration you should be a pro. But now they're making the stuff more eaiser which pretty Fast comparing the past.

Pros: Genesys pure cloud side, we generally use social media integration, which is good to have Twitter and facebook to use it.

Cons: Wish that it also have instagram, YouTube, appstore and googleplay integration features as well rather than providing Professional services.

• Reviewed on 9/1/2020
IT Supplier Risk & Governance Manager
Banking, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 1/2/2019

"Genesys service & product review"

Comments: Its providing and outsourced to the bank which we can rollout new call centre very quickly

Pros: Pros:
We moved to a third part for 1-2 line support service ( Kaptec) to provide a good all around support services.

Cons: Pure cloud now does what it was design to do and provide cloud based telephone outsources services to the bank, but I was not resilient for the first year or so,
The service rap was also very poor, with Genesys SDM not flexible in dealing with major incident and provided root cause of these issues back to the customer, If we want any changes customisation to the product everything was a project and prolong delivery timescales with genesys consultants.
The license model for the agents is quite confusing and the license model for the genesis product is expensive and at time hard to understand

• Reviewed on 1/2/2019
Neil C.
Specialist Engineer Service Operations
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/5/2020

"Genesys Cloud Review"

Comments: Overall Genesys Cloud solution was a game changer specially during this time of pandemic crisis as we are able to work from home and provide continues support to our customers.

Pros: Features and easy user adaptability, Can use it anywhere and does not need physical hardware, Contact Center features, ie ACD and Reporting.

Cons: Telephony Features are OK but need some improvement if compared to features provided by traditional IPT vendors like Cisco and Avaya.

• Reviewed on 21/5/2020
Lindsay H.
Associate Director for Operations and Education
  • Reviewed on 20/10/2017

"We switched to PureCloud 15 months ago. It has been great for us. We love how reliable it is."

Pros: We love that it is reliable. We haven't had an outage in our 15 months of usage, which is something we experienced a lot with our previous software. We also like the user interface and the unified desktop.

Cons: The reporting section is what I was disappointed me. Part of that has to do my naivety. I thought reporting was the same in all software and did not pay much attention to the reporting section prior to selecting this. We only use the reports provided and do anything additional with APIs available, since we don't have the personnel or budget for that. We make what is there work, and knowing what I know now, I would still select PureCloud again. If I were doing it again today, I would have a better plan for data and reports and how to meet our unique needs for that. For other industries, I am sure the reports are great.

• Reviewed on 20/10/2017
Mohammed N.
Telecom System Engineer
Human Resources, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 3/2/2019

"Genesys PureCloud review"

Comments: Maximum utilization of manpower productivity. atomizing the contact center workflow & saving supervision cost.

Pros: The Ultimate Security Control, High Availability, Business Continuity & System Flexibility. such as managing the workgroups & locations for different lines of business & modules using single interface. compatibility with most CRM apps & workforce management systems, live-time system, workgroup & user reporting & forecasting.

Cons: Knowledge base & FAQ does not cover all software features, real time dashboards needs more developments & hotfixes including social media & web chat features (looking forward for the new software upgrade that will fix most of this issues).

• Reviewed on 3/2/2019
Telecommunications Systems Administrator
Education Management, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/11/2018

"Actively enhanced platform"

Comments: Purecloud is a solid platform with limitless functionality. It's great to learn on from an entry level admin standpoint and even better to work on as you continue to learn.

Pros: The platform is actively updated with new features and fixes, this has allowed us to make constant revisions and refinements to our contact centers flows and scripts. As we've learned more about the platform and new features have been released we've found almost limitless possibilities to reduce handle time and increase the customer experience.

Cons: It's difficult to adjust to working on a platform that is largely troubleshot by the team's that developed the platform vs. having physical devices on site that you can troubleshoot on your own. The biggest issue with this is support can be lacking at times and very tedious to work with.

• Reviewed on 14/11/2018
Tashwill C.
IT Director: Sub-Saharan Africa
Facilities Services, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/3/2019

"PureCloud Review"

Pros: PureCloud is a great product, very agile and innovative and love the "almost" cloud based architecture

Cons: The local product support and channel in Africa is lacking......or Genesys have not exposed this to us. Very frustrating having to deal with an offshore direct relationship in EMEA

• Reviewed on 26/3/2019
George Y.
Infrastructure and wfm coordinator
Insurance, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 4/8/2019

"Genesys PureCloud rev"

Pros: Simple out of the box solution that could provide me with many tools while minimizing our operational costs

Cons: Initially it wasn't as advanced as it is now

• Reviewed on 4/8/2019
Luca M.
Head of Direct Sales & Special Projects
Hospitality, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/4/2018

"Felxible and reduce time to market"

Pros: Ability to implement small-medium requests in short time and with low impact on IT dept.
The continuous improvement on the platform is a plus.

Cons: Not sure about the handling of multi nations architectures. In some case is required to have one administrator handling several instances of the software for every single market.

• Reviewed on 16/4/2018
Caitlin S.
Night Dispatch
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/3/2020

"Easy and simple"

Comments: I love how fully integrated it is, with instant message and phone system being all in one place.

Pros: Purecloud is very easy and straight forward.

Cons: The software is great but occasionally drops calls.

• Reviewed on 27/3/2020
Jack H.
RealTime Analyst
Financial Services, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 4/1/2019

"Not a great start"

Comments: Having used the software for 3 months now I am still unhappy with a lot more features than I am happy with. Genesys really need to introduce the 'copy and paste' functionality as this alone makes the software seem behind it's competition.

Pros: - Layout, very nice to look at and relatively user friendly
- Combination of staffing outlook when viewing a timeline
- 'Rollback' feature to reset schedule to a previous date / time

Cons: - Lack of basic functionality such as copy and paste
- Java can be slow to respond
- Little customization available to the user, especially in terms of layout

• Reviewed on 4/1/2019
Director of IT
Consumer Goods, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/10/2018

"self serviced, easy to use SaaS solution for your customer care environment"

Pros: Flexibility of system, great UX, self managed

Cons: Support could be improved. While PC aims to allow you to run independently, it is sometimes required

• Reviewed on 19/10/2018
Hunter W.
Experience Team Commander
Internet, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/3/2019

"Reliability is non-existent"

Pros: I like that everything is centralized - calls, chats, emails, quality evaluations, reporting.

Cons: I feel as though the reliability is the worst possible. We have experienced several crashes with this, which has set our team up for failure.

by Genesys on 20/3/2019

Hi Hunter! Sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing with PureCloud. We will pass this feedback along to your AE and be sure to be in touch as soon as possible. Thanks!

• Reviewed on 16/3/2019
Instructional Design Supervisor, Training & Development
Automotive, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/9/2018

"When It Works, It Works"

Comments: Overall, PureCloud works for us, but it could work a lot better!

Pros: PureCloud is easy for our users on the phone, and for our supervisors monitoring calls. Its straightforward interface is a breath of fresh air.

Cons: PureCloud often has outages that interrupt our business. Calls can get stuck, and weird bugs can happen. Also, the feature for looking up previous interactions could use some work for ease of use.

by Genesys on 12/9/2018

Thanks for leaving a review on PureCloud but sorry to hear you're having some difficulties. You wrote the review anonymously so I can't reach out directly to you to discuss further, but we really would like to better understand how we can make a difference. Please do reach out to me directly at [email protected] and I can ensure you are connected with the correct teams. Thanks Lara Booth

• Reviewed on 6/9/2018
Wendy D.
Assistant to the CFO
Philanthropy, 51-200 Employees
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 4/11/2016

"Awesome"

Comments: This new program is easy to use and the customer service is absolutely the best! They have designed a program tailored to our specific needs.

Pros: Ease of use

Cons: Nothing

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 4/11/2016
Stephanie B.
Telecom Analyst
Veterinary, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/3/2020

"VERY FRUSTRATED"

Comments: very poor

Pros: nothing so far since we are unable to set up the product SFDC bridge connector

Cons: we are trying to set up PureCloud to work with the SFDC bridge connector - not able to set this up and not support from Genesys

• Reviewed on 12/3/2020
Tahsin A.
Software Consultant
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 22/2/2021

"Simple and Powerful Contact Center in Cloud"

Pros: The best thing is, it is really ready to go software for the contact centres, you can even start to work on day 2 with a simple integrations. As this is a SAAS platform, the updates from Genesys also really important and it seems they are doing this really good.

Cons: It's still a young product, so some features are still being developed.

• Reviewed on 22/2/2021
Adrian B.
Enterprise IT Engineer
Marketing & Advertising, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/3/2021

"Excellent all in one product"

Comments: Brilliant product and seamless integration, did not take long to get the product set up and the users onboarded

Pros: Seamless integration, great product and feature rich under continual development - all in one place resouce

Cons: Nothing really comes to mind at present, the Dev environment is a little cumbersome

• Reviewed on 11/3/2021
Expert
Information Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/4/2020

"It proves its value in pandemic of COVID-19"

Pros: Cloud based solution with WebRTC client works perfectly when all agents need to work from home.

Cons: Reporting needs to be improved, because it's rigid and hard to customized.

• Reviewed on 27/4/2020
Customer Service Representative
Entertainment, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/3/2020

"A Step Up From Previous Call Center Software, But Prone To Errors"

Comments: While PureCloud has had its frustrating glitches, I find that it works far better and more intuitively than previous call center software. Having access to a number of features all in one place, rather than spread out across multiple programs, truly provides ease of mind.

Pros: PureCloud allows fluid communication either across the call center floor, across town, or even across the state or country. It allows multiple utilities that previous software such as Presence did not allow for, such as callback and voicemail functionality, chat features and built in email clients. It becomes a one-stop shop for a call center looking to offer more outreach for customers. Having the ability to work from home, especially in times of crisis, is crucial and this is what PureCloud does best.

Cons: Prone to outages and glitches, though admittedly some of these could be due to network errors within the company. The email client is less than intuitive, and frequently seems to block out valuable attachments, which are important when working in a tech support role.

• Reviewed on 20/3/2020
Pritam P.
Senior Engineer
Information Technology & Services, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 3/5/2020

"Product Review || Genesys cloud"

Comments: So , as told i like most of the features and functions of different components. Mine overall experience pretty good and i have learnt lot of new things in this platform, so its really helping me to grow in my career in technical front.

Pros: Genesys Purecloud or Cloud is very versatile contact center product for any size of organisation. I like most of the features of this product out o that most is architect part, its really very easy and flexible for any new requirement.

Cons: As such i don't have any point to describe but one thing i am facing now a days after every maintenance window, lots of bugs we have seen, again its takes couple of hours to rectify. I thing we can do better for any maintenance window or update window further.

• Reviewed on 3/5/2020