15 years helping Irish businesses

About DoorLoop

All-in-one mobile home park management software that helps property managers and owners make more money, get organized, and grow.

Learn more about DoorLoop

Pros:

I enjoy the integrations that DoorLoop provide both tenant and property manager.

Cons:

Text message tracking would allow the software to streamline the eviction court preparation process.

DoorLoop ratings

4.9

9.5/10

DoorLoop has an overall rating of 4.9 out 5 stars based on 679 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used DoorLoop before?

Irving
Irving
Principal in US
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

The easiest and most affordable

Pros:

Definitely the ease of use. Our last software took us months to figure out, and cost a fortune for training. After a few painful years, we finally made the switch because they didn't have certain features we wanted that doorloop offered. To say the software is easy to use is an understatement. We only needed two training sessions (an hour each), and felt like we were proficient enough to get going. What took months before, not only took a matter of days. It definitely took the pain out of migration and training.

Cons:

I'm still waiting for the Zapier integration to be fully connected with all the apps so we can start doing some automation with our other programs.

Gordon
Property Manage and Realtor in US

My experience with DoorLoop

5.0 last month New

Comments: Overall I am happy, customer service is very responsive.

Pros:

I like the appearance of the interface. The dashboard helps keep you organized. Email notifications of rental payments from the Tenants.

Cons:

Paying bills is a little confusing the way you have to wade through different windows to make a payment.

Nickalaus

Not Designed for the Accountant at Heart

Comments: It is a start up so you are going to get a very start up based experience. Meaning, that you may end up knowing more than the person helping you. I quickly found that after using the product for an hour I knew more about certain parts of the software than the sales rep. I was also a little disappointed that the sales team does not know "Property Management" they are just trying to see you a product. So be prepared to educate on the business to some degree. They are all nice people and they do want to do a good job, they are just in their words "new". I think that in several years they can dominate the market, but they are not there yet. I find that they are responsive and I liked that you communicated by Zoom, it felt more personal.

Pros:

Single software to address numerous concerns around managing your real estate. The Customer Service was helpful. It feels fresh and clean and is easy to navigate and requires little learning curve to get going. It gives you a intuitive feel when using the majority of the product.

Cons:

Basic Betty is how I felt the product was. So while I was excited that this would be a single software to do it all, I quickly learned that it was just your basic approach to each process they help you manage. So while they can do the majority of what you need in the rental property management space, they are not doing any of it at an expert level. Meaning, you get the entry level for what you are trying to do. The accounting package is okay, but it is not great, you probably want to strongly consider a true accounting software for accounting. They can do more, BUT the name of the game is "work around". I wanted to track specific details for my tenants, like their basic demographic information not an option, told you can just enter random notes in a note pad. Your Google/Apple contacts has the ability to track more information about your tenant that your property management software. That is now where I wanted to be. I want to track expenses at the "Unit" level, they cant not do that they track at the property level, so if you have a single property that has multiple units (Apt Complex, Duplex, Storage Facility) you have to create "properties" for each of these to be able to track expenses for them. Settings are at the Property Level and so you would get the opportunity to change settings for each unit over just changing those setting one time. This can create a lot of work for you if you plan to have larger properties.

2 years ago

Thank you for your review, Nickalaus! We're glad to hear that our clean interface and awesome world-class support team have been great assets to your business. We hear your feedback about accounting and assure you that we are constantly expanding DoorLoop's features based on our users' feedback. You can look forward to even more robust accounting features in the coming months. In addition to that, it's always our goal to offer comprehensive support that gives you the tools you need to succeed. Thank you again for your feedback and for being a part of our family!

Kristen
Kristen
President in US

Use of DoorLoop for Property Management

Comments: I really like it. I almost don't want to tell others, because once my competitors see that Appfolio, Yardi, or other platforms don't really offer what you need. And not having to use Quickbooks is great!

Pros:

I love the platform and look of it. It's so easy to navigate!

Cons:

The lack of training in the short time frame allowed. It has excellent modules for self-teaching, but the components offered are so good, you want to be able to have someone help you set a goal line of setting things up, and seeing how they work.

Brandon

Doorloop is great for all PM Companies

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: 8.5/10 - I really like doorloop, i think the fees could be more upfront ie costs more with more active properties, I didn't know that. Also I believe that the PM should have a way to track funds easier when sharing the operating account with other properties. IE making a "owner" profile for the business took a bit to wrap my head around, and still throws me for a loop.

Pros:

The ease of use of the dashboard and interface. Ability to give owners a portal so they can login and see what they need when they need to.

Cons:

I have to manage my own businesses budget as a separate user and make manual deposits to the same operating account to keep my budget reconciled correctly.

Thomas
President in US

New to Door loop

5.0 last month New

Comments: Great, the issues were the third party companies

Pros:

User friendly, especially the ability to make and delete entries prior to them being reconciled. The linking of the bank accounts, tenant portal, online payments,

Cons:

The time it take for the tenant's online payments to be deposited in our accounts.

paul
Owner in Mexico
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

The Best Change I ever Made!

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: My overall experience with doorloop has been amazing. Nothing compares to it that I have used over the last 18 years,

Pros:

When I first Switched from Propertyware to Doorloop I was a bit nervous as it seemed a bit daunting and very different. However, the Customer service was amazing. The tutorials were great, but, having a live person to walk you through the whole process of setting up the properties and the accounting made the transition seamless.

Cons:

The only thing so far that I do not like is that I cannot have different currencies. One you select one you have to use that for all your clients.

Marie
Partner in US
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

Extremely valuable property management software

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

On the Accounting side, the software delivers everything you need to make informed decisions regarding rentals and property management. The software is intuitive to your needs and very customizable. Chat help is available and very helpful in the times we've reached out. The system is something that we will be able to grow with as we acquire more rental units and the tenant portal/online payments will be very useful.

Cons:

Not really a con, however, I can see where someone would try to jump right in. My advice would be to take the time to go thru DoorLoop University so that a new user has a clear understanding of how to set up the system for your own needs - and you will learn even more features that you may have not thought you needed.

Carlos

Property Manager

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall, I really like DoorLoop. I think there's a lot to learn but thus far, with practice, this is a great program.

Pros:

Easy to navigate and very user friendly.

Cons:

Would prefer to have interaction with helpdesk over the phone or zoom. Sometimes I don't receive a clear answer from the text messages online which delays.

Debra
Manager in US

Great for managing properties

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: It is a fantastic tool for managing tenants and properties.

Pros:

Tenant Portal for their payments and tickets.

Cons:

Sometimes complicated. Needs better marketing.

Evan
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

Property Management is hard. DoorLoop makes it easy.

Comments: Before DoorLoop, our property management was done entirely manually for decades, with a mix of digital and physical data, so ease of onboarding and flexibility in the system to work with our long-established methods outside of a structured platform. The platform is robust enough for our needs, but not so deep that it is overwhelming. DoorLoop has brought organization to the chaos of physical files, out-of-date spreadsheets, leases old and new, checks, etc. An intuitive interface, and ease of onboarding for our team and tenants were key, as was top-notch support. And as previously mentioned the steady roll-out of new features and improvements is a joy. We could not be happier with our decision to adopt DoorLoop into our business.

Pros:

I can't imagine running my business without DoorLoop - it is my second brain, keeping tabs on the minutia of my property data, leases, finances, and so much more. The interface is extremely intuitive and easy to set up, and hit the ground running in a matter of days. I'm impatient, so set up most of my properties before ever reaching out to support, but wish I would have waited for the excellent onboarding process, which is very hands-on and supportive. Overall, support is excellent and always there to help, they respond quickly, are knowledgeable about the product, and take ownership. Finance/accounting in the platform is heavily modeled after Quickbooks, which made that part of the transition very easy. New features are always being added, workflows streamlined, and minor annoyances fixed. I could not be happier with our decision to adopt this platform.

Cons:

There is still some daylight between DoorLoop and a full-featured accounting platform like Quickbooks. Transaction importing and categorization have some room for improvement, ie: auto-detecting reoccurring transactions, Plaid bank connection stability, and the ability to manually import transactions when necessary. Bills and expenses function entirely differently from each other, which can be confusing at first. Pro tip: just use expenses. My holy grail feature would be the ability to import invoices and automatically generate a bill or expense, or at the very least populate the vendor, invoice number, amounts, etc. This would save me hours every week. I've needed support to step in a handful of times with payment processing, but they have always resolved any issues I've had. Reporting can be frustrating, especially coming from Quickbooks, with no ability to create and save custom reports and limitations in how you can cross-report data and accounts. The default reports are fine and ultimately get the job done, but I would love to see this area improved.The help/support database is constantly being updated but often, the only way to find an answer to your question is through support chat, which, again, is always excellent. I would love to see the introduction of a user forum to share tips, tricks, and hacks for common problems that the support team may not have gotten around to writing an article about yet.

Sarah
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

Wonderful system and consistently improving!

Comments: I pretty much when into detail of all my main concerns and what i enjoy. I do appreciate all the support which a lot of companies lack. All are very friendly and knowledgeable and if they don't know the answer they will find it and not just throw random answers.

Pros:

-I love the easability, tenant portal and newest owner portal. -Tenant portal I do love the announcements and how I can see if tenant has viewed or not.-I love the chat feature to easily get answers and videos available throughout so anyone can easily hop on and learn the software

Cons:

-I wish there was owner portal announcement option-I would like to have the option when paying out owner distributions to be able to change the default, as of now until their accounting gets into the business aspect I have to manually change each, default is currently epay-processing payments, i really would like to be able to have security deposits to be able to into a separate account automatically, we have to transfer this into the right account each time it also has to be changed in doorloop to reflect the correct account. feedback from support was to just transfer once we receive it or request a check. -the ability to use the lease - esignatures, create lease templates, would be something i would like to utilize in the future but right now it is challenging so we are using "Dotloop" for all our esignatures needed.

Rebekah
Chief Administrative Officer in US

Door Loop is a One Stop Shop

Comments: Our overall experience with DoorLoop is wonderful.

Pros:

First of all, we love that DoorLoop is a cloud base system so we can log onto it using various way, from our phones to a desktop computer and see everything in real time. We also like how customizable it is and that we don't have multiple programs to keep track of everything. This program tracks it all! Not only can we keep track of rents, but also look at maintenance requests that still need to be completed. It helps us stay organized and productive.

Cons:

Bank reconciliations could be improved. If I am in the middle of a bank reconciliation but need to toggle to another area, when I come back, I have to start all over again. Sure the boxes of cleared transactions may be checked, but it would be helpful if there was an option to save so when coming back to it, I could just click on the partially reconciled statement. We have 5 portfolios and I wish we had the option to assign a cost just to the portfolio instead of a certain property. (Currently, we created "dummy" properties and assign costs to those, but those add cost to the program, since we are charged by each door we have.)

Leif

One Year In, using DoorLoop

Comments: After using two different programs in the past, it was much easier to make the switch. I am enjoying the easy handling of the program, I would like to see some changes in the payout area, such as a less expensive way for tenants to pay their rents. Some do not have checking accounts, and debit cards/prepaid cards is all they know. The higher percentage kills them to process a monthly rental payment.

Pros:

The ability to of having a lease signing program in DoorLoop, instead of having to copy and paste your documents in a different system. This allows for less mistakes to be made.

Cons:

Having to reset rental applications due to issues within the system. We have had to give refunds, so prospects could submit another application to apply for one of our rental properties.

7 months ago

Leif, Thank you for your review of DoorLoop. We strive to ensure that the system works for everyone, and we're glad that it's making your life easier with our signature templates. As a sneak peek into the coming month of DoorLoop we're actually updating the rental applications to fix the exact problem you've had (as well as just make it better to look at for you and your prospects). We can't wait to see you continue growing!

Daniel

New to DoorLoop & love so far

Comments: So far 4.5 out of 5. Some hiccups on the set up process (processing limits for receiving and sending funds was EXTREMELY low) and took days to get resolved. I don't like the 3rd party processing partner so far as they are hard to get ahold of to address any issues. I have used Stripe in the past and much easier.

Pros:

The set up process was helpful as there are some onboarding calls and demos to watch. The extensive reporting/features really help automate the workflow and efficiency of the bookkeeping

Cons:

The lack of direct phone service when there are customer support issues. Submitted tickets to request a callback and then not getting one is very frustrating. I was 99% sure phone support would have included a direct phone number to the service center, but the online support can take hours to get a response. Also the payment processing time is slow. There needs to be an option for expedited funds if there already isn't one. I am new

Matthew
Manager in US

The best parts of Gmail and Quickbooks Combined

Comments: So far I have been extremely satisfied and my experience seems to only be getting better and better. The support has made the clunky transition between PM software way less daunting.

Pros:

I was drawn in by the aesthetic and features of the platform, captivated by the intuitive, simple, and effective features, and wow'ed by the above and beyond customer service. I was previously using quickbooks and it was a little clunky and relative overkill for what we needed out of our accounting software. This simplified the process while consolidating the management side of what we needed. Having multiple properties across multiple LLCs manageable from one screen is already a big time saver.

Cons:

Most of the features that are missing are currently being added. One things I would be interested in seeing is a way to pull information from receipts to auto populate into bill pay fields (though, I realized this is a feature that is a bit more complicated to add). The fact that you can attach photos and documents to each bill satisfies that for me.

Barbara
Board President in US
Recreational Facilities & Services, 2–10 Employees

DoorLoop has been a great Product for our Unique Business Model

Comments: Overall, we are very pleased with DoorLoop. Our members love the portal and being able to set up their payments through an automatic deduction or schedule it every month. They are also able to get notifications and documents through their portal. The reporting is very good, also receiving and making payments is very easy. Setting up the chart of accounts using our format was very easy. Overall a very good experience.

Pros:

The flexibility DoorLoop offers to test to ensure your business model will work in their system. We spoke to 3 other major property management software systems and they were unwilling to pursue investigating with us. We like how easy the system is to use and all the help including the on line training material.

Cons:

That we were not advised prior to implementation that to get the full functionality/integration of automatic bank reconciliation and syncing, we needed to verify that our bank would accept the interface. Therefore, we have to do manual bank reconciliations and have to check our bank account for the actual balance.

6 months ago

Barbara, It was a pleasure learning about your business, and training you and your team on the system. You are a perfect example that DoorLoop works for anything with a door. We are always pushing updates, especially to the reconciliation, and cannot wait to make DoorLoop even better for you!

Peter

Great software

Comments: We are now able to have all our property information, project tracking, accounting, property management, and reporting in one place that allows all our team members to use the software how they need to. Very effective tool for our business that helps our team members track and report their individual responsibilities.

Pros:

We needed an all in one solution for residential, commercial, short term, and construction projects. Although DoorLoop isn't made for some of these, it was very easy to implement their features for all of our needs (Their task tracking and accounting are super helpful in project management)

Cons:

Seems like there are some small features that they don't have that would be very useful. For example, no short term rental feature, only month to month or fixed term leasing periods.

Larry

Doorloop rental management software

Comments: I can't say enough about how good the support has been! I've never had an issue getting an answer or solving a problem using the chat system. During the day response is usually almost immediate!

Pros:

The ability to track our leases and the Tenant Portal are the most important features for our business. It was an easy transition to incorporate it into our business processes once we got past the learning curve. Support is fantastic since we are able to get answers to questions or difficulties almost immediately at any time via their online chat system.

Cons:

There is a learning curve up front, but once we got used to it the product is easy to use. Some of the complexity is due to the extensive feature set.

Heidi
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

Best Property Management Software out there!

Comments: Its great. I have used other software programs in the past and nothing compares. I give them 9/10! I see my business using DoorLoop for a very long time!

Pros:

Everything! But I would have to say that the immediate online help center has been huge for me being new to this program. But also the overall ease of use and super friendly interface. Another major perk is the owner and tenant portals that your clients have 24/7 access to all their financials, rent payments, and maintenance needs.

Cons:

I wish they could update or switch their outgoing payment processor. I do not like checkbook.io and how outdated it feels and looks. Also the processing time with them is too slow. I just end up transferring rents from my business bank account instead. Its an extra step for me, but I can get my clients/home owners paid way faster

ali
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

Beat QB and few other PM software that i already tried

Comments: It has been an absolute pleasure and amazing customer service, good customer service means nothing if the product is a no go but with these guys its best of both worlds.

Pros:

It has been an absolute pleasure working with DL. Very well thought off software. The accounting modual definitely beat QB and I am a heavy user of QB. Having everything in one place make it very easy to manage the accounting aspect of PM but also other type of work that I do. I am currently using this software for some of my loan management for example and I cant wait until they open up the API and allow for some customizations because at the point this can even replace my CRM

Cons:

Need open API's pleasse and intergrations, also the ability to customize some of the fields. For example would be amazing if we can rename some of the tabs. One last thing, please allow us to upload an attachment to payments it just seems like an easy fix

2 years ago

Thank you so much, Ali! We are so happy to hear that our full-scale accounting features have been a great resource for you. As far as API goes, DoorLoop does have an open API as well as an integration with Zapier that helps you integrate with hundreds of other platforms. When it comes to attachments, you are able to upload those within DoorLoop! For more specific instructions on how that applies to payments, definitely reach out to our support via chat, email, or phone. Customizability is super important to us, so we will pass your suggestion along to our dev team and add it to our roadmap. Thank you again!

Barbara
Leasing Manager in US
Commercial Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

Multiple features promising time management, too many to implement at once. Piecemeal learning.

Comments: The learning curve of what the software does, manages, tracks & reports on has been long for me. If I saw an overview from an unfamiliar outsider standpoint to a fully functional software solution to property management issues, it would have been a game changer for my learning curve. My learning took longer because I didn't know where each piece fit in to managing a property. I never felt I knew where I was in the process of beginning to end what the software does. The videos should be "Teach me to use" not just "show how to enter"

Pros:

The tech support chat feature has been a wonderful help! During business hours, there is a live person to answer my questions as specific or as general as I need. They've been knowledgable and easy to communicate with. I love that I can freely make suggestions to improve the software and they are open to receiving my input. It has definitely been my favorite part of using the software!

Cons:

Some of my suggestions have been to improve the onboarding tutorial articles & videos. The nature of a tutorial is to assume the audience has no idea what you're doing or why. But many times I didn't see the 'big picture' before the minute detail of entering data, so I don't understand the "why" before the "do". As a newcomer, I did not see the data being used after it was inputted, so I didn't understand how & where it showed up in practice. (Running reports, sorting by property, searching for a work order, solving an accounting issue, etc) I would like to see each tutorial article made into a video. Each video should define what the terms mean in each module & show where they show up and how each can be used, sorted, searched, and why one would need to do so. So an Intro and Summary should be added to each video/article to show how it fits into property management usage. Each video should be feature focused so that the How-To is bringing us to Using a Feature. I'd like to see "example problem" videos that show how to navigate the software to find the solution. Another aspect is that some modules require multiple clicks to "drill down" into the part that needs to be edited, creating a deeper learning curve, but I guess when the software manages so many details, it needs to be parsed into sections. This product does not work well unless it is the sole method for managing the properties. For example, entering manual payments & deposits is cumbersome!

Karson
CEO in US

DoorLoop is a Game-Changer

Pros:

At Victor Management, we've been using DoorLoop, and it has truly simplified our property management processes. DoorLoop makes it easy for our tenants to pay rent, access statements, make work requests, and engage in mass communications. These features align perfectly with the diverse property portfolio we manage, including short-term rentals, multi-family units, and commercial/retail/office spaces. DoorLoop has become an integral part of our operations, and we highly recommend it to anyone in the property management business. It's been a great addition to our toolkit.

Cons:

The features I believe that are missing are the ability to have to bank accounts connected to a property:- One for rents- One for escrow funds

Susie
CEO in US
Executive Office, Self Employed

Great software for property management

Comments: Overall, I am very happy with the software and I am currently working to master it to make the most of all the features it offers. Great, easy to navigate platform, and the reporting features are similar to more expensive similar software I have used in the past. I wish it was integrated with the PetScreening platform.

Pros:

I appreciate the corresponding "Need Help" information buttons for whatever task you are attempting in the software. It is a very user friendly platform, with a central "Create New" button to lead you to any task needed to be performed. I went with this company because of the owner and tenant portal options. The accounting features, and "application to tenant" process are very simplified and time saving. Amazing reporting and maintenance features.

Cons:

My cons would be that the accounting is property related accounting, and if you need to account for monies such as interest and opening bank deposit you have to create a "dummy property" to account for that money. It took awhile to get the online payment portion set-up and the starting limits on amount of money allowed to be collected online for rent was too low and took extra work to "ask" for it to be raised, and until the limit was adjusted my tenant could not pay through the tenant portal. The cost to send documents through the software to be signed such as a lease are charged per transaction, and seems high to me, but you can also upload a signed lease so you don't have to use it. The tenants are also charged a ACH fee.

Sarah
Head Property Manager in US

Great features and amazing customer service 90 percent of the time

Comments: I recommend everyone start off using door loop for a new fiscal year. If you start in the middle of the year your work will be 10 times as hard setting up. Customer service is amazing and the reps are very informative. I love that I can get help with any question in the matter of minutes. It accurately tracks all of our shopping plaza and storage unit tenants and takes out most of the work. Do verify all of the lease information entered by DoorLoop for you in the initial set up as I found a few tenants were missing information or listed as being charged the incorrect rent. Fixing it was super easy but just a warning. I would definitely give it a try as they are constantly updating and adding things users suggest and I suspect this product will only get better with time.

Pros:

After setting up your account the software itself is user friendly. It takes a few weeks to get used to everything but customer service reps are extremely helpful and patient in helping you throughout the process.

Cons:

Some customer service reps do not read your questions thoroughly and will send you help suggestions that you have stated to them you already tried. Others are amazing and extremely helpful so I would say 9 out of 10 customer service reps are amazing. I wish there was more accounting based webinars/ help articles going into common problems and scenarios. I also really wish they allowed for you to pay for your doorloop subscription via a bank account instead of Credit Card only.