15 years helping Irish businesses

About Zoho Creator

Zoho Creator is an online portal software used across industries ranging from small to enterprise by bringing the power to your custome

Learn more about Zoho Creator

Pros:

I liked how Zoho Creator is simple to use and has an intuitive drag-and-drop interface. It also includes a plethora of features that allow for the rapid development of complex applications.

Cons:

Not to functional unless you pay for the additionals.

Zoho Creator ratings

4.1
4.0
4.3
4.3

8.1/10

Zoho Creator has an overall rating of 4.3 out 5 stars based on 154 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Zoho Creator before?

José
José
IM Manager in Dominican Republic
Oil & Energy, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Amazing tool for database creation and application

Comments: The amazing thing about creating applications, rules, and approval flow. The ease of creating tables with its different types of data, the ease of easy or complex calculations. The resources of the mobile application to be able to use it from anywhere.

Pros:

What I like most about this application is the ease and resources available so that the user with less experience in application development can intuitively generate an application that meets the needs of the moment.

Cons:

So far everything is adjusted to the required needs.

President in US
Publishing, 11–50 Employees

Extremely Versatile - Perhaps Too Versatile.

Comments: All in all, I would rate my experience as a 9 out of 10. Building basis databases and creating reports is very straightforward and by and large you can do a lot of things with their drag-and-drop interface quite easily. I do admit to not being very impressed with their support, and occasionally we've had issues with server uptime, but their pricing is fair and the tool is powerful. In spite of the shortcomings I have expressed, I still wouldn't hesitate to deploy Zoho again in another enterprise. It continues to drive our daily production schedule with hundreds of projects simultaneously in motion.

Pros:

I ran a web development firm for nearly 20 years prior to moving into a different industry, so I knew the power of databases and the importance of them in day to day processes. Moving in to a startup with zero infrastructure, one of my first tasks was to get a production database going. We struggled along for awhile passing Excel spreadsheets back and forth for a few months and quickly outgrew that. I did not want to create a web app from scratch with mySQL. We didn't have the developers, time, or budget to do that. So, I started looking around for a tool that would let me do what I needed to do. Zoho Creator was a perfect match. To be honest, there's not much you can't do with this tool. It will probably handle 90% of what most mid-sized businesses need. It's totally customizable, and their Deluge programming language lets you do special things that most basic web-based drag-and-drop solutions wouldn't be able to handle. To be honest, Zoho is almost too powerful. It fits our needs and we've barely scratched the surface of its abilities.

Cons:

The documentation for Zoho Creator is fair, but if you can't get your questions answered through their knowledge base, finding an expert isn't easy. Their support email is not too helpful. And while they do have a database of experienced Deluge developers that you can call on, it seems a little cumbersome to have to bring in a third party. Also, there are a couple of different versions of Zoho Creator currently in deployment. So, depending on which version your account is on, the documentation might differ - the features certainly do differ. It's a very very powerful product, but because it is a closed-source, proprietary solution, you're somewhat at the mercy of Zoho to get answers to your programming questions.

Phill
Phill
New Zealand
Food Production

Security flaw within Zoho Creator

Pros:

I've been using this app for a couple of years and a lot of my business is based around it. I would usually rave about how good it is

Cons:

I have a data security issue with the app. The product claims that your user data is protected, but there is a flaw with the way the dropdown menu data is shared. Lets say you enter some data in one sheet, and want to use this data in another sheet via a dropdown menu. Not only is your data shown, but so is everyone else. This cannot be fixed by profiles / roles / filters etc. I am on the unlimited users plan and this is a serious flaw in the system for me. I have been unable to further develop my app for a month or so and take it to the next level for my business. I have communicated this with Zoho and they have acknowledged the issue and told me a developer can fix the problem. I have paid one of their certified developers to fix this for me - but he just took my money and hasn't been in touch for a month or so. I have made a formal complaint to Zoho about him, but he is still listed on their website as a certified and recommended developer. I have asked numerous times for help and have got no where. I am now just being passed from one unknown support person to the next. I am absolutely fed up. It seems that this issue could be solved in an hour or so, but I have now probably spent over 12 hours of my own time on it and still don't have a solution.

Zach
Music Teacher/ Business Owner in US
Music, Self Employed

Happy User

Comments: Tracking billing, services, expenses, and clients in one place has made zoho my one stop shop. Great customer service whenever I need it.

Pros:

It is what you put into it. I'm happy with mobile access through the web and endless customization abilities.

Cons:

Some time so many customizable options can be overwhelming. It's clean, but if you aren't in it regularly and they make a big backend design change... you may get lost really easy.

Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Powerful and easy to use creator solution at a reasonable cost.

Comments: We use the software to keep track of computer assets from an app created in Zoho Creator and like the rest of their solutions was easy to use and powerful. Support is also excellent and responses are quick despite the time differences.

Pros:

You can quickly and easily make a powerful app or database that you can use across desktops, tablets and mobiles. There are a lot of templates to start with or you can make your own without too much of a learning curve.

Cons:

A lot of the template wizards are aimed at solutions for the States and need a lot of changing around if in the UK.

Natalie
managing director in UK
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 2–10 Employees

Just what we needed!!

Comments: A cost-effective way of designing your own CRM, great for non-profits who need to store specific information relating to their service users.

Pros:

We had been looking for a CRM to meet out needs for a long time, trial and many errors left us frustrated and with limited funds, we didn't have the money to have one designed for us. We then met Zoho Creator...WOW! we were able to make our own customised CRM that is exactly how we want it, using forms and subforums. Affordable subscription, ability to make any changes to the layout and always the option to upgrade or add moe users.

Cons:

It took us a while to get to grips with the layouts and moving around fields but once we checked the tutorials we were well away.

Christian
Demo Representative in US
Veterinary, 201–500 Employees

A Helpful Tool for Short Reports & Info Sharing

Comments: In general the app is a quick and easy way to submit and share data reports - especially for companies with remote employees who need to share customer and sales data in a timely fashion.

Pros:

I like that the Zoho Creator is pretty flexible and can be customized to meet the needs of any company. For us, we use this app to allow remote employees working events in retail locations to submit customer and sales data in real time through the app.

Cons:

The app could use a bit more of a cosmetic face lift as right now it is somewhat bland. The app is simple enough to use but can be more engaging for the user if the layout is improved.

Consultant in UK

Zoho Creator - Rapid App Development

Comments: Mostly this has been used for prototyping and proof of concept for larger projects that end up being developed on other platforms. It's great value for what you get. If you are using other elements of the Zoho suite there are good integrations and Creator would be great for adding functionality for the likes of first-line workers in the organisation.

Pros:

Zoho Creator is an application development tool sold as a stand-alone SaaS product or as part of the Zoho One Suite. Zoho Creator is a quick way to create applications without writing code. You can create forms, reports, pages and workflows largely through a drag-and-drop interface. There is a custom scripting language available for more complex requirements, but most users will be sticking to the no-code features. This is a good solution for collecting data on web forms and presenting it in meaningful reports. Completed apps can be embedded on websites or made available to users within or external to the organisation. Apps created are responsive and designed to display well on desktop, tablet or smartphone. Typical use cases are collecting data for surveys, tests and managing assets. With a bit of practice, you can create functional apps with triggers for email notifications and the like. Zoho Creator can be a good tool for agile teams to use for proof of concept for larger projects that may be developed further on other platforms.

Cons:

Could be dangerous in the wrong hands - ease of use is a double-edged sword. You'll still want to retain control of these kinds of tools; it's easy for enthusiastic amateurs to get carried away!

Consultant in US

Powerful App Builder for Non-Programmers

Comments: We have used Zoho Creator for both internal and public facing apps. It is probably the quickest way to get data collection forms on a web page. Power users can make use of Zoho Creator for simple data collection and reporting apps that need more than a spreadsheet but don't warrant the involvement of the development team. Great value, especially when included as part of the Zoho One bundle. Good solution for the right business applications.

Pros:

While there is a bit of a learning curve, Zoho Creator can be used by non-programmers to create quite sophisticated applications using a drag and drop form builder and report builder. There is also a scripting language for more sophisticated requirements, but many simple apps can be created with no coding at all. Customer support is generally good and responsive. If you are already familiar with other Zoho products (CRM, Survey, Forms etc.) you should be able to get productive right away.

Cons:

Can be tricky to brand exactly as you might like; lots of settings and interface isn't as intuitive as it could be. You'll likely want some oversight from the development team for anything that will be public facing, but that would be the case for any app in the wild.

Gabriela
Gabriela
Support enginner in Peru
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Building applications without code.

Comments: It has helped me to make tests or design paths of applications at a surprising speed, it is suitable for all types of developers: from a junior to a senior.

Pros:

Its most outstanding functionality is the possibility of creating applications without the need to know programming through codes, thus streamlining processes and adapting to the needs of each company.

Cons:

It is a good application but it has difficulties in the construction of complex software, besides the security measures required may not be those given by Zoho.

Managing Director in UK
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Poor Upgrade Support

Comments: I like the platform and with the help of Zoho developers (freelancers), they can make it really cool and awesome. But the sales department is no good. I have had a Creator account for 5 years. I decided to upgrade to professional afterwards and they have limited me to 5 Apps, when the professional account is unlimited Apps. Every month they take the full professional debit from my account, but won't give me unlimited Apps. When I asked, they told me is is because I was using the old platform. Someone will get in touch with me. It has been over a month and nobody has got back to me. But they made sure they took their money from me last week.....

Pros:

It has flexibility and if you know what you are doing and have experience in writing scripts and understanding the logics, it is good.

Cons:

The support for sales is not good. Technical support is. The platform is also not for newbies. You literally need to know about writing certain strings of code and what they entail. It is not as straight forward as out of the box

Renewables & Environment, 2–10 Employees

With Zoho Creator Seriously Anything Is Possible

Comments: Awesome, I love Zoho Creator. We use it for many different parts of our business to complement what we accomplish with Zoho CRM. It can house a ton of data and the UI is nice and easy to navigate. Forms from Creator can easily be integrated with other Zoho apps to make Zoho Creator even more powerful!

Pros:

If you can think up an app, or a business workflow, or a business data scenario, or seriously anything, Zoho Creator can handle it. They have pre-built apps which can be modified to suit your business app needs, or you can build apps from scratch. Basic apps with basic workflow or notifications can be set up in minutes. Creator integrates nicely with other Zoho apps (for Zoho One users) like Zoho CRM and Zoho Books.

Cons:

The scripting language Zoho Creator uses is called DELUGE. It is the powerful engine behind what seriously makes anything possible with Zoho Creator. For most users that have no coding background it this can provide limits as DELGUGE can be difficult to learn.

Paul
Service Provider Manager in US
Management Consulting, 501–1,000 Employees

Great software. If you need customization, you need to try it.

Comments: Was less costly than our previous software solution with more customization as long as we were willing and able to learn how to use Zoho to its full potential.

Pros:

The software is easy to pick up and build simple applications or customize pre-made application to suit your needs. But also you can build some complex applications, don't be fooled. We use the software daily in a large corporate environment for various tasks such as a sales lead contact directory by modifying a pre-made application and also we built a ground-up application for a service ticketing system/workflow management.

Cons:

What could use improving is the documentation for the more complex functions when building an application. There is lots of help, but sometimes for the more complex tasks I am doing it may take a few days to find what I need. But I will say that there is much more documentation and also help videos than in the past.

Tyagarajan
Board Member in India
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 51–200 Employees

Create your own apps

Comments: It has a low learning curve and low code capabilities are outstanding. The built-in templates are quite easy to use and gets you going quickly to hit the road running

Pros:

Low code, easy to shift manual processes to apps using creator, short dev cycle, easy to publish on iOS and Android. Drag and drop and deluge scripting language. Choose from a number of pre built applications and just tweak them to suit your needs.

Cons:

For complex data manipulation the need to use deluge scripting can be a bummer. Though not difficult to learn, it may be a hurdle for ppl Needing a no code platform.

Kartheeban
CEO in India
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 2–10 Employees

Simply the best in the market. You can build 90% of all internal apps using Zoho Creator

Comments: We were able to scale quickly because of Zoho Creator.

Pros:

1. Simple drag and drop feature. 2. Less code. If you are a first timer, You can build an app just by exploring the platform for 15 mins 3. Takes less than 10 mins to build an app. 4. Complex apps too can be built on this platform. 5. Very user-friendly

Cons:

1. I do not see much fault with this. 2. When requirements get tricky, you need a person who is good at logical thinking and problem solving to handle those requirements.

Jose Miguel
Owner in Chile

Data management made easy

Comments: For us, Zoho Creator was the solution for data management, and easy-to-use database handling and form creation. To that, you add various integrations and you get a great way to handle and use your data in different ways.

Pros:

I have used Zoho creator for more than four years, so I have witnessed many changes and implementation of new features, and that's is one of the things I love about Zoho Creator, how they modernize the product and improve it year after year. In our case, we use Zoho Creator for data management and some integrations and, for us, it is an excellent and easy-to-use solution.

Cons:

Despite being, in general, an easy-to-use tool, the advanced options are not easy to master, and the documentation is not the best.

Samuel
IT manager in Kenya
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

How to customize like apro!

Pros:

It has CustomizationEase to useInexpensive

Cons:

It is limited Can't print duplicate records

Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Perfect for internal apps, to complete workflows - not much code required to get started

Comments: It solves some very specific tasks we have internally such as case reporting, profit analysis, purchase order workflow.

Pros:

We can develop applications to satisfy some specific requirements internally. Most of the applications can be developed using drag and drop, and some simple code.

Cons:

It is still limited to what can be done on the page, numerous improvements are needed such as picking objects or variables from lists - just not there, so you end up having to note them down.

Jordan
CEO in US
E-Learning, Self Employed

Very handy software (if you are already using Zoho One)

Pros:

They make it extremely easy to build custom applications that can support your business operations. Everything is drag and drop, and integrates with various automations platforms (Zapier, Zoho Flow, Integromat)

Cons:

The support documentation isn't always very clear, and there are some core functionalities that are missing that should be easy to add (i.e. providing a direct URL link to a record).

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 2–10 Employees

Decreases Product Time-to-Market

Pros:

- Low/No-Code Application Development - Easily and quickly build applications to match internal use-case of client specifications - Identify issues quicker and make faster changes to rules or form layouts

Cons:

- You become highly dependent on the subscription of Zoho Creator. - Scaling (internal users or customers) with Zoho Creator can prove to be very costly.

Decent application builder if you're working with ZohoCRM

Pros:

Integration with ZohoCRM is simple with Creator. Features are decent but I would suggest that you look into whether Creator meets your specific business needs as the templated solutions may not fit.

Cons:

Exclusive use of Zoho's deluge language makes any troubleshooting a bit of a challenge since support is not 24/7. If Creator used a standard programming language, we could ask questions through stackoverflow or the general public who knows that language.

Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Awesome field app with no internal mobile team.

Comments: Awesome, we are not planning to replace Zoho soon.

Pros:

The ability to send and consume data to and from zoho creator via API was awesome in integrating to to our internal products.

Cons:

The limited features working offline or in patchy network areas was a huge problem.

Kristen
CEO in US

Versatile and dynamic software

Pros:

I like that it's very easy for someone like me to create my own database. I was also able to embed the form into my website and receive automated email notifications every time a client or service provider submitted a new request or their details. All for a reasonable price.

Cons:

There are some components of the software that are too technical and complicated for even me to understand, so they go unused.

Steve
CEO in New Zealand
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

The BEST Online database development platform bar none...

Comments: We built solutions in days (NOT MONTHS) and had staff working on custom solutions in no time at all. The support is excellent and you can build a database for nearly anything you can think of in no time. Wow Wow Wow

Pros:

Easy drag and drop form and table creator Extensive reporting Works on Web and Native apps Very affordable

Cons:

Interface was a bit older looking but they have just upgraded that...

Esteve
Intern at administration in Spain

Well thought

Comments: Zoho Creator has helped us to improve our efficiency at work thanks to the advantages of having a personalized app.

Pros:

The main function allows you to build apps to manage your different business processes. This is a very useful tool that, when well managed, can make your life much easier than you think. We were really surprised with the results. We can add/change various fields with just draging and dropping things on the interface. when things get too rough, we make use of a professional. You can export to Excel and do analytics. Also, the integration with other Zoho apps is, as always, very useful and well designed.

Cons:

There are some limitations that can be a little bit bothering, but not a great deal. Also, the mobile app needs to be improved.