15 years helping Irish businesses

About Sibme

Sibme is an online web and mobile learning and engagement platform to improve professional skills at scale.

Learn more about Sibme

Pros:

I also like the versatility of the software. It is packaged as a video learning tool for Teachers, but I am also using it for Budgeting, Project Management, and Personal Development tracking.

Cons:

The backup feature works too slowly. There should be some way to zoom in on the scrub bar or some other way to address the problem of overcrowding when there are a lot of comments on a video.

Sibme ratings

4.4
4.7
4.5
4.5

8.4/10

Sibme has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 204 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Sibme before?

Education Management, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Works well with struggling teachers

Pros:

This software works well when trying to develop struggling teachers. It allows you to give them feedback from actual lessons with the chance for them to see themselves. True growth can occur when used correctly.

Cons:

Its a little hard to configure in the beginning but smooth after you play with it for a while...

Patrick
Director of Teacher Induction and Development North Carolina New Teacher Support Program in US
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

Ease of implementation - multiple industry uses

Comments: We have been thoroughly pleased with the product and would recommend to others in higher ed or responsible for supporting early career teachers.

Pros:

Very intuitive user interface, security/mobility of content, multiple uses to support interaction between small groups of educators or to support large conference-style events, efficiencies built into product and customizable by responsive development team.

Cons:

Communication from within the system to end users can be excessive - ability to opt out of messages is a feature but less prominent in the user interface. Some analytics of interest are not yet available, but responsiveness of development team speaks to SIBME's ability to be adaptive.

Kyler
Sr Associate, Core Model Operations in US

Strong Mission and Responsive Staff, but Glitchy Product

Comments: It's a promising platform that has helped us unlock sharing potential in our organization. However, it feels on shaky technological ground for the ways our team uses it. As the administration liaison, I spend too much time putting out small fires and trying to understand what is a Sibme issue versus something a team member is doing wrong.

Pros:

The core features are usually solid and intuitive to new users - adding team members, uploading and commenting on videos. As an education leadership coaching organization with over 50 coaches, we have used Sibme to help our coaches re-watch and improve upon their own practices by letting development conversations be grounded in real examples of their work. Plus, other non-coaching staff now have an easy window into coaching without pestering coaches! In our COVID virtual coaching environment, grounding org learning in video sharing was invaluable. It saves everyone time and the collaboration features to enhance this org learning (commenting, sharing, tagging pre-set categories) are easy to use.

Cons:

Though the core service is solid, I encounter tech glitches and question marks at a frustratingly high rate. It's small things - user permission mismatch across pages, confusing naming conventions (the account wide "Admin-User-Viewer" and Huddle-level "Admin-Member-Viewer" have very similar names but different meanings, which is confusing), audio issues for uploads, and several areas of confusion or disconnect in the new Zoom-Sibme "Conference" integration. This latter piece would have been excellent to use in the COVID virtual coaching environment, but was troublesome enough that our team never meaningfully used the integration. More robust and coherent help guides on the Zoom-Sibme integration (with video!) would be a good start. Our customer service manager is very responsive and solutions-oriented and I'm grateful for her! But technical solutions seem slow and often incomplete.

Rebecca
Associate Professor in US
Higher Education, 201–500 Employees

Cal U Review

Comments: I love Sibme. It has made my work more seamless, provided more options for coaching teacher candidates, and allowed me to continue to do my job efficiently when I wouldn't be able to otherwise (e.g., video-coach during the pandemic when schools weren't allowing visitors). It has allowed me and my colleagues to develop new assignments in my courses, particularly peer-observation. It has also made a once excruciating assignment (video-recording yourself teaching) an acceptable and desirable task. Moreover, the customer service is wonderful! [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] have been so helpful, and I appreciate that they keep me on my toes with check-ins. I also appreciate all of the Learning Center material.

Pros:

Sibme as alot of great features that are useful for my work with teachers candidates. It's particularly impactful in supporting teacher candidate growth through the video-recording and time-stamped feedback. It's also useful for the supervisor to document strengths and needs for the candidates. I particularly like that I can attached my feedback to our clinical practice tool that I entered into the platform. Also, I like the different options it provides for observations (live, scripted notes, video-recording). Moreover, Sibme is always coming out with features that are helpful to my work. For example, I'm excited to learn more about the Goals feature. We require our candidates to develop a professional growth plan based on goals that they have been working on, and the Goals feature is a tool that I believe could support that task.

Cons:

I'd like to be able to obtain more data analytics on teacher candidate performance based on my inputs. For example, being able to look at the data for cohorts of teachers rather than just individuals. Overall, I feel like I'm still learning about the software, so I may not be using the data analytics to its full extent.

Maria
Director of Clinical Experiences in US
Higher Education, 501–1,000 Employees

Accessible to all user abilities

Comments: I was first drawn to use the Sibme platform because of the accessibility and friendliness of our Sibme contacts. During the training sessions we became more convinced that this was the correct product for our student teachers’ observations. It proved to be even more worthwhile than we could have imagined. We were able to incorporate our own observation rubrics and customize the platform to work best for our programs. The student teachers find it very easy to use and even our veteran mentors quickly caught on to how the platform operates. The Sibme platform provided our university and entrée into remote observations even prior to the current pandemic.

Pros:

We have a variety of users from very technology challenged to technology is second nature. With a combination of strong training from Sibme and a good product and customer service all of our users were able to quickly access the platform to support student teachers.

Cons:

Since this product was originally created for Lowe usage in elementary and secondary school systems, our much higher usage for university mentors and student teachers has had a few technology glitches - some user error. However, every problem was immediately taken care of and corrected by Sibme customer Service.

Deonna
Regional Administrator in US
Education Management, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Sibme- A coaches' godsend

Comments: Teacher Observation
Time and Location Concerns
Sharing observation with peers

Pros:

I really like that sibme allowed to be in 2 places at once. With multiple teachers to observe, some times I would want to be in one classroom at a specific time that was already allocated to observe another teacher. I could record the additional classroom, watch it later and even write in my feedback at specific moments in the video. It helped me to prepare for my coaching sessions, then I could share it with the teacher, have them view the video before we met, and really be able to get to the practice portion of our coaching session. Sibme was really cool. I could also video my coaching session and share it with my manager, so that I could get feedback on my feedback. In Education, we get pulled in many different directions. Sibme allowed me to anchor my feedback on observable data and push my teachers to a hire level.

Cons:

I remember that some other coaches had difficulty transfering video due to space issues on their devices and naming the videos was could be awkward. Especially after a day or 2, when you would go back, it sometimes took a few minutes to find your videos.

Anique
Education Specialist in US
Primary/Secondary Education, 10,000+ Employees

Clinical Practice Usage

Comments: I think this platform is excellent for clinical practice student teaching and an inductiom program.

Pros:

SIBME is very easy to use and the application is user friendly. I love the ease of uploading my videos whether it's recordings from my phone, ipad/tablet or laptop, and share and/or transfer files. I do not use up any data on my personal devices for uploading videos to the SIBME app. This is a big plus for me because I can record a video that's longer than 45 mins AND the quality of my video is not compromised. SIBME offers a variety of ways to store your work in case you run out of data space you're allotted but the data space is already very large to begin with so this is the least of your worries. SIBME is an efficient means for working on a collaborative assignment and users can provide and receive instant feedback. Excellent!! My professor can provide specific feedback at time markers on the video so I don't have to spend time scrolling through my video to find exactly what he/she was referencing. I also love the privacy feature where I can belong to a cohort, but only my coach can see the work I've shared with her and provide feedback only to me.

Cons:

Initially, it was a little difficult navigating the system as this learning platform was new to me. However, my university provided step by step protocols of how I should document and share files that is unique to their expectations and I was able to move forward from there.

Janet
Professor in US
Higher Education, 11–50 Employees

Excellent choice for our needs

Pros:

Sibme is easy to use and works very well for our needs. We have a constant flow of new users into our trainings, so need a platform that is intuitive such that people can get going quickly. Our work is not typical among Sibme users, so we have uncovered some bugs. Technical support from Sibme has been very good at addressing these.

Cons:

Data exporting functionality is not that great. Additionally, there should be a 10 second backup/10 second forward option on the scrub bar. The backup feature works too slowly.There should be some way to zoom in on the scrub bar or some other way to address the problem of overcrowding when there are a lot of comments on a video.

Viveca
Director of Certification/Associate Professor in US
Higher Education, 51–200 Employees

Great Tool!

Comments: The added value from Sibme to our Educator Preparation of our Teacher Candidates.

Pros:

Sibme has been extremely helpful in preparing our Teacher Candidates for the classroom. It was very easy to implement and give constructive feedback to our Teacher Candidates. It was so valuable during COVID which no one could have imagined. We were so excited that we had Sibme in place prior to COVID. The support from Sibme is excellent, professional, the leader and staff are always willing to support with any questions we may have.

Cons:

I do not have anything negative to say as it relates to Sibme.

Education Management, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Cool product, but difficult to use

Pros:

You can have multiple places to share -one with your manager -one with your team -one with your network etc It's convenient to have a shared platform across the board.

Cons:

It's not very intuitive. You have to upload more than once. For many folks, it was difficult to use, so I was often explaining it. This con greatly outweighed the Pros for me because our staff couldn't use it effectively. If it was more user-friendly, I would love it!

Michelle
Program Manager in US
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 51–200 Employees

Must Have!

Comments: Overall, I am pleased with the product. If support is needed then the Sibme team is there.

Pros:

I love that the software has all of the "bells and whistles" that support my role as a coach to pre-k educators. The program is reasonably priced and the customer service team is dynamic! I look forward to becoming more familiar with the software and onboarding my teaching teams.

Cons:

The system is a bit complex and it would be great if there were information icons above some of the features to guide or provide information about the feature. The zoom integration feature has been a challenge to adjust to and is a bit complicated to use. The software may be a bit challenging for those who are not as tech savvy so time will need to be taken during setup and onboarding of teachers and teams. More tutorial videos on YouTube with concrete exampled of how to set up the system would be helpful.

Jim
Assistant to the Dean in US
Higher Education, 501–1,000 Employees

Timely Solution

Pros:

The Sibme platform has allowed our university to quickly adapt to restrictions placed on teacher education programs due to the pandemic. Being able to observe virtually and provide effective feedback remotely has been essential in keeping our teacher education program at a high level. We expect to continue to use the platform once we are past the pandemic as it offers an effective way to coach field students and student teachers that the traditional supervision model does not allow.

Cons:

The software has not been difficult to use. Not all schools permit video in the classroom setting and that has been the only roadblock.

Allyson
Instructional Coach in US

Collaborative Space for Teacher Teams

Comments: I have been very pleased with our overall experience. Sibme is extremely responsive to our needs as an organization and we appreciate the just in time resources and support.

Pros:

Sibme makes collaboration easy and puts everything needed as an instructional coach in one place. The platform (both on the desktop and app version) streamlines the reflective process needed to build the instructor - coach relationship.

Cons:

Some users have reported it takes longer to upload on certain devices, but this can be dependent on internet speed. Uploading videos in shorter chunks helps alleviate this issue.

Troy
Program Specialist in US
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

Meaningful Collaboration

Comments: Sibme provides exceptional support that continues through the onboarding process and well beyond!

Pros:

Simbe provides a simple to use interface / app combination that allows users not to get lost in the technology while focusing on their instructional practice. This tool allows us to use video based recording of teacher candidates in their classroom as an instructional coaching platform. There are several features which we have not yet implemented, such as tying observational feedback to standards of practice. But, what is so amazing is that Sibme provides incredible base functionality from day one. Certainly, you can invest more time in developing the tool to be more comprehensive to meet your specific needs.

Cons:

There are no cons to this tool. Sibme continues to expand functionality and improve.

Katie
Manager, Teacher Leadership Coach in US
Education Management, 201–500 Employees

Perfect for Teachers to Lead their own reflections

Pros:

The best thing about this is where the videos are stored and how user friendly the platform is. The customer support is very easily accessible. I loved that teachers could record and reflect on their own teaching with tags using a rubric. It was awesome to be able to "see" lessons that were simultaneously happening. In traditional observation formats, you can only "see" one at a time.

Cons:

I needed to learn more about how to best utilize it with virtual/distance learning in conjunction with zoom. Maybe this technology exists but it would be great to create a video library for students to access in order to review lessons and/or watch those they missed. It could also help students learn from other teachers who teach the same subject but are not their official teacher for re-looping purposes.

Megan
professor in US
E-Learning, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Sibme was a lifesaver

Comments: Excellent and customer service was outstanding for me

Pros:

Time stamp feature and ability to upload other files

Cons:

Students using Macbooks had difficulty uploading videos Suggestions would be: 1. to be able to have a picture in picture opening an attachment while watching a video 2. Better intro and details for student when they being using the program on how to upload videos and use it 3. an email sent to me when a student sent me an email so I know

Dave
Curriculum director in US
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

Great tool for coaching and mentoring

Pros:

The Sibme platform provides an easy to use tool for teachers to self-reflect on their practice and to share their practice with others to gain feedback. It provides an invaluable tool to allow an instructional coach or mentor to observe a teachers classroom without having to be physically present. It also provides an easy platform to provide constructive feedback to the teacher and create a virtual dialogue with the comment tools.

Cons:

There really are very few cons to the platform. The only thing we encountered was a glitch in the Google integration with logging into the Sibme account.

Sydney
Student teacher in US
E-Learning, 10,000+ Employees

Easy to use

Pros:

It was for the most part easy to use. I was able to access all that I needed and the add comment feature was helpful.

Cons:

The upload time took longer than expected. Minutes or hours depending on the length of video.

Alex
Director of Educational & Information Technology in US
Education Management, 201–500 Employees

Professional Development for Teaching Practice

Comments: We have worked with the Sibme team on other ways to use the platform as a PD tool, including running workshops and conferences, and they are constantly striving to push the tool in the right direction. They are very helpful and very detailed in their work.

Pros:

I appreciate the ease of use of making comments on live video, and the manner in which you can add a rubric for pointing out specific behaviors. This is what makes this much more than a video viewing and storage platform. These annotations give teachers and administrators a way to observe, comment, and improve teaching practice without directly affecting the lesson, as well as providing exact examples of moments of success and improvement.

Cons:

I would like a smoother interface/explanation between huddles and workspaces, as well as the ability to link into more video conferencing software so that virtual lessons are easier to capture directly instead of habing to upload.

Monica
Education Manager in US

Sibme is amazing!

Pros:

The ease of use is our top reason to love Sibme. We appreciate all the features that coaches can access like rubrics, goal setting, time-stamped comments on video and more! This has been one of our best purchases for coaching ever. It is also ideal in the time of COVID- allowing coaches and teachers the ability to share what is happening in their classrooms and still get feedback on their instructional practices even when we are unable to be physically in the classroom.

Cons:

No concerns at this time. We have found that all the features we would want are already part of the package.

Kari
Teacher in US
Higher Education, 51–200 Employees

Amazing resource

Comments: I am very pleased. I used it lots last year, due to COVID, I have used it less this year.

Pros:

As a teacher, I am pulled in so many directions. It is hard to see everything that is going on. By looking at my lessons, I can see what students are doing. I can notice who may be struggling, who is on the ball, and what may be distracting students. I can also notice things I do or don't do so that I can improve myself for future lessons.

Cons:

Sometimes it has trouble loading and I have to wait or miss a recording of a lesson.

Keri
Professional Learning Teacher Consultant in US

Amazing Customer Support

Pros:

Sibme has made it easy to record, review, reflect, tag, and collaborate on videos of classroom instruction. The app makes uploading, sharing, and getting feedback on videos quick and easy while being FERPA compliant. The customer support and service has been amazing with questions being addressed within minutes. Additionally, the support team takes suggestions and ideas from customers to the development team for improvements to their product.

Cons:

Sibme has an option to connect other resources into huddles and goals - but the process is not super user-friendly for connecting resources held within Google apps. They have made some changes to increase ease of use, so hoping more changes in this area are coming.

barbara
university Supervisor in US
Education Management, 10,000+ Employees

Seeing is Believing

Comments: This has been great, especially during the pandemic.

Pros:

I like being able to observe my student teaching in their classrooms or online. I like that I can rewind and review plus comment on the teaching I am observing.

Cons:

I would like to be able to type my comments while the video is running.

Karen
Adjunct Professor in US
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

Effective and User-friendly program

Pros:

Ease of use; highly intuitive platform that provides opportunity for meaningful evaluation of student teacher proficiency levels

Cons:

I miss the accumulative data presentation

Toshila
Principal in US

Amazing

Pros:

The ability to use Sibme in the classroom for teacher self-reflection and growth.

Cons:

I really like the product, I can't think of anything that I dislike about Sibme.