• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.5 /5
    4.3 /5

About Trello

A visual collaboration tool that creates a shared perspective for your team on any project in a fun, flexible, and rewarding way.

Learn more about Trello

Showing 25 reviews of 18,261

Suzan M.
Owner / MD
  • Reviewed on 5/12/2020

"Online project management system that changed the way we work"

Comments: I had been managing my web and graphic design studio jobs just with excel - I had not found any software that did not seem too cumbersome and admin heavy. The checklist functionality and all possibilities then changed the way we work to this day.

Pros: The easy to use visible overview, the checklist and creating templates for the team to use over and over. Long before the template functionality was added we used it already and just gave it a label.
The simplicity yet versatility makes it so adaptable.

Cons: The free version is getting more and more restricted in use. The biggest blow was the teams that suddenly went from unlimited to 10. We are a small company in a third world country, working and training a lot of apprentices, so the fee per person was simply far too much. There are a lot of boards I have archived that I cannot access anymore because the team size won't allow it. I may need to restructure it all, but for now It's just annoying.

• Reviewed on 5/12/2020
Senior Producer
Computer Games
  • Reviewed on 10/7/2018

"Great for the basics, but struggles with anything more."

Comments: It helps us with quick organisational tasks, and seeing ideas laid out infront of us does help with productivity. But sometimes Trello just isn't powerful enough for actual task management and tracking, and this is a chore having to move your cards into another system all the time. It should have a pro-level tier for people who want more control over their management of the boards.

Pros: Trello is great, it's simple to use, and has loads of clever UX devices that make tracking and updating tasks a joy. We use it quite often within our organisation whenever something needs "organising fast" - we're not expecting to track the progress of the entire project through Trello, but the occasional breakout. We've most often used Trello to round up our "ideas" phase, and then moved onto a more complex project management tool after that. The interface is simple, the free level is "about right" and there are just enough features for you to get going quickly. Trello is great for quick organisational tasks, that need to be presented in a visual way, or they are good for information sharing (literally a pin-board of ideas works well) - and has reduced the need for post-it-notes everywhere in the office.

Cons: There comes a point in every Trello boards life when the user will go "ok, now it's time to move this all away from Trello" Task management is .. laborious at best, with no real way of tracking time, burndowns, productivity, velocity, or any other metric that tells a project manager if the job is "getting done", it's simply not built for that and trying to implement methods that will make it work, just result in frustration. It's also a bit lightweight on the features for the free trial version, quite a few things are locked off behind the paywall (which is fine) - but also, we feel that there isn't *enough* features behind the paywall which would incentivise us to purchase a license. So the bottom line with Trello is it's great for short term, simple tasks and idea sharing, but anything more heavy duty that needs to be updated regularly and it will struggle.

• Reviewed on 10/7/2018
Beth S.
Administrator
Accounting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/11/2020

"Fantastic software for project tracking"

Comments: We use trello to track the status of tax returns (from the moment we remind clients to send us stuff to when it is accepted by the IRS), to track the status of potential clients, and also to keep lists of procedures by type (Accounting, Bookkeeping, sales tax, etc)

Pros: My most favorite thing is the Kanban Board view and labels. They make it so easy to track where projects are so multiple people working on something can see what needs to be done vs. what is already done and who is working on it! It is incredibly user friendly whether you're on a computer, a phone, or even using the app! I like that we can attached files not only from our devices but also from Google Drive. Finally, the price is really inexpensive, so when we add someone to our team we don't have to decide if it's worth it to add them!

Cons: The only thing it really seems to be missing is having the gmail thread as part of trello, instead of having to pay for a third party add-on. We'd also like the ability to export a board+lists to excel.

• Reviewed on 21/11/2020
Mark C.
Training Specialist
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 8/1/2021

"Team and Time Tracking and Management"

Comments: I have used Trello to stay organized. It works great for keeping track of things when there are multiple tasks and many deadlines involved in one large, or long-term project. It's also helpful to for keeping track of where team members are as they work on parts of a project. Before switching to trello, I had simple checklists and would at times forget where I was or what had been done. Trello allowed for quick and easy tracking and updating of progress no matter where I was, because it is simple to use, visual, and the phone is always with me.

Pros: I loved that it was easy to use both in the desktop web browser and in the phone app. Many products are heavier with their usefulness in one area or another. With Trello, I was able to use it easily and completely at my desktop at work or at home, and then had the same ease and complete functionality of use on my phone when I didn't have a computer handy. The boards and cards are extremely useful. I've used them to track my own progress through multiple similar projects, being able to simply move independent cards along a flow, and quickly, visually spot where each project was in the process. I've also used them to collaborate with multiple people on a very complex single project. Boards can be used for work focus areas, or for specific teams, and cards can be specifically assigned to individual or multiple members as being part of what they need to complete. It is easy to quickly spot projects and what needs to be done visually when set up correctly, and can turn a confusing list of multi-level tasks into a quick know-at-a-glance what needs to be done and how far along a project has gone. It is also very helpful to be able to add checklists to cards, and files. Team members can check off that they've completed something, and add photo or document evidence. Color coding is also available, which adds to being able to label things so they're quickly identifiable as relevant to what you're looking for, or not. We have used the free version, paid provides even more.

Cons: Integration features looked good, but many of them cannot be used without paying. It's hard to complain that the product could have been even more useful than it was if I wouldn't have had to pay for features, because I completely understand that the company would go under if it did not make money somehow. All-in-all, I'd say that the feature upgrades would be worth it. Trello is very inexpensive, I just couldn't justify a requisition in the context of my workplace.

• Reviewed on 8/1/2021
Kim F.
Digital Design & Strategy Consultant
Graphic Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 23/11/2020

"Hello Trello ­čĹő"

Pros: Trello is really the best, inexpensive project management tool you could ask for. Edits happen in real- time. Assigning team members and due dates are simple with the Kanban cards and Planyway calendar. In- platform reminders work flawlessly. Teaching project progress is easy for simple projects.

Cons: The one main drawback would be that there are a lot of plugins available to make more features and apps available (calendars, etc. ). This can be good, but sometimes can take you a little off course, since you have to generally leave the main Trello board and experience to access the extension features. It would be fantastic if more of the extension features were just built into the platform itself. This next part isn't so much a negative, but more of a heads-up as you start getting into complex projects with more moving parts. Unless you upgrade to a heavier duty business plan, tracking milestones for each card is tough. Example: your project has 3 parts. Each part requires 2 people to do 3 tasks each. Without the paid plan, it's tough to track who's assigned to which specific step for which specific due date without creating a separate card for each task. To assign due dates to each, you're now looking at tracking progress across 18 individual cards on the free plan. You can use a checklist, but can't assign due dates to the individual milestones/ tasks unless you're on the free plan. They have to make money (I fully get and support that!). Just know that as your projects grow in complexity, the amount you have to spend may grow with it. Not always, but sometimes. With that said, they are still the cheapest, somewhat full-featured project management tool that you can jump right into and begin using.

• Reviewed on 23/11/2020
Abby B.
Web Designer, Small Business Owner
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 20/8/2020

"Outstanding project collaboration, especially for free"

Comments: As a web designer and marketer, I use Trello for project management, to collaborate with clients and keep them up-to-date on their project. I also use is to assign them "homework", list due dates and checklists of what I need from them.
I work with mostly other solo business owners, but sometimes have a client with multiple hands in the pot. Trello has worked very well for either scenario.

Pros: There's so much you can do with the free version, I still can't believe they're offering it for free. They've made constant improvements with adding things like assigning a person and a date. Just with the color-coding of cards alone, there's so much you can do with it.

Cons: There's really nothing else out there like it, other than putting sticky notes up on a wall. There's no other SaaS like it. So getting started out, it's a little hard to explain to people, but once they're in there, I haven't had any clients get confused; it's quite intuitive.
I wish you could customize the layout a little more - like have sub cards, or make columns smaller. I also wish there was a way to move Comments to a sideboard, or to another card. Cards end up getting congested and makes it hard to find pertinent information.

• Reviewed on 20/8/2020
Sandra D.
DE
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/7/2020

"Trello to Organize Nonprofit Volunteers"

Comments: Trello runs my life. I use it to create and exicute plans, events, and campaigns with volunteers and venders. What I like best about Trello is the ability to automate and link with other software like my email and calendar.

Pros: Use Trello in my daily planning but I also used it to help my volunteers. The typical way for an entry-level volunteer to get information and learn how to do their job is with a 200+ page guidebook. That is not an easy sell for most brand new first-time volunteers. So I broke down the guidebook using Trello to make starting out simple. "Here is what you need to do and the tools you need to do it," on each card. I love that it lets me have links and attachments so everything my people need is at their fingertips and it is searchable.

Cons: Trello is intimidating at first. I love using it and I have taught a dozen people how to use it. They are all overwhelmed at first. But over an hour or so they get the hang of it and really start to enjoy using the system.

• Reviewed on 19/7/2020
Digital Content Manager
E-Learning, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/6/2020

"Good collaboration tool with a lot of features to keep you organized"

Comments: We used to use Microsoft Excel for our e-learning design projects, but there was a lot of overhead involved in creating the project forms in Excel. Trello mostly works for our purposes right out of the box, so we were able to dive into a new process without spending a ton of time defining the process up front.

Pros: Trello supports our e-Learning design process by providing a central place to store and discuss the design for a particular learning engagement. It is user-friendly even for folks who are not particularly tech-savvy. It runs quickly and doesn't require any software installation. It can also be used for a variety of projects, from tracking a product roadmap or personal to-do list to creating new content for our learning platform.

Cons: A lot of the useful features require a paid account or a certain amount of Trello Gold to use. So all of the features are not available right out of the box. It also forces a design layout that is vertical, as opposed to our learning platform content which is arranged horizontally. So it is not as flexible as we would like.

• Reviewed on 17/6/2020
Biotechnology, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2/4/2020

"Best task manager"

Comments: So far is free, so it also has the best relationship price/quality you can find.

Pros: By far this is the easiest to use task manager in the market. It is very intuitive and easy to use without missing functionality. I've used for several projects big and small and never failed me.

Cons: The only drawback I see is that after you create a task you must go back to add information, this is something that should be done in one step instead of two.
It has less features than JIRA, but most JIRA features are of not use for me, so I can't complain for this, but if you are looking for a JIRA drop-in replacement, this is not the software you are looking for.

• Reviewed on 2/4/2020
I.T. Project Manager
Management Consulting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 24/3/2020

"My go-to for team and project management"

Comments: I have used Trello for years for personal, academic and professional use. I mostly use it for professional PM for clients and projects and for my NASA L'SPACE work. Use solo or with a team.

Pros: It really helps me organize information, tasks and really all aspects of a project. I've used it for years and it just gets better with the add-ons. I use it for professional project management and with my special projects with NASA's L'SPACE program. I use Trello with a premium add-on called PlanWay that adds additional project management tools like Ganntt charting and it makes task assignments and ownership easier for team based projects.

Cons: When I first began to use it years ago I jumped in and didn't really both to learn how to use it. If you don't have a method to organize the lists and cards it can get messy and overwhelming. What I learned to do was take a little time to read tutorials and watch some Trello YouTube videos and it helped me organize my information better. That's my advice to new users. Otherwise I have no complaints I love it.

• Reviewed on 24/3/2020
Rob H.
Designer - Owner
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 6/2/2020

"Trello keeps projects centralized and organized."

Comments: The most significant problem I solved with Trello is consolidation. Projects with a lot of managers can get out of control very quickly. One person will say, "I sent that email a week ago." Another will say, "I put that on Dropbox yesterday." In short time, there are multiple areas that contain the important documents and info and it becomes very tedious to find and consolidate it all. I have my clients "only" send me info via Trello. That way, everything is in one place. And, if they make a mess or place things in the wrong place, Trello is easy to reorganize and cleanup. I can manage the entire project in one place and now nothing is lost or missed or misplaced.

Pros: Trello is easy to use, fast and accessible. It also provides a good "overview at a glance" as to how a project is progressing, what needs attention and what can be left alone for now. I like the ability to "drag and drop" images and text into it. It makes it fast to share when you have another browser open and are researching. I also like the ability to place labels on the stacks of cards. Many of my clients don't take the time to really get into Trello and read everything I post there. They are in a hurry and just want what's required. I can place labels, say for instance, "Needs Feedback", on a stack and they just get used to looking for that so they can respond. It's also great for collaborating in real-time as I'm on the phone with someone. It's accessible from any web enabled device so I can view it and or work on it from anywhere.

Cons: The only thing I wish Trello had was the ability to "markup." I'd like to be able to draw or make pointers on images that are posted. Other than that, I don't know what else I'd change.

• Reviewed on 6/2/2020
Head of Growth
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/12/2019

"Great tool for project management"

Comments: Trello is our go-to tool for planning and executing projects. We use it to plan and execute projects across multiple teams and functions and it works very well - everyone knows how to use it, everyone follows the boards, works great. We use Asana for my team and Trello for cross-company project planning.

Pros: - Trello is great for planning and executing projects
- It's especially useful when multiple teams/depts are involved
- Unlike Asana, it's easy to add freelancers and external partners to Trello and have them follow the workflow
- Trello is super easy to set up and use
- No enablement is needed - it's just intuitive

Cons: - The functionality is very basic and upgrading to paid plan costs the same as Asana (which has more goodies for us)
- When we have boards with external parties and try to upgrade, we need to pay for the 'guests' as well and that blocks us
- Sub tasks don't have a deadline functionality, which is a pity

• Reviewed on 13/12/2019
Lee Q.
Sr. Web Developer
Building Materials, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/12/2019

"Great Software for Small Teams"

Comments: It is great for small teams that aren't strictly held to a standard for regular sprint cycles. If you want a quick SCRUM or KANBAN experience for a hobby or small project it is perfect. If you're looking to manage a large scale development project, it is not scalable.

Pros: It's very easy to use and extremely flexible for many styles of project management. Using it on several of my side projects not related to the core of my development role, I have been able to easily keep track of progress and manage the workflow for a small team and small projects. The plugins were fun to use as well. I really liked the "aging cards" effect for cards that haven't moved through the workflow fast enough.

Cons: As a developer on many projects, Trello became cumbersome when we needed to scale and manage multiple projects. I wanted to, but the costs and features seemed to limit the scope of what we could do with various agile teams on numerous projects. I think it would have worked, but our contractors were looking for something more along the lines of JIRA for software development project management. We never got to try out multiple features or plugins with Trello as a whole. I did get to use it to manage my tasks related to JIRA issues, which was okay, but I eventually opted for tasks in JIRA. In short, it is hard to clearly define sprints and tasks for those sprints without having to repeatedly create new labels or new boards to separate sprints.

• Reviewed on 12/12/2019
Research Associate
Research, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/11/2019

"I didn't ask for shared to-do lists... but here we are!"

Comments: Overall I have found Trello to be of benefit both personally and to our team. Trello has helped our management keep track of each team member's workloads from a big picture standpoint, and has helped with distribution (and re-distribution) of work. It has also been beneficial to me in terms of organizing and keeping track of the work that I'm doing. As someone naturally disorganized, this is a major compliment. It has been so helpful that I am considering using it for my personal projects as well.

Pros: Trello is an organizational powerhouse. Personally, neither my mind nor my typical work style are very organized -- I'm all about scattered thoughts and scattered notes. Trello offers a myriad of solutions for the problem that is me. From separate boards for separate projects/task types, to separating lists of cards by various types, to individual cards, the organization options offered by Trello's "to-do" lists are pretty granular. This system is very easy to use, but the deeper you go -- especially once you start playing with Trello's various powerups -- the more complex it becomes. There is a lot to be said for the extension of functionality offered by said powerups -- they go from simple extensions of base functionality to drastic shifts in how information is presented (such as calendar view) or integration of other services (including Google Drive and Dropbox). Trello is pretty easy to use out of the box for an unorganized person such as myself, but offers a lot of possibilities for the power users willing to dive, or the highly organized among us.

Cons: Aside from its many organizational functions, which are stellar, the main draw of Trello is that it allows for sharing and collaboration among users. My team (10-20 people), for example, uses a single shared Trello board, with card lists for each team member, across all of our projects. Since everyone can see everything, this has led to occasional weirdness between members of our team. Perhaps this is just due to the organizational structure we've settled on -- perhaps I'm saying the con is people. On that note -- there doesn't seem to be an easy undo function, so if you mess something up on a shared board you may end up creating confusion. The notification system is also not ideal. Trello is not the place to go if you require the person you're communicating with's immediate attention.

• Reviewed on 17/11/2019
Murtuza B.
Design Consultant
Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 28/9/2019

"One of the best free project management tool"

Pros: The interface. I was looking for a free tool to have a track on my work and I hired bunch of people remotely but always having communication gaps. After finding Trello I found it super easy to learn it and get started. I immediately moved all my team to the software and started to create cards (tasks) for them. The best part is that I can collaborate on every single card and can put up the brief, links, files everything on one place. And above everything is checklist. Most of my cards have a to do list so having a friendly multi checklist feature in Trello makes me to stick with it.

Cons: Its hard to say but as I liked the interface mainly, there is one thing I didn't liked. Comments on the bottom. I used to have checklists and that's why comments section always go deep down. I prefer it to be on right side to make cards super collaborative.

• Reviewed on 28/9/2019
John B.
Senior Program Manager
Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/9/2019

"Very user-friendly tool that improves project management!"

Comments: Our group began using Trello to replace spreadsheets for project tracking and the results have been amazing. With Trello, we can quickly navigate through multiple projects and also get an immediate, visual sense of the overall project status. Creating cards (a.k.a. "stories," "tasks," etc.) is very easy and includes extensive customization options. Notifications for any project updates can be delivered via email, desktop or push (iOS) and the frequency can be adjusted. Trello also utilizes what they call "Power-Ups" for integration with a variety of other 3rd party solutions. The Google Drive "Power-Up" has been especially useful as it allows us to attach files to cards directly from Google Drive. With an emphasis on security, Trello also includes session tracking and offers two-factor authentication for all price tiers. With a clean UI and very intuitive functions, Trello provides a great user experience.

Pros: - Creating cards (a.k.a. "stories," "tasks," etc.) is very intuitive
- Cards have an option to include a "Checklist" to easily track sub-tasks
- Function to "Copy" a card makes creating multiple cards quick and easy
- Clicking on your profile image displays a list of all cards currently assigned to you
- Menu includes an "Activity" section with a snapshot of all recent changes or updates
- Status "Lists" (columns) are completely customizable including quantity and titles
- Search function includes default options to quickly search by due date
- Option to pin the "Boards" list on the left side provides easy access to multiple boards
- Simple and easy integration with other tools such as Google Drive via "Power-Ups"
- Custom background images can be uploaded and set for each board
- Two-factor authentication is included in all price tiers
- Free version includes unlimited personal Boards and up to 10 team boards
- Extremely clean UI with a very nice overall look & feel
- Mobile app is extremely user-friendly and always in-sync

Cons: - Usernames apparently need to be globally unique across all of Trello (no one on my team was using "john" but I still got an error message that the "Username is taken")
- Clearing (or "marking read") notifications on the mobile app is a little confusing

• Reviewed on 24/9/2019
Account Strategist
  • Reviewed on 20/6/2019

"Trello For A Small Marketing Agency"

Comments: We use Trello for project management at a small advertising/marketing ageny.

Pros: The ease of use - the whole process of making cards and boards is very intuitive and user friendly.

Cons: The only thing I didn't like about the software was the lack of creating dependency on other cards - IE if there is a campaign that needs to be set up, but first a graphic designer needs to create a design, there isn't a great way to automate the campaign creation card to be assigned when the designer has completed their card. Trello has checklists, tagging, etc. that can be used to overcome this, but it's not as smooth as it could be.

• Reviewed on 20/6/2019
Nigel masimba R.
WordPress Developer
  • Reviewed on 2/4/2019

"My Life is Beginning to Revolve Around Trello"

Comments: Trello helps me plan both personal and business tasks, using a single account. I use it mainly for a simple "to do", "doing", "done" project boards. Additional panels that I have used include a duty roster that stayed mostly static and was moved from user to user depending on Because it's free I get to use it with little worry of being locked out. When I was first introduced to the concept of the kanban board I looked around for alternatives to Trello. Eventually, I returned to Trello because I found it to be the better option. If my work paid more I'd definitely upgrade to the premium tier and enable at least a few of the features I'm currently locked out of!

Pros: Trello is free to use for basic functionality. Integration with third-party applications like Slack greatly improves the experience with Trello You can use Trello for both organising both business and personal tasks ( On separate boards, of course. ) The free tier of Trello allows teams to collaborate on boards. It also allows boards to be set to public, a useful feature when working on a local community project or open source project where there are stakeholders who want to see progress other than the team members. Trello sometimes upgrades your account to the premium level whenever you invite a large number of users. That's a great incentive to get people to use software that they will likely enjoy using. It's an excellent tool when team members are in a distributed work environment, as team members can collaborate without needing to see each other.

Cons: Project web pages sometimes give an ambiguous error message when you try to open them while logged out. I would like to automate some tasks. For example, if there is a card that moves between two panels daily at certain times of the day, I'd like to have it just notify that the due time has been reached, and for me to just approve the reset, instead of open Trello and go and manually reset the card. It's hard to describe exactly what I mean without a visual aid.

• Reviewed on 2/4/2019
Edith W.
Visual Designer
Design
  • Reviewed on 13/6/2018

"Trello is a great tool for project management"

Comments: Easy day-to-day task and project management, which simplifies and reduces my emails and streamlines my work and communication process.

Pros: My company has been using Trello as our sole tool to manage day-to-day tasks and projects. We are a small team of 5, and Trello helps us communicate amongst one another across hundreds of different projects and thousands of tasks. We often invite our clients to join their own board and collaborate with us in that way, instead of working with email threads that are impossible to keep track of. We use the free version of the software, and have tons of information on many boards - there appears to be no limit, which is an absolutely amazing feature to offer for free. Most software that is this great, is limited in some way, shape or form. I have yet to find a limiting factor that prevents us from using Trello to it's full capabilities in our office. I love that you can keep all information relevant to a specific task on one card - attachments, due dates, comments - everything you need to remind yourself what needs to be done and where you are with that particular task. I also love that you can change the backgrounds of each board.

Cons: I honestly cannot think of something I do not like about the software at this point in time. Even the free version has very little that can be criticised. I would love the ability to easily switch between accounts, I have a personal account as well as one for work - currently one needs to log out and log back (sometimes log out of Google and back in), which could probably be streamlined a bit more.

• Reviewed on 13/6/2018
Peter P.
Software Project Manager
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 14/7/2019

"Trello is the daily tasks and projects tool."

Comments: It is wonderful to have this platform for managing tasks and projects, because it gives us confidence, speed and great efficiency in all our work and personal activities, with Trello we find the solution to all our concerns, since with its applications and technological capabilities we have been able to organize projects in the company that we carry out in teams This system facilitates the task of establishing work roles and characteristics to each member of the work group, with which we can share opinions, suggestions and comments in favor of the tasks carried out and more important is that through this system we can supervise the process through a system of boards that are very functional, which is key in the final results.

Pros: Trello fulfills its main objective, which is to easily organize and control all our routine tasks and projects, also has a perfectly designed user interface, which allows us to obtain easier communication with colleagues, members of a work team and users in general who have access to the system.
This platform offers us a very powerful visual image that places it as one of the best managers of projects and current tasks, also has a very fast exploration engine.
It has the particularity of allowing us access, even without having any connection to the internet, since the cards have the property to automatically synchronize on the web. We have always enjoyed effective communication throughout our work team, since the system has customized different functions which we integrate extensions with other applications such as Slack, during the online meeting we can establish work roles and some routines for each member, besides With the Butter application we can automate workflows necessary for better data processing and visualization of information.

Cons: It would be interesting that Trello include a tray of erasures in next versions, which would be very useful in the recovery of information.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 14/7/2019
Elvis P.
System Manager
  • Reviewed on 4/5/2019

"The most powerful planning tool without any doubt."

Comments: With Trello I can make better use of time by controlling the achievement of each task and activity, thus optimizing the execution times of my work team along with the flow of information on each activity, without any doubt an indispensable tool for the planning and organization of activities and projects.

Pros: With Trello I can organize anything, from home tasks to family events, projects and work activities, through the lists I can control the status of tasks and also with the cards I can generate more specific activities for each one of my collaborators so they can be taken independently, parallel or in different periods of time if one depends on the completion of another, that way I can generate a workflow for each project in each of my boards, inside the cards I can add more specific information of the activities such as the due date and details of the task itself, also me and my work team can add comments and attach files, on the other hand Trello allows me to move the cards one list to another across the board facilitating the control of the workflow, through the applications integration Trello allows me to work with the applications that my work team uses the most, and if that was not enough, it keeps synchronized in each of my devices allowing me to always be aware of each of the advances of my team whether on my computer, tablet or smartphone. For this and more Trello is the most powerful planning tool without any doubt.

Cons: None that I can mention so far, simply the best planning tool

• Reviewed on 4/5/2019
Lauren H.
Freelance Artist
Entertainment, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 23/3/2020

"Goal Orientation Meets Its Prime"

Comments: I was having trouble setting my goals (long term, short term, and present) while keeping them in a timeline. I'm all about detail but also about minimal effort. So this app really helped me in that aspect my managing my goals and events (I wanted to attend) in a single space.

Pros: As a business creative, I have to harness the roles of employer and employee all in one. Organization and discipline are some of the most important factors for maintaining a proper workflow. That's why I appreciate Trello's integration. It has a goal-setting workspace that also provides a calendar setup. It's a great multitasker and can separate divisions and departments accordingly.

Cons: Managing the goal cards and their functionality. While they're absolutely great to work with, they make it a bit inconvenient to flow effortlessly and delete/move/edit. It slightly becomes a hassle. Other than that, the software is amazing.

• Reviewed on 23/3/2020
Jacob E.
Growth Marketing Manager
Media Production, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 8/3/2020

"Amazing Team Workflow Software"

Comments: I am a huge supporter of Trello. In general, I am a super organized person, always at Inbox Zero and obsessed with task management. I use asana, trello and my reminders app on my phone to organize my day-to-day activities. I could definitely tell you that without Trello, I would not be able to work within my own team or other teams at the company. The ease of use for any new user, makes onboarding super easy, and painless. Moreover, I love having one place to manage all my tasks and other tasks on my team, with the ability to move it across the Kanban board comfortably.

Pros: - Ease of use
- They have a mobile app and browser software
- Super easy to understand for new users
- Sharing it and inviting new users is as simple as sending them an invite link
- The setup literally takes just minutes
- You have the ability to add custom fields to cards
- They work with Zapier so you can trigger certain things based on cards moving to columns you've identified
- It's freemium is extensive

Cons: - There were times when I sent an invite link, the user joined, but then when sending a specific card URL, the same the user could not access

• Reviewed on 8/3/2020
Michelle B.
Director of Marketing
  • Reviewed on 6/6/2019

"It's like a collaborative post-it note"

Comments: I've used Trello across multiple organizations, both big and small. I absolutely love it and consider it an integral part of my work resources and personal resources, too.

Pros: I like that I can have multiple boards, all with a different purpose. By example, I keep a board for my own internal projects and tasks I need to complete, and I also keep a separate board that us used as our ongoing content calendar. It's great because at any point in time we can easily shift cards around for varying deadlines, but also keep details for that specific content in the comments. The checklist templates are helpful too when setting up a cadence or process of events across multiple team members. Lastly, I enjoy the integrations. My team and I use Google Docs for just about everything and its pretty easy to connect the two together.

Cons: I would absolutely love if there were multiple deadline assignments available. For instance, I mentioned we use Trello to house a content calendar. The internal deadline for editing and such is usually one date and the posting date is a separate date, but I cannot visually represent that. Likewise, I may record a podcast on one date to publish on another date and my only workaround for that currently is two separate cards. It can also be a little wonky sometimes when you clone a card with a similar layout and structure. I do not always have the option to delete prior comments, but want to clone the prior card as it contains all of the checklist and relevant notes I need.

• Reviewed on 6/6/2019
CTO
Textiles, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/7/2020

"Quick and easy to use"

Pros: I love the user interface. It's pretty fast and the visualization is great! I like specially the keyboard shortcuts to do things faster like put labels and join cards.

Cons: Show how many cards are in each list would be awesome! I miss some metrics too, something like a weekly email with information about cards created, moved, etc.

• Reviewed on 16/7/2020