Quickbooks Point of Sale Reviews

Filter by:

• Overall

About Quickbooks Point of Sale

QuickBooks Point of Sale is an all-in-one solution with the software, hardware and payment service you need to sell online and in-store

Learn more about Quickbooks Point of Sale

Arthur D.
Arthur D.
CTO
Computer Software
  • Reviewed on 7/3/2018

"POS enabled us to add a retail location to our distribution business, minimal time spent configuring"

Comments: The intergration with QB Financials

Pros: Ease of setup and intetgration into our QB Enterprise software. We got system setup in under an hour and was connected to QB Finance and ringing up customers with a hour and a half.

Cons: How inventory goes into QB Financial but we developed a work around. Inventory needs to be able to use QB Finance as the main record for inventory

• Reviewed on 7/3/2018
Michael D.
Michael D.
System Administrator
Financial Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/3/2019

"Point of Sale Made Easier"

Pros: Quickbooks Point of Sale is simple and easy to use. Nothing is far out of reach. Sales are a breeze and pulling reports is very easy with the improved user interface. The cloud-centric features are very nice too, offering seamless integration across devices and platforms. There is a POS for every industry in the retail arena.

Cons: It's kind of cumbersome to setup initially. I'd recommend having that part handled by an expert. Apart form that, I can't say anything else bad about it.

• Reviewed on 26/3/2019
Cathy H.
  • Reviewed on 3/6/2016

"QB POS REVIEW"

Pros: It is easy to use. Great reporting. Great Support

Cons: Cost averaging, cannot make sub departments, communication issues with support

• Reviewed on 3/6/2016
Controller
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/5/2019

"POS for our small retail shop"

Pros: We have used this product since the beginning and find it easy to use and integrating it into our books makes life simple.

Cons: Sometimes was a challenge to learn, but an overall great product.

by Intuit on 8/5/2019

Thanks for the taking the time to review. While I'm confident you're a pro by now, I know just where you can go should you have questions down the road.

Since we realize learning any new software can be a challenge, we've created a ton of resources, like our Community (https://intuit.me/2rJQ95o) to help ease the learning curve. This multi-function space is an awesome 24/7 outlet where you can chat with QuickBooks reps or explore hundreds of troubleshooting/how-to tutorials. Check it out anytime, and have a good one!

Grant, The QuickBooks Team

• Reviewed on 7/5/2019
Tonya C.
  • Reviewed on 5/11/2020

"Quickbooks Support is Awful. Pick something else even if upfront cost is higher ( Used for 15 years"

Comments: We've used Quickbooks POS and Desktop for 15 years. We just recently decided to integrate credit card processing. Our "sales rep" flat out lied about the features. Once he received our payment, he would not return calls or emails. Swell! We've upgraded to the new version 19. This process has been simply AWFUL. I have no less that 15 "case numbers". Even had our files sent to a technician. No resolution! My Staff had figured some work arounds to make the lock ups and disruptions to business less frequent. With each call I make to support I will be "disconnected" at least 2-3 times and have to start the process all over. This includes attempts to call and use the "online support" which is worse. After maybe an hour of ineffective support (I am being kind here), I will be referred to Level 2. They are always too busy at the time to assist, and "will call back". The call back DOES NOT HAPPEN. I will have to call back everyday for a week and complain before Level 2 will call. I have had Level 2 "call back appointments" promise after promise of call backs. NEVER HAPPENS These issues take away from my ability to manage my business effectively. I belong to several business groups online. I continue to say pick another POS Quickbooks is awful...just awful. Oh and the chickens and roosters in the background when talking to support...what in the world??? I've decided to give some online reviews as well so folks that want to focus on their business make a different choice even if

Pros: Quickbooks offers one stop shopping that initially appealed to me. We use Point of Sate along with integrating into the Desktop for accounting.

Cons: Support is worse than non existent. Integration is limited. Features promised are proprietary and more limited that promised.

• Reviewed on 5/11/2020
Sylvia R.
Partner
  • Reviewed on 20/4/2017

"QB POS great pos, horrid support, pricing that keeps wanting more"

Pros: many of the reports and report functions are great, easy to use, sensible setup. easy to use on the register as well as from the back end.

Cons: customer support is terrible if you finally get someone, many times they made changes that ended up affecting the operations in a negative way. When, support was elevated to a higher level, many times you would never hear back from anyone. You don't just buy your license and that's it, they come out with upgrades etc. and many require you buying the newer licenses to be able to continue to function. Price is prohibitive, having to buy new licenses every 14-18 months.

• Reviewed on 20/4/2017
Roger M.
  • Reviewed on 4/5/2016

"Quickbooks POS"

Pros: Very intuitive program. Lots of bells and whistles for the money. Easy to learn, plenty of reports and employee time tracking.

Cons: You pretty much have to use their merchant services. If you choose to use a third party, you will have to manually enter credit/debit sales transactions into another terminal. This leads to a double entry for these types of sales and mistakes happening.
You have to pay for support, either monthly or very costly by the incident.
Upgrading can be costly and if you don't upgrade, your version will not even be supported at some point.

• Reviewed on 4/5/2016
Service Operations Manager
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/4/2018

"Amazing software for small businesses!"

Pros: Quickbooks POS is very user friendly - it is not a complicated point of sale software that requires much thought. Easy to train a new retail sales associate on, which is great.

Cons: There can be occasional glitches we can be problematic when running credit cards or taking payments.

Carrie C.
Building Materials, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/9/2017

"Efficient for a small business"

Pros: Has all the features needed for my business. It's easy to use. Excellent quality for its price point.

Cons: Need to be a faster way of looking up info. I have lots of products and we have to look thru the whole list even tho it is in order to find what we need. Can be very frustrating.

• Reviewed on 14/9/2017
Dawn A.
  • Reviewed on 7/12/2017

"great product"

Comments: makes the use of inventory easy to use

Pros: Its very user friendly I have employees that can breeze through it and it makes their life simpler.

Cons: Support help is not very good. Whe you call they wont help you right away. I never get anyone that speaks english well enough

• Reviewed on 7/12/2017
Leeann B.
Admin
  • Reviewed on 28/12/2017

"Very easy to learn and use"

Pros: The ease to learn and how easy it is to customize reports for whatever you need it for. Tracking payments and entering notes is a great function!

Cons: I guess my only con would be emailing through QuickBooks doesn't have our company logo or signatures.

• Reviewed on 28/12/2017
Andy P.
  • Reviewed on 10/8/2017

"I am happy , i like it"

Pros: Very easy operations, daily reports and
Inventory maintenance, very easy to operate
Price look up and price change is easy. This product is really good and affordable, I already have 3 stores, I am using same Product for My all business.

• Reviewed on 10/8/2017
Katherine N.
Treasurer
  • Reviewed on 5/4/2017

"Terrible support"

Comments: Don't purchase a POS solution where the administration for support takes hours before you can get a support person online. Also, because of turnover at our organization, we have been trying to change the contract person for more than a month. The requirements include a copy of drivers license, copy of bank account, and letter from President !! Really ?? Top that off with contact people who you have no idea where they are located. Administration that insists on calling back 'after hours' for our Eastern time zone and the support turns out to be useless at best. We cannot change the contact person and the actual tech support team members cannot help us out with intermittent issues with the POS freezing up. I would never recommend QB, Intuit, or the POS. AND I have to add that there is no escalation at Intuit, so no one actually cares that there are problems.

Pros: Inexpensive POS software, but the tech support and administration is nearly impossible to work with.

Cons: POS is general a mission critical function and the support from QB POS is the worst I have ever experienced

• Reviewed on 5/4/2017
Bryon C.
Marketing
  • Reviewed on 15/2/2018

"It was great for what it was"

Comments: Better (it seems) for smaller companies.

Pros: This was brilliant. I really like how customizable the software is. For a layman, it was a very easy-to-use platform that was an all-in-one bundle of scheduling tools, customer profile tools, invoicing, ect. Big value.

Cons: I really enjoied using this software but it seemed to really bog down as my database grew. I would love to see a faster application.

• Reviewed on 15/2/2018
Erika G.
Administrative manager
  • Reviewed on 14/7/2017

"Very good product with a variety of functions to fit your business needs."

Pros: The software is easy to use and its easy to customize reports for different needs.

Cons: it crashes often and i have experience multiple issues with the sharing of information between the main computer and work stations

• Reviewed on 14/7/2017
Zubair khan S.
student
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/9/2018

"great application and most reliable in working and easy to used in every environment."

Comments: I like so much that

Pros: Little slow in my system but the whole output of that software is helpful and overall efficiency is the best

Cons: most efficient, Reliable, easy to use and easy to learn for every one.

• Reviewed on 25/9/2018
Erwin Y.
  • Reviewed on 27/11/2018

"A lot of feature more than most retails need."

Pros: All in one, purchase orders to receiving orders to sale. It goes from purchase of inventory to inventory sold.

Cons: A lot of features to navigate through if you want to take the time to learn it can be a powerful tool, but like the title says probably has more features than most retails would need.

• Reviewed on 27/11/2018
Stephanie P.
2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/2/2019

"Pretty simple POS software, with all the bells and whistles."

Pros: Being a long time QB user, it is great to be able to incorporate the same company into the middle areas of record keeping for the POS.

Cons: It was tricky for me to set up the update and upgrade to accepting chips, but customer service walked me through the process and it went pretty quickly. Not really a con. I've been using this for my own business, after having operated it in a previous job, so perhaps issues may arise, but none thus far.

• Reviewed on 25/2/2019
Serwa E.
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 3/10/2018

"Easy to use!"

Pros: This system is not complicated at all. Set up is a breeze. Very thorough directions. If you're not too tech savy, this isn't a headache at all.

Cons: So far so good! There's not much I can find wrong as yet. I use this for one of my businesses and it's a breeze.

• Reviewed on 3/10/2018
Pablo C.
Warehouse, customer service
  • Reviewed on 9/11/2017

"Amazing software"

Pros: Very easy and understandable software that i would reccomend for any type of business . Very user friendly

• Reviewed on 9/11/2017
Armando V.
  • Reviewed on 21/7/2016

"good system but unfortunately not what i need any more"

Pros: quick responses of cs and program is very easy to run

Cons: it needs more features, more reports, graphics etc. vendors are ok

• Reviewed on 21/7/2016
Leah C.
  • Reviewed on 13/12/2016

"Quickbooks POS review from a daily user"

Comments: Every day, I use Quickbooks POS. I like that the program is, for the most, part straightforward; specifically the integration of the "I want to..." pull down menu makes finding things easy. I do wish there were more options as far as reports. I also would like there to be an easier way to over-hall the inventory. When there are issues with the POS communicating or rather sending the days sales figures back to the designated Quickbooks computer, there are times when this operation fails and trying to get both up and running and resending data is often a headache.
Lastly, there should be options for gift certificates as well as gift cards as far as selling and redeeming; this can also be such a pain that employees don't push those sales.

• Reviewed on 13/12/2016
Jose C.
Lead Client Experience Manager
  • Reviewed on 16/8/2021

"Very Easy to Setup Bar Codes"

Pros: I had never used the software and had a customer that needed to be able to apply discounts. The software is user friendly and allowed me to quickly find a way to create a barcode that would apply a negative value, thus performing the function of a coupon.

Cons: Navigation between menus could be a bit smoother without having to log in and out.

by Intuit on 20/8/2021

We're happy to hear you've found great use out of the Point of Sale system, Jose. To help you even further, we recommend checking out our What's New page for more on how to get the most out of the software: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/desktop/point-of-sale/whats-new/#Payments
Wishing you continued success!
-Kristina, The QuickBooks Team

• Reviewed on 16/8/2021
Nikki H.
CFO
Wholesale, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 1/4/2019

"Didn't work for us"

Comments: I love Quickbooks enterprise and will continue to use it. I will never use their point of sale again. I was trying to get away from ACCUPOS which after this debacle I have realized is amazing and my problems now seem minor I am going back to them and addressing my minor complaints.

Pros: When paired with one of their partners software can do major things, but not minor ones.

Cons: It had to re number our items which are currently stored in Enterprise.
The POS shortcuts couldn't show a description only our item number, which is one of 7000 different numbers so that wasn't an option.
Very clunky and antiquated, would be very easy to mess something up.
Customer support has a 45 minute hold time.

• Reviewed on 1/4/2019
I & E Technician
Chemicals, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/4/2018

"Expensive but well written"

Pros: This software easily imports into Quickbooks, easy to add items into and ring sales. Good interface and good reports.

Cons: Most expensive software that we looked at. For multi-store we would of spent a small fortune but it is still an option