Shopify POS Reviews

• Overall

About Shopify POS

Built for retail, Shopify POS brings your sales, inventory, customers, and more together across brick & mortar and online locations.

Learn more about Shopify POS

Megan B.
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees

"Highly recommend"

Comments: Overall, I would refer any in person sellers to this software.

Pros: I love this software because it is so easy to deploy and operate. Also the way that the hands held card reader is shaped is very nice. The software itself integrates smoothly with my Shopify store, and it runs perfectly.

Cons: There is not anything I would change about this software as of right now. It works great and integrates well.

Jonathon G.
Clerk
  • Reviewed on 28/8/2019

"POS is right"

Comments: Shopify is CREATING business problems, not solving them. Their tax tables are often wrong, meaning that their screwups are effecting our profits.

Pros: It is relatively simple to train someone on, and then to use.

Cons: The customer support is abysmal. Shopify screwed up the tax rates. This means either we could shut down until they fixed it - which took a week - or we could charge everyone less tax than we needed to collect . . . and then pay to the municipality. Shopify couldn't care less that they had screwed this up.

• Reviewed on 28/8/2019
Willoughby P.
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/3/2019

"Awesome service for POS"

Comments: Using Shopify POS has made a huge impact overall in our business and customer relations. We can keep much better records and communication with both clients and customers. This makes the service well worth the price and a dire necessity to any business! Try it for one month and you’ll never use another POS system again.

Pros: Perfect system for POS! The seamless way of operating make this service a breeze to work with. As an admin you have free range to adjust your stock and service ms and much more! This ability to customize the POS system is my favorite part about Shopify.

Cons: You are limited in the free trial to what you can test. It is worth purchasing the service because without buying in, you cannot customize your system.

• Reviewed on 6/3/2019
Jennifer J.
Visitor Services Director
Museums & Institutions, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/1/2020

"Shopify POS with Mobile Pay Options."

Comments: It's easy to train our volunteers to use and troubleshoot. We use both the little white Shopify dip and swipe reader and the sturdier-looking black tap dip and swipe reader and have no trouble with either. Set up is easy and payments are are recorded as received on different readers, making it easier to sort the source of sales, if not the item.

Pros: Easy to set up and define products for sale at a physical store. Located on a 55 acre site, we need it about once a month in multiple locations simultaneously, so it wouldn't necessarily pay to set up connected accounts. We need it to use mobile credit card readers over wi-fi and without a dedicated phone or i-pad with a SIM card. We bought 2 refurbished ipads, 2 kinds of mobile card readers, extended the reach of our wi-fi, and we were ready to go!

Cons: Inability to set up a variable-priced item. To do this, the item must be rung in as a "Quick Sale", so there is no identification of sold products or inventory tracking.

• Reviewed on 7/1/2020
Lawrence D.
I.T. Manager
  • Reviewed on 5/3/2018

"A great POS add on if you have Shopify already as your eCommerce platform."

Pros: A really good platform addon for the Shopify eCommerce platform having all your in-store shop orders in one place along with your online orders.

Cons: the price is the only downfall I can think of. that I least like about the software. Apart from that it's great and does what it should do.

• Reviewed on 5/3/2018
Nicole W.
Director of Marketing
  • Reviewed on 21/2/2020

"Simple and straightforward"

Comments: There's definitely room for improvement with the POS system and I appreciate that it informs me when there's an update available.

Pros: I like that it links to my store pretty seamlessly and has all my customer information stored. I like the card reader as well. The life of the card reader lasts a while too.

Cons: We run a lot of promos and the POS doesn't carry over the promo codes that I created on the desktop version. Even when I input the promo code for the customer, the data doesn't carry over. A lot of the times the receipt email won't send to customers.

• Reviewed on 21/2/2020
Sierra O.
Sales Representative
  • Reviewed on 19/9/2018

"A Really Great POS"

Comments: The tracking and reporting of sales has been so much easier. I love the emails you receive after each order is processed.

Pros: We switched to this POS after switching our website to Shopify. Having all payments go through one system is so much better for our business and makes reporting so much easier. I love that it links to our website so you do not have to enter in product information twice.

Cons: There is currently nothing that I do not like about this product.

• Reviewed on 19/9/2018
Rebekah W.
  • Reviewed on 12/12/2018

"Easy for occasional pop ups!"

Comments: Overall, the system was quick and easy to use. When doing holiday pop ups, a fast checkout is a must! We don't use barcodes, but I love that that's an option to make it even faster. But being able to search quickly for a item and add to cart worked great. Love that the card reader is chip enabled too!

Pros: I love that I'm able to search items by title or sku.

Cons: Sometimes when I would click on Quick Sale, it wouldn't allow me to create a title for the item. I had to back out of it a couple times and try again.

• Reviewed on 12/12/2018
Silas L.
Graphic Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 9/12/2019

"Shopify POS"

Comments: Overall the POS was great but there were better options available.

Pros: Shopify POS is a great platform especially for keeping track of sales and customer's in real-time. The app was easy to navigate.

Cons: Using Shopify initially was not that easy, there were not as many functions and available shortcuts compared to other e-commerce platforms.

• Reviewed on 9/12/2019
Tanya C.
Maketing and Sales exec.
  • Reviewed on 7/9/2017

"My shop in the palm of my hand!"

Pros: I have my shop walking around with right on my phone, I can complete orders and take my marketing offline, speaking directly with potential customers. Completing orders for customers right away, right on my phone.

Cons: I am unable to list new items through the app, but otherwise, it works very well no bugs and I am quite happy with it.

• Reviewed on 7/9/2017
Mckay S.
Advertising Manager
Consumer Services
  • Reviewed on 13/12/2017

"This process works great. I love how it integrates the inventory amounts with my website."

Comments: It integrates with your website (assuming you use a Shopify site) so all your products are automatically in there. It will also update your inventory levels. That kind of integrations is awesome.

Pros: It is integrated with your online store. This makes it way easy if you go to a trade show and sell your products. If I sell out, my websites inventory is automatically updated. They give you a card swiper for your phone which is nice if it's not something you use everyday. The app is really quite easy to use.

Cons: The card swiper they are bad, it's really cheap or something because half the time I have to type in the card info (takes extra time, and possibly charges a higher fee). Otherwise, it's great.

• Reviewed on 13/12/2017
Anuththara W.
Researcher
Research, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 30/4/2021

""Shopping made easy""

Comments: This app is truly amazing and very helpful.

Pros: Shopify is a great app for both the customers and retail sellers. It really makes our shopping experience convenient. The app is really easy to install and manage.

Cons: To be honest, there are no any cons regarding the shopify app for me.

• Reviewed on 30/4/2021
Allena C.
  • Reviewed on 16/12/2016

"Great app, I love it"

Comments: I love it and very easy to use. Love the fact that I can sell things online and in store with just one app.

• Reviewed on 16/12/2016
Sales Associate
  • Reviewed on 13/2/2019

"Its okay"

Pros: Ease of use. pretty sure customers are able to check out seamlessly

Cons: the fees could be lesser. or the checkout process could be explained further

• Reviewed on 13/2/2019
Kaden B.
Business Owner
  • Reviewed on 21/9/2019

"Revolutionized My Business"

Comments: Awesome. They’ve changed our business to one that was making $500 a month to one that has quadrupled in size in just a year.

Pros: I have been so impressed with everything that Shopify offers. Their reporting, different integrations, website building, all of it is so impressive.

Cons: I haven’t found anything that I don’t like about Shopify. I’ve been very impressed with them from the beginning.

• Reviewed on 21/9/2019
Maile U.
Consumer Goods, 2-10 Employees

"Mostly good"

Comments: Despite the minor flaws, I still use Shopify POS because it is the easiest POS solution for my business. The pricing is fine as well.

Pros: The Shopify POS is linked to my product list, which makes it easy to select which product(s) shoppers are buying.

Cons: It was hard to set a temporary sales tax. I live in Oregon where we don't have a sales tax, but sometimes travel to other states for conventions or shows. While at the show I need a way to set a location-based temporary sales tax and at the same time allow my online customers to check out without any sales tax. That was surprisingly hard to do last time I used Shopify POS. It's possible the problem has been fixed by now... I haven't used it since before the pandemic started.

Diana K.
  • Reviewed on 25/5/2021

"Having a tough time getting it to work"

Comments: Once I can get it all set up and functional I think I'll be really happy, but so far I'm struggling with implementation.

Pros: I really like that the POS integrates with my website and I can't oversell anything. I like that it's the same company as my website and I don't have to manage multiple interfaces.

Cons: I have had nothing but issues with the hardware and multiple chats with customer service to try and resolve. I also really don't like the new interface. There is so much additional clicking around to finish a sale, it's awful.

• Reviewed on 25/5/2021
Jessica R.
  • Reviewed on 22/4/2021

"Great POS system for businesses"

Comments: Overall this is very convenient to use and i love how it integrates directly with shopify!

Pros: It seamlessly integrates with Shopify making it very convenient to view my transactions whenever i make sales outside of shopify.

Cons: I had some instances when using card processor sometimes it doesn't want to accept payments and i would have to enter the order in manually

• Reviewed on 22/4/2021
Kelly M.
  • Reviewed on 2/12/2020

"Not a fan of the app update"

Comments: The old POS app was very easy to use, but with the update I am thinking of switching to Square. I reached out customer service about the possibly of reverting to the old app; they respond quickly which is great, but unfortunately we are stuck with the new app which I do not think will work for our business.

Pros: Shopify makes it easy to add and edit products to your library. It's great that it tracks inventory and can easily see sales and customer data.

Cons: I have been using shopify pos for almost 2 years and am very disappointed with the recent upgrade. We use the pos app for farmers markets and oftentimes don't have great internet. With the new update, we cannot even get into the app without great internet. Additionally, there is a new password feature that is used to get into the app. It was not very intuitive to figure out how to turn this off and caused some problems with our staff. The new layout is not very user friendly as I find myself having to do several extra steps to complete a sale than I used to.

• Reviewed on 2/12/2020
Clifton G.
Sports, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/6/2021

"Shopify - great solution for our Yoga Studio"

Comments: It was a GREAT experience for all. The Local vendor could monitor all sales easily.

Pros: We partnered with a local vendor to sell retail items at our Yoga Studio. This option enabled us to carry a larger selection of items without having to manage or pay for the inventory. Shopify enable us to handle the POS plus the inventory management. It's ability to show images and bar codes made training the Front Desk staff simple.

Cons: It was another software solution for our Front Desk staff.... BUT it reduced our losses in Retail,,, actually we made money in Retail with out the costs.

• Reviewed on 15/6/2021
Jessica C.
manager
  • Reviewed on 4/6/2018

"love centralizing my POS and website together!"

Comments: got us more sales!~

Pros: I was using square as my POS for a long time and it worked fine for years I had zero complaints
but something better came along shopify POS ... the reason i decided to switch over (again i had 0 issue w square i loved it) is because my website runs on shopify so its alot nicer to be able to ring customers up and tie it to my website i can then add them to my email list , aesthetically it looks nicer esp on the customers end, i can literally sell items from my website on the go!
love it! helps me track what i sell more of, which makes my job easier!
the fees are decent.

Cons: I did sign up for this when it first came out so I had to "wait" a few weeks before it got to me, which was not a big deal but really was the only con .
no complaints as of yet

• Reviewed on 4/6/2018
Daniel P.
Head of Marketing
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/5/2019

"Fantastic POS Software"

Pros: I love how this software is completely integrated with our Shopify e-com store. This allows me to sell my products at different pop-up events throughout the year. If I didn't have this, I'd be worried about trying to keep track of transactions, keep cash on hand, etc... This makes life easy and simple

Cons: This sin't really a con, but I get worried sometimes that the internet might conk out on my phone. You can't process transactions unless you have a signal, so you're dependent on a good connection. I've been able to work through everything so far, but it is a little scary when it takes a couple of seconds to process a customer's transactions.

• Reviewed on 15/5/2019
Lorie T.
Boutique owner
  • Reviewed on 9/10/2018

"4 year user"

Comments: I have loved using Shopify pos

Pros: Ease of use, that it can be set up on an iPad, wireless scanner capabilities. Easily to do phone orders. Syncs with website

Cons: Returns can tend to be difficult at times due to the new update. Sometimes I only want to do store credit but it will give me an option to put it on their credit card only so we have to manually figure it out. The old version was much better in my opinion.

• Reviewed on 9/10/2018
National Account Manager
  • Reviewed on 19/3/2018

"We use Shopify for eCommerce sales. Some sales are placed via phone that we enter through Shopify."

Comments: Ease of use, communication about accounts is so easy, works great with our accounting software and marketing automation. Shopify has made the CSR team much more effective.

Pros: Ease of use - we used to have magento and it was not easy to use at all. Shopify is simple to place all orders and we love the notes section. The notes allow our CSR team to communicate effectively and efficiently regarding accounts.

Cons: Honestly, we have not found anything that we don't like yet. We also use the marketing automation for our customers which is a great tool.

• Reviewed on 19/3/2018
Michael S.
Owner/Manager
  • Reviewed on 18/7/2017

"Works Great"

Pros: Powerful program. It basically runs our brick and mortar store. All products, financial reports, product sales are all in one place. Accessing by cell phone. lab top or home PC make it invaluable.

• Reviewed on 18/7/2017