15 years helping Irish businesses

About Deel

Hire, pay, and provide benefits to global contractors in minutes.

Learn more about Deel

Pros:

Contractors start operating rapidly so they can begin adding value right away.

Cons:

Not flexible about compliance(most requests are denied).

Deel ratings

4.7
4.6
4.7
4.6

8.9/10

Deel has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 825 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Deel before?

Titus
Titus
Data Analyst Team Leader in Kenya
Consumer Services, 501–1,000 Employees

Deel is revolutionizing the hiring and payment paradigm!

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Wonderful experience so far for the period I have used deel

Pros:

One thing I like with deal is it’s ssl security which gives me a peace of mind that both my information and assets are secure. The user interface is easy to navigate and it gives multiple withdrawals options that basically suits anyone anywhere.

Cons:

Ver good customer support although there is still room to improve the ETR.

3 weeks ago

Hi there, Thank you for your glowing review! We're thrilled to hear that you loved using Deel and that you found our platform easy and convenient to use. We're constantly working to improve our service and hope to exceed your expectations in the future. Best, Deel Team

Ali
Business Development Manager in Egypt
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Deel, International Contractor Portal

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

Basically what has been popping for Deel, is that you can pay international employees directly in a fast and an easy way. Also waiting for their card to be open internationally in my country, I feel this will cut of a lot of hassle for us international contractors.

Cons:

I dislike their customer support team, they are repetitive and uneducated when it comes to providing high customer experience. Also I dislike the fact, that it might shows on their system a certain payment day and it does not arrive until 5 days later, so basically, their system needs to reflect all and everything they speak about, and it should reflect the payment arrival directly.

3 weeks ago

Hi there, We have seen your Capterra review and apologize for any inconvenience you've faced. To better understand your experience and work towards a resolution, we'd appreciate it if you could schedule a call with us at https://cal.com/team/deel-support-team/reviews-complaints-g2. We will actively check your support history to see if there's anything we can help you with before our call. Your satisfaction with Deel's services is our utmost priority, so let’s have a quick chat and improve. Best, Deel Team

Veekshan
AI Consultant Engineer in India
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 11–50 Employees

My experience with Deel

3.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

I started using Deel very recently and this seems a one-stop shop for all the HR services needed for a Freelancer.

Cons:

Getting FIRC for Indian users seems to be a Hassle

2 weeks ago

Hi Veekshan, We truly appreciate your review in Capterra as we strive for excellence. We want to improve your experience and make it exceptional. Your opinion matters a lot to us, and we'd love the opportunity to address any concerns you might have. Please feel free to schedule a 15-minute call with one of our experts at https://cal.com/team/deel-support-team/reviews-complaints-g2. This will help us improve your so far good experience and make it perfect next time. We're here to listen and ensure your experience is nothing short of perfect! Best, Deel

Business Development Associate in Philippines
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 2–10 Employees

Efficiency in using Deel

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

I like how easy and convenient Deel payment is to use. It allows me to securely receive payments from clients all over the world with just a few clicks. The value of Deel for someone working at home is that it simplifies the payment process, saves time, and provides peace of mind knowing that transactions are secure.

Cons:

One thing I dislike about Deel is that their fees can be higher compared to other payment platforms. Additionally, the withdrawal process can sometimes take longer than expected, causing delays in receiving funds. The platform's customer service can also be slow to respond to inquiries or issues, which can be frustrating for users. Overall, while Deel offers convenience, there are some drawbacks that can impact the overall user experience.

Alternatives Considered: Payoneer

Reasons for Switching to Deel: Businesses or individuals may choose Deel over alternative products like Payoneer based on factors such as pricing, features, ease of use, customer service, and specific needs or preferences. It ultimately depends on the individual or business's requirements and priorities when selecting a payment platform.

Venture Capital & Private Equity, 2–10 Employees

Quick and easy payments for freelancers!

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: It's been quick and easy. I get an alert, I withdraw the money, and it's done!

Pros:

The site is not confusing, and everything is easy to set up. The automation helps a lot, and all my employer needs to do is approve the payment monthly, and I receive it. That's it.

Cons:

The offers are a little steep, especially considering most of the offers are for those that are in a financial pinch.

last week

Hi there, Thank you for your glowing review! We're thrilled to hear that you loved using Deel and that you found our platform easy and convenient to use. We're committed to providing excellent services and appreciate your feedback! Best, Deel Team

Josefina
Josefina
HR Supervisor in Argentina

Great Services

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

It´s easy to use, on both sides, as a client and as a contractor. I will recommend this app always, it´s a MUST-have for international companies with WorldWide contractors

Cons:

The fees are sometimes high for the contractors.

Camilo
Camilo
Specialist Creative in Colombia
Design, 201–500 Employees

Fast service to my bank account!

5.0 last month New

Pros:

The fees, fast service and good customer support.

Cons:

They don't have a mobile app yet, but they are working on that.

3 weeks ago

Hello Camilo, Thank you for taking the time to leave a positive review! We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed using Deel. Your feedback means a lot to us! Best, Deel Team

Sherryl
CSR in Philippines
Retail, 51–200 Employees

Deel- you're in good hands

4.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: I've had a great time using deel. All the features are superb! This is the best payroll form so far.

Pros:

The ease of access and the security measures is superb! Not to mention the flex payment and the ontime crediting. I really love deel!

Cons:

None. I don't encounter one so far. All good for me.

James
James
Business Development Representative in Philippines
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 201–500 Employees

Deel is the best

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Eloquent and smooth. Every time I use it’s just awesome!

Pros:

User friendly software and easy to maneuver

Cons:

None so far, it gave me ease of mind when I use it

Fender
Fender
QA ENGINEER in Nicaragua
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Deel for independent contract employee.

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: It was amazing! becase there's a lot of options to use.

Pros:

Is Easy and also Quickly to make my request and secure to use my money.

Cons:

There no mobile application, that is sad to open the browser through my phone.

3 weeks ago

Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to leave a positive review! We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed using Deel. We're constantly working to improve our service and hope to exceed your expectations in the future. Best, Deel Team

Malvika
TA Manager in India
Marketing & Advertising, 51–200 Employees

Simple, efficient and compliant EOR service that is value for money

Comments: Deel was a great EOR partner service platform that delivered quality, value for money service throughout its course. We were extremely satisfied with the customer support team which has been ever responsive and kept up with all our queries at all odd times. Definitely a partner worth working with for all our future international hiring that require contract and payroll support

Pros:

Value for money Ease of use Simple, efficient dashboard systems Responsive Customer Support

Cons:

Over-reliance on customer support for easy doubts or query resolutions

Alternatives Considered: Omnipresent

Reasons for Choosing Deel: For us the previous EOR ran into compliance issues that were affecting both invoices billed to company and consequently payroll run to employees.

Switched From: Multiplier

Reasons for Switching to Deel: We had excellent reviews and had also good relations with team who we were to onboard last year in 2022 but ended up choosing a different partner at the time. For us the choice became simpler when the team helped customize the offering to tailor fit all our requirements while promising and delivering o the promise of remaining compliant

Marvin
Cost Estimator in Honduras
Construction, 11–50 Employees

A very easy to use payment software

Comments: Overall, my experience has been great. My boss asked me to look for ways I could receive payments along with my other team members, I found Deel, and until now, payments are on time, costs are less and we don't have to wait too much time to receive the money on our bank account.

Pros:

I like the fact that I can have a contract and automatically receive my payments on time.

Cons:

I would like to be elegible for a Deel card. Also, the bank where my debit card is associated no longer accept Deel's transactions, but I still can get the money through Swift, which is expensive.

Alternatives Considered: Payoneer

Reasons for Choosing Deel: Costs from PayPal were very high, but the decision was made when the bank didn't accept PayPal no more.

Switched From: PayPal

Reasons for Switching to Deel: Low fees, the hability to have individual contracts and automated invoices. But specially, I read many reviews and were positive.

10 months ago

Hi there, Thank you for your glowing review! We're thrilled to hear that you loved using Deel. We're constantly working to improve our service and hope to exceed your expectations in the future. Best, The Deel Team 🚀

Consumer Goods, 2–10 Employees

If you are small company you don't matter

Comments: They start by getting your company solely on price comparison and once you sign, the honeymoon phase ends and they disappear which is not cool when dealing with global payrolls. After 3 months of no support or answers, I switched to a competitor and I'm not coming back with them.

Pros:

Initially, they show you the software and possible perks and benefits you could get for a lower price point than other competitors (The Software is not that different from all of them), while stating we would have full support which was attractive vs their cost

Cons:

Once you sign, they immediately leave you alone, with no real support whatsoever and difficulties setting everything up

Alternatives Considered: Papaya Global

Reasons for Switching to Deel: Only based on price point and was a HUGE mistake - cheap things are expensive on the long run

Becka
Becka
Chief Operations Officer in US
Entertainment, 11–50 Employees

The best solution for our small company's global-hiring needs remains Deel

Comments: We went with Deel, even though they were slightly more expensive than comparable products, solely for their customer engagement and service factors. They have been a boon to our studio's ability to hire internationally and compliantly, and we could not have done this without them. We consider the Deel teammates assigned to our studio as a part of our overall payroll and HR team and chat with them constantly to better serve our teammates, but also to help improve the overall Deel experience for small businesses like us, who are looking to go global and tap into the talent around the world but lack the means to do it themselves.

Pros:

First and foremost, the customer service is top-notch at Deel. Their teams are responsive, knowledgeable, and also self-aware enough to know when they may not have a ready answer, but they do know how to find and deliver one in a timely manner. We love the flexibility of options for hiring internationally - be it as an EOR or as a contractor but without the overhead of compliance and ensuring we're adhering to international requirements and laws we do not understand. They're also always listening to suggestions about how to provide better services and options, regardless of company size, which as a small company, we greatly appreciate.

Cons:

There are still some rough edges with Deel's billing system and fully fleshing out some optionality within different countries, but while this is something we don't particularly see as a pro - the opportunity that the Deel team has taken to turn cons into wins balances these negatives out. They will work through your understanding and take suggestions -- it's never a "this is it, so deal" from them. They remain collaborative and aware of their weaknesses and areas for improvement. Sometimes billing statements aren't the clearest unless you talk to their support team to decipher them, but we've already seen updates on this front and look forward to continual improvements.

11 months ago

Hey there, Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to leave your feedback. We're committed to providing excellent services and appreciate your feedback. Best, Deel Team

Xiaoyu
HRBP in US
Computer Games, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Best solution when you need to hire someone globally

Pros:

1. An industry leader that entered the market early in terms of international salary and compliance.2. The solutions are relatively comprehensive, with both contractor and EOR options available. There are physical entities in Russia and Belarus, and our services are not outsourced through third parties.3.The platform itself is free, and services are charged. The overall price is low, with no startup fees. Compared to several other suppliers, Deel' prices have an advantage.4. The settlement exchange rate is close to our daily algorithm and is reasonable.5. Invoicing is done on the 25th of each month for settlement, and salaries are paid to employees on the last day of each month, which is more convenient for our internal salary settlement and adjustment.6. It is worth mentioning that [sensitive content hidden], the Sales Consultant we are working with, is one of the main reasons we chose DEEL. He is fluent in both Chinese and English, has a very positive and proactive attitude, responds quickly, provides professional services, and has a professional understanding of payment risks in Belarus and Russia. He will be in charge of our entire project and will also provide us with a customer service team in the future.

Cons:

During our usage, there have been settlement issues due to exchange rate fluctuations, but [sensitive content hidden] was very helpful and we were able to reach a reasonable solution in the end. We haven't thought of any particular issues at the moment.

11 months ago

Hey there, Thank you for sharing your positive experience with our support team. We are thrilled to hear that you received prompt responses and were satisfied with the service provided. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to continuing to provide you with excellent support. Best, Deel Team

Adam
BizDev in US
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Like buying a car, everything is nice till the sale point, from there it's a disaster

Comments: BAD BAD BAD Really bad. Signing up was a pleasure, the pitch sounded perfect, the idea itself is overdue and the promises that were made gave me confidence that this was the best possible solution. Firstly, they charge a calendar monthly service fee no matter when you joined, I joined on the 21st so I still paid in FULL for that month despite getting NO service and no paychecks. Had they disclosed that I would have waited till the first of the next month to join. Their customer service is a non existing joke, they no longer respond at all to my inquiries. The first time I tried to speak to them my message was - "hey, is there a phone number for support?", as I wanted to speak to someone on the phone. Their response was that a ticket was submitted and I will get a response in about 3 days via email....all I asked was if they had a phone number or not...After hours of frustration they PROMISED a supervisor would call me to help, no one ever called. Now, I have a CRITICAL issue with my employee, he got paid his first paycheck no issue, but his next paycheck was due a week ago and never showed up, there is actually a paystub on the Deel platform showing that he got paid on time, but the money was never transferred to his bank. I'm sure these things happen, that's just life, problem is there is NO ONE to speak to, they have not been answering chats in over 4 days, no response at all, no one to email (I tried, got no response) , and they have no phone number...so here we are.

Pros:

I only liked the ideas it promised to do, as it turned out to be a nightmare there is unfortunately nothing left to like.

Cons:

The (lack of) support, very little control over salary, many default options that should not work for most businesses, just one healthcare plan which is mediocre and uncompetitive. The part to least like is simply not getting paid, seeing a pay stub that claims you were paid but nothing to show for in the bank and not a single possibility to communicate with a human about your issue. Also they will charge you a full monthly fee by calendar month no matter what (so you will pay the same for 1 day of service or 30)

Magnus
HR Director in Norway
Internet, 501–1,000 Employees

Modern HR tool to ease remote hires

Comments: We have been a Deel customer for several years, and are overall very happy with the experience. It has made it easier for us to grow in markets were we do not have entities or benefits.

Pros:

I truly like the EOR model of Deel. We have started using this feature more extensively and it has been a success for our ability to hire candidates remotely. We also use the contractor feature that is helpful to us as well, and is a cheaper option.

Cons:

A company that grows changes a lot, and we have had quite a few CSMs over the years we have used Deel. Making building a relationship a bit harder.

Alternatives Considered: Papaya Global

Reasons for Switching to Deel: Price.

Zoltan
Technical Writer in Hungary
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Using Deel for 3 years

5.0 last month New

Pros:

I love the ease of use - everything is straightforward and well documented. I manage my contracts, days off, and get paid through Deel. It's a rare thing in software, but I never really second guess any action I have to do within this platform, as the actions and their outcomes are always pretty obvious. Also shout out to their Support team! They are fast, precise, and do not mind dumb questions.

Cons:

I'd love to use a mobile app, but Deel only has a web application.

3 weeks ago

Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to leave your feedback. We're committed to providing excellent services and appreciate your feedback! Our Deel App is in a building process - stay tuned!

Martin
Owner in Spain
Real Estate, 11–50 Employees

Streamlined Global Hiring and Payroll Made Easy with Deel

Comments: It has significantly reduced the time and effort required for our international hiring and payroll management, allowing us to focus on what matters most - our business.

Pros:

Deel has truly simplified international hiring for my business. Its platform offers seamless compliance and management in over 150 countries, making it easy to hire talent from around the world without the hassle of setting up foreign entities. I particularly appreciate the localized legal contracts and the user-friendly interface.

Cons:

While Deel has greatly improved our global hiring processes, there were times when I felt customer support could have been more responsive.

11 months ago

Hey there, Thank you for your glowing review! We're thrilled to hear that you loved using Deel. We're constantly working to improve our service and hope to exceed your expectations in the future. Best, Deel Team

Šime
Expert contributor in Croatia
Primary/Secondary Education, 201–500 Employees

Deel review

Comments: All in all, I am quite satisfied with the Deel as a product. It works very well and is easy to use.

Pros:

Deel is simple to use. Its features are easily accesible, and they work flawlessly. The payment is always received on time and is the correct amount.

Cons:

Most of the deel features are excellent; however, in my opinion, the only downside is the recently introduced authorization because it takes too much time and is a bit complicated.

10 months ago

Hello, Thank you very much for your positive review! We're happy to hear you've been having a satisfying experience with our product. We wish to provide you with the best possible experience, so if you have any questions about the authorization, please contact our Support team, it is always our pleasure to help. Thank you very much for choosing Deel! Best, Deel Team

Christopher
Director of Finance and Accounting in US
Staffing & Recruiting, 11–50 Employees

Time Saver

Comments: Overall, with normal day to day payments of contractor and employees things go smoothly and work really well with Deel. When there is a hiccup in that, sometimes it can be difficult to resolve. Though at this point the efficiencies improved in day to day operations and payments still outweigh the issues I've run into.

Pros:

Deel setup was done well with a dedicated support person that was incredibly responsive and helpful. To get up and running went pretty smoothly. Their customer service team is very responsive and does their best to solve issues swiftly.

Cons:

There are still some bugs in the software that pop up from time to time.Often teams outside of their customer service team don't have as helpful a mindset.

Alternatives Considered: Pilot ERP and Greenhouse

Reasons for Switching to Deel: Cost, ease of use.

Logistics & Supply Chain, 2–10 Employees

Very bad support - extremely inefficient

Pros:

The concept sounds good - the problem is big and is worth solving - could have an amazing impact

Cons:

Deel sounds really good on paper, the problem they are addressing is important and their impact could be huge on both their clients and their employees. On actuality, Deel failed to meet the minimum expectations every time they were needed.The processing of the visa was delayed multiple times, and the process is full of inefficiencies. The employee is asked to use the portal to upload their documents, the portal looks good and is comprehensive but is never used by the Deel team and the employee is asked for the same information and documents every time.First payroll was delayed, the rest so far has been arriving on time.The health insurance coverage had interruptions and the support to recover insurance was delayed and underwhelming.Every government application where you'll need them will take 10 times the normal time and cost 10 times the normal cost.The support is really lacking, you will need to reach out over chat to a team that has no knowledge nor ability and is always blocked by other teams that you cannot reach to.

Sebastian
Sr Product Manager in Peru
Banking, 11–50 Employees

Best way to get paid and spend worldwide as an international contractor

Pros:

Super easy onboarding and a debit card that I can use worldwide

Cons:

1. No app which makes it a pain especially since I generally use my phone instead of my laptop2. Cannot add cards to Apple/Google Wallet3. Cannot withdraw from ATM

9 months ago

Hey! Thank you for your glowing review! We're thrilled to hear that you loved using Deel. We're constantly working to improve our service and hope to exceed your expectations in the future. Regards, The Deel Team.

Olena
Financial Controller in Cyprus
Computer Games, 201–500 Employees

Playgendary's review

Comments: Overall experience is pleasant

Pros:

User friendly interface, good customer support, flexibility with pricing policy, a lot of information on how to use Deel is available

Cons:

EOR with visa support is expensive (one-off 7k+ for visa application looks over expensive)

11 months ago

Hey therem Thank you for your glowing review! We're thrilled to hear that you loved using Deel. We're constantly working to improve our service and hope to exceed your expectations in the future. Cheers, Deel Team

Monika
Business Operations Lead in Slovakia

CF review

Comments: So far good.

Pros:

One place for invoices, one contact point for EOR in multiple countries, easy to review and approved expenses and payments, good overview of the team. Notification about upcoming public holidays.

Cons:

A bit cumbersome way to get and customize reports, not the easiest way to review and approve expenses if submitted by multiple persons.Unclear contracting conditions (especially for EOR that left within 6 months) and payment structure...but this improved now in Sept with the itemized invoice.

9 months ago

Hello Monika, Thank you for your positive review. We're happy to hear of your positive experience so far with our platform. We truly appreciate your feedback on areas where we can continue to keep improving as well. This has been shared with the team so it can be looked into for a possible future update. Thank you so much for choosing Deel! Best, Deel Team