15 years helping Irish businesses

About HandiSoft

HandiSoft streamlines compliance and strengthens your client relationships with technology to advance your practice.

Learn more about HandiSoft

Pros:

Simple to install and operate. Support staff very helpful.

Cons:

I tried valiantly a few times to venture into this, but the complexity, the lack of ease, the difficulty that requires almost an programming degree, has left me avoiding this at all costs.

HandiSoft ratings

4.4
4.3
4.3
3.7

8.0/10

HandiSoft has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 97 user reviews on Capterra.

Product Rating

Product Rating

Countries

Countries

Usage

Sort by

Have you used HandiSoft before?

VICKI

HANDISOFT WORKS

Comments: HandiSoft has been with me throughout the twenty plus years I've been running my own business. It presents professional reports and I wouldn't change.

Pros:

Handisoft is easy to use and reliable. I've never had cause to use customer support as the program pretty much runs itself.

Cons:

I would like to move to a cloud based version so that I can access my work anywhere.

Tamra

Good effective product

Comments: Ease of use, low rate of error or interruption of service and effective for the purpose of build allowing you to extend the product with ease if needed.

Pros:

Ease of use and flow between modules - makes thigs easier rather than consuming time

Cons:

Our system is server based and over the last two years as the product has become more cloud based the desktop version has lost small funcionality that can provide annoying glitches

Pamela

Disappointing

Comments: Experience over the past 12 months very disappointing.
[SENSITIVE CONTENT] have tried to assist, I comment these 2 staff members, but they are trying to help so many practices that it is difficult I feel for them also.

Pros:

Handitax is good. Handiregister is good.

Cons:

HandiLedger was good but without Accountants Cloud addons required in the new environment, no one wants to rekey data from other programs like Xero. Now we have to buy HandiLedger and Final Accounts. The manuals for the new Final Accounts, Tax in Cloud, Accountants Cloud are poor. Really difficult to train staff on new software and then you are required to pay more for training.

Luke

My Review

Comments: Overall we do enjoy using the software, however better support is a huge bonus for us and could one day be a reason for us to switch to another product.

Pros:

This was an easy to use product that works in well with our business systems.

Cons:

However, when there are any problems with the program or questions we have it is difficult to get in contact with someone who is able to help. The email response is usually received the next day and if it is not the perfect answer or the team don't have follow up questions, it can take up to a week or two to fix something that could have been a 5 minute phonecall.

Owen

Review

Comments: Great experience. Handisoft has helped out my family's accounting business (I am 2nd generation) for many years

Pros:

Have been using this software for 10+ years so am used to the software. I use the old offline software as like being able to work offline if there is internet outages

Cons:

None that I would use as I use other software to perform these features

SABINE
MANAGER in Australia

Handisoft

Comments: Handisoft is the only product we have used. We are only a small practice with 3 full time employees and 1 casual employee. We have not moved to the cloud so I don't know how the products work in the cloud.
We use Practice Manager, Time and Billing, Handiledger, Handiregister, Handitrust and Handitax. We are happy with the products and have no intention of changing.

Pros:

I like practice manager because it brings everything together in one place. I like the workpapers facility. Although we do not use the workpapers provided by the workpapers program, it enables us to attach our own work papers. I like that we can store documents electronically. It is the only accounting software I have used and I am happy with it so I have never looked at any other software.

Cons:

It is not that I like it the least, it is that I know the least, and that is how to get a lot of the reports that you can get from the software. However, everytime there is a presentation, or some tips and hints are emailed in a newsletter, there is always something new learnt. As mentioned previously, one of the hardest things to do, is changing the way you do things, even though something can be done in an easier way. Implementing change takes time.

Sole Practitioner tax practice in Australia

Handitax for sole practitioner

Comments: Overall I am extremely satisfied with handitax and even though it is expensive with other options in the market place, would not consider changing, given the proven technical correct tax reporting over 25-years. Plus in recent years HandiSoft has given me a discount for my long term loyalty to the product

Pros:

A good logical menu layout and most importantly there is a support team available to answer any issues that may arise. However I would on average contact Support no more than five times a year. Probably a product of my 25-years of familiarity with handitax, from one year to the next the change in functionality is only minor and where there are changes to any reporting, relatively easy to work out (as a general rule)

Cons:

Least like the PDF document saving function that does not remember where the last document is saved, continually points to the HSOFT folder when you have just saved a document in your client folder and you want the next document, when creating a series of client docs (finance application), to go to the same client folder

Malcolm
Malcolm

+20 Years, Now overpriced, Cloud lacks functions

Comments: The overall cost for us had increased upto $10k p/a in 2019, and refusing to pay that much for software, i ceased using various modules to bring the cost down to $6-7k. For the 2021 tax year, i tried integrating to Handitax Cloud and Final Accounts, what a complete waste of time and changed back to server version. Have just looked agains for 2022 tax season and still lacks functionality, therefore not likely to move over to cloud once again. Am now looking for alternative tax and financial preparation software

Pros:

The database integration on the server version between modules is seemless. Easy product to install, setup and use.

Cons:

No features that would enhance the server version. With Handisoft Tax cloud, the integration was a disaster. The cloud functionality is pale in comparasion to server version. Various things did not integrate and transfer over, like spouse details. The cloud lacks basic fnunctions that all accountants will need. You can not delete clients if the tax return has been lodged that was transferred over form server version.

Sue

Long term user

Comments: Our overall experience is very good that's why we've not changed.

Pros:

We have been using Handisoft since around 2003 when we moved from another provider. We find it easy to use however do struggle at times to keep up to date with new features. We would like to see more updates explaining new features and ways in which they can be used. If we were aware of them we'd probably utilize them a lot more.

Cons:

In Handiledger there is Graphs option however it only reports on balances for 1 year by month. As we don't use Handiledger on a daily basis for any clients, this feature is useless. I'd like to see an overview facility that shows comparisons year on year in a graphical way. This would be useful for us when doing annual sign off meetings with clients.

Work Ethics

Comments: Have used Handisoft since the early 1990's and since the inception of ELS and SBR systems and it has always been an integral part of my business structure. Have had staff working with me in the past and they found it easy to pick up and use in a proper manner.

Pros:

The Product is very easy to use even for a "newey" with self explanations if in doubt and errors being flagged and explained to the use, almost like having a tutor in your presence. It fits in and is an inntegral part of my business ethics and workings .

Cons:

The only downside to the software I have ever found is the is the number of characters allowed on a line of imput. In some instances it won't allow full use of the space allotted and just cuts you out of typing.

Tom

Review of Handitax

Comments: I only use Handitax, The other products are not used because I use a contract Bookkeeper who has MYOB & Xero. With my small practice it is not financially viable to use the other product.

Pros:

I have used product for many years & found it to be easy to use

Cons:

Because I am only working Part Time I find the Annual costs to be a burden. It is higher higher than some other Tax Software, however, the work involved in transferring to another fund is prohibitive.

Sandra
Proprieter in Australia

Handisoft - Tax Practitioner Software

Comments: After 25yrs I have changed my Tax Software& my Time & Billing Software & Superfund Software. Mostly due to the cost of the software. I have since found the software I have swapped to has better functionality as well. I have also found the software support is not as good as it used to be.

Pros:

I like the fact that it is a well integrated system if you get several modules. Easy to install on desktop & workstations. Mostly user friendly.

Cons:

The online Appstream Access is very slow to load up & is more susceptible to internet speeds or congestion. SuperFund software is not very practical for SMSF's with real property acquisitions & sales.

Peter

Accountants Reveiw

Comments: It is a nice program to use, just a little dated with its features.

Pros:

It is very user friendly, however many reports are available, considering the amount paid. Such as the Cash Flow Report never balances, there are no management style reports. (such as GP%, NP% etc)

Cons:

All the updates, every time there is one, it costs money as the PC contractor has to install, and often they are sent a few days apart for the different modules, such as H/tax on one day, then a few days later H/ledger.

Kathy
Manger in Australia

No title

Comments: Better than my last experience with MYOB AE

Pros:

Ease of data entry and ability to drill down and edit transactions.

Cons:

HandiTax - working out why error messages appear can be difficult and time consuming and not always logical ie problem arises in a seeminlgly unrelated area. Inability to make and save changes to notes to the accounts and invoices

john
owner in Australia

product review

Comments: helps in running a successful practice

Pros:

have been using handi tax, time management and corporate software since the product was first released. whilst there are a few small issues with the some of the reporting functions, there could be a few additional options, basically we are very happy with all aspects of the software packages.

Cons:

there could be some small tweaks to the reporting particularly in Time and billing

Merrilyn
Owner/ Operator in Australia
Accounting, Self Employed

Small accounting practices- software review

Comments: Very good for what I use it for and would and have recommended it to small users like myself.

Pros:

Ease of installation, use and updating of various packages. When I have found it necessary to contact Handisoft for assistance, the wait time is almost infinitessimal c.f. the ATO. The staff are generally very knowledgeable and able to help in a timely manner. They have also been polite and patient on the occasions I have rung the support line.

Cons:

My biggest gripe is the editing of the financial and/ or auditing reports. Converting to Word without the right software can be a nightmare.

Melanie

Handisoft

Comments: Using the ledger and tax is easy and user friendly. As it is a desktop operation there is not an issue if the internet is down.

Pros:

The main benefit of the software is the presentation of the Financials and the ease of use.

Cons:

The feature that i least like is that the software is expensive to add on other modules when other provides are offering additional modules for free.

Leann
Accounting, 2–10 Employees

A great, user friendly option for small practices

Pros:

A great, user friendly option for small practices, the inital upfront cost of software was a lot less than similar products.

Cons:

The handiledger product was a bit more less user friendly and could sometimes be frustrating when navigating reports.

Lois

Handisoft review

Comments: In the over 20 years that I have been using the Handisoft products I cannot fault any of them. They are very helpful in my practice.

Pros:

All the features of this product are very helpful in my accounting practice

Cons:

There is nothing that I do not like with this software. Its the best for all my office needs.

Lionel

Handi Soft

Pros:

We have been using this system for 10 years and are comfortable with its functionality

Cons:

Difficulty in reporting errors in the system in the past, this seems to have been better recently

Mary

Sound, reliable product.

Comments: I have been using Handitax for over twenty years. I have stayed with them, despite the lure of the online tax software suppliers because of their phone support.

Pros:

Ease of set up. Usually good back up support.

Cons:

Errors are sometimes difficult to intepret.

Justine
Accountant/Director in Australia

Handisoft in our practice

Comments: Great program that I have been using for over 10 years

Pros:

This software is customisable so you only need to pay for the modules you require and it is easy to use once you have learnt what it can do for you.

Cons:

Does have some issues with compatibility with some online softwares.

ANH
Tax accountant in Australia
Accounting, Self Employed

It is a easy to use the software.

Comments: Once you know the software it is easy to use because it all ready set up for you to use. The support team is useful to help you if you have questions.

Pros:

I find it is easy to use and helpful support.

Cons:

very difficult to set up the client tax return cover.

Donna
Sole Practitioner in Australia

Great product

Comments: I have been with Handisoft for over 20 years. It is good enough that I do not bother to change software.

Pros:

This software is relatively easy to use and good value for money.

Cons:

I find it difficult to adjust/create my own personalised reports.

Jocelyn
Partner in Australia

Handisoft

Pros:

Sage is reliable, the products are easy to use. The software enables us to manage our business needs effectively.

Cons:

It's not easy customising reports and knowing how to use the filters correctly.