15 years helping Irish businesses

About Houzz Pro

Houzz Pro is the #1 project management and marketing software for residential contractors and design professionals.

Learn more about Houzz Pro

Pros:

Nice integration with other productivity apps.

Cons:

I don't like the fact we don't receive enough matches, wrong match or no response back after we respond.

Houzz Pro ratings

4.2
4.4
4.2
4.1

7.8/10

Houzz Pro has an overall rating of 4.4 out 5 stars based on 878 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Houzz Pro before?

Micheal
Micheal
General Contractor in Canada
Construction, 2–10 Employees

houzz pro maturing to another level

Comments: iniatialy used as a way to get homeowners leads its moving to an all professional construction software but still with limitations for Canada

Pros:

Multiple functions CRM applications look and feel

Cons:

For Canadians the product does not carry all the functionality and is still a little clunky

Michelle
General Contractor in US

Overall great software

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

The estimating feature. We love the options we can adjust to customize our estimates to fit our business's needs.

Cons:

That the estimates can't be permanently locked for the clients. The estimate is a live link so if you don't change the settings back before a client re-clicks the link, they can see all your internal prices. Also, the floorplan layout is great but lacking in options for finishes and it would be lovely to have a deck/screen porch feature.

last week

Thank you for your feedback Michelle! The customization options available on Estimates, include the ability to hide columns from your client. Even after sharing an estimate with a client, you can always go back to Edit mode to check your internal prices without affecting the client view. If you mark certain columns as hidden from the client, they will not be visible to the client. If this didn't address your question sufficiently or you have more feedback please feel free to contact me - Shoshana

Rita
Interior Designer - Project Manager in Canada

Houzz Pro pros & cons

3.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall, Houzz Pro is valued for its ability to streamline business operations, enhance client communication & facilitate marketing efforts within the home design & remodeling industry. I like Houzz with all its tools & customer support. There's still a way to pave but they're getting there!

Pros:

First & foremost, I liked the fact that Houzz Pro combines design & project management tools in the same platform! It is good for its comprehensive set of instruments designed specifically for home design & remodeling professionals like myself. It offered me strong project management tools that helped me organize & track all aspects of my projects, from initial client contact to final invoicing.

Cons:

As an Interior Designer using Houzz Pro, I found the cost of the platform, the learning curve for my new interns & the delays in responses (difficulty in getting timely assistance) are real drawbacks of Houzz Pro. Design tools have glitches all the time. It frustrated me in the beginning especially with client's appointments for presentations. I made it a habit to contact my Account Manager in order for him to raise the issue to the technical team. That usually took time to fix, nonetheless they're rallying to get better at it.

Kathleen
Interior Designer in US

My target audience uses Houzz, so I use HouzzPro

Comments: Overall, it's been a positive experience, and I recommend it to other interior designers. It's great to have this industry-specific functionality and connection to the primary platform that homeowners to go to for inspiration. My clients enjoy their dashboard functionality.

Pros:

I like that it's developed for common tasks and processes of an interior design firm and that it integrates with QuickBooks. I like that the development team is constantly asking for feedback and making improvements. I like my Account Rep and can rely on him to help me resolve issues quickly - he's top notch! I like the new Selection Board functionality.

Cons:

The monthly subscription fee covers the use of HouzzPro and being listed in Houzz as an interior designer in my target market. I pay 5x the monthly QuickBooks Online subscription amount for HouzzPro. I get very few leads from Houzz. So I am evaluating the use of it going forward. Even after improvements in the floorplanning and mood board functionality in HouzzPro, we still use 3rd party apps for those things since they have better functionality for what we need (i.e., my iGuide scans can download into my 3rd party floorplanning software, etc.)

Ryan
CEO in US

Game Changer

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: We are a small, growing company. Houzz has made it so much easier to manage my projects. It also provides a professional look for my clients. I am very happy with the program and all the constant improvements being made.

Pros:

Everything I need is all conveniently located in this one App. From customer acquisition all the way to billing and even renderings.

Cons:

Most of the problems I've found have been resolved. There was a point in time where the estimates were frustrating because of the constant saving. But I have not noticed that issue anymore.

last week

Thanks Ryan, great to hear you are noticing the constant improvements we are making!

Elias
COO in US
Construction, 11–50 Employees

Houzz Pro the Pro for Pros

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Great experience with Houzz Pro and with the customer service.

Pros:

Our organization moved from another system to Houzz Pro primarily for the ease of use for the field team members. The one stop shop

Cons:

not the same capabilities on the app vs desktop version.

last week

Elias - thanks for the great feedback - would love to hear how we can make the app work better for your team - please reach out anytime - Liza

President in US
Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

Houzz Pro is a complete waste of money

Comments: awful. Worst experience I have had with any vendor.

Pros:

Nothing! I could not be more dissatisfied with Houzz Pro. Their "Client Success Managers" do nothing, and certainly have no interest in your success. We were trapped into a second year of subscription. We have received literally no leads from their service other than what appears to be bogus ones from which no one ever replied. They will take your hard earned money and offer no relief at all. I would urge all business owners to avoid using Houzz Pro under any circumstances. They just want to take your money and could not care any less about the value you get, or more likely, don't get. Please do not make the same mistake we did.

Cons:

They tell you that you will get leads, but you won't. They deliver absolutely no value. A complete waste of money!

5 months ago

John, please contact us asap so can address this right away. I'm providing our senior management contact information.

Isabel
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Switched over from a differnt software and I'm glad I did so.

5.0 last week New

Comments: I have been loving it and do not plan on switching anywhere else anytime soon. The old software that I used in the past would lag so much when I would type and it was so annoying and complicated to use. Houzz has made my life so much easier and I

Pros:

The ease of use, price and how the website is formatted overall. It's very clean, not confusing, very organized.

Cons:

I have no complaints with Houzz Pro so far.

Ashley
Director of Operations and Interior Design in US
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Game Changer for a small business!

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Great, Easy setup. Very intuitive and user-friendly.

Pros:

The 3D scan and rendering have been game changers for us as sales tools.

Cons:

The limited options in the source catalog for the 3D renderings.

last week

Thanks for the feedback Ashley - we are working to bolster the product options in 3D

Wilfredo

Elmont Capital LLC

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: I’m happy with the software. Helps me keep records of my projects and estimates

Pros:

It’s an easier software than QuickBooks

Cons:

Needs more templates so that’s it’s more competitive

Sara
Principal Designer in US

Value for the cost

Comments: I have been with them since the beginning, and seen many versions of this. I adore the people who work with us when there are glitches, wish there were less glitches and that new versions were highly tested before being let loose but appreciate the open dialogue with the company. The product is only getting better and grateful for what it can do for us.

Pros:

The project based software is a a must for our business. There are many features the program offers but what we use this for largely is project selection, proposals, and invoicing with clients.

Cons:

In any software system there is always room for improvement, overall I love that the team is constantly working to improve and seeking input from the users on how to improve. Are there things I wish this could do now that would make our life easier, YES, but overall ok with the way things are working and getting used to the newest version.

Charlotte
Interior Designer / Owner in US
Construction, Self Employed

HouzzPro is invaluable to my growing business

Comments: HouzzPro allows me to have one dedicated program for my interior design projects. New features roll out all the time based on requests from designers.

Pros:

My favorite tool is the Augmented Reality walk through. Every time a client sees my designs with this feature, all hesitation or nervousness on making major changes melts away. It gives them the confidence to visualize the end result right from the start. They love their finished spaces before the first hammer swings. It is an invaluable tool - and I can create them fast! I like to scan the existing spaces, but I could also upload my .dwg files.Another of my favorite features is the Client Dashboard. It is a dedicated space for communication, documentation, financial payments, daily logs and timeline. They can review the project from anywhere on their devices and all the information is in one place. Clients get the convenience of texting and I don't have my professional texts mixed in with personal texts. Plus, all our communication is visible for my whole team to review.

Cons:

Some of the features are designed by software engineers with little regard to how many clicks it takes for a user to get to the detail they want to update. They are working on that & are very responsive to this type of feedback.

Matthew
Matthew
VP Sales in Canada
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Beware, not the end all that you are promised.

Comments: Pressure, a word that accurately describes the sales tactics after you subscribe to purchase the extras needed to supposedly make it all work.

Pros:

3d plans, estimating. And customer info management.

Cons:

Does not mesh well with quick books Canada. We participated in an hour long survey for a 100.00$ credit. It took 8 messages to support and 3 months to recieve.We have been ghosted on asking to cancel for 3 weeks now. FYI they cancel support tickets after 48 hours.Change orders are horrible, FYI will not hold up in a Nova Scotia court. Unable to adjust invoices if posted. Lots of spam.They promise you the moon only to find out you need to pay +600.00$ more a month to use the lead generation part.Pricing increases of 40$ this month per user.Better solutions exist for less money. It's really not Canadian friendly.

Jonathan
owner in US
Think Tanks, Self Employed

Honest Feedback

Comments: My clients love it and for basic invoicing and estimates, i can create and submit quickly and easily in the field. Im taking very little work home now.

Pros:

It was quick to set up and start to collect. Payment integration is very good with this program

Cons:

For simple tasks, its very intuitive. But going deeper requires some help. As a one man show, I'm not at a desk from 9-5. I cant seem to keep an ongoing dialouge with the help center. If i dont respond very quickly they close the ticket. Im left with scheduling an actual appointment. which means not only do i need to stop production, but also that i need to find a quiet "coffee house usually" placeto set up and get logged in in order to answer a question. Its terribly frustrating.

Gil
President in US
Construction, Self Employed

Houzz Pro review

Comments: I find it to be a fairly priced, powerful suite of tools for small companies.

Pros:

I like that it's a suite of tools - everything in one place.

Cons:

Deficiencies - at least for the project types I work on - with the editing capabilities of the estimate tool

4 months ago

Thanks for the feedback Gil - would love to hear more on how we can improve the estimate editing capabilities. I'm sending you my contact information directly - Liza

Miranda
Interior Designer in US

10/10 Recommend Houzz Pro for Designers

Comments: Houzz is a very easy platform to learn. I love being able to create proposals and present room boards to my clients all in one place. One of the best features is the chat option where a team member quickly gets back to me with any question I have, no matter how small. I have even seen Houzz make changes to its user interface based on feedback from pro accounts, making me feel heard and valued. Thanks for everything!!

Pros:

My favorite features of Houzz Pro is the proposal and invoicing system. I can turn a room board into a proposal with one click and can customize any proposal to show as much or as little as I want! Once a proposal is approved, I simply turn it into an invoice with one button and send it off to collect payment. So easy breezy!I also have to mention that the chat system connects you with a real person, not a bot. This makes THE MOST difference compared to other management systems. I will never take this feature for granted.

Cons:

It was a bit of a learning curve to figure out where everything was that I wanted to access. Some functions weren't as intuitive as others. Thankfully, the chat button makes this so much easier! Whenever I have felt "lost" learning this system, someone gets back to me in a few minuets with a solution or answer to my question.

Kaley
Director of Business in US

Houzz Pro is a Solid Option

Pros:

Love the ease of use - it's a very intuitive software on the whole. It has most everything we need from an proposal/invoicing/client database side. (We use it along with Basecamp, which is our project manager software). The reporting feature is nice, as well. Reasonably priced and wonderful customer support!

Cons:

There are definitely some features that we feel are missing within this software. It would be nice to have a little more customization options when creating proposals/invoices with regards to adjusting line spacing, how large our company logo appears on the document, etc. You also cannot have an invoice with a negative amount (we don't have negative amounts too often, but every once in a while we need to refund a client and have a corresponding invoice that shows it). It'd also be nice to be able to make a templated proposal, so we can just use that to create a new one that already has a lot of the items in it that we use on most proposal - have to start from scratch every time creating a new invoice or proposal. We also bill in a cost + % format. It'd be nice to be able to ask for percentage amounts instead of just having dollar amount options for line items - for example, having the line item at the bottom be able to calculate a percentage of all the line items above it. But, all in all, these are smaller things and obviously not enough of a deterrent for us and we us Houzz Pro for our business and do enjoy it. Think it's a great software and is at a reasonable price.

Ewa

Great for Interior Designers

Comments: Very happy

Pros:

Industry-specific features make it a great solution for interior designers. Wonderful personalized support from the Houzz Team, is always appreciated.

Cons:

The virtual site-measure tool needs improvement - not sure if the technology is there yet, but as is it requires that the measure options are on the same level - easy with empty spaces, hard when there are furniture pieces in the way. Can't wait for that tool to improve in the future!

2 years ago

Thank you for your review, Ewa. I'm very happy to hear Houzz Pro and your dedicated success manager have been great resources to you as an interior designer. If you'd be willing to connect with me, I would like to hear more of your feedback on our floor planner to take that input back to our product team. -Isaiah Brown, Houzz Pro Community Manager

Dominik
Project Manager in UK

Do not recommend

Pros:

N/A - (for the service that I intended to use this platform, I did not find any positives as I did not get any leads, therefore for me, no pros.

Cons:

Despite being a customer of Houzz since early beginnings in London from 2017, I have to say that I always found the Houzz platform very useful, somewhat like you would Facebook if you will. Enjoyable tool that definitely does not need to be paid, but can somewhat benefit. However I have for long considered opting for the advertising on their platform as it promised alluring client leads that would be coming and I would get more business, who would not want that? Sadly, long story short after almost 10 months of service and receiving 3 measly leads that were not even for the service that we provide, I have to conclude that this was (and sadly still is!!!) a complete waste of money for us. We have not go one good lead where we could generate any revenue. I was being told that the "magical system of Houzz" requires at least 6 months commitment which is why they try to lock you in for 12 months. Needless to say, this is purely so they can get the profit that they need for running their ads, and 6 months did not change anything. I am extremely disappointed as a frequent user of their platform prior this membership I was quite happy, even though we have never received any leads directly I was glad to promote our work. However now, when paying for this service in a locked 12 month contract and still getting the same amount of leads - NONE than before, I really feel repulsed by the platform, that does not bring me anything just invoices. I hope that anyone who is on the fence and is thinking about their services, thinks 10x times before going ahead. Remember, you are singing for 12, very, looong months of invoices with abosutely 0% change of getting anything in return. Hope this helps someone, like I wish someone would have told me beforehand. All the best Dom

Carolina
Interior and textile Designer in Puerto Rico
Design, Self Employed

Easy software for project management

Comments: In general, my experience has been good compared to other software that I have used, the price is a little high considering that they offer an app but it does not give 100% of the offers.
anyway they are always making improvements!

Pros:

Definitely my favorite software tool is the ease of creating product spec sheets. I also like that the client can interact on the platform approving and disapproving products.

Cons:

- The client usually doesn't have time, so the least I liked so far is that the mobile application doesn't work the same as the desktop version. Even for me when I am working outside my desktop and I need quick access it is not possible, for example you cannot access 100% of the dashboard from the app, the board products do not appear in the mobile app. - The client does not have access to the product links unless I manually copy the link into the description.

Stacy
Owner, Lead Designer in US
Design, 2–10 Employees

Houzz makes my business operate smoothly and teaches me how to run it smarter!

Comments: I've been very happy with this program. As a designer I've tried several platforms and this one is the easiest to use, the most updated and offers the most options for the work that I do. There is so much in this program that I can learn to make my business even smarter and I am anxious to learn it all. Meanwhile, my billing and project organization runs like a top and that makes me less stressed!

Pros:

I love all the resources for learning how to run my business smarter and smoother. I love the look of it and how easily it integrates into the other tools I use to run my business. Paying bills and managing my many design projects is so much easier and so organized all in one spot.

Cons:

The hardest part for me is learning how to use all the tools and then getting my clients to onboard with them. Billing is a breeze, but not all clients want to use a dashboard setting and I struggle to get them to the platform. My biggest hurdle is myself and taking the time I should to learn everything Houzz can do.

Annette
VP Marketing / Operations in US
Architecture & Planning, 2–10 Employees

"Marketing, Production and Financial Tools that show promise for professionals"

Comments: We started the Houzz Pro subscription to update our professional profile, create a new website and give ourselves more exposure. All of these goals have been achieved and we feel our overall experience with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been a pleasure. As a former creative director, I directed her with my vision to see through every detail of the profile, our projects and the website design/content.

Pros:

Learning and using the Leads and Projects features/functions has been a good way to track jobs as long as you have a dedicated person managing it. Some of the other tools like mood boards and 3D tools have not been tested out yet, but seem like they would add value working with clients in the future.

Cons:

1. The fact that you can't print out leads details has been a challenge and should be made available. Taking a screen capture to then print out is added time. 2. When scheduling project tasks, I would also like to print out the detail and hours for each task entered. This would help with sending out monthly invoices on jobs and tracking employee tasks. 3. Many times a lead comes in and we respond, but then Houzz Pro sends out an email to us to ask if we've followed up? 4. I found out from our accountant that QBonline does not integrate with QBdesktop. So, while we like the Estimate, Invoices and Change Order tools provided by Houzz Pro, we still need to have our bookkeeper "re-enter" these once a month into QBdesktop to keep track of everything. So this adds some extra time too.

3 years ago

Annette, thank you for your detailed feedback! We're constantly improving Houzz Pro, and input like yours is completely invaluable in that process. Should you ever run into any issues, please reach out to us at http://help.houzz.com. -The Houzz Pro Team

Gustavo
Marketing Manager in US
Architecture & Planning, 11–50 Employees

Pearl Remodeling

Comments: We think Houzz Pro is rapidly evolving and we believe it can beat the level of service that Yelp or other local listings have to offer.

Pros:

Our company likes the analytical information, lead generation information, and the profile settings given to us. The information we receive is valuable such as addresses, phone numbers, project information, and metrics we can use to create strategies for our company.

Cons:

Although we do receive valuable information, we wish it was easier to download it into a pdf or an excel document. Additionally, we wish the layout of the incoming leads was organized a different way so we can easily see information quickly or sort leads by month, project types, and etc. We wish we could obtain emails of the leads we receive to build an email list. The ultimate dream would be for Houzz to connect to our CRM program Builder's Trend.

3 years ago

Hi, Gustavo, thanks for the detailed review and feedback! Houzz Pro itself has extensive CRM capabilities that meet a lot of the needs you're looking for! Your customer success manager can walk you through those capabilities, and we hope you'll agree they'll exceed your expectations. -The Houzz Pro Team

Laurie
Principal designer in Canada
Design, Self Employed

A review from an avid user

Comments: Offer 3D design now, invoice génération for purchases appear very professional, mood boards are easy to use and handy, my customer service manager [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is excellent and knowledgeable and a pleasure to work with. Tech support has not always been great at all but it has improved

Pros:

Most impactful was the design software and mood boards and 3D option to show myself and clients. It was easy to on-board Houzz pro - Ivy is useful and reliable

Cons:

The Houzz pro software design program is still buggy and missing key items such as stairs and a fireplace. Bugs need to be fixed as I have lost floor plans and needed to regain trust in the program. Would be great to be able to customize specific furniture pieces into program and also, if Houzz could be more Canadian friendly, it would go a long way towards improvement. The lead generation is not great so far. Need better quality and legitimate leads to justify what I pay. Most are not interested in any design service and just playing around with the program. They do not return my call when I follow up. I almost have stopped follow up as it takes time and is. It rewarded

Nicola
Director, Marketing in US
Construction, 11–50 Employees

Back end user interface needs work

Comments: The front end of Houzz looks professional and is great visually to showcase projects. I like that paying for services in Houzz Pro now enables short project videos to be created for projects. Overall, Houzz and Houzz Pro feel totally disconnected and like two totally different tools that don't actually "speak" to one another.

Pros:

The visuals on Houzz are great. We only use Houzz Pro to support or company marketing.

Cons:

We only use Houzz/Houzz Pro for marketing purposes and do not use it as a CRM, project management, estimating or take off tool. I do not like that the back end interface for setting up service areas and scope has to be changed manually and individually for each subscription (rather than apply changes to all service areas). Also, new projects default to the end of the projects list. They should default to newest first as dragging from the bottom of a list of 80 pages is time consuming. There are too many sub menus within each subscription. So, for example, in the public profile set up in Houzz, our scope of services is easy to manage and regularly updated, but it is not replicated in Houzz Pro subscriptions so you have to manually go in and update each one. Overall, there are just too many places to have to update the same information and be clear about what it being pulled from where in Houzz Pro for the public profile and for pro directory. We are yet to see results of paying for Houzz Pro.