15 years helping Irish businesses

Naylor Job Board & Career Center Reviews

About Naylor Job Board & Career Center

Built exclusively for associations, Naylor gives your association the tools needed to connect members, job seekers & employers.

Learn more about Naylor Job Board & Career Center

Pros:

This software is very easy to use. It runs itself and we get profits with little work involved.

Cons:

I find it difficult to get a copy of a previous job posting.

Naylor Job Board & Career Center ratings

4.3
4.5
4.2
4.2

7.9/10

Naylor Job Board & Career Center has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 33 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Naylor Job Board & Career Center before?

Boxwood Job Board

Pros:

The customer service behind the Boxwood Job Board makes it easy to make changes, ask questions, or inquire about new features to add to the board. The team behind Boxwood is awesome. All of our job posters have an easy time posting jobs and the reporting feature behind the scenes is intuitive and user friendly to to navigate.

Cons:

The user interface on the admin dashboard side is a little outdated and could look better - but the data is all there!

5 years ago

Good afternoon, Thank you for your review and kind words! We have shared your feedback with the career center development team since insight from platform users like you helps us to improve the product for everyone. If there is anything we can do to help your association with their career center needs, please let us know. The Naylor Career Center Team

Peter
Principal in US
Publishing, 2–10 Employees

Boxwood/Naylor delivers a solid quality job board.

Comments: The job board is all about increasing revenue from my site visitors and I've worked with Boxwood for over a decade and find like them and trust them. I've been approached by their competitors with better deals then they offered me (at the time) and I value the way they've worked with me, their reliability, ethics and trustworthiness.

Pros:

It is reliable, has a decent user interface, the server is reliable and delivers an all-around good user experience. I like that they include social features.

Cons:

I find the company has been a bit of a lagger when it comes to market and technology opportunities. That might be because of the network I'm in -- associations -- being very conservative in adapting to change. But I think the product could have evolved to have more social features incorporated in the job board to get users much more engaged than simply searching jobs, applying for ones they like and --at best -- setting up alerts.

5 years ago

Hi Peter, Thank you for your thorough review, kind words, and feedback. We have shared your feedback with the career center development team since insight from platform users like you helps us to improve the product for everyone, specifically from your Cons section. If there is anything we can do to help your association with their career center needs, please let us know. The Naylor Career Center Team

Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Beware of Naylor. Their service has greatly deteriorated in recent years and they have stopped paying their job board partners.

Comments: Naylor has had a major change in staff. From the support people to a VP I worked with, everyone has left and all of the major job board clients in the network have left Naylor for their competitor (only a few association chapters have not left Naylor). The contact I have at the company was not very responsive for several months, not returning emails or phone calls, until one day, I caught him on the phone and offered in an attempt to help Naylor win back clients. He acknowledged that he is overwhelmed and even agreed via email that Naylor is not acting ethically by not paying us. I don't know if Naylor is struggling to stay afloat and near bankruptcy or what the excuse is for not paying us for more than a year -- engaging in the unethical practices they have engaged in. All I know is that for more than a year they have refused to pay us and still operate our job board and collect money from clients. Of course, I am speaking with another company to work on transitioning away from Naylor. They have not expressed any interest in resolving the matter and paying us what is due in numerous attempts that I have made.

Pros:

I've worked with Naylor and the company they purchased, Boxwood, for 19 years. Boxwood had been a great company to deal with, always helpful, friendly, and a good partner. All of the employees I worked with from Boxwood have been replaced and the service with Naylor has dramatically declined to unacceptably poor levels.

Cons:

The company refuses to pay the revenue due from our job board as they are supposed to do in our agreement. They have not paid anything for more than a year. They randomly changed the name on a check around one year ago so that the check could not be cashed, refused to change it back and have stopped issuing any checks after that. Our rep acknowledges that what they are doing is wrong / unethical, but says he cannot get Naylor to issue a check as they have done for two decades prior to this (that is considering Boxwood, the company the acquired, as part of that time).

Wendy
Career Services Manager in US
Higher Education, 11–50 Employees

Academy of Management Review of Boxwood Job Board

Comments: Boxwood's Job Board provides more transparency for us to make financial decisions while pulling the monetary information in a timely fashion. We can also run our statistics and/or export the data collected from the recruiters/job seekers more easily which has been a big win. In addition to the Job Board being a better product, the customer service provided by our client rep has been outstanding. She is very hands-on with introducing potential new revenue streams, timely with responses/requests, and has taken the time to get to know our end users so we never feel forgotten.

Pros:

The ease of use as an admin has been refreshing. I run/export reports frequently so its great to have this resource at my fingertips. I've also been excited about the Career Fair option. We used it for the first time this year and minus a few bumps, this option was exactly what we needed to replace our manual process of table assignment.

Cons:

Because we have multiple options for recruiters during our recruiting season (table, room, additional ads, upgrades, banners) not having a shopping cart for recruiters made the process cumbersome as they had to keep adding their credit card information to keep purchasing products. Recruiters need to access ads/career fair that ad agencies have posted on their behalf. Recruiters need to access their ad/CVs/scheduler during our career fair and this was not easily achievable if the agency placed the ad.

5 years ago

Hi Wendy, Thank you for your thorough and candid review. We have shared your feedback, highlighting on sections of the Cons section, with our development team since insight from platform users like you helps us to improve the product for everyone. Your kind words regarding your account manager and the customer service are greatly appreciated and have been passed on, as well. If there is anything we can do to help your association with their career center needs, please let us know. The Naylor Career Center Team

Belinda
Career Services Assistant in US

Feedback for Boxwood Job Board

Comments: Overall customer service from Boxwood is exceptional. I personally have worked with them for the past 5 years and have always had nothing but pleasant experiences. They are always looking to help our association evolve in the rapidly changing healthcare environment.

Pros:

This software is very user friendly and easy to navigate across the board. I can impersonate members of our association hassle free, and I always have every report available to pull statistics when needed.

Cons:

Sometimes it is difficult to comprehend the verbiage used in the reports.

5 years ago

Hi Belinda, Thank you for your candid and kind feedback. We're so pleased to know that you have had a pleasant experience, year-over-year, for many years now. If there is anything we can do to help your association with their career center needs, please let us know. The Naylor Career Center Team

Janis
Director of Member Services in US

Boxwood - Non Dues Revenue

Comments: I always get an immediate response from the Boxwood employees when asking for assistance with the board. Our company has never had a problem with Boxwood.

Pros:

Prior to using this software, we were posting job openings in our magazine, but so many times, we could not meet the needs of our members as we were always a month ahead for our magazine to be sent out. So posting a job in November would not assist those wanting it posted for October.

Cons:

Our members can post a job attaching their logo and/or sending the applicant directly to their human resource department. Our members may post a job for one month +.

5 years ago

Hi Janis, Thank you for your review. If there is anything we can do to help your association with their career center needs, please let us know. The Naylor Career Center Team

Merikokeb
Website Manger in US

Perfect Sofware

Comments: The job board added a great value to our company and members. It makes it one stop shop for our members. When they come to our website to look for information they will see they can post a job as well and it is a great value to us.

Pros:

Easy to use. It is almost no work at the Clint end, everything is done by Representative team.

Cons:

Everything they office works for us so I don't have anything that I don't like.

5 years ago

Hi Merikokeb, thank you so much for your glowing review of the Boxwood Job Board. I truly appreciate it and these are the kind of things that make working with associations like NHPCO so rewarding. I have enjoyed our time working together thus far and look forward to our continued partnership and continued growth in the years to come. Have a wonderful day!

Salvador
Director, Membership Development in US
Construction, 11–50 Employees

User Friendly

Comments: Our Boxwood Job Board provides a value add that is easy to provide for our members. Through it, we are able to help our students find jobs and internships, members (and non-members) manage their careers with resources, and use it as a recruiting tool that helps demonstrate our commitment to their professional success.

Pros:

Our Boxwood Job Board is very easy for us to manage and, most importantly, easy for our customers to engage with. They're constantly improving their product, and their service and support is outstanding.

Cons:

I honestly cannot think of anything I like least about it.

5 years ago

Hi Salvador, Thank you for your kind words about the support team and for your review. If there is anything we can do to help your association with their career center needs, please let us know. The Naylor Career Center Team

Demond
Director, Membership Marketing in US

The Reliable Job Board

Comments: The Boxwood job board has been a reliable source of non-dues revenue for my organization for over 10 years. Its pretty self sufficient and reliable.

Pros:

I like that the Boxwood job board has been reliable for me for over 10 years. I started using it back in 2008 and I've never had a issue that I can recall that hindered my work.

Cons:

The thing I like least would probably be the layout to the public but thats more of an aesthetic issue than a usage issue.

5 years ago

Hi Demond, Thank you for your review and positive feedback. We're so pleased to hear that the Boxwood Job Board has worked well for you and your team for so long. If there is anything we can do to help your association with their career center needs, please let us know. The Naylor Career Center Team

Mark
Mark
VP Communications in US

Set It and Forget It

Comments: It is nice to have a Career Center for our members as it shows we are working for them. It is good PR. Even if the Career Center is not used a lot, it shows the membership that we are concerned for their career progress.

Pros:

I do not have to be constantly watching over it. It is stable and needs little assistance once it is set up.

Cons:

The cost to post jobs prevents it from being used much in our state, since there are free services that compete with it.

5 years ago

Hi Mark, Thank you for your candid feedback. Your account manager will be in touch with you shortly to review your pricing options since they're flexible. We look forward to finding a solution that best suits your needs. If we can help with anything else, please let us know. The Naylor Career Center Team

Claudine
Advertising & Exhibits Manager in US

Simple Job Board

Comments: Only our membership is able to post their resume and employers are able to view them after they have submitted a job posting.

Pros:

The ease in which an applicant can submit their resume and an employer can post their jobs.

Cons:

I find it difficult to get a copy of a previous job posting. Customer service is super helpful and very responsive. They are an excellent department.

5 years ago

Hi Claudine, Thank you for your review and kind words regarding the customer service team. If there is anything we can do to help your association with their career center needs, please let us know. The Naylor Career Center Team

Keith
Vice President for Finance, Human Resources and Operations in US

Boxwood Job site review

Comments: Adequate, but could be much better with active support from boxwood

Pros:

User friendly. Large installed base. Highly recommended.

Cons:

Lack of support and keeping the software current. Marketing

5 years ago

Hi Keith, Thank you for your review. We have shared your feedback with the career center development team since insight from platform users like you helps us to improve the product for everyone. If there is anything we can do to help your association with their career center needs, please let us know. The Naylor Career Center Team

Paige
Manager, Volunteer Engagement and Government in US
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 11–50 Employees

Easy to use, self sustaining, non-dues revenue

Comments: We are slowly trying to meet our member and profession needs with the Job Board.

Pros:

Cons:

Sometimes the back end is hard to navigate, but customer service always jumps in to save the day.

5 years ago

Hi Paige, Thank you for your candid review and we're happy to hear that your association is earning NDR from the job board. We have shared your feedback with the career center development team regarding back end use since insight from platform users like you helps us to improve the product for everyone. If there is anything we can do to help your association with their career center needs, please let us know. The Naylor Career Center Team

Suzanne
Membership Director in US
Hospital & Health Care, 11–50 Employees

Career Center

Comments: Using Boxwood has freed up staff time and increased revenues

Pros:

Easy to use Great member benefit flexibility of job placement options

Cons:

Our employers sometimes get confused

5 years ago

Hi Suzanne, Thank you for your feedback. We're pleased to hear that your staff has saved time and your association has earned NDR while utilizing the Boxwood Job Board. If there is anything we can do to help your association with their career center needs, please let us know. The Naylor Career Center Team

Mollie
Chief Membership Officer in US
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 11–50 Employees

Basic job board that meets user needs

Comments: Good investment for the money - there is frequently no cost to implementing the job board as it is a revenue share model. Features and revenue share split seem to be on par with major competitors.

Pros:

Basic job board functionality meets expectations. Company seems to be recommitted to innovation and is rolling out new ideas more frequently than in the past.

Cons:

Back end administrator portal is dated and a little bit hard to figure out. No regular check-ins with an account manager to educate on new functionality or assist with problems as they arise (they are accommodating when requested, but there is no proactive outreach). Two organizations I work with use this and the contracts are written to be evergreen so existing clients are sort of forgotten as new features are released.

5 years ago

Hi Mollie, Thank you very much for your candid review! We have shared your feedback with our development team, specifically regarding the back end administrator portal, and your account manager. If you need anything in regards to your career center, please don't hesitate to let us know. The Naylor Career Center Team

Joe
Director of Advertising and Business Development in US
Civil Engineering, 201–500 Employees

Satisfied customer

Pros:

Ease of use and comprehensiveness of offerings

Cons:

We don't really have problems or challenges with it

5 years ago

Hi Joe, Thank you for your review. We're pleased all is going well. If there is anything we can do to help your association with their career center needs, please let us know. The Naylor Career Center Team

gingy
CEO in US

Job Board

Pros:

We subscribe to the job board for non-dues revenue. This last check was great but the checks we received prior in the last year or so have been very disappointing. Our members don't have any problems using the board.

Cons:

it is not producing the income we anticipated.

5 years ago

Hi Gingy, Thank you for your review. If there is anything we can do to help your association with their career center needs, please let us know. The Naylor Career Center Team

Jim
Executive Director in US

Valuable partnership with Boxwood

Comments: The relationship with Boxwood has brought about a nice means of non-dues revenue to the Association, with limited work needed on our end. We've been pleased with the partnership and service that is provided to our membership.

Pros:

Ease of Use Revenue share with the Association

Cons:

No dislikes. It has been a valuable partnership.

5 years ago

Hi Jim, Thank you for your review and positive feedback. We're happy to hear that your association has had a pleasant experience with the Naylor team and Boxwood Job Board. If there is anything we can do to help your association with their career center needs, please let us know. The Naylor Career Center Team

Kelly
Assistant Director in US

Boxwood Job Board

Comments: A combined effort for more options to deliver to our members has been achieved with little staff time.

Pros:

It gives many options to the users for low cost and/or higher cost with additional features.

Cons:

It has been a little confusing when combined with our own organizational classified listings.

5 years ago

Hi Kelly, Thank you for your review. We're happy to hear that your staff has reached their goal with little time spent. If there is anything we can do to help your association with their career center needs, please let us know. The Naylor Career Center Team

Steven
Senior Manager, Marketing in US

Boxwood Job Board Review

Pros:

It's fairly easy for employers to navigate, we don't receive many questions from them on how to use it.

Cons:

The back-end administrative tools seem very out dated.

5 years ago

Hi Steven, Thank you for your candid review. We have shared your feedback with the career center development team since insight from platform users like you helps us to improve the product for everyone. If there is anything we can do to help your association with their career center needs, please let us know. The Naylor Career Center Team

Madeleine
Marketing Manager in US

Satisfied with the Product

Pros:

Easy to use for the administrator. Affordable pricing.

Cons:

Needs more functionality to be in line with competitor companies.

5 years ago

Hi Madeleine, Thank you for your review. If there is anything we can do to help your association with their career center needs, please let us know. The Naylor Career Center Team

Robin
Communications Director in US

Longtime customer

Comments: Overall, I think Boxwood is awesome and I would absolutely recommend it.

Pros:

It's very robust. There are a ton of great features for users and it's super easy to create promotional codes and offers for whatever you have going on.

Cons:

I haven't had any issues with the software. Also, our rep quit and we didn't know about it, so I was trying to get this broken header image fixed for quite awhile and wondering why I didn't get any replies.

5 years ago

Hi Robin, Thank you for your feedback and review. We're sorry to hear about your account manager issue. If you run into issues like that again, please contact [email protected] for immediate help; however, that shouldn't happen again. If there is anything we can do to help your association with their career center needs, please let us know. The Naylor Career Center Team

Dana
Marketing & COmmunications Manager in US

Never Dull

Comments: The job board has come in handy for our association, both for members looking for jobs and those looking for employees!

Pros:

I love that the job board is always being updated, it never seems to be out of date because they are on top of fixing bugs and updating the look!

Cons:

As someone that hardly logs in to the admin side, it can be a little confusing to find things.

5 years ago

Hi Dana, Thank you for your kind review and we're so pleased to hear that you have found value in the Boxwood Job Board for your members and employers. We have shared your feedback with the career center development team since insight from platform users like you helps us to improve the product for everyone. If there is anything we can do to help your association with their career center needs, please let us know. The Naylor Career Center Team

Carolyn
Promotions Marketing Manager in US
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

Works Well for Us

Comments: We could not have a career center without a third party product and this one works very well for us.

Pros:

The software is easy for the end user. We get absolutely no complaints and we have repeat users. Customer service is quick and pleasant.

Cons:

I find the reporting not intuitive and I have to spend a lot of time experimenting to get what I want.

5 years ago

Hi Carolyn, Thank you for your review and note about the customer service. We have shared your feedback with the career center development team since insight from platform users like you helps us to improve the product for everyone. If there is anything we can do to help your association with their career center needs, please let us know. The Naylor Career Center Team

Amber
Amber
Marketing Manager in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

Great Overall Job Board Experience for Our Members

Pros:

The Academy's career center now provides a good member experience. It is a very good source of non-dues revenue for our niche organization.

Cons:

I do not have any negative feedback about it.

5 years ago

Hi Amber, Thank you very much for your candid review! If you need anything in regards to your career center, please don't hesitate to let us know. The Naylor Career Center Team