15 years helping Irish businesses

About Teladoc

Remote patient monitoring tool that allows medical professionals to provide virtual medical attention and prescriptions to patients.

Learn more about Teladoc

Pros:

Customer service rep was sympathetic, although could not promise refund.

Cons:

You will wait no less than 2 hours for an appointment which the provider can then cancel with no explanation. The phone call appointments just don't work if you have an iPhone apparently.

Teladoc ratings

2.8
2.2
2.7
2.2

3.8/10

Teladoc has an overall rating of 2.5 out 5 stars based on 77 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Teladoc before?

Andrew
Andrew
Technical Director in US
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 11–50 Employees

THE At-Home Doc!

Comments: I’ve used the Teledoc app for minor sickness issues that can be easily addressed over the phone or by video. Once setup, it’s easy to initiate a call with a doctor and they’ve always been kind and understanding...and fairly quick to call too!

Pros:

Well the first thing I love is that it is now free with out insurance plan. That’s awesome and amazing! I also like that they have a quick response time. The app allows you to add photos if needed and you can even do a video chat with the doctor.

Cons:

It takes a little effort to setup your account. My biggest irritation is when receiving calls from the doctor, it will come from an unlisted number. If your iPhone security is set to ignore calls from unlisted numbers it can seriously delay your call until you fix your settings. Otherwise, the app works really well!

michele
chef in US
Food & Beverages, 501–1,000 Employees

works pretty well

Comments: convenient for a quick easy script like im sure would be great for pink eye or a rash or decongestant or something small.

Pros:

not too hard to set up and use, if you have insurance the copay can be less than your standard office visit.

Cons:

no way of getting tests. the care is a bit limited. if you need a test, then I bet you have to pay twice

Nicole
Student in US
Higher Education, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Useless Garbage

Comments: I tried getting an excuse note (something they say they do) and:
- spent one full day trying to use their phone appointments (which did not work,)
- finally got someone on a video appointment but found out after the appointment, I couldn't open the file with my excuse note,
- spent another full day making video appointments, only to have them canceled with no explanation
- then finally had an extremely rude interaction with customer service saying my request couldn't be granted and that's why the providers were canceling on me. (Even though one of the providers was clearly able to do so)
Honorable Mentions:
- Downloading their useless app
- Having to call up my phone provider to see if they were blocking calls only to have them tell me they weren't
- The rude customer service rep AGREEING that the "no explanation cancelation" policy was a bad one and telling me nothing would be done about it.
- Generally wasting two days of my life on a non-functional software

Pros:

Absolutely nothing. Not a single redeeming quality.

Cons:

- You will wait no less than 2 hours for an appointment which the provider can then cancel with no explanation - The phone call appointments just don't work if you have an iPhone apparently - The phone app is unusable garbage that will kick you from your account if you're inactive for too long (and there's no option to stay signed in nor save your sign-in info) - Customer service will pretend to try to help you but they're incapable of solving anything - One customer service representative got very snarky with me, told me doctors were canceling on me and there was nothing I can do, then put me on hold as I was venting my frustration. (I don't remember who that guy was, but I hope he gets fired) - All around waste of time and resources; go literally anywhere else.

Brett
Web Develpment Specialist in US
Internet, 2–10 Employees

Almost killed me

Comments: I used Teladoc on [SENSITIVE CONTENT] because I was experiencing sharp and unbearable pain in my stomach. The doctor, (name withheld at this time) diagnosed me with a stomach flu. I told him that this DID NOT FEEL LIKE A STOMACH FLU several times, and even told him it felt like bad food poisoning. he told me that it did not sound like food poisoning and it was a stomach bug that would last 72 hours. He told me to get bed rest, take some meds he prescribed for nausea, and if it didn't get better in 72 hours to go to the ER. 24 hours later I couldn't walk. My family carried me to the car and rushed me to the ER where they told me I was hours from dying. My appendix had ruptured and I was in septic shock. I was left with a baseball sized hole in my stomach. I was in the hospital for almost 2 weeks. I've had two surgeries now because of this, and a third scheduled for about a week from now. All of this because of a LAZY doctor who was more concerned with the number of patients he sees in a day rather than the quality of care he performed. My surgeon said that if I would have come in a day earlier, I would have had a two inch incision and been out of the hospital in a day. I am FURIOUS with this doctor and Teladoc... who refuses to fix the situation or even talk to me.

Pros:

I THOUGHT this would be a viable option for healthcare

Cons:

Lazy diagnosis, in a hurry to get to the next call, not asking questions, and NOT LISTENING to what I was telling him about what I was feeling.

Sarah
Market Research in US
Information Services, Self Employed

Helpful Healthcare

Pros:

When I initially went to schedule an appoint they said they could see me as soon as 6 minutes; I was impressed because if I would have walked into an urgent care this moment it would have taken me atleast 30 mins to be seen; thats not county the amount of time it takes to actually drive there.

Cons:

For some reason my insurance provider was constantly being assigned and redirected from a whole other state. I have Ambetter Heath of Tennessee - Not Nebraska, or Arkansas.

Mental Health Care, 2–10 Employees

50/50 on the doctors. 0/100 on the Customer Service

Comments: A complete waste of time an money for me.

Pros:

It was fast, and the first visit I had was with a woman that listened, addressed my concerns, and made quick work of my apt. (it was the second one that went bad)

Cons:

Second appointment lasted 5x longer than the first. Most of it I spent trying to correct the doctor that wasn't letting me finish talking about the info he could have read in my teledoc medical history but didn't. The rest of the appointment was just trying to get off the phone with him after he said he could do nothign for me and I had to go in person. Customer support is really bad. I called to report the apt and request a refund. They refused the refund despite continually apologizing for the terrible quality of the visit and saying that because I agreed to the copay before I was responsible. So, in conclusion they don't take responsibility for their doctors. If I had just listened to the doctor on the second appointment instead of realizing his error and correcting them, if would have resulted in overmedicating the issue.

Timothy
Field IT Tech in US
Information Technology & Services, 501–1,000 Employees

Would only use if you have no other choice.

Comments: Not bad to terrible. The doctors dont really care, they may answer quickly, but their lack of empathy and urgency is baffling. That, along with the inability to carry over information will make me think twice next year when its time to pick insurance.

Pros:

Sometimes they get back to right away, other times youre left waiting.

Cons:

You information doesnt follow your login. I had an issue where I needed to have someone look at something but my phone was being repaired, when I signed in on another phone, after all the verification I had to fill it all of my medical history again. Such a waste of time.

Realtor in US
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

Terrible Service

Comments: Terrible service for online physician. The physician I was matched with was a surgeon and I was calling about a nasal infection. They never called me back and they cancelled the appointment without calling me.

Pros:

No pros. Nothing good to say about the software.

Cons:

Can not message back if you have a problem online. Appointment was cancelled stating that they could not contact me, but I never received a phone call. You are charged immediately many hours before the call.

erni
artist in US
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed

"go see a doctor"

Comments: i was hoping for some more information beyond go see a doctor then getting hung up on, i thought this could be an alternative to emergency room but it what just a smaller waste of my time

Pros:

the software worked at about 50%, i really wasnt worried about the software when i was having pains

Cons:

they said they tried to rech me via text 3 times but that was not true at all as the appointment was for 10am and thats exactly when they sent the text

Parley
ZMST in US
Education Management, 501–1,000 Employees

No WAY I would recommend this service or company.

Comments: Horrible. It seems great at first but there is no follow through with Teledoc. They do nothing other than set appointments and try to cancel them after making patients wait for days.

Pros:

None, it appears to be easy but that is just a facade.

Cons:

The company cancels appointments and blows off customers regularly. They don't even do what the doctors agree to IF the 'visit' takes place. It is a total sham.

Brother Bernard
RC Monk, Clinical Psychologist, Doctor of Natural Medicine in US
Mental Health Care, Self Employed

Good company but provider background makes a difference

Comments: It has evolved over the years. I've learned how to use Teladoc better. Also, they offer good online training for beginning providers.

Pros:

Excellent video and audio experience; provides a nice profile for potential patients to choose providers from; patient note areas now has some checklists which helps a lot.

Cons:

Lumps all mental health providers together. Thus, provider pay is lower than the other platforms I use which pay by educational and clinical background of provider. This makes me tend to use other platforms more.

Mar
Physician in US
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees

Helpful video conferencing

Pros:

Ease of use for both patient and provider. No need to download an app. Available translation services if needed is a huge plus

Cons:

Unable to put a background, only blurs yours

Angela
Teacher in US
Education Management, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Works Exceptionally Well

Comments: My husband's insurance gives him the option of using Teladoc, and it has been a really blessing for us to have during the pandemic. We have used it multiple times and the login in process is very easy.

Pros:

I love how easy it is to use. I am able to communicate with my doctor or nurse practitioner without any problems. Logging in is a breeze, and, if needed, a prescription can easily be issued. I really like the quality of the sound and video too.

Cons:

There is nothing I dislike about it. I have found it very easy to use, especially during the pandemic, when my husband and I needed an appointment without going out to the office.

mike
VP of GSD in US
Construction, 11–50 Employees

Worth a try to save time

Comments: Very favorable in fairness now, one time where tech can save time when used correctly and efficently

Pros:

Saves the hassle of making an appointment, travelling to Dr office, time wasted sitting on the paper sheet for up to an hour (not uncommon if Dr is busy ** despite having an appointment), gets to the point and get a 10 minute visit over in ten minutes , rather than 1 hr & 10 minutes

Cons:

The video connection can be a bit IFFY on occasion and takes a few minutes to set up with the provider

Jw
IT Director in US
Information Services, 10,000+ Employees

The worst service that I have ever had in my life

Comments: I used Teladoc to get my medical maintenance prescription two months back, and came to know the the prescription was for the only one month. I called Teladoc representative and asked how I can get a year prescription and she told me to book a new doctor numerous times. I was doubtful, so I put a very clear request note in booking to give me a call only when a doctor can give me one year's prescription. The doctor who gave me a call had no idea about it, and he simply said he can't give me a year's prescription and hung up, and Teladoc is denying my refund request which is really ridiculous. There was no medical services from the doctor other than saying that he can't give me 1 yr's prescription and It was the most terrible experience I ever had. I would give rate 0 out of 10 for their services.

Pros:

NOTHING I liked about Teladoc. this is the worst services that I have ever had

Cons:

Teladoc is charging not the service itself but whether doctor gives a call or not. Even if you won't get any medical advice from doctor nor proper service, once you get a call you will be charged regardless, which is terrible and very frustrating.

shelby
manager in US
Retail, 5,001–10,000 Employees

waste of money

Comments: when I called for a refund after being told by a doctor to go to a doctor they said no because I talked to the doctor.

Pros:

this is a waste of money. They tell u to go to a doctor when thats obviously what your doing by calling them

Cons:

The doctor took my call and told me i could be suffering from something major or something minor and should go to the doctor. Which I obviously already knew from Google which told me that for free. I was trying to go to a doctor which is why i paid 45 dollars for the call. I did not get told any new information this is a joke

Cedric
Medicinal Chemist in US
Research, 201–500 Employees

Useless, this is a joke

Comments: I used Teladoc since the Covid pandemic made it hard to see a physician and it's covered by my insurance. The 2 physicians I saw absolutely didn't care about what I was telling them, precribed me some expensive OTC medications that had nothing to see with the actual symptoms. They just want to get paid and end the visit as soon as possible. I saw 2 physicians to hear the same thing twice: go see a doctor... weird... I was thinking it was actually what I was doing... in a word: useless. Will never use again.

Pros:

Easy to use, can see a "physician" quickly.

Cons:

Everything. It is a just a waste of time and a waste of money

Cambria
Cambria
Marketing in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Terrible - Everything about this platform is terrible

Comments: Horrible. Never ever use this platform

Pros:

Nothing, absolutely nothing. I will never ever use this platform again.

Cons:

The doctor accused me of calling in for prescription drugs. Never listened to me, proceeded to tell me about her 35 yrs of experience. I then called customer service to report the doctor and she did absolutely nothing. She was condescending and I later found out she never actually submitted my feedback. I ended up going to my GP in person and found out I had walking pneumonia. Funny how that came full circle.

JAMIE
unemplyed in US
Motion Pictures & Film, Self Employed

What do they get paid for?

Comments: Very disappointed. Stay out of medicine if you don't want to put out the effort to followup for your patients.

Pros:

Easy to get a "visit." Insurance covered all of it except....

Cons:

Absolutely NO follow up on my issue of not getting my meds filled. I pleaded with Dr to call my insurance company to get preauths and she said maybe a "nurse" could call. What nurse??? The only reason I called is to get meds I have taken most of my life.

Thomas
President in US
Entertainment, 2–10 Employees

Absolutely Worthless

Comments: Terrible. I don't see how this can help in any way. A modern scam.

Pros:

Customer service rep was sympathetic, although could not promise refund

Cons:

Basically this is a scam. I was advertised to call Teladoc for COVID treatment. Once on the call the doctor tried to rush me off in less than a minute and said there is nothing they can do and they can't prescribe any treatments over the phone. Actually seemed annoyed at my listing of symptoms and coughing fits. Actual quote from Doc when I complained, "I didn't do nothing, I told you to go see a doctor. That's something. Usually I just tell people there's nothing we can do and to rest."

Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

WASTE OF TIME

Pros:

ease of website, and the idea of an online doctor is great. if you can see one!

Cons:

I waited an hour in the video chat waiting room and was never seen by a doctor. About 30 minutes of waiting, I called customer service which had a high volume of calls so I requested a call back. Still no call back and still waiting for the doctor.

Airlines/Aviation, 501–1,000 Employees

SCAM - You can pay for no service

Comments: Aweufl experience, I usually never give reviews but I really feel scammed. Paid $75 for literally nothing. I now have to pay for another visit.

Pros:

The product is easy to use but the service is bad

Cons:

I basically paid $75 for " Unfortunately, this would need an in-person appointment that you have to pay for separately" Waste of time and Money. And non-refundable after a call with the customer service

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2–10 Employees

SCAM & Terrible service

Comments: Terrible service, uninformative, scam

Pros:

The lady didn't know what she was doing at all I was on hold for about 15 mins. She took my card info then put me on with a recorded line where I had to reenter my card info which made no sense. Afterword the doctor that called me said call back for a facetime and that's where they told me I didn't have an account and had to pay 75$ if I wanted to make another appointment

Cons:

I liked nothing about this experience. I thought wrong

Aimee
volunteer in US
Hospital & Health Care, Self Employed

Teladoc

Comments: I have been able to not waste my money getting the right medical product using professional advice.

Pros:

I like that Teladoc can allow me to get rest by getting help for medical advice without leaving my room. It is less expensive than using an ambulance.

Cons:

I do not like that the logo does not show any letter of the actual company.

Alex
Physician in US
Medical Practice, 10,000+ Employees

Pointless scam visits

Pros:

Quick to make an appointment. Nothing else.

Cons:

The physicians at teladoc are not able to prescribe most medications. You will pay your copay only to have them say they can't do anything and hang up on you. They will point out some fine print loophole to prevent you from getting a refund.