15 years helping Irish businesses

QuickBooks Online Advanced Reviews

About QuickBooks Online Advanced

QuickBooks is an end-to-end accounting software that can grow with your business.

Learn more about QuickBooks Online Advanced

Pros:

The system is easy to use and QuickBooks has a ton of guides and videos to help begins with just about anything. Truly accounting made easy, not to mention the dozens of app integrations available.

Cons:

My only complaint is when calling customer service, I have been helped by representatives who know less than I do about their program.

QuickBooks Online Advanced ratings

4.3
4.1
4.3
4.2

8.3/10

QuickBooks Online Advanced has an overall rating of 4.4 out 5 stars based on 917 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used QuickBooks Online Advanced before?

Adrienne
Adrienne
Owner, Bookkeeper in US
Accounting, Self Employed

QBO Online Advanced- Not Perfect, but a Great Option for a Growing Business

Comments: I am an advanced user, so my experience has been mostly positive. As I mentioned, I think the software is not always intuitive, so it can be frustrating for less experienced users. However, customer service is great and always responsive.

Pros:

Quickbooks Online Advanced is robust and offers a pretty impressive suite of options for a growing small business. I love that a business owner can run so much of their business from one piece of software. As a business owner and a bookkeeper, I get frustrated with all of the options out there and appreciate that QBO Advanced eliminates the need for multiple programs.

Cons:

There are definitely some improvements that could be made. The software is often glitchy, causing frustration for users that are not experienced. I would also love to see even more customization in the reporting screens. I'd love to be able to click and see drop downs on the main profit and loss screens.

Harmony
Business Office Manager in US
Wholesale, 11–50 Employees

QBO is Definitely Different

Comments: Our overall experience with QBO Advanced has been pretty good. I think with the development and implementation of more features or customization of different "modules" to be customer specific it would serve us perfectly. And hey, the price is WONDERFUL!

Pros:

What I like most about using QBO Advanced is how user friendly and simplistic it is to use. We transitioned our entire financial management system and for the most part it was relatively smooth.

Cons:

There were many obstacles to overcome in the transition to QBO Advanced. It mainly involve how to find work around solutions for areas not offered in QBO Advanced such as specifically detailed inventory management and also fixed assets. The inventory process in QBO is clunky and too simplistic for our company, BUT since QBO is so easy to use we have customized processes to make it work for us.

Crystel
Cosmetics, 2–10 Employees

Perfect for a small business owner

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

It’s perfect for any small business owner wanting to control their accounting themselves.

Cons:

I have no cons for this service. It does exactly what I need.

Debi
VP Operations in US
Banking, 11–50 Employees

Disappointed in QB Online constant updates

3.0 2 months ago New

Comments: It has been beyond frustrating working with QB customer service to add back a column on a report that was removed (probably accidentally in June 2023). I want to see the NOTES field added back to the Customer export and have reached out to numerous supervisors and have been told many times it will be added back. It is now 10 months later and the field has not been added back.
I have provided "Feedback" numerous times as well.
Super frustrated with the customer support team not taking steps to fix this.

Pros:

It's important to access QB from different computers/locations.

Cons:

It has been beyond frustrating working with QB customer service to add back a column on a report that was removed (probably accidentally in June 2023). I want to see the NOTES field added back to the Customer export and have reached out to numerous supervisors and have been told many times it will be added back. It is now 10 months later and the field has not been added back. I have provided "Feedback" numerous times as well. Super frustrated with the customer support team not taking steps to fix this.

Laura
Laura
Digital Strategist in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Quickbooks Online is Sleek, Professional, Easy, but Lacks Some Custom Reporting Features

Comments: Overall, Quickbooks Online can replace the accounting software of most small-to-medium businesses. It's easy to use and fast. You can use Quickbooks Online from anywhere, any device, at any time. That's a big deal. I love having the ability to browse it on my computer and then, when I need to, bring it up on my phone when I'm at the coffee shop or with a client. Intuit hit it out of the park with this app.

Pros:

The best feature is easily the sales tracking. It's easy to create quotes, turn them into sales orders, and then onto invoices. The process is easily linkable with many POS and ecommerce solutions.

Cons:

QBO lacks some of the most robust reporting features that I'm used to. This is the biggest issue with the online software.

Lisa
Executive Director in US
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 2–10 Employees

Not Suited for Nonprofit Organizations

3.0 last month New

Comments: While we have cobbled together charts of accounts to somewhat make it useful for our organization, when we can afford accounting software made for nonprofits we will change systems. This has been a painful learning experience.

Pros:

Low cost, easy to find CPA who knows how to use it

Cons:

It may be fine for a for-profit business, but it is not well suited for nonprofit organizations that must do fund accounting.

Shrijana
Accounting Manager in Canada
Museums & Institutions, 11–50 Employees

Excellent Accounting Assistant

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: This is great accounting platform which save time & money to get best result.

Pros:

All aspects such as invoicing, reporting, sales tax....

Cons:

This is perfect for us and can't remember of any cons as of now.

Christal
CEO in US
Accounting, Self Employed

QBO Advanced is a Step Up

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

The ability to add more categories and classes as well as the advanced customization of reports are very helpful.

Cons:

I wish there were more exce like features available within the reporting customization.

Brenda
Office Manager in US
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Quickbooks Online

5.0 last week New

Comments: I am happy with it overall, it's pretty easy to use once you learn it.

Pros:

The integration it has with a lot of our vendor so sync is pretty easy

Cons:

The cost of the software is pretty high, wish it was cheaper

James
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 11–50 Employees

Amazing work with quick books

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Just great i cant say enough about them

Pros:

Great tolls and set up hassle-free easy to use

Cons:

Nonejust great i will always use them no matter what

Molly
Senior Financial Manager in US
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Best Move My Company Ever Made

Comments: The cost for this product is amazing. We have saved $100,000 yr since switching from NetSuite. My team and I honestly prefer QuickBooks for everyday bookkeeping and business operations. For our company the switch was a no-brainer.

Pros:

This software is so easy to use and makes training a breeze. A ton of the functionality makes everything more efficient and intuitive. The reporting is awesome and easy to create your own custom reports.

Cons:

You cannot have multiple tabs open and you cannot easily create consolidated financials to include multiple instances.

Kyle
Accounting in US
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Ease of use

Comments: The chart of accounts feature of QBO is much cleaner than the two previously used accounting softwares. Also the reporting functions are much more user friendly for non-accounting employees trying to find financial information that makes sense to them.

Pros:

Everything is very clean, and easy to navigate. The general features of the software are user friendly to all levels of accounting. If you have never used an accounting software before QBO makes it very accessible to find important and valuable information about your finances with relative ease.

Cons:

The more in depth features do take a little time to navigate. There are also a lack to "advance" features for some of the functions but it overall fits the bill. There is nothing that is missing that is an absolute need for business function- just more of a "would be nice".

Selcuk
Finance Director in France
Investment Management, 11–50 Employees

A Financer's Dream

Comments: The platform is incredibly intuitive and provides a wide range of features and tools that make it easy to manage finances. The reporting capabilities are comprehensive and accurate, and the cost is worth the investment.

Pros:

I have been thoroughly impressed with QuickBooks Online Advanced. The platform is incredibly intuitive and provides an array of tools and features that make it easy to manage finances. The accounting and invoicing processes are efficient and user-friendly, and the reporting capabilities are comprehensive and accurate.

Cons:

One of the drawbacks of QuickBooks Online Advanced is the cost of the subscription. While the features are worth the investment, the cost can be steep for small businesses with limited budgets. Additionally, the platform can be complicated to navigate for those with limited accounting experience.

LeAnn
VP, Operations in US
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 11–50 Employees

So much better than complicated systems!!!

Comments: We have realized much richer reporting, faster data entry and uploads, connection to multiple apps such as Bill.com, and a wealth of information readily available through QuickBooks training, online experts, and even YouTube videos.

Pros:

We love that QuickBooks provides an online option that is easily accessible for all of our virtual employees and financial advisers. It has been a breeze to use compared with our old system (Abilla MIP). In today's digital age, we don't often need all the complexity - just the natural, simple, and efficient financial management systems.

Cons:

The only thing we haven't liked is that our transition from MIP had to be done manually.

Eugene
Project Manager in US
Logistics & Supply Chain, 2–10 Employees

QB Online Advanced - A must have for todays business landscape

Comments: Overall QuickBooks online advanced is a excellent product without which our business would not run as smoothly I highly recommend this product to any small business.

Pros:

It is very easy to use and does not require an enormous amount of training. I especially like being able to integrate directly into our electronic data interchange system as well as our bank. QuickBooks online advanced really brings all of the useful features together to create a platform that helps our business run smoothly.

Cons:

Although the help section is very thorough, it is not as easy to navigate. I wish there was an easier way. The graphic user interface could also use a little bit of improvement in terms of placing of features to make them more intuitive.

Milena
Bookkeeper in US
Accounting, 2–10 Employees

Great!

Comments: I like how easy, reliable, and multi-functional QBO Advanced is. I use it for a client and it saves me time and money.

Pros:

I like the many features QBO Advanced has to offer. It saves time and money. It is great for growing business. It is easy to integrate with many other apps if needed.

Cons:

The least I like would be the price, however, with the many features it has to offer - it definitely is a must for a growing business with more complex workflows.

Environmental Services, 2–10 Employees

Revolutionize the Way You Manage Your Finances With QBO

Pros:

I love how it is user-friendly and intuitive, making it easy for me to manage my finances without having an extensive background in accounting. Also, I can access my financial information from anywhere, at any time, as long as there is an internet connection.

Cons:

There is nothing I liked least about QBOA.

Brandon
Computer & Network Security, 11–50 Employees

TMG QB Online Review

Comments: The product is easy to use and comprehensive for how we use it.

Pros:

I like the integration options available through the web version vs. the desktop version. We have been able to provide advanced reporting utilizing these features.

Cons:

I wish the Advanced version had the backup feature included and wouldn't require the large additional fee to include this feature. I also wish the budgeting tool was included in the basic version and didn't require a higher level option since budgeting should be done at the basic level for any small business. I also wish the integration to Power Bi was no longer in beta so that functionality can be fully utilized.

Ross
Office Manager in US
Consumer Services, 11–50 Employees

Excellent Software

Comments: Overall my experience has been good, a few times either myself or another user has made a mistake but with the help of online and phone support we got the issue fixed in a timely manner.

Pros:

Overall the software is easy to use and robust New features have a learning curve as with most things, the online help with this is good.

Cons:

The price can be daunting for smaller businesses or even individuals

Oil & Energy, 201–500 Employees

QuickBooks for Quick book keeping

Comments: Lastly i would say that this product is very good for small to midsize companies, but for large entities it may not offer much benefit. i personally have very good experience using this software because of its user friendliness.

Pros:

Ah , this product is a life savior, previously i was using a Fox pro base customized accounting software which was a big headache. this product is bug free and provided smooth book keeping experience. The best thing about this software is its user friendliness, which is in my opinion far better than any other software available .

Cons:

what i don't like about this software is it limitation to customization, you can not change this according to your specific needs. some times times you need to customize your processes and functions to fit in to QuickBooks advance. Secondly, this is for the small to mid size organizations not for big and multinational entities. For me i had difficulty in setting up project accounting because of less options are available. it is also to note that there is no automated procedure for fixed assets capitalization like other ERPs

April
Vice President, Secretary, Treasure in US
Restaurants, 11–50 Employees

Easy to use

Comments: I am completely self taught with keeping books in my business. Quickbooks online has made this even easier than any desktop version. I have been using Quickbooks online since it first came out and I am pleased with the continual progress and improvements made to the system. I feel the fees are very reasonable, but I do take advantage of many of the features. Payroll is the best feature. It saves time and money. I would never want to use an outside source unless I no longer had to do any bookkeeping myself.

Pros:

Easy to set up and use. Help section is very useful. Most everything is intuitive to figure out. It is great to access information from anywhere and anytime. Mobile access is good. The Pay Now feature with invoices is very nice and eliminates the need for credit cards.

Cons:

CHAT feature is hidden deep in trouble shooting.

Cody
Finance Director in US
Biotechnology, 11–50 Employees

Great product for SMBs and growing enterprises.

Comments: Good! 7-8/10. It's not perfect & may not be the best fit for massive organizations, but you can get a lot of mileage from it if you spend time with the software & get comfortable with the range and depth of features available to Advanced users. Always play with the beta features!

Pros:

QBO Advanced is designed to be an all-in-one finance & accounting solution. There are larger-scale ERPs out there, e.g. Oracle, ION, but Intuit definitely has the market cornered on out-of-the-box F&A software. Because Intuit has so many components available, the software is also modular to a certain degree & admins can turn on/off features as needed.

Cons:

Intuit does not play nice with 3rd party integrations. There IS a developer portal if you're technical enough to do API work, but we've found software add-ons like Zapier are often necessary to build task automation into the manual steps of many QBO processes (which you will need if your organization works at scale & does not have a large accounting team).

Beth
Owner and COO in US
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

All-Encompassing, Integrated Accounting Program for Small Businesses

Comments: Sending invoices out to clients on a recurring basis used to vex me! But invoicing with QBO is quick and simple and I can see whether the client has open/viewed the invoice. Now I can even create invoices in batches! I can send reminders, statements, and clients can pay online with credit cards or ACH, allowing cash flow to improve. I can also see AR reports and then follow up easily.

Pros:

Overall this product is easy to use and offers the tracking resources our company needs. I also love the add-ons for processing payroll and the merchant services. It is a seamless, easy process for me to process payroll at a fraction of the cost of payroll processing companies. Also, I have yet to find a per transaction cost lower that Intuit's Merchant Services, plus it cuts the amount of work I would have to do if I used an outside credit card processor. I also like that this is cloud-based, online software that I can access from any computer at home and at work (or even at a coffee shop).

Cons:

When I have a question or need assistance, the customer service has not been as good as I would expect to support what is, in my opinion, such a great software. QBO Advanced, however, has upgraded with a service called Priority Circle.

Katrina
Accountant in US
Utilities, 201–500 Employees

#1 Accounting Software

Comments: Quickbooks is what it is. I know it's not a perfect review and not what everyone wants to hear but it's the best one on the market BUT with that being said this program lacks a lot and has A LOT of glitches and malfunctions all the time. Will I be switching to another one. Probably not in the near future.

Pros:

The overall use of QB online is easy. It's straight to the point and anyone can learn how to use the software. The majority of the features are pretty easy and function great.

Cons:

THIS SOFTWARE IS SO GLITCHY AND SLOW! Some days this software works phenomenal and on the days you need it to work it doesn't. This is especially bad when it comes to the payment feature for contractors. To pay one contractor is fine but when you need to pay multiple and use the feature included in QB it's horrible. Every click takes at least 30 seconds to load making a job that should only take a few minutes take 1/2 your workday.

Joe
Finance Coordinator in US
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 11–50 Employees

Easy to use and very convenient

Comments: It has provided me everything I need to do my job well and has a simplicity that allows me to work very quickly and efficiently. The things it might lack are not critical to what I need to get done at work.

Pros:

QBO is very user friendly and easy to get acquainted with quick. There are enough features to allow you to do a multitude of tasks. Online bill pay is an essential feature for us and allows us to send ACH payments for free in a timely manner. The system is able to operate quickly and not slow down with multiple programs open at once.

Cons:

Can be difficult to find discrepancies/accounting errors. Could have more protections against altering previous period numbers.