Freestone Reviews

by Community Brands

Filter by:

• Overall
    4.4 /5
    4.1 /5
    4.5 /5

About Freestone

Live event platform to deliver content through webinars, webcasts and on-demand streaming as part of a comprehensive education program.

Learn more about Freestone

Robin L.
Professional Development and Student Programs Manager
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/9/2020

"Air & Waste Management Association Review"

Comments: When I do have issues the best part of the company is the Technical Moderator that is always there to assist. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], is the person that I have worked with for about 5 years. He is helpful during the live webinar, but for other issues that arise. For example, putting the webinar information into the Freestone system, problems with registration or assisting with PowerPoint issues.

Pros: The Freestone product has been easy to use, after I was trained and especially after I had used it for a period of time. Once the presenters are set up in the system, the webinar just flows. This includes the Q&A , polling and chat components, that all work well and are useful for the webinar.

Cons: We often get request for animation, fly in slides for he webinar. at this time those features are not available.

by Community Brands on 22/10/2020

Thank you very much for the kind words about our the team and the webinar technology! We look forward to maintaining this standard of service. At this time presentations with animations can be shared through the screenshare functionality, but we will continue to look at ways to further enhance the webinar features. Thank you very much for your feedback Robin!

• Reviewed on 16/9/2020
Theresa T.
Event Coordinator
Higher Education, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/9/2020

"Fresstone as an Event Partner!"

Comments: I have worked with staff at Abila - Freestone for almost 9 years and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] have all been great to work with! We have used them to record our events in audio format for the last 9-10 years and we added live-streaming and video capture in the last two years. They do a fantastic job - the end product is great, their techs are terrific and when there is a problem they are quick to help get it fixed or to work with us to find a solution. I would highly recommend Abila - Freestone as a partner in any event that needs recording and hosting services!

Pros: The ease of use for the patrons who purchased the packages.

Cons: You are not able to garner a lot of statistics about usage by your patrons.

by Community Brands on 22/10/2020

Thank you very much for the kind words about our team! We look forward to maintaining that level of service! We will continue to look at ways to optimize the learner usage data. Thank you for the feedback Theresa!

• Reviewed on 21/9/2020
Peggy S.
Sr. Manager of Professional Development
Legal Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/7/2019

"ALA Freestone Review"

Comments: We left Freestone for a 2 year period and went to a different vendor to provide our members with a cheaper option. After an unreliable platform, difficulty in producing our own reports we came back and are happy customers.

Pros: Ease of use for administrator, data entry and report running

Cons: Would love to have webinar presenter visible on screen, allow animations in webinar presentations and a more seamless member experience to register, pay for and attend the webinars. Single sign on proves to be confusing for our membership.

by Community Brands on 26/7/2019

Hi Peggy, thank you very much for the review! I am happy to report that presenter webcams are in the works and will be live in the coming months. We will continue to build out new feature updates and enhancements to the member experience.

• Reviewed on 23/7/2019
Kathy M.
VP, Member Education Services
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 8/10/2020

"Freestone Virtual Event"

Pros: User interface
Easy to administer
Technology is stable

Cons: Reporting had several hicups but team worked them out for us

by Community Brands on 22/10/2020

Thank you very much for the review Kathy! It was a pleasure working with you all on your event and glad you found the technology easy to use. We will continue to make enhancements to the reporting functionality. Thank you!

• Reviewed on 8/10/2020
Morgan W.
Distance Learning Manager
Higher Education, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/4/2020

"The Freestone Support Team is the Best"

Comments: Here are just a few things I've valued greatly from the team there: • Speedy and accommodating turnaround on contract updates so we could meet the needs of our members
• Pleasant, knowledgeable, professional, and on-the-ball support for our live programs
• Thorough and helpful presenter prep sessions
• Timely, kind, and patient responses to my many questions on everything from event setup to attendee credit
Regarding the platform itself, just a few features we use:
• Layout customization for live webcasts/webinars
• Self-paced courses with credit
• Credit submission requirements such as polling, checkpoints, surveys, and certificates
• Attendee Q&A
• Reports to verify credit submission, program attendance, attendee questions, polling responses, etc.
• Much more!
Really I can't say enough about how much I appreciate the team and the Freestone product. It's a great feeling to know I'm in good hands with them in every aspect of our LMS use.

Pros: I've been using Freestone from Community Brands for a few years now and not only have I been pleased with the look, customization, and functionality of the platform, but also overjoyed with the support I receive from team there.

Cons: There are a couple of things that frustrate users regarding credit submission.

by Community Brands on 4/5/2020

Thank you very much for all the kind words, Morgan! This is fantastic to hear!

We look forward to maintaining this standard of service! We will continue to enhance the platform and will review the credit submission process for additional efficiencies.

Thank you for the feedback!

• Reviewed on 30/4/2020
Cindy W.
Director of Marketing & Communications
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/12/2020

"Helpful for launching a new online conference"

Pros: Our association had to pivot to online due to the coronavirus pandemic, but luckily we had already planned to take advantage of Freestone through our new partnership with Community Brands and Your Membership. The Freestone platform has made it easier to develop our first-ever online conference because of its features, ease of use and helpful support staff.

Cons: Because the association is using Freestone as part of a larger membership management platform, there has been a learning curve for both our staff and Freestone's staff. As we all become more comfortable with how each component works together, we should be able to reduce issues.

by Community Brands on 7/4/2021

Thank you very much for the review Cindy! It was a pleasure working with you all on your event. Glad you found that the team was helpful and the technology was easy to use. Thank you!

• Reviewed on 31/12/2020
Marketing Operations Specialist
  • Reviewed on 6/8/2019

"An adequate system, a bit burdensome"

Comments: Overall I have been satisfied with Freestone and when I have had issues, their customer support it quick to respond.

Pros: The admin portal for Freestone is comprehensive and includes a lot of features and functionality, but it is not intuitive or easy to use. Every time I login, it takes a few minutes to figure out where I need to navigate to in order to find what I am looking for. Once I find it, updates are easy to make and take effect immediately.

Cons: Too much going on in the dashboard. It is overwhelming and needs a better design/layout.

by Community Brands on 14/8/2019

Thank you very much for the feedback! We will continue to make updates to the platform to make it more user friendly, while still remaining comprehensive. We will be releasing a new analytics dashboard in the coming weeks that will offer insights into key performance indicators such as top learners and courses, as well as adding business intelligence insights. Thank you again!

• Reviewed on 6/8/2019
Program Manager
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/7/2019

"Freestone Review"

Comments: Overall, even with the challenges, there are ways to work around the majority of them and my engagement with the support team has been wonderful

Pros: I like the fact that everything with a program is housed in one system including the production of CME certificates.

Cons: Some of the challenges I face when using the system is around administrator customization of both the user interface and things that could make event replication smoother.

by Community Brands on 14/8/2019

Thank you very much for the feedback. We are always working to make the admin experience more powerful. With Freestone Viewer an admin has the capability to change the viewer layout, customize the branding and curate all tabsets. Your Account Director would be happy to discuss all the options in more detail. Thank you again!

• Reviewed on 29/7/2019