15 years helping Irish businesses

About Notion

Notion is the all-in-one workspace for notes, projects, documents, and collaboration.

Learn more about Notion

Pros:

Furthermore, there are plenty of tutorials provided by Notion and they have an excellent support team. They really hear what the users ask and they frequently implement the requested features.

Cons:

Without recurring tasks and less task-oriented features it was a tough call to make. I wanted it to work so badly.

Notion ratings

4.3
4.4
4.6
4.6

8.9/10

Notion has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 2,202 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Notion before?

Filter reviews (2,202)

Onur
Onur
Co-Founder in Türkiye
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Notion Review

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: It's a very powerful tool for documenting daily tasks and solutions. I am using it everyday mostly.

Pros:

It has Artificial Intelligence support and it really helps while organizing and handling daily operations with Notion.

Cons:

It's in enough level but it could be great if they improve the customer support.

Haimi
Haimi
Market Analyst in Portugal
Aviation & Aerospace, 51–200 Employees

Great for Startups, not sure about Mature Businesses

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: The way we used it at the startup I was working remotely at was kind of like a complete workplace with all the documents and various functions and projects loaded on there. I think this works well for a small team, but I don't think its super scalable without some serious forethought and planning, and likely some kind of "Notion Consultant" to help organise things.

Pros:

Notion has a lovely layout with the left sidebar containing all the different pages, projects, tasks, etc. A little silly, but I love that we can add banners and emojis to the title and make the "virtual workplace" our own. Its great to be able to integrate other apps into Notion. We added our Gdrive, Slack, and Figma into the space and it functioned well. There are also ways to share specific pages with guests, and its possible to have private pages, separate from the team.

Cons:

As lovely as the layout is, our Notion became cluttered and messy fast because we didn't quite know where to add what (e.g. tasks, projects, pages, etc.). It takes quite a bit of knowledge and forethought to organise a team around it. I also don't like that there are very limited fonts and typography. So anything that we export to PDF doesn't look part of our brand and we have to re-do it on another software. Also, when we embed documents in our pages, we don't quite have the same visibility (i.e. we have to click on a specific page to see what documents are linked to it). Maybe that's the way its intended to be, but I found it a little annoying and often just used Gdrive instead.

Anonymous reviewer
Oil & Energy, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Better tasks, bad access on iphone cellphones.

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: In the procedure of creating the tasks it has been good, in the access process to see the information that we have dedicated very badly, since an expensive program like this should have the ability to fix the login problem through iPhone.

Pros:

For group work, we generated a particular task followed by very well done tasks. In fact, the engineers could leave notes so that the next day the next engineer could continue with the work, which was essential to advance in large development projects and we knew in What exact stage were we are.

Cons:

I had very bad access to information with iOS, almost every time we accessed Android phones, access to the panel was simple, it was fast, responsive and everything was fine, but with iPhone phones things changed and I don't know exactly if it was the operating system or that the program supposedly blocked which was strange. In this sense, it generated delays since almost all of us have iPhone phones in the team.

Christopher
Christopher
Associate Professor in Japan
Research, 11–50 Employees

Possibly the most popular knowledge management tool, but privacy concerns

Comments: Notion is quite powerful and very popular tool. But perhaps one can easily get too lost in configuring and templating their spaces instead of just using the core function of documentation. I'm no longer using it because of privacy issues.

Pros:

One of the strengths of Notion is its flexibility. Users can create databases, tables, and lists with ease, and customize them with different views, filters, and sorting options. The platform also allows for rich media embedding, so users can add images, videos, and files to their notes and pages. It has a very generous education discount for both students and teachers.

Cons:

While Notion is highly customizable, this can also be a weakness for some users. The platform's flexibility means that users need to spend a considerable amount of time setting up and configuring their workspace to meet their needs, which can be time-consuming and distracting.There are also privacy concerns. I remember a few reddit threads where users requested for support and they were surprised how easy it was for them to access their workspace after giving verbal/textual permission.Performance is also an issue. Complex or large workspaces can be extremely slow.

Jessica
Owner in US
Graphic Design, Self Employed

Notion is a fully customizable project-management solution

Comments: Overall I am very pleased with Notion, as we have successfully built a functional project management system that serves as a well-oiled system for managing our company's workflow. The pricing is significantly less than well-known alternatives.

Pros:

I like that Notion allows full customization in building the databases, and does not force you into a pre-determined template like other project management systems. While the trade-off is more time spent up front learning how Notion works and building out the templates, it is worth it to have everything tailored to your business.

Cons:

The biggest drawback was the time it took to build out our Notion databases, and figure out how we should do it. There was a learning curve, and we are continually figuring new things out. Also, we really wish Notion and Google Calendar would sync, because Notion's Calendar lacks the functionality and aesthetic qualities of Google.

Thomas
Digital Strategist in Poland
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

A daily Notion power user's review after over a year of daily use

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: As a power user myself, I have found Notion an invaluable tool despite its drawbacks. Be warned, it does require a commitment to understand and leverage fully, but once mastered, it's a powerful tool in enhancing productivity and organization. For anyone considering Notion, be prepared to invest some time and effort to truly make the most of what it offers.

Pros:

It combines multiple tools into one interface, reducing the need for multiple apps - boosting productivity. Whether it’s task management, documenting, or even embedding external content, Notion handles it all, which simplified our tech / tool stack.

Cons:

Notion can sometimes be slow, especially with larger databases or when used extensively with complex pages. The lag can be frustrating for power users who need efficiency. However, in their defence, many tools also have this issue.

Marketing & Advertising, 51–200 Employees

Game changer platform

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Brilliant, all in one solution for my use case. Can use it for project tracking, calendar, reminders, training sessions and more

Pros:

I've moved all my projects across to Notion from Gsuite products to general tasks, everything is so easy to set up and organise, a life changer for tracking projects.

Cons:

Can be a bit intimidating at the beginning, some functionalities take some time to get used to, such as filters, views, editing properties, etc

scarlet
Social Media Consultant in Australia
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51–200 Employees

Best life app ever

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Literally amazing in every sense. It is fantastic in all aspects. wouldn’t change a thing

Pros:

Everything about motion is fantastic. I have used Notion to organize every aspect of my life for the last 2-3 years and I have had no problems.

Cons:

It takes a while to get used to, but honestly once you get the hang of it it’s amazing.

Brenden
CTO in Belgium
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Rolls Royce of documentation tools

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

The amount of features is astounding. The integration of databases and different views on these are a game changer to embed within documents.

Cons:

Creating an actual Wiki is a bit more complex.

Shalon
Nursepreneur in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

Notion is my best friend. I used to use Google Docs but this is at a whole other level.

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: It has allowed me to get serious about my online writing in a way that was just a dream before.

Pros:

I am able to take notes, write docs, write newsletters, write blog posts, Organize my everything I write in one place. I can search for anything I have ever written and find it fast. It is amazing.

Cons:

There are no cons as far as I am concerned.

Milica
HoL in Serbia
Hospitality, 11–50 Employees

Fantastic for personal and professional use

Comments: After using it for a week, I have texted almost all of my friends and partners to recommend it with a comment: "trust me, you don't know you need this tool" as I was thrilled to discover it. As someone who was using every single organizing tool under the Sun, I'd say there's nothing more flexible, user-friendly, and smarter than Notion. I am beyond grateful to the creators of this product, can't recommend it enough.

Pros:

1. Great flexibility - it allows you to custom your pages however you want, it's like all its competitors in one! Whether you need standard tables, text, mood board, project management tools, task lists, Notion has it all 2. Shortcuts and links for everything - once you become an advanced user, you'll finish your work faster you could ever imagine, as it has shortcuts for every action. You can also link pages, and pull out the data from one page to another, which is incredibly important when you're managing projects & people 3. Perfect for both personal and private use - I store my reading lists, to do's, home binder, and run my company in the same app 4. Large online community with lots of creative ideas on how to get the best out of this software.

Cons:

I would like it to be encrypted, and by far this is the only disadvantage I've found.

Kevin
Kevin
Business Owner in US
Media Production, 2–10 Employees

Project Manager for Life

Comments: I found my experience very good with notion I like everything from their real-time updates to what I use for project management and made it really easy I found myself using it all the time.

Pros:

From the project management system to the real time active changing. I found myself using notion all the time for my business. I love that I can have an easy template that someone else made and and change and customize it to my business needs. I also like how quick it loads up and how universal it is for my whole team.

Cons:

They're very few things I don't like about notion but if I had to be Uber critical I would say that the free version can only get you so far. I found myself wanting a lot of the features that the paid versions had but I still got a lot of good use out of the free version

Anastasia
Anastasia
Growth Marketing Manager in Germany
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

A great platform with amazing features

Comments: I really enjoy working with notion. I think you can easily replace many different tools with just one product and have a better overview of all your projects within one platform. We use it mainly with G-Suite and Slack. It is one of our main tools and I would't want to miss it in my daily routine. I think it is an amazing tool for collaborating but also gathering and elaborating ideas.

Pros:

I am a huge fan of notion. We use it company-wide as our intranet but also internally for project management, private and business notes as well as a collaboration tool in our marketing department. It is really dynamic and flexible and allows you to integrate many other products like, Google Docs/ Drive, Slack etc. You can configure each page in various ways and adjust the format to your needs. We also share it with our external coworkers and limit the sharing settings to singular pages or whole workspaces. We use it cross-departmental and plan our Marketing sprints with it.

Cons:

It has a lot of features which can very easily overwhelm you, when you start working with it. I recommend to have a handbook on how to use it and also setup some guidelines on the most important features to your company. There are still so many things, I do not know!

Jennifer
Jennifer
Independent Life Insurance Agent in US
Insurance, Self Employed

I Run My Life with Notion

Comments: I absolutely love Notion. Since the first day I discovered it, it has been in integral part of my business and personal functions. There isn't anything I haven't been able to use Notion for, so far.

Pros:

I use Notion as my Life Dashboard. It is the first thing I open in the morning, and it is open for the rest of the day. I use it for everything from trip planning to client records. I track my budget, my health, my tasks...everything.

Cons:

It took me a while to get a grasp on linking databases and I do wish it was a little more "user friendly" and intuitive...but there are tutorials and plenty of templates and examples.

Anja
Advisor in UK
Retail, 51–200 Employees

Best Multi-Function Platform

Comments: Notion allows me to manage my entire life, whether it comes to school/work, finances, or private life. I cannot name one platform that does what Notion does any better or to the same extent and I do not see myself departing from this platform any time soon - it is so versatile, so even when my life goes through drastic changes, I am able to adjust the way I use Notion to fit my needs.

Pros:

I use Notion mostly for taking notes - separate pages, toggles, to-do-lists, and tables make note taking so easy! I admire how customisable every page is and the many block options I have to make my experience personal and unique. Notion also allows me to make really effective to-do-lists and manage my tasks and projects because of this range of options. I find it particularly helpful that I can embed and link other pages, websites, and documents - it allows me to keep everything in one place.

Cons:

On occasion, Notion has not recognised that I have been online even when I have a stable wifi connection. This applies specifically to eduroam connections. Other than that, I cannot point out any other problems or negatives about this platform.

Layne
Global Head of Product Operations in UK
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Great tool for a company wiki (policies and procedures documentation, meeting notes, etc.)

Comments: I use Notion as a company wiki to share documentation, instructions, policies and procedures with everyone on my 52-person globally distributed team. It's where new team members go to find and work through their orientation checklists. It's where admins go to work through their onboarding checklists when a new person joins the team. And it's where every team member goes every day to read the extensive instruction manuals they use to do their jobs. It's very easy to create and share beautiful and clear content with Notion.

Pros:

I love how easy to use it is for content creators and readers alike. You can integrate all kinds of things: images, videos, html, databases, simple tables, etc. There are also lots of different types of heading (three sizes, with or without drop-down toggles to collapse them), which means the documents in our company wiki are very easy to navigate. I love using synced blocks when a rule or procedure is mentioned in more than one place—if you update one block, all of the others sync too so your documentation won't accidentally go out of date.

Cons:

I had to try really hard to think of one, honestly! I guess I wish there was an easy-to-find user management page. The only way I know how to manage permissions is to use the small window that pops up when you click "Share" in the upper right hand corner of any Notion page. It takes fair amount of scrolling or a fair number of clicks to find someone on my 50+ person team and change or remove their permissions when I need to.

Darlan
Darlan
CEO, ASSOCIAT RELATIONS & HEAD GRC+ in Brazil
Executive Office, 2–10 Employees

NOTION.SO: AI Writing Assistant is excellent!

Pros:

NOTION.SO: AI Writing Assistant is Excellent because it is a very complete, customizable, flexible platform, it has an API for several other platforms, among other features. Finally, the cost benefit is incredible, both for the price and for the integrity features, artificial intelligence.

Sheen
Product Manager in Spain
Public Safety, 11–50 Employees

Best documentation tool for your company

Pros:

Notion is by far the easiest to use tool to manage documents, share knowledge between teams or to simply take notes for meetings. It is literally a digital notebook. You can easily collaborate with your team members because you can have shared Notion pages. I love that Notion is so intuitive. There are so many commands that you can use to make the page look better in terms of its readability. They have put a lot of thought into making it an easy to use tool. I also like that they have mobile app, desktop app as well as browser availability. I have even used it for personal purposes, whether it is about making travel plans or making an integration with your website, Notion can be a great tool for it all.

Cons:

I think the only thing that Notion falls short in is the way Tables are presented. If you add a Table in your Notion page, it will have limited functions which makes me want to move out of Notion and maintain an excel or word doc. Otherwise Notion is a pretty complete application in itself. But when you make a table in Notion, you cannot really format your text within it. It is the least advanced function in Notion.

Eshaan
Product Designer in India
Internet, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Best Life OS there is

Comments: It's absolutely brilliant. I love the product, and love taking inspiration from other people who are using the product. There a many open source templates that you can use and organize your life on top of them.

Pros:

I first started using Notion at my workplace, where we had all our documentation in the notion workspace. It was really easy and inspiring to go thru the documents across company functions. Notion is the best thought organizer there is. Its easy to use and has excellent compatibility with other tools as well. I plan my holidays, website content, design system, documentation, etc all in notion. Special shout out to its Tables Construct which is by far the most amazing scalable piece of the software. Its got kanban view and gallery. All of which accommodate my keeps to a large extend.

Cons:

The mobile app isn't optimized enough yet. It's a bit slow even on newer phones.

Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Great versatile tool for businesses and personal use

Comments: We use Notion for a lot within our org, but mainly knowledge management. It's easy to organize and find your documents and document your processes to share with your team as a central hub. One of my favorite tools out there and indispensable really.

Pros:

The best thing about Notion is its flexibility, that you can customize it to work as almost anything in your day to day, whether its note taking, documentation, knowledge storing or anything else.

Cons:

Task management and collaboration can be improved, especially task management needs to get a big upgrade to be able to replace dedicated task management softwares for larger teams. Notion's big benefit, its customization abilities holds it back because although there's hundreds of templates, you do have to set it up and really educate your team on how to use it within your own organization's context, something dedicated task management solutions do for you. I never have to worry if someone "gets" Asana, but if I were to replace Asana with Notion I'd have to really educate my team on how to properly use Notion and all its tools. It's a fine balance to strike but overall Notion is doing a great job at it.

Emilio
SEO in Spain
E-Learning, Self Employed

A Comprehensive Productivity and Organizational Tool for Individuals and Teams

Comments: Overall, Notion is a comprehensive and flexible productivity and organizational tool that can be very useful for students and professionals alike. While it does have a few limitations, it is well worth considering for anyone looking to improve their productivity and organization.

Pros:

Notion is a comprehensive productivity and organizational tool that is gaining popularity among students and professionals alike. As someone who has used Notion extensively, I can speak to the many pros and a few cons of this platform.One of the standout features of Notion is its flexibility and versatility. It can be used as a note-taking app, task manager, project management tool, and much more. It also offers a wide range of formatting options and the ability to insert images and other media into notes, which can be very useful for students and professionals alike. Notion also offers excellent cross-platform support, with apps available for all major desktop and mobile operating systems.Another key advantage of Notion is its robust search function, which makes it easy to find specific notes or information within your notebooks. This can be especially helpful for users with large collections of notes or those who need to frequently reference past notes. Notion also offers robust collaboration features, including the ability to share notes and notebooks with others and work on them together in real-time.

Cons:

One issue is that the free version of Notion is somewhat limited in terms of features and storage space. Users who want access to all of the platform's features and a larger storage allotment will need to upgrade to a paid subscription. Additionally, Notion's interface can be somewhat cluttered and overwhelming for some users, which can make it more difficult to navigate and use. Finally, some users have reported performance issues with the Notion app on certain devices, which can be frustrating.

Koffi
CEO in Togo
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

My testimony and avaluation of Notion

Comments: Overall, my experience using Notion for task and project management has been positive. The platform offers a wide range of features such as task scheduling, editing and updating, progress tracking, project planning, and integration with other apps and services, that allows me to stay organized and manage my work effectively. The user interface is intuitive and easy to navigate, making it simple to use even for someone who is new to the software. The ability to create custom properties and use tags enables me to categorize and sort my tasks in a way that makes sense for me. Additionally, the ability to embed other types of content like images, videos, and documents in my pages, allows me to keep all my project related information in one place. However, I have found that the integration with other apps and services could be improved, and the mobile app experience could be more user-friendly. Overall, Notion has been a great tool for me to increase my productivity and stay organized.

Pros:

I have been using Notion for task and project management for several months now, and I have found that one feature that I particularly appreciate is the flexibility of the platform. Notion allows me to customize and tailor the way I organize my tasks and projects to my specific needs. The ability to create custom properties and use tags enables me to categorize and sort my tasks in a way that makes sense for me. Additionally, the ability to embed other types of content like images, videos, and documents in my pages, allows me to keep all my project related information in one place. I also appreciate the simplicity of the platform, it allows me to focus on my work and not getting lost in a maze of settings and options. Overall, the flexibility and simplicity of Notion is a feature that I particularly appreciate, it helps me to stay organized and productive.

Cons:

I have found that one feature that I particularly dislike is the limited integration with other apps and services. While it's possible to integrate with other apps like Google Drive and Trello, it still doesn't provide the same level of seamless integration as other project management tools. Additionally, the lack of real-time collaboration tools such as in-app chat or video conferencing makes it difficult to work efficiently with my team. Furthermore, I found the mobile app experience to be a bit clunky and not as user-friendly as the web version. Overall, while Notion offers some integration and collaboration features, it could be improved to provide a more seamless experience across different apps and platforms.

Dhruvil
FOUNDER in India
Computer & Network Security, Self Employed

Notion Review For Project Management

Comments: Notion is a powerful tool for project management, offering a range of features that can improve team collaboration, task management, and productivity. Its customizable interface, flexible task management, collaboration tools, rich media integration, and mobile app make it a popular choice for many teams. However, its steep learning curve, limited export options, limited integrations, pricing model, and customization challenges are potential weaknesses to consider when deciding whether Notion is the right tool for your project management needs.

Pros:

1. customizable Interface: Notion's interface is highly customizable, allowing users to create a workspace that suits their needs. This means that users can create project management templates that fit their workflows, which can save time and increase productivity.2. Flexible Task Management: Notion allows users to create tasks, set deadlines, and assign them to team members. The software offers various views, including list, board, calendar, and kanban, allowing users to choose the view that works best for them.3. Collaboration Tools: Notion's collaboration tools, including comments and mentions, make it easy for team members to communicate and work together on projects. This feature can improve team collaboration and reduce communication barriers.4. Rich Media Integration: Notion allows users to add a range of rich media, including images, videos, and files, making it easy to keep project-related information in one place. This feature can save time and reduce the need for multiple tools.5. Mobile App: Notion's mobile app allows users to access their projects on the go, making it easy to stay on top of tasks and collaborate with team members from anywhere.

Cons:

1. Learning Curve: Notion has a steep learning curve, especially for new users. This can be a challenge for some teams and may require additional training or support.2. Limited Export Options: While Notion offers a range of import options, it has limited export options. This means that users may find it difficult to move their data out of Notion if they decide to switch to a different tool.3. Limited Integrations: Notion has limited integrations with other software tools, which may limit its usefulness for some teams. However, it does offer integrations with popular tools like Google Drive, Slack, and Trello.4. Pricing: Notion's pricing model can be expensive for larger teams, especially if they require access to premium features like guest access and version history.5. Customization Challenges: While Notion's customizable interface is a strength, it can also be a weakness. Customization can lead to cluttered workspaces, which can be challenging to navigate for some users.

Andrew
Andrew
Digital Sherpa in Germany
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Having used so many other tools this one has changed my business goals

Pros:

Notion keeps me on track. I generate a lot of content and documentation for my client projects and keeping up with the dozens of pieces that I need to produce and share each week would never succeed without Notion.

Cons:

Two things: Notion is hard to get started with. I had to go back early on and redo many of my initial ideas of working with Notion. Templates are a good way to get started. Secondly, you must be connected to the internet for Notion to work. I travel a lot and work in places where internet availability is not always guaranteed.

Carol
CEO in US
Arts & Crafts, 2–10 Employees

The ultimate all-in-one tool for projects

Comments: Notion is a robust tool that's transformed how I handle my ideas and projects. The level of customization is unlike any other, and having an AI assistant at my fingertips is like a dream. Despite the initial learning hurdle and the consideration of cost for the full suite of features, I find Notion to be a like a swiss army knife and an indispensable asset in my work life.

Pros:

- Flexibility: Customizing pages in Notion is a breeze, allowing me to organize everything just the way I like using different content blocks. I can just write plain text, attach images and files, and set up interlinked databases that I can view in multiple formats such as table, list, calendar, gallery, etc. - Notion AI Assistant: A real time-saver that helps keep my productivity levels high since I can draft up proposals, project updates, and emails that would otherwise take me much longer writing from scratch. - Template Gallery: Offers a good starting point for various projects and use cases. - Seamless Integrations: Connects with other tools I use, simplifying my workflow.

Cons:

- Steep Learning Curve: Initially, it can be daunting, and you really have to make sure that you don't fall into the trap of overly complicating your set up. You may end up trying to utilize too many of Notion's features that it becomes overwhelming to use. - Cost Considerations: The free version is great for small personal use, but if you're using this for your business, you'll probably want to choose the paid plans, which is where the cost starts adding up with the per member pricing. The AI Assistant is an additional cost as well.