Notion Reviews

4.7 (1,443) Write a Review!

About Notion

Notion is the all-in-one workspace for notes, projects, documents, and collaboration.

Learn more about Notion

Pros:

Furthermore, there are plenty of tutorials provided by Notion and they have an excellent support team. They really hear what the users ask and they frequently implement the requested features.

Cons:

Without recurring tasks and less task-oriented features it was a tough call to make. I wanted it to work so badly.

Notion ratings

4.3
4.5
4.6
4.6

9.0/10

Notion has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 1,443 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Notion before?

Filter reviews (1,443)

Mohammad
Mohammad
Technical Office Engineer in Kuwait
Civil Engineering, 51–200 Employees

Notion drives productivity with its intuitive & powerful project management & planning capabilities.

Comments: Notion exceeds my expectations with its exceptional planning & collaboration tools, rich workspace management & build-up and facilitation towards steering our project progression towards completion. The utility has continuously assisted our engineering team in accomplishing multiple government & private construction projects since its implementation into our workplace.

Pros:

The ability to set up & customize my entire virtual workspace from a single platform is truly mind-boggling, & Notion does just that with its incredible multi-project management utilities to run our numerous construction projects without interruptions. The snappy performance & masterfully-crafted interface found on the web, mobile & desktop versions makes Notion one of the most versatile productivity applications out there. As a site engineer, it is my utmost priority to ensure resources are being efficiently utilized on site without causing any progress delays. Notion plays a crucial role in helping me organize & visualize my current & upcoming tasks as well as which ones require immediate attention to remain on track with the project schedule. Assigning workforce & performing reallocations is done easily using Notion & that helps me further optimize my workforce to drive progression in our project. Collaborating with our engineering crew to virtually meet & resolve several project obstacles have been one of the strongest use-case scenarios with this utility.

Cons:

I cannot think of a limitation encountered with the service. Notion catalyses my work & it's just perfect the way it is.

Tracy
Tracy
CEO in US
Hospital & Health Care, 2–10 Employees

The ROI on Learning Notion is Immeasurable

Comments: Awesome experience. Now my digital biz has real structure, organization and is customized to how I wanted my operations to be set up.

Pros:

Freedom! Learning to use Notion has released me from the captivity of multiple software services and many-stepped business operations. I didn’t own a cell phone until I was 29 (that’s how old I am) so using apps and software services doesn’t come naturally - I had to sit and learn, watch YT vids, read alllll the help docs. But now I can pretty much build or integrate anything my company needs. I’m practically a software developer now. Plus, it’s inexpensive and can integrate w basically everything, if u don’t have time to make it yourself in Notion. They also have a great community and their company “vibe” is upbeat, motivational and encouraging - even for this “old” startup lady.

Cons:

I have to teach each new employee how to use it and show new clients too - I’ve made video tutorials to help, but it’s always a time investment (which is worth it, eventually).

Joypatience
Joypatience
COO in Ghana
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Notion Product Review

3.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: The experience I have had with Notion is that I'm able to keep track of tasks that I assign my juniors. Also helps with scheduling tasks and that helps with reminding me of things I might forget to do. All in all, it has been an amazing tool for my business.

Pros:

Notion has powerful collaboration features that allow us as a company to share and work together on pages and projects in real time.

Cons:

Notion can have a steep learning curve, especially for users who are new to the platform or not familiar with similar productivity tools.

Design, 11–50 Employees

The Best Productivity and Project Management Tool in the Market

Comments: Overall, this is one of top best tools for my personal and work productivity, product management, and digital content organizing tool. I highly appreciate Notion!

Pros:

Not only do I appreciate the design of Notion, which is clean, modern, and easy to navigate, it's a wide range of views and templates that perfectly suit my needs, including calendars, task lists, project boards, and knowledge bases. Notion's real-time collaboration allows my team members to work on projects together in a single interface, commenting and updating information is easy. It also made me use Notion for my personal and business, and now my life has evolved with Notion. It integrates my life, and my work thru devices like my iPhone, iPad, and multiple computers. Just the perfect tool for me and others, both personal and business. Highly recommend it!

Cons:

Accessing shared pages in Notion as a guest is a little more involved than downloading a shared file from Google Drive. However, it is still possible to view shared pages in Notion without creating an account, as long as you have the correct link and the person who shared the page has set the correct sharing permissions. Besides this, Notion is perfect!

Michael Jacob
Michael Jacob
Student in Philippines
Computer Software, Self Employed

Notion is a great versatile tool for note-taking management, and for task and project management.

5.0 last month New

Comments: It's a pleasure to use for organizing tasks, projects, and notes.

Pros:

- Databases- Reminders Feature in Email and in Notification in Phones- Student Discount for unlimited file storage.- File Sharing is simple.- Full Text Search

Cons:

- No E2E encryption. Notion's Employees can see your data.- Notion can be slightly slow on Low-End Devices.- Needs constant internet to work.

Eric
Eric
Digital Marketer in UK
Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

Notion Review

Comments: Notion is by far the best that I have used, it has given me so much joy that I can't stop using it.

Pros:

I like that it offers a high level of customization and flexibility in organizing and managing information, also users can create custom views and layouts that fit their specific needs and workflow.

Cons:

What I like least is that it can have a steep learning curve for new users as it offers a wide range of features and functionalities, which can be overwhelming for users who are not familiar with the platform.

Sarwat Mahdi
Sarwat Mahdi
Media Buyer in Bangladesh

A Superstar software for your Daily Task management

5.0 last month New

Comments: Notion is exceptionally user-friendly and highly collaborative. The platform was extremely user-friendly right away, and no internal nor external training was necessary before the full team could start using it. Never before have I used software in a firm that took off so swiftly, I believe!

Pros:

For whatever you want, Notion is the ideal combo. Our team has experimented with a ton of organizational software, but Notion has shown to be the most effective. The thing I appreciate most about Notion is that you may use it as you choose; it doesn't compel you to follow a certain technique; it merely provides you with the means to do so.

Cons:

People should do their own research to determine which characteristics are best and whether Notion satisfies those requirements. Notion can be used as a substitute for Trello or Asana, but it won't meet all of your demands for these programs.

vijay
vijay
Manager in India
Textiles, 2–10 Employees

Must-have Notes Application

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Notion is a very well made application with excellent top features to support flexibility and collaboration with the team for notes. I just hope with the new AI, any integrations soon start in Notion as well with automatic creation according to prompt.

Pros:

Easy to use, easy to start working with, easy to collaborate with team. The User interface is beautiful. The notes can be shown in a customized fashion. Notes are also displayed with a top page photo which is so perfect feature for me.

Cons:

Nothing in particular is bad about Notion. New AI intregrations would go a long way for notes creation. Auto transcribing in meetings would be a good idea as well.

maria mercedes
maria mercedes
COO in Argentina
Consumer Goods, 11–50 Employees

Note taking and organizing super easy!

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: I use it with my team and it's super easy to take notes, share important stuff with a couple of clicks, organize work, ideas and information in general

Pros:

It's incredibly easy to use, lots of tools to use and explore

Cons:

Honestly, so far nothing. It has lots of things I like

Vasishta
Vasishta
Founder in India
Entertainment, 2–10 Employees

Notion - My views

Pros:

Notion is considered a versatile software that offers a wide range of features, such as project planning and scheduling, knowledge base management, task management, and content management, that allow me to stay organized and on top of my tasks and projects. The software is known for its ease of use, with a simple and intuitive user interface. It is designed to be flexible and adaptable to different users' needs and workflows. I find it easy to customize and integrate with my existing business processes. Overall, I find Notion to be a very user-friendly and powerful productivity tool.

Cons:

I found that the learning curve for Notion can be steep, particularly for those new to the software. I may find it difficult to understand how all of the features fit together and how to customize the tool to my specific needs.Additionally, I have also found that Notion's pricing can be a bit high for individuals or small teams.Other features that I found missing are advanced analytics and reporting tools, which could be a limitation for me.It's important to note that these are just some of the potential drawbacks or limitations of Notion and that it may not be the best tool for everyone. It's always a good idea to try out the software for yourself and see how it fits with your workflow before making a decision.

Lirim
Chemist in US
Biotechnology, 501–1,000 Employees

One of the best productivity apps for anyone who wants to keep themself productive.

Comments: Absolutely amazing. My life is so much easier and I get now more time to spend with my family thanks to Notion.

Pros:

NOTION is a true lifesaver productivity app for anyone who really cares to deliver the best of him/her by the end of the day. Once you open the app you will have option to customize the pages you see on the left side, create new ones, include links, add people who you work with, tag them, add pictures, prioritize your tasks, set deadlines and set a reminder for every deadline you set of. It basically has everything I would ask for, almost perfect and it saves me a lot of time by keeping me organize throughout the day.

Cons:

The only thing I like the least about this software is the font, it has very limited fonts to choose from. I wish they had more.

Hasan
Marketer in Canada
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

versatile and powerful tool to help you organize your docs, and manage your tasks

Comments: I find it to be a very versatile and powerful tool that has greatly improved my ability to organize and manage my work. The clean interface, availability on multiple platforms, and the variety of integrations with other tools and services make it a pleasure to use.In many ways, I consider it to be the new Google Drive, but with more flexibility and customization options. I would definitely recommend Notion to anyone looking for a better way to organize and manage their work.

Pros:

It is highly customizable and can be used for a wide range of purposes, including project management, note taking, and task tracking. I also like it because it's easy to use and has a clean and intuitive interface. Additionally, it is available on the web, mobile and desktop.

Cons:

I found it hard to use Notion on iPads and with Apple Pencils. While it's very intuitive on laptop, it's doesn't feel the same on an iPad when using a pencil.

Ngha
Ngha
Data Analyst in Cameroon

My second brain, Now I can remember all I learn thanks to notion

Comments: The program known as Notion has a very high degree of adaptability. Because of their databases, which allow for a variety of displays, including calendar, Kanban, table, and list formats. It was quite easy to understand and enjoyable to use, in my opinion. It is entirely comprehensible to me how this might take the place of something like Google Docs and serve as a hub for your team. The very thought of it is astounding. My life is going to be lot simpler from now on. If only I had this concept while I was in school, I would be an encyclopedia right now.

Pros:

The way notion links up and create connections between your knowledge is spectacular, you would think you are using a relational database management software. It is easily customization and also has powerful functions that you can use to extend its capability. Notion has a great community who have developed templates for almost anything conceivable and most of these templates are for free. Another thing is the seamless integration with the mobile app, its like you are actually working on the same device

Cons:

Notion has limited fonts and styling. The most painful part of notion is the inability to set recurrent tasks in notion, it is a pain, you have to buy addons to be able to achieve this

Dennis
Partner in UK
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

A vital tool

Comments: The initial learning curve* is sooooooo worth it; I now manage just about everything through Notion. For me, it's the '2nd brain' that the likes of [SENSITIVE CONTENT]
bang on about (and with good reason) - I'm more organised, more productive and less stressed.
*Only to use it more extensively; if you just want an Evernote or OneNote alternative, it's as easy as they are)

Pros:

Enables me to record, note and plan things in whatever way works best at the time, and then find it again, instantly!

Cons:

As a new user, it takes a little planning to maximise some of its benefits; I needed to rethink the structure behind many things that had previously existed purely as notes.

Daniel
Strategic Partnerships in Australia
Hospital & Health Care, 501–1,000 Employees

Notion: The Best FREE Note-taking software to date!

Comments: Ultimately, I would recommend Notion to anyone in an instant. It has a suite of features, user-friendly UI and organisation benefits. Furthermore, the personal subscription recently became free for everyone and the business prices are reasonable, giving people no reason not to use Notion. I believe that Nation can fit into many workflows very easily due to its plethora of features.

Pros:

Notion is absolutely brimming with useful features and is the Swiss army knife of note-taking applications. The overall software is so minimalistic and intuitive to use that I personally learnt it within a few days. The whole software revolves around using "/ " to create blocks and edit text; for example, a /toggle would create a toggle block which acts as a dot point except that you can hide/show it. This makes the learning curve of notion virtually non-existent and creates unparalleled flexibility in the structure and style. I find that the simple and uncluttered UI helps clear my mind and focus on the current task. The data management is superb with extensive sorting, classification and customisation features for the spreadsheet and databases functions. The timeline features are also an extremely welcome addition in the recent updates and allow for the seamless moving of date-specific records. There are countless useful templates as well which certainly help give me ideas about what I wanted my Notion notes to look like.

Cons:

Some features make little sense and unfortunately cannot be disabled. One of these issues occurs when clicking on a page in a table and it opens up as a tiny square and you need to press "Open as page," to make the page full screen. This is just a small annoyance and is honestly not that big of a deal. Another lacking feature is the scarce customisation options for text formatting however there are solutions to this through Google Text Fonts. There are also a few limitations of the free Personal Plan but if you needed the full collaborative features of Notion, your company would usually pay for that. The offline mode for Notion is frankly quite bad as you have to preload the pages when you have internet beforehand. Otherwise, your notes would be inaccessible. However, this isn't at all a deal-breaker as there is usually internet everywhere. Notion has also indicated that they are focusing on this problem for future updates. The mobile app is also sluggish at times but it is mostly alright.

Nitin
Nitin
Senior Graphics Designer in India
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Exteremely affordable project management tool for freelancers and design agencies

Comments: Overall, it's a must tool for freelancers who are into designing businesses or working for multiple clients at once. I will not recommend you go for a team plan or enterprise plan until you have more team members.

Pros:

I loved their user interface where I can do anything from scribbling to creating doc task lists. Its quirky templates help me get my work done in a cool way as I am a designer and love creativity in my work. No more boring emails and assignments.One more thing is it's very affordable if you want to purchase an enterprise or team plan which exposes more team member access and a dedicated manager.

Cons:

Even if it's affordable, its paid plan doesn't have much for freelancers compared to the free plan of notion. More features make things complicated and sometimes heavy in terms of getting a quick overview.

Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

All in one Editor

Comments: Using it as my go-to tool for note-taking, project tracking, and sharing a common knowledge base across people. Use it for personal use cases for tracking my startup growth.

Pros:

Excellent note-taking tool. Good for document storage and sharing. It also has a feature profile management, for personal and company usage. Files can be shared and made available publically. Good pre-defined setup for project tracking and management. My personal favorite is the Page icon and the cover icon of the page. Amazing community and pre-defined templates available for all general use cases.

Cons:

It just can't be used directly, and comes with a decent learning curve. More integrations with tools needed, also support for more coding languages.

Layne
Global Head of Product Operations in UK
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Great tool for a company wiki (policies and procedures documentation, meeting notes, etc.)

Comments: I use Notion as a company wiki to share documentation, instructions, policies and procedures with everyone on my 52-person globally distributed team. It's where new team members go to find and work through their orientation checklists. It's where admins go to work through their onboarding checklists when a new person joins the team. And it's where every team member goes every day to read the extensive instruction manuals they use to do their jobs. It's very easy to create and share beautiful and clear content with Notion.

Pros:

I love how easy to use it is for content creators and readers alike. You can integrate all kinds of things: images, videos, html, databases, simple tables, etc. There are also lots of different types of heading (three sizes, with or without drop-down toggles to collapse them), which means the documents in our company wiki are very easy to navigate. I love using synced blocks when a rule or procedure is mentioned in more than one place—if you update one block, all of the others sync too so your documentation won't accidentally go out of date.

Cons:

I had to try really hard to think of one, honestly! I guess I wish there was an easy-to-find user management page. The only way I know how to manage permissions is to use the small window that pops up when you click "Share" in the upper right hand corner of any Notion page. It takes fair amount of scrolling or a fair number of clicks to find someone on my 50+ person team and change or remove their permissions when I need to.

Aleksandr
Aleksandr
Principal Software Engineer in US
Computer Software, 501–1,000 Employees

One of tools I would not hesitate to recommend.

Comments: Perfect product, priced exactly as it should be.

Pros:

Notions acts as a backbone of your team in a term of article storage and discussion place. You see, it is very easy to say "a lot of systems offer article and document storage" but in reality most of them lack clean representation, simple but working hierarchy, sound way to discuss the document, comment it, and notify about the changes. More, notions allows you to attach arbitrary files and images to the document. You may even expose some pages of notion as a part of your website and they do look organic! Tables, icons, images, backrounds, labels - it is all there. Right you may name a lot of similar systems, but there is an distinctive thing about notions: it is concentrated on articles and information and it does that great! Notion offers very easy to learn, fast way to create document, similar to one you may find on Medium. We've tried a number of different approaches, including basecamp, confluence, slack, dropbox paper - notions is a clear winner. Notions does have native application for the both desktops and mobile systems. Notion may be integrated with a number of other products including Slack. You may even build your website using nothing else but notion itself. Notion requires just a bit of time to understand how much actually can be expressed with text, tables, checkboxes, labels, comments, images and files. This is revolution made using the set of a very simple things.

Cons:

Here I am looking at 100min counter and having no idea what to write. The only thing what I am really scared of is that notion may attempt to change the focus and instead of master of articles become jack of all trades. Right now it is one of the rare products I use every day without any regrets.

Milica
HoL in Serbia
Hospitality, 11–50 Employees

Fantastic for personal and professional use

Comments: After using it for a week, I have texted almost all of my friends and partners to recommend it with a comment: "trust me, you don't know you need this tool" as I was thrilled to discover it. As someone who was using every single organizing tool under the Sun, I'd say there's nothing more flexible, user-friendly, and smarter than Notion. I am beyond grateful to the creators of this product, can't recommend it enough.

Pros:

1. Great flexibility - it allows you to custom your pages however you want, it's like all its competitors in one! Whether you need standard tables, text, mood board, project management tools, task lists, Notion has it all 2. Shortcuts and links for everything - once you become an advanced user, you'll finish your work faster you could ever imagine, as it has shortcuts for every action. You can also link pages, and pull out the data from one page to another, which is incredibly important when you're managing projects & people 3. Perfect for both personal and private use - I store my reading lists, to do's, home binder, and run my company in the same app 4. Large online community with lots of creative ideas on how to get the best out of this software.

Cons:

I would like it to be encrypted, and by far this is the only disadvantage I've found.

Sven
Tech Integretanist in Germany
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

Allrounder

Comments: All in all, Notion is top of the game when it comes to customization. No longer do you have to take an off-the-shelf software and adapt to it. With Notion, everything adapts to your needs and stays always customizable. A must for any user looking for freedom and structure at the same time when it comes to organizing your thoughts, life, project and products.

Pros:

There‘s not much Notion can‘t seem to do. You can easily adjust it entirely to your liking - however, there is a pretty steep learning curve. Once you got it, though, the sky is your limit. Create as many pages as you‘d like, nest them within each other, shake up your hierarchy and even link databases onto other sites. The creative freedom concerning the hierarchy of your pages is phenomenal.

Cons:

Lots of time spent getting to know Notion‘s myriad of options which results in a lot of studying early on and in a pretty steep learning curve. Luckily, there are tons of useful resources and learning videos including templates you can use and customize to your liking. I really wish it had a better stylus/pen integration for quick and easy hand-written notes.

Alson
Alson
Creative Director in Singapore
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Notion has completely replaced my notebook!

Comments: Overall, Notion is an indispensable app for our company. I've even started to use it for my personal life and side projects. It's really the best note organization app in the market.

Pros:

The beauty of this application is that it can fit whatever requirements you would need from a notebook. You can define your own templates, you can define how every page looks. You can. even define who can view what you wrote. Organization is a breeze with the number of pages you can nest under each other. We have found that opening a page for each project works best.

Cons:

There is simply no cons for this software! My colleagues and I use it every day without fail. We even share pages of it to our clients.

Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Probably the best aesthetic all rounded application.

Pros:

There's so many things that I love about Notion. A good starting point is that Notion can be used for so many things. Note taking, planning, journaling, project management is just a few. Personally, I use it for daily planning, keeping track of my assignments and planning college work and studying for exams. I also use it for project management because I can easily track and plan projects in the same place as I keep my resources. Another great pro about Notion is all the available templates that you can customize. If you are going for a more professional look or if you want an artsy aesthetic look, you can change it to any way you want. Most templates are free but there are paid versions that you can buy as well. Notion is also supported on many devices so you can just view your plans on the go. To add to that, there's many free widgets you could use to add to the various features in Notion. Notion has in built databases, Kanban boards, to do lists, tables, and so many features that you can tweak and use in so many ways.

Cons:

The only con about Notion is that its not very beginner friendly. It can take a while to get used to all the features and how to use them efficiently. Setting up Notion to how you want it can take a bit of time but this is worth it in the long run. There are many tutorials which you can use to learn and starter templates that you could use, but if you want something very specific and is a picky person it might take time to set things up. Using things like databases requires a bit of knowledge so I would suggest looking at a few tutorials before deep diving into customization. The good things is that the tutorials are abundant so you won't be lost. Putting in the time to get exactly what you want is definitely good for the long run.

Automotive, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Review for Notion

Comments: Notion is a productivity and management tool that provides users with a wealth of options to manage their activities, projects, and notes. Many users appreciate its adaptability and customizability features, which let users build notes, tasks, wikis, and databases all on the same platform.Notion can build versatile, nested databases, which is one of its best features. Users have a great deal of flexibility in how they organise and monitor information by creating various sorts of databases, such as tables, boards, or calendars, and linking and nesting them. Users can also add custom fields, tags, and links to connect relevant objects, making it simple to keep track of their work and reference material.One more function that many users like

Pros:

Notion is a highly versatile and customizable productivity and organization tool that offers a variety of features for users to keep track of their tasks, projects, and notes. One of the most liked feature of Notion, is its ability to function as a all in one work space, allowing users to create notes, tasks, wikis, and even databases, all within one platform.One of the features that users particularly like in Notion, is the ability to create flexible and nested databases. Notion allows users to create different types of databases like a table, a board, or a calendar, which can be linked and nested, giving a high degree of flexibility in organizing and tracking information. Users can also add custom fields, tags, and link related items together, making it easy to keep track of their work and reference information.Another feature that many users appreciate is the ability to format and style their notes and documents in a way that is visually appealing and easy to read. Notion offers a wide range of formatting options and templates that allow users to create beautiful and well-organized notes, documents, and project pages. Additionally, the templates library provides a range of pre-designed pages for different kind of tasks, such as creating a personal journal, a meeting notes, a project dashboard and more.Lastly, the ability to share and collaborate on documents, tasks, and projects in real-time, makes it an ideal tool for remote teams and is also highly valued by many u

Cons:

One aspect of Notion that some users might not enjoy is how complicated it is and how steep the learning curve is. Some users may find it challenging to immediately grasp and completely utilise all of Notion's features due to the tool's robust customization possibilities and nesting capabilities. Users who desire a clear organisation tool may find this irritating.The limitations of the free edition are yet another characteristic that some users might not appreciate. A free version of Notion's service is available, but it has restrictions on the number of blocks, integrations, and team members that can be added. For users with more complex requirements, this may provide a barrier, necessitating an upgrade to a paying plan.

Eshaan
Product Designer in India
Internet, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Best Life OS there is

Comments: It's absolutely brilliant. I love the product, and love taking inspiration from other people who are using the product. There a many open source templates that you can use and organize your life on top of them.

Pros:

I first started using Notion at my workplace, where we had all our documentation in the notion workspace. It was really easy and inspiring to go thru the documents across company functions. Notion is the best thought organizer there is. Its easy to use and has excellent compatibility with other tools as well. I plan my holidays, website content, design system, documentation, etc all in notion. Special shout out to its Tables Construct which is by far the most amazing scalable piece of the software. Its got kanban view and gallery. All of which accommodate my keeps to a large extend.

Cons:

The mobile app isn't optimized enough yet. It's a bit slow even on newer phones.