RUN Powered by ADP Reviews

• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.3 /5

About RUN Powered by ADP

RUN simplifies payroll and HR with a comprehensive set of easy-to-use tools, all backed by ADPs small business expertise.

Learn more about RUN Powered by ADP

Jeremy C.
Franchisee
Consumer Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/7/2020

"Powerful Enough for Large Companies"

Comments: Paying employees weekly or biweekly has been simplified.

Pros: I've used a few payroll companies during my time but ADP always seems to be the most dependable and reliable.

Cons: With convenience is going to come cost. However, the newer level additions have made programs more customizable and tailored to individual business owners.

by ADP on 24/8/2020

Jeremy,

How wonderful to hear that both our top notch RUN? Service Team and our powerful payroll engine provide you with features tailored to YOU. We appreciate you entrusting us with your partnership on your human capital management needs.

-Your RUN? Service Team

• Reviewed on 22/7/2020
Roxanne J.
Executive Director
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/5/2021

"Doing payroll in ADP in VERY easy!"

Comments: Since I didn't do payroll before I started working at my current position, I feel that it is fairly easy to use. If I can learn to use it, anyone can.

Pros: I like the ease of running all of the reports and that most of the ones you need are listed as standard reports. They also prepared PPP loan reports as standard reports to make your life easier.

Cons: I don't like that when you have to divide salary employees into different accounts that it only keeps the first amount you put in. You have to manually add the other amounts every time.

by ADP on 24/5/2021

Roxanne,

We thank you for your review of RUN Powered by ADP? and couldn't be happier to hear that our product delivers for you.

Adding value through our services and giving you time back into your day through our products is truly what we strive for and we are pleased to hear that has been the experience for you.

• Reviewed on 22/5/2021
Ashli A.
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/10/2020

"Payroll Review"

Comments: Sales process was very smooth you have a great sales team. after that it felt more like a number they were not as kind hearted sounding. but I fortunately have been able to use very easily.

Pros: This software has made it easy to use and our team loves having direct deposit as it was something not offered by the previous [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Cons: Customer service once you sign up was a little lower but I haven't had too many questions so that isn't supper horrible

by ADP on 26/10/2020

Ashli,

Thank you for your feedback on RUN Powered by ADP?!

We are happy to hear that RUN? offers you features and functionality that are easy to use and efficient!

We value your partnership on your human capital management needs. We hope on our future interactions we can provide you with a service experience as superior as your experience with RUN.

- Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team

• Reviewed on 6/10/2020
HRIS Analyst
  • Reviewed on 27/3/2018

"Overall experience as Admin to use this tool is very decent."

Pros: This tool is used for Global Data management (HR & Payroll) by us. Features are very helpful and easy to understand by the end users. Reporting functions is very convenient to customize the report as per user request. This application is compatible with IE browser.

Cons: Time out of one log in session page is less.
It is very sensitive with any Java updates.
Application is not running in all browsers with ease.
Sometime will face issue of unexpected outage of the tool.

by ADP on 29/3/2018

Hi -

Thank you for your review of our Workforce Now system. I am glad the tool is very helpful and easy for you to use.

• Reviewed on 27/3/2018
Official Member
Civic & Social Organization, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/5/2018

"All-inclusive payroll solution"

Pros: ADP offers to take a lot of the work off your hands - 401k administration, tax reporting, new hire reporting, compliance testing. Makes it easy to have remote employees in multiple states.

Cons: The interface is old. Very text-based. Also, there are almost too many ADP solutions, employees get confused which site they are supposed to be logging into. ADP solutions also seem to cross wires here and there because there has been a few times where I have logged into RUN and it brings me to a random ADP page. I try again and it works correctly.

• Reviewed on 24/5/2018
Aaron S.
  • Reviewed on 30/8/2016

"Great Solution for Automation in Small Business"

Pros: RUN works well and is a simple solution for a small business looking to run payroll with great support. Automation is essential in a small business, especially when wearing many hats. RUN powers payroll without causing headaches and also allows me to focus on my business. The integration with WAVE is an added bonus, which is a free accounting/books software that's getting better with every update. Adjusting pay is easy and it is essentially on autopilot for my business. Check with your local certified accountant as you may be able to get a discount through them.

Cons: RUN can be expensive, especially when it is bundled with a simple IRA and investing account. Getting setup can take some time as well, especially if you are just starting out in your business. But its definitely worth the money to get the support and features that it offers.

• Reviewed on 30/8/2016
Frank N.
RMA specialist
Computer Software
  • Reviewed on 25/8/2016

"ADP - Power of Employee Resource"

Pros: I am able to Enroll in or change benefits information Make changes related to life events such as marriage, moving, birth of a child View pay statements and W-2 information Change W-4 tax information Set up direct deposit Manage your 401(K) and retirement accounts Update your contact information Use online tools such as retirement planners or payroll calculators

Cons: Holds to much personal information at high risk of hacking

• Reviewed on 25/8/2016
Talha A.
HR
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/2/2019

"Payroll made Simple"

Comments: Simpler and efficient system for all staff. Easy access to all payroll information on web and mobile platform .

Pros: Easiest to pull all kind of customized reports. Weather it be accrued PTO, W2s, Employee data. Easy to update time cards Easy to check my vacation, time off accruals. Simple Help Menus Easy tax calculations on paychecks Great and helpful customer service Best solution for small business

Cons: Would have been better if Direct deposit or W4 information could be swiftly changed

• Reviewed on 11/2/2019
Roxanne C.
Civil Engineering, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/2/2021

"Overall Good Payroll Software"

Comments: Overall my experience has been great. It is a reliable system with good customer service when needed. I can chat or call reps and reach someone fairly quickly.

Pros: The ease of editing employee information and calculating net pay for bonuses or final checks is great.

Cons: Some of the instructions are not very clear when it comes to setting up the paid time off (vacation and sick pay).

by ADP on 1/3/2021

Roxanne,

We welcome all feedback to ensure RUN Powered by ADP? continues to empower small businesses to more efficiently manage their payroll and HCM needs. We are happy to hear that RUN provides you with ease of use and top notch service.

We are sorry to hear of your experience with PTO instructions and have passed this feedback to our Product Team. We are always working to enhance RUN and delight our users.

Your feedback is very important to us here at ADP so we thank you for the review.

- Your RUN Powered by ADP? Team

• Reviewed on 25/2/2021
Fara T.
Finance & HR Manager
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/8/2017

"When describing RUN for payroll services I say I spend more time logging in than entering payroll!"

Comments: The ability to enter payroll quickly and accurately on the fly it isn't an all day task.

Pros: Ease of use, clarity of data, easily knowing how much cash is required and ease of finding errors. Did I use the word easy to much ... no if I had to describe RUN in 2 two it would be Fast and Easy. I have used other payroll platforms including other ADP platforms and have found RUN to be the best I have ever used. I highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a payroll service.

Cons: I have no cons about Run, instead an addition, I would like the ability to add a comment to the pay stub for contractors to describe what the money is for. I have some cons about ADP but RUN is so great and wonderful I'm willing to take the bad with the good.

Sarah C.
PAYROLL ASSISTANT
Medical Practice, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/3/2019

"VERY GOOD OVERALL"

Comments: I'LL PREFACE THIS BY SAYING PRIOR TO IMPLEMENTING ADP, WE WERE UTILIZING A VERY OLD SYSTEM THAT TOOK FOREVER TO ACCESS CLOCK SOFTWARE AND WE WERE FAXING BI-WEEKLY PAYROLL TO PAYCHEX. WHEN I SAW ANOTHER COMPANY'S USER SUBMIT PAYROLL VIA ADP FROM HER PHONE ON A BOAT I KNEW WE HAD TO SWITCH. ADP RUN IS A LOT CLEANER THAN THAT SYSTEM. WE HAVE 13 HOURLY EMPLOYEES THAT USE THE BIOMETRIC PUNCH CLOCK (DELAYED REACTION TO PUNCH W/FINGERTIP IS ONLY COMPLAINT). THE TIME MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE IS OK--THE RECENTLY UPDATED SCHEDULES FEATURE IS MUCH MORE USER-FRIENDLY. ADP RUN ITSELF IS VERY EFFICIENT AND EASY TO USE. BIGGEST PEEVES ARE EMPLOYEES NOT BEING ABLE TO SUBMIT PUNCH CORRECTIONS/TIME OFF REQUESTS DIRECTLY VIA ADP. IT LOOKS LIKE THIS IS A FEATURE FOR OTHERS BUT WE CANT ACTIVATE...

Pros: REMOTE ACCESS TO RUN PAYROLL, EMPLOYEE ACCESS TO TIMECARDS/SCHEDULES, HELPFUL ALERTS, HELPFUL CUSTOMER SUPPORT MOST OF THE TIME

Cons: UNABLE TO TURN ON SOME FEATURES (EMPLOYEE GENERATED REQUEST OFFS) WITH NO RESPONSE FROM SUPPORT

• Reviewed on 18/3/2019
Vice President
Retail
  • Reviewed on 15/2/2018

"Great for mid-large companies"

Pros: Ok if you have a small business of over 50 people this is probably a good solution for you. RUN handles all the details. They have a mobile app for your employees to be able to clock in and out and you can review their hours. They handle quarterly reporting and W2s at the end of the year.

Cons: For small businesses like us, there are more affordable options out there. We have a team of less than 10 and switched to Gusto about 2 years ago. The hours tracking is kinda silly from an admin point of view. You have to make corrections to time cards on one site and run payroll on a separate site. This is strange since it is the same company. It makes running payroll much more difficult.

• Reviewed on 15/2/2018
Mary F.
Vice President
Machinery, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 4/4/2018

"Very positive"

Comments: Independence on doing payroll my companies way. Value for my companies money and getting so many different options on payroll.

Pros: The ease in getting reports tailored to our needs in payroll. I also appreciate the fact that it is
saving our company money and giving us a lot for our money. The fact that you can do everything on line even getting answers online is such a positive experience.

Cons: I don't really have that much on the negative side. If we have a problem it is taken care of. For example we had some issues and Adp financially took care of it that was amazing and more than fair. We have been with Adp a long time and they as a company respect that.

• Reviewed on 4/4/2018
Emily M.
Medical Practice, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/10/2018

"Payroll by ADP"

Comments: This system is easy to use on a daily basis. This is an easy system to train staff. I like the reports that i can print including the address labels.

Pros: I like this payroll option because everything you need is right there in the system.

Cons: There isn't much that i don't like about it. I can't say anything negative about it.

• Reviewed on 10/10/2018
Katy S.
manager
Food & Beverages, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/6/2020

"love it"

Comments: Overall, it has been a great experience and they have provided a quality product

Pros: I love almost everything about this company. They provide pay statements three days early and my employees seem to have no issues with the company

Cons: I would have to say I hate the customer service aspect of the company. They are not helpful at all and really are useless to my employees as well as me

by ADP on 24/8/2020

Katy,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review of RUN Powered by ADP?.

How wonderful to hear that RUN? provides you with the information and access you require at your fingertips, empowering you to focus on your business!

We appreciate your valuable insights!

• Reviewed on 24/6/2020
Renee S.
  • Reviewed on 8/8/2017

"Easy to use programs, Excellent Customer Service, We are always IRS compliant with ADP :)"

Pros: User friendly, run and time card manager work together seamlessly, HR 411 has all the tools a company needs to stay compliant

Cons: No complaints ADP has great software
If I had to complain I would say I wish timecats manager tracked employees call in locations

• Reviewed on 8/8/2017
Rachel W.
Owner and Artistic Director
Performing Arts, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/3/2019

"Super easy to use"

Pros: I like that this software is easy to use. Setting up a new employee is seamless, terminating an employee is seamless, and end of year tax documents for employees are automatically sent to you.
ADP is also competitive in pricing and will match prices in most cases.

Cons: I wish that it were easier to contact for getting help. I also wish I wasn't bugged so much about adding more features to my account. Every few months I get a call about adding workers comp or other products ADP offers. I get they are trying to save me money, but I've already said no many times.

• Reviewed on 28/3/2019
Brooke H.
Executive Director
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/2/2021

"ADP Canada Review"

Comments: Again this review is for ADP Canada vs ADP U.S. but in short: If you find another option, go with another option.

Pros: Once I had run payroll a few times it's easy enough to use. I don't use their HR support or anything but calculating payroll is straightforward. It's great that the tax totals are calculated automatically and they file year-end paperwork for you.

Cons: I'll state that this review is for ADP Canada (vs ADP U.S.) I'm with a very small U.S. based nonprofit with just just a couple employees in Canada, and switched to ADP from calculating taxes manually. Using ADP is the lesser of two evils but it hasn't been a great experience. I run payroll semi-monthly and once, for no apparent reason (their rep couldn't explain why it happened) they initiated the second half of the month's payrun at the same time as the first, and charged us a $150 fee to do so, which they never refunded. Their chat support is helpful but if it's "unavailable" you have to call and it's always a 1-2 hour wait. You can request a call back but any time I do that they never actually call me back. The interface is also pretty low-tech.

by ADP on 2/3/2021

Hi Brooke,

Thank you for the review - we appreciate all feedback to ensure we are supporting your small business in the best way possible.

I am unable to locate your account information, but will pass along this feedback to the ADP Canada Team to see if they are able to locate your account and further assist with your concerns.

• Reviewed on 26/2/2021
Brian B.
Operations Manager - Norwell USAM EDU
Consumer Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/12/2018

"RUN to get this"

Pros: Has all the bells and whistles you would need for all of your payroll needs

Cons: Training is needed. I would like to see the reports be more user friendly.

• Reviewed on 10/12/2018
Alesha S.
Business Sales Manager
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 5/4/2019

"Easy To Use"

Comments: Switching to RUN saved us both time and money. I was able to complete all of my payroll needs online without having to call customer support every time.

Pros: I have used ADP as an employer as well as an employee. The interface is really easy to use which I appreciate. You can update most of your information yourself as an employee, from time sheets, to with-holdings, it es extremely easy to figure out. On the employers side of things, this was much more simple to use than our previous payroll provider because almost everything is done online which I appreciate. The other thing I like about this program as an employee, is the ability to import my W2 into my tax software program.

Cons: The customer service for ADP isn't the best, and our particular sales rep was unimpressive (though that has nothing to do with the software program itself.)

• Reviewed on 5/4/2019
Marianna M.
Teacher
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/8/2017

"Excelente experience as administraror in the past as a user in the present"

Comments: As administrator is really easy to use for any function related to HR. Beside this offer many interested and actual courses related to business. As an user y really simple to use and offer some discount in some stores or theaters

Pros: Easy to use, cover all the functions related to payroll. Easy to use for government forms, pay taxes, Human Resources training with certificates, excellent customer services.

Cons: In the company that I used ADP as administrator we had a problem with a payroll and took 3 days to solve. But the problem was directly with our account t executive that quit the company and she offer a specific consideration but a yo e was aware. But the new account execute was really professional

Front Office Coor
Construction, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 4/12/2018

"PayRoll At Its Best"

Comments: We moved over to using RUN for our payroll when we switched to ADP and at first it was a struggle but once we got everything implemented it made payroll so much easier and we were able to finally have all our records together in one place for easy retrieval.

Pros: I personally liked being able to go in and pull payroll reports - this came in very useful when we had to do year end reviews or when dealing with audits. Everything you need is in one place and its easy to review or print.

Cons: It takes awhile for things to be completed compared to the software I had used previously. It is a more thorough process but it is worth it in my opinion because of the other features offered.

• Reviewed on 4/12/2018
Account Executive
Internet, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 1/7/2019

"Easy to Navigate"

Pros: RUN makes it very easy to navigate payroll info, editing elections, retirement, etc. The app is great and is very well put together so you have access whenever you need it.

Cons: My biggest gripe with RUN is that if you leave your job then you can't access anything online or on the app once your employer removes you. Then you have to spend hours on the phone figuring out who you need to talk to in order to get access to your information.

by ADP on 8/7/2019

Thank you for your feedback on your experience with RUN Powered by ADP?. We are pleased to hear that you find RUN easy to use and convenient for management of your payroll and HR needs.

• Reviewed on 1/7/2019
Hospital & Health Care
  • Reviewed on 1/8/2018

"ADP processes our payroll and submits employee info to the state of Florida."

Pros: ADP once set up, makes doing payroll easier by automating most of the busy work. They send emails tracking pay.

Cons: ADP's online w2 access is a maze of security prompts. This makes it very difficult to get our employees their w-2's or pay stubs on-time.

• Reviewed on 1/8/2018
Frank W.
Accounting Manager
Hospitality, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/10/2018

"ADP is very complete and makes payroll easy"

Comments: I am saving time now that so many employees get or change their information through the employee portal.

Pros: I like the ease of running payroll and changing employees where employees can even change or review some things themselves online or from their phone.

Cons: Setting up employees is easier but now no longer allows selection of badge numbers, which is critical when you only have some numbered 0-125 and the computer assigns an out of sequence number like 3610.

• Reviewed on 12/10/2018