15 years helping Irish businesses

About WinTeam

WinTeam is a holistic financial, operations and workforce management solution for cleaning and security contractors in North America.

Learn more about WinTeam

Pros:

It's relatively easy to use, lots of integrations with various applications. The software works well and functions cleanly.

Cons:

And I don't like the limited invoice customization available.

WinTeam ratings

4.0
4.6
4.1
4.1

8.3/10

WinTeam has an overall rating of 4.4 out 5 stars based on 120 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used WinTeam before?

Tracie
President in US
Facilities Services, 51–200 Employees

Great software to run my entire business

Comments: Overall, Winteam has helped me streamline my back office, while also controlling things in the field. It has saved me money by allowing me to in-house payroll and by preventing the timecard errors we used to have when our employees were filling out timecards by hand. The alert system allows me to know if a building is not being cleaned, so that one of my supervisors can handle the issue before the customer opens in the morning, so that we never have a client going without service, even if their regular cleaner can't get there.

Pros:

I love that Winteam designed a software specifically for my industry. From estimates & scheduling to timekeeping, payroll and invoicing, and even benefits management tools, this software can handle every aspect of my commercial janitorial company.

Cons:

I would find it very helpful if all reports were able to be printed. Not only do I find it a bit difficult to design custom reports, but some things simply cannot be printed. Also, the accounting piece is not as simple as something like Quickbooks. I can really drill down into the nitty-gritty of every aspect of my company, but I need my accountant to help me do it!

Barb
Controller in US

RCS

Pros:

The modules are laid out very similar so it makes it easier for set up. The system makes it possible for many people in the organization to have important information at their fingertips. The reporting functionality is pretty good. We especially have liked the ease of payroll with timekeeping and different pay rates. The ability to do alot of customization has been both a pro and con. We have figured out many ways to customize the software for several areas of our business to have benefits.

Cons:

Ehub frequently has issues. Many of our end users are not tech savvy so it causes a lot of training issues. Updating to GL for all transactions can be tedious. Reporting is pretty good but paying extra for BI has made a big difference. It would be nice if that was just included in the software price. The ability to do a lot of customization has been both a pro and con. It dies often make more basic processes more difficult than they need to be.

Eli
President in US
Facilities Services, 51–200 Employees

Look for other updated solutions

Comments: It has been a nightmare working with the WinTteam product, from integration to training new bookkeepers on the system. With the extra hour that we pay people to figure out the WinTeam software, we could afford to spend 2x the software price on something good.

Pros:

It is an industry leader and and integrated solution where in theory, it can be the only software a cleaning company needs.

Cons:

The software is very cumbersome to set up, not efficient to use, and it is very difficult to get the simple data reports out of it. There are some good service representatives, but it seems the help from different people often contradicts each other. Upon leaving they try to hold your data hostage and charge an exorbitant about just to see historic information.

Vickie
HR Manager in US

Payroll made easier

Comments: I love their customer service - they have an excellent response team to help with any problems that arises. I also like the Software Academy where I can log on at anytime and teach myself how to use a module or learn how to do something I have not done yet.

Pros:

WT Software has made my job with payroll so much easier - we went from paper time cards to a much more accurate way to provide information and a time saving process of collecting the data

Cons:

I came from a QuickBooks background and I did like that I could produce a Form 940 and 941 from the system - it's a feature that I would like to see from WT

Jennifer
Accounting Manager in US
Security & Investigations, 201–500 Employees

Winteam has helped us keep everything together

Pros:

That all facets are available in one place and work together. AP, AR, payroll, timekeeping, scheduling, inventory.

Cons:

Would like more reporting to be standard with the product.

Blaine
Human Resource Manager in US

WinTeam Performance

Comments: My overall experience with WinTeam has been pretty positive.

Pros:

What I like most about this product is that it is intergrated with our ATS Kwantek.

Cons:

What I like least about this product is the outdated look.

Product Owner in US
Security & Investigations, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Winteam

Pros:

WinTeam is easy to use, as well as well supported and easy to integrate with.

Cons:

Features available in the UI are not all accessible via API

Leah
Acct and HR manager in US

One system for everything

Comments: We started using Team when before we were using 3 or 4 different programs to conduct business and keep track administratively. We often had to enter data 2-3 times. We had spreadsheets that worked well enough but to was all a bit clumsy and overly redundant, not to mention prone to error. We’ve used Team for about 6 years now and now everything “talks” to each other- payroll integrates with work tickets, benefits are programmed in, we can track for bonus metrics without a separate system, etc. We can compare financial projections to actuals and have control of our P&Ls. We love it and keep learning more that we can do to make our business more efficient.

Pros:

We can use one software for everything and it all talks to each other. Also, we have been able to go from paper based to electronically based- completely! No more timesheets. They clock in with the phone. The list goes on!

Cons:

On the accounting side- everything we need is there but it’s a lot less automated than say quickbooks as the software as a whole is not an accounting software. Just takes some time to learn.

Kristie M.
Kristie M.
Human Resources in US
Security & Investigations, 10,000+ Employees

Does what is supposed to, but could do a lot more

Comments: As an HR Manager I use this daily. There is a "Help" section, that isn't helpful with such a customized product

Pros:

It integrates with our Applicant Tracking System to easily import new hires. There are a lot of report functions that are very useful in looking at overtime, birthdays (we mail cards), attendance, and much more that are used weekly by the HR team

Cons:

There are some integrations WinTeam cannot do that would be useful. Some are just too expensive to integrate, which feels crazy given the size of our account and what we already pay them. But the W4 change from 2020 took them 6-7 months to figure out how to properly integrate

Natalia
HR Manager in US
Facilities Services, 501–1,000 Employees

Great Support

Comments: It has been great, all the support is very friendly and fast.

Pros:

Kwantek has been a great tool for us, the number of candidates we receive and the easy way to import candidates has made our day easier.

Cons:

I would like to have more filters when pulling out reports

Kari
Business Coordinator in US

Overall great system

Comments: I'd love to have more control / functionality through web, mobile or app versus having to use Citrix to access birthdays and other 'minor' task related information.

Pros:

I love being able to pull P&L's per job / customer with just a couple clicks! Having all information in one software makes it very nice.

Cons:

For some of the tasks, there are a lot of clicks to get to the answer... There are also some inconsistencies in report criteria (some I can pull by Region / Tier, others I can't and have to use Supervisor which is very inaccurate).

Sandy
Controller in US
Facilities Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

WinTeam User for 11 Years

Comments: WinTeam is essentially another member of our finance team. It comes to work with us every day. The customer support team is excellent and we have a voice in future product enhancement. This isn't software that you purchase and never hear from again. They are partners in helping to strengthen and build our business.

Pros:

The job costing capabilities of WinTeam are very robust. Sorting and filtering for reports is only limited by your imagination. The employees at WinTeam are actively working to make their product better and the customer is uppermost in their mind.

Cons:

While there are product enhancements that would be helpful, there is no need to pick apart each module and give a wish list of changes here. I have used the software for 11 years and every year sees new innovation and product improvement.

Rene
Admin in US
Security & Investigations, 51–200 Employees

Great software

Comments: Good company that is constantly upgrading their product. A very complete coverage of business needs and great service.

Pros:

You can run almost every facet of your business in this program. They allow for one system to track business payroll, payables, receivables, and if you use it budgets, overhead, accounting reports, etc.

Cons:

Some of the features have a cost associated that we are not able to work into our budget. Some things you would think should be easy to do, like print invoices with payments received on them automatically is not an option.

KATIE
ASSISTANT CONTROLLER in US
Facilities Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

User Friendly and Wonderful Customer Service

Pros:

My #1 pro for Winteam is the outstanding customer service our company receives. No matter what the problem, if I've ever had an issue, it has been solved or addressed the same day. I also learn tips and tricks from the customer service folks every time I call in. I've come to realize, if you think there is a better way to do something, just call in and ask because it probably already exists.

Cons:

My only con is the OT calculations are limited to 15 day periods for reporting.

Kara
Accounts Receivables in US
Facilities Services, 501–1,000 Employees

Winteam is Great

Comments: Overall, I have found this to be a solid product and when help is needed the customer service is wonderful. Everyone has always been very kind and helpful. I appreciate that they listen to what their customers want and are continually improving their product.

Pros:

Having used this product since 2013 and have found it to be very good for easily accessing information when needed.

Cons:

I wish that the user interface was bigger when it comes to inputting information, I use a larger monitor just to see the what I am working on better.

Kelly
WinTeam Administrator in US
Facilities Services, 11–50 Employees

We Chose WinTeam

Comments: We now have very accurate job costing reports that help us drive daily business decisions. The software is very customizable and the support you get with it is unparalleled. We are confident that we made the right chose when choosing TEAM.

Pros:

It is very dynamic software and we really like that it’s an all in one piece for our business.

Cons:

It can be a little overwhelming at implementation. And the screen font view is capable of being made larger for easy viewing on screen. That can be a tad frustrating.

ray
controller in US

Winteam

Comments: We are providing gross margin reports for each site and we are able to accurately allocate all of our labor and other direct costs.

Pros:

It gives me the ability to pull detail payroll information to respond to requests and file reports. It has enabled us to provide detailed financial reporting for multiple sites as well as running general ledger detail reports.

Cons:

It is a little hard to find the underlying detail for certain general ledger modules.

Manager for Scheduling and C3 in Canada
Security & Investigations, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Works for it's purpose

Comments: Winteam is a tool that would be good if you are scheduling on a weekly basis but it's downside is the monthly feature, you need to scroll on a weekly basis only

Pros:

Winteam is a good scheduling tool to ensure that your employees are in compliance with the requirements of a site

Cons:

it does not have a feature where in you can see the whole month of schedule for a single employee. YOu can only see on week to week basis and not for the whole month

Elizabeth
Sr VP Information Technology in US
Security & Investigations, 10,000+ Employees

Review

Comments: We have used Team Software for the last 25 years and our business has grown phenomenally over that time. Team is a cost effective solution for Scheduling, timekeeping, payroll, billing, and general ledger functions.
We have found tremendous value with Team as a partner through many of our growth spurts and changing business environment.

Pros:

Scheduling of staff is optimal for our business

Cons:

Additional HR features would be an improvement, although Team has been improving the HR module more recently

Travis
IT/General Manager in Canada
Business Supplies & Equipment, 51–200 Employees

Loaded Programe

Comments: Lots of options but externally complicated. The eHub software is nice but anyone outside of and accounting background wouldn’t work well with it.

Pros:

Amount of options for inputting data and pulling up reports

Cons:

Extremely hard to train any employees to use this software and would almost avoid it 100%. I use the example of Winteam is a computer programmers software if you were training the average person.

Melissa
Senior Accountant in US
Security & Investigations, 201–500 Employees

Great all in one product

Pros:

WinTeam is easy to use and is a great all in one software. The various security settings are great for setting up the appropriate access for users.

Cons:

The Citrix login is cumbersome. It is difficult when the system is updating and in comes down for hours. We have 24 dispatch center that gets interrupted when this happens.

Manager C3 and Scheduling in Canada
Security & Investigations, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Good tool for managing employee data

Comments: Our company has used Winteam for more than 10 years now and I would say that Winteam has helped in managing our database. The options is endless and every year winteam is providing more innovations to ease the use of the software

Pros:

Searching relevant datas to the jobs that we are currently providing our clienst and giving to employees

Cons:

upgrade the look of the system to be more engaging

Megan
Accountant in US

Review

Comments: Overall I think it is user friendly and functional. I wish there were additional capabilities (such as the addition of photo attachments) available to help streamline the front line work to invoicing process.

Pros:

I like how you can double click on blue fields and drill down.

Cons:

I don't like that pictures cannot be added to work tickets and flow through to invoices.

Bambi
Accountant in US

Winteam

Comments: Very good. Great support with knowledgeable staff. Most questions can be answered with online help. So easy to use that help is rarely needed.

Pros:

Winteam is very easy to use and new employees can learn it quickly

Cons:

The software is a little outdated - it should be updated to a more modern look and feel

Brent
Manager in US

WinTeam

Pros:

It is the best BSC software package out there. To have all of the software needs under one roof and not have several systems to accomplish the task is quite helpful.

Cons:

Large learning curve for employees. Needs improved Customer Support Expensive