• Overall
    4.7 /5
    4.6 /5
    4.6 /5

About Vyond

Flexible video creation platform with pre-built templates and drag-and-drop functionality to produce powerful and engaging videos.

Learn more about Vyond

trainer
Telecommunications, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 9/8/2019

"It's now easy to make videos"

Comments: Overall I enjoyed making videos in Vyond. It has been a great experience and enhances the learning experience even more. I'm really excited about creating videos for learning.

Pros: I am not very creative at creating beautiful training content, however, Vyond made it so easy for me to create a really awesome video. It has so many options to chose from, it's incredible. The feature I liked the most was the lips movements linked to the recording sound you use. It really makes it tailored to what you need.

Cons: I didn't like that some basic poses don't exist. However, what it does have is pretty much what you need.

by GoAnimate on 13/8/2019

Thank you for your review. Please let us know what poses are missing. We add new content to the studio every three weeks. Please send feedback to [email protected] and I can share your needs with our product team.

• Reviewed on 9/8/2019
Lori S.
Production Manager
Entertainment, 10,000+ Employees

"Vyond is BEYOND"

Pros: I love the uniqueness of the product compared to others that don't let you customize characters or import your own graphics.

Cons: I wish there were more variety in backgrounds and in actions. For example, I sometimes have to make multiple slides of a single action by splicing together different actions. The result sometimes looks choppy.

by Vyond on 20/4/2021

Thank you for your review, Lori. What kinds of backgrounds and actions can we add to make your work easier? Please feel free to share with us at [email protected]

Elizabeth C.
Program Manager
Higher Education, 201-500 Employees

"Great Product"

Pros: Using Vyond has helped deliver content to students in a way that keeps them engaged and successfully teaches them the content.

Cons: One of the hardest things was learning how to do this at a beginning level. I wish that there were introductory courses available.

by Vyond on 29/4/2021

Thank you for your review and feedback, Elizabeth. Also thanks for the insight on our learning resources. We are currently working on creating a center for learning. Please feel free to connect or share feedback with us anytime at [email protected]

Veronique V.
Marketing & Communications Manager
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/4/2021

"Taking communication to the next level"

Comments: It helps us to create highly engaging training material and to also create fun and fresh social media video bites. So easy to customise with so many options and quick to turnaround. The ready made templates are also great

Pros: It really simplifies our ability to create amazing, engaging content

Cons: I can't think of anything here. Obviously you cannot be all things to all people

by Vyond on 29/4/2021

Thank you for your review, Veronique. Please feel free to connect or share feedback with us anytime at [email protected]

Nicole S.
Director of Marketing
Insurance, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/4/2021

"No Animal Character Animations"

Comments: As stated before, we have a heavy need for character animation, specifically a sloth. Vyond only has human animated characters/ narrators. I reached out to customer service and it was just a "no we don't do that" That's the model, cool... but I think revenue was lost because we are the type of client that would pay for a customization AND the company could use that as revenue generation/product enhancement features for customer retention/upgrades/etc.

Pros: It is easy and intuitive, drag to drop video software. It combines versatility without adobe complication.

Cons: We would use this product multiple times a day... but will not because we have a heavy need for character animation, specifically a sloth. Vyond only has human animated characters/ narrators. We would even pay for a customization, but that was not an option.

• Reviewed on 14/4/2021
Karen G.
Product Marketing Manager
Professional Training & Coaching, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/4/2021

"Quick and powerful tools for professional content"

Comments: We have smaller budgets now and can't afford to spend several thousands on video content as we used to. This is such a great solution for us. It also takes away the back and forth of creating something, as well as the time it would take to work with an outside vendor. Sure, we still need certain videos to be created professionally, but for the most part, this has met and exceeded our needs as a company.

Pros: I love that I don't need design experience to create a professional video in a matter of minutes. The features are so easy to use. And even if you don't have too much experience using Vyond, there are a lot of great tutorials and tips to get you started. You don't need to be a pro to whip up a great looking video for your content marketing and promotions.

Cons: Not much - You've made a lot of great improvements so I don't have much to say in terms of what I don't like.

Carrie H.
Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/10/2020

"Disappointing"

Comments: I used this software for one project. Never used it again because the style options and features were basic and irrelevant. It took a long time to come up with an animation that matched my project. Not what I expected for the money I paid. I am especially disappointed that my credit card was charged a renewal without any prior notice. Now I'm out $600 on this lame product. Very disappointing.

Pros: Not much. The animations were lame and irrelevant.

Cons: The options were very limited. It didn't have the backgrounds, props and scenery that would have worked for the story I was telling. I had to really improvise which as very time consuming for an end product that felt a bit hokey.

by Vyond on 22/2/2021

We are sorry our product was not the right tool for your needs. I do see you connected with our support team and we were able to issue a refund.

You are more than welcome to try our product again.

• Reviewed on 17/10/2020
Thomas T.
Internet, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/5/2021

"Useful to a limited extent"

Pros: Easy to create custom characters and place them into scenes. Contemporary graphics fit acceptable art style for internal use.

Cons: The Contemporary set rarely if ever gets any updates and has only has one body style. It seems that all of the updates are for the "business friendly" set, which looks dated and unprofessional. There is no easy way to get high quality stills. Scenes downloaded as images are in reduced quality. This means that a user must generate and download a 1080P movie file and then open it in photoshop to extract an acceptable still in PNG format.

Jerry A.
Systems Training Consultant
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/5/2021

"Engaging and creative solutions for your needs"

Comments: Mostly internal training of our software.

Pros: It's quick to learn, and with clear tools you can instantly start practicing and being productive. Linking your audio to any character makes voice work simple and easy. Having animation created for you with just your beginning and end points makes the process far quicker for producing useful videos. I really like the expert webinars they offer which takes your basic skills to new heights and allows you to be creative beyond what you can come up with by yourself.

Cons: I would like even more tools for customizing the characters, especially in the face and a few more in the body types and sizes, although they have expanded it some in the past few years.

Beth M.
Sr Product Training Specialist
Insurance, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/4/2021

"Using Vyond for training"

Comments: The customer service at Vyond is terrific. If you have an idea, but can't quite figure out how to do it, they will either point you to a webinar or video that shows you how to create it or one of their representatives will work with you directly to help you build it.

Pros: Vyond helps me create creative pieces of video that I can import into my training courses. The camera angles and animations help the content come alive for the users.

Cons: Sometimes it's easier to create an animation in PowerPoint, but every month Vyond is making improvements and they listen to their users.

by Vyond on 29/4/2021

Thank you for your review and feedback, Beth. Please feel free to connect or share feedback with us anytime at [email protected]

Aislinn L.
E-Learning, Self Employed

"Great Software"

Comments: My overall experience has been positive. I used Vyond at my last job and do at my current as well. I subscribed for a short term to leverage it for a project for an interview (after which I received a job offer!).

Pros: I love how easy it is to use Vyond and that with the ease of use, the features are not compromised. There are so many possibilities to make unique videos and the Vyond team is continuously improving and updating the software.

Cons: Sometimes the timeline is cumbersome if you have a screen that has multiple assets, I can be difficult to manage them. Also, I wish there were a feature to hide/show assets when developing.

by Vyond on 29/4/2021

Thank you for your review and feedback, Aislinn. We also appreciate your insight on our timeline and your request for a show/hide option. I'll share this with the team. Please feel free to connect or share feedback with us anytime at [email protected]

Associate Manager, Instructional Development
Consumer Goods, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/9/2020

"Much more than an EXPLAINER VIDEO CREATOR"

Comments: Vyond is extremely powerful and allows for animation videos to be created in a fraction of the time it would take to create in another tool like After Effects.

Pros: Vyond features an easy to use 2d animation editor. With a mix of templates, pre-built scenes and the ability to upload your own images, it can service all your animation video needs.

Cons: The ONLY thing that I dislike about vyond is the inability to export individual assets in high-res. Sometimes it might be useful to export a character for a powerpoint deck, but you have to export a gif or other non-high res version.

by GoAnimate on 1/10/2020

Thank you for your review. I've sent your feedback about the lack of ability to export individual assets in high-res on to our product team. A large percentage of the updates we add to the platform come from suggestions like yours.

• Reviewed on 24/9/2020
Christian S.
Head of Learning & Development
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/4/2021

"A multi talent in visualisation"

Pros: Vyond's game changer is its wealth of props

Cons: There is no offline version. If servers experience trouble, Vyond may not be accessible.

by Vyond on 29/4/2021

Thank you for your review and feedback, Christian. Please feel free to connect or share feedback with us anytime at [email protected]

Desiree P.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 12/4/2021

"Great Product, easy to use"

Comments: I use it to make explainer videos and informational or customer education. the ease of use is amazing and you can make it work for any kind of video.

Pros: You can easily build custom characters to fit with the people in your company. personalized cartoon figures help your customer associate your video with your company. Is it really easy to upload your own branding, voiceovers, and any other element you need to tell your story.

Cons: I would prefer a single yearly fee that was around $100. As it is I will sign up a couple of months a year on and off. I would love to have it all year but as a sole business, I can't afford it. It's like with canvas, even though it is monthly the fee is low. So I keep it all year. I use it all the time much more than I thought I would. I think it would be the same with Vyond if I could afford to have it all the time. It would make an excellent marketing tool.

by Vyond on 20/4/2021

Thank you for your review. Please feel free to share feedback with us at [email protected]

Vishwas G.
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees

"Vivify Solutions"

Comments: Good

Pros: it is Easy to use and time saving. can be used for low budget projects.

Cons: Lack of Indian assets and price it expensive.

by Vyond on 29/4/2021

Thank you for your review and feedback, Vishwas. I will share with the team to prioritize adding more Indian assets. Please feel free to connect or share feedback with us anytime at [email protected]

Brianne F.
Learning Developer
Construction, 5,001-10,000 Employees

"Excellent Product"

Pros: Ability to customize designs, characters, backgrounds, and sound mixing. The program can be used to suit a multitude of needs and can be integrated with other video production software.

Cons: Some limitations for the animation for character movements. Updates are done based on themes so there are many niche movements but some more common ones are not available.

by Vyond on 26/4/2021

Thank you for your review, Brianne. What kinds of backgrounds, props, poses, or actions can we add to make your work easier? Please feel free to share with us at [email protected]

Casey L.
Training Specialist
Financial Services, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/4/2021

"Great Tool for Training"

Comments: Vyond is awesome. It has changed the way that I create learning materials and allows me to tell stories to engage my learners which also helps them retain the content more efficiently.

Pros: Vyond makes it easy to create engaging training content for our learners. The thing that I like the most about Vyond is that a new user can jump right in and create quality content but seasoned users can still find new tricks to make their content even more engaging and realistic.

Cons: While the library of characters, actions, backgrounds, etc. is large (and always growing) I sometimes find my self asking "why wouldn't they have ________ available?".

by Vyond on 9/6/2021

Thank you for your review and feedback, Casey. Please feel free to connect or share feedback with us anytime at [email protected] Especially when you find yourself asking "why wouldn't they have ________ available?"

Ana G.
Senior Instructional Designer
Retail, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/4/2021

"Vyond makes the animation process more democratic!"

Comments: Vyond is my go-to product whenever I have to create video content. My learners love the videos and always ask for more. Everyone at Vyond is amazing. From their Customer Service to the support team - everyone is incredible and super responsive.

Pros: As an instructional designer, I'm always searching for new and exciting ways to share knowledge and ensure it sticks to my learners. Videos are a great way to revisit certain concepts and reinforce them to students. But video creation (specially animation) is expensive, and most software for video creation have a steep learning curve to become proficient. Vyond democratized the process with their simple and easy-to-use player and templates. In addition, Vyond provides hundreds of highly customizable assets, which does not require a lot of asset creation outside the tool.

Cons: Working for a Global company, a lot of the videos I produce will be deployed to our international marketplaces as well. Vyond does not have a robust translation feature to help make the content creation more global.

by Vyond on 26/4/2021

Thank you for your review, Ana. I don't have a firm date to give you yet but a translation feature is in the works. Please feel free to share your ideas or comments with us at [email protected]

James W.
Director, Corporate Safety
Food Production, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/4/2021

"Vyond - Easy to Use - Fantastic Results"

Comments: Vyond is an extremely cost effective and valuable tool in our training creation toolbox.

Pros: I like being able to create custom videos and training materials for my organization. The software is super easy to use to create dynamic, effective training courses. Our users have said our courses are the best on-line training they've taken and that is, in no small part, due to Vyond. I also like that they hold regular training webinars where you can learn from others - I never fail to pick up a new tidbit I can use in my courses.

Cons: More manufacturing (especially food manufacturing) templates would be helpful.

by Vyond on 9/6/2021

James, thank you for your review and feedback. We also appreciate your insight on the need for more food industry-related props, templates, and backgrounds. I'll share this with the team. Please feel free to connect or share feedback with us anytime at [email protected]

Carrie G.
Financial Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/4/2021

"Can't imagine life without it"

Comments: As a user, I love Vyond. It's fun and easy to learn. But more importantly my viewers (company employees) consistently love the end product. It makes out training so engaging!

Pros: Vyond is super easy to learn which makes it a great product for those who have little to no experience in video development. I love that as a creator you have the option to make things as complex or simple as you like. As I've grown my skills my videos have become more and more complex but some of my colleagues who are still new to the product create equally awesome videos with just the standard assets and templates provided.

Cons: Vyond can be tough to use on a small laptop screen. Some additional customizability for the layout would be great, but since the program is web-based and not downloaded, it's understandable that the functionality is lacking in that regard.

by Vyond on 9/6/2021

Thank you for your review and feedback, Carrie. We also appreciate your insight desire to customize our interface. I'll share this with the team. Please feel free to connect or share feedback with us anytime at [email protected]

Scott S.
Learning Design Lead
Consumer Goods, 10,000+ Employees

"Review of Vyond"

Comments: I love this tool and have promoted it broadly across my organization's various learning teams. We are a corporation of over 20+ employees globally. Our internal learners love the animation features and how easy it is to bring content on the page to life within our learning courses or via engaging communication videos.

Pros: The product is very easy to use and the provided templates give you a great starting point and are easily editable. It is great to see Vyond also constantly update templates, props, and characters and update features of the tool itself periodically to make it more user friendly.

Cons: The camera pan/zoom feature is extremely limited. Having the ability to customize the size of the zoom in window would greatly increase the customization of screen content. It is one of the most frustrating aspects of the tool. Also, the character editor, while neat, is lacking in many areas, especially with customizable hair styles and clothing options.

by Vyond on 14/4/2021

Thank you for your review, Scott. I'll share your feedback with the product team about expanding the features of the camera zoom/pan tool. We love to hear from you any time you have feedback like this. Please feel free to connect with us at [email protected]

Sara R.
Sr. Learning Designer
Pharmaceuticals, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/4/2021

"Create professional animations quickly"

Comments: Vyond has been great for enhancing communication through various change initiatives. It's also a fun way to cover business processes. It's very easy to use if you have some basic video creation and editing experience. But it doesn't take too long to catch on, if you have no experience given the number of tutorials available from Vyond and through Youtube.

Pros: Vyond subscription comes with lots of assets, including characters with actions that you can sync to narration. There are also a number of templates to help you start your business animation quickly. The customer support is availalble and there are always webinars to help you fine tune your animations. I love that everything is contained in the cloud and that you can upload additional assets for use in your Vyond account or to share with your team account.

Cons: To improve the platform, I would add more sound editing features to Vyond. While you can sync audio to characters and connect it to scenes, editing from the timeline is cumbersome. At the very least, I would like to mark a spot in audio, so I know exactly the spot to cut rather than just estimating. But right now, 'undo' is heavily used when attempting to edit audio. As a bonus feature, it would be great if the robot voices for the text to speech were improved and would handle more text.

by Vyond on 29/4/2021

Thank you for your review and feedback, Sara. We also appreciate your insight on improving our audio features. I'll share this with the team. Please feel free to connect or share feedback with us anytime at [email protected]

Natalie T.
Director of Marketing and Communications
Insurance, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/4/2021

"If you know video editing basics, getting started with Vyond is simple"

Comments: Vyond has helped us create videos in a way that we've never been able to do before. I have several years of video editing experience with Final Cut, Edius, and Adobe Premiere but nothing like Vyond before. This would be a feature we'd have to outsource if it weren't more affordable and intuitive for someone with my experience to figure out. It's practical and for the most part, reasonably priced.

Pros: The best feature about Vyond is its pre-made templates. They're constantly adding new ones that are more timely and relevant. The templates make it super simple for me to put together a video much faster than I would if I had to recreate something like that. My second favorite feature is replace. That makes it SO easy to truly customize existing templates for efficiency and branding purposes.

Cons: Adding motion is still a sore spot for me. I don't find it easy to implement the feature in a project and it never turns out the way I'd like. I wish this part was more intuitive. And I'd like to see more templates, although I mentioned there are a lot and I enjoy them, I'd like to see more added more regularly. Also, for the price that you pay for a subscription, you should be able to have at least two users.

by Vyond on 27/4/2021

Thank you for your review and feedback, Natalie. Please feel free to share feedback or connect with us anytime at [email protected]

Ellen H.
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/4/2021

"Great for fast explainer videos"

Comments: Vyond has helped me to develop content for both soft and technical skills training in a way that is engaging, visually appealing, and fun for adult learners. It is customizable enough to work for most L&D teams. I appreciate that it also allows me to occasionally add some humor to e-learnings (when appropriate for the right audience). I've used it collaboratively with teammates in the past and have easily onboarded others to the program.

Pros: Vyond has a great asset library and the UI is pretty straightforward. I've used it to develop training in the past. It also is easy to add narration to custom characters and upload your own assets for inclusion in videos. It has a wealth of customizable templates.

Cons: The zoom/pan function can get a bit tricky and cause the editor to crash. Also note with any cloud-based products info security is always a consideration.

by Vyond on 27/4/2021

Thank you for your review, Ellen. Also, thanks for the feedback on the Zoom/Pan function. I'll share this with our team. Please feel free to share feedback with us anytime at [email protected]

Sue W.
Pharmaceuticals, 10,000+ Employees

"Fun Product to Use"

Comments: I use this to create fun, engaging communications. I love the support that I receive from Vyond. I'm currently taking a free 8-week training from Vyond on how to create better stories. What a class-act organization.

Pros: This is a fun product - both from my perspective as an Instructional Designer and from the aspect of being able to engage my end users. I can take a simple message and my users are so much more likely to click the link and view the message. There are so many options and it is fairly easy to use. Vyond has a lot of great resources to get you started but to also keep you learning.

Cons: I actually have nothing that I don't like about the software.

by Vyond on 14/4/2021

Thank you for your review, Sue. We'd love to hear from you, especially about props, actions, or character features you would like us to add. Please feel free to connect with us anytime at [email protected]