15 years helping Irish businesses

About Zoho Assist

Zoho Assist provides a simple and straight forward user interface to connect to remote computers anywhere on the globe.

Learn more about Zoho Assist

Pros:

Browser integration and Linux support are top features for us. Unattended also is a key feature for us.

Zoho Assist ratings

4.7
4.6
4.6
4.7

9.1/10

Zoho Assist has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 968 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Zoho Assist before?

Director in UK

Great value for money

Comments: Have never had a problem with the service, it's always been available. Customer service are great and always reply quickly.

Pros:

Zoho Assist is very easy to user with a great user interface. Remote sessions are east to setup and great to use.

Cons:

Soemtimes while using the remote support option, some Mac users find it hard to allow the needed permissions for the software to work. A video would be good explaining how to set this up.

Alternatives Considered: ConnectWise ScreenConnect and VNC Connect

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Assist: TeamViewer's cost was too expensive, the purchasing was awkward and their customer was so bad, to the extent that I found them very rude.

Switched From: TeamViewer Remote

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Assist: The cost was amazing when comparing the services offered and the price of competitors.

Systems Administrator in US
Sports, 201–500 Employees

How to not break the bank with remote assistance.

5.0 last week New

Comments: Zoho has been great, it functions as a tool that I don't have to worry about and don't feel I'm being gouged

Pros:

The cost to feature/function ratio is great. There are lot of features found in comparable more expensive solutions but available at a much more budget friendly package. The interface is intuitive and simple to navigate and understand vs other more costly solutions.

Cons:

Unattended agents sometimes go offline for short periods of time after intense troubleshooting sessions that require multiple reboots, connect, disconnects.

Alternatives Considered: TeamViewer Remote, AnyDesk and BeyondTrust Remote Support

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Assist: Cost and frustrating issues from support.

Switched From: LogMeIn Pro

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Assist: The way Zoho Assist handles multiple monitor setups was the second selling point next to ease of use.

PAUL
PAUL
Technical Director in South Africa
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

ZOHO Assist is going to be indispensable when it is perfect

Comments: Having only used ZOHO Assist for about 6 months, it is good. It is better than the horrendous prices that you need to pay for TeamViewer, and it integrates better than AnyDesk.

Pros:

I love that ZOHO Assist is part of the ZOHO One suite. This means that we can deploy the client to all of our support tickets. In this it integrates with the rest of ZOHO perfectly like ZOHO Desk and ZOHO CRM. It is really simple and allows us complete control over connections.

Cons:

The recording of the remote support does not work as much as we try. The second when connecting to a server for a client, it seemed like a memory leak was increasing the resource usage after a couple of hours. This meant that we had to restart the server and use AnyDesk rather. Not a great testimonial, but this should be easily fixable.

Alternatives Considered: AnyDesk

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Assist: The pricing was the number 1 problem I had with TeamViewer. The 2nd was the fact that you are always worried about the computer you were connecting to and what version of TeamViewer they were running.

Switched From: TeamViewer Remote

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Assist: The integration with the ZOHO One products was the main contributing factor.

Clay
Manager in US
Wholesale, 51–200 Employees

Zoho Assist For Remote Support

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: We have been very happy with the overall experience. The software is well-designed and we have never had any technical issues and have never had to contact Zoho technical support. That is a real plus for us.

Pros:

Very easy to implement and use for our environment. Especially like the web based interface. More features than we use in our small office to be honest. Overall great dollar to product value.

Cons:

Our remote customers are unfamiliar with the Zoho name and are sometimes hesitant to connect. We have to assure them that this is a legit piece of software to allay their fears. Not really a big deal, tho.

Alternatives Considered: TeamViewer Remote

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Assist: Teamviewer was too expensive and required much more setup than Zoho does.

Switched From: TeamViewer Remote

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Assist: Pricing and ease of use. Tested both Teamviewer and Zoho with our users and they preferred Zoho by far.

les
owner in Canada

Zoho Assist

5.0 last month New

Comments: I really like the price and how it just works. No version issues or customer updates. OR the customer does not need a login. NOTHING, it just works easily.

Pros:

that is works, I like both unattended support and the Assist session. customers find it easy to just go to join.assist.com and get it going. I will be using the integration into my web site soon also.

Cons:

I wish I could just copy / paste files BUT file transfer does work. And I get the job done.

Alternatives Considered: TeamViewer Remote, Microsoft Teams and BeyondTrust Remote Support

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Assist: don't like their prices and Zoho is way easier to use for both me as the tech and the customer.

Switched From: TeamViewer Remote, Splashtop and BeyondTrust Remote Support

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Assist: price and ease of use. Then I found out that it just works every single time. love it, when it just works. I am doing tech support, I don't want to fight with my support tools also.

Nick
Computer & Network Security, 2–10 Employees

Zoho Assist excellent alternative to more expensive options

5.0 last month New

Comments: Excellent experience all around I have also been using their mail service with a custom domain and been happy with that as well.

Pros:

Has worked for over 10 years without major issue and when I did I could contact support and get help within a few hours and usually resolve any issues in that time as well!

Cons:

Have not been able to make it work on Mac Desktop

Tim
CEO IT Manager in US
Computer Networking, 2–10 Employees

Zoho Assist is Essential to the IT Support Business

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I love it!

Pros:

Remote Access is critical to our business model. We use it everyday and it is easy to use Zoho Assist. It's easy to deploy and get started with a client right away.

Cons:

Customer support is limited. I would like more chat support.

Zubayr
Senior IT Engineer in South Africa
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Most affordable and reliable remote support platform for unattended access

5.0 4 days ago New

Comments: Overall it's positive. Minor issues cause loss in connectivity.

Pros:

Ease of use is key here. Everything is accessible and fast. Cheaper than other alternatives for unattended access. Also, being billed for remote support separately from unattended access is the game changer.

Cons:

Sometimes the agent loses connectivity and the machine must be restarted.

Deborah
Network and Computer Technician in US
Computer & Network Security, Self Employed

Zoho Assist a great product that is worth the purchase!

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: It's available when you need it. It's easy to learn how to use. Their our plenty tutorials out there if you need more information.

Pros:

The dashboard, and the ease of use. The easy setup, and the tools included to do your job well.

Cons:

I am still trying to find it. You will love this software.

Good alternative to TeamViewer

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

Pricing and easy of use. Software is user friendly and not to complicated

Cons:

Lack of advanced customization especialy in terms of language.

Benjamin
IT Systems Administrator in US
Gambling & Casinos, 501–1,000 Employees

Really Easy Setup

Comments: We needed something to gain unattended access to our PCs and Servers. It was a really easy setup process and had devices ready to login within minutes. They also have a chat feature which allows you to speak with technical support within minutes.

Pros:

There are so many great features of Zoho Assist. The unattended support feature saves so much time in the troubleshooting process. It is fast and haven't had any issues with performance. I also really like the fact that when you delete a device, the software deletes itself from the device automatically. The setup was really easy and the chat feature in the admin portal, I was able to get technical support within a few minutes the times that I did have questions. I would recommend this to anyone who needs unattended remote access to the network environment.

Cons:

I haven't seen any cons. It is really fast connection and especially convenient that it is unattended remote support so I can login without needing confirmation from the end user, this saves so much time in the troubleshooting process. A suggestion would be add features that would allow the admin to see information without having to log into the PC, such as disk space, memory / CPU usage, last time rebooted.

Alternatives Considered: Zero Threat Advanced

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Assist: They no longer offer their services for free. We have numerous issues with their services when it was free so we weren't going to pay for their services.

Switched From: TeamViewer Remote, ITarian and Zero Threat Advanced

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Assist: We were already using the Zoho Assist, remote assistance and found it really simple and easy. We decided to try the unattended support and it has been a great experience!

Jay
Supreme Lord and Master. in Australia
Construction, Self Employed

Great Product

Comments: I use this software daily to provide remote computer support to individuals and businesses. Since COVID this type of service is in high demand.

Pros:

There are slightly easier to use products on the market but when I looked at pricing they were approximately 3 or 4 times the price $14 odd dollars a month compared to $52 odd dollars a month. Value for money this product wins hands down. As a sole trader incorporating $14 a month into my fees makes me look a whole lot more competitive to my customers than $52.

Cons:

The software sometimes as the customer if the Technician can access their clipboard an excessive amount of times *between 3 and 20 times for one session* - it also asks when you arent even trying to use the clipboard. This can feel obtrusive and unneccessary.

Alternatives Considered: TeamViewer Remote

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Assist: Pricing was the main reason I switched from Teamviewer. Teamviewer is a little easier to walk the customer through installing if they are old or not a very good listener and not very observent. Zoho requires them to look at their downloads (Such as the bottom left hand corner of the browser for Chrome users) and some customers dont know what browser they are using, dont know what I mean when I talk about looking in the bottom left hand corner and dont listen when I tell them to click on that. However - having said all of that the price difference makes that a small obstacle compared to teamviewers quite expensive pricing. The reality is spending an extra 5 minutes to ge the remote software working or spending an extra $40 odd dollars a month to make it easy.

Switched From: TeamViewer Remote

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Assist: This question seems to be requesting the same information as the "why did you make the switch" question. Why did you chose Zoho over another product. Why did you switch to Zoho from another product. Same question same answer.

Matthew
IT Administrator in US
Retail, 51–200 Employees

Zoho Assist = Great value, Reliable service, and very customizable

Comments: We primarily use Zoho Assist to provide remote access to company workstations but also use it to provide remote IT support

Pros:

Zoho Assist is the most affordable RDP and remote support platform we have used. The service is extremely reliable and consistent - in a year-and-a-half we've experienced only a couple service outages - which were resolved quickly with the progress communicated to us throughout. Zoho is also constantly adding useful features and improving the quality of their product on a monthly basis. Assist is also very customizable to tailor specifically to business and client needs and can be seamlessly integrated into a vast array of other Zoho or business application products.

Cons:

Because Zoho offers such a wide variety of business solutions the subscription costs, licensing requirements, and configuration administration can be a bit confusing. It can lead to frustration when trying to customize a solution or integrate systems. The live support is very good though, and they always respond to our email inquiries .

Alternatives Considered: TeamViewer Remote, AnyDesk and LogMeIn

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Assist: We had a Teamviewer corporate license which was thousands of dollars and limited to 3 concurrent connections. It also left us stuck on a specific platform version with the only way to upgrade or add connections being to spend thousands more dollars.

Switched From: TeamViewer Remote

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Assist: Zoho Assist was the best value and had the best variety of features and scalability options

Alix
Computer & Network Security, 2–10 Employees

Zoho Assist is the last remotely platform you will ever need…

Comments: I am 100% happy with Zoho Assist. It makes my life easier and my customers life easier. It saves a whole bunch of $$$ a month, and it’s super dependable. Their platform is never down and always consistent. I highly recommend Zoho Assist.

Pros:

My absolute favorite thing about Zoho Assist is how easy it is to use on a computer and on my iPad. My customers don’t struggle to install the software and get support. I love the fact that they have customized rates to accommodate smaller IT companies. I definitely recommend this to everyone I talk to about simple and fast Remote Desktop solutions.

Cons:

Nothing. I’ve been using Zoho Assist for 3 years and I have not found one thing I dislike about this platform!!!

Alternatives Considered: AnyDesk

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Assist: Teamviewer got too expensive to use for a small business.

Switched From: TeamViewer Remote

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Assist: I ultimately chose Zoho because it’s a much easier platform to use and more cost effective.

Bailey
Digital Project Manager in US
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Zoho Assist should be the 'Gold Standard' of remote connect software

Comments: Zoho Assist has become a critically important program for my job. I could not support my clients as easily and with as little customer frustration without it.

Pros:

Zoho always has a clean GUI, but they also add robust features.

Cons:

I wish I had a little more Branding control, but this does not impede it's use and is similar a feature preference.

Alternatives Considered: Splashtop

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Assist: I had started using other Zoho apps and loved them, so when I saw that Zoho had a program like Teamviewer called Assist, I figured I should give it a try. I was blown away and began transitioning all my systems from Teamviewer to Zoho Assist.

Switched From: TeamViewer Remote

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Assist: I like the GUI, the features, the price, and being a part of the Zoho ecosystem.

Artur
IT in US
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Zoho Assist Review

Comments: Very good A+++

Pros:

It is free, they are so nice to help small IT businesses like me and provide the basic services free of cost through their spiceworks network.

Cons:

Nothing, how can you hate free? I respect and support this company, in a world where greed thrives, they were able to help people such as myself during a time like now and the entire pandemic continue to run and help others. Thank you ZOHO!

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Assist: Cost

Switched From: TeamViewer Remote

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Assist: Needed to run or help friends, family and customers with IT remote services.

CIO CSO in US
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Zoho Assist just works at an unbeatable price!!!!

Pros:

Easy to use, install, and reliable. No training is necessary. Support is superb and more features are added constantly.

Cons:

I want to be able to monitor more through the unattended agent. Currently, some monitoring is available, but it's not enough.

shaye
Warehousing, 11–50 Employees

Simple interface, works as it supposed to

Pros:

I have used other remote support software to be able to login and assist my team with computer issues or to see real time what is going on with an issue my team is working on. Zoho Assist is simple and straight forward and has the tools needed for me to assist and resolve issues that have come up. from pricing to support Zoho has been a favorite of the company for many years.

Cons:

Not much about Zoho assist that we do not like. Sometimes the login can be a hassle because of user error but otherwise it works as advertised.

Alternatives Considered: TeamViewer Remote and LogMeIn

Switched From: TeamViewer Remote

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Assist: Straightforward software, pricing and support

Tobbie
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Great Product at a great price

Pros:

Zoho Assit is a great product with every functionaly we needed

Cons:

Could make domain verification easier to verify.

Alternatives Considered: TeamViewer Remote, Splashtop and AnyDesk

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Assist: Teamviewer got to expsensive cost was over what we could afford as a small business

Switched From: TeamViewer Remote

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Assist: Price and features where better with zoho assist over the computation

Chandan
CTO in India
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Zoho Assist review by a company who is using the product since last five years

Comments: We are using Zoho Assist for the last five years and we are happy with it.

Pros:

It is to the point, accurate, and real-time customer support portal. Everything is transparent and logs are generated in the back end so that you can check who is doing what in your team. Granular level access can be given to technicians.

Cons:

Two features are missing as of now. Real-time voice chats with client and auto chat transcript mailing to the client at the end of the sesion. Otherwise, everything is good.

Alternatives Considered: TeamViewer Remote and AnyDesk

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Assist: We wanted a single point of contact with all other business applications and easy handshaking between them. Moreover, Zoho Assist is web-based and mobile is there also. We always wanted to go for such a platform that can help us to give 24x7 support to our clients.

Eoin
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Great remote connection software with multiple level account options

Comments: We use Zoho Assist primarily for training our new clients on our software as part of our on-boarding process. Zoho Assist has easily connected to windows and apple/mac machines and really help us better understand how our providers were interacting with the software. I'd like to see a level of use between business and enterprise or have the ability to "choose" the features I want to use/pay for kind of like a la carte pricing.

Pros:

The ability to easily and quickly connect to a remote user's machine. The ease of setup (except Apple products).

Cons:

The quality of the connection can severely affect usability. I'd like the option to connect to the remote machine to "watch", but have to "Press a button" to turn on my ability to interact directly with the machine.

Alternatives Considered: TeamViewer Remote, Splashtop and AnyDesk

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Assist: Issues with the software/cost

Switched From: TeamViewer Remote

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Assist: Cost, access within the Zoho products we already use.

Darshan
President in US
Accounting, 2–10 Employees

Great remote access / remote support software

Pros:

The ease of use and ease of set up definitely made it the best option - no lag between connections and a stable connection every single time, even when using with weak wifi / data connections. The mobile app makes it simple to use, as well as the versatility of the iPhone, iPad, Android (phone and tablet) and PC / Mac apps is phenomenal and the app gets regular updates to address any bugs / introduce new features and stability.

Cons:

The file sharing could be improved - i.e. not needing to log into the remote PC to initiate the file transfer.

Alternatives Considered: TeamViewer Remote, Splashtop and Citrix Workspace

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Assist: Pricing and support as well as ease of ue

Switched From: TeamViewer Remote and GoTo Meeting

Joseph
Real Estate, 501–1,000 Employees

Zoho Assist is the perfect solution to connect remotely without interruption.

Comments: Zoho Assist was an excellent service to connect remotely, this platform made it possible for us to give some support for various clients, also, when our employees had problems with their computers or with some technical configuration, we could easily access their computers in a matter of seconds. Zoho Assist gave me a very good and smooth experience, I loved how I was able to connect remotely without any interruption, also I was able to annotate, share relevant files or documents, communicate and configure the quality or consumption of Zoho Assist on my computer. Also, I also used Zoho Assist on my mobile device, and the experience was similar, very smooth experience.

Pros:

Zoho Assist was the perfect solution to connect remotely between computers. The first thing I liked about this platform is the excellent quality and fluidity that it gave me in each remote connection, that was very important to me since it helped me to function and manage other computers correctly. I loved the audio and video chat and communication system, that helped a lot when connecting to my client's or employees computers, to communicate with them during the remote connection process. I also liked the file transfer system, I was able to transfer various files to the computer that was connected remotely, also the file transfer does not slow down this remote connection. In addition, the annotation system also worked great, I was able to annotate on the remote connection screen, to write anything or any information.

Cons:

The only negative point of Zoho Assist is regarding its free trial period, this free trial only lasts 14 days, it does not give users such complete access, which makes it a bit difficult for them to do on this platform. With that version theyu will have limits on the number of computers they can connect to, they will also have time limits for each remote connection, I used this trial version for a few days and had to upgrade to a paid version to test and use Zoho Assist.

James
Senior Technician in US

Review

Comments: Positive.

Pros:

Features, price, and ease of use. When comparing these three key features Zoho came out on top.

Cons:

Some functions take a little while to learn. Interface is much better than it used to be.

Alternatives Considered: TeamViewer Remote and LogMeIn

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Assist: Cost

Switched From: LogMeIn

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Assist: Cost and functionality

Jorge
IT Specialist in Puerto Rico
Computer & Network Security, 2–10 Employees

Affordable and efficient remote solutions services.

Comments: From the start my overall experience have been excellent. Great services, great affordability and user friendlyness.

Pros:

As an IT Specialist with more than 10 years of experience on the field I've used a lot of remote connection services and Zoho its the only one that is cost effective, easy to use and no restrictive software that let me work the way I need to.

Cons:

Te affordability and easy to use for me and my customers.