15 years helping Irish businesses

About PayPal

From payments to credit to fraud protection, PayPal Commerce Platform helps you meet your customers where they are.

Learn more about PayPal

Pros:

There are some good advantages to having a paypal account and can make it worth the money. One of the best things about paypal, is the ability to be able to use paypal to buy things online.

Cons:

The most frustrating experience is recently I had a dispute and I could not see the dispute details in the app and had to login via the browser.

PayPal ratings

4.6
4.3
4.6
4.5

8.8/10

PayPal has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 25,138 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used PayPal before?

Filter reviews (25,138)

Roberto
Roberto
President in US
Financial Services, Self Employed

Paypal: Easy to set up and get going

5.0 last month New

Comments: Thus far, PayPal has been solid with zero downtime and no technical issues. That’s important for a small business.

Pros:

PayPal was easy to set up for my small business. I had it up and running in a couple of hours.

Cons:

The transaction charges could be better, but they are competitive this space.

Stephen
CEO in Jamaica
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

PayPal is the best service especially for new businesses

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: My experience with PayPal has been great over the years they've helped me to grow my business and also taught me a lot I do e-commerce also have a digital business as well.

Pros:

I love PayPal been using PayPal for over 20 years now and they hel run my entire business don't know what I would do without them their service makenit easy to receive payments from just about anywhere instantly what's not to love about that plus many other tools and services they have that I don't think they're is enough room to state here.

Cons:

I would love for PayPal to make it easier for small businesses to get money for help also when sending transactions family to family if they find that transaction was sent in that way to be fraudulent we should be able to get a refund but based on how the system is set up you can't do that right now that's about it.

Barbara
sales in Canada
Financial Services, Self Employed

PayPal refuses to close my account

1.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: I have been a user for 13 yrs, but I want to close my account --- PayPal refuses to do this! I had a bad experience with a $754.00 charge from LinkedIn for 1 yr of Prime service, but I cancelled it within 28 days, and there was supposed to be no charge. LinkedIn billed me anyway, and when I put in a complaint to PayPal they told me I still had to pay them. I then appealed to PayPal, then they told me their protection from fraud in this case was not covered!! Whaat?? LinkedIn finally gave me a $754.00 credit, so my account has a ZERO balance, so I again asked to close my account ---- then they told me I couldn't because I had a Honey PayPal (I never applied for this, nor did I ever receive any rewards or points on this), so I contacted Honey and they cancelled this so-called account I had. PayPal still refused to close my account, even though I sent the details of the LinkedIn credit and the fact that they billed me in error. Now PayPal tells me they need to "verify" my identity. They already have my name, address, bank account number, e-mail. They are demanding I send them ID such as my Driver's license, Passport, credit card bill, Federal tax # (doesn't exist in Canada I told them), or they refuse to cancel my account. I told them they never asked for this when I opened my account, why do they need this to close my account -- no answer. I am not sending them any personal credit details, have they not heard of "identity fraud?" They have refused me to escalate to a Manager, refused me their e-mail address, mailing address, and I feel like I am being black-mailed. If they try t charge me non-use fees I will not pay them. I was forced to contact the Consumer Protection Agency in Canada to file a formal complaint against them. Moral of story --- DO NOT USE PAYPAL, find another way to pay for your goods!

Pros:

PayPal used to have good customer service, but not anymore. They have subbed it out to the Philippines, and they don't care about you at all. Sometimes I can't even understand what they are saying.

Cons:

I don't like their fees for non-use for 1 year. They charge you a penalty if you don't use your PayPal after 1 year. They also charge a lot for exchange on money currencies.

Fund-Raising, 2–10 Employees

PayPal does the trick

Comments: It’s been good. Customer who have PayPal are able to pay me quickly.

Pros:

Most services link to paypal so it’s easy to setup and deploy

Cons:

I don’t like having to login to use PayPal.

Steve
CMO in US
Internet, Self Employed

Simple and Easy Way to Invoice Clients

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

The fact I sent an invoice in approximately 1 minute makes this an easy choice. The BEST part is I can transfer the money to my bank account in 1 day OR choose an instant payment and get the money immediately after paying a small fee.

Cons:

While I love the Instant payment option, it appears they have recently raised the fees. Regardless, I still take advantage of this feature because I find it incredibly valuable.

Kimberly
Kimberly
Owner in US
Hospitality, Self Employed

Villainous and So Secure!

Comments: Cool and professional feeling but I'd not likely go back.
I found Google Docs and Sheets and Photos to just run better with a route through Found Bank.
Paypal is not client friendly.

Pros:

I love the ease of invoicing but dislike how the layout sits. They are EXTREME about their safety and security. Literally accepts any payments.

Cons:

Their security was great! The fifty minutes on the phone 2+ times a day didn't help me in the damn least. Automatic payment taken from my account due to charge back. Then the inability for them to respond really upsets me.

Real Estate, Self Employed

Great for Small Business Invoicing

Pros:

It's really easy to use PayPal, both as a vendor and as a customer. Everybody knows the brand and considers it trustworthy. It allows me to include my own branding on the invoices I send out and lets me save templates for things I use most frequently.

Cons:

The email that is sent to the payers can sometimes looks like an attempt at phishing, so customers sometimes call to verify to make sure the invoice is actually from me.

Diego
patron in France
Wholesale, 2–10 Employees

There is nothing better

Comments: Overall it is an excellent application or site to be able to manage your expenses and see your history. In fact, it is used to administer your expenses much more easily than on other services.

Pros:

In truth, the only thing that bothers me is the slowness of 30% of their functionality or service and the difficulty of adding a bank card to the Paypal account.

Cons:

What I like is the ease of use that Paypal offers and especially the fact that it offers lots of features that are just as useful as the others

Niel Winston
Niel Winston
Remotask in Philippines
Computer Networking, 10,000+ Employees

Paypal review

5.0 last month New

Comments: I AM VERY VERY VERY VERY HAPPY AND SATISFIED THAT PAYPAL IS MY PARTNER SINCE I WORK ON ONLINE JOB I LOVE PAYPAL I RECOMMEND IT TO EVERYONE LESS HUSTLE AND VERY SECURED

Pros:

I like paypal since i worked on remotasks paypal is my partner of transacting my payouts and easy to use less hustle and very secured putting saving youre money on paypal I RECOMMEND PAYPAL TO EVERYONE☺️

Cons:

I like paypal since i used it i have no words for paypal it helps me a alot THANK YOU PAYPAL☺️💰

Market Research, 51–200 Employees

Great if they lower the fees

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

PayPal is actually a great tool, we are able to send invoices seamlessly, even subscribe our customers and refund them easily too, if needed.

Cons:

The exchange rate is low and the fees are higher compared to other similar apps.

Monique
Web Designer in US
Online Media, 2–10 Employees

A great tool for any size business, but also for the average Joe to send money to a friend for tix.

Comments: My overall experience with PayPal as a buyer is very positive. I am happy that it is easy to use and I am protected. As a seller/business, my experience is mostly positive. I enjoy the features, the ease, and the trustworthiness as an option to my customers. However, it is difficult (near impossible) to use when you have someone using the PayPal software to get refunds.

Pros:

There are so many pros. I use this software as a business, to help set-up other businesses to accept online payments, but I also use it as a person. Let me explain, I use it to send money to friends to pay for my half of our concert tickets. I use it to pay my mom back for the loan she gave me. My mom uses it to send me money if there are emergencies. One of the biggest pros is that it is easy. PayPal is by far the easiest to use, after it is set-up. You can have all your bank accounts, cards, etc. all in one place. I do not have to have my wallet handy. Checkout is a breeze. It is the same experience across any store, and any place that uses PayPal. As a business, it is trusted, and that is a huge plus. They are hugely protective of buyers, which makes you feel safe using it. Continually, there are tools like invoicing, website button codes, abilities to send reminders, or monthly auto-payment requests. The possibilities as a business and a regular 'person' are endless. I use this software daily. I even sometimes use it as a sort of 'bank account' and use the attached debit card.

Cons:

The same thing that is a pro, is actually a con, though from the seller's perspective. Frankly, because the buyer protections are so strict, it can mean that money is taken from your account as a seller, without your consent. It is very difficult to regain that money. A seller must take photos, videos, and keep stellar documentation to protect themselves. The actual process itself is a bit cumbersome and not the easiest to find. A second "con" is the fees. Obviously it costs money to process credit cards, but the fees do get to be a bit excessive. However, they are competitive in terms of how much they charge.

Brandon
Body Piercer in US
Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

User Friendly Money Services

Comments: PayPal makes it easy to pay employees as well as make business purchases online and in store. You can cash a check (for a small fee) quickly using the mobile app. As previously mentioned, the ability to send invoices to clients is extremely convenient. It's just an overall great provider of money services whether it's for business use, personal use or both.

Pros:

I like the fact that it can be used to easily send and receive money for business and/or personal purposes. It allows you to create and send invoices as well as currency conversion. Most of the services offered are free while the rest are provided at a very reasonable price. PayPal will provide you a personal and/or business debit card that can be used at many ATMs free of charge. When you consider that most of the services provided by PayPal don't cost a thing, you just can't beat it.

Cons:

There's not much to dislike. I suppose I would like more options when it comes to contacting customer support. The 2 options provided (phone or online chat) are not always sufficient. I would like the option to contact support via e-mail and possibly even SMS.

Grace
Operations manager in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

An option for online payments

Comments: We utilized pay pal when quick books no longer offered a service for accepting online payments. We had to have something for our patients to utilize online to be able to pay us. This was a great quick and easy tool that allowed us to accept those payment for a small fee.

Pros:

The software was easy to implement and manage. We were able to put it up on our website and manage payments within a couple of hours

Cons:

The charges for payments received and limited options for customization. We were charged a small percent on every payment that was sent in and it did not allow us to customize the portal on our website much. Like adding an email or our patient specific account #.

Anna
Student in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Helping a College Student get by

Comments: Overall, the convenience and easy use for PayPal is what sold me on the app. I like how easy it is to do business transactions and how easy it is to transfer money between myself and others.

Pros:

PayPal is widely used for multiple reasons. I started using PayPal because it was easier to transfer money with my roommate when one of us would buy dinner or pay rent. I also shop online frequently and many stores have the option to pay using PayPal. I have my card linked to it so if I did not have my bank card with me it was convenient to pay by PayPal and they would take the money from my bank. Recently I also been using PayPal for business purposes and I like how the buyer and seller are protected. I have had issues where my order never came, or I was scammed and PayPal helped resolve the issue so I did not lose any money.

Cons:

There really is not any cons with this app. The process to complete a claim for a refund can take a little long, but others companies take about the same time. There is a fee to instant transfer but it is not that much depending on the amount you are transferring.

Abele
Owner in Singapore
Retail, Self Employed

Industry leading payments and protection with PayPal

Comments: PayPal has always been fair and transparent with their policies, although they do love to make changed to their policies and not make it abundantly clear how these policies are applied. Furthermore, policies are not identical throughout regions, so at times even PayPal customer service is confused. Whenever we reported issues to them, they were always polite and accommodating to a certain extend.

Pros:

PayPal is excellent is processing our online payments with a reasonable rate per transaction. Customers trust PayPal as their payment platform and as a result, we see an uplift in customer trust when they buy from us for the first time. PayPal is also industry leading in terms of international payment handling and protection both buyers and sellers.

Cons:

Although PayPal "supposedly" protects it's users, it often is a tug of war in terms of proving that everything is done EXACTLY according to their stipulated terms and conditions, even if this is not the default option that is presented to buyers and sellers. This often means that you will have to learn the hard way on how to protect your store from fraudulent claims, even if you think you have done everything by the book. Additionally, PayPal does not offer free refunds anymore. So if you dont trust the transaction, you're still forced to send it out or be forced to pay PayPal's fees.

Caroline
Caroline
SAP B1 Consultant in Kenya
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Best Online Money Transactions Tool

Comments: Paypal is a great tool for online money transactions. There are other online money transaction options but Paypal is the most reliable.

Pros:

I like Paypal because it is widely used and accepted as a means of payment by most online businesses. I make most of my online purchases using paypal. It's convenient. The transaction fees are also quite reasonable. Paypal is also quite easy to set up an use. The only thing you need to have an account up and running is an email address. The process of sending out money is also very easy since the only information you need from the other party is their email account and in seconds you can have money from your account transferred to theirs. Since Paypal rocords all your transactions, it is easy to monitor your financial transactions and make decisions. Another good thing with Paypal is you can have more than one Paypal account for different uses in your business or personal life. Paypal is also pretty secure. I have never has an a security challenge with Paypal. However, you should always stay safe and never share your password with anyone.

Cons:

A challenge with Paypal is that if you are not careful with your passwords, your account could be hacked and you could lose your money. Another disadvantage of Paypal is that their system has a challenge with accepting digital visa cards. Another disadvantage of Paypal is that the company could limit or ban your account and prevent you from doing certain transactions or accessing your money as a whole. I have had my account disabled and couldn't access my money for about 6 months.

Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Paypal - Payment Solutions for Business

Comments: We use Paypal to process payments from a number of websites and increasingly we use Paypal for client invoicing and payments. This often leads to faster payments than traditional invoicing and BACS processing. If you take occasional credit card payments over the phone, a Paypal business account can be a better option than a typical merchant account from one of the mainstream banks. Paypal has proved very reliable over the years and on the odd occasion when we have had to use customer services the response has been timely and satisfactory.

Pros:

Paypal is now widely recognised as a payment solution - reputation and trust are important when asking customers for payment - especially online. Paypal's key selling point is that users with a Paypal account do not have to enter card details on a website which makes the payment process safer for all concerned. Paypal has a global presence and can accept payments in most countries that you are likely to be dealing with. As a market leader, Paypal has good integrations with 3rd party tools like shopping carts. If a payment processor is going to be supported by a third party, Paypal is likely near the top of the list. Customers can make online payments without having a Paypal account. The virtual terminal feature is also useful for processing payments over the phone or setting up a web page for ad hoc payments. The invoicing feature does a good job of tracking payments and reminders.

Cons:

There can be occasional issues with late chargebacks and the resolution process is very much weighted against the merchant. A Paypal business account works well for online sellers with a certain volume/value of transactions; if you have larger volumes/values, there are other payment processing solutions that may be more cost effective.

Cullen
Cullen
Business Intelligence Analyst in US
Information Services, Self Employed

PayPal Reaches New Heights in Security and Convenience

Comments: PayPal has served me well over the past 8 years or so and I will continue doing so. I've always felt a sense of security around my purchases and integrity of confidential information. Its amazing how PayPal has managed to serve such high standard of security related services while continuing to enhance its convenience via new features, fast support, and a ever widening network of user touch-points. PayPal's availability is far beyond what today's local banks offer. Users can find uses in websites/stores that accept PayPal, in-person physical access to your account for withdraw or deposit, and full control anytime, anywhere with the mobile app and superb web interface.

Pros:

PayPal has always worked without fail when used as a payment method. In one glance at my PayPal dashboard either on my computer or mobile device, I'm able to check my balance, credit balance, credit payment due date and more. I've even found myself without cash or balance in my local checking when I needed to pay a bill. That's when I tried PayPal cash withdrawal using the app for the first time. Within minutes I had the money I needed! There are so many benefits and tools built around convenience within PayPal that I can't say enough. I'm a fan of investing and when PayPal teamed with Acorns for easy round up investments I was quick to take advantage of it. To be honest, I hardly use my checking compared to how much I use my PayPal account.

Cons:

There isn't much to dislike about PayPal, however I there were a few times I had sent/received money from family and it was mistakenly handled as a payment. The problem was purely user based. More than likely the manner in which we requested and/or sent the money was different than the "Gift" function. The gift being handled as a payment for services instead lead to a fee of a substantial amount. Perhaps some better explanation on requesting a gift vs. payment and such. I see PayPal has recently introduced an invoicing system which is amazing. I hope they continue to do so as they were lacking free services targeted towards individual entrepreneurs who did business under their own name rather than a business.

Ignacio Araujo
Freelancer Translator in Brazil
Translation & Localisation, Self Employed

Sill a reference for payments, but fees became too high. There may be better options out there.

Comments: PayPal is probably one of the first and most famous payment platforms. It's still a reference for freelancers that render services to foreign clients. I've been using it for years and never had any problems to receive and pay with them, as well as to withdraw funds to my local bank. However, their fees became too high if compared to other peers in the industry. Also, they apply a high conversion fee when you need to convert your foreign payment to your local currency. In short, it's a reliable and effective option as a platform, service and company, but you may expect to spend a bit more than 10% of your gross payment when receiving money with them. I've been looking for better options from a cost-effectiveness perspective, but still use them in some cases.

Pros:

- It's still a reference in the industry. As a freelancer, I can receive payments from almost any client using this tool. - It's easy to use and you can quickly transfer payments received from anyone in the world to your local bank account. - It's a traditional and reliable company in this industry (an important point when it comes to your money).

Cons:

- Fees became higher and higher. Now, I'm paying around 6,5% to receive payments from my clients using PayPal. - In addition to those high fees, they also discount a high spread on exchange rate conversions. Usually, you will convert money to your local currency with a 4,5% discount on the mid-market current rate (i.e., considering both fees, you may expect to be taken more than 10% of your gross payment). - Recently, they changed their policy in Brazil and now I can't hold a USD account with them. This means I'm forced to convert any payments to Brazilian Reais as soon as I get paid, which may not be a good option depending on the exchange rate at that moment.

Brian
Brian
customer service representative in US
Retail, 10,000+ Employees

The original virtual wallet

Comments: I'd say it started out rough but through perseverance and patience (on the customer's side of things) we now have a fairly good financial platform to conduct basic financial transactions with ease and peace of mind.

Pros:

Longevity-- PayPal has been in the game since 1998. In my opinion, they are the original virtual wallet allowing for financial transactions to be processed with as little as a click of a mouse. Innovation- PayPal revolutionized digital wire transfers and made sending money between friends and financial institutions a breeze. They eliminated the need to physically go to brick and mortar locations which propelled them into a different class from their competitors like Western Union and MoneyGram. Security- Starting out as a software security development company for handheld devices known as Confinity, PayPal's notoriously safe and secure methods of transfer and payment processing is intrinsic to its core values. This level of security allows PayPal to continue to expand it's financial services to more than 200 countries and regions making it the go-to service for a plethora of small business owners, individuals, and even entire countries.

Cons:

Customer Service- It's honestly atrocious. I'll admit that through the years it has gotten better however you better hope and pray your money doesn't get stuck in some transaction because you'll be pressed to get a straightforward response let alone a resolution from the "customer service" department. PayPal has definitely ironed out some major kinks in their systems however when things go bad they really go bad. I have had friends who've business accounts have been randomly shut down citing some obscure terms and service violations. Meanwhile, thousands of dollars of their money is being held hostage in frozen accounts. The process to recover your funds isn't entirely possible with frozen accounts which leaves merchants with money they are unable to access and steps to take that are not possible. I am talking years of legal mumbo jumbo just to get their money released to them... So I caution you ... TREAD LIGHTLY and read every bit of the fine print to make sure you are in compliance with their terms of service so they do not get you on some technicality which leaves you with a lifetime ban from the platform and o way of getting the money that is rightfully yours.

Anvita
Anvita
Tutor in US
Education Management, Self Employed

I Use PayPal Often

Comments: My overall experience with PayPal has been positive. It was only recently I had issues with the transactions not going through and my money being withdrawn then returned for each failed attempt but I never had issues before. I love how convenient and fast it is, and that I don't have to go get my wallet or type in card details. I also have used it when people had to pay me and I love that it comes to my account automatically and I can easily transfer it to my bank. Highly recommend taking a few moments to make a PayPal account for all these free conveniences!

Pros:

I love how convenient PayPal is to use when I leave my wallet in the car or somewhere far from me and I am too lazy to go get it (lol) because most online stores I shop from have PayPal as an option for payment method. It is worth taking a few minutes to create an account for the amount of convenience during checking out. You don't need to type in your card every time either! I also like that I can log in to my own PayPal account and view my transaction history to make sure everything looks normal and that there's customer service available when it does not. I love the convenience and that most stores utilize this fast checkout method! I also like that I have the option to transfer money to my back for a very very small fee immediately, or that I can wait a couple of days and it hits my bank account in a reasonable amount of time.

Cons:

What I like least about this software is that there has been a few times where I check out, and the page comes to an error so I try again. Once I had to try again 3 times and the payment never processed. Next day I checked my bank account and I had those 3 attempts are card payment holds pending! It wouldn't be a big deal except the total in my account deducted for each attempt! Fortunately the charges fall off and the money comes back automatically when the purchase is not verified complete, but it can take anywhere from 1 day to several days to get the money back and it's not fun when you're running low on cash!

Joseph
Producer in US
Media Production, 11–50 Employees

Paypal now does Cryptocurrency!

Comments: The only complete I've ever had with PayPal is they have horrible customer service. Often you have to leave a message that goes unanswered for weeks at a time. If you lose your PayPal card, I'll report it stolen, it's almost impossible to get them to issue a new one.
Without the card though, I've used it on every website that I buy things on. Almost every major online retailer, allows for a PayPal sign in. Sales are easy, and you can even use cards that you have linked to the account, when your PayPal balance is low.
I do recommend that you keep your phone number and emails constantly updated on your Paypal account. Often times these are roadblocks when trying to verify for online purchases. If your phone number is not right it will not send you the OTP, that is used to verify your identity.
I would actually recommend PayPal to friends. Especially the ones that are ignorant of cryptocurrency like I was. I believe it's going to be a great trading tool for the future.

Pros:

I've been a user of PayPal for years. Not only is it helped me make many of payments online, it's help me pay my friends when they were in a jam, and even buy things off of total strangers on forums. with PayPal you can send money with a couple clicks, or touches depending on the interface you use. The PayPal mobile app allows for fingerprint unlocking, which has made it even easier to use.

Cons:

I like that PayPal now allows you to buy cryptocurrency. I have often wondered about getting into this world and buying some, yet I was too afraid of all the fancy wallets, and terminologies. Now with the same ease that you use to pay friends or online bills, PayPal allows you to buy and sell, four different types of cryptocurrency. With my PayPal app alone I've made more than $50 this week.

Manager in Canada
Music, 2–10 Employees

Online Payments

Comments: All in all PayPal favors the buyer because they have risk by not doing so. This means that as a seller you have to fight to win appeals. Its a bit frustrating when it can be completely a buyers fault but they still side with the buyer to avoid a charge back from the credit card companies. Other than unscrupulous buyers and the appeals process - the company is solid and reliable. It is used all over the world so you don't usually have a hard time finding a place that takes PayPal. PayPal is great as an extra layer of insurance on the products you buy. They have a pretty robust money back guarantee on fraud so you can count on them to back up your purchase. They have two costing models. One is for the higher volume business transactions and the other is for families sending money or charities etc.

Pros:

Both the mobile app and the desktop application are very easy to use. The interface is user friendly and and intuitive. There are also personalized mini links you can give people to send their money to which is a handy feature that doesn't see the acclaim that it should. The apps themselves can store as much or as little data as you would like. The less data you keep on filed there though the more you have to enter in with each buy. Your information is easy to navigate through in some simple menu selections and a few clicks you can pretty much navigate everywhere on this site. On your mobile device you can set it up for express pay and you can keep your own personal profile up to date for payments for personal or business. All in all its very easy to use software.

Cons:

The fee structure if you're not a trusted vendor can feel a bit trapping as there is a mandatory wait period before they will release your money to you. There is no way within the software to expedite the process and there is no easy way to contact PayPal in this manner. The other issue with the app is that once you enter in a debit card number or a credit card number the app won't let you remove it until they are clear that your account is clear.

Rodrigue
Rodrigue
Freelancer & Entrepreneur in Russia
Computer Software, Self Employed

Paypal Review

Comments: In general my overall experience with PayPal has always been a positive one and its an app that i highly and usually recommend to friend , family and also to my customers in the course of my work as freelancer.

Pros:

The opening of a Paypal account is not only free but also very simple and fast A well-known and reliable payment gateway Ultra fast payment (5 seconds) Instant account-to-account money transfer PayPal commission negotiation possible PayPal presence in more than 200 countries Money available immediately Another big plus is that the money is available right away. Unlike payment processors like Stripe and the like, which block you funds for at least a week; PayPal you have the money directly available, you can directly spend them, pay them into your account within one minute of receiving the funds Once your account is open, you no longer have to re-register your bank details and can make your purchases from your sofas The confidentiality of your banking data minimizes the risk of fraud during remote shopping. If you do not receive your order paid with Paypal, you can, under certain conditions, be refunded Your payments in euros in the European Economic Area * are commission-free. There is a customer service that you can contact by email or phone. Another big plus of PayPal is that everyone knows. in the end it's quite simple: if you offer PayPal on your order page or on your e-commerce store, people immediately know what it is, often they already have an account PayPal. And so, it easily allows them to be able to pay you if they don't have their credit card available. Finally as an advantage, is that as a customer - and I admit, it is very convenient and I use very regular..

Cons:

Things i really don't like on Paypal is the high commission rate.Paypal has adopted a premium positioning on commissions since its inception, which can represent a real obstacle for e-merchants wishing to optimize their margins. The customer service Another downside to PayPal is customer service. Have you ever had fun calling them? There you have the little music that tells you: “your call is on hold, please wait” for 5-10-15 minutes. And then you wait 10-15 minutes, I've been waiting 25 minutes already, I still have no one on the phone. " So the customer service which is really very bad, big areas for improvement for PayPal. Plus, as soon as you have problems, it is still quite painful to have the right person concerned in the right department, to specifically have the need for the person who will help with the specific problem. If your password is stolen, anyone can make purchases without your knowledge. It is therefore essential to choose a complicated and non-intuitive password. A lot of adminitrative and paperwork So another problem with PayPal is usually the paperwork: there are a lot of verification requests. Geographical limitation Paypal now bans its use in some countries around the world, including Africa and the Middle East.

Niharika
Niharika
Student in Canada
Writing & Editing, Self Employed

Paypal is a must for financial handling and virtual security in these terrible times!

Pros:

There is the matter of secure transaction; one is able to use Paypal with great ease and with an extra blanket of security and fraud prevention as well as the encryption of bank and credit card account information. A variety of payment methods that are comfortable to utilize as well as great confidence and ease with strength and security in shipping, marketing, recordkeeping and calculation of taxes. It also offers immediate deposits, swift sending, spending, and exchanges; integral cash flow and swift access to funds is highly essential. Paypal integrates seamlessly with most businesses, whilst being friendly for various devices and platforms, and its fees are much less than the alternatives. It has strong invoicing and multichannel sales features as well. There are no fees for sending money to friends and family, as well as providing the most manageable method of purchase without worrying about one's wallet; one may instead be able to pay by the password!

Cons:

If one doesn't protect their password, account and sensitive information regarding to the virtual data, one can easily be hacked and compromised here on Paypal. However, that's mayhap a given if one requires such ease of use. A more common concern, nonetheless, is the lack of sufficient care and attention provided by the customer service; enthusiastic support for such grave situations and cases as well as swifter response in resolving disputes, where one may potentially experience frozen or delayed funds, would also be much appreciated. The seller protection policy does not cover digital goods either and there's also confusing transaction fees, widely varied and with rate differing per manner of use, as well as considerable chargeback fees...which is quite unfair seeing as if an item is lost or delayed, it is not the customer's fault and yet in order to regain some of their loss, as shipping and transaction is not regained, they are made to provide a penalty fee that does not differ as per the situation and amount in question. There is also no offline payment processing, and it would be a great improvement were that possible. Of course, there is also the recent addition of inactivity fees, although that may be easily avoided with a little care and logging in every few months or at least every year!