15 years helping Irish businesses

About Jane

Jane is an all-in-one, cloud-based EHR with a full suite of features to help make running your chiropractic practice more efficient.

Learn more about Jane

Pros:

This is much more efficient. Customer support is also excellent and response time is great.

Cons:

The downside of trying to be a system for everyone means that at some point it might become too difficult to use, or difficult to learn, especially as Jane becomes popular in other countries.

Jane ratings

4.6
4.8
4.6
4.8

9.2/10

Jane has an overall rating of 4.8 out 5 stars based on 367 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Jane before?

Michelle
Michelle
Physical Therapist and Health Coach in US
Medical Practice, Self Employed

Support team are top notch professionals

5.0 last month New

Comments: Consistently helpful support team, but I have only needed them 3 times in 2 years! On boarding / set up documents and system were well organized and easy to follow. I love being able to use templates and / or tweak notes on the fly. As a solo practitioner, it is helpful to have access to the template library to save time (borrow others' templates or standardized testing tools) rather than needing to build it all out myself.

Pros:

When I need help, I have options to use chat, voice call, email, use the bot, or search the guide. Today I choose the chat option so I could continue to work in the background while getting timely assistance. Through the chat, screen shots and a loom video, I was able to correct my issue at my convenience. As happens most of the time, it wasn't a Jane issue, it was a user issue but I was given professional, nonjudgemental support from [sensitive content hidden]. He was able to ask clarifying questions, look into the various aspects that impacted my scheduling issue and show me how to fix it. I also appreciate the new Ted Test option to see what clients see/ experience without creating false data in the system.

Cons:

I sometimes get confused or forget some details about different appointment types and schedule settings; the details need to line up for the whole system to work properly. But this is true for any EMR, and it isn't really a Jane issue, it's a human issue of keeping up with the details.

3 weeks ago

Michelle, this is such a wonderful and detailed review of Jane - thank you so much for taking the time to share this with us! Isn’t the template library one of the best? Reading this review and seeing you sing the praises of so many things, but especially Support and your recent experience is so rewarding - we’ll pass along that lovely feedback! Sounds like Ted Test is meeting the needs we hired him for, so glad to hear that he’s been helpful in your clinic. We are so lucky that you chose Jane and we hope there are many more years ahead of working together. -Caitlin on behalf of Jane

Tanya
Owner and Acupuncturist in US
Alternative Medicine, 11–50 Employees

5+ years experience with Jane

Comments: I love the scheduling in the charting. This is why I switched to Jane. The problem is is that the bookkeeping and financials are absolutely critical To the success of any business. This is Jane’s weakest area.

Pros:

Charting templates and scheduling are the best features.

Cons:

Financial reports and bookkeeping it’s a nightmare. I wish there was no unapplied and reapplied payments shown in the reporting. I wish making changes to payments did not result in erroneous transaction lines like “5/15 $15.00 payment, 5/15 -$15.00 payment, 5/15 $15.00 payment. Sometimes the software settings is confusing- it asks me to set commission rates for an apt type then asks me to set commission settings per practitioner which resulted in me underpaying my staff for a whole year until we audited everything. It was a nightmare. Also if one of my front desk receptionists accidentally selected a practitioner when selling a package it overpaid my staff. Another auditing nightmare to figure out correct commissions resulting in back pay to my employees, even one of them quit over this issue! In the audit I even found the software paying a staff member $25 commission on a “1st late cancellation” which we do not charge the customer for. Generally, Jane’s customer service is great but all they told me about this issue is “that is not Jane’s intended behavior, we don’t know why it did that, we are working to figure it out.” After not hearing back from them for a long time, I sent them another message asking if they had figured it out and received the same reply. I am forced to audit every commission report now every month so if you are somebody who pays commission based practitioners a warningabout commission distributions. Always double check the software cannot be trusted in the financial area.

last month

Hey Tanya. Thank you for sharing your thoughtful feedback - it's great to hear that you're enjoying the charting and scheduling features in Jane! You’re right, managing finances and bookkeeping is crucial for your business success and considering that certain settings led to challenges with your clinic staff, we get your frustrations. Our customers having a seamless experience where you don't feel the need to repeat yourself is something that’s important to us so it’s disappointing to hear about your recent experience with our team. While we don't have all the specifics due to anonymity in reviews, we'd love to connect with you to discuss your feedback further and get an update, if you're open to it. We're so grateful to have the opportunity to work with you for so long and for the time you took to share your thoughts about Jane, we’ll continue to make Jane better. :)

Zahra
Psychotherapist in Canada

Psychotherapist

3.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

The payment didn't go through. We have difficulty going live

Cons:

Reminder and invoices were made. Reflection on the service was good

last month

Hey Zahra, appreciate you taking the time to leave a review, though it’s tough to hear you faced challenges going live. Starting with new software often has a learning curve which is why our team is always here to help! We're dedicated to sorting things out for you so we’d be happy to get an Account Setup Consultation booked with you. Feel free to reach out to our team at [email protected]. Also, join our Jane App Community Group on Facebook - it's a fantastic resource for learning and connecting with other users. :) We're hopeful we can turn your three-star review into a four or five-star in time, but we’ll keep working on the never-ending journey of improving, but remember we're here to assist you in getting comfortable with Jane. :) Caitlin on behalf of the Jane Team

Shannan
RMT and clinic owner in Canada

Ease of practice

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Excellent! I recommend to other colleagues frequently. Jane makes running a clinic easier, customer service is top notch. They always have the answers and are so kind holding your hand if need be through any processes or inquiries.

Pros:

The easy switch! Jane helped me every step with moving all my data over and starting with Jane at a new space. Also how compliant they are with our provincial regulations for heslthcare providers.

Cons:

Sometimes i feel overwhelmed with features! It seems that Jane has so many features, I in fact dont take the time to learn how to fully make use of the program because I feel overwhelmed with all the options.

2 months ago

Hey Shannan, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback and experience with Jane so far. We love hearing how easy the switch was and the positive impact Jane has had on your day-to-day of running a clinic. Exploring all our features can feel like tackling a new language or instrument – takes some patience and practice, but it’s worth it. I hope you’re using our handy resources and reaching out to our support team when you need a hand - remember we’re always there to help. :) Thanks again for leaving such lovely feedback, but even more so for choosing Jane. We’re super excited to keep growing and working together! -Caitlin on behalf of the Jane team

Mathilde
Chiropractor in UK
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

Jane is the best software i've ever used!

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: I don't have a bad thing to say about Jane. I've used 3 other software's prior to Jane and they pale in comparison. I set up my own practise 2 years ago and I honestly feel Jane made the whole process so much easier. Thank you Jane - easy 5 stars from me.

Pros:

The online booking, statements and billing documents, it integrates with stripe and phsyiapp, easy to customize forms etc. You can duplicate notes create phrases which makes writing notes quick and easy. Customer service is fantastic. Above and beyond any other similar service. And when you need to leave they send you PDF of all client notes which makes it a breeze to comply with data safe keeping.

Cons:

I wish they offered it in the country I am moving to.

5 days ago

Oh, this is such a lovely review, Mathilde. So sad to see you part ways with Jane, though we never like to see it that way when we're leaving on a good note, and it sounds like you have an exciting adventure ahead of you! Everything you've listed here that you appreciate about Jane brings us so much joy - the work we do every day results in experiences like yours and that is endlessly valuable. We're so fortunate we got to be a part of your practice for two years, so thank *you*. Who knows, maybe we'll see you again in the future - but until then we're wishing you the best of luck! -Caitlin on behalf of the Jane Team

Stefanie
Mental Health Therapist in US
Mental Health Care, Self Employed

Great Experience with Jane so far!

Comments: I have loved it and I intend to continue to use it!

Pros:

I love that I can get help if needed through email or over the phone and that I am always talking with a live person, not a recording. I love that I can literally take care of my billing, my scheduling, my payments, and my notes/charting all in one place!

Cons:

I don't have any complaints yet, I just wish that I better understood the insurance side of things but I honestly think once I start sending claims through it will became really easy for me, I just need practice.

3 months ago

Hey Stefanie! Oh wow, reviews like this always leave us feeling so happy, so thank you for sharing. We love so much that you’ve been finding Jane helpful and our support team has been so helpful. We hear you about the insurance piece, adjusting to a new system can be a lot, and that usually means there will be new workflows for things like insurance. Always remember our team is here to support you as you get to learn the ropes of Jane, so you can reach out any time to [email protected] We thrive helping helpers like yourself and hope we can continue to be a part of your journey. Thanks for being with us! -Caitlin on behalf of the Jane team

Sean

Happy I switched to Jane

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: My experience has been excellent. I am glad I switched.

Pros:

I like that I can log in from anywhere, on all types of devices. I don't have to pay for backup storage because it is cloud based. It is easy to use. They have a ton of help videos and articles online. Patients like the online scheduling.

Cons:

Some of the reports could be better. I would like to know how many of each CPT code I have done.

5 days ago

Hey Sean, we're thrilled you made the switch to Jane too! We totally get your feedback on reports - there's room for Jane to be even better, and we're excited to see what's next. We're always working to make your experience (and everyone else's using Jane) even more awesome. Keep us posted on how things are going, and remember, we're always here to help. :) -Caitlin on behalf of the Jane Team

Margaret
Office Manager in US
Medical Practice, 2–10 Employees

Fantastic product and fantastic team!

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Still fresh and getting things set up but the customer service/support team has been so wonderful at answering questions and helping me with areas I am unfamiliar with. The features of Jane that I have learned about so far are exciting in the way that it will make many aspects of my job so much easier. Definitely wish we took this step sooner.

Pros:

Awesome customer service/support, the software is easy to learn, software will make my job way easier

Cons:

No complaints so far, still new to Jane but I can't imagine I would have anything major to complain about

5 days ago

Goodness, this is such a lovely review to read! Thank you for taking the time to share this with us, Margaret. I hope you're still finding things exciting about Jane and that it truly is making things easier. As always, never forget that our Support Team is always here to lend a helping hand, or even a friendly chat, if you have a question. We appreciate you and the opportunity to support your clinic! -Caitlin on behalf of the Jane Team

Shawna
Office Manager in Canada

JANE business app.

5.0 last month New

Comments: Very user friendly, and easy to learn!

Pros:

It is very user friendly, and if trying to apply something new, it is easy to figure out. PLUS - if I cannot figure it out, I like the ability to call the help line for assistance. (usually in a time crunch, when I need to figure something out asap).

Cons:

I do not have anything that I can think of to mention at this time.

5 days ago

We appreciate you taking the time to leave such a kind review, Shawna! We're thrilled that you find Jane easy to use. Remember, our Support Team is just a message away if you have any questions. We're always here to help and we hope we can keep making your day in practice smoother and more efficient. Thank you for letting us be a part of your journey!

Sonia
Consultant in Canada

Great customer support

Pros:

The simplicity that everything is accessible and there are tons of resources available for support.

Cons:

No cons I can think of at this time. Just a learning curve.

2 months ago

Thank you for the sweet and simple review and for choosing Jane to be a part of your practice, Sonia. :) We pride ourselves on not only our features and the simplicity we hope they bring to your day, but also our customer support, so hearing you’ve enjoyed your experience with both so far means a lot to us. We hear you on the learning curve and realize everything takes getting used to, so I hope you continue to lean on our support team and resources as you get more familiar with Jane. -Caitlin on behalf of Jane

Mandi
Owner/Physical Therapist in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

Easy to set up, all inclusive, easy to use, great design

Comments: Having the scheduling, payment, auto-reminders, patient info, online scheduling--basically having everything I need in one place has been a dream. As a solo-preneur this has been a life saver for me!

Pros:

Easy to set up and use, intuitive design, love that I can customize colors/branding, and have multiple locations. I like having access to templates but also the ability to edit them or create my own. Customer service is excellent, though honestly, besides a little help with initial set up, I've only had to contact them once in the first 6 months of using it.

Cons:

In addition to 1:1 patient appointments, I offer workshops and trainings. I wish I could set up registration for these a little differently instead of it looking like a patient class, and would prefer a link to send people to register JUST for that workshop, instead of sending them to my calendar.

4 years ago

Oh Dr. Murtaugh, Your "pros" here is probably the nicest write up of Jane that I've ever seen. Thanks for taking the time to write it out and share your experience. And I sent you a follow up email yesterday with some information on how you can jump directly to the classes registration area since every URL in the booking process is unique. Let me know if the email didn't come through :) I'm so glad that you're part of the Jane community - I ran through your instagram feed and your website and the work you're doing is impressive and so so helpful. Well done! You are one powerful solo-preneur and I'm so glad Jane can be part of your Team. Alison - Co-Founder

Peter
Owner/acupuncturist in US
Alternative Medicine, Self Employed

Jane App is an amazing Practice Management System

Comments: I just wanted to take a moment and share how much I appreciate Jane and the whole team. They are an amazing, top-rate organization and their support and customer service are second to none! Their openness to feedback and constant improvements in performance and function make it a pleasure to use the system. My patients love the user experience too!
Thank you Jane for always going above and beyond!

Pros:

Integrated EHR, scheduling, billing, accounting functions, integrations with other apps/programs that are highly customizable for every individual or business

Cons:

I would love to see an expansion of the "intake form" feature that would allow customized language for follow up forms to patients such as pain and function surveys, updates of personal/insurance information (I think most clinics do this on a yearly basis), etc. I currently send different surveys regularly, and I use the intake form function for this. Unfortunately, the language is set for new patient intake paperwork. It would be nice to have even just one more category for "Updates" or something like that.

4 years ago

Hi Peter! What a nice review to read today. I'm so glad to hear that you and Jane are enjoying working together :) Patient Reported Outcome Measures is a great feature request. So many fun and helpful features we could add here, and it's something we're excited about too! Updating insurance information regularly is a great call too. We're doing some development around insurance info collection right now actually - and I'll add this idea of regular updates to the list. We do have "expiring intake forms" which could currently work here (if you create one just for insurance info and set it to expire after 1 year, Jane will automatically send a new one if they book in again after a year of the form being completed). Such good thoughts Peter. Thanks for sharing. And your comments about the team are so appreciated. Thanks for being part of the Jane story Peter. We're lucky to have you. Alison - Co-Founder

Terri
Administrative Director in Canada
Hospital & Health Care, 11–50 Employees

Wonderful software, wonderful team!

Comments: Jane App has been a wonderful addition to our office and makes managing patient files a dream. The Jane team is always there to help if needed and are ever changing to grow with the new world.

Pros:

East of use, always improving to make it work even better than it already does, its nice to look at.

Cons:

The ability to limit what patients can see on he their profile.

4 years ago

Hi Terri, Thanks so much for all the stars! This is such a pleasure to read this morning. I love that you're enjoying working with Jane in your practice and that you're taking the time to "train Jane" in all the ways that work best for you through customization. So glad you're part of the Jane Community Terri! I especially love it when Jane gets along well with Admin Managers and Team - practices are a busy place and I'm always thrilled when Jane can help with the day-to-day. Have a wonderful weekend Terri! Alison - Co-Founder

Robyn
osteopathic therapist in Canada

Highly recommend Jane App for health care setting

Comments: Love it and feel it is great value for what I'm receiving.

Pros:

I have been using Jane actively for a few months and am appreciating it more and more on a daily basis! I've noticed an increase in new patient bookings as, apparently, people like the freedom to book online rather than playing phone or email tag with me. Many, many of my return patients comment how much they love Jane and how easy it is to use. In the past few weeks I've started online charting as well as the booking and this too is going well. I'm thrilled to finally be done with paper patient files (that I need to store for 10yrs once inactive!). This is much more efficient. Customer support is also excellent and response time is great!

Cons:

Not really a con, but because Jane offers so much, there is a bit of a learning curve, at least for me. However, I'm not a tech-sort and had only done paper booking prior to Jane. Thankfully, they were able to walk me through any difficulties I was having with set up etc.

4 years ago

Hi Robyn, Thanks for taking the time to submit this review and welcome to the Jane Community! I love that you're finding success with the online booking through Jane - my practice is seeing 60% of our appointments booked online so I agree that it's a feature that is appreciated by patients. When I first opened my practice that number was closer to 25%, so it's interesting to see the change in patient behaviour over time. And congratulations on making the move to electronic charting! Leaving paper behind can feel like a big change, and I hope you're taking advantage of things like the template library and our new phrases feature, which can help speed things up. So excited to be working together and as always, let us know if our team can help in any way. We are so proud to be here to support you and your practice. Talk soon, Alison -Co-Founder

Brenda
LMT in US

Growing Your Goals

Comments: I'm loving everything that Jane has to offer. After 10 years in the medical profession (nurse) and being a real stickler for documentation, I'm a big fan that I can create my own intake forms and consents. This allows me to continue a normal charting flow for me while protecting both my client and myself from any future issues that may arise.

Pros:

I love that Jane App is a total package - appointment scheduler, documentation, ease of accessibility for both practitioner and client - all for a fraction of the price of hiring someone to do the same work. Jane makes it so easy to visualize the roadmap I need to create in order to obtain the goals I set for my massage practice. And even better...I can grow my business with the Jane App, too! What's really blown me away? The customer support at Jane is personable, prompt and open to receiving feedback to what their practitioners wand and need in a software program.

Cons:

Scheduling is a little tricky as the sole practitioner. My business is mostly out call based but will occasionally have repeat clients, friends or family over to my home to provide the same massage service. Unfortunately, right now, Jane isn't able to accommodate blocking off schedules if another location is booked. I'd also like to see Jane have a mobile app in the future.

4 years ago

Hi Brenda, I love that you've "hired" Jane for your practice! Thanks for sharing your experience here with us. A nurse turned LMT is a fascinating story and I'm glad to hear that Jane can help you provide great (and well documented!) care to your patients. I laughed out loud reading your pros. It sounds like it was written by a Jane marketing team! I'm so pleased you've been enjoying working with our team. When I talk about community at Jane it's a big web - Jane the App, Jane our Team, Jane our Customers and even your patients. Like fascia, every layer is interconnected to build out a strong community of people. I'm glad you're part of Jane's story Brenda. Keep letting us know how we could do better. We'll never stop trying to delight everyone that meets and works with Jane . Ali - Co-Founder

Brett
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

Best EHR for solo practitioner chiropractic practice

Comments: Ease of use but really needs some updates rushed through for the billing reports so I don't have to continue paying for my old software just to use their ledger/billing reports.

Pros:

The online scheduling, automatic patient reminders, ease of storing credit card info and sending superbills to patients, emailing intake forms, charting, all allow me to run my own practice without needing a front desk to do these mundane tasks since JANE does it all automatically! Save on both EHR and overhead from one less employee.

Cons:

THERE IS NO FILTER OPTIONS ON BILLING REPORTS MEANING NO WAY TO GET A CONCISE ITEMIZED RECEIPT and it's causing me to use my old EHR system for all my personal injury / car accident patients to RE-ENTER everything before submitting it ...wasting a lot of time. for some reason JANE lists every single diagnosis code after every single CPT code (sometimes over 20+ per patient after an accident, doing 3-4 CPT codes per visit). This has caused me to have to send 200-300 page billing reports to attorneys after treating these patients for several months...or worse to insurance companies or only accept it by FAX or snail mail which gets expensive for paying for fax pages / print and ink and mail. PLEASE UPDATE TO HAVE ITEMIZED RECEIPTS OR FILTER OPTIONS ON BILLING REPORTS! Then this EHR will be perfect.

4 years ago

Hi Dr. Brett, I actually read your review here a few days ago and then went down a full rabbit trail finding the example you sent in of the Superbill and learning more about the trouble you're having getting a concise receipt. Then I forgot to respond to your review here! I pulled out your example and made sure it was well documented with the part of our dev team responsible for these receipts and I really appreciated the clear and thorough report you gave on why it's not perfect for the way your run your practice (yet!). When Jane gets these reviews I am always really inspired to earn any missing stars and address any cons, so thanks for taking the time to both share your experience and educate our team when you're finding areas where Jane could be more helpful. I really truly appreciate that. I know we sent you a follow up email about this a few weeks ago, so let me know if you have further questions! Alison -(Co-Founder)

Amanda
Hospital & Health Care, Self Employed

Perfect for Small Businesses and Ease of Scheduling for Patients!

Comments: I love it so much! It's exactly what I need for my little practice!

Pros:

I love how easy this software is to make appointments and chart for my patients! It is great to be able to look up other templates as well if I don't want to create my own note template! I love that the live chat is available for the first 30 days! I would be lost without it! It has helped me so much with little questions I have as I learn this software!

Cons:

I only use this software on the weekends. I wish that I could view weekends only as opposed to only removing weekends from my view. I also wish I could see my month on the schedule so I would know what I have coming up for the month.

4 years ago

Good morning Dr. Amanda, What a wonderful review - I really appreciate your enthusiasm and congratulations on your new practice! That's so exciting And the onboarding chat is a something we just started a few months ago, so I'm really pleased to hear you found it useful. I'm going to pass along your comments there to our chat team - they'll be so glad to hear that they were helpful to you! A little tip for schedule viewing, if you click the number keys on the keyboard you can reduce the number of days in your view. So from the main schedule, click "2" to see only the next 2 days, "3" to see 3 days etc. I know it's not quite the condensed view you're looking for to make booking into the future easier, but it could get rid of the blank weekdays for your upcoming weekend. It's also not a default but I wonder if you'd like to play around with it anyway. https://jane.app/guide/staff-profiles/keyboard-shortcuts Welcome to Jane! Alison - (Co-Founder)

Steve
Acupuncturist and Clinic Owner in US
Alternative Medicine, 2–10 Employees

An honest opinion from a former software developer/engineer, who's now a Doctor of Acupuncture

Comments: I own and operate a low-cost community clinic. We have very limited reception support and we see a fairly high volume of patients. We needed a reliable, fairly full featured, tool that would off-load the burden of patient scheduling from my staff, enable my practitioners to document quickly and effectively, and enable my support staff to easily access patient records, upload/export patient charts, and document patient interactions. JANE does all of that, and more. This literally is the perfect support tool for a small to mid-sized, multidisciplinary medical practice.

Pros:

JANE is a solid, extremely well thought out, full-featured product that is highly reliable, very responsive, quite customizable, and attractive to both practitioners and patients. It literally invites you to use it. And even more than the product, JANE's development and support staff are there for you every step of the way. They're always striving to make their product better. I am continually impressed by their responsiveness and innovation. It's the best EMR software product, for the money, thatt I've ever used, and I'm a certified EPIC support specialist.

Cons:

Seriously...I can't think of any cons. This product does everything I want and need, and it does it superbly for a very reasonable price.

2 years ago

Hi Steve, Wow! What a review. I am definitely sharing this with the whole team today. Thank you for the detailed breakdown of what you've most enjoyed about working with Jane. It truly delights us to hear when Jane helps make your workload a little lighter for both you and your team. That way you can get back to doing the impactful work you do in your community. We appreciate you. Have a wonderful weekend :) Maddie On Behalf of Jane

Jacqueline
Director of Operations in Canada

Respect the Clinic Managers/Owners

Comments: Jane to me is first designed to please the charting therapists and administration second. The overall experience is good but is still very limited which is why its described as simple. More attention is needed in the accounting aspect of the program.

Pros:

The program is nice looking and fairly simple.

Cons:

Jane has taken away the ability for clinics to correct simple errors like a refund or a payment unapplied to an invoice in error. You have to email into the support workers who can not always figure out what is happening so you are having to explain how to proceed to ensure the correction is done right. The strange this is you can unapply a payment and refund on the same invoice over and over. So, since I was told this was taken away due to a large amount of errors that was happening why not start with fixing the ability to do the same thing over and over to the same invoice. Also, there should be different levels of control with corrections and deletions like other softwares.

5 years ago

Hi Jacqueline, Thanks for the review and I'd really love to work with you on the flexibility you need for accounting mistakes. As a clinic owner myself, I have experienced the end of day run around trying to figure out what was mis-recorded and can understand that flexibility is so necessary. I'll pull up your support emails to see where you're struggling, but if you're the manager/owner you shouldn't have restrictions on applying or unapplying payments. And while we do give warnings (since book keepers don't love it) you can back date your changes if needed. Creating refunds by mistake is something I'd like to fix from the outset. I'd love to know why it's happening so often that it's a problem for your practice. Perhaps there's something there that we can fix from our side. I'll send you an email to see what we can do here! Otherwise we do have more granular permissions coming up, so you have more options for staff! Alison - Co-Founder

Tzachi "Saki" Litov
Tzachi "Saki" Litov
Patient Advocate / Health Navigator in US
Hospital & Health Care, 2–10 Employees

Incredible Program That Continues to Grow!

Comments: Overall Jane has been phenomenal! Not only are we happy with the flexibility and ease of use of the system, but the fact there's a community of users constantly offering help and feedback, and that Jane is incredibly responsive.

Pros:

The fact that Jane had an integrated payment system that was incredibly easy to set up and use was a huge factor in our choice. Additionally, they offer online scheduling as well as the ability to send forms that we can create. Plus the charting is as simple or complex as you want it to be with a huge array of options.

Cons:

Jane is still growing. One of the areas I'm hoping to see improvement in is its internal database of names. Currently, there is no way to segregate Clients (or Patients) from practitioners or even family members in a way that is useful. I'm hoping they'll integrate and/or add a way to prefill facilities & practitioners that are already in the system, so they don't have to be added over and over again.

4 years ago

Hi there Saki, So nice to hear from you and what an interesting title "Patient Advocate/Health Navigator". I love that. I'm so glad that you're working with Jane's integrated payments - we saw a really big shift over the Covid response period to contactless online payments. I'm glad that worked so well for you. And from the health navigator perspective - I appreciate your thoughts on the need for an internal database of contacts. This pairs nicely with a more robust "letters" feature that we have on our roadmap, so I'll make sure this feedback is part of that planning. Thanks for the lovely final comments. I 100% agree with you that the community you gain when you join Jane is a benefit that's hard to describe. We are also looking at doing more with the connection of our members since owning and running a practice can be a pretty lonely role. Appreciate you and the work you do Saki! Alison - Co-Founder

Dana
Owner / RMT in Canada

If you have a clinc you NEED JANE

Comments: If I have a question they get back to me promptly their tutorials are fantastic, so practitioners can practically train themselves online before onboarding. COVID hits and guess what they are the first do implement virtual treatment software with no extra charge and COVID screening and the ability to check in from their cars. This company CARES for you and your clients. Thank you with all my heart!

Pros:

We have 6 practitioners and 3 rooms we share and 5 different disciplines. No other platform could support all our needs for online booking that integrated easily with our website. Kept track of their commissions and splits for services and products in a beautiful and simple financial section. And everyone could customize their own intake forms and treatment notes that are kept in Phipa highest standards online. We can book clients, accept payments send clients their insurance receipts in the click of a button. We literally do not have the expense of a receptionist Jane and their amazing help team is our best office manager!

Cons:

We have a sliding scale for our therapists so this software doesn't allow that but they are adding new features on a weekly basis to accommodate all the needs of the users.

4 years ago

Good Morning Dana, Thanks for the lovely review! What a wonderful practice you have - I love the interdisciplinary approach. And how great to hear that Jane is working well for your wide range or practitioners. I am especially proud to read your comments about how Jane's covid response worked well for you and your team. I am going to share your kind words with Jane's team today! We've been talking about how we get to "help people help people" here at Jane - and your review here really helps bring that idea to life. Thanks for the work you do in your community! Alison - Co-Founder

Kaila
Administrative Manager & Social Media Director in Canada
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

The best software ever!

Comments: Training is a breeze with a software like this! So user friendly and beautiful to use everyday! The Jane company is very innovative and are constantly coming up with ways to make things easier, different integrations and what not. I love the simplicity, I love the colours. The online booking system has been awesome for our clinic and our patients. I will also add on the experience with communicating with Jane representatives has been amazing. They e-mail back quickly, are always nice, and explain in detail what's going on with whatever you are inquiring about. In any business its important to have that, they always help me out when I'm stuck!

Pros:

What I like most is the overall ease of use, its very user friendly for everyone! From taking payments, to tracking the A/R, to day end cashing out, it is so simple as everything is recorded properly. Our therapists would say the charting section is useful with all of the different templates, and our patients would say the online booking system is great as well.

Cons:

The only feature that I can even think of that would be missing from Jane App is a feature to tell you if someone your booking is already booked in on that day. A pop up saying something like "Heads up! this person is already booked on this day at this time" would be extremely beneficial for our staff! Some patients forget they have an appointment and will go to book in thinking they haven't. This is the only suggestion I could add and would think that I like least is the double booking.. I know Jane will eventually make this because they listen to your suggestions and actually put them into action!

3 years ago

Thanks for the lovely review, Kaila :) I love that you've taken the time to let us know about everyone's experience (admin, therapists, patients). Oh- and I'm so glad to hear that you've been helped by our team - we love hearing from you! If you haven't already I hope you'll add your vote to the existing feature request to add an Alert for Double Booking into Jane. I will include the link here: https://janeapp.canny.io/feature-requests/p/alert-for-double-booking Thanks again for sharing and for growing with Jane over the last two years. Here's to the next two! Maddie On Behalf of Jane

Nick
Office Manager in US
Veterinary, 2–10 Employees

Dear Jane... (part 2)

Comments: I want to mention here that I wrote a review of Jane back in August, 2020. It's been over two years since then, and I have had more correspondence with Jane's support staff than I've had with members of my own family. That's not a commentary on using Jane requiring a lot of support, but rather more of an indictment of those family members. They know who they are.What I mean to say is that in the past two years, I've relayed questions from the staff as well as from the doctor/owner of the practice, and every single time I've asked Jane a question, I've gotten an answer back within a time frame of a few hours, to up to two days. That's a good turnaround time, but you know what's even better? They actually understand the questions I'm asking. Even if I interlace actual questions with deranged attempts at 'humor', the support staff proceed to help me, undeterred, and guide me toward the proper solutions or resolutions.They are patient, kind, generous with their time, and always at least give the convincing illusion of being helpful. Or maybe it's not an illusion -- maybe everyone who works at Jane is just a saint! Who knows? Either way, it's convincing. I'm a believer. Jane is good people.The short version, if I can say that without too much irony after the rambling above, is that Jane App is dope, and works like a charm. That's the good news. The great news is that if it ever doesn't work like a charm, you can be sure to be charmed by their support staff instead. Win/win.

Pros:

Scheduling clients is a breeze. The ability to block off sections of time, grab and move appointments throughout the day/week/month, keep a wait list for cancellations (along with notes that explain why they're on the list and what kind of appointment they're looking for), and the ability to color code appointments... all of that is 10/10 stuff. I mean, can other scheduling software apps do that? Maybe. I know Booker could do some of it, but Jane is clean, easy to use, efficient, and has cute little personalized greetings when you log in.I still remember when COVID was first hitting and I logged onto Jane.app on my phone, and read "We'll get this through together." That was genuinely a heartwarming moment, and I am generally immune to heartwarming moments. You have to be when working in a vet clinic. Otherwise you'll just find yourself feeding treats to puppies 24/7 and not actually working.You know, the one thing in particular that I like most about Jane is the customer service. The customer service is the reason I wrote the first review, and it's the reason I'm writing this second one. And believe me, I'm going to ramble about that below. Stay tuned.

Cons:

Sometimes when I submit questions to Jane, I make little jokes, and the person responding doesn't always acknowledge them. They're super polite instead, just generously disregarding the joke like an adult dealing with an inquisitive child. C'mon, Jane. Not even a pity laugh? ... please clap.

2 years ago

Nick, Wow. It's so great to hear from you again over two years later! Thank you for taking the time to write in such detail. Your review is such a lovely gift this holiday season. I am especially proud to read your comments about our support team and I'm going to share your words with the team today. I'm so glad you're working successfully with many of Jane's scheduling features. As an Office Manager, you are probably spending the most time with Jane out of anyone, so it's fantastic to hear how much you enjoy it! Thanks again, Nick. We're really lucky to have you. p.s. We like jokes :) Maddie On Behalf of Jane

Erin
Manager in US
Medical Practice, 2–10 Employees

Dependable and easy to use

Comments: 4/5I am really happy I chose this software. It has been great as I started my practice

Pros:

The customization is nice so it fits my practice and each clinician’s specialty

Cons:

Sometimes the window opens to the wrong patient so you have to be careful

last year

Hi Erin, Thank you for writing such a lovely review, we are also very happy you chose Jane! It truly brings so much joy to my day to hear that the customization available in Jane has created a delightful and dependable experience for the practice as a whole. Have you been in touch with our support team about a specific window opening up the wrong patient? Our support team would be able to nail down an improved workflow to avoid the wrong patient being opened or work to fix this experience you are having. Our team does offer unlimited support, so please feel free to reach out whenever you need! Our support email is [email protected] or you can give us a call at 1-844-310-5263, our support line hours are 6AM - 5PM PST, Monday - Friday. With all that said, we are so glad to have you in our Jane Community and we are excited to continue to work alongside you as your practice grows! -Kim on Behalf of Jane

Nicholas
Physiotherapist in Australia

It just works

Comments: 10/10. Love it

Pros:

It always just works, whenever I want something the feature exists and functions as expected. Their customer service is incredible. They get back to you incredibly quickly with personalised emails or video explanations. always blows me away. They're just great. Also whenever I'm unsure of something there are heaps of quick and easy video guides.

Cons:

Writing letters to doctors is still something I do outside of Jane in word. with previous software I have used there has been a good feature to instantly convert something into a letter addressed to the right Drs with CCs etc. Jane has this feature but it isn't good enough to use. This is truly my only negative feedback.

last year

10/10 we love you, Nicholas! Our teams work hard to ensure you have access to resources that are helpful, clear, and easily accessible. This is truly a collaborative effort, and I am thrilled that your experience with the support team and Jane Guides have been positive :slightly_smiling_face: If you haven't already, I would love to see you create a Feature Request for writing letters to Doctors. Currently, you could use a Chart Template but I am assuming it does not provide the 'Letter Head' style you would be looking for. I have linked some feature requests below that may match your needs, so feel free to comment and vote if they do. If there are changes to the status of these requests you will be notified! Thanks for choosing Jane- we are thrilled to have you! -Kim on Behalf of Jane https://janeapp.canny.io/admin/feedback/feature-requests/p/doctor-letter-templates?boards=feature-requests&search=Doctor https://janeapp.canny.io/admin/feedback/feature-requests/p/create-database-for-doctor[…]utogenerate-in-letters?boards=feature-requests&search=Doctor https://janeapp.canny.io/admin/feedback/feature-requests/p/doctor-reports?boards=feature-requests&search=Doctor