15 years helping Irish businesses

Microsoft Excel Reviews

4.8 (18,913) Write a Review!

About Microsoft Excel

Data analysis solution that helps businesses manage spreadsheets, create graphs/charts, perform calculations, share projects, and more.

Learn more about Microsoft Excel

Pros:

It's versatile functionality and data handling is best in class. It's online help and a huge user community makes it easy to learn and collaborate.

Cons:

I struggled to do use the different settings. I had trouble with printing everything correctly but it was mostly user error.

Microsoft Excel ratings

4.3
4.3
4.7
4.6

9.1/10

Microsoft Excel has an overall rating of 4.8 out 5 stars based on 18,913 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Microsoft Excel before?

Filter reviews (18,913)

Samuel
Samuel
Founder and CEO in UK
Internet, 2–10 Employees

Best Spreadsheet Software (Microsoft Excel)

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Microsoft Excel is an excellent spreadsheet and productivity tool for Data entry, retrieval, analysis, inventory management. Excel files can be exported to various format including .csv, xps, pdf, html, ods and other file format.

Pros:

Customer support. Ease of use and setup. Collaborative features. Flexible file sharing. 30 days free trial.

Cons:

Maximum number of row is 1,048,576. If data size is very large, pc can freeze.

CEO in US
Pharmaceuticals, 2–10 Employees

Good features but at a cost

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: It's been fine. It's included in my operating software though.

Pros:

Lots of features that aren't available on Google sheets. Exporting and importing never seem to have any issues.

Cons:

The price. Google sheets is free and has almost as much features and more people that use it to collaborate with

Nathan
Nathan
Senior Software Engineer in US
Law Practice, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Well, it's an option

Comments: A tolerant level of frustration, like accepting your parents or siblings because they're your only family, but they irritate you to no end. It's there and it's all you got because Google cloud apps are blocked by your law firm.

Pros:

The pros are thin on this software. I'll list them by number. 1. The software is over 20 years old and has been refined and recreated numerous times over that period. 2. It makes creating lists very easy when copying and pasting information from tables on web forms. It intuitively pastes tables by column and row quite accurately 99% of the time and enables you to take one column as a list and paste it anywhere else. This utility reduces the tedium of quickly conveying information to co-workers considerably. 3. The ability to import data by comma or tab delimited text files is also exceedingly powerful in reducing time spent listing or reporting on specific items in a format that is not conducive to pasting into a table, or perhaps powershell script derived data outputted to a comma delimited text file. As a computer engineer, this takes hours and hours of time and compresses it into minutes. 4. The formulas, while available on Google or other spreadsheets, are also good pros and help with calculating anything you need to do in terms of math from other columns, in my case and in short, capacity and utilization percentages of storage devices on hand.

Cons:

What I like least are the frustrating things, and while few, these really irk me and stand out as a problem, especially in creating reports for people using the formulas, math and functions that spreadsheets are best known for. Case in point: The ability to copy and paste just the function into another spreadsheet that is open. It simply does not work unless you tab out of the existing cell and this is because, annoyingly, separate files, completely separate Excel spreadsheets, all act as if they're part of the same file. If I have one spreadsheet xlsx file open and a separate one open where I'm copying and pasting pertinent data from one to the other, it acts as if I'm in the same spreadsheet and the behavior is inexplicably wonky and unusable. I just want to copy the formula plain text as is into the cell of another spreadsheet because I want to use that same math for data related to other irrelevant items. Google Sheets does not do this at all. Maybe this was something Accountants wanted for some crazy reason that I'll never encounter as an engineer. But this is obnoxious and makes me scream at the computer often. The other con is that I do not like the non-intuitive UI and clunky way to simply save files. It pushes One Drive, and pushes it hard like non stop telemarketing calls. Also, I just prefer the old way to save files. Call me old fashioned but it was simple. I don't need the whole screen to change when cling the file tab.

Guy
Guy
Director in UK
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

The original and best spreadsheet and data management tool

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Couldn't run our business without it. Essential!

Pros:

Presenting, analysing, and reporting on data sets, using pivot tables, and showing data graphically. It's essential for our business, nothing else comes close

Cons:

Occasionally I'd like to see more graph options, but it really does cover most bases

Saber
Saber
Customer accounting in Egypt
Accounting, 2–10 Employees

Excel is indispensable and one of the basics of practical, academic and professional life.

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: My comprehensive experience with the program lasted for several years and was generally positive, as the program provides many tools and features that help in managing and analyzing data efficiently, whether in a personal, academic, or professional context. The continuous updates made to the program ensure continuous improvement of performance and the addition of new features that meet the changing needs of users. I use the program in my daily life to manage personal budgets, track expenses, and create spreadsheets to organize personal information such as lists of things to do and appointment schedules. I've also used it to create shopping lists and track spending to help with daily planning and personal management. This software for me is an essential thing in my life that I can never do without. I would like to express my thanks to the work team working on developing the program and thank them for the benefit they provide to people through this great work.

Pros:

I liked many positives about this program, including its ability to adapt to different uses and needs, as well as its effectiveness in transforming data into valuable information through powerful analysis and visualization tools. In addition, this program integrates well with the rest of the Microsoft ecosystem, which enhances productivity and facilitates collaboration, and provides multiple options for protecting files including passwords and specifying access permissions, ensuring the security of sensitive data. Despite its power, it features a relatively simple and easy-to-learn user interface, making it an effective tool for both beginners and professionals.

Cons:

Most of the drawbacks of this software can be effectively dealt with through proper training and taking full advantage of its features, or using other software solutions or techniques in case of urgent need.

Sara
System Engineer in Italy
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Excel is a must

Comments: I love Microsoft Excel.
With all its features (graphs and functions above all) allows to create spreadsheet containing for examples math formulas, statistics. If you need help you will find a lot of information, support pages and videos, examples on internet.
There are some free alternatives, but I warmly suggest the use of Excel instead. There are different license plans you can choose from.
I also teach Microsoft Excel, it's amazing. There are a lot of function, easy and less easy that calculate and transform your data, speeding and making easy your work.

Pros:

a lot of function made calculation easy a lot of support and information on internet

Cons:

some functions are a bit difficult to set

Gary
Gary
Owner in Canada
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

"Boosting Productivity: Excel's Essential Tools for Every Business"

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

I've been using Microsoft Excel for years, and what stands out the most is its versatility. Whether it's organizing data, creating complex formulas, or generating insightful charts, Excel handles it all with ease. It's become an indispensable tool for managing my business efficiently.

Cons:

Occasional complexity in advanced features can be overwhelming.

Teresa
Software Tester in US
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Excel makes calculating easy

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Excel is a great tool for calculations. I also use it highlight something that isn't as expected. It's very easy to use and there are advanced features that I don't use that often.

Pros:

The best things about Excel for me is the sorting and autosum. I also use the find feature quite often.

Cons:

I haven't found anything about Excel that I do not like.

Flamur
Menagment regional in Serbia
Management Consulting, 501–1,000 Employees

The first and best calculation sheet and information the board device"

5.0 last month New

Pros:

Introducing, investigating, and giving an account of informational collections, utilizing turn tables, and showing information graphically. It's fundamental for our business, nothing else comes close

Cons:

Once in a while I might want to see more diagram choices, however it truly covers most bases

Lionne
Manager in South Africa
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Excel is Great

Comments: Overall excel is an excellent account product that you can use daily in your business

Pros:

Very user friendly from scholars to employees.

Cons:

Need to work on excel every day to get better understanding

Insurance, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Excel is a Standard for Analysts Across Industries

Comments: Using Excel is a great experience. There is a lot that can be done and it can be used to solve a variety of problems from making a guest list for an industry conference to analyzing data to displaying detailed graphics. The interface of Excel is simple yet compact, there are shortcuts for many of the most commonly used functions that frequent Excel users with memorize without even trying. The formulas in Excels are easy to work with and can be learned by individuals who do not have technical backgrounds.

Pros:

Over the years the variety of tasks that can be accomplished in Excel has increased drastically. Excel integrates well with the other products in the Microsoft Office Suite doing things such as including Excel spreadsheets and graphs in Powerpoint presentations or embedding them in Word documents. The amount of data that can be analysed in Excel is amazing, a workbook can handle over a million rows and over sixteen thousand columns. The goal seek function is really useful for solving algebraic problems. Data can be displayed concisely with the sparklines. Graphics can be brought to life with conditional formatting to be made presentation ready.

Cons:

There are a few downsides with Excel, many of the issues are related to workbooks becoming too large and being difficult to use. When a file gets over thirty megabytes it is prone to freezing or crashing when computationally expensive operations are being performed. The workbooks will sometimes stop responding and Excel will have to force quit and recover the workbooks that were open. Reopening, recovering, and saving the files is a painful interruption that may take several minutes. There are precautions that can be taken to avoid this such as turning calculations off, saving the workbook regularly, and closing out of unneeded workbooks.

Jessica
CS Supervisor in US
Financial Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Great product if you have the time to fully invest in becoming knowledgeable

Comments: Absolutely love it! Trying to do my job without this product at my disposal would be an absolute nightmare.

Pros:

Excel is a product that we frequently joke about being a “black hole of possibilities.” I’ve found that if I ever think “wouldn’t it be great if you could do XYZ in excel” that it’s probably something that CAN be done. You just have to go through the process of searching and finding out how to do it. We use Excel constantly and so much of our day to day tasks are done within Excel because it’s just the best way to keep track or to analyze data. I don’t know what we would do without such a product at our disposal.

Cons:

I don’t know if it can actually be labeled as a con, but when using Excel outside of just needing a few columns here or there or to do basic calculations, it can be difficult to just figure out how to accomplish a needed function. It really is necessary to devote significant time to delving into the functions within the product and to become knowledgeable about the product and it’s many possible functions.

Anoop
Anoop
HR Manager in United Arab Emirates
Construction, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Excel - Cant Imagine a day without Excel

Comments: the overall experience with excel cannot be described in one word or in one sentence. I have recommend all my friends to use the excel in their daily routine. Excel is a part of my daily work and it had simplified all my works.

Pros:

I have been using the excel for the past 20 years and the most excel features i use on my daily routine are the pivot table, vlook functions, graphs, calculations and it keeps on going. all the monthly salary calculations, deductions, are all compiled into one sheet and its very easy to share the files with password protection facility. i have purchased both home office 365 and for business. very compatible with the microsoft teams. Another feature of excel is the low

Cons:

everything in excel is very easy to learn, but only while using Macro and Micro features, i had found a little bit of difficulties. but using the help button itself, the same can be resolved within few minutes. the total features in excel in overwhelming and i feel like that i have been using only less than 20% of the total features of excel.

Elena
Office Administrator in US
Construction, 2–10 Employees

An Essential for Any Business

Comments: As mentioned above, I used to be intimidated by Excel. I actually really enjoy using Excel now though. I find myself using it for little day-to-day calculations. Could I manually figures into a calculator and risk an incorrect calculation because I pressed the wrong button? Yes. Better yet, though, I can put the data in Excel and have it run the calculations for me. I cannot remember the last time I used a calculator.

Pros:

I used to be afraid of Excel. It has so many features and functionalities that I used to get easily overwhelmed. However, once I took some training classes and watched some training videos online, I started to really like the software. Using it has greatly decreased the amount of time I spend manipulating data. It's also great that because there are so many users, you can pretty much Google anything that you want to do in Excel and find a training video for it. I love that I can condense data into pivot tables for easy viewing. I used to work for a company that created a very involved spreadsheet that they used to convert hourly employees' timecards into appropriate data to upload to ADP for payroll processing. If you can imagine it, Excel can probably do it.

Cons:

I would like to be able to share spreadsheets for editing more easily without having to use SharePoint. Aside of that, I feel like Microsoft has worked out a lot of the kinks with this software since it has been out for so long.

Mike
Mike
Accounting Specialist in Kenya
Food & Beverages, 51–200 Employees

Microsoft Excel is the most Dynamic tool for undertaking financial tasks like data entry.

Comments: We have been able to solve a lot of business problems with Microsoft Excel. Below are some of the obstacles that we are able to overcome at workstation.
1. Financial reporting
2. Creating appealing spreadsheets
3. Carrying out data entry projects
4. Realization of arithmetic operations- Formulas on this software help us in such areas.
5. Statistical sampling
Finally, I would highly recommend Microsoft Excel to all those individuals that are looking to save time and energy while carrying out some vital business operations like financial reporting.

Pros:

To begin with, I must disclose that I have been using Microsoft Excel for more than six years +. In the midst of Microsoft Office suite, Excel is my favorite solution which has helped me to excel and is yet to do a lot. What I like about Microsoft Excel is that it is easy to install, setup, and reset up even with a little knowledge. Due to that, it is not necessarily to get comprehensive training in order to be a pro- since there is tons of tutorials in the entire internet. Personally, I used Excel in campus to solve some calculations, mainly repetitive calculations since it has all the tools for such capabilities. Nowadays, Microsoft Excel is one of the systems that help me to save time and energy since I am able to create, format, and edit spreadsheets. In addition, I like this software since it is available as both on-premise and cloud-based solution. With cloud-based solution or what we call Office 365, it is easy to work from anywhere provided there is stable internet connection.

Cons:

Although Microsoft Excel is the most advanced platform for carrying out data entry projects, it gets offered at a higher license cost per user. To make it competitive on the market, Microsoft should ensure that it increase the number of individuals that can use one account. Alternatively, Microsoft can reduce the total cost of getting a genuine Microsoft Excel. By doing that, they will be in a better situation to entice a lot of prospective customers, especially small businesspersons. Finally, the fact that Microsoft Excel is not available on its own is among the issues that I like least about it.

Caleb
Junior Developer in US
Information Technology & Services, 501–1,000 Employees

Microsoft Excel - Most complete and advance spreadsheet application

Comments: My over all experience with the software has been nothing but awesome and wouldn't not trade it for any other spreadsheet application on the market. My main love of the software is the ability to record and or write macros using the VBA editor, on a basic, intermediate and advance level which really streamline my day to day workflow which saves me hundreds of hours on and average.

Pros:

Microsoft Excel - is one of the most complete and advance spreadsheet application currently on the market. The better question would be, what can't it accomplish as this is an application that is used across the board in many companies and careers. It has an awesome ribbon feature which houses many groups of frequently used tools and is super customizable. I doubt that there is any one person that can house all knowledge about this one application. Just to list a few of what can be done: * Write basic, intermediate and advance formulas and functions to carry out your day to day work. * Create basic, intermediate and advance conditional formatting to style your sheet and or highlight specific areas and or thing on the spreadsheet to draw focus. * You can create your own custom group to house your own list of preferred tools to be available at your finger tips. * It comes equipped with a quick access toolbar to hold frequently used tools right at the top of the sheet which is super easy to access and is something I use at all times while carrying out my day to day routines. * I love the clean and improved UI [User Interface] version over version. * It has collapsible tabs and commands to give you more screen real estate when working on small screen devices and or monitors. * The Developer option is the go to tab when working with VBA and Marcos. * It comes equipped with the option to record and or write macros using the VBA editor, allowing you to automate your work flow.

Cons:

I am not able to think about a con at the moment with so many pros available.

Chaya
Chaya
Trainee Software Engineer in Sri Lanka
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Excel - formatting and analyzing data more effectively and efficiently

Comments: Excel has emerged as one of the main data analyzing tools used in day to day life . With its facilities to store large amount of data, format data according to the users preferences, depicting patterns and analyzed information thorough graphs and charts it has become more and more popular among the users.

Pros:

Excel is an application which can be used to store large amount of data and organize them. Data entered to a excel sheet can be organized according to the user preferences easily with all the facilities supplied by the product itself. Users can organize the data in ascending or descending order very easily and filter the data and group them under particular name .Excel provide wide variety of data representation techniques . different types of graphs , scatter plots helps to analyze the data more effectively and efficiently .Also the product provides function which helps to deo automatic calculations easily. Users don’t need to make the calculations from one point to another . Al they have to do is apply the formula for all the relevant places.

Cons:

When there is a large set of data to be applied it is bit difficult to enter all the data using Excel. As there is no any error checking mechanism to detect human errors in the process of data entering .Also entering large amount of data manually consumes a big amount of time which results in loss of productivity. The product is not for free. Whatever may be the advantages or disadvantages of the product in order to use Excel users have to make a payment and acquire a licensed copy of the product .For a beginner to Excel may need some time to be compatible with the product as the product is not very much user friendly . It is little bit difficult to operate with out proper guidance or practice

Automotive, 10,000+ Employees

Excel Review Details

Comments: Obviously, my overall experience is great with Excel. It will be even better when I get better on "macros". I do not think people normally need to download another program since it is already available as a part of Microsoft office. I believe the cons I explained above will be improved in new updates. For example, previous it was not easy to open 2 excel files separately but it is lately resolved. It was a great step.

Pros:

I do not think none of us has enough time to write the pros of excel down but it is worth to mention about some critical points. Firstly, it is a part of Microsoft Office and it is free. You can easily get the data from excel and use in word, powerpoint etc. It is also possible to view data from tablet or smart phones. You can reach the data whenever you want. I like most "Pilot Table". It enables me to assess unlimited data and create some good summary table or graphs from there. No one would agree that it makes business life easier for us. Apart from these features, I also like "macros" but I am still not expert on it. It is like what you can do is limitless if you are using "macros" in a good level.

Cons:

There are limited cons of excel for me. Firstly, I do not know why but it rarely does not show up. I am trying to open a file I previously shared. When I double clicked, a square pops up to show it is opening but it doesnot. I had to restart my computers but it happens very rarely. Another is with "macros". I wish it was more user friendly and it was easier to find out what is the driver of the error. Sometimes I am having big problems to resolve the issue. And "macros" makes the size of the file so much bigger. I am having issues to send it over by mails.

GERALD
Owner in US
Music, 2–10 Employees

Organize Your Life

Comments: In the last 12 months I've had nearly 90 doctor visits and medical tests scheduled. I don't like to use a calendar so I created a scrolling spreadsheet that tracks date, time, doctor’s name, purpose, etc. when I book a new appointment I just put it at the bottom of the list, highlight all future appointments and sort. It automatically inserts my appointment in the proper place. After I've gone to an appointment I simply change the background color. This makes appointments so much easier and I can also go back and refer to appointments I've had in the past. I also like to collect silver coins. Every month I buy a few coins and on my page I have a button that connects me to a website that gives me the current silver spot price. I have projections on what my investment would be at different prices and every time I change the spot price or add more coins it changes everything on the spreadsheet. These are just a few of the things I do to stay organized. In the old days I had things written down on sheets of paper thrown in a box, it would take me forever to find what I was looking for. Those days are long gone. And none of this has even touched on how I use Excel for my business.

Pros:

Of course I use Microsoft Excel for my business but now I also use it to organize my personal life with great success. I created a book with 16 pages that keep track of different aspects of my life. I'm a cancer patient so needless to say I have many medical issues to oversee. I have a page that tracks my appointments, one that tracks all my doctors’ phone numbers. I have a page for all my medications and even a page that records my monthly walking mileage. With Excel it's easy to create spreadsheets that can manage just about anything you want. I've been using Excel for more than a decade and I use it every day. The formulas are very easy to use; they ask you intuitive questions and then insert the answer properly in the formula. I also enjoy colorizing the pages I create, and adding my own personal touch. I highly recommend Microsoft Excel not just as a business application that is a way to manage your entire life.

Cons:

Microsoft Excel does so much it can seem overwhelming and intimidating. The key is to just use it for what you need, but if you do need a complex formula, Excel can do it. The program itself has a good help menu and there is plenty of online help. There are amply online forums and you can also contact Microsoft itself for answers. Excel Can also be a little pricey but if you get it as part of Office 2019 or Office 365 it has much more value. In the Office bundle, besides Excel you get Word, Publisher, Outlook and with 365 you get cloud storage.

Lee
Program Coordinator in US
E-Learning, 501–1,000 Employees

MS Excel

Comments: I love Excel. I’m not as good at using the complex mathematical functions as some users who are in the accounting profession, but I do alright. I showed a co-worker the other day how to use the Goal Seek function and she loves it and it saved her a tom of time trying to figure out their enrollment target. I recently taught myself how to create Macros to help me save time and I did it by watching an online video, and it was fairly easy. My boss was so impressed she wants me to teach others in our office how to create their own Marcos too.

Pros:

I use Excel almost every day, even when I am not at work. I find it easy to use and allows me to sort, filter, and color code anything I am working on. I do not just use Excel for accounting or data manipulation – I use Excel probably more than I use Word, if you can believe that. I love using it for lists and organizing information I want to keep track of. I even will email myself Excel files so I can access them on my smart phone when I am out shopping or whatever. I just finished making my Christmas card list and of course I used Excel. Now I can turn that sheet into my check off list so I can keep track of who I have or haven’t mailed a card to yet, and even add a column for the dates mailed and if I use more than one card I can keep track of which card I send to who. My kids recently got part time jobs, and trying to keep track of who is working when and who does or doesn’t need a ride is certainly more manageable with their work calendars that I created in Excel. I love it.

Cons:

I’ve been using Excel for so many years and they have made some good changes over the years, and being able to add the Spelling checker icon to my Quick Access Toolbar is super helpful, but I do wish it would underline or highlight a misspelled word (like MS Word does) while I’m typing information into Excel before I click on the Spelling checker so I can see if I even need to use it or not. If I have a lot of data sometimes I’ll just copy it all and paste it into Word just so I can quickly see my spelling and/or grammar errors, then I’ll go back to Excel and make the corrects as needed.

Alain Jove
Alain Jove
Freelnacer in Philippines
Telecommunications, 501–1,000 Employees

The Spreadsheet that excelled the competition

Comments: Overall, the app is very intuitive and has its arsenal of functionalities that can be used by any user. It keeps on adding great features over the years which makes it very interesting as you are always looking forward to take advantage of the new ones its developers will add.

Pros:

I've used this product in the beginning just for simple tabulation as opposed to inserting tables on a Microsoft Word document, because it is more convenient with its drag and resize function and other customizations. I used it for organizing my expenses into assets and liabilities and anything related to finances, kinda like my own crude Point of Sale tracker. It turns out it has a lot more to offer than my naïve ability to use it. I used to work in the logistics department for 6 years and it gave me the push to learn more about it, not for curiosity's sake but for convenience. And so I discovered how easily you can create formula for common mathematical functions like addition and subtraction, average, percentage, and summation. If you want to delve into more complex ones, you can also customize formula just by a click of the cells in Not only does this save time - for me, at least 65% less work on manual calculation, but it also saves you the trouble of committing errors. Especially in a job like logistics and accounting, you don't want to commit any of those errors. As my book keeper friend would say, an erroneous entry like a cent is considered a mortal sin in this line of work. In addition, I also like the sorting capability, not only with alphabetizing cell entries but the intuitive algorithm to detect same valued cells and simultaneously editing/ replacing it with the desired entry. In my case, it was replacing those cells with a different color for at a glance view

Cons:

Although this is a good thing for some users, I find it a bit annoying to have my work saved every 10 minutes, which is Excel's default time for auto recovery. But this can be easily remedied by going to preferences (for older version) and options for versions 2016 and up. It would also be nice to not close the message box if you've mistakenly entered the wrong document password to avoid starting over by clicking on the document again.

Newspapers, 11–50 Employees

Analyze This!

Comments: Excel is probably the most useful of all the Office products Microsoft offers. I literally use it more than once each and every day and find it useful for almost everything. Even for people that don't have a wealth of data to look at or keep track of, the ability to create anything and sort it to your liking is limitless. I love the product

Pros:

besides the obvious ability to build a spreadsheet to analyze data, I use Excel for many other things. They just release a personal finance product "Money" that gives you the ability to analyze your spending habits, see where you spend and how much, that integrates with your bank accounts and allows you build budgets. You can dial down expense categories as much as you like by adding subcategories...great product for anyone who wants to get a better handle on where and how they spend their money. I am forever building prospect and client lists through Excel and love how I can sort the data any way I wish; who spends the most overall with me, on certain products, etc. It really is limitless.

Cons:

Support could certainly be better. And I understand they need to go through an excess of red tape before implementing anyone's suggestions - regardless of how useful and easy it to implement - but come on! Fortunately, the program gives you the ability to customize things to your needs

Raymond
Support Specialist in Saudi Arabia
Mining & Metals, 1,001–5,000 Employees

MS Excel Review

Comments: I've been using Microsoft Excel for fifteen consecutive years and still use it on a daily basis to complete my job. Excel is a useful and powerful program that can help you generate interesting and profitable results once you learn how to use its features and functions. My advice to beginners is that if you really want to learn Excel, you should use it regularly and do your own study to better understand its features. Excel isn't a database application, and it can't store vast amounts of data; that's what Microsoft Access and other database programs are for. Excel has played a major role in helping me reach my goals in my career. Excel is a fantastic tool for completing work in a shorter period of time and is very user friendly, so I highly recommend it to any Windows or Linux user. Excel's graphical features can be helpful in the creation of reports, but it is not a reporting tool. Excel, on the other hand, is excellent for calculations, querying data from external sources, preparing, and presenting data in a way that audiences can relate to and understand.

Pros:

It's easy to use. You don't have to be a tech whiz to find it out, from simple to advanced functions. If you ever have a question, use the support feature to find an answer. Simply google it if you want to do something complicated and don't want to read help article after help article. Everyone uses Excel, or at least does, and someone has already completed the mission you are attempting. The design is easy. When I'm trying to complete a mission, I don't need fancy graphics or displays... I just want to finish my work. Excel is one of my favorite programs. The message is direct and to the point. You are capable of much more than you can imagine.

Cons:

Excel's biggest drawback is that it takes more time and energy for preparation in order for the analyst to completely benefit from it. Human error such as omitted negative signs and incorrect row structure may not be detrimental in and of themselves, but when they erode investor confidence or result in a loss of investment opportunity, they are. The other disadvantage of Excel is that it has a lot of functions that an analyst would have to master.

Ajay
Salesforce Developer in India
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 10,000+ Employees

A Flexible and Effective Tool for Pushing the Limits of Information Administration With Ease

Comments: We as often as possible ought to compare information, and Excel's table work exceeds expectations at showing information sets side by side. Its information sorting and other apparatuses too offer assistance me get a handle on huge sums of information rapidly and precisely. It makes a difference us to keep adjust information and communicate with shoppers more productively. Its ready-made equations are valuable for appearing future measurements from show information, and it is valuable for week by week work status. The spreadsheet file may moreover be shared with associates for participation. The leading include for me is the capacity to include formulae so that information may be composed naturally.

Pros:

Microsoft Exceed Expectations may be a phenomenal device for making a difference in clients procure, record, process, display, and trade information. On the off chance that you have got any inconveniences with this program, basically check it up online; the support user bunches for this program are essentially superb. Ready to indeed spare the complete handle as onlarge scale and have it rehash itself. It spares a critical sum of time. The tables and formulae are straightforward to utilize, and it has the potential to perform a parcel of robotized work in the event that you know how to use the instrument appropriately. Information is ceaselessly put away in Microsoft Exceed expectations with each unused word entered, giving ceaseless information-sparingabilities. I moreover appreciate how information can be connected from one spreadsheet to another.

Cons:

The as it were impediment I can think of is that Exceed expectations employment circular references. The turn usefulness in Exceed expectations isn't energetic and must be revived each time data is updated.It can be troublesome to distinguish which formulae are the leading. On the off chance that the client is utilizing Microsoft Exceed expectations, he must keep up himself up to date.

Reyes
Reyes
Ejecutivo de ventas in Venezuela

My experience with excel has been quite good and has been improving over the years.

Comments: I have benefited a lot from the use of excel from the university as well as the work environment. In the university on repeated occasions I have had to resort to the use of excel to quantify data obtained in the field for certain jobs among other things and in the field of work has certainly been very useful for the counting of sales, prices, costs, losses among other data that must be constantly updated by the company for which I work. Without a doubt, it is a software of excellence that with each passing year becomes more useful and easier to use, more user friendly. If it would be convenient that the support and the documentation of the same one was a little more simple to understand for those people who just begin to use it.

Pros:

What I like most about Excel is the ability to organize large amounts of data in spreadsheets and charts. With organized data, it is much easier to analyze, especially when it is used to create graphs and other visual data representations. In second place, the thing that I like most is that Excel processes data quickly, making mass calculations much easier than solving them on your own with a calculator. Excel also has formulas and equations that are used to quickly calculate simple and complex equations using large amounts of data. and finally, Excel is considered the standard for spreadsheet software and, for that reason, it enjoys support on almost all platforms, including smartphones and tablets. Most other spreadsheet programs also support importing Excel sheets into their original formats and exporting their own spreadsheets as Excel files.

Cons:

One of the disadvantages according to my opinion is that if it is true that almost anyone can choose Excel and start using it, getting the maximum benefit from its features requires a lot of practice. People who ignore the Excel syntax can also find errors in calculations and call other functions that have nothing to do with what you want. Second of the disadvantages I think that although Excel's automatic calculation functions simplify most of the calculations on a larger scale it is also true that Excel has no means to verify human errors during data entry, which means that Incorrect information can damage all results and finally entering data manually in Excel can take a long time, mainly if you have a lot of data to enter. The amount of time it takes to enter data manually can be quite long.