15 years helping Irish businesses

About TUIO

#1 FREE School Management System. Optimize your tuition, enrollment, waitlisting, reporting, and get same day payouts- only with TUIO!

Learn more about TUIO

Pros:

First, there's no monthly fee. This is a major bonus for schools with a conservative budget.

Cons:

The setting up of my account was a bit confusing at first. Was shown an invoice date that I though was the day the payment will come out and that confused me.

TUIO ratings

4.4
4.8
4.3
4.6

8.6/10

TUIO has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 191 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used TUIO before?

Dori
Dori
Copyeditor and Proofreader in US
Media Production, Self Employed

Easy to use!

Pros:

The TUIO interface is really clean and simple, which makes it really easy to navigate (a welcome change from the last payment system which, as I said previously, looked like it was built in 1998 and left that way). When I did run into questions, TUIO got back to me right away and took care of the concern for me immediately, and they were very personable and professional about it.

Cons:

The time I spent looking around and then calling customer service could have been avoided with some simple explanatory text and (potentially) making some options available to users. I would have liked to have the option to choose either the payment plan that was set up for me, OR to pay the fee in one lump sum (note: when I spoke to TUIO about this, they processed the lump sum for me, but being able to do this without a call to customer service would have been nice). Additionally, both my credit card and my bank account are in the TUIO system, yet for this particular payment I was only offered the option of using my bank account. I normally use my credit card for everything in order to take advantage of its perks, so again, just a little explanatory text as to why I didn't have the choice would have been nice. No one likes being left with questions, especially when it comes to our money!

2 years ago

Thank you for the review Dori, great to hear how you enjoy using the system as a parent! You could contact us directly through the help beacon in your TUIO account anytime you need. The school may only be giving the option for bank account payment on the Tuition only, but if you ask them they may have accommodated you to use credit card (and of course we could have assisted from support). For other payments you should be able to use the credit card and take advantage of those convenience points. You should be able to change payment plan before confirming payment, next year I am sure the school will give that option to select it as parent.

Josh
Business Manager in US
Primary/Secondary Education, 51–200 Employees

Great automatic payment processing

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Our organization has been using Tuio for several years now, and everything has been great. No problems. Excellent customer service. Straightforward product. Everything works as it should.

Pros:

Great for processing automatic monthly tuition payments. Simple setup. Affordable fee structure

Cons:

No option for on demand pay option, no partial payment option.

7 days ago

Thank you for your review, Josh! As an admin you can process payment on demand for any invoice(s). Partial payments automation is in our development roadmap, slated for a future release.

Jake
Co-Teacher Leader in US

Promising but Not There Yet

3.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: There are some aspects that are not as intuitive as they should be (such as resending an activation email or the fact that an "active" parent does not mean that they are fully onboarded), but setting up payment plans and enrolling students was fairly easy.

Pros:

The onboarding was quite easy and the platform is pretty easy to use.

Cons:

We were devastated to learn that TUIO doesn't allow families to set up multiple payers for an enrollment. For families who have split households or get help from relatives or subsidy programs, etc., this adds an undue burden which feels discriminatory. It might seem like a big deal to the folks at TUIO who have made a promising platform, but the implications for our school culture and relationship with our families are significant.

7 days ago

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback Jake. We have always provided support for split households and family members getting help from another payor. TUIO was made to be as inclusive and robust as possible for any school/daycare organization's Tuition Management needs. TUIO provides the flexibility to enroll students under multiple payors who each receive a portal to manage their payments. Parents can change their payment method at any time within a single enrollment, so different family members can set up payment for a given invoice. Regarding the parent onboarding and activation, we just added a new filter option for Parent Account Status so you can filter out active vs inactive parents, and send the appropriate automated notifications.

Robin
Assistant Head of School for Finance and Operations in US

Great Customer Service

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: We are pleased with our partnership with TUIO - from the integration to the day to day operations - they have been with us every step of the way.

Pros:

The TUIO team is very responsive and able to answer or resolve questions within 24 hours if not sooner. They always provide resources to help guide us in the right direction.

Cons:

Some of the reports in TIOU are quite lengthy with lots of fields. It would be nice to be able to streamline the reports option so you can select the fields you need to see.

7 days ago

Thank you for the detailed review Robin. A custom reports feature is coming with our attendance update that is coming this year.

Billie Jo
Director of Elementary in US
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

GREAT COMPANY

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall, we love it and for our needs it works perfectly.

Pros:

The ease of use for both parents and school. It's cost effective. TUIO is very helpful and gets back to me with in the hour during business hours and with in 24 hours after hours.

Cons:

The only things our staff notice, is when we print the application, the subheadings are very light in color. Thats it!

7 days ago

Thanks for the review Billie Jo! I'm glad you appreciate our service level agreements we have in place for support. I'll take your feedback back to our engineers and I'm sure we can adjust the font to make printing the documents that much better.

Endrit
Business Manager in US

Survey Feedback

Comments: Nice!

Pros:

Its UI/UX and ease of use in general, and the filtering options

Cons:

the fact that i cannot tell how much money we received in our bank deposited per month, unless i download the forms and calculate it somehow myself (it also gives me the perception that tuio wants to hide the fees that it charges parents or us for us not to see)

7 months ago

Thanks for the review Endrit! You can absolutely easily see how much you've received, as the deposit payout amounts are shown on the invoice export (with the corresponding invoices for reconciliation purposes), as well as the applicable fees. We are transparent about the processing fees involved with online payments and we have columns for them on the export for calculating your expenses. I'll have support reach out to you to spotlight how easy it is to reconcile your payments. Even big 3rd party auditors have given us unsolicited feedback of how easy the TUIO export made their life during a school audit compared to previous systems the school used.

Sheryl
Finance Manager in Canada

Could be better

Comments: Great, friendly customer service, great product knowledge.

Pros:

Fast payments received from customers, who can see their payments and state of account.

Cons:

Bank reconciliation is cumbersome. Partial payments of invoices would be very helpful. More visual aid (Flow charts) to help with problem solving make be of more use.

7 months ago

Thanks for the review Sheryl! I'll have support reach out to you as the bank reconciliation should be very easy to do using our TUIO export. Usually we are hearing about that as a great pro. Flow charts is a great idea, I would like to hear more about your thoughts on those.

Kirsten
Administrative Lead in US

Tuio Review

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

I like that Tuio is easy to use and I am able to see who has made payments quickly.

Cons:

I did know about the fee of of someone paying outside of Tuio and that if it were marked they paid outside there would be a charge.

7 days ago

Thank you for your review, Kirsten!

MARISELA
ADMIN. DIRECTOR in Canada
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

CUSTOMER SERVICE, OPEN TO RECOMMENDATIONS AND IMPROVEMENT IN THE SYSTEM.

Cons:

RESTRICTIONS IN SETTING UP DIFFERENT PROGRAMS AND OPTIONS

7 days ago

Thank you for your review, Marisela! Programs and payment plan options are customizable, and you can create those one by one or by duplicating an existing set up. If you have any questions about the set up please reach out to [email protected] for assistance.

Terence
Academy Director in Canada
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

TUIO makes admissions management and payment collections a breeze

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall great experience with TUIO. Lowest processing fees for any payment processing service for automatic payments that we've found. Love the support and simple UI.

Pros:

Easy to use, lots of functionality, low fees, great support.

Cons:

Some things need approval, which I get. Sometimes things are hard to find, but they are quick to teach you where it is.

7 days ago

Thanks for your continued support Terence! Reach out whenever you need.

Gina
Owner/Operator in US

TUIO Changed My Life

Comments: TUIO has saved me countless hours on accounting and now I have more free time to hang out with the kiddos - which is what I love to do! I also love that TUIO doesn't cost me an arm and a leg - I am a small business and the cost of the software was a big factor for me. TUIO charges me $1.50 per invoice processed (this can be passed on to the person paying the invoice if you choose). TUIO charges my families $0 if they pay via checking account and standard credit card fees if they pay via credit card. After using TUIO for nearly a year, I feel this is an exceptional value. I highly recommend!!

Pros:

TUIO has changed my life! I have a small after school child care business and I also offer summer camps. Previous to TUIO, I was emailing an invoice every month and families were submitting payment via Venmo. I was spending many hours a month on invoicing and was tracking everything manually for end of year reporting. I recently expanded my child care business and I needed a simple way to set up monthly invoicing with an auto pay option for my enrolled families. TUIO has been the perfect solution. The software is easy to use, offers intuitive enrollment set up and there are many reports that you can pull for more detailed data analysis. With TUIO, I enroll a family one time in my program and set up their payment plan for the year. The system sends an email to the parent to set up their payment information that authorizes all invoices for the year. Every month when the payment is processed, it is automatically deposited into my business account and the parents receive an email receipt. TUIO is so easy to use for this purpose. I can't say enough good things about it!

Cons:

TUIO is an accounting system for childcare services. It doesn't have all the extra bells and whistles of check in/out, messaging services and in depth student profiles that some software has. I didn't want or need those extra features for an after school program -- TUIO does exactly what I was looking for. Setting up new "Program" can be tricky. I have only done it twice - once for the school year enrollment and once for summer camp enrollment. Since I don't do it often, I set up a video chat with TUIO customer service and they have helped me both times. TUIO customer service is AMAZING by the way. They are responsive and available.

12 months ago

We truly appreciate the thoughtful, in-depth review Gina.

Melanie
Owner/Director in Canada

Makes Our Jobs Easier

Comments: We love it! I recommend it to all my fellow childcare owners/operators.

Pros:

As a childcare owner, I am no expert in accounting and always struggled with record keeping and yearly tax receipts were a nightmare and so time consuming. This year, with Tuio, I issued all my tax receipts in under 15 minutes. They looked professional and were accurate and there was no corrections needed. What a time saver and a professional-looking service to offer our clients.

Cons:

A lot of parents comment or panic when they set up their account and see the “total amount of all the invoices” on the first page. They don’t even bother to open the invoices, they immediately contact us wanting to know why their invoice is so high. We spend a lot of time explain it to parents. Also, there should be a mention in the sign up email(or in a more prominent spot) that is sent to new clients to alert them that the link expires in a set time. So many have needed to be resent, because they expired.

3 years ago

Thank you very much for the review Melanie. Happy to hear about the time savings you are taking advantage of. When the parent clicks a link that has expired, there is a self-serve option to resend a new link. I will add that language to the new parent letter from now on to make it more clear. Yes there is a clear distinction in the payment set up between any amount "due now" and any due in the future. I can understand if it's often overlooked (if they don't click to expand view of all the invoices) and can look to add ways to make it more clear what is due now versus what is scheduled to come due in the future.

Mai
Executive Director in US

Excellent Customer Service and Ease of Use

Comments: We have had a great experience with Tuio. The support that Tuio provides is exceptional. We can rely on [sensitive content hidden]
to answer our questions quickly, and also to provide suggestions to help us get more out of Tuio.

Pros:

Tuio allows us to bill families easily and to keep track of transactions. We have also been able to design our own registration process which meets the needs of our school.

Cons:

A feature that can be improved, is to allow parents to make payments before the due date. Also the ability to download and print forms from Tuio would be helpful.

7 months ago

Thanks for the helpful review Mai! Great suggestion for allowing advanced payments, I will take that feedback back to my team. You can download and print forms on TUIO already, anytime you need!

Virginie
Owner in US
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

Super satisfied with my TUIO's experience!

Comments: I am super happy with TUIO since my schools started working them in 2019. The support team is really reactive and very flexible with my multiple requests, I wouldn't want to change to another program.

Pros:

ease of use and does everything I need, the support team is amazing

Cons:

to have to create the programs every year

7 months ago

Thanks for the amazing review Virginie! We have a relatively new duplicate programs feature that will make life easier when creating the reenrollment programs on TUIO. We will be sending a TUIO insider email soon that details the feature again if you haven't tried it. I'll let support know to reach out as well about it :).

Kevin
Volunteer in Canada
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

Fantastic app for managing our multi location schools

Comments: Our schools (Saturday mornings only, aligns with the K-12 school year) are mainly run by volunteers (myself included) so we do not have much time or resource to spend on school software. During the recent pandemic, our 5 schools (15+ years each) suddenly could not run classes out of the local secondary schools and we needed a solution for online registration and payments to accommodate the new Zoom classes we started offering. TUIO's entire package of Enrollment Management, Student Information System, and Payments was especially appealing because we never had to accept credit or debit cards. TUIO Support is friendly and responsive, and we have seen several of our own feedback be added as enhancements to the product.

Pros:

The intuitive design and overall flexibility to configure TUIO to meet our needs.

Cons:

The accounting export requires more massaging of spreadsheet output, and the difference in time zones also made it more confusing for some of our less tech savvy users.

12 months ago

Thanks for the thorough review Kevin! Glad to hear about the specific reasons you went with us, and always happy to support your account. The accounting export is currently undergoing a redesign and we hope to have that live soon to make the inputs into accounting software easier.

Christine
Office Manager in US
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

If you're looking to switch, make the switch to TUIO.

Comments: TUIO is just amazing to us and our families. My experience has been nothing short of great! They are constantly making TUIO better and better each year, always adding more helpful tools.

Pros:

I have nothing but good things to say about TUIO. We went from using another company and being on paper, to switching to TUIO, and all online platform that has helped up with enrollments, tuition, and forms. This program is also super easy for our parents as well. Since having TUIO we have happier families and happier staff because of the ease of TUIO.

Cons:

The ONLY thing i can think of would be not having more options to make a more customizable form for parents.

last year

Thanks for the review Christine, TUIO has unlimited custom fields to make the form as customized as you would like. In case I'm missing something, please email [email protected] to help.

Helen
Financial Administrator in Canada

Usage of Tuio payment portal

Comments: Overall with have had a good relationship with TUIO. Both [SENSITIVE CONTENT] are very quick to respond to our questions with helpful answers.

Pros:

This payment portal allows our parents to securely pay the tuition in a timely manner. They receive the invoices directly from the TUIO portal.

Cons:

I wish our International parents were able to access the payment portal.

3 years ago

Thank you for the great review Helen! Your international parents can by all means access their TUIO account and they can also make a payment in the portal with their credit card. Only bank account payment is unavailable to them but if they wire funds from an international bank to you, you can mark their invoices as paid on TUIO so they can keep track otherwise.

Mary
Business Operations Manager in US
Higher Education, 11–50 Employees

Highly Recommend

Comments: The experience has been excellent and exceeded my expectations.

Pros:

The customer service is outstanding. My bookkeeper and I are extremely helped by the ability to run any report that we would like to. For the most part, it is a very intuitive system to use. The transaction fees are reasonable. The ability to use both a registration and an enrollment is helpful to our audience.

Cons:

The only thing I would change is adding the ability to create a group, say the "1st grade" group of 14 students, so I can select that group and send an invoice to all 14 at the same time, instead of having to enter their names individually.

11 months ago

Hi Mary, you can use programs and filter enrollments to accomplish what you are looking to do. Please reach out to [email protected] if you would like us to walk you through it. I will add your feedback to our development plan document. Thanks for the review!

Lesli
Owner in Canada

Disappointed and frustrated

Comments: Awful

Pros:

Nothing. This product was useless for my child care facility and day home agency.

Cons:

This program is useless for my business and the features they promised (that could actually help with my admin tasks) were actually not available. I can't use it and I tried to cancel before I even rolled it out to my parents; I still have to pay for the full 3 years. They did nothing except a one hour session to tell me how to do the things I was told they would do.

6 months ago

Hi Leslie Erin, we don't offer a free trial. After your onboarding session there was no indication that you were having struggles. We are available anytime to help you post-onboarding, including unlimited training and support when needed. We have several daycares in Alberta using TUIO to great success so I'm not sure where the notion you can't use us for billing is coming from. You had been contacted by the billing department to explain the ramifications of cancelling the contract early. I've contacted you personally to discuss things and hope we can resolve this to where you are a long term client enjoying TUIO.

Samanta
Co-Founder in US
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

TUIO gave us more time for other things!

Comments: We are overall very pleased with TUIO and all it has to offer.

Pros:

We like that TUIP allows us to put our focus towards other school things and not so much on tuition and enrollment.

Cons:

When there are returned fees we have to pay the $1.50 processing fee.

7 months ago

Thanks for the review Samantha. One thing you could do is to edit an invoice to tack on the fee again to avoid being out of pocket the fees if a payment is returned. Once the payment has processed online, the processing fees are taken out by the payment processor.

Christine
Office Manager in US
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

Would never go back or choose another company after using TUIO

Comments: Amazing. From the software to the employees to the designers, they are just amazing. If i have a problem or even a parent thats had a problem they email in minutes or jump on the chat if you need them. They are always available. That is not something you find often. Other companies, you wait days to get an answerr or even wait on hold for hours. Not this company.

Pros:

It is easy to use. Easy to navigate. There are always positive changes to this software and always making it better for our business and easier for our parents.

Cons:

I can not find anything i DON'T like. Im not sure anyone would find anything they didn't like.

3 years ago

Thank you for the thorough review Christine!

Vanessa
Operations Manager in Canada

Highly recommend

Pros:

The customer service is by far the best thing about TUIO. They are so kind, helpful and responsive. Our parents love TUIO and so do we!

Cons:

Nothing. We're very happy with TUIO. I'm excited for future updates like attendance software.

7 months ago

Thank you for the awesome review Vanessa!

Laurie
principal in Canada
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

TUIO makes tuition payments so much simpler

Pros:

Ease of set up for the programs and makes our audits easier to prepare for

Cons:

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] could be simpler to read

3 years ago

Thank you very much for the review Laurie, glad to hear TUIO helped make things easier. Those reports are now obsolete with the improved invoice export/report feature available in TUIO.

Louisa
Principal in Canada
Primary/Secondary Education, 2–10 Employees

Best Solution!

Comments: Truly a great experience. Getting set up and understanding the platform was a bit tricky for some who are not very technical. However, tech support was willing to walk us through the site and its functions on more than one occasion.

Pros:

The customer service we receive from TUIO is exceptional. They are quick to respond and they help solve any issues we may be having. They also listen to us as a customer and take feedback on what we would like to see implemented. Completely satisfied with customer service.

Cons:

Nothing to complain about at his point.

6 months ago

Thank you for the stellar review Louisa!

Sheri
Operations Manager in US

Easy Collection of Tuition

Comments: Customer Service is great! Very responsive.

Pros:

Our parents like how easy it is to pay tuition using TUIO.

Cons:

Although I understand that monthly invoices can't have two payment methods applied to them, it gets a little challenging. However, customer service is always willing to help.

3 years ago

Thanks for the review Sheri! Yes we are always willing and able to help you split invoice amounts so that multiple payment methods can be used.