15 years helping Irish businesses

About RelayThat

RelayThat is an automated design software that creates on-brand digital marketing assets such as display ads and social media images.

Learn more about RelayThat

Pros:

Lately, I've been trying to focus on working smarter, and RelayThat allows me to create branded images rapidly.

Cons:

I found the workspace a bit confusing, but not a huge issue.

RelayThat ratings

4.6
4.6
4.2
4.7

8.7/10

RelayThat has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 109 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used RelayThat before?

Rafal
Rafal
Owner in Poland
Management Consulting, Self Employed

want to save a lot of time with banner production?

Comments: Great tool, saved me a lot of time!

Pros:

+ pre built templates for each ad format (Google Ads/IG/FB/YT and other) + easy work with workplaces (you can put here all your assets, logos, graphics) + variety of ideas (font sets, colors schemes etc) + before RelayThat spent ca 3-4 hours to create 50 graphics for Google and Facebook Ads, now it takes ca 30 min.

Cons:

- sometimes highlighted part of text is connected without space with rest of the text - some ad templates uses photo 1 and photo 2, some all, some photo 1 and photo 3. It requires to upload photos everytime if you want to change it, but you previously done that in assets. It should work in different way because now takes more time

Eugene
Social Media Account Manager in Kenya
Graphic Design, 2–10 Employees

RelayThat is the solitary plan computerization stage for on-brand advanced showcasing, PPC, promotin

Comments: Smooth experience overall. RelayThat is created uniquely for advertisements, that's it. No PDF send out, just improved JPG/PNG that fits advertisement served necessities.

Pros:

"Love their image resources chief and how it maneuvers the information into the plan layouts. This makes making brand resources so natural and expert looking." "I'm not a characteristic fashioner but rather with RelayThat I don't should be. I love the way I can just place in my resources (pictures, text, shadings) and I get boundless plans to look through and pick from." "For individuals like me that are not Photoshop aces, this an extraordinary substitution. It assists me with making excellent plans that are resized in one clic for any gadget/informal organization." "Hand-off that represents enlightening your companions regarding this astounding item."

Cons:

"This might baffle visual originators to some degree, yet it delights me. As somebody who has barely sufficient plan information to be hazardous and ruin things." "I discovered the work area a bit befuddling, however not an enormous issue." "We are confined by the quantity of placeholders gives by the format and there is no alternative to begin a visual communication without any preparation in plain material." "I've gone to making an ever increasing number of things on Canva to try not to look excessively unsurprising."

Eduardo
Eduardo
VP of Sales in Brazil
Marketing & Advertising, 51–200 Employees

Easy to use but stopped evolving

Comments: When you need a quick post, ad for any type of application then this is it. Don't expect great looking ads but they will be quick to do.

Pros:

I can easily create banners and resize for multiple purposes. Great asset library. Very simple to use and get quick results. I like that I can create workspaces and work with different brand colors

Cons:

It seems like they stopped developing the product. Has been a long time since no improvements were made. And the templates/layouts are becoming outdated.

Can't go wrong with RelayThat

Comments: I recommend RelayThat all the time to businesses who need advertising graphics, but don't have the budget to farm out to professional designers. There are lots of designs to choose from, and with Remix you get tons more layout options. I've been happy with all of RelayThat's output thus far, but sometimes require more granular control so still occasionally use Photoshop. One of the best 'sleeper' features is all the up-to-date layouts available for social media headers. You no longer have to keep up with the correct dimensions for Facebook, YouTube, etc. profile headers, as RelayThat updates the system whenever it changes on a social platform. Very handy!

Pros:

I love how many diverse templates RelayThat offers. Whether you need graphics for a social media post, website advertising banner, Facebook header image, e-book cover, business card design, etc. You'll find it available in RelayThat. I also love the Remix feature, where you can take the core elements of your design (logo, images, text) and automagically have the system devise some great looking alternatives!

Cons:

If you're a graphic designer or wish to get granular control over the designs, you won't be satisfied with this service. It very much stays in its lane, and sometimes that can be disappointing when you wish to enact subtle changes but the system won't let you. Because of this, you might need to keep something like Canva around. Your mileage may vary.

Catarina
Business Consultant in Portugal
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

make us feel like Cinderella

Comments: Loved it since the first moment. It's perfect for business owners like me: I can't plan enough to hire a designer so.. I need some autonomy with great results. And using relaythat, I can be spontaneous and have great results.

Pros:

it makes sure I can't mess up a design. Really, easy as that! I've bought canva templates and pow... started editing and a few clicks later... it was a mess. But with relaythat, I just set the copy, click one of the layouts and ta-da: a perfect design is ready for me... using my branding, light, clean and professional. I feel like Cinderella but instead of the dress, I'm receiving spectacular designs.

Cons:

nothing. sometimes, when I'm using it, I complain a little bit about not being able to move or add forms but then I immediately regret my thought because I remember all the messy designs I create when I have some "freedom".

Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Excellent tool for consistent brand management

Comments: I would often spend hours in an image editing program creating consistent graphics for all of the social media platforms I was managing. Now I have reduced that time and effort drastically.

Pros:

RelayThat is a great tool for creating a template that matches your brand in a way that can quickly and easily be applied to multiple digital realms (such as social media, E-newsletters and website graphics).

Cons:

Sometimes when you change a template from one layout to another, primary and secondary images switch (which is an easy fix and only an issue when switching from a template with multiple images to one with fewer).

Josh
Josh
Owner in US
Design, Self Employed

Awesome product to quickly make consistent blog and social media images

Comments: I use RelayThat for all my blog posting and social media images promoting blog posts. It is a fantastic option for social media graphics

Pros:

The best thing they have is that you can make very consistent graphics even at different common sizes super easily. There are tons of templates to get you going.

Cons:

Sometimes I would like more flexibility with my images and be able to add more stuff to them.

Dustin
Dustin
Director of UX development, social media and SEO/SEM in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Amazing content creation with branding in mind

Comments: The team has been responsive and friendly, the app has been a real asset for branding and social media channels.

Pros:

Love their brand assets manager and how it pulls the data into the design templates. This makes creating brand assets so easy and professional looking.

Cons:

Would like more customization, but they’ve are always working on tweaks to improve the system.

Marco
Marco
Teacher in South Africa
E-Learning, Self Employed

Instant, Professional Images for Posts

Comments: RelayThat is a must have for anyone who markets on social media or runs a website. This program will save you hours (I mean it) by preparing templates for your posts and ways of reusing these templates whenever you want to. Hands down, this product has already yielded a massive ROI for me...and I've been using it less than a year. Thank you, RelayThat!

Pros:

I love that I can instantly create images for posting to my social media accounts. This program takes away the hassle of having to learn how to create eye-catching designs, with hundreds of templates that I can choose to use. I can save these templates and reuse them whenever I want. The best part though, is that if I'm running a campaign, I have a level of consistency that my clients come to trust, because every post is consistent! I love that I can pick from a huge bank of images, fonts and styles.

Cons:

I can't give the images a name before saving them. This costs me about ten seconds of finding and renaming, per image. It would be great if RelayThat could correct this. Sometimes, I'd like a little more choice in where things go inside my posts.

Jenn
Jenn
Owner, Creative Business Strategist in US
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed

Makes graphics creation a breeze

Comments: I used to somtimes spend at least an hour making a set of graphics for social media promotion (I usually make five tall- and five wide-format graphics for each piece of content I promote). With RelayThat, that time is cut to less than half an hour. It's sped up my content marketing workflow a lot!

Pros:

I love that I can create multiple graphics for social media promotion in a fraction of the time it takes me to create them from scratch! Being able to manipulate the text placement is also very helpful; this is a feature that was added after I started using RelayThat and it makes a huge difference in usability.

Cons:

I wish I could create my own templates or that there was a way to submit template ideas to the RelayThat team. A lot of the templates don't meet my personal criteria for tall- and wide-format graphics (which I use for Pinterest and Facebook/Twitter/LinkedIn respectively) because I want the text to be distributed or in the middle on tall graphics and in the middle third on wide graphics, but that's my personal preference. There are still enough templates that fit my needs that RelayThat is very useful for me.

Debbie
Marketing in Israel

Why RelayThat is Brilliant for Branding

Comments: After much thought, I decided to use RelayThat for all my featured images on my blog posts. I vary the colors slightly to keep things interesting, but overall, it's very easy to recognize my branding because of the way that RelayThat keeps things consistent without me having to think about every small element. Having the ability to quickly produce relevant, interesting images without spending a fortune, and without wasting time, has been a huge blessing.

Pros:

I've been using RelayThat for about 18 months now and I use it everyday. I'm not a graphic artist but I need lots of images for my blogs - especially featured images for posts and accompanying images for social media. Using RelayThat allows me to create professional-looking, eye-catching images which - and this is key - allow me to brand my blogs without any graphic talent whatsoever. What's more, because the software allows me to choose a template, change it easily (including colors, images, icons, text etc) and resize it for various purposes it's a breeze (and a huge time-saver) to do graphics this way. Name your social media and there's a size ready and waiting for you, plus ad sizes, print variations and more. There are more options than I will ever need, and they're easy to search through. I can make a design using one template and then resize it automatically for a range of other uses. In terms of branding, I wanted my brand to visually shine through, both on my blogs and on social media. With RelayThat, I can use my blog colors in every image, either as the background, or for emphasis... and that's going to make my images easily recognizable wherever they are found online. I don't have to think too hard, or experiment too much to get a look that I love. There are thousands of images included, and also over 100,000 icons. That's very helpful for me The software makes it easy to get everything to look right and helps me stay within good graphics practice.

Cons:

While I love that RelayThat keeps me on the straight and narrow as far as design goes, there are some who will not adore the fact that the program is not as flexible as they might wish. This may frustrate graphic designers somewhat, but it delights me... as someone who has just enough design knowledge to be dangerous and make a total mess of things.

Matthew
Founder in Australia
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

RelayThat is perfect for the batch creation of multiple images for different social media sizes.

Pros:

RelayThat has a unique selling proposition in that it allows you to batch create images for multiple platforms quickly. It also has a wide variety of templates. These templates are quite basic, which in RelayThat is not necessarily a bad thing, as it keeps branding consistent. Further, generally any stock image looks nice on the templates provided. RelayThat provides a brand kit, where you can input your brand's colours and other details, and have these replicated on the templates quickly. RelayThat is perfect for solopreneurs who are producing content that needs graphics such as thumbnails, and do not have the expertise to create these themselves.

Cons:

The main downsides I have found with RelayThat are that the templates do not seem to be updated regularly and some of the social media sizes are incorrect. For example, templates for Instagram posts are 1200 x 1200 pixels when they should be 1080 x 1080.

Ale
Editor in Argentina
Newspapers, 2–10 Employees

Design multiples formats just with 1 design

Comments: easy peasy for make design for social media. Really good tool for branding

Pros:

RelayThat is a simple design tool but the best from RelayThat is you can make 1 design and get multiple formats and sizes. So Instantly you can make images and design for every channel like facebook, instagram, blogpost without to have to redesign Pro - Smart templates - Automate resize - Image library - Work for ads too - Easy collage - automatic resize I use several tools for design, like stencil, design bold, canva... RelayThat its not my favorite but i must say this tools is easy to use and can save really... alot of time! And yes, make a redesign for other channels sometimes is a pain and take more time that the original

Cons:

They missing some key features like - emojis - more photos and pic - cannot make free design (you are stuck the templates design) - not the best editor - more templates - the UI can be confuse

Media Production, 2–10 Employees

Saves me soooo much time

Comments: I post for my photography page and it's a life saver! Despite being a "creative" person, I have almost zero graphic design skills. RelayThat removes that headache for me! I just upload my photos and it generates all kinds of templates for all my social media post. I recommend this service to every photographer I come across. Fortunately I bought mine while it was being promoted on the appsumo site. Maybe they will bring it back! Keep an eye out ;)

Pros:

The fact that it generates so much content automatically!

Cons:

I really can't think of any. The service is so good.

Darryl
Owner in US

GET THIS SOFTWARE

Comments: Simple- RelayThat is my got to for quick professional graphics.

Pros:

Everything- easy to use, value added program that I upcharge clients to use on their graphics over a basic editor like Canva and the dev team is always busting out new features!

Cons:

no custom size option? That's really it but there's enough choices I can usually find one that works

Online Media, Self Employed

One of the best solutions to making images for social media fast

Comments: A great experience, ideal for anyone that isn't a graphic designer but wants to create awesome looking images. Very easy, and lots of options and very quick to create things.

Pros:

RelayThat is the software you never knew you needed until you tried it. It allows you to make pleasing graphics for your social media and more fast and easy. Once you have made one design, you have it already in every other size you may need, perfectly formatted. Make sure you join the FB group to find out about all the latest changes coming up, they are super responsive to ideas, and new things are being added all the time. Really love this product and have been using it every day to create content.

Cons:

The only con for me is that I need to use Google Chrome for it work properly.

Emanuele
Mr in Italy
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

If you publish content on different social platform you'd better have this tool

Comments: I am quite satisfied with sparing time and being efficient, but I need more designs to be different

Pros:

Producing design for different social media platforms can become an endless task. You change a dot and you have to fix all the designs... unless you have this tool.

Cons:

I really like this tool, but I would need more template... or my designs risk to be much too similar to my competitors'

Mario
Founder in Mexico
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Best for quick professional designs

Comments: Excellent tool that I use for my own designs on a weekly basis.

Pros:

Its ease of use. For people like me that are not Photoshop masters, this a great replacement. It helps me create beautiful designs that are resized in one clic for any device/social network.

Cons:

Maybe the fact that it lacks more themes and I haven´t really noticed any updates in a long time.

melvin
melvin
Project Manager in Singapore
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Design Consistency Without Photoshop

Comments: Helps to keep our design/branding more consistent without going through photoshop. Time-saver

Pros:

What's really neat is the design editor that cleverly generates different size/resolution (depending on the social channel ads format) previews. For a quicker design process, we choose the pre-design templates and start working on it by replacing the 'editable elements' such as text, images and color schemes.

Cons:

We're more into facebook paid ads advertising and it would be really nice to see design templates based on carousel.

Daniel
Daniel
CEO in Brazil

A must have for agencies and freelancers. Easy to use, definitely a time-saving solution.

Comments: RelayThat takes away the headache when creating a design for multiple social platforms. Another benefit would be the multiple templates available to help your creative juices keep flowing. In the past, I used to run out of ideas when designing my social posts using Canva and now I have RelayThat. Just play around with it for a day and you'll see what I mean. I probably just scratched the surface and I'm sure there are more features to discover.

Pros:

- A solid product that agencies can use for their clients. - Fastest way to get graphics created. Period. - Automatic graphic creation. Yes, it's true. - Brand-consistency made possible especially for agencies and people with multiple brands. - 11 step on-boarding process (Loved it) RelayThat takes away the headache when creating a design for multiple social platforms. Another benefit would be the multiple templates available to help your creative juices keep flowing.

Cons:

- The font size is not adjustable - Logo size can't be increased or decreased - Some images when dragged inside a container can't be repositioned. - No undo button (seriously?) - There was no library for all your finished products. Unless I missed it, it would be nice to have that without creating multiple projects.

Management Consulting, 201–500 Employees

Great design tool for amatuers like me!

Comments: Design aesthetics, Creative ideas for implementation, Productivity

Pros:

For someone who didn't have a design bone in my body, RelayThat gave me design superpowers like no other! I can now confidently turn around a set of professional looking social media images super quickly. All I have to do is upload a few images, choose a few colors and a few headlines and then get to pick from hundreds of options that RelayThat throws at me. This tool has allowed me to be more self-sufficient for my work needs and I love it.

Cons:

A few things I don't like about RelayThat are that it still doesn't allow changing around font sizes to my liking. Also, images I upload don't scale down to my liking affecting the look and feel of the pictures. However, these are minor issues. For someone who needs fast graphics, this is a God send.

Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Easy batch creation of social posts

Comments: RelayThat has helped me save a lot of time when I am creating social posts in advance for a client. I think it will become even more valuable as I spend more time getting familiar with it.

Pros:

I loved that I could input one set of creative assets and generate a dozen or more social posts of varying sizes and styles for my different social platforms.

Cons:

I found it a bit clunky to save different photos and media to the same client but with different designs. It seemed that I had to overwrite a previous template and save as new each time instead of letting me store more options in the original template.

Unesh
Owner in India
Internet, Self Employed

Good tool for Ads graphics for multiple platforms!

Comments: overall experience is fair, and been usfeul sometimes, but can be more better if they add more templates and ability to cusotmize more easily.

Pros:

i like most is onle click resizing for every social media platforms and ads. i also like workspace features which saves time.

Cons:

What i like least is less customization options as other tools have such as drag and drop customization feature.

ANAS
CEO in Morocco

Aewsome Design Software

Comments: Great Experience, i love the software so much, nothing to complain about

Pros:

i own a digital marketing agency so i need to be making designs for my clients all the time, RelayThat helped me a lot in that regard, very easy to use and the templates are wonderful.

Cons:

no cons, Relaythat was very handy for me and my clients loved the results i brought them, highly recommended.

Bobby
Founder in US

RelayThat Nice Tool For Graphic Remixes

Comments: I like RelayThat. I am not a graphic designer, but it allows me to easy create a variety of different graphics with relative ease.

Pros:

I like that I can create one social media graphic and then choose from a lot of layouts, designs and templates to create remixes of the graphic.

Cons:

I wish it handled photo storage better. Photos and icons get pegged into slot numbers, and those numbers determine which photos appear in the different designs. It's difficult to describe, but if you own the service you know what I am talking about.