15 years helping Irish businesses

Katana Cloud Inventory Reviews

About Katana Cloud Inventory

Katana's cloud platform offers live inventory, production, accounting, and reporting for businesses to make the right decisions. ​

Learn more about Katana Cloud Inventory

Pros:

It is intuitive and easy to implement. I like that you can prioritize builds so if we are short on product I can customize which particular build for it to go to.

Cons:

If somebody messed up something, there is no way to go back.

Katana Cloud Inventory ratings

4.6
4.7
4.2
4.4

8.6/10

Katana Cloud Inventory has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 168 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Katana Cloud Inventory before?

Jared
Jared
VP Operations in US

The MRP system I wish I'd always had

Comments: Katana's awesome, full stop. I've been working with manufacturing businesses for years, and for years I've lamented Xero's relatively weak inventory management system. Two years ago I tried literally every MRP app I could find to plugin to Xero; they were all pretty bad. Along comes Katana, which maybe was around earlier but was "new to me" just this year, and ... wow. Mostly, it Just Works. The Xero integration works seamlessly for bills and sales orders, which speeds AP/AR quite a bit. 90% of the tool's value is outside of Xero though, and I now have a permanently-pinned Katana tab in my browser for tracking everything in the production flow from raw materials purchasing, to production, to sale, to reconciliation of remaining materials and product stock. It's great. Is it perfect? Not quite. They need to do some performance work, as load times are often a little sluggish. Also, it would be nice to see finer-grained automation, and better contact syncing. But overall, I'm delighted.

Pros:

- It's really easy to use - Makes it easy to track materials on hand, reorder, etc - Calculates margin including labor cost - Xero integration works perfectly - Zapier integration makes it really flexible from an automation standpoint - Really lots of other stuff ... it's truly an excellent product and an outlier in a pretty clunky space.

Cons:

It can be a little slow, and the contact syncing could be more robust.

Rebecca
Owner in US

Intuitive, Fast To Implement, and Beautifully Designed

Pros:

The user interface is clean and very intuitive, requiring essentially no time to learn. Some of the other MRP solutions we tried were difficult to navigate and use, and training on them would have been labor intensive and costly. Katana is beautifully designed, and the batch-tracking and inventory management is easy to adapt to our business (MRPeasy/ERPAG were very clearly not designed with food manufacturing in mind, so making them even remotely functional for that purpose felt like a bit of a fools errand, whereas Katana just works).

Cons:

While it is very user-friendly and it has the ability to track batches/lots (which is critical for us), we've had to develop workarounds to make it function the way we need it to -- it doesn't quite handle this the way I would envision it should. There are also some minor time wasters. If there's one simple feature I wish they would change, it's being able to type in the expiration dates rather than having to scroll through the calendar manually to select the correct date. This becomes so onerous when receiving multiple items on a PO and having to manually click through/scroll through the calendar to select the correct date as opposed to simply having a field that allows you to type in the date and move on.

Annah
Sales Manager in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51–200 Employees

The Influential and Determined Inventory Management

5.0 last month New

Pros:

Katana Cloud Inventory manages all the stock, and it saves on the process of procurement.

Cons:

Katana Cloud Inventory has all inventories recorded and results shared.

Alan
CEO in US
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 2–10 Employees

Started off good, but pricing has outpaced quality.

Comments: I started out paying $128/month for this software in 2019, and that jumped to $388 in 2021. Now in 2024, that price has increased to $399, BUT they took away several features we had become reliant upon and put them into separate "add-on" packages at $199 EACH—bringing my monthly all the way to $797! Something as simple as being able to label a part number with a bin number for easy retrieval was taken out and put into a "warehouse" bundle with other features that we don't use, so now all that work that was put into cataloging our parts has been erased. I was considering keeping these add-ons, but their serial number system doesn't work very well at all. I continually had to reach out to support to get them to fix things, but that often involved a lot of head scratching on their part and then instructing me to basically undo a redo completion of certain tasks to get a desired outcome (which didn't always work). I think these add-ons are overpriced—you can get serial number tracking from Zoho for $80/month, but they expect us to pay $199/month for just an add-on. If their add-on features worked reliably I might have continued paying. I am currently trying other platforms, and I will be ditching this vendor as soon as I am able.

Pros:

Before using Katana, I was doing everything manually. I can't express how reliant I have become on MRP software.

Cons:

They have increased prices by 523% since we started using this service. Bugs are ever-present, and they take existing features away to put behind a behind a paywall.

2 months ago

Thank you for taking the time to share your detailed feedback with us. We truly value the insights from users like yourself and are saddened to hear that recent changes in our pricing and service structure have not met your expectations. It sounds like the transition from manual processes to using our MRP software has provided significant benefits for you, and we regret that our recent pricing adjustments and restructuring of features have overshadowed this experience. The decision to adjust our pricing was made after careful consideration and analysis, aimed to support the continual growth of our features and services, so we provide increasing value long-term. Changes like these can be challenging, we’re here to support you every step of the way whether that be staying with us or transitioning away to another software as you mention you might. Feel free to reach out directly to us at [email protected], or of course via in-app chat. The team at Katana

Lukas
Director in Czechia
Import & Export, 11–50 Employees

Great for sales and quotes, not so much for inventory.

Pros:

Great user interface, very easily operable.

Cons:

Pricing is getting worse. Basic functions disappear and appear later as a paid add on for hefty monthly fee.

3 months ago

Thank you for your feedback! We'd like to assure you that all updates to our pricing model were based on evaluating our customers' needs and providing customisability to specific business needs, as our top priority is continuing to deliver top-notch services and unparalleled value and support.

Shanon
Production Manager in US

Katana is great!

Pros:

The set up and use of Katana is super easy and user friendly! The online resources they provide are incredibly helpful. I found the Katana Academy videos the most helpful.

Cons:

Katana does not provide a way to "waste" products, however I know that Katana is currently working on implementing a program to do this. The only true complaint is that it doesn't support fractions. Our products are divided into 12 and when inputting the "recipes and boms" 1 is not divisible by 12 evenly. This makes us have to stock adjust to get proper inventory counts.

10 months ago

Hi Shanon, thanks kindly for your review — the team behind the Academy are very happy to hear you're enjoying these the most! We're always improving Katana and indeed fractions is one of the items on our radar for improving how our product recipes and BOMs work.

Andrew
CEO in UK

Working with Katana

Comments: Ive tried lots of other systems - ugly ones, expensive ones, and completely confusing ones. Katana wins hands down. And without charging you lots of extra fees to do things like multiple locations.

Pros:

Its very very easy to use. Having used other systems, like inFlow, it has refreshing clean visually cued interface. Its very satisfying to use.

Cons:

Very little - I would ask why they dont allow non-stock items to be a thing (we cant be the only ones!) - we have to make up that we have 1000s of imaginary non-stock items to keep the system happy. But its a tiny weeny gripe and has very little bearing on anything.

Quoc Viet
Quoc Viet
Production Director in Vietnam
Automotive, 51–200 Employees

The simplest mrp system.

Comments: We can easy to get COGS, quickly in make decision for make or buy.
Implement is simple and quickly .

Pros:

Clear process: Order fulfillment, Purchasing, Manufacturing and Inventory Control.

Cons:

Don't have kitting BOM (Combo product). Format of Currency is bad, it's difficult to read.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, Self Employed

Great Inventory Software

Comments: Knowing the real numbers of what I have in stock, what I need to order, how much it will cost me, and how much profit I will accrue is essential for making it to next year. In Katana, these figures are easy to find and keep up with. If I have a question, support is quick to respond and helpful. They are a great company to deal with!

Pros:

The simple progression from Items to Buy, Make, and Stock to Sell makes it easy for me to maintain best practices in tracking my inventory. The flexibility in making stock adjustments made transitioning easy from confusions in my previous software into an ongoing accounting of what I have. Likewise, integrating with Shopify and Quicken was seamless.

Cons:

A more complete inclusion of customer information from Shopify would be useful.

4 years ago

Thank you for the support!

Lisa
CFO in US

New User

Comments: Customer service has been outstanding to help me learn features and problem solve. Very friendly and helpful!

Pros:

The software is very easy to use and I like the automatic saving feature but also able to edit transactions as well.

Cons:

I would like to be able to process payments through eCommerce in Katana, those need to be done manually.

ELLOWYN
Owner in US
Consumer Goods, Self Employed

Great choice for small manufacturer

Comments: I tried several different MRPs before settling with Katana. Some were too clunky, others too expensive, complicated and elaborate. I felt a bit like Goldilocks. Katana was just right. Reasonably priced. Integrating with Quickbooks and Shopify was simple and efficient. The set up was fast. I no longer have to duplicate data entry onto multiple systems. This saves me times and I don't lose track of orders or inventory. I especially like the instant chat feature with their customer service reps. I can leave a quick message or screenshot of a problem and within a day or so, I have a response back and my problem resolved. No need to hire an expensive consultant, anyone could set up Katana and run it.

Pros:

Very simple user-interface Was able to set it up quickly and efficiently Continual feature upgrades Simple integration with Shopify & QuickBooks Very responsive customer service Detailed, but not overwhelming

Cons:

The upload from Excel was clunky and not helpful. It was faster to just enter in the data directly. There are features I look forward to having but that are not currently available. I know their team will be releasing them in the next year.

5 years ago

Thank you for the feedback!

Danny
Operations Manager in Australia
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11–50 Employees

Great alternative MRP to its expensive competitors

Comments: Katana has completely solved our supply line issues and it is an amazing tool that enables you to visualize production issues and bottlenecks.

Pros:

I love graphical representation and its ease of use. It took less than a week to get my company up and running. Katana has been a fantastic MRP that has been able to grow with us. They have added some important updates that have made its daily operation even easier. All things considered Katana was a great choice for my company!

Cons:

Sometimes it slows in operation which is mildly annoying. This could probably be fixed with some more servers in our geographic region.

4 years ago

Thank you for the feedback and support!

Atlas
Operations Manager in Canada
Retail, 51–200 Employees

Great Software for Custom Production

Comments: We switched to this app to help manage our custom product orders. It is really great at helping us track our costs and meet our delivery standards. It connects natively to Shopify which is a big bonus and helps us pull for our orders more efficiently. It also allows us to manage multiple stores/locations easily and effectively.

Pros:

The support is always helpful - they've been quick to answer and they have always been able to answer our questions. We've had this app for about 2 months now, and we are loving it. The adjustment was fairly simple and easy for staff, importing our data was easy and straight forward for setup.

Cons:

Would be great if we could count inventory via barcode scanner instead of manually entering qty's and then importing.

Clarke
Production Manager in Australia

Intuitive Software

Comments: Overall very positive experience so far. Software is intuitive and simple to look at which is good. Customer service is outstanding, had a session with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] which he suggested and he was very good - and has even followed up with us since.

Pros:

The software is very intuitive, meaning everything is in a logical space. The flow between areas works well and we love the ability to be able to customise the quote templates now.

Cons:

Haven't found anything as yet, had a few bugs but they mainly seem to be cache related.

Alexander
Head of Technology & Logistics in Canada
Printing, 2–10 Employees

Perfect choice for small manufacturing company

Comments: We are a starting up printing company which has been looking for a fast learning curve solution to manage our manufacturing and supply chain data. Katana turned out to be a perfect match for us.

Pros:

+ Simplicity. Probably most intuitive specialized software I've used. + Price structure. Very affordable for us. + Customer support.

Cons:

- Lack of some "nice to have features". But, it's another side of simplicity and affordability, right?

5 years ago

Thank you for sharing your experience with Katana!

Rowena
Financial Controller in New Zealand
Furniture, 2–10 Employees

Does everything it says it will

Comments: Like Xero, it's simple but powerful - what's not to like about that?! The support is friendly and helpful (despite only being available online) and the training videos are really well presented and easy to follow. A really good software implementation experience.

Pros:

That may not sound very exciting, but in my experience, it's not always a given that getting the features to work is straightforward. But Katana really is both powerful and yet pretty straightforward, although just BECAUSE it has a lot of facility, I would recommend the investment of a little time in watching some of the training videos, which are excellent. Once I'd done that, it was full steam ahead and everything fell beautifully into place. The integration with Xero was completely straightforward and works like a charm. I know that as we go forward and get more and more information into the system it will provide even more, very valuable information for us.

Cons:

I have only a couple of really minor niggles; I would prefer to be able to enter dates, rather than having to always pick them off a calendar (for someone who types fast, this slows me down). I'd also like it if when you are "making" a product, if all the components of that product's sub-assembly are available, the software would just go on down the line and automatically make right down to the lowest assembly level. But as I said, these are really minor and would not stop me from wholeheartedly recommending Katana.

Hanif
Director in Canada
Food Production, 11–50 Employees

Food Manufacturing ERP system

Comments: So far the experience has been very good. I have had a few issues with the initial implementation fee which is mandatory and in my opinion expensive for what you get. I do receive some feedback, but sometimes it takes a while to receive it.

Pros:

I loved the user interface and the ease of working with the system. The system is very intuitive and with the instructional videos you can pretty much pick up the basics very quickly. I love the way that you can upload information through Excel and the system is flexible with the upload. Also the seamless integration with Quickbooks online is very nice.

Cons:

One of the features that is missing, but they are working on it, is sales forecasting by SKU. This would be a great feature to add as it will allow us to add our expected sales for each SKU and have the system forecast demand. Another issue is when you have a price rule for a client in QuickBooks Katana has no way to see this, so when the invoice is pushed to QuickBooks you have to go through each individual line to accept the price rule. Not a game changer, but a bit of a hassle.

Brent
Production Manager in US
Machinery, 51–200 Employees

First time Katana user

Comments: Overall, we have been very happy with the product. There are some features we would like to see implemented, and those have been passed onto to their support team. But the value has far exceeded the cost and we are excited to get completely rolled out soon!

Pros:

The setup is quick and easy and the customer service is nothing short of excellent. We love the simple interface which makes it easy to train others on,. The Excel templates allow for bulk uploads of all of the required data categories which doesn't need to be uploaded manually.

Cons:

It could be more circular in that you sometimes have to jump back and forth within the system to complete a task. The production operation feature should allow you to set a default number of labor hours per task so that it isn't required with each manufacturing order setup.

Brad
Production Engineer in US
Textiles, 11–50 Employees

Katana for a small manufacturer

Comments: We're still in the implementation stage, but Katana has met the majority of our business requirements with ease. It's been easy to transfer and upload data into Katana and we're feeling very confident about go live. Customer support is outstanding and they pass all improvement suggestions up to their development team for review. They embrace continuous improvement similarly to our manufacturing floor.

Pros:

The ease of building products and variants. Our products have a lot of variants, and Katana makes it very easy to manage them all simultaneously. The previous MRP system used required us to build a unique BOM for every variant, which took significant time.

Cons:

Minimum order quantity feature. Ability to reject/second quality part of a manufacturing lot. Develop an easy way to see product list not broken down into variants. Have the ability to only show certain BOM items on the shop floor app. Consumables like glue and tape don't need to be shown.

Jeff
General Manager in New Zealand
Retail, 11–50 Employees

Most Intuitive MRP Ever

Comments: Overall it's simple to setup, simple to use, and while not quite polished, does everything we need in a hugely user friendly way.

Pros:

I was looking for a solution for seasonal manufacturing workers that we don't have time to get up to speed with some complex MRP - Kanata's UI is the most intuitive interface out of any MRP I was able to find. The ease of re-prioritising jobs, and the automatic stock refactoring is awesome, and the team are really, really responsive to feature ideas and issues. Seamless integrations with WooCommerce makes supplying orders to customers super easy.

Cons:

It doesn't quite have everything we need, some of which I though we're quite base (Bin Locations, Supplier Product Codes, Purchase Orders that email directly to suppliers), but all of those have work arounds, and I'm assured are planned for future development.

3 years ago

Thank you for the review!

Shawn
Owner/ Head of Operations in Canada

Inventory and Sales Simplified

Comments: Excellent. Everything about using Katana has been great. The team there walked me through the product and helped me set it up. They answer questions quickly and personally. The product is as-described and thoroughly game-changing for my business. There is strong value, we have much less waste and mistakes in our ordering now.

Pros:

I love the deep inventory tracking and that it feels like a modern app. Inventory software is typically painful to use, and Katana is a breeze. I love that Shopify sales are automatically imported and function live with Shopify, so when you fulfil an order in Shopify it automatically fulfils it in Katana. The Quickbooks integration makes generating invoices simple. You only have to do things once when you use Katana, there's no need to fill in the same info in different services over and over. Tracking inventory in Katana in multiple locations, and being able to include the ingredients of each product in the tracking is also a plus.

Cons:

When creating purchase orders, it can generate a Bill in Quickbooks. This is helpful, however I'd love to be able to create a Purchase Order in QB so that I can simply track them all.

5 years ago

Glad to hear your feedback on Katana! Let's keep on growing together!

Director in Australia
Automotive, 2–10 Employees

Katana for manufacturing

Comments: Lots of potential Katana, it a emerging system sure it doesn't have the xero integration in play atm but like my own business Katana is also growing so I like that I have partner with a operating system that going through similar growing pains as we are. if you have a manufacturing process you wish to have better control of I recommend exploring this system.

Pros:

I have been operating my business using excel, xero, monday.com and email. After searching for a system that could centralise my focus I came across Katana which in essence consolidates all the previous mentioned systems into one interface which saves me a tonne of time. secondly the customer support, I have had a lengthy skype call with Hannes who is a founder of Katana where by he provided a demo session of how the software will be suitable for my business needs. I really valued to the bespoke service which ensured I got off to the right start.

Cons:

The intergration to Xero is in development but this has been the most noteable con to date, that said Katana is working on this and it should be available shortly

5 years ago

Thank you David for sharing your experience we are happy to grow with you!

Alison
Director in UK
Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 11–50 Employees

Katana - Amazing Software

Comments: Katana makes our manufacturing process and stock control so easy.

Pros:

This makes our manufacturing process so easy, our orders come in via shopify and go straight into Katana. The time it saves us is amazing.

Cons:

We would still like to be able to add images to products, this was something we asked for in the early days and were assured it would happen, but not happened to date.

Elton
Manager in Australia
Food & Beverages, 2–10 Employees

Katana has made my life easier

Comments: My inventory issues are now a thing of the past. Katana has made it so easy to now sync to Woocommerce, it is so easy to see exactly where my inventory issues are.

Pros:

This product is so easy to us. Once it is set up, it tracks your inventory very well, and the integrations with Woocommerce and Xero are excellent add ons as well. I would recommend to anybody

Cons:

The pricing is a bit on the expensive side. As it is invoiced in $US, I don't have a fixed price each month, as it is subject to currency fluctuations, because I do not live in the US.

3 years ago

Thank you for your review! Glad to see you have solved your inventory tracking issues with Katana. Excited for your growth!

Ryan
Operations Specialist in US
Glass, Ceramics & Concrete, 2–10 Employees

Amazing Software!

Pros:

I love how easy it is to keep track of our inventory, and easily order more materials. It is easy to navigate and very user-friendly. You can easily see how much material you have in stock, and Katana warns you when stock is running low. Never again will I run out of what I need! Customer service is very outstanding as well, I have asked them multiple questions and they always get back quickly with a well detailed response. Love it!

Cons:

Honestly cannot think of any cons about this software, I have not had any problems out of it.