• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.5 /5
    4.8 /5

About airfocus

The most powerful way to prioritize and build more effective roadmaps. Deeply integrates w/ Jira, Trello, Asana, and Azure DevOps.

Learn more about airfocus

Dee S.
Head of Product
Environmental Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/11/2020

"An exceptional decision making tool"

Comments: Decision making is super complex in our organizations. Airfocus makes it easier to align to our strategic priorities. I can see this being used as a feature level for releases too. An excellent platform for cross party alignment.

Pros: There are many roadmapping tools out there. I've tried them all. However none allowed me to prioritize with ease and display important initiatives in a visual & decisive manner such as Airfocus. The options to customize & visualize priorities are world class!

Cons: Perhaps the timeline view can become more visually appealing. It lacks some of the UI features that other tools may have.

• Reviewed on 28/11/2020
Consultant
Professional Training & Coaching, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2/11/2020

"Good tool"

Pros: I like it very customizable, so I can choose a template that I need and adjust it. I used a project management roadmap template, really like the way it's set up with tasks list, kanban board and timeline, 3 key views I need.
Overall I like kanban board the most because it's quite clear for the team to know what's done, and what's in progress.

Cons: It's relatively quite expensive comparing to other tools.
I'm using it for project management with several workstreams and departments, so not that interested in the prioritization, because things are planned beforehand. But seems that feature has to be there and can't get rid of the scoring when I don't need it. And also I can't trace history version or activities, so if someone did something wrong in my team, we need to manually fix it.

• Reviewed on 2/11/2020
Senior Product Designer
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/6/2020

"Airfocus brought much-needed objectivity in how we prioritize our projects"

Pros: Airfocus is magic, because it allowed my growth team to not work on the latest, shiniest idea. It allowed me to get my team to think more objectively about what projects will actually make the most impact.

Cons: I think onboarding could be a lot easier so I don't have to spend much time walking folks through how to use it.

Lino R.
MD
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 8/1/2021

"review of airfocus"

Pros: It really helps with product strategy in a collaborative/remote setup. Love being able to create roadmap dependencies with drag n drop. Defending decisions and prioritizing your backlog is smooth. Being able to score features and pushing them to Trello is a major bonus.

Cons: I'm being picky here, but their iPhone app could improve.

• Reviewed on 8/1/2021
Brian M.

"Get started quickly!"

Comments: Positive. Our biggest pain point is communicating vision, roadmap, and product releases. Airfocus allows us to do this at a strategic-level while tapping into our team-level kanban boards, where attention meets intention. The product is intuitive and augmented by inline customer support. You really feel there is a dedicated team behind you, and the post-sales support call furthers this sentiment.

Pros: The Timeline and Scoring features make prioritization, which most companies/teams can struggle with, easy to do. It's also nice to have bi-direction sync to everyday third-party products (trello/jira).

Cons: I'd like to see the pricing model change to allow for unlimited contributors. The value of this product is inclusion. That said, I'm looking forward to the public portal feature (Q3).

Bruno M.
Head of Product
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 201-500 Employees

"Only use the timline"

Pros: The timeline view. It is easy and quick to update and share with stakeholders. We don't use any other functionality of Airfocus.

Cons: Pricing, currently we share a single user with all product owners.

Kenneth B.
Computer Games, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/6/2020

"1 month in review"

Comments: Pretty happy, AirFocus helped us reduce the time we have to invest in planning and grooming our roadmap. We're still deploying workspaces for Marketing and IT Operations, so will challenge the overall experience we had in creating the workspace for Product.

Pros: How easy it was to integrate to Jira and Trello and other existing tools.
The priority poker feature to simplify scoring and prioritization.
And the timeline management section.

Cons: Can't have an item with two integrations (i.e. a Jira ticket and a Trello card)
JQL queries don't work exactly as JIRA's.
Most templates change in the values used for scoring, but not in suggesting structures or organizations.
Can't filter or search by colors.

• Reviewed on 30/6/2020
Kultida yee T.
Founding Member/ Digital Strategist
Internet
  • Reviewed on 20/7/2018

"Awesome tool for marketing planning"

Pros: airfocus is by far one of the most sophisticated prioritization solutions I've tried that is still easy to use. I also really like that you can share and discuss the projects with a remote team.

Cons: It'd be nice to have an undo button. So far I've not felt the need to use it, but I think it can be a useful feature to have.

• Reviewed on 20/7/2018
Brendan H.
VP Engineering & Digital Product
Consumer Goods, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/4/2019

"Necessary for all modern product teams"

Pros: As the person who runs product and engineering at our organization, there are requests coming in from every department for features, updates, and new products/pages. Being able to build a prioritization framework that the entire org is bought into that I can share with everyone has been invaluable. The entire team can now see our roadmap and why we're working on certain things. We built a google form to ingest requests, which creates an asana and airfocus task. We then enter their scores for impact, and our scores for effort and other teams can clearly see where their projects fall on the prioritization list. It's made conversations about bandwidth so much easier and made our teams work more transparent.

Cons: Currently, there is no way to have multiple frameworks inside a single project. It's also a bit expensive on a per-user basis.

by airfocus on 18/4/2019

Thanks for the inspiring feedback. Love the Form/Asana/airfocus workflow.

We're soon gonna launch master roadmaps. This will hopefully help you.

• Reviewed on 12/4/2019
Christoph B.
Product manager
  • Reviewed on 22/3/2018

"Great tool for prioritizing projects, ideas and product features. A must have for decision-makers!"

Pros: Easy set up, you're good to go within minutes. Also love the Jira and Trello sync!
Very helpful is the set of provided templates to get started.
Visualization alternatives (chart, board and timeline view) are great.
Great overall user experience and easy to use.

Cons: I don't totally agree with the differentiation between user groups in terms of features: why shouldn't a single user need Jira and Trello integration?

• Reviewed on 22/3/2018
Guillem S.
Partner
Venture Capital & Private Equity, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/6/2020

"Really good product for remote teams"

Comments: We are using it to manage the development of our internal technology platform. It works really well to create a backlog of feature requests and ideas that we want to implement. We then prioritize them collaboratively and introduce them into our roadmap.

Pros: Very useful for remote teams. The collaboration features are very useful.
Very intuitive and easy to set up.
UX/UI is very good.
I really like the timeline view

Cons: One feature that is still missing: Public roadmaps with the option to upvote and downvote features

Process Engineering Manager
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/4/2019

"Airfocus review"

Pros: It is the easiest way to have a prioritization system that can be customized.

Cons: Lack of basic standard software features.

• Reviewed on 11/4/2019
Stephen L.
Automotive, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/7/2018

"Overall, great tool. They've been responsive and helpful."

Pros: Easy of use. The prioritization tool is awesome. The interface is very intuitive. I really like seeing the roadmap with the score on it.

Cons: The chat support is sometimes not very quick to respond. There are a couple features that would make this product even better, like the ability to role multiple items up to a larger item.

• Reviewed on 18/7/2018
Guillermo L.
CPO
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/11/2020

"Good product but still need work on it"

Comments: Is simple, and also very powerful to share information compared with other tools as product board or Asana (really close tools). Very interesting the possibility to prioritize using ICE framework.

Pros: The Priorization possibilities, the Asana integration and the Iframes possibilities to let to stakeholder to track.

Cons: Manual synchronization. Not Asana Due date synchronization , finished task in Asana are not considered. I think that Asana synchronization in general is a big advantage but you should still work on it to obtain maximum information from Asana tasks.

• Reviewed on 16/11/2020
Managing Founder
  • Reviewed on 10/7/2018

"Just perfect!"

Comments: Better decision more quickly.

Pros: Easy to use! Easy to implement! Simply a great way to make better decisions quickly! We use it all the time.

Cons: Jira integeration is a little tideous and lacks full integattion. We espeically would like to map epics and story points. Betterment is under development!

• Reviewed on 10/7/2018
Manoj N.
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 16/4/2019

"The Best Prioritisation Tool for your Business Decision"

Comments: I am looking for similar tools (cheaper or free) for last 3 months, have done many google searches but not been able to find the same. Let me know if you find one :)

Pros: I have been trying various road map prioritisation tool, but airfocus stands out as clutter free decision making and visualisation tool. If your pain point is decision making this is the tool. If you need stuff like sprints, try Hygger or ora.

Cons: Pricing is steep for a freelancer like me, thought the support gave me a discount, but I couldn't keep up and had to cancel subscription.

• Reviewed on 16/4/2019
Mike M.
Product Owner
Automotive, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/6/2020

"Easy to Use but Missed Some Simple Features"

Comments: Overall while sometimes frustrating the tool meets the simple needs for what I require.

Pros: Very easy to use and customize to tell the appropriate story

Cons: There are some simple misses, what seems like very simple feature development and items that should be considered as part of an MVP (minimally viable product) should have been deployed by now.

Martin H.
SE
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/9/2019

"Smart tables"

Pros: Easy to use
Visual way how to transform sheets to database-like tables

Cons: Price and limited or blocked features after trial :-)

• Reviewed on 20/9/2019
Mafalda M.
Hospitality, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 1/7/2020

"Beautifully designed and perfect for sharing with stakeholders"

Comments: I'm very satisfied with airfocus - It helps a lot with being able to share my thought process and prioritization efforts and help align the team around the priorities.

Pros: The UI is very slick and easy to use. It's very visual and creates very impactful roadmaps. I love that I'm able to share with stakeholders and the team in a format that is not a spreadsheet or a static presentation. The clubhouse integration has been very helpful.

Cons: The one thing that I feel it could be improved is importing external data from a file (for example CSV) - I found it was not very intuitive to be on integrations as it's technically an upload, not an integration. Most of all I feel it would be helpful to be able to create bulk items more easily.

Sheena C.
Boss
Construction, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/3/2019

"Prioritize"

Pros: I always have a lot of things to do and they all seem important. This causes a lot of anxiety. With this app it can help me prioritize what tasks will give me the best results and it helps me communicate the importance to my team.

Cons: That it isn't free always. It's so useful but I don't always have tyre funds to pay.

• Reviewed on 31/3/2019
Serge R.
Innovation & Plattformen
Utilities, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/9/2019

"Fresh breeze for prioritization"

Comments: Using air.focus mainly for keeping users and stakeholders in touch with our Software development process. Its chart view and timeline are easy to read and interpretate. Screenshots from air.focus can be used for quaterly presentations in Front of the stakeholders on the management level.

Pros: can be used as a power-up for Trello,
good seamless integration with Trello,
synchronization works well between the two,
motivates users of our software products to contribute and clarify their requests for features,
high learning curve for editors (Team internal) and contributers (external),
clear message with regard to the commitment point (which features will be implemented by the Team)

Cons: adding a criteria leads to losing scoring for all items,
value axis of a criteria cannot be scaled after its definition

• Reviewed on 11/9/2019
Robert W.
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 1/7/2020

"Quick to setup, however needs additional functionality"

Comments: Very positive, however I am interested in what kind of customisations that can be done for our organizations needs

Pros: Very easy to setup the roadmapping tool, and in particular, I like the ability to create dependencies with the drag and drop functionality

Cons: I wish that you could manually enter in the dates for items on the timeline, it can be difficult and time consuming to have to next arrow to many years down the line

Daniel K.
Product manager
  • Reviewed on 3/11/2020

"Good software, lacks some time planning features"

Comments: It was really good for me to organize our team ideas and tasks. I used it to get an overview, but my main task was to organize nut just the priority but also make a time planning. The time planning failed for me because the timeline features did not match my expectations. Overall it is a good planning tool for me, but I only used it one time to organize our staff and then I exported it to make time planning in other tools. I would definitely recommend this tool to other product teams when it comes to prioritization and organization, but the time planning features need a little bit more features.

Pros: It is easy to use and manage your ideas/tasks. The categorization of ideas and value algorithms can be adjusted very easy, this gives the user maximum flexibility. Prioritization planning works really good.

Cons: The timeline usability was bad, setting up lots of tasks/ideas was really pain. What I was missing mostly was the ability to relate ideas/tasks to milestones. You can set milestones in time, but you can not assign ideas to milestones.

• Reviewed on 3/11/2020
Mariana M.
Marketing Intern
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/12/2018

"Amazing and beautiful project management and roadmapping tool"

Comments: We do our complete marketing planning with airfocus. It's very easy and time efficient.

Pros: I really love the visualized priority charts. Haven't seen something like this before. airfocus is easy to use and makes our planning simple.

Cons: I have nothing bad to say. It could be a bit less time consuming to copy manually added items to another workspace. But I guess that is an edge case.

• Reviewed on 13/12/2018
Brett G.
Entertainment, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2/7/2020

"Great at what it does"

Comments: A simple, yet powerful, tool to use as a roadmap that can be published to stakeholders as needed.

Pros: The detailed and configurable initiative scoring is exactly what we needed to evaluate future projects. The priority poker tool they have created is also an amazing way to unearth really productive conversations with all of our seniors.

Cons: I had a few things, but then they released an update and all of my concerns were addressed. It's like they were listening! I would like to maybe see some deeper integration of OKRs or other ways to communicate and do a basic tracking of progress towards annual objectives.

• Reviewed on 2/7/2020