• Overall
    4.6 /5
    4.5 /5
    4.5 /5

About Gmelius

We are the 1st collaboration platform that lives inside Gmail and your tools like Slack or Trello. Master teamwork, not another tool!

Learn more about Gmelius

Showing 25 reviews of 37

Felipe M.
Community Development Manager
  • Reviewed on 15/11/2019

"Effective. Do what it say it will do. Simple as that"

Comments: I'm using it for 2 main proposes.
I outreach people in a totally automated way, so I can plan when and what I have to do.
Also I can structure my email as a project manager. Non relevant, archive or send to a different board to store there.
Simplify my life as I have to work with different poeple all day long and keep tracking of that.

Pros: Flexible.
I have a pretty extensive automated flow that I had in mind and it works perfectly.
But at the same time, for some emails, I just set a simple follow-up or to move to a different board for archiving or priority.

Cons: It's not their fault but sometimes some new addons that you want to have in your chrome, crash or make conflits. But it's the same for everyone.

by Gmelius on 2/12/2019

We really appreciate the review Felipe,

It's great to hear Gmelius is optimizing your workflows. And we look forward to supporting more of the SendGrid team.

• Reviewed on 15/11/2019
  • Reviewed on 27/3/2020

"Gmelius is a must if you are a gmail user.."

Comments: Gmelius is very powerful. I mostly use it for tracking email opens and organizing my inbox.

Pros: Gmelius is fantastic and I use it everyday to simplify my gmail inbox. It give me a wide range of useful tools the make my gmail account more powerful.

Cons: It has so many features that is can be overwhelming. I have not had the time to use it to it full potential but the few things that i use it for are outstanding.

• Reviewed on 27/3/2020
Eric D.
  • Reviewed on 21/3/2018

"Gmail is so much better with Gmelius."

Comments: My favorite benefit is how much cleaner the Gmail UI looks. Are the extra features nice? Sure. Many features you don't even realize until they are GONE. There are many benefits -- but easy of use and "not being noticed" are it's best features.

Pros: I love how it makes Gmail cleaner and nicer to use. It adds some really cool features and keeps me from using an email client.

Cons: Cost. But if I am honest, it's worth the money they are asking. With new features being released all the time, it's cool.

by Gmelius on 22/3/2018

Thanks Eric for your nice words and of course, for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is highly appreciated and will help us bring more value to our offering.

All the best,

• Reviewed on 21/3/2018
Jake C.
Telecommunications, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/11/2019

"Gmelius is a must have for GSuite Power Users"

Comments: Gmelius has enabled our small team to manage multiple tasks and requests and to make sure that nothing falls through the cracks.

Pros: Reminders
Send Later
Templates
Email Tracking
Shared Labels
Shared Emails

Cons: Having to use conversation mode in GMail in order to get the most out of the email sharing and collaboration features.

Jouhad M.
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 5/11/2019

"Great for Work in teams"

Comments: I was looking for something that would help me do templates and then copy and paste in emails at gmail. This saves you the work of copy and paste. Its already integrated :)/ Love it

Pros: What I like the most is the templates that integrate with Gmail when composing an email. Awesome

Cons: Wish it had a notepad to write notes and small link notepad to send to customers

Hello Jouhad,

Thank you for the review.
You can definitely use Gmelius for much more than templates. You can add private email notes alongside each email. These notes are only visible to you and the team members you reach out to by "@mentioning their name"
You can also use your Gmelius Kanban "boards" which you can access from your Gmail lefthand pane. Our boards are the best to do list in Gmail. :)

Nate D.
  • Reviewed on 11/11/2019

"Great for sharing labels (folders)"

Pros: Our primary need was to share certain emails among team members. Gmalius makes it fairly easy to create shared labels (i.e. folders) inside of Gmail, giving all team members instant access to emails added to that label. It does much more. This was our only use case for Gmalius and it did fine.

Cons: Functionality isn't always crystal clear. It's not bad I'd say, but there are times you can't figure out precisely what it is doing and why.

by Gmelius on 13/11/2019

We really appreciate your review!
Gmelius does pack a powerhouse of features, many of them hidden out of your way when you don't need them.
Once you've added your team members, the best way to take full advantage of Gmelius would be to set up a session with one of our onboarding specialists.
Feel free to reach out.

Eelco K.
  • Reviewed on 12/11/2019

"Good addition for teams"

Comments: We use Gmelius daily for a couple of months now and are very happy with it. Plus we keep finding new features and ways to use it.

Pros: The fact that it seamless integrates with gmail.

Cons: The fact that it needs a separate app on mobile to work.

Maria D.
Chief communications officer
Security & Investigations, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 6/11/2019

"Gmelius Review"

Comments: I think it's a good addition to the business.

Pros: I think it's great to track and set email timers.

Cons: I'm not too used to the boards, on the notifications for it, I think there could be more of a bigger notification setting because I do tend to miss them sometimes if I don't check the specified e-mail.

• Reviewed on 6/11/2019
Market Research Analyst
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/7/2019

"Can't get any better!"

Comments: I was looking for a software that allows me to track unlimited emails and Gmelius does just that for me!

Pros: In their free version, I can track unlimited emails and it notifies me how many times an email has been read.

Cons: There is nothing about this app that I don't like

• Reviewed on 18/7/2019
Jürgen S.
Chief Innovator and Marketing Strategist
  • Reviewed on 20/4/2019

"GMelius - More Control over Gmail"

Comments: GMelius is one of our "must have" Gmail plugins that makes us much more productive with email.

Pros: The ability to remove emails from inbox to have them return at the time when they need action; templated emails; sequences.

Cons: Sometimes the plugin doesn't load automatically.

by Gmelius on 3/5/2019

Thank you Jurgen for your kind words! We highly appreciate your feedback.

Kindly ensure that your browser is not configured to clear your browsing data whenever it closes. Feel free to drop us a line in the website chat, we'll be happy to help.

• Reviewed on 20/4/2019
Ryan W.
Data Analyst
  • Reviewed on 15/8/2018

"Great Features for Gmail or Inbox by Gmail"

Pros: Gmelius adds great cosmetic and productivity options to by Gmail and Inbox such as tracker blocking, cosmetic customization

Cons: Nothing much bad to say about it. There are lots more features if you are willing to pay for them, but having the free version does enough for me.

• Reviewed on 15/8/2018
Victor A.
Events Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 5/11/2019

"Works great but its expensive"

Comments: Super great but expensive.
We will continue using it. But we are opened to test new solutions if they are cheaper.

Pros: My company tested many shared labes softwares for gmail (cloudhq, hiver, tandem and labelizer)
Gemelius works great and much better thang the others. From our point of view.

Cons: Its very expensive for its functionality.

Hello Victoria,

Thank you for your review.
We will make sure to continue delivering the value you expect from Gmelius. Although, we are not the cheapest we do strive to be the best.
More exciting things to come...

Steven V.
Events Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/11/2019

"Gmelius helped our Agency a lot"

Comments: It can't be much better.

Pros: I've been looking for something like Gmelius for a very long time. It has helped our artist agency a lot ever since we've started using Gmelius. It has automated our workflow and saved us thousands of hours of sending manual mails and follow-ups.

Cons: Would be great to be able to use variables in the automated follow-up flow as well.

Senad H.
Founder / CEO
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 30/8/2020

"Solid e-mail tracking product... and more!"

Comments: We find e-mail tracking a very useful feature (tracking proposals / invoices) and communication with clients and the integration with G Suite was a plus. Implementation was easy.
Support is excellent.

Pros: We primarily use Gmelius for e-mail tracking although it has some other functionalities (automation/collaboration) and the developer is adding more.

Cons: There were some bugs with Chrome extension that we had to resolve with the support team. The user interface could be a bit more intuitive.

• Reviewed on 30/8/2020
Stephanie S.
Assistant
Wholesale, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/11/2019

"Great way to create your emails into tickets, with a few missing things..."

Comments: It's helped me an my team streamline emails and issues. Assigning emails has been a huge way to help when people are out of the office or when something becomes high priority. I don't really use the canban boards, since there's extra steps involved, but the ticketing is great!

Pros: I love that I can assign tickets to other team members, follow emails, and keep updated on what's going on without having to be CC'd on an email chain.

Cons: I wish there was a way to integrate it with Zapier. I have multiple teams and it would be useful to create a ticket for them to work without having an email account set up within the company.
There are some extra steps that you need to take when things aren't showing up, that's a bit annoying, but nothing I can't work around.

by Gmelius on 16/12/2019

Thanks a bunch for your review Stephanie,

We appreciate your feedback and wanted to let you know our team is hard at work on your request. Stay tuned for more integrations as we allow teams to choose their preferred workspace.

All the best to you and your team...

Theophan M.
Performance Coach & Business Strategist
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 5/11/2019

"Never Drop the Ball Again!"

Comments: Overall, my experience with Gmelius has been excellent and I recommend it to other small business owners monthly. Gmelius integrates very easily with Gmail and keeps me from dropping balls in my business, not just with my current clients but also with prospective clients.

Pros: The strengths of Gmelius include the ability to integrate with Gmail, have access to templates at the click of a button, and having emails that I send pop back into my inbox at a specific time.
I use Gmelius every single work day. As a professional coach I use Gmelius to send Coaching Session Notes to my clients immediately after a coaching session and I set the email to pop back into my email a few days later which reminds me to follow up with my client to check in with them and see how they're doing.
I'll use the same feature when reaching out to and following up with prospective clients. I'll send an email and set it to pop back up in my inbox in 2 days if the recipient doesn't reply. I'll send a follow up email and set it to pop back into my inbox in another 2 days if the recipient still doesn't reply. This allows me to stay on top of my prospecting and keeps me from dropping balls.
As a small company, I also use Gmelius as a very simple CRM. It's very easy to use and help me stay on top of my prospecting efforts.

Cons: If there was one thing I would ask to have added to Gmelius it would be the ability to send emails to lists, such as my sales training students. I'm using MailChimp to send scheduled emails to my students. If Gmelius has this ability I have yet to figure out how to easily integrate it into my processes.

Hello Theo,
Thanks a bunch for your review - we really appreciate it.
The good news is that you can get rid of Mailchimp. :) Gmelius will allow you to send email campaigns to your entire list without leaving Gmail. You can even create smart sequences for custom follow ups based on each recipients reactions.
Here's a video that might help: https://gmelius.com/sequences

Pixel Pusher
  • Reviewed on 29/8/2019

"Best GMail email manager"

Pros: This is the best GMail add-on I have found. My favourite features including blocking email trackers, notifying me when someone has viewed an email, snoozing emails and sending an email later.

Cons: I like their unsubscribe feature, but I do wish their unsubscribe button would show up sooner. If I go to delete an email I find I often click their unsubscribe button since it appears a few seconds after the email loads and it moves the delete button out of the way.

• Reviewed on 29/8/2019
Jesse W.
Executive Director
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 5/11/2019

"Gmelius is mostly great"

Comments: We are still using it even though it doesn't fit within our budget. I guess that shows that it has become indispensable for our organization.

Pros: Gmail alone isn't quite good enough for business use. We use Gmelius's robust templates functionality multiple times a day. We also use the shared inbox feature for our general customer service email.

Cons: The price. It used to be a lot less expensive. We have trouble affording even the non-profit rates for 2 seats.

Conner M.
Director of Operations
Business Supplies & Equipment, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 5/11/2019

"Best GMail / G Suite accompanying software out there"

Pros: Works great scheduling messages. I used to use Boomerang but this works way better. So many other features too I haven't even fully explored

Cons: When I log in to my personal Gmail (not G suite) it asks me if i want to activate gmelius on there sometimes so i have to always say no.

by Gmelius on 11/11/2019

Thank you sincerely for your review Conner,

Gmelius was built for teams such as yours so we truly hope you'll get a chance to use some of the features available to you.

Feel free to reach out to us if you'd like to schedule an appointment with our onboarding specialist.

Nicholas C.
Executive Director
Nonprofit Organisation Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/11/2019

"Transforms Gmail into a Powerful CRM System"

Pros: • Email open notifications allow me to send follow ups at optimal times
• Team analytics allows administrators to view team productivity
• Email sharing & notes helps our team collaborate without a convoluted forward/reply chain

Cons: • Email opening notifications occasionally sends false positives
• Mobile app isn't the best

Travis W.
  • Reviewed on 14/11/2019

"awesome product, great for what you need"

Comments: overall, I highly recommend.

Pros: I needed a software that allowed me to use gmail and have someone see my emails and answer on my behalf. It's hard to find out there without paying out the you know what. They do a great job making the features powerful and keeping the price low

Cons: Gmail is touch slow on the servers so it can make this lag just a bit. not much though.

Andrea N.
Founder and CEO at PhraseExpander
  • Reviewed on 16/2/2019

"Make Gmail work your way"

Pros: I do love the ability to customize many aspects of gmail that overwise I couldn't.
And I especially like the ability to add reminders and add notes in email.
I'm not using the tracking functionalities as I'm used to Yesware for that.

Cons: I got it in the early stage and it was a one time fee. Not sure if I could justify paying a recurring fee for this.

by Gmelius on 29/4/2019

Hi Andrea, thank you for your feedback. It's very important for us.

For the past few months, Gmelius has evolved a lot. Along with reminders and notes, you can now create personalized email sequences and templates that can be shared within your team, as well as email campaigns with detailed activity streams. Besides, Gmelius offers a full collaboration suite that includes shared inbox, shared Gmail labels, kanban boards and much more. Feel free to visit our website and chat with the team.

Kind regards,

• Reviewed on 16/2/2019
Juan M.
Especialista en marketing digital
  • Reviewed on 2/4/2019

"Great Gmail integration, love the 'sequence' feature."

Comments: It is a great everyday tool to follow up tasks.

Pros: It has many features that are really great. One of the most powerful ones is the 'sequence' feature, that permits to create marketing automation chains of emails. Also the way Gmelius lets you configure your inbox in Gmail is something else.

Cons: Now and then you have to re-authorize the chrome add-on and that can be a little annoying, but is a small thing.

by Gmelius on 11/11/2019

Hi Juan, thanks a lot for reviewing us. We highly appreciate it!

Normally, you don't have to re-authorise the extension. Feel free to contact us on our website, the tech team will be happy to help you out.

• Reviewed on 2/4/2019
Andrew I.
Designer
Graphic Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 9/3/2018

"Excellent, reliable extension for Gmail users with great functionality"

Pros: I can no longer use Gmail without Gmelius the snooze function especially makes a huge difference to my workflow, and the email tracking features have been surprisingly good to have! As a company, Gmelius seem willing to listen to the needs of their users as well, which has has a postive influence on my experience with the software

Cons: Occasionally I was having issues with Gmail being slow to load into Gmail, however, it seems to have improved significantly over the past few months. The UX of the previous 'To Do' feature wasn't great, but they have recently removed/changed this.

by Gmelius on 9/3/2018

Thanks Andrew for the review.

We're glad you're able to help you streamline your email communications and business workflow! There is always room for improvement, and your feedback is highly appreciated.

Cheers,
the Gmelius Team

• Reviewed on 9/3/2018
Chloe H.
Customer Success Coordinator
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 7/2/2019

"Makes Gmail more useful for business emailing"

Comments: I am only using basic features of Gmelius so far, and already it has given me more flexibility in my business emailing. And there is plenty of room to expand and increase what I can accomplish with it.

Pros: It makes Gmail more useful for a business. You can track emails, create templates, schedule emails, and more. Even if you only use a few of the features, it gives you more control and flexibility in Gmail. It is just adding on to something I am already established in, so I can build on what I already use instead of learning something completely new.

Cons: I wish I could turn off the setting that blocks other email trackers. Sometimes I wish correspondents could see that I have received or read their emails.

by Gmelius on 3/5/2019

Hi Chloe, thank you for your feedback and time. We highly appreciate it!

It won't be possible to turn off that setting, as the blocking of trackers happens in the background of your browser and we have no way to identify a specific user and thus load a specific list of IPs/domains to white-list at this level. Feel free to drop us a line in the website chat. Our tech team will be happy to provide you with more details.

• Reviewed on 7/2/2019