15 years helping Irish businesses

About Brokermint

Today's back office is automated. Get rid of busy work, duplicate data entry, and mistakes. Simplify and accelerate your back office.

Learn more about Brokermint

Pros:

First of all the customer service is one of best you can find. My messages are responded most times less than a minute after sending them.

Cons:

Dislikes are loosing uploaded files when you unassign something in order to keep the file together and not require multiple emails asking for multiple signatures.

Brokermint ratings

4.3
4.5
4.2
4.4

8.3/10

Brokermint has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 799 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Brokermint before?

Brian
Brian
Instructional Systems Designer in US
Military, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Easy to Use and keep files organized

Comments: Overall, I really like using Brokermint. The learning curve is not steep, and it's a great way to share and organize contract files.

Pros:

I've used Brokermint with two different companies now, and it is incredibly easy to use. I used to keep very detailed files on my hard drive, and backed up on an external drive. Brokermint helps me organize my files much easier with their checklists and backing them up on my hard drive after a transaction is finished is much easier than trying to keep up with multiple versions on my harddrive(s).

Cons:

There isn't much I don't like, but there are a few design features that took me a while to learn. For example, when you add a new task to a checklist - first time I did this, I needed to add a document, but forgot to check the box, then I didn't have permission to delete that task. Also, when you upload a document, it doesn't become visible until you also select "Submit". I learned this the hard way the first time, when my broker was looking for a document I uploaded, but never submitted.

BARRY
Principal Broker/Owner in US
Real Estate, 11–50 Employees

This Tech leverage helped me spool up my company without hiring staff

Comments: Exceptional . . .

Pros:

Once I learned it and realized its potential, I decided not to hire an assistant. I can see what my agents are doing and what they aren't doing, and it's awesome not to be chasing missing paperwork and signatures at last minute. When an agent brings me a commission check, I can pay immediately

Cons:

The learning curve was kinda steep . . . and integrating with Quickbooks is still a challenge for me, so I'm still using Google Sheets to track projections and closed data

Scott
Director of Operations in US
Real Estate, 11–50 Employees

Large KW team user, not a brokerage

Comments: Brokermint has served our team well as we have adapted it to our needs but there is still room for improvement on the real estate team side in terms of features. It is very clear this tool is used for Brokerages but there is a large overlap of need between small brokerages and large teams. I think it would help if Brokermint could identify this and help support the needed features of a sales team.
Lastly, the Brokermint support team has been friendly and helpful but somewhat frustrating when most of the calls into them result in them telling us the feature we are asking about is not created or possible and we should simply request the development team to create it through their online community. We have done this and requests have gone unanswered or addressed for years.

Pros:

We really like the checklist feature and the ability to copy and modify them easily. The ability to see everyone's checklist task through the calendar tab is crucial and much appreciated.

Cons:

We dislike the ability to create different transaction types. Brokermint currently restricts use to only two, listing or pending. It would be incredibly helpful if we had a few more categories or the ability to create our own such as a "buyer" with no property address assigned. This would allow for checklists to be assigned to the contact and documents to be saved in the system. It would also allow for our sales funnel to show an accurate representation of our business rather just listings and pending buyer/listings. The second large item we would like to see changed is the integration with Boomtown. Currently, it is only a one-way data feed, a transaction is recorded in Boomtown and then sent to Brokermint. We currently don't use this because it is backward to our workflow. We instead utilize Brokermint for all of our transaction management and simply Boomtown to keep a record of our clients. The ideal data flow would be once a transaction is entered in BrokerMint and either a listing or pending transaction, Boomtown then records it on the client's page as well. Additionally, if we could pull contact information through Boomtown into Brokermint that would save quite a bit of time.

5 years ago

Hi Scott, Thanks for your feedback! Your Support rep has sent you a link for training options. Please book at your earliest convenience, or feel free to reach out to us at [email protected]

Robert
Financial Officer - Compliance Officer in US

Free trial

Comments: Definitely have issues with the online webinars. Seems like they always start late, late enough where I have left to get back to work.
Trying to figure out how to change systems - daunting task. We have about 100 transactions going on at a time.

Pros:

Robust reporting. The interface is appealing.

Cons:

Some functions are cumbersome. Needs to be striaght forward as agents/TCs come and go and spending time training is not time well spent - In their eyes.

Fantastic Transaction Management Software

Comments: We are using Brokermint to build our back office processes around. So right now it is making our lives easier by outlining and streamlining our processes.

Pros:

I love the way it tracks transactions and I can set up multiple commission levels, as well as add in corporate fees, etc. The transaction checklists also make life easier for the office admin to stay on top of coordinating everything.

Cons:

I can't think of anything right off that it is missing. As we move forward with it, I am sure we will find things that might be needed, but right now we are building our team back office functions around it.

Ransomware

Comments: Horrible customer service, User Interface Is Complicated

Pros:

Google Calendar Integration That Is An Extra Charge Using API Nation

Cons:

If you try to leave Brokermint will hold your data hostage. I have been with Brokermint for 7 years and they will not allow me to export my contacts, transaction data, documents, or anything other than a report on closed transactions. I will have to take legal action to retrieve my data since I am required to have a backup. Beware and start backing up your data.

Chelsea
Real Estate, 51–200 Employees

Newbie but so far so good

Pros:

The layout and intuitive set up is fabulous. Very good looking site. Great customer service. Anytime there is something that we can't figure out or that we would love to see changed, we have great and quick response where the problem is easily explained or they put in an order to have it changed for us.

Cons:

Because it's more of a complex system capable or more complex actions, it has taken us a little longer to set up and work out the kinks than originally planned.

Jessica
Realtor in US

Easier RE Transactions

Comments: Brokermint has been relatively easy to learn compared to our last file program. Creating and maintaining the transaction file is so much easier and cleaner. Again we are able to create tasks and multiple users which is so helpful when working with a group.

Pros:

The thing I like most about Brokermint is the ability to ass multiple users to one file and the ability to assign and create tasks. Within our RE business we have several people working on one file and this platform helps to be sure everyone is on track and we know what needs to be done. I also love that there are features to create a ready to use form with dropped in signatures spots. It makes creating files so much easier. I feel this program helps to make each transaction smoother.

Cons:

There are some features about saving and opening that are frustrating as far as when you think you have saved a form and it did not save some of the filled in spaces.

Andrew
Principle Broker in US

Brokermint saves time

Comments: Love what Brokermint has done for my Agents myself and the growth of our business.

Pros:

The capability to glance at the sales and sales Agents performance

Cons:

nothing I dislike and look forward to future additions.

Kevin
Kevin
CEO + Managing Broker in US

Clunky User Interface with a Tremendous Learning Curve

Comments: The team is open to feedback as long as it is positive. If you appear less than 100% positive in the support forums or share your frustrations in a constructive manner, the admins will disable your ability to post or comment on threads. This demonstrates a company with a dysfunctional culture and one that does not align with the values of our organization. If they would listen to the constructive feedback, BrokerMint could truly be something special (I truly believe that). Unfortunately, they are slow to respond to simple things and their actions are alienating customers.

Pros:

It has the potential to be an amazing platform as it has all the right elements.

Cons:

While it has all the right elements, the user interface is clunky, not intuitive and the result is a tremendous learning curve even for the most tech-savvy real estate professional. A great example of their unusual UI is that all transactions have to either be "pending" or a "listing." If you are preparing an offer to submit to a listing agent, it has to go into the system as a "pending" file, even though it is not. This skews your analytics since you will show a closed/lost rate that is artificially inflated. But wait, there is more. Need to prepare a referral agreement!? Yup, you guessed it -- pending transaction! That is just one of the issues I have with BrokerMint that has lead me to pull the plug at the end of our first contract.

Maria
Office Admin. in US

Review of Brokermint

Comments: Brokermint does try really hard to accommodate smaller companies' business models. Their recent updates have improved the ease of usage for agents overall. Sometimes though, they update and move links/filters so often, that it's hard for the agents to figure out where the things they were used to seeing on one screen is now on another or in a different widget. I also find myself (Admin.)looking for tutorials and/or help guides to the new things they update. The announcements are good but again, the language is not always understood without further research into what it is has changed. Trying to get live support has begun to get harder. A live chat gets passed on to several people which then prompts me to filter through 2 to 3 different answers before getting what I need out of the initial inquiry. Reports is something that we've been working with Brokermint on since inception- we'll get there!

Pros:

As far as I understand, Brokermint is not software, it's an internet based program - unless they are looking to get into that field? Initially, what I like most was how different it was from other programs we were using. The ease of initial transaction entry and agent usage capabilities is what took us over the top.

Cons:

Initially, it was the understanding that much of the wording (colored differently) was a link to other pages or filters. There are no buttons or boxes to click on as people are used to. That was/is hard for a lot of the agents to grasp. Also, a lot of the dropdowns were not editable and the verbage is different in each state so we had to pick whatever was closest. When Brokermint updated the program to include these, it made the transaction editing easier - but all the previous entries still have the original wording. So if you're trying to find an archived trans. those filters don't work. When trying to communicate these issues to the staff/programmers via e-mail/chat; a phone call would always have to follow because the description language was different and we couldn't understand each other's needs/solutions without describing it live (it's good that they made themselves so available) but it took weeks to get to that point/resolution.

Lenda
Broker in US

Review

Comments: I think this is a good program and with just a couple of adjustments, it could be a great program.

Pros:

I like the e signature component. I also like the approval process but I would like to be able to fine an agent for insufficient or missing paperwork on the fly. I also like the checklist system because it keeps agents from naming files crazy things.

Cons:

Does not track emails to agents regarding their docs. I cannot assess fines or adjust commissions on the fly when approving docs. There is no search engine on the approval screen. Also, incomplete transactions should be red on the approval screen like they are on the transaction screen. I cannot see the date a document was uploaded. Timing out is a huge issue. There should be an additional step in the closing process whereby an agent alerts the staff that a closing has happened but we can get a final check before the integration with Quickbooks. The admin training is insufficient as far as the work flow is concerned. The setup training is great.

120+ Agent Company

Comments: Overall, I'm happy with Brokermint. Their competition kept telling us it's for very small brokerages, but we haven't had any issues with 120 to 130 agents, and I don't see why it couldn't handle more. If you take the time to set everything up correctly before letting agents use it, they will love it.

Pros:

It's very easy to use after getting it set up correctly. We have over 120 agents, and I don't spend a lot of time answering questions. If an agent comes to me with a Brokermint problem, it's usually because I got one of their settings or permissions wrong, and that's on me. I can create reports with a simple drag and drop menu of fields. I can create new fields and incorporate them into reports. Everything can be exported to CSV / Excel. Customer support has always been immediate, whether by phone, email, chat, or screen sharing.

Cons:

Nothing major. It would be nice to have triggers that cause events. For example, if no one switches a transaction to closed, we aren't prompted to pay commissions. It would be great if we could be prompted to pay as soon as the broker approves the final required document in the checklist. As it is, we assign the brokers responsibility of switching transactions to closed after approving the final docs. This is to prevent the agent from having to revisit the transaction after submitting everything and getting it approved, just to switch it to closed. There are a few other things that I wish could be automatically triggered. Most of the cons I have would be a matter of convenience.

Maria
Office Administrator in US

Brokermint Review II

Comments: The website itself is fairly easy to troubleshoot and also an easy sell with the agents. It is an integral part of our daily operations and in the beginning (first 2-3 years) felt very familial and we were helped instantly by the owner and the original crew. As time went on, we were assigned account specialists more times than I can count and now all we are is a number. Luckily, they have a great product - that we need.

Pros:

It is unlike any other Transaction management program in this field. It is web based, so an agent can use it from anywhere at anytime. They keep adding little changes/improvements that are often helpful and make the site easier and easier to use.

Cons:

Customer Service and turn-around time on tech tickets or answered questions is unfortunately extremely poor. Their growth rate has been massive (great) but their ability to keep up is lacking (not great). The live chat feature often outsources their CS & they have no idea how to answer or what we're talking about - very frustrating. Suggestions/requests get swept under the rug for months/years even though we know other clients are asking for the same updates/changes, etc.

Liz
Real Estate, 11–50 Employees

Great Platform, Plenty of room to grow!

Comments: We've had a great experience with Brokermint for the past year and a half as customers. The webinars and education that they are willing to extend to their clients is above and beyond. And has inspired us to spend more time in Q&A webinars for our office, and small tutorial videos for our clients!

Pros:

I like the intuitive layout and the transparency the pipeline and transaction management calendar give to our agents. The easy color coded guide and timeline on specific properties helps our back of office staff stay on task and up to date with whats going on daily/weekly with our Agents.

Cons:

Sometime especially when splitting documents, the website will freeze. Or crash. And leave the documents in the unsorted folder. As we have watched this program grow, our cons have grown smaller and smaller. You can watch the progress they are making behind the scenes! Communication is great, and they will always submit an idea to the tech team. That makes it feel like a more collaborative database. Syncing with our local MLS and mapping all the documents we would have to use in a transaction would be the most helpful moving forward though. Overall, great program!

Walter
Broker/Owner in US

Brokermint review by Hallmark Realtors

Comments: Again I am pleased with Brokermint, except for the reports and a few other small glitches that my admin has experienced.

Pros:

Very flexible program, mostly easy to use, good training, My agents that use it like it, the agents that don't are not tech savvy and my Admin enters all the data for them.

Cons:

Most of the reports are useless to me. I have asked several times for Agent Reports. Individual reports that I can review with my agents to show their production and compare it year over year, month over month, etc. Reports are there buy I don't understand why Brokermint insists on putting Company Dollar, and Gross Commission income into the reports to agents, it is none of their business what Company Dollar or any other Company statistics are, it only creates problems. If I was to leave Brokermint, it would be for this reason. I also wish the pipeline showed 12 months or at least Year to Date.

Sarah
Real Estate Agent in US

I love Brokermint!

Pros:

I love this software because it is easy to use and really great for tracking. I love that it has a pipeline feature and it is very user friendly! I enjoy how easy it is to track my commissions, manage my transactions, and also have the tracking feature in order to use for the future. Another great thing about it is the integrations with different websites I use daily.

Cons:

I think the only thing I don't like about the software is that I don't take advantage of everything it has to offer. I am learning about it more and more and getting to know the software and I think it has much more to offer than what I am utilizing.

Bob
Broker/Owner in US

Well Thought Out Product

Comments: Go live process was slow and fragmeneted. Customer support is off shored somewhere in Russia or Ukraine and there is no ability to call anyone.

Pros:

Add custom fields, dynamic checklists, UI, pipeline view

Cons:

No ability to share disclosure packages with a link and no form automation. Skyslope has both of these features. Also no mobile app.

5 years ago

Hi Bob, Thanks for your feedback! Your Support rep has sent you a link for training options. Please book at your earliest convenience, or feel free to reach out to us at [email protected]

Shelley
Real Estate Consultant in Canada

Brokermint review

Comments: Support is typically quick, very friendly and informative ....however it's not really suited for the most important things I need which is client confidentiality.

Pros:

That it's easy to use and I like the esign very much.

Cons:

I do not like that only one name can be put on a transaction - meaning if I have a Real Estate deal that is in my office, the deal cannot be made so that each of us (myself and another agent) has our own file for this property. There is only one file (Transaction) so only one person (agent) can see the file, otherwise, if you let 2 agents see this file it goes against confidentiality in my Association because all of the documents are there. In my office I'm not allowed to see other agents files and vice versa. Also, the contact list/form is not permitted from as it's not private... when you select "only me" for a contact it still goes in the main contact list which is not want I want. It's not permitted as the contact list is visible by everyone as far as I can see. When I type in a contact and go to the main contact list it's on there even though I've selected "only me" . Also, most times when I put an email address in to send a document to be signed it forces me to fill in the contact form (name and email address) before it will accept an email address for me to send it for an signature.

5 years ago

Hi, Shelly Thanks for the feedback. Your Account Rep has sent you a link for training options. Please book at your earliest convenience, or feel free to reach out to us at [email protected]

Sondra
Real Estate, 11–50 Employees

Amazing product, Keeps everything organized!

Comments: Being able to break down all the files needed into templated, and then having things uploaded into their respective places-VISUALLY I can see what is needed, what is there and check each transaction quickly and efficiently.

Pros:

I love the ease with which I can upload docs from anywhere! The assigning and splicing are so very simple, it is literally my fault if something is wrong.

Cons:

The issue with Microsoft Edge causing lag times is a pain, but Edge is causing issues with everyone, so I really cant blame Brokermint --I just wish there was some kind of 'if this takes more than X amount of time...' warning. I also wish that IF there is a lag/refresh situation, that Brokermint would REMEMBER what had been typed instead of my having to do the input again.

Manuel
Financials in US
Real Estate, 51–200 Employees

Has lots of kinks and short comings but has a hidden potential

Comments: Customer service is okay we had times where they are very helpful and times when they aren't.
However, they can only do so much on their end.

Pros:

User interface is very easy to learn and use Great for real estate brokerages with solo agents or people who do not belong to a team

Cons:

Needs a lot of improvements regarding who gets credit for the sale on a team environment.

5 years ago

Hi Gaerlan, Thanks for your feedback! Your Support rep will be sending you a link for training /feedback options. Please book at your earliest convenience, or feel free to reach out to us at [email protected]

Shannon
Transaction Coordinator and Realtor in US

Transaction Coordinator's Perspective

Comments: As a TC I have used many of the platforms currently used by different brokerages. Brokermint is by far the most intuitive and the easiest to use. It helps me quickly track what is still missing, and immediately see comments by compliance review. I like the fact that exemptions can be requested for documents that don't pertain to the transaction and that new placeholders can be added for documents that aren't on the checklist.

Pros:

I love the ease of splitting a large pdf into individual documents that can be properly identified and immediately loaded into the checklist or given a specific name so I can then easily locate them in the unsorted folder and then download them for any corrections or completion.

Cons:

I honestly haven't found a feature that I don't like.

Jeremy
Team leader in US

Feldman Group Review

Comments: Overall it's been a positive experience - keeps my team on track and I can quickly/easily see where we are with our various deals... as my business grows it will be more & more instrumental in keeping us organized.

Pros:

The ability to keep my team organized on each transaction... and see what tasks must be done and which are upcoming

Cons:

the commission feature is clunky and confusing... it could definitely be easier to use... Also - PLEASE - I would love to have an app that stays logged in!! The "remember me" feature does not work. I frequently need to quickly access a document and it's frustrating to have to log in on my phone every time... Inside the app, if there was a way to quickly access all documents and just search by property, that would be very helpful as well...

Erin
Office Assistant in US

All Under One Roof

Comments: While we are in the beginning stages, I have a positive outlook on BrokerMint. Some features are a little clunky (emailing multiple forms, splitting, and re-assigning them!) but overall the benefit of everything being under one roof outweighs those portions.

Pros:

E-sign, transaction management, communication, and commission management are all under one roof. It can function almost however you would like it to fit your brokerage. When we do come across features that we would like to function differently than they do currently, tech support is extremely responsive. Both the chat feature and the folks we've called have all been very competent. The new e-sign updates make a world of difference.

Cons:

The BM team has been very responsive in fixing the issues we've run into as we set up our processes - however, most of the issues could have been negated by having sore sort of onboarding specialist. Currently, we have meetings about once a week with tech support to come up with solutions to the issues that arise. Why not have someone run us through the set up process so there aren't issues in the first place? For example, our commission plans were set up incorrectly and tech did a great job walking us through why and fixing them. However, since it wasn't done correctly from the beginning there is quite a bit of catch up to do with transactions that were already in the system.

Real Estate, 11–50 Employees

Excellent features, a very good option for many real estate teams or brokerages, but not perfect.

Comments: The ability to store and organize files, to easily access data and run reports, and the ability to create checklists to stay on top of files.

Pros:

I love the ability to easily create checklists and assign them to various people. It's easy to upload documents and run reports, too.

Cons:

It is not easily integrated with other major software companies, such as dotloop. This makes it difficult to communicate with other teams or offices, especially to share documents. We are a team within a real estate office. Our office uses dotloop, but our team prefers Brokermint. The problem we face is that it is impossible to share data between the platforms, so I have to duplicate the work in order to use our team preference and also send files via dotloop with the office staff. I wish Brokermint allowed actual documents (not just links) to be emailed out. If they could enable that feature, then I would be able to email documents directly into dotloop, which would make Brokermint a much better product overall!